• Network: The CW
  • Series Premiere Date: Oct 9, 2013
  • Season #: 1
7.9

1. Oct 13, 2013
    Very disappointed. I was so excited to see a new Sci Fi series. It was painful to watch. The acting was sub par. The story had potential but the characters were just boring. Complete waste of time.
  2. Oct 9, 2013
    This show is so bad, it is like a bad version of Alphas and Jumper. Too cliche, bad writing, bad acting. Makes me sad because I liked the original Tomorrow People it had substance this doesn't
  3. Oct 9, 2013
    You call this a remake? How come those idiots at The CW making a reboot of one of my favorite British TV shows of the 1970s? I remember when The Tomorrow People aired on Nickelodeon in the early '90s (although it's not a remake of the TV version). But in 2013, I think this reboot of a whole needs to be canceled for good. Just like Knight Rider, Bionic Woman, and Charlie's Angels, no one wants to see classic TV shows turned into reboots. I think I'll see Arrow and Nikita instead. Expand
  4. Oct 26, 2013
    The show has gone downhill since its premiere which wasn't that great to be honest.. The show lacks a great storyline i think Julie is focusing more about The originals and the vampire diaries than this show. it's like a side dish to her.
  5. Oct 19, 2013
    Watched the first 2 episodes...bad show..bad production..bad stories.. just not interesting. This is not a reboot it's a retread with a hole in it. It's off my viewing schedule. Heard The Hundred is much better.
  6. Oct 11, 2013
    I think this is a terrible show.

I was disgusted by even spending time watching it. It's predictable, boring, stupid, cliched, and so commercialized. The cast is not surprisingly attractive, with perfect white skin and teeth.

The plot is extremely cliched. You can call it an X-men rip-off, Heroes-rip off, Alphas-rip off, or whatever. The whole idea of having a young teen discovering
    about his hidden powers has became the ultimate YA cliche. I don't know how can any sane person consider this show good?

I am also baffled by Dan Steven's involvement. A rising star, from Downton Abbey fame. He left that show (which has turned into a boring soap opera, but it's still superior to this one) so he can pursue a career in Hollywood. I wonder if this is what he had in mind when he left Downton, because in this show he is a computer voice! A freaking computer voice. And Dan Stevens has more talent than the "perfect looking" lead.

The sole thought that there are people watching this, and considering it good, makes me wanna vomit. I can't believe that after shows like Game of Thrones and Mad Men, The CW still exists.

The only positive trait this show bears are the effects. I was very surprised by the visual direction The CW had taken. Other fantasy/sci-fi shows like Arrow and Smallville had terrible effects. These effects can rival many modern television shows.

At the end, if this show survives, I would lose all faith in humanity.
  7. Oct 25, 2013
    Boring. Just, boring. You can tell this show has all the pieces that the CW says their shows should have, but you don't really care about any of it. THematically it has nothing to say, tonally it is everything we've already seen, and the big bag government agency is so outdated and cliche. The one bright spot in the show is Peyton List, who I'm glad is finally getting the recognition and star power she deserves. Congrats Peyton, now go book another show. Expand
  8. Oct 25, 2013
    This show could have been so good if it would have taken the XMen or Alphas approach and made the super powers a metaphor for something greater. And they could have explored the story of a teenager grappling with mental illness in a world he is not sure is real, but they glossed over all that to get to the secret lairs and secret government labs. Swing and a miss.
  9. Nov 7, 2013
    I was a fan of Tomorrow people TOS. What I like was youth empowerment, expecting the unexpected, and non violence. In the original series, Tomorrow people were willing to help anybody regardless of whether they were TP or not. My favorite character was Mike. He brought energy and a fresh sense of morality IE One law for the rich and the poor against sleeping under bridges. A law the rich have no reason to break.
    Of what I saw so far, The New Tomorrow people are constantly hunted by one organization that forces them to go underground. I found the plots to be predictable and the characters to be underdeveloped. The characters are supposed to be teens. By any stretch of the imagination, I cant believe Steven is in High School. My advice, fire the writers, create a Mike character, put the TP's in more diverse situation, find more of a role for Tim.
  10. Oct 12, 2014
    I am a big sci-fi fan and i love anything remotely related to super powers, but even i cannot stand this horribly written show whose aim seems to be only to hire super models and show off their flesh! What would you do if you had the power to teleport anywhere, move anything with your mind, telepathy and the power to stop time? - The answer is to fight with your fists!!! As weird as it may seem, that is the logic the writers use in this very badly written show! Even in many situations were they can use their powers, they are stupid enough to not to use them. Even if they do, they use it in the most unimaginative way possible to teleport sideways and use their fists again! If their aim is to just run for their lives, wouldn't it be a better option to just teleport far off from where the fight is going on? That is something for think about when you watch this most illogically written show for dumb people. I feel bad for wasting hours watching this show, it is no wonder they cancelled it! Expand
  11. May 15, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This show is a bad version of mutant X or some marvel comics.The idea is great and some of the actors are ok.The story is intruiging after the first boring EPs.The problem is this teenstuff.Of course Stephen is a teen, got to admit.But they tried to show no blood, no hard action.Its all....soft.They cant kill, bad decision.The final EP is a good example for that.When the writers do EVERYTHING that no one dies.Even the shot that killed Cara is rewinded with Stephend power.WTF?This was so lame and random.The mainproblem for me with this is that the writers NEVER EVER know what aproach they want to try.Stpehens character is a great example.There is no developement for him.For example he accepts it after one EP that he "is not human".Why?No explanation.And thats the case for many many many things in the show.This show needed a much darker aproach with less stupid fighting, more morale decicions, less lovestory, more death and some character developement.Sorry guys, show got canceld for many very good reasons. Expand
  12. May 6, 2014
    I want to like it, the concept is ok... The actors are good... But the story is so boring and done before. It tries to be mysterious, but when something mysterious happens it is almost immediatly explained. Characters development go's way to fast and the show doesn't give the vieuwer time to question anything. The could have gone far with the concept. But it just failed in my eyes.
  13. May 13, 2014
    If you're looking for an entertaining show, with abysmal plot,developed characters, great action etc., you will not find it in this here. The show is entertaining to a degree, but, the actors sometimes do a lousy job on the delivery of the lines, and I never once felt invested. I'm not even going to talk about the love interests in the here, just know that it's the worst part of the show, and there is no logic to it. The overall plot is not very interesting, immersive and clever as the producers of the show think it is.
    The season is full of unnecessary plot twists and cliches that try to keep you immersed in it, didn't work that well. Still I sat down through the whole season hoping for it to get better, so that counts for something I guess.
  14. Oct 20, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This show is what happens when you take a good premise and write/play it out extremely poorly. The idea that superhumans are evolving from the general populace is intriguing, following the same line as the X-men series, but making it more plausible with the fact that the new generation all has the same powers. The secret government agency meant to contain them is another good plot point, as it is what would happen in real life. The part that makes this series unbearable (aside from the fact that the main character always has an annoyingly open-mouthed confused look on his face) is that there is no depth or thought put into anything storyline- or mechanics-related. The love interest part of the story is ambiguous at best with two possible girls for Stephen to fall in love with and the writers just coming up with a random third girl, an Ultra agent, out of nowhere to shove them aside. The big rule about Tomorrow People not being able to kill (which is genetically impossible, as your genes don't know what you're thinking, only how to keep your body running) is extremely flexible and blatantly used as a plot point without good lines to even help cover up what the writers are trying to do ("Our kind can't kill" is used at least twice in just about every episode after the exposition of that fact) with characters shooting each other, but not aiming at the heart or throwing someone off of them with no intention to kill, but still having the same adverse reaction to the act because the push-ee hits their head (outside of the line of sight of the pusher). Everyone seems to be an idiot: no uses of powers that could obviously fix a situation (i.e., not standing in front of gunmen who would gladly see you dead when you could just teleport or the fact that in some episodes, tracing a teleport is extremely easy, while in others it seems impossible, even though the fugitives run straight back to their home base) or being manipulated by people who are putting the least amount of effort into actually tricking them. Most of the series revolves around finding Stephen's father so that he can take the Tomorrow People to some sort of promised land, but when they find him, it's barely even explored at all (the TPs do some impossible crap to bring him back to them, but then through a series of inconsequential and utterly unnecessary plot points, can ultimately be ignored) ending with a sensation that I've wasted my time listening to false angst and bad script writing. The aforementioned Promised Land is really just the Tomorrow People tucking themselves into a paused interval of time that is somehow supposed to be better for their existence (you can't drink water that is frozen in time. it won't move. They'd all die within weeks) and Ultra, the agency trying to wipe the new species out, is ultimately trying for the same thing, somehow viewing the race that the main characters have evolved from as obsolete rather than as a source for more Tomorrow People. Those are just a few of the reasons why this series is meant for people who don't like to think as they watch a show, just want something with superpowers (me), or just need something as background noise. Really not worth watching if you actually care about what you are viewing. If you fit one of those three categories, this is a great show for you, but otherwise, don't waste your time. Expand
  15. Oct 23, 2014
    Concept of series is good. Special effects done really well. Acting is good for the young stars. The plot and believable nature of the actors is NOT good, however. A teen with powers is NOT going to hang around his barely functional family and try to hold school, job, life issues with stability. The antagonist uncle would not just keep his nephew around as a double agent. The tomorrow people would NOT allow themselves to be used by these people.

Just a terrible job of writing. Those that say this is a good series are being influenced by other equally bad shows. Twilight Zone episodes are more believable than this series.

1. Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Oct 31, 2013
    The CW has established a reliable [network formula]: beautiful young things plus alienation plus supernatural powers plus slim-fit leather jackets. It works again in this new series. [11 Nov 2013, p.40]
  2. Reviewed by: Margaret Lyons
    Oct 9, 2013
    Teen shows and sci-fi shows often get a bad rap for being ridiculous or campy or stupid, and Tomorrow People isn't any of those things. Unfortunately, it's just boring.
  3. Reviewed by: Sydney Bucksbaum
    Oct 9, 2013
    This won't be a show focusing on teenage angst, which is a healthy breath of fresh air from a network that capitalizes on brooding male protagonists.... One major aspect the pilot lacks is character development, as the fast-paced action and plot dominate the first hour to set up the series.