• Network: ABC
  • Series Premiere Date: Jan 2, 2013
  • Season #: 1 , 2
6.3

1. Jul 5, 2013
    I never watch the first 1/3rd of any cooking competition show. It is almost always a mess. I did for this and it was no different BUT I absolutely loved the way it turned out after the first 3 episodes.

I greatly dislike Bordain as a personality BUT he was great in this. I don't watch TV and haven't had cable for years but I always watch a few cooking competitions through out the
    year on HULU.

I think it is worth a watch just to see the final and see Chef K's reaction to her idol. And it's great that Andres was on the show. Most of the time it's either someone already popular on TV or a M-Star winner. You can have really, REALLY great food and not have a star. Andres is a perfect example of that.

I do dislike that the judging is based on personal taste. It undertones the reality of what actually tastes good.

If you like cooking competitions, I suspect you'll like the final half o the first season ALOT. In addition, I'm very excited for second season which won't have Malarky (I actually thought he had great potential for TV). I'm curious who the new 4th judge/chef is???

Overall I gave it a 9/10. The first couple of episodes were easily just a 5/10 but by the end you wanted to give the last two episodes a 15/10 and that to me puts it at a 9/10.
  2. Jan 4, 2014
    I really enjoyed the taste and its eccentric and humorous core. While it is not meant to be a serious food show I do think it is entertaining and enjoyable to watch.

1. Reviewed by: Mike Hale
    Jan 22, 2013
    The Taste takes the "Voice" format--blind auditions producing "teams" of contestants chosen by four judges who double as mentors--and turns it into something better than the original, if your definition of a better reality contest includes more rational and less insulting to the intelligence.
  2. Reviewed by: Matt Roush
    Jan 22, 2013
    The Taste is like an endless retread of MasterChef by way of the multiple judge/mentor set-up of The Voice, only this time with blind tastings as the gimmick. Which isn't nearly as enjoyable as watching judges operate those revolving chairs. The judges are a mixed bag.
  3. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    Jan 22, 2013
    While The Taste certainly works hard to foster a sense of excitement and tickle the palate, this appetizer feels like just the latest half-baked competition idea that doesn't deliver.