• Network: The CW
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 10, 2009
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5
8.3

1. Nov 18, 2010
    This season of TBV is much better than True Blood. Kevin Williamson and Julie Plec are doing a great plot. Every episode are having some of the best twist and cliffhangers that i ever seen... i hope we got more seasons...
  2. nbc
    Feb 23, 2011
    The second season is amazing. Nina Dobrev does an excellent job of portraying both Elena and Katherine. And by the way, Katherine is the best part of this whole season. She's so unbelievably bad that you just love it. If you do start to watch, I suggest you watch from the beginning. There is a lot of mythology that you have to keep track of. Anyway, can't wait for every Thursday night!
  3. Sep 13, 2010
    So unbelievably sick of highschool vampires. This plot clone is missing werewolves (at least the premiere did) and everyone kept asking the one girl what she was doing there in their small town and she kept giving obscure answers which was at least funny becuase no one cares what she is doing there.
  4. Sep 10, 2010
    What an episode!!! It is so crazy.
    I was really impress by Nina Dobrev because she plays two parts at the same time and it is not confusing at all. I was really happy that Damon keeps his sarcastic humor because I think it is an essential part of the show. In fact in this season premiere we find the characters as we have left them at the season premiere but in someways it is better like if
    the show had found a certain maturity.
    Introducing Katherine was amazing and it leaves us with great expectations for the second season. And the end of the episode OMG! (I won't tell more in case you haven't watch it yet!) I CAN'T WAIT FOR NEXT EPISODE!!!
    By the way, what do you think is the Lockwood's secret??? Do you think that they are some kinds of creatures or there is a kind of malediction on their family???
  5. Dec 24, 2010
    People need to shut up about the fact that this is a vampire show. Yes it is, and it is amazingly entertaining. The reason that this got a 50 in its first season and a 76 in its second is not simply because not enough critics reviewed it but because it got so much better after 5 episodes into the first season. EASILY better than True Blood because it STAYS ON TOPIC and has likable MAIN characters and doesn't rely on subordinate characters. One of the best shows on TV. Expand
  6. Sep 18, 2010
    Entering its second season, this supernatural teenage drama barrels along with its proven formula of impossible-maintenance hairstyles and hollow super-symmetrical actors. Would we give a damn about these misfits if they weren't caricatures of human perfection? My biggest complaint is that the genre itself is suffering from severe "vampflation" -- if everyone is a supernatural, then regular humans are 3rd class citizens in the entertainment world. What could MacGyver achieve with a wooden stake, some silver wire and a bottle of holy water? Expand
  7. Sep 10, 2010
    this was an amazinh episode. ian somerhalder(damon) is my favorite actor, but everyone else is amazing as well. i hope they can keep the show, i heard they were thinking of cancelling it? cw better not cancel it! its my favorite show! my whole family watches it together its so addicting. oh and nina did a great job of playing two parts!
  8. Nov 15, 2010
    This is a stupid show about a stupid fad. Vampires... I think people should litteraly stab themselves in the face with a fork than watch this show... Awful, awful show with awful awful casting
  9. Apr 16, 2011
    This season is amazing! Nina Dobrev is scary good at portraying both Elena and her evil twin vampire Katherine. There are so many twists and turns and every Thursday leaves you with a cliffhanger. This show just gets better and better with each episode. I look forward to every Thursday night!!
  10. Apr 25, 2011
    One episode is better than any Twilight Saga lover's lame book and NOT oversexed like HBO's True Blood. The actors have come a long way in this series, and they will make you really interested in their characters! This season is coming to a close, and it was so much better than the first one! Loved it! Beautiful cast and great storyline.
  11. May 6, 2011
    I absolutely love the Vampire Diaries, the first season was good, but this season the production team honestly out did themselves!!! I can't get enough... It's just such a good escape, yes some people may think the whole vampire thing is annoying and just a passing phase but I enjoy this program and would recommend it to anyone, who after a long hard day at college, work or whatever enjoys escaping into a bit of harmless fantasy... The romanticism of it all just captivates me. In my opinion there is nothing wrong with escaping into a fantasy world for an hour!!!!!! Really sad it's only got one episode left! I really hope they renew it again!!!!!! Collapse
  12. Aug 28, 2012
    please dont stop vampire diaries keep it airing its one of the best shows on tv ..the older brother is my favorite charecter he dont take **** from any body even if your older and stronger ....
  13. Jan 29, 2013
    A great and entertaining show. Love it. Has definitely gotten better since season 1. Funny, but poignant. Damon Salvatore is by far the best character on this show, but the others are great, too. Character development makes Twilight look like absolute garbage (which it is). Line of good/evil is far less defined than in season one.
  14. Sep 13, 2010
    Heartbreaking and emotional premiere. Storytelling was better than ever. Great shockers and new answers to old questions. Looking forward for a brilliant second season!
  15. Oct 14, 2010
    This series is driving me crazy some features are still pending but hopefully it will go on .

but the latest episode was boring al little bit i was expecting something with higher quiality and more attraction however they are still doing fine and we have a lot to watch an bite :)
  16. Nov 1, 2010
    It's a little to 'goodies' and 'badies' and the whole vampire goes for high school girl seems a little tragic, if not downright creepy. There's little subtle nuance but it's watcheable.
  17. Jul 17, 2011
    This season of TVD was really interested. It was one of the best shows of the year. Every episode the show got better. TVd really improved big time. Every episode will have you wanted more. I seen all episode and i could say i enjoyed every episode. It started off more fast pace then TVD SE1 and better acting. The acting and character improved. I really like the test that this season had. TVD se3 i am so looking forward to that season. If you haven't watch TVD yet you should. Season one was okay but this season was okay. You could start off from this season and pick up everything you need to know. Expand
  18. Dec 3, 2010
    I love this TV show. it's full of action, drama, romance etc.
    i bought the first season on dvd recently, and i love it!
    i can't wait for season two! unfortunately it is not on the dutch tv yet.
    my English is not so good, but i hope that you all understand me.
    every Friday i watch TVD season 2 online, and after i watched it, i'm totally blown away.
    every episode something exiting happens
  19. Mar 8, 2011
    Its one of the worst vampire show ever! The plot is stolen from other successful show and adapted. The actors are bad. The storyline and dialogues are poor.
  20. Apr 23, 2011
    Amazing plot and full of suspense, especially Season 2..love how each cast play their roles especially Elena...but we need to see more of the werewolves part ..anyways can't wait for coming episodes
  21. Jun 12, 2011
    The second season is a big step up with the stories written brilliantly and lasting over the best number of episodes to leave people on the edge of their seats. The characters are developed really well and the best thing is they had the bravery to kill off one of their main characters at the end of the season which is something I thought they wouldn't do. Roll on season 3.
  22. Sep 27, 2011
    The series actually open with interesting plot by adding in mysteries and new characters along the episode, i was initially not fond of this sort of vampire story but got attracted by its rich characters background and mystery which the show smartly reviewing the plot one at a time.

The show reach certain height when werewolves and warlocks are adding in, but somehow i have the feeling
    that the show may slowing losing its initial charm when the super-characters are adding up until it ruin the balance of power, just like the case of supernatural...where i feel that these supernatural beings totally letting loose uncontrollable with their power and the normal humans are render as worthless maggots:(

I would prefer the show can put in some balance to contain the power of darkness by putting in Hunter and maybe wizards which can make a balance in power that maintain the existence of mere mortal all these years.. and i hope the show will deal more on the enriched personality that will make the general audience longing to them.
  23. Jan 21, 2012
    The Vampire Diaries is the best vampire/werewolf/witch show out there. The cast is great, the storyline is very good, the setting also. The story of original vampires is quite good. The hybrid story needs to be explored more!
  24. Aug 9, 2013
    WAS THE BETAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA SEASON IN THE HISTORY OF TV, OMFG, I CAN'T EVEN BREATH BECAUSE WAS SO SHOCKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! better than other tv shows that wins some Grammy's just because have the 'big name of channel'.
  25. Oct 10, 2013
    Season two of The Vampire Diaries is amazing, it starts where season one left off. The whole cast is amazing specially Nina Dovrev and Ian Somenhalder. Nina plays two roles this time around, Elena and Katherine. The reason why i like Damon better than Stephen is because Damon is sarcastic and Stephen is always to serious. Damon starts falling in love with Elena in this season. Bonnie starts practising witchcraft, and Katherine makes Klaus follow her into Mystic Falls. This is an amazing second season. Expand
  26. Oct 8, 2013
    I've said this before and I'll say it again, It's one of the best supernatural shows on tv right now. Although I wouldn't dare compare it to the likes of Glee or Desperate Housewives. The Vampire Diaries is still Awesome!
  27. Oct 9, 2013
    Full of cliff-hangers and doppelgangers. It's fun, watch it. Season two is amazing and is a lot better than the first (which is also great). Plot and character arcs are well written.

1. The triangle--quadrangle?--becomes more twisted by episode's end. It leads to shocking violence against outsiders that deepens the tragedy and the mythology at the core of the show. "Game on" just might be the two most chilling words uttered this season.
  2. Reviewed by: Verne Gay
    Good start with a pair of shockers. Beware.
  3. The Vampire Diaries is no "Buffy the Vampire Slayer"--it doesn't have that series' depth--but it's plotted well enough to mix supernatural action with the occasional game of Kiss Me or Kill Me and some surprising cliffhangers, too.