• Network: The CW
  • Series Premiere Date: Oct 9, 2013
  • Season #: 1
7.9

1. Apr 12, 2014
    Absolutely brilliant performances from the main four characters. A good show with a good mix of adventure, suspense, romance and mystery.
    Something not seen in insanely and surprisingly popular shows like PLL
  2. Apr 8, 2014
    Serie meio sessão da tarde, a maior parte dos atores é desconhecida pra mim, mas é legalzinha, a ideia é boa e a história regular, bons efeitos e uma trama bem trançada...Vamos ver no que dá!
  3. Apr 8, 2014
    The tomorrow people, one of the newest CW shows that came out. Despite the name, it is an incredible movie. If you like vampire diaries, teen wolf, being human, etc. Then you will most likely enjoy this teen drama. I have read soo many bad reveiws on this show, and honestly maybe it may be predictable but it takes you own turns itself. Many people 'complain' about how its a terrible remake. But overall its honestly a great film that i enjoyed watching. It related too family problems, too why they were so different. The one thing i loved the most about this movie is Mark P. His acting is amazing in all his productions, his character greatly related to his other character on being human. Hes always the 'bad guy' with a good heart in some way- i know we havent found out all the answers but i know il be defiantly watching this show on season 2 if it doesnt get canceled. I really hope it doesnt. (sorry about grammar I'm using my phone, but honestly i highly reccoment this show if you liked CW's vampire diaries, being human, and others.) Expand
  4. Apr 5, 2014
    Love this show. Characters and scripts are witty and sharp. Remake or not our family love the twists & turns of the story and the realism - eg people getting genuinely pissed off with each other, not rom-com annoyed - as far as you can be real with superpowers.. I've read the reviews of people who don't like the show and believe they are missing not only the point but also a good time. This is a fun show to watch. Expand
  5. Apr 3, 2014
    I love The Tomorrow People, it's my favorite show. Please, please, please make more seasons. All my friends love it too. Please keep it going!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  6. Mar 24, 2014
    This show is not as horrible as viewers are making it out to be. From what I've seen it is pretty cool. The majority of episodes are action packed and keeps me on the edge of my seat. There have been a few episode where I think what were the writers thinking, I find Steven the main character annoying, but besides that I hope the show continues and the tomorrow people step up and stop hiding underground and use their powers for good! Expand
  7. Mar 23, 2014
    I am a person who generally doesn't like a TV series, but The Tomorrow People is simply an amazing series. I really enjoy each episode that is aired, and i always look forward to the next week, just to watch the next episode. This series is by far the best series i have come across, as it has drama and sci-fi, consisting of twists and turns. The story as well the characters is amazing, and the actors who play the roles are great at acting their part. I hope that the series is continued with the same characters. I Love This Show and Look forward for it to be continued! Expand
  8. Mar 10, 2014
    I love this TV show and so do my friends. I do not know why other people dislike it? It looks 'real' unlike some tv shows where you can tell it has been modified. So far, this is the best tv show I like by far. It is funny as well :)
  9. Feb 28, 2014
    Absolutely love this show. So many people expect TV shows to be perfect and lose interest after the first episode. Pilots aren't usually the best of the series, and TTP keeps getting better and better. Characters are far from boring, and the main characters are pretty well developed. Obviously this takes time, as many people seem to forget. The people who want to instantly get to the main point of the entire series should just watch a movie. This show has lots of potential and certainly deserves a second season, especially if you consider other shows that are up for renewal alongside it. Expand
  10. Feb 20, 2014
    This show is absolutely one of the best on tv, it took time to pick up. it's getting better with every episode! Watch more than one to see the greatness before writing a review based off of not seeing how greatly it's improved ...watch how much better it gets with each episode. I promise!
  11. Feb 15, 2014
    All of the negative reviews read like they were written by children, I enjoy the characters and support Mark Pellegrino as a prominent television actor and unlike those that simply read the title or perhaps watch the pilot and then claim insight into the quality of the series I respect any shows development phase and understand that one cannot justly review a series until it has at least two seasons under it's belt and has been renewed for a third because up until then it isn't a series, it's still forming it's characters and story. The first season is shaping up quite nicely if you had actually checked it out. Expand
  12. Feb 13, 2014
    This serie is awsome, best serie i´ve ever seen, i really loved it and i waint the next episode! I wish this serie never ends!Is for that im voting, because i want this srie to continue
  13. Feb 6, 2014
    I really like this reboot, as I've been waiting many years to see this show come back since I was a kid. There's enough twists and turns to keep me interested, although a few logic errors and inconsistencies that throw me out of the story at times. However, for entertainment value, I enjoy it.

The storyline and character development have gotten better over the span of the episodes, so I
    do hope that the writers continue their creativity and depth with the characters. Emotional tensions keep the momentum going. I want more ambiguity of character from Jedekiah, and even Steven's mom, who has been slow in coming. But I think it's on the right track as long as they remember that they are playing to an intelligent audience. Expand
  14. Dec 14, 2013
    THIS is one of my favorite new shows of the the 2013/14 season. They show has a lot of emotion in it and they characters are ones that you actually care about, especially Cara. Poor Stephen is a hero and is a selfless person that is pretty much Clark Kent of Smallville. Jedikiah is one that you love to hate. GREAT SHOW!
  15. Nov 18, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is very CW: good looking young people struggling with both an ongoing mystery/fight against bad people as well as the drama in their love lives. There is even a main character dealing with the difficulties of fitting in at high school. sigh.

Yes, the concept has been done many times, and this isn't even in the same ballpark as Heroes season 1. But there might be enough drama created by Stephen doing the double agent thing. Only time will tell.

I'm torn about rating this because on one hand it is a formulaic teen show. On the other it is helping to make sci-fi more mainstream and if shows like these are successful we should hopefully get more on our screens.
  16. Nov 18, 2013
    This show is great i cant wait to get home and watch it each and every Wednesday. This is one of my families favorite shows. The charters in the Tomorrow people are all excellent actors.
  17. Nov 17, 2013
    I love this show. The actors have great performances almost every night. And while the storyline can sometimes be somewhat predictable, the show is very enticing for people to watch. I am not really a fan of sci-fi shows, but I am very pleased with the show. I have been with the show since the beginning and when I have been disappointed, I always rturned the next week to see if the show got better. So far, it has! Expand
  18. Nov 7, 2013
    I was a fan of Tomorrow people TOS. What I like was youth empowerment, expecting the unexpected, and non violence. In the original series, Tomorrow people were willing to help anybody regardless of whether they were TP or not. My favorite character was Mike. He brought energy and a fresh sense of morality IE One law for the rich and the poor against sleeping under bridges. A law the rich have no reason to break.
    Of what I saw so far, The New Tomorrow people are constantly hunted by one organization that forces them to go underground. I found the plots to be predictable and the characters to be underdeveloped. The characters are supposed to be teens. By any stretch of the imagination, I cant believe Steven is in High School. My advice, fire the writers, create a Mike character, put the TP's in more diverse situation, find more of a role for Tim.
  19. Oct 26, 2013
    the show may seem boring and pretty predictable. but its not. it is really interesting. the cast delivers just the right amount of acting for their roles. not boring and certainly unpredictable. truly awesome.
  20. Oct 26, 2013
    The show has gone downhill since its premiere which wasn't that great to be honest.. The show lacks a great storyline i think Julie is focusing more about The originals and the vampire diaries than this show. it's like a side dish to her.
  21. Oct 25, 2013
    This show could have been so good if it would have taken the XMen or Alphas approach and made the super powers a metaphor for something greater. And they could have explored the story of a teenager grappling with mental illness in a world he is not sure is real, but they glossed over all that to get to the secret lairs and secret government labs. Swing and a miss.
  22. Oct 25, 2013
    Boring. Just, boring. You can tell this show has all the pieces that the CW says their shows should have, but you don't really care about any of it. THematically it has nothing to say, tonally it is everything we've already seen, and the big bag government agency is so outdated and cliche. The one bright spot in the show is Peyton List, who I'm glad is finally getting the recognition and star power she deserves. Congrats Peyton, now go book another show. Expand
  23. Oct 19, 2013
    Watched the first 2 episodes...bad show..bad production..bad stories.. just not interesting. This is not a reboot it's a retread with a hole in it. It's off my viewing schedule. Heard The Hundred is much better.
  24. Oct 17, 2013
    We actually think we know what will happen to the show. We think we know who will do things. But as a The CW series, I believe that The Tomorrow People, though I agree that the title is absurd, is a series to watch out for. I am convinced after the pilot episode that I should keep an eye to it for next episodes. One word: BELIEVABLE.
  25. Oct 15, 2013
    What better than to accompany one beautiful Amell with another? With "Tomorrow People," we get that double dose....and what a double dose that is! "Arrow" was easily one of the best new shows of last season and if the season premiere of "Arrow is any indication of where this show could go, it could be up there this season. Great action, great special effects, good humour, good writing...and this is just the pilot. Looking forward to see where this show will grow as the cast and writers progress. Too bad it's only a thirteen-episode season! Expand
  26. Oct 13, 2013
    Very disappointed. I was so excited to see a new Sci Fi series. It was painful to watch. The acting was sub par. The story had potential but the characters were just boring. Complete waste of time.
  27. Oct 12, 2013
    I really liked the pilot. The premise is very good, and I hope The CW will be able to keep on this way. Obviously this was only the first episode, so we still have to watch lots.
  28. Oct 11, 2013
    I think this is a terrible show.

I was disgusted by even spending time watching it. It's predictable, boring, stupid, cliched, and so commercialized. The cast is not surprisingly attractive, with perfect white skin and teeth.

The plot is extremely cliched. You can call it an X-men rip-off, Heroes-rip off, Alphas-rip off, or whatever. The whole idea of having a young teen discovering
    about his hidden powers has became the ultimate YA cliche. I don't know how can any sane person consider this show good?

I am also baffled by Dan Steven's involvement. A rising star, from Downton Abbey fame. He left that show (which has turned into a boring soap opera, but it's still superior to this one) so he can pursue a career in Hollywood. I wonder if this is what he had in mind when he left Downton, because in this show he is a computer voice! A freaking computer voice. And Dan Stevens has more talent than the "perfect looking" lead.

The sole thought that there are people watching this, and considering it good, makes me wanna vomit. I can't believe that after shows like Game of Thrones and Mad Men, The CW still exists.

The only positive trait this show bears are the effects. I was very surprised by the visual direction The CW had taken. Other fantasy/sci-fi shows like Arrow and Smallville had terrible effects. These effects can rival many modern television shows.

At the end, if this show survives, I would lose all faith in humanity.
  29. Oct 11, 2013
    I don't understand the reviews for this show, it just proves that critics are usually the worst reviewers available. First they consider their opinions to be the only ones that matter so they give creative material absolutely NO wiggle room for interpretation.

This show is CW, so everyone is attractive and usually the acting is not the focus of the show. In fact, neither is the
    storyline on CW shows. That said, the acting isn't terrible, and the storyline looks like it may have legs. Great acting by the uncle/villian, decent acting by the main cast of heroes. Ignore all the people complaining about remakes and originality. That actually doesn't matter a whole lot in the end game, what matters is how the show is pulled off and should be measured and rated by it's own merits.

I was pleasantly surprised by this, and hope for a fun and rewarding season to come.
  30. Oct 9, 2013
    For a premise that for the most part has been done many times before, The Tomorrow People manages to take us through the familiar experience of a young man figuring out he has super powers quickly enough without giving us much of an opportunity to feel like we've seen it all before, even though we have. The show clearly makes attempts to stay young and fresh by including a super computer (for no reason whatsoever), an attractive cast (never hurts), lots of fighting and super powers. If you like all these things, then, you will like this show. All I can say is, It's certainly not "The 4400", "Heroes" or "Alphas" but it's a hell of a lot better than Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D and I suspect it will get renewed. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Oct 31, 2013
    The CW has established a reliable [network formula]: beautiful young things plus alienation plus supernatural powers plus slim-fit leather jackets. It works again in this new series. [11 Nov 2013, p.40]
  2. Reviewed by: Margaret Lyons
    Oct 9, 2013
    Teen shows and sci-fi shows often get a bad rap for being ridiculous or campy or stupid, and Tomorrow People isn't any of those things. Unfortunately, it's just boring.
  3. Reviewed by: Sydney Bucksbaum
    Oct 9, 2013
    This won't be a show focusing on teenage angst, which is a healthy breath of fresh air from a network that capitalizes on brooding male protagonists.... One major aspect the pilot lacks is character development, as the fast-paced action and plot dominate the first hour to set up the series.