• Network: NBC
  • Series Premiere Date: Jun 1, 2009
7.8

1. kristinb
    Jul 10, 2009
    I would give it a five because there are various parts of the show where it is just too goofy. it's like in those parts, they try way too hard to be funny. even though i think this show is too silly sometimes, for some reason, i still watch it every now and then to see what he will do next. :) i honestly don't know what to think of this program. sometimes it's funny; but I would give it a five because there are various parts of the show where it is just too goofy. it's like in those parts, they try way too hard to be funny. even though i think this show is too silly sometimes, for some reason, i still watch it every now and then to see what he will do next. :) i honestly don't know what to think of this program. sometimes it's funny; but most times, it's not. i keep watching it to see if he will tell funnier jokes or do funnier things without trying so hard, but that hasn't happened yet. i still have faith in him, however. he is still pretty new to the tonight show, but i still believe that he will do his best to do a job well done! Expand
  2. tonym
    Jul 10, 2009
    Very disappointing.I liked his prior show because of its informality.This new endeavor apprars forced.
  3. NadaNuff
    Jun 12, 2009
    Still needs work. Conan has a lot of fans, so I'm guessing he must be an acquired taste--I found him to be goofy and a tad uncomfortable with his new surroundings. Not to mention that physical humor is lost on me. I know it's unfair to compare him to Leno, but you can't help it. Leno was much better.
  4. GwennethS
    Jun 6, 2009
    O'Brien may have moved to La-La Land but he's still a preferred taste...like pickled pig's feet, or poached tripe...and I have no appetitie for either !! I did give him a chance...but he blew it. Still an un-funny dork, who tries too hard. Sure has big shoes to fill...and it isn't going to happen. Sorry Old Boy, but you are out of your league. Maybe he should take O'Brien may have moved to La-La Land but he's still a preferred taste...like pickled pig's feet, or poached tripe...and I have no appetitie for either !! I did give him a chance...but he blew it. Still an un-funny dork, who tries too hard. Sure has big shoes to fill...and it isn't going to happen. Sorry Old Boy, but you are out of your league. Maybe he should take lessons from David Letterman...Funny, comfortable in his skin, with inimitable class... All three always missing in Conan O'Brien from the start of his hosting career. But I will give him an E for effort. Expand
  5. TinyTim
    Jul 6, 2009
    Honesty, he's not terrible as some people on here would have you believe. When Leno started the same people who praise him now were almost certainly saying, "Not as good as Carson." Give him a chance and some time, and most importantly watch with an open mind.

Conan O'Brien's first Tonight Show was a good one--if you like canned video clips rather than topical humor. Otherwise, there wasn't much to get excited about.
    It was vintage Conan stuff, proof that his absurdist sense of humor won't change much on the West Coast. And yet last night also contained some grand nods to O'Brien's fancy new home.
    Admit it. Seeing O'Brien under direct sunlight in various bits was a jolt. But he looked giddily at home on the Tonight Show stage.