- Network: NBC
- Series Premiere Date: Apr 26, 2011
- Summary: Shakira and Usher join as new coaches (Christina Aguilera and Cee Lo Green sit out this cycle) for the fourth season of the singing competition.
- Genre(s): Reality, Game Show, Music
- Season 4 premiere date: Mar 25, 2013
- Episode Length: 120
- Air Time: 08:00 PM
- More Details and Credits »
People watch The Voice for the coaches, not the contestants--and at a time when everyone's fighting on American Idol, with Nicki Minaj playing the angriest Oompa Loompa on TV, it's nice to see judges having fun.
May 13, 2013Reality singing competitions are only good when you have savvy judges with a sense of purpose about their roles. This show brings that. SomeReality singing competitions are only good when you have savvy judges with a sense of purpose about their roles. This show brings that. Some of the guest medleys are over produced, but the solos by the contestants are nicely arranged and focus on the raw talent of the vocalists. I don't always agree with the judge's opinions or critiques, but they often disagree amongst themselves too. I think that Usher has the best musical insight of all the judges, and I find the rehearsal sessions he conducts to be a consistent highlight of the show. The i-tunes "real-time" voting dynamic extends the suspense. It's fun to check on which songs/singers are selling best. Feels very interactive and relevant.… Expand