- Starring: Phill Lewis, Cole Sprouse, Dylan Sprouse
- Summary: The Suite Life of Zack and Cody stars identical twin brothers Dylan and Cole Sprouse, as Zack and Cody, whose lives change when their mother Carey (Kim Rhodes), ends up landing a job at one of Boston's finest hotels, the Tipton Hotel. As part of Carey's contractual deal, the twins and her get to live in an upper floor suite of the hotel. Ashley Michelle Tisdale stars as Maddie Fitzpatrick, who plays the role of the hotel candy counter girl and part-time babysitter, that tends to having to put an end to Zack and Cody's antics. Brenda Song stars as the rich and spoiled hotel heiress, London Tipton; while Phill Lewis plays the role of Mr. Moseby, the Tipton Hotel Manager. While Zack and Cody's mother works, they have all the amenities that come with the hotel, like room service, the game room, the swimming pool, and the candy counter. Maddie steps up as being the babysitter for the twin boys who tries to foil their pranks, along with the job of being the Tipton's candy counter girl. Zack and Cody try to turn the hotel into the play ground, as they end up making friends and foes with guest, staff, and residents; which includes the spoiled hotel heiress, London Tipton. The show was originally called The Suite Life, which is co-created by Danny Kallis, who was a writer, producer, and director for the TV series, Smart Guy; and Jim Geoghan, who was a writer and producer for the TV series, Family Matters. Anything To Contribute To This Guide... ...any notes, quotes, goofs, etc., click on the "add" or "edit" icons on the various pages and fill out the forms! And please! Watch your spelling, punctuation grammar, etc.! Submissions that are full of errors have NO chance of being included! Information About The Suite Life of Zack & Cody Main Characters... Zack - The always stylin' Zack is the major instigator of the mischief that he and his brother, Cody, get into. He always means well, but sometimes the excitement of the situation gets the best of him. Cody - The super-friendly Cody is usually reluctant to participate in his brother Zack's schemes. But when he does, his good influence helps to reign Zack in when things get out of hand. Carey - Zack and Cody's mom is the headline singer at the Tipton Hotel's exclusive cabaret room. She's a great mom but has her hands full with the troublemaking twosome. London - As the wealthy daughter of the Tipton Hotel owner, London spends her tome showing off new outfits and acting like the hotel's princess. Even though she is the complete opposite of Maddie, they're still good friends. Maddie - Maddie is the Tipton Hotel candy counter girl-turned-part-time Zack and Cody babysitter. Her quick thinking often helps the twins out of some sticky situations. Mr. Moseby - Mr. Moseby, the Tipton Hotel's manager, tries to keep Zack and Code in line, but sometimes the boys get the best of him. With his strict ways, he often spoils their fun while saving the Tipton from their hijinks. Frequently Asked Questions About The Suite Life of Zack & Cody... Q. When did the show premiere? A. The show first premiered Friday, March 18, 2005 on Disney Channel at 7:00|6:00C with two back-to-back episodes. Q. When did the first production begin? A. Production began on September 14, 2004, in front of a live studio audience at 5:30PM at the Hollywood Center in Hollywood, California. The show is filmed in the same studio as Disney Channel's hit show That's So Raven. Q. When will new information become available? A. As soon as Disney releases new information, we'll post it for you. New episodes and air dates will be posted in the episode list or in the broadcast schedule. Q. When did the name change from 'The Suite Life' to 'The Suite Life of Zack and Cody'? A. The name changed at the Television Critics Association (TCA) Press Tour in Los Angeles on January 14, 2005. Q. When did DisneyChannel.com premiere the official website/webpage? A. DisneyChannel.com launched the site/page on Friday, January 21, 2005; the same night that American Dragon: Jake Long premiered. It is updated regularly. Q. Do you need any more editors? A. No, we don't. We have enough now. But you can contribute. Other Information About The Suite Life of Zack & Cody... Theme Song... Here I am in your life Here you are in mine Guess we have a suite life, most of the time You and me, we got the world to see So come on down, just me and you know what to do So come on down, its you and me, me and you We got the whole place to ourselves, you and me We got it all for free, so come on down This is the suite life, we have a suite life Birthdays Of The Suite Life Of Zack & Cody Stars... Cole Sprouse (Cody) - August 4, 1992 Dylan Sprouse (Zack) - August 4, 1992 Brenda Song (London) - September 24, 1987 Ashley Tisdale (Maddie) - July 2, 1985 Phill Lewis (Mr. Moseby) - ? ?, 1968 Kim Rhodes (Carey) - June 7, 1969… Expand
- Genre(s): Comedy, Kids
- Creator: Danny Kallis, Jim Geoghan
- Show Type: Ended
- Season 3 premiere date: Jun 23, 2007
- Episode Length: 30
- Air Time: 07:00 PM
- More Details and Credits »
Positive: 0 out of
Mixed: 0 out of
Negative: 0 out of
Jun 15, 2013Maybe you should not waste your time on the negative, but sometimes it is unavoidable. I understand that the guys playing Zack & Cody are millionaires. It signifies the decrepit state of affairs in teen entertainment land. But hey, they are rich and I am not, Na Na na.
Disney channel broadcasts one bad kid show after the other and Zack & Cody are among the worst.
Take the canned laughter as an example. I suspect that it is by now fully automated and shoots off every three minutes. They have to automate it as any manual synchronisation with what is going might constitute a mental health hazard. The situations and remarks don't warrant the laughter and sometimes that laughter is so obvious off cue that it screams CANNED.
The scripts are non existent. Basically what they do is collect a stack of set situations, toss them in a high hat and then randomly draw a few to constitute a new episode.
Funny moments are heralded by such obvious smirks, rolling of eyes and pauses that they scream: this is funny. Ha ha ha. And as a result they are not. All Characters are stereotypical and lack any depth. The fat kid who thinks of food all the time, the dumb rich girl(because we hate rich smart types), the oversexed little boy, the smart-ass little girl, the freaky maintenance guy, the funny gay guy. Acting is bad, with everything done over the top so even the brain-dead 'get it'. The standard joke of someone saying a and then doing b directly after is so overused that saying it has lived out it is existence doesn't describe it.
I often wonder how such bad shows can even draw an audience. Are teens so tasteless?
I asked my kids. Why don't you watch something else?
And they asked: what else is there? And they showed me all the other channels. And there is nothing for them.. Our commercial tv channels have not one a single teen or kid show. Not one. Like they discarded documentaries, good movies and in depth discussion programs. It is all entertainment.
All the other stuff left to public tv who don't get the budget, because we rather have bad programs then pay for any good ones. MTV used to show music once, now it pretends to be more, but actually hodgepodge of ill-fitting programs that certainly are not for young teens
And there you have it: Disney channel operates in a void. That is what attracts kid.
I don't worry to much about this though. I know teens will quickly forget Disney channel once they are a bit older, like you and I forget that bad pizza we ordered. We maybe might make a mental note never to order pizza by that bad company again. Just like we would associate Disney Channel with bad tv.… Expand