The Unusuals : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Apr 8, 2009
7.6

1. ShaunV
    Jan 11, 2010
    TO all the critics out there who were under a 60 rating, you all were upset because the show didn't match up to something else you had in mind, and didn't base your reviews on the merit of what the show was. This show is intelligent, fun and has some great lines every episode... if you want something that isn't the same old formula, with a great, quirky sense of humour, TO all the critics out there who were under a 60 rating, you all were upset because the show didn't match up to something else you had in mind, and didn't base your reviews on the merit of what the show was. This show is intelligent, fun and has some great lines every episode... if you want something that isn't the same old formula, with a great, quirky sense of humour, give the Unusuals a try. Expand
  2. Sarah
    May 13, 2009
    Great new show--lots of promise. Excellent cast, good writing, funny in a dry humor sort of way, unique take on cop shows. Look forward to watching it every week!
  3. GwennethSteward
    Jun 6, 2009
    I like to give all new shows a look see...I was hooked by The Unusuals from the first episode. Imaginative, humourous, entertaining with a dash of pathos...i.e., wearing a bullet proof vest to bed !! Not being awash in blood and human innards, was a relief in itself. Apart from Amber Tamblyn, whom I last saw chatting it up with God...the casting is superb. A big "thumbs up"...
  4. AlanG
    Jun 9, 2009
    I love the show. Great cast, interesting characters and fun and quirky story lines. What a shame it's been canceled.
  5. BrandeyY
    Apr 10, 2009
    I loved this show, I hope it does well, so we can see where all of the secrets take us.
  6. DustinM
    Apr 16, 2009
    I'm really enjoying it so far. The characters are great, and I like the humor. I hope it does well enough for at least a second season.
  7. JohnS
    Apr 21, 2009
    Original, charming, tender, funny, absorbing. I love it!
  8. EveVal
    Apr 23, 2009
    I really enjoy the show but credit the music, please! This is better than Life on Mars although I'll miss Harvey Keitel.
  9. DoyleS
    Apr 9, 2009
    Liked it! Intriguing, humorous, entertaining, thanks.
  10. BarbaraB
    May 12, 2009
    I really enjoy this show each episode has gotten better. Give it a chance.
  11. SelbyR
    May 1, 2009
    It is a work in progress, because like most shows, it has to unfold over the first few episodes, but overall I must say probably the best cop show I have watched since Bones. It has a different twist on things, I don't think the trailers were doing it any justice, so shame on that advertising team.
  12. FrankL
    May 13, 2009
    Best new show on TV this season!!
  13. gerardb
    May 18, 2009
    Recently discovered this good show. why was it not advertised more?
  14. MattMadrid
    May 20, 2009
    Most likeable and engaging characters of any cop show since NYPD Blue. Better than Southland.
  15. krista
    May 5, 2009
    I love this show! It has all the escapism that I crave. Who wants all that reality crap that is so prevalent right now. I swear if I see one more nanny, wife swap, or similar crap instead of some good ole make believe, I will just turn it off. We all want entertainment, not reality.
  16. KevinJ
    May 8, 2009
    It took some effort to get into this series, because it requires some time to develop the characters - which in turn makes it rewarding to make the effort to watch the first three episodes... Anyone with a glimmer of sense would have nade a 2 hour pilot to help the process because there will be those who watch episode one and don't bother watching anymore.
  17. JohnHayna
    Jun 5, 2009
    This is one of my favorite shows. The cast is great and likeable. Canceling this show would be a shame. Give it a chance.
  18. AllieA
    Dec 23, 2009
    My family and I loved this show!!! We're so disappointed that it was cancelled!!! We thought Amber Tamblyn was GREAT!! The show had just the right amount of humor and was edgy also. Even our kids (who are in their twenties) like it.
  19. kristig.
    Apr 10, 2009
    First enjoyable show on ABC since the cancelled all the other enjoyable shows like Pushing Daisies. Great cast. Really entertaining. I hope Amber Tamblyn finally gets a good run with this one.
  20. AileenM.
    Apr 10, 2009
    The Unusuals Pilot episode may have tried just a little too hard to convince veiwers that this show is actually worth watching, compared to ABC's previously cancelled shows. But The Unusuals cast and plot make me want to find out what will happen next week. I have always been a very big Jeremy Renner fan, which is one of the reasons I want to keep watching. But the very fact that The Unusuals Pilot episode may have tried just a little too hard to convince veiwers that this show is actually worth watching, compared to ABC's previously cancelled shows. But The Unusuals cast and plot make me want to find out what will happen next week. I have always been a very big Jeremy Renner fan, which is one of the reasons I want to keep watching. But the very fact that this dark-humored yet adventure -filled drama has the chance to actually please viewers and stay on the air, that is a turn around for ABC in itself. You will most likely find me sitting in front of the TV at 10 p.m. on Wednesday nights tuning into ABC from now on. Expand
  21. ClaudiaF.
    Apr 22, 2009
    I hope ABC doe not cancel the show. It has all the elements of becoming a HIT. Writers and producres should focus on the personality and quirkyness of the chareacters, there's tons of potential there. Forget the underline story of "secrets". Incodental music could also become more 'incidental'. Character relation between Walsh and Detective Allison Beaumont does not work I hope ABC doe not cancel the show. It has all the elements of becoming a HIT. Writers and producres should focus on the personality and quirkyness of the chareacters, there's tons of potential there. Forget the underline story of "secrets". Incodental music could also become more 'incidental'. Character relation between Walsh and Detective Allison Beaumont does not work either, we want to see some sex tension with Walsh and Shraeger. Overall, very good idea and exellent characters. Expand
  22. StuartM
    Apr 23, 2009
    Definitely worth a look. The cast- esp. Tamblyn, Goldberg, and Perrineau- deliver and engage the viewer. Hope ABC gives it a chance to grow on the audience.
  23. StephenR
    Apr 26, 2009
    First new show I have liked in years. Finally a cop show that doesn't beat the CSI/CIS theme to death. Great cast too.
  24. DuaneL
    Apr 9, 2009
    I thought this show was brilliant. I was hooked the first few minutes. Since the promo commercials began airing, it looked like a show I would enjoy. It has a group of cops all with their different quirks and secrets. Although its hard not to laugh at the humor, you have this intense underlying story about a house full of potentialy corrupt cops.
  25. JodyB
    Apr 9, 2009
    Really enjoyed ALL the characters. This ones a keeper!!!!!
  26. RazzleC
    May 7, 2009
    This week i watched the entire 1st season on line during my lunchbreak.....I am so so so looking forward to seeing the next season. I fell in love with each of the charachters at 1st watch...i'm actually considering a second viewing for next weeks lunch.
  27. MichaelAustin
    Jun 4, 2009
    I am very sorry this show has been canceled already.
  28. randyd
    Apr 22, 2009
    Any show with Adam Goldberg deserves a look and he does not disappoint.
  29. michelscully
    Apr 29, 2009
    Love the pace, tone and cast. Great show.
  30. KyleW
    May 12, 2009
    This show is great!! Please someone post a soundtrack listing!!
  31. DavidK
    May 14, 2009
    This is the new NYPD Blue. I didn't realize how much I missed Blue until I began watching this. Great characters, just quirky enough with being cloying. Nice pacing, smart writing.
  32. Callum
    May 19, 2009
    So much potential, unique mix of comedy and drama that provides a fun show. Great cast with great acting and a massive range of charcters. BAD NEWS THOUGH: It's been cancelled!
  33. debis
    May 19, 2009
    Unassuming, wry, and bloody funny! More, more, more. Please.
  34. MRichard
    May 31, 2009
    One of the best shows on commercial television in years.
  35. TaunyaB
    Aug 16, 2009
    I was hooked from the first episode. Quirky, twisty, funny, sometimes thought provoking, but mostly entertaining. When they canceled it before even half way through the season, i felt seriously robbed !! My husband didn't like it at all. Go figure.
  36. ReneeB.
    Aug 24, 2009
    Disappointed that this show was canceled.
  37. briano
    Dec 15, 2009
    I can not believe they cancelled this. No wonder I don't watch ABC anymore!
  38. BillyM
    Dec 15, 2009
    ABC what are you thinking? there are other shows that reallly suck, and this was a good one! you're losing me

1. The oddball overload bugs at first, but the incredibly likable cast makes The Unusuals unusually promising.
  2. That's a lot of eccentricity, but creator/writer Noah Hawley meshes humor and pathos with deft plotting and dialogue.
    Look a little closer, though, and what you'll find is a truly strange cop dramedy with lots of sharp dialogue, jocular banter and offbeat scenarios.