• Network: The CW
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 10, 2009
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6
8.3

1. Oct 10, 2013
    The Vampire Diaries Season Three is probably my favorite season of the show. This season introduces the original family Nicklaus, Elijah, Rebekka, and their two other brothers. The plots and writing/script get even better. Thiers even more drama than before. Tyler turns into a Werewolf, Nicklaus kills his father. Elijah and Nicklaus are amazing characters to have on the show. StephenThe Vampire Diaries Season Three is probably my favorite season of the show. This season introduces the original family Nicklaus, Elijah, Rebekka, and their two other brothers. The plots and writing/script get even better. Thiers even more drama than before. Tyler turns into a Werewolf, Nicklaus kills his father. Elijah and Nicklaus are amazing characters to have on the show. Stephen drinks human blood again and becomes evil. Damon and Elena grow closer together. Season Three of the show is the best yet and makes the show really stand out as one of the best TV Shows of all time. Expand
  2. Oct 9, 2013
    The introduction of the original vampires is an interesting plot to have introduced. It paid off, the whole season worked well and was full of exciting twists and turns.
  3. Oct 8, 2013
    TVD doesn't fail me again. I saw it's potential from season 1. Damon finally found a balance between good and evil. I love Evil-Stefan and Evilaric. Elena dying made it a movie with no fairytail. Perfect!
  4. Jan 29, 2013
    Adding the 'Originals' was brilliant. I love this show and all of the new characters that keep being introduced. The plot twists are unexpected, and the script is funny. You feel for the evil characters and the men are very attractive. TVD is entertaining, but has some deep moments. Ian Somerhalder definitely deserves some awards.
  5. Sep 19, 2012
    This season you see a side of Stephan i would of loved to see leave a lot quicker. That and the new brutal vampire original Nicklaus and his vampire family. This show still follows suspense and surprises or on every corner. I True love this series.
  6. May 10, 2012
    The show seemed good at first until i actually got the chance to see it. over all vampire diaries seems very superficial. writers are pretty much struggling to keep things interesting that's why they keep introducing new characters. not the best i have seen but still overall better then all the other vampire stories out there.
  7. Apr 4, 2012
    Season 3 started off good then got worse and since episode 16 it's getting back on track. Characters are getting more interesting, the pacing is back on track and the acting seems to be getting a lot better. I still think Williamson is a better showrunner than Plec.
  8. Mar 24, 2012
    I am really LOVING this show! So far I have watched all the seasons and they are ALL very entertaining and it is FULL with action! I really hope they put on another season!
  9. Feb 21, 2012
    The writers definitely keep this show interesting by introducing new characters with well-developed side stories. The strength of this series really lies in the supporting cast. If they had continued to focus solely on the Elena/Stefan Damon triangle, it would have gotten very boring, but introducing the Originals was a stroke of genius, and keeping other strong characters around likeThe writers definitely keep this show interesting by introducing new characters with well-developed side stories. The strength of this series really lies in the supporting cast. If they had continued to focus solely on the Elena/Stefan Damon triangle, it would have gotten very boring, but introducing the Originals was a stroke of genius, and keeping other strong characters around like Tyler, Bonnie, Caroline and Alaric, definitely contributes to the success of the show. Unfortunately, in a series that's so good at character development, they fail miserably with every single minority that they cast. I'm actually a lot less bothered by shows that have no diversity than shows like Vampire Diaries that consistently introduce minority characters for the sole purpose of killing them off or "serving" other characters (e.g. Bonnie). I don't often harp on these things, but it's so striking in the Vampire Diaries, that it's a bit of a turnoff. Expand
  10. Oct 20, 2011
    I am a huge fan of this show and this season is the best .i just love where the story is going . its one of the very few shows that have the coolest was to show how things done . after 5 episode i cant wait to see what happens in the end .
  11. Oct 11, 2011
    Brilliant writing, brilliant plot, brilliant, convincing characters. The show had a good foundation in season one, and rewarded all those people who didn't immediately dismiss it as "teenage vampire angst romance fiction crap". The show is much more. It's not something that deals with deep complex issues in life, but critics of this show need to relax and give it a break. Television canBrilliant writing, brilliant plot, brilliant, convincing characters. The show had a good foundation in season one, and rewarded all those people who didn't immediately dismiss it as "teenage vampire angst romance fiction crap". The show is much more. It's not something that deals with deep complex issues in life, but critics of this show need to relax and give it a break. Television can sometimes be about just kicking back and being taken on a ride, and this show does that marvelously. Not everything needs to be "Sophie's Choice" to be good. Lots of jaw dropping moments and adrenaline pumping goodness, anyone who watches it is in for a ride. Expand
  12. Sep 23, 2011
    This season seems really good. Last season was really good and I think this season is going to better than last season. I can tell that this season is going have more action and killing in it. I will review this show again at the end of the season. But from the first ep it seem like it is going be the show to watch this fall

There are no critic reviews yet.