• Network: NBC
  • Series Premiere Date: Feb 17, 2014
  • Season #: 1
6.5

1. Feb 24, 2014
    Are you kidding me? It's truly sad what people see as talent these days. Am I reading Jimmy Fallon reviews because I thought I saw some decent reviews and that baffles me. Allowing this unfunny person to continue insulting comedic integrity is appalling. You can cover him up and surround him with all the talent in the world but you cannot polish a turd. I'm 24, educated and have comedic taste, something lacking in the unexplainable success of this self amused talentless suck up. Expand
  2. Feb 25, 2014
    To take a bit from LNJF, and TSJF....My thank you note addressed to AnnaP:

Dear AnnaP, Will you marry me? You fulfill me with such blatant and honest criticism of Fallon. I appreciate and value your opinion.
  3. Apr 28, 2014
    all the talent and interest of a slug trying to keep the grass from growing. Does this guy laugh at anything cause if he represents American humor I feel truly sorry for americans that they are so dull, must be all the drugs they take, I feel sorry for the guests I hope they paid them enough to go on this drivel.
  4. Mar 4, 2014
    I am not his hater, he actually seems like a nice and neutral guy and the positive reviews I have read about him so far focus on this fact but I do not see anything positive about Jimmy's hosting skills. His sketches are not funny, even if some of them start off in an entertaining manner Jimmy makes sure that he ruins it by staring directly at the camera and/or laughing while nobody else is doing. He is lost during his interviews and lacks the charisma to keep the interest of the audience. I get that he is not being a jerk to achieve humor like most of the other hosts and making people laugh is not the ultimate purpose of the show - but he laughs at himself more than his audience while he is trying to be funny - it is just sad. Expand
  5. Jun 24, 2014
    Fallon can be funny, sometimes. Those rare moments are outweighed by silly unfunny "games" with guests, cringe worthy and not funny little numbers (dad dance and the like), his terrible, just terrible "Ew!" character. He is always buttoned up and kinda stiff, even after many shows, and the worst part is how terrible an interviewer he is. Sometimes he just repeats what the guest just said, other times he talks more than the guest! Other guys do not have to do any stupid games and other antics to fill up their time slot.
    Another annoying thing - everybody is "just the coolest", "the best in the whole wide world", he is a "huge fan" of everybody...
    The feller has some talents, can sing, can play instruments, can dance, but those are not as important as being a good interviewer, who is naturally funny as a talk show host, not some kind of a circus act.

1. Reviewed by: Kristi Turnquist
    Jun 24, 2014
    Even with its first-night caution issues, his inaugural Tonight Show makes me think that Fallon is the perfect choice to take over a TV institution, giving it both tender loving care and a much-needed shake-up.
  2. Reviewed by: Hank Stuever
    Feb 21, 2014
    Fallon complies, respectfully and skillfully, with The Tonight Show's apparently inviolable formats (the opening monologue of jokes; the fact that at least part of the show must be conducted from his desk) as a bridge to the more goofy and innovative sketch comedy he prefers. He keeps looking for ways to delight us, surprise us. It can so easily stray into irritation--and the yawning brought on by all the fawning--but you can’t really fault the guy for trying to send people to bed happy.
  3. Reviewed by: Todd VanDerWerff
    Feb 21, 2014
    Fallon fits into that dichotomy as a sort of older brother who’d really like to get everybody together just this once, because it would make mom and dad happy. There’s a way to make that work within the more stringent requirements of The Tonight Show, but Fallon hasn’t found it just yet.