• Network: The CW
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 10, 2009
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5
7.6

1. Oct 21, 2011
    This show is fun to watch, you just have to make sure that you turn the volume down. Things like plot, acting, writing, etc. seem to just get in the way.
  2. Sep 1, 2013
    I watched 3 episodes of it and got sick of it real quickly. The cast was fine, No complaints about them, I actually rather liked the guy who plays Damon. What killed the show was that it was exactly like Twilight, It was almost like watching a TV series based off of it. It absolutely killed it for me. Not to mention the writing was just god awful, 3 episodes in and nothing has happened, It was too uneventful in my opinion.

Overall, Wouldn't recommend it.
  3. Nov 26, 2012
    The actress makes me sick, she is the most important and the most fake, in my opinion gets boring becouse of her, the other girls are nice but she.. ohhh gooosh, kill me pleeeease
  4. Aug 22, 2010
    My girlfriend watches it. And her friends watch it too. She also has the books. They discuss it. My girlfriend doesn't like to watch horror movies like The Ring, The Exorcist, 300 Days of Night etc because they are too scary. But she likes Sex in the City, Lipstick Jungle, Gossip Girl etc. 'Nuff said.
  5. Jul 15, 2013
    A vampire show for "girls" who want to have a fantasy threesome with the two model guys playing the "vampires". Vampires have never been this crappy before. I can not write much about the qualities of this soap-opera, because it has no qualities worth talking about. Badly written, badly acted, yet season 4 is being made. Good shows die every year, but this thing gets renewed. Well people nowadays have incredibly low standards! This show somehow managed to make vampires look like a joke! Expand
  6. May 27, 2013
    never hated a show like I do this one. The only reason why it doesn't get a zero is because the storyline is good. The show is annoying because the acting is so bad but with a good storyline such that I keep on watching it just to see where the story goes. However, the more I watch the more annoyed I get, but I can't stop myself. This show is stupid, to put in simpler words.
  7. Oct 5, 2013
    Why does everyone's face have a shadow? so annoying. turn on some spot lights in the studios! The main character has no talent...once her "looks" go...gd luck in another career! cancel this garbage already!
  8. Jan 24, 2014
    I really liked the show, but now i am starting to get bored by it. It's so annoying to see characters almost die and then come back again for the 1000th time. And i don't really get why they don't respect the plot from the book, which is much more interesting than this dying and coming back thing.
  9. Dec 30, 2013
    I think that L.J Smith's books are so much better than the TV Show. The characters from the books like Stefan or Damon are much more intringing, mysterious and charismatic than the TV Show ones. I will never like the TV Show as much as the books. I love Damon from the books, he has much more sex appeal and mystery than Ian Somerhalder's overacted Damon, and he doesn't kill so much people!
  10. Jan 11, 2014
    The Vampire Diaries isn't awful, but it isn't good either. The flashbacks are one of the redeeming qualities in this show. There are many far better vampire shows (Buffy).

1. Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    Diaries promises us a season of sharp-tongued amusement.
  2. You will want all the extras who played vamps on "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" (which was great, by the way, and not to be blamed for this lackluster cousin) to return en masse to eat the cast of "Vampire Diaries," plus any remaining scripts.
    Pretty, sensible teenage vampires who talk like depressed extras on "Hannah Montana"? Why, Diary? Why?