The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon : Season 1

• Network: NBC
  • Series Premiere Date: Feb 17, 2014
6.4

1. Feb 18, 2014
    Jimmy Fallon! I hope you're reading this because I am a huge fan of yours! But since it's a review, I decided this to be like a fan letter but also point out about my thoughts as well, so here goes.......

This is basically like Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, only with a new name, a new set and a new timeslot, so it doesn't make a difference for me other than him taking over Jay Leno's seat, which I wished for a long time since Conan stepped down.

While I still wished for Conan to stay with NBC with him hosting The Tonight Show and Jimmy hosting Late Night, I am happy that one of my biggest inspirations is hosting the holy grail of late night television.

Sure, I watch other late night comedians as well especially Jimmy Kimmel, Conan O' Brien and Craig Ferguson. But Jimmy Fallon is the only late night comedian that made me to go his YouTube channel in the morning and watch clips on YouTube while drinking coffee.

I am also aware with some of the hate he is getting but I am sure Jimmy has brushed it off already, but I'd like to see him taking those unbiased criticisms into consideration as well. That's what a humble comedian is.

I am optimistic that Jay Leno won't steal his job (again) like he did with Conan so Jimmy, if you're reading this, you will go far in your career with this show.
  2. Mar 29, 2014
    Seen every episode of the Tonight Show so I am qualified to give my rating.

I am reading some of the comments...wow. This guy exhibits top quality everything guys. I just seen him throw down with Russel Crowe with a harmonica. I didn't even know he played!? On top of that the guy does his own skits which are funny as hell AND sings AND does perfect impressions of nearly anyone!
    Seen every episode of the Tonight Show so I am qualified to give my rating.

...and you rate him a zero?? You're not reviewers AnnaP, lopezdanm, or Gurolge ... you're just random viewers (and Trolls), and not even qualified to review someone. For instance when you say he has no talent that is just ignorant..and to give him a zero is just as ignorant.

As for quality of show, I give it a 10. It's a heck of a lot better than Conan, Leno, or Letterman...and if you want to compare the 4 of them, I can tell you this, the only one that 'danced' was Conan at the beginning of his show to his own theme song...and that's just one comparison.

@Jimmy:

-The whole set-up is great.
    -You actually interact with the audience throughout the show AND even shake their hands at the end
    -The mini-skits in the show with the band are great...even during the monolog.
    -The games are hilarious.
    -The sit-ins with the band members have got stand-out talent.
    -The inside jokes you throw back and forth with the band are too funny
    -Never seen a dull bit yet
    -Never seen a boring conversation yet
    -Everyone genuinely acts like they want to be there which tells me I am not wasting my time watching
    -Band never misses a beat even when they participate in games and skits
    -The fact that I know I can have the kids watch until midnight before anything bad is said or done is priceless by the way...which if you ever watched the Tonight Show you'd know it's following the same format just like Carson.

It's a great show and Jimmy Fallon is doing a perfect job hosting it so much so that he is like a natural modern mix of all the hosts.

As for everyone else in the nightly shows...well...as of right now...Jimmy Fallon has them beat.
  3. Apr 17, 2014
    Not sure how Fallon is getting hammered here on Metacritic for his show. Then again, Letterman did too back in the day. Fallon brought some his bits and lots of his off the cuff/unrehearsed humor along to this show which MADE his previous show good. Of course, the Roots are a great house band. I do have to say, he does cater to a younger audience than Leno seemed to be able to reach. SoNot sure how Fallon is getting hammered here on Metacritic for his show. Then again, Letterman did too back in the day. Fallon brought some his bits and lots of his off the cuff/unrehearsed humor along to this show which MADE his previous show good. Of course, the Roots are a great house band. I do have to say, he does cater to a younger audience than Leno seemed to be able to reach. So some bits and in particular the musical guests can be unknown to some but of great exposure to most. Expand
  4. Oct 12, 2014
    " Fallon is THE MAN "............................................................................................................................................................................................
  5. Sep 11, 2014
    He visto algunos momentos del show en youtube y me parece divertido, algunos mas que otros pero cuando Fallon se mete en la piel de otro personaje está bastante gracioso. Un show para pasar un buen rato.
  6. Jul 11, 2014
    I really like Fallon for his talent, genius at SNL. Although I don´t think he´s a good Late Night Show Host but the good segments in the Show make it worth to watch. And with the Roots as band you got the best
  7. Apr 5, 2015
    Jimmy Fallon's show is hilarious. When Jimmy Fallon laughs, you laugh. The Hashtags and Thank you Notes series with the emotional piano music in the background are funny, sooooo funny. It can't be denied his musical numbers are impressive for a non-musician.

1. Reviewed by: Kristi Turnquist
    Jun 24, 2014
    Even with its first-night caution issues, his inaugural Tonight Show makes me think that Fallon is the perfect choice to take over a TV institution, giving it both tender loving care and a much-needed shake-up.
  2. Reviewed by: Hank Stuever
    Feb 21, 2014
    Fallon complies, respectfully and skillfully, with The Tonight Show's apparently inviolable formats (the opening monologue of jokes; the fact that at least part of the show must be conducted from his desk) as a bridge to the more goofy and innovative sketch comedy he prefers. He keeps looking for ways to delight us, surprise us. It can so easily stray into irritation--and the yawning brought on by all the fawning--but you can’t really fault the guy for trying to send people to bed happy.
  3. Reviewed by: Todd VanDerWerff
    Feb 21, 2014
    Fallon fits into that dichotomy as a sort of older brother who’d really like to get everybody together just this once, because it would make mom and dad happy. There’s a way to make that work within the more stringent requirements of The Tonight Show, but Fallon hasn’t found it just yet.