The Tomorrow People : Season 1

• Network: The CW
  • Series Premiere Date: Oct 9, 2013
7.9

1. Mar 23, 2014
    I am a person who generally doesn't like a TV series, but The Tomorrow People is simply an amazing series. I really enjoy each episode that is aired, and i always look forward to the next week, just to watch the next episode. This series is by far the best series i have come across, as it has drama and sci-fi, consisting of twists and turns. The story as well the characters is amazing, andI am a person who generally doesn't like a TV series, but The Tomorrow People is simply an amazing series. I really enjoy each episode that is aired, and i always look forward to the next week, just to watch the next episode. This series is by far the best series i have come across, as it has drama and sci-fi, consisting of twists and turns. The story as well the characters is amazing, and the actors who play the roles are great at acting their part. I hope that the series is continued with the same characters. I Love This Show and Look forward for it to be continued! Expand
  2. Feb 28, 2014
    Absolutely love this show. So many people expect TV shows to be perfect and lose interest after the first episode. Pilots aren't usually the best of the series, and TTP keeps getting better and better. Characters are far from boring, and the main characters are pretty well developed. Obviously this takes time, as many people seem to forget. The people who want to instantly get to the mainAbsolutely love this show. So many people expect TV shows to be perfect and lose interest after the first episode. Pilots aren't usually the best of the series, and TTP keeps getting better and better. Characters are far from boring, and the main characters are pretty well developed. Obviously this takes time, as many people seem to forget. The people who want to instantly get to the main point of the entire series should just watch a movie. This show has lots of potential and certainly deserves a second season, especially if you consider other shows that are up for renewal alongside it. Collapse
  3. Feb 13, 2014
    This serie is awsome, best serie i´ve ever seen, i really loved it and i waint the next episode! I wish this serie never ends!Is for that im voting, because i want this srie to continue
  4. Feb 20, 2014
    This show is absolutely one of the best on tv, it took time to pick up. it's getting better with every episode! Watch more than one to see the greatness before writing a review based off of not seeing how greatly it's improved ...watch how much better it gets with each episode. I promise!
  5. Mar 10, 2014
    I love this TV show and so do my friends. I do not know why other people dislike it? It looks 'real' unlike some tv shows where you can tell it has been modified. So far, this is the best tv show I like by far. It is funny as well :)
  6. Apr 5, 2014
    Love this show. Characters and scripts are witty and sharp. Remake or not our family love the twists & turns of the story and the realism - eg people getting genuinely pissed off with each other, not rom-com annoyed - as far as you can be real with superpowers.. I've read the reviews of people who don't like the show and believe they are missing not only the point but also a good time.Love this show. Characters and scripts are witty and sharp. Remake or not our family love the twists & turns of the story and the realism - eg people getting genuinely pissed off with each other, not rom-com annoyed - as far as you can be real with superpowers.. I've read the reviews of people who don't like the show and believe they are missing not only the point but also a good time. This is a fun show to watch. Expand
  7. Jun 11, 2014
    One of the better recent Sci-Fi series I've seen, shame it was cancelled after one season. Wee bit too much teen drama for my liking, but overall was very happy with it.
  8. Feb 6, 2014
    I really like this reboot, as I've been waiting many years to see this show come back since I was a kid. There's enough twists and turns to keep me interested, although a few logic errors and inconsistencies that throw me out of the story at times. However, for entertainment value, I enjoy it.

The storyline and character development have gotten better over the span of the episodes, so I do hope that the writers continue their creativity and depth with the characters. Emotional tensions keep the momentum going. I want more ambiguity of character from Jedekiah, and even Steven's mom, who has been slow in coming. But I think it's on the right track as long as they remember that they are playing to an intelligent audience.
  9. Feb 15, 2014
    All of the negative reviews read like they were written by children, I enjoy the characters and support Mark Pellegrino as a prominent television actor and unlike those that simply read the title or perhaps watch the pilot and then claim insight into the quality of the series I respect any shows development phase and understand that one cannot justly review a series until it has at leastAll of the negative reviews read like they were written by children, I enjoy the characters and support Mark Pellegrino as a prominent television actor and unlike those that simply read the title or perhaps watch the pilot and then claim insight into the quality of the series I respect any shows development phase and understand that one cannot justly review a series until it has at least two seasons under it's belt and has been renewed for a third because up until then it isn't a series, it's still forming it's characters and story. The first season is shaping up quite nicely if you had actually checked it out. Expand
  10. Oct 26, 2013
    the show may seem boring and pretty predictable. but its not. it is really interesting. the cast delivers just the right amount of acting for their roles. not boring and certainly unpredictable. truly awesome.
  11. Dec 14, 2013
    THIS is one of my favorite new shows of the the 2013/14 season. They show has a lot of emotion in it and they characters are ones that you actually care about, especially Cara. Poor Stephen is a hero and is a selfless person that is pretty much Clark Kent of Smallville. Jedikiah is one that you love to hate. GREAT SHOW!
  12. Nov 18, 2013
    This show is great i cant wait to get home and watch it each and every Wednesday. This is one of my families favorite shows. The charters in the Tomorrow people are all excellent actors.
  13. Oct 9, 2013
    The beginning part may seem predictable as well as "familiar" in any Teen Drama, but the transition from that genre begins the moment we move from the familiar "Daddy problem" plot to the next part where the show achieves a change in the main character. While the maturity from "punk" to "benevolent person" may seem to be unbelievable, but after being given enough evidence to support eitherThe beginning part may seem predictable as well as "familiar" in any Teen Drama, but the transition from that genre begins the moment we move from the familiar "Daddy problem" plot to the next part where the show achieves a change in the main character. While the maturity from "punk" to "benevolent person" may seem to be unbelievable, but after being given enough evidence to support either or sides, I can believe the main character's choice after some big reveals and ending sequence. I am glad it doesn't have Teen angst, but I would like to see more development. People don't like having new things shoved down their throat in the span of ten minutes after revealing one thing. Robbie Amell does have the family talent, in my eyes, and I can hope that the character he is portraying will continue to shine under his care. Also, I would like to know a little more about the Tomorrow People before I can care to make the connection between the title to these guys who are apparently "the good guys" in the story. But, it is possible that under their desire to be free of persecution by the people who hunt them could be less than friendly towards the other species and that would probably be a huge conflict within the show. There is plenty of evidence to support that idea. Expand
  14. Oct 15, 2013
    What better than to accompany one beautiful Amell with another? With "Tomorrow People," we get that double dose....and what a double dose that is! "Arrow" was easily one of the best new shows of last season and if the season premiere of "Arrow is any indication of where this show could go, it could be up there this season. Great action, great special effects, good humour, goodWhat better than to accompany one beautiful Amell with another? With "Tomorrow People," we get that double dose....and what a double dose that is! "Arrow" was easily one of the best new shows of last season and if the season premiere of "Arrow is any indication of where this show could go, it could be up there this season. Great action, great special effects, good humour, good writing...and this is just the pilot. Looking forward to see where this show will grow as the cast and writers progress. Too bad it's only a thirteen-episode season! Expand
  15. Oct 9, 2013
    As a child, I watched the original show and loved it. I know now that it was campy, but the ideas and the characters always stuck with me. This evolution of the Tomorrow People has kept the best of the original British series and brought it into the 21st century.

I'm excited to see how this Jedikiah story is resolved. Will he be the ongoing villain or will he be resolved in 8 episodes like the original alien Jedikiah? I like the idea of a 'double agent' for the good guys, and the suggestion that Stephen may not have chosen his side just yet is intriguing. I hope his dad's not dead, but I doubt we'll see him any time this season, since that would change the dynamic of the group.
  16. Oct 9, 2013
    For a premise that for the most part has been done many times before, The Tomorrow People manages to take us through the familiar experience of a young man figuring out he has super powers quickly enough without giving us much of an opportunity to feel like we've seen it all before, even though we have. The show clearly makes attempts to stay young and fresh by including a super computerFor a premise that for the most part has been done many times before, The Tomorrow People manages to take us through the familiar experience of a young man figuring out he has super powers quickly enough without giving us much of an opportunity to feel like we've seen it all before, even though we have. The show clearly makes attempts to stay young and fresh by including a super computer (for no reason whatsoever), an attractive cast (never hurts), lots of fighting and super powers. If you like all these things, then, you will like this show. All I can say is, It's certainly not "The 4400", "Heroes" or "Alphas" but it's a hell of a lot better than Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D and I suspect it will get renewed. Expand
  17. Oct 17, 2013
    We actually think we know what will happen to the show. We think we know who will do things. But as a The CW series, I believe that The Tomorrow People, though I agree that the title is absurd, is a series to watch out for. I am convinced after the pilot episode that I should keep an eye to it for next episodes. One word: BELIEVABLE.
  18. Oct 12, 2013
    I really liked the pilot. The premise is very good, and I hope The CW will be able to keep on this way. Obviously this was only the first episode, so we still have to watch lots.
  19. Oct 11, 2013
    I don't understand the reviews for this show, it just proves that critics are usually the worst reviewers available. First they consider their opinions to be the only ones that matter so they give creative material absolutely NO wiggle room for interpretation.

This show is CW, so everyone is attractive and usually the acting is not the focus of the show. In fact, neither is the storyline on CW shows. That said, the acting isn't terrible, and the storyline looks like it may have legs. Great acting by the uncle/villian, decent acting by the main cast of heroes. Ignore all the people complaining about remakes and originality. That actually doesn't matter a whole lot in the end game, what matters is how the show is pulled off and should be measured and rated by it's own merits.

I was pleasantly surprised by this, and hope for a fun and rewarding season to come.
  20. Mar 24, 2014
    This show is not as horrible as viewers are making it out to be. From what I've seen it is pretty cool. The majority of episodes are action packed and keeps me on the edge of my seat. There have been a few episode where I think what were the writers thinking, I find Steven the main character annoying, but besides that I hope the show continues and the tomorrow people step up and stopThis show is not as horrible as viewers are making it out to be. From what I've seen it is pretty cool. The majority of episodes are action packed and keeps me on the edge of my seat. There have been a few episode where I think what were the writers thinking, I find Steven the main character annoying, but besides that I hope the show continues and the tomorrow people step up and stop hiding underground and use their powers for good! Expand
  21. Apr 3, 2014
    I love The Tomorrow People, it's my favorite show. Please, please, please make more seasons. All my friends love it too. Please keep it going!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  22. Apr 8, 2014
    The tomorrow people, one of the newest CW shows that came out. Despite the name, it is an incredible movie. If you like vampire diaries, teen wolf, being human, etc. Then you will most likely enjoy this teen drama. I have read soo many bad reveiws on this show, and honestly maybe it may be predictable but it takes you own turns itself. Many people 'complain' about how its a terribleThe tomorrow people, one of the newest CW shows that came out. Despite the name, it is an incredible movie. If you like vampire diaries, teen wolf, being human, etc. Then you will most likely enjoy this teen drama. I have read soo many bad reveiws on this show, and honestly maybe it may be predictable but it takes you own turns itself. Many people 'complain' about how its a terrible remake. But overall its honestly a great film that i enjoyed watching. It related too family problems, too why they were so different. The one thing i loved the most about this movie is Mark P. His acting is amazing in all his productions, his character greatly related to his other character on being human. Hes always the 'bad guy' with a good heart in some way- i know we havent found out all the answers but i know il be defiantly watching this show on season 2 if it doesnt get canceled. I really hope it doesnt. (sorry about grammar I'm using my phone, but honestly i highly reccoment this show if you liked CW's vampire diaries, being human, and others.) Expand
  23. Apr 12, 2014
    Absolutely brilliant performances from the main four characters. A good show with a good mix of adventure, suspense, romance and mystery.
    Something not seen in insanely and surprisingly popular shows like PLL
  24. Apr 24, 2014
    I absolutely love this show.. was hooked from episode 1. Character development, casting, directing everything is perfect.. The storyline is engaging,, keeping you on the edge of your seats at times and other times looking for a tissue to wipe your eyes.. Love the acting. Wonderful show, hope it stays on for years to come.
  25. Apr 30, 2014
    The show is just amazing and the actors are wonderful. The show never gets boring as there are new, exciting things happening in every episode. I really hope to be watching a second season.
  26. May 6, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This show was so Awesome i don't know why there are so many negative reviews but the tomorrow people was a great show Cara and Stephen getting together was amazing.! Expand
  27. Jun 5, 2014
    A great series we need a second as it has basically left us with a cliff hanger, a fabulous programme which kept keeping the audience entwined with new information and action everybody likes. WE NEED A SECOND SERIES!!!! Cwtv needs to know this!
  28. Sep 5, 2014
    Best show I've ever seen and so gripping, entertaining and majorly addictive. I was devastated when it got cancelled as I love that show so much and hope they one day renew it again!

1. People Weekly
    Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Oct 31, 2013
    The CW has established a reliable [network formula]: beautiful young things plus alienation plus supernatural powers plus slim-fit leather jackets. It works again in this new series. [11 Nov 2013, p.40]
    Teen shows and sci-fi shows often get a bad rap for being ridiculous or campy or stupid, and Tomorrow People isn't any of those things. Unfortunately, it's just boring.
    This won't be a show focusing on teenage angst, which is a healthy breath of fresh air from a network that capitalizes on brooding male protagonists.... One major aspect the pilot lacks is character development, as the fast-paced action and plot dominate the first hour to set up the series.