The Tonight Show with Jay Leno : Season 18

• Network: NBC
  • Series Premiere Date: May 25, 1992
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22
1.4

Overwhelming dislike- based on 93 Ratings

1. ErolA.r
    Mar 2, 2010
    It's good to see Jay back doing what he does best, hosting the Tonight Show. Jamie Fox was a little over the top, but the format was great and I just took Letterman off my DVR. Welcome back Jay.
  2. Paul
    Mar 3, 2010
    Leno is Leno. I know the critics and the Conan crybaby's love to hammer Leno on not being innovative, but listen to the audiences. Jay's audiences laugh harder during the monologues than any but Dave's (and maybe Craig's), and Dave only does as little of a monologue as he can get away with. Admit it: Conan bombed. A nice and very funny guy, but so many critics blew Leno is Leno. I know the critics and the Conan crybaby's love to hammer Leno on not being innovative, but listen to the audiences. Jay's audiences laugh harder during the monologues than any but Dave's (and maybe Craig's), and Dave only does as little of a monologue as he can get away with. Admit it: Conan bombed. A nice and very funny guy, but so many critics blew smoke up his butt that he forgot that he even couldn't consistently beat Killborn and Ferguson in his own time slot. I don't care about masturbating bears or smacking the Mets mascot with a baseball bat. When people didn't laugh at those the first time MANY years ago, he should have got the message. After a hard day, I don't want "cutting edge", I just want to hear some boobs with big egos get taken down a notch, and Jay delivers that. As to the interviews, Dave demonstrated a long time ago that it's just a bunch of people plugging things, they're not there to get the 3rd degree. It ain't Meet The Press. Expand
  3. AlexB.
    Mar 2, 2010
    Jay Leno has become a start among the stars. He has luxury, cars, and has made a fortune inviting the best stars in Hollywood to the Tonight Show with Jay Leno. Jay Leno has really put himself on a top of ratings on late night on NBC. Once he left late night, and Conan took over, the NBC ratings did go down, even I did not watch the Conan O'Brien show as much. Once his return, things Jay Leno has become a start among the stars. He has luxury, cars, and has made a fortune inviting the best stars in Hollywood to the Tonight Show with Jay Leno. Jay Leno has really put himself on a top of ratings on late night on NBC. Once he left late night, and Conan took over, the NBC ratings did go down, even I did not watch the Conan O'Brien show as much. Once his return, things turn over and the ratings seemed to go up. His last ten O'clock show had great ending. Inviting Michael Jordan and Donald Trump. Moreover, with Aston Kutcher and Kurt Warner made a it a fantastic ending for all audiences. Overall, Jay Leno has really stepped up is game in taking the Late Night with Jay Leno more than what a late night should be. I enjoy it every time I get to watch it because it has enjoyable guest, comedy, and the extras that he has on there. The Tonight Show with Jay Leno is, with not doubts about it one of the best late night shows on television. Expand
  4. Jonathan
    Mar 3, 2010
    It was truly dull and boring. It gets a 1 because I think i chuckled... once. I did not crack a smile ever, however, and am disappointed that this man is considered one of comedy's greats.
  5. RanelG.
    Mar 3, 2010
    He's still un-funny, stole Conan's job (worse of them all), and is a horrible interviewer. What the Jonas Brothers is to music, Leno is to late night television.
  6. DanM
    Mar 3, 2010
    Same old jay Lame-o jokes. No satire, no irony, just soooo tired. Do 'viewers' count in Jay's ratings if they are asleep while their t.v.is on? Someone should look into this.
  7. JohnR
    Mar 13, 2010
    Awesome!
  8. Sep 30, 2010
    Leno is a hack. Unfunny and unoriginal. Great show to watch before bed because he can put you to sleep. Who finds it entertaining to watch a celebrity drive around in a green car?
  9. TimH.
    Mar 2, 2010
    Dreadful show, just as bad as his 10 o'clock one was.
  10. TimT.
    Mar 2, 2010
    Boring, cliched old Leno. He definitely didn't meet expectations, I will be watching Conan when he comes back on the air.
  11. Aug 5, 2011
    Jay Leno is a genius. He can tell jokes with zero irony, intelligence or sarcasm. A true American legend. Why would people want to watch an old sarcastic man like Dave (and why would Dave be nominated for about 11 yrs in a row for the Emmys?? We don't care. We don't understand his sarcasm!! he should tell jokes that satisfy everyone or he should quit) or a young Harv grad like conan (iJay Leno is a genius. He can tell jokes with zero irony, intelligence or sarcasm. A true American legend. Why would people want to watch an old sarcastic man like Dave (and why would Dave be nominated for about 11 yrs in a row for the Emmys?? We don't care. We don't understand his sarcasm!! he should tell jokes that satisfy everyone or he should quit) or a young Harv grad like conan (i hate it when he does brilliant quirky physical comedy. Its too out of the box) or a Scottish bloke called craig (nope .... too intelligent and self deprecating for me. We want narcissism...... we want Mcdonald's happy meal not great Scottish wine.... we want beef jerky). We don't want cutting edge or irony. We want Michael Jackson jokes, which are stale and putrid. We want OJ Simpson jokes for life.. Jay is the MAAAN. Expand

Monday's opening monologue, supposedly Leno's strong suit, was tired, lame and unfunny. In other words, typical of the real Leno, rather than the Leno of public-relations imagination.
    In the end, Leno is talented in the most mediocre of ways, and this gives viewers great comfort....There was nothing new, but there was a very happy man on stage.
  3. Leno himself? Comfortable and comforting, enthusiastic but not too much so, apparently ready to just get back to the job of making middle-of-the-road laughs.