• Network: HBO
  • Series Premiere Date: Feb 12, 2011
  • Season #: 1
8.1

1. Sep 15, 2013
    This is definitely and unarguably brilliant act.
    I love both actors, that's exactly why I grabbed it, despite the indifference expressed by sales assistant when I asked for his opinion. And I was not wrong when just began watching, throughout the whole act I couldn't care less if they ever get of this apartment, it really didn't appear to be of any significance, surprisingly. I listened
    to every ward, at times rewinding, looking for answers. This is the kind of conversation you get everyday, only this time I thought it would be something new, but alas, the white is unconquerable. The reason I left one star is because of the ending, I really was hoping for an answer, for a miracle, but it turned out no different to any other argument regarding this issue.
    All in all it is interesting to watch, great acting, amazing performance, but in essence nothing new, and a pretty heavy ending.
  2. Dec 6, 2012
    I don't know how to explain this movie but to say that it is a perfect piece of art. Brilliant acting, brilliant theme, brilliant dialogs. All in all a brilliant and deep movie that will definitely amaze you (unless you are an action/special effects junkie). A must watch!
  3. Apr 6, 2011
    I like this film a lot. It takes place in one apartment the whole movie, but the acting is great, and I got sucked into the movie. I like the quotes and arguments thrown around from both parties in the film. I would recommend this film to anyone who can watch a serious film without action.
  4. Feb 17, 2011
    It's amazing how this film is always engaging and that is thanks to the strong performances by both Tommy Lee Jones and Samuel L. Jackson. Regardless of what you believe in this film is a real treat for people on either side of this argument.
  5. Feb 15, 2011
    I watched the first half only. Both men give strong performances, but when the dialogue became more and more about philosophy/religion, I didn't like where it was going and gave up.

1. Reviewed by: Matt Zoller Seitz
    Feb 14, 2011
    Everyone involved with this production obviously meant well--this TV movie doesn't have a cruel or ignorant moment--but good intentions aren't enough.
  2. Reviewed by: Mary McNamara
    Feb 14, 2011
    "Thought-provoking" is an overused term in criticism, and one that can camouflage many sins. But here, for better and worse, is the real deal.
  3. Reviewed by: Linda Stasi
    Feb 14, 2011
    Granted, the acting in this two-man play is brilliant, but the film itself is strictly for master thespians on the loose--and people who are desperate to get into restaurants that won't take their reservations.