• Network: NBC
  • Series Premiere Date: Feb 17, 2014
  • Season #: 1
6.5

1. Feb 24, 2014
    Are you kidding me? It's truly sad what people see as talent these days. Am I reading Jimmy Fallon reviews because I thought I saw some decent reviews and that baffles me. Allowing this unfunny person to continue insulting comedic integrity is appalling. You can cover him up and surround him with all the talent in the world but you cannot polish a turd. I'm 24, educated and have comedic taste, something lacking in the unexplainable success of this self amused talentless suck up. Expand
  2. Feb 18, 2014
    Jimmy Fallon! I hope you're reading this because I am a huge fan of yours! But since it's a review, I decided this to be like a fan letter but also point out about my thoughts as well, so here goes.......

This is basically like Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, only with a new name, a new set and a new timeslot, so it doesn't make a difference for me other than him taking over Jay Leno's
    seat, which I wished for a long time since Conan stepped down.

While I still wished for Conan to stay with NBC with him hosting The Tonight Show and Jimmy hosting Late Night, I am happy that one of my biggest inspirations is hosting the holy grail of late night television.

Sure, I watch other late night comedians as well especially Jimmy Kimmel, Conan O' Brien and Craig Ferguson. But Jimmy Fallon is the only late night comedian that made me to go his YouTube channel in the morning and watch clips on YouTube while drinking coffee.

I am also aware with some of the hate he is getting but I am sure Jimmy has brushed it off already, but I'd like to see him taking those unbiased criticisms into consideration as well. That's what a humble comedian is.

I am optimistic that Jay Leno won't steal his job (again) like he did with Conan so Jimmy, if you're reading this, you will go far in your career with this show.
  3. Feb 25, 2014
    To take a bit from LNJF, and TSJF....My thank you note addressed to AnnaP:

Dear AnnaP, Will you marry me? You fulfill me with such blatant and honest criticism of Fallon. I appreciate and value your opinion.
  4. Apr 28, 2014
    all the talent and interest of a slug trying to keep the grass from growing. Does this guy laugh at anything cause if he represents American humor I feel truly sorry for americans that they are so dull, must be all the drugs they take, I feel sorry for the guests I hope they paid them enough to go on this drivel.
  5. Mar 29, 2014
    Seen every episode of the Tonight Show so I am qualified to give my rating.

I am reading some of the comments...wow. This guy exhibits top quality everything guys. I just seen him throw down with Russel Crowe with a harmonica. I didn't even know he played!? On top of that the guy does his own skits which are funny as hell AND sings AND does perfect impressions of nearly anyone!

...and you rate him a zero?? You're not reviewers AnnaP, lopezdanm, or Gurolge ... you're just random viewers (and Trolls), and not even qualified to review someone. For instance when you say he has no talent that is just ignorant..and to give him a zero is just as ignorant.

As for quality of show, I give it a 10. It's a heck of a lot better than Conan, Leno, or Letterman...and if you want to compare the 4 of them, I can tell you this, the only one that 'danced' was Conan at the beginning of his show to his own theme song...and that's just one comparison.

@Jimmy:

-The whole set-up is great.
    -You actually interact with the audience throughout the show AND even shake their hands at the end
    -The mini-skits in the show with the band are great...even during the monolog.
    -The games are hilarious.
    -The sit-ins with the band members have got stand-out talent.
    -The inside jokes you throw back and forth with the band are too funny
    -Never seen a dull bit yet
    -Never seen a boring conversation yet
    -Everyone genuinely acts like they want to be there which tells me I am not wasting my time watching
    -Band never misses a beat even when they participate in games and skits
    -The fact that I know I can have the kids watch until midnight before anything bad is said or done is priceless by the way...which if you ever watched the Tonight Show you'd know it's following the same format just like Carson.

It's a great show and Jimmy Fallon is doing a perfect job hosting it so much so that he is like a natural modern mix of all the hosts.

As for everyone else in the nightly shows...well...as of right now...Jimmy Fallon has them beat.
  6. Mar 23, 2014
    Fallon is neither terrible or excellent. There are better hosts that could fill this spot in the absence of Leno, Conan would have been an easy choice as would Kimmel. Still, Fallon could come out on top if he hones his presence and the show embraces the newer side of comedy found on late night cable talk shows. I personally don't see this working out in the long run but I'm hoping to have my mind changed with time. Until then, I'll literally stick to YouTube to view select content from the show instead of investing a full hour regularly. Expand
  7. Apr 17, 2014
    Not sure how Fallon is getting hammered here on Metacritic for his show. Then again, Letterman did too back in the day. Fallon brought some his bits and lots of his off the cuff/unrehearsed humor along to this show which MADE his previous show good. Of course, the Roots are a great house band. I do have to say, he does cater to a younger audience than Leno seemed to be able to reach. So some bits and in particular the musical guests can be unknown to some but of great exposure to most. Expand
  8. Oct 12, 2014
    " Fallon is THE MAN "............................................................................................................................................................................................
  9. Mar 4, 2014
    I am not his hater, he actually seems like a nice and neutral guy and the positive reviews I have read about him so far focus on this fact but I do not see anything positive about Jimmy's hosting skills. His sketches are not funny, even if some of them start off in an entertaining manner Jimmy makes sure that he ruins it by staring directly at the camera and/or laughing while nobody else is doing. He is lost during his interviews and lacks the charisma to keep the interest of the audience. I get that he is not being a jerk to achieve humor like most of the other hosts and making people laugh is not the ultimate purpose of the show - but he laughs at himself more than his audience while he is trying to be funny - it is just sad. Expand
  10. Jun 24, 2014
    Fallon can be funny, sometimes. Those rare moments are outweighed by silly unfunny "games" with guests, cringe worthy and not funny little numbers (dad dance and the like), his terrible, just terrible "Ew!" character. He is always buttoned up and kinda stiff, even after many shows, and the worst part is how terrible an interviewer he is. Sometimes he just repeats what the guest just said, other times he talks more than the guest! Other guys do not have to do any stupid games and other antics to fill up their time slot.
    Another annoying thing - everybody is "just the coolest", "the best in the whole wide world", he is a "huge fan" of everybody...
    The feller has some talents, can sing, can play instruments, can dance, but those are not as important as being a good interviewer, who is naturally funny as a talk show host, not some kind of a circus act.
  11. Sep 11, 2014
    He visto algunos momentos del show en youtube y me parece divertido, algunos mas que otros pero cuando Fallon se mete en la piel de otro personaje está bastante gracioso. Un show para pasar un buen rato.
  12. Jul 11, 2014
    I really like Fallon for his talent, genius at SNL. Although I don´t think he´s a good Late Night Show Host but the good segments in the Show make it worth to watch. And with the Roots as band you got the best

1. Reviewed by: Kristi Turnquist
    Jun 24, 2014
    Even with its first-night caution issues, his inaugural Tonight Show makes me think that Fallon is the perfect choice to take over a TV institution, giving it both tender loving care and a much-needed shake-up.
  2. Reviewed by: Hank Stuever
    Feb 21, 2014
    Fallon complies, respectfully and skillfully, with The Tonight Show's apparently inviolable formats (the opening monologue of jokes; the fact that at least part of the show must be conducted from his desk) as a bridge to the more goofy and innovative sketch comedy he prefers. He keeps looking for ways to delight us, surprise us. It can so easily stray into irritation--and the yawning brought on by all the fawning--but you can’t really fault the guy for trying to send people to bed happy.
  3. Reviewed by: Todd VanDerWerff
    Feb 21, 2014
    Fallon fits into that dichotomy as a sort of older brother who’d really like to get everybody together just this once, because it would make mom and dad happy. There’s a way to make that work within the more stringent requirements of The Tonight Show, but Fallon hasn’t found it just yet.