• Network: The CW
  • Series Premiere Date: Oct 9, 2013
  • Season #: 1
7.9

1. Nov 7, 2013
    I was a fan of Tomorrow people TOS. What I like was youth empowerment, expecting the unexpected, and non violence. In the original series, Tomorrow people were willing to help anybody regardless of whether they were TP or not. My favorite character was Mike. He brought energy and a fresh sense of morality IE One law for the rich and the poor against sleeping under bridges. A law the rich have no reason to break.
    Of what I saw so far, The New Tomorrow people are constantly hunted by one organization that forces them to go underground. I found the plots to be predictable and the characters to be underdeveloped. The characters are supposed to be teens. By any stretch of the imagination, I cant believe Steven is in High School. My advice, fire the writers, create a Mike character, put the TP's in more diverse situation, find more of a role for Tim.
  2. Oct 26, 2013
    The show has gone downhill since its premiere which wasn't that great to be honest.. The show lacks a great storyline i think Julie is focusing more about The originals and the vampire diaries than this show. it's like a side dish to her.
  3. Oct 25, 2013
    This show could have been so good if it would have taken the XMen or Alphas approach and made the super powers a metaphor for something greater. And they could have explored the story of a teenager grappling with mental illness in a world he is not sure is real, but they glossed over all that to get to the secret lairs and secret government labs. Swing and a miss.
  4. Oct 25, 2013
    Boring. Just, boring. You can tell this show has all the pieces that the CW says their shows should have, but you don't really care about any of it. THematically it has nothing to say, tonally it is everything we've already seen, and the big bag government agency is so outdated and cliche. The one bright spot in the show is Peyton List, who I'm glad is finally getting the recognition and star power she deserves. Congrats Peyton, now go book another show. Collapse
  5. Oct 19, 2013
    Watched the first 2 episodes...bad show..bad production..bad stories.. just not interesting. This is not a reboot it's a retread with a hole in it. It's off my viewing schedule. Heard The Hundred is much better.
  6. Oct 13, 2013
    Very disappointed. I was so excited to see a new Sci Fi series. It was painful to watch. The acting was sub par. The story had potential but the characters were just boring. Complete waste of time.
  7. Oct 11, 2013
    I think this is a terrible show.

I was disgusted by even spending time watching it. It's predictable, boring, stupid, cliched, and so commercialized. The cast is not surprisingly attractive, with perfect white skin and teeth.

The plot is extremely cliched. You can call it an X-men rip-off, Heroes-rip off, Alphas-rip off, or whatever. The whole idea of having a young teen discovering
    about his hidden powers has became the ultimate YA cliche. I don't know how can any sane person consider this show good?

I am also baffled by Dan Steven's involvement. A rising star, from Downton Abbey fame. He left that show (which has turned into a boring soap opera, but it's still superior to this one) so he can pursue a career in Hollywood. I wonder if this is what he had in mind when he left Downton, because in this show he is a computer voice! A freaking computer voice. And Dan Stevens has more talent than the "perfect looking" lead.

The sole thought that there are people watching this, and considering it good, makes me wanna vomit. I can't believe that after shows like Game of Thrones and Mad Men, The CW still exists.

The only positive trait this show bears are the effects. I was very surprised by the visual direction The CW had taken. Other fantasy/sci-fi shows like Arrow and Smallville had terrible effects. These effects can rival many modern television shows.

At the end, if this show survives, I would lose all faith in humanity.
  8. Oct 9, 2013
    This show is so bad, it is like a bad version of Alphas and Jumper. Too cliche, bad writing, bad acting. Makes me sad because I liked the original Tomorrow People it had substance this doesn't
  9. Oct 9, 2013
    You call this a remake? How come those idiots at The CW making a reboot of one of my favorite British TV shows of the 1970s? I remember when The Tomorrow People aired on Nickelodeon in the early '90s (although it's not a remake of the TV version). But in 2013, I think this reboot of a whole needs to be canceled for good. Just like Knight Rider, Bionic Woman, and Charlie's Angels, no one wants to see classic TV shows turned into reboots. I think I'll see Arrow and Nikita instead. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Oct 31, 2013
    The CW has established a reliable [network formula]: beautiful young things plus alienation plus supernatural powers plus slim-fit leather jackets. It works again in this new series. [11 Nov 2013, p.40]
  2. Reviewed by: Margaret Lyons
    Oct 9, 2013
    Teen shows and sci-fi shows often get a bad rap for being ridiculous or campy or stupid, and Tomorrow People isn't any of those things. Unfortunately, it's just boring.
  3. Reviewed by: Sydney Bucksbaum
    Oct 9, 2013
    This won't be a show focusing on teenage angst, which is a healthy breath of fresh air from a network that capitalizes on brooding male protagonists.... One major aspect the pilot lacks is character development, as the fast-paced action and plot dominate the first hour to set up the series.