• Network: AMC
  • Series Premiere Date: Oct 31, 2010
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5
7.5

1. Nov 28, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Episode after episode of entertainment. those who say nothing happens in this season.. well A LOT does. Sophias death, shanes revelation, character after character of deaths, and the finale being brilliant too. Season 2 had a few episodes that almost reached the height of the premiere of the series. sadly, they aren't as good. however, I can say the finale was **** amazing, and at least in this series there is a lot of character development. Expand
  2. Jun 27, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Season 2 of Walking Dead Takes what was great in the previous and expands of everything making this the best show around. The walking dead legit, zombies is as common as zombies these days. But the story told is so well done! and the bigger budget really gives this series a whole know level of ideas and effects. Great acting! awesome zombies, and coll script. Will continuously leave you wanting more. Expand
  3. Jun 24, 2014
    The best season of The Walking Dead to date. Yes the first half does have a lot of filler but the payoff is so great that I didn't even care. The second half of the season is just non-stop fantastic television.
  4. Jun 24, 2014
    Really boring and slow in the beginning, but the show gets way better in the second half. This season alos has the best finale to date as it was crazy.
  5. Jan 2, 2014
    This is undoubtedly the most riveting season of The Walking Dead yet. One part of the plot done impeccably well is Shane's oncoming mania. It proves that an apocalyptic wasteland can truly change the morals of those involved. Another interesting example of moral changes is Carl Grimes' transformation from the innocent son that missed his father to a doubtful, atheistic foul-mouth. ExtremeThis is undoubtedly the most riveting season of The Walking Dead yet. One part of the plot done impeccably well is Shane's oncoming mania. It proves that an apocalyptic wasteland can truly change the morals of those involved. Another interesting example of moral changes is Carl Grimes' transformation from the innocent son that missed his father to a doubtful, atheistic foul-mouth. Extreme character development on this season's part. It is more fast-moving than the first season and refrains from Rick's family reunion and thusly makes room for other characters. It is interesting to see how the consciences of the characters have dissipated and that makes it remarkable. Expand
  6. Nov 21, 2013
    Even more zombies, gore and violence. TWD is back, bros. There are better scares this time though, and less action, but nonetheless it's an epic season with a little bit of dialogue issues but still great. Andrew Lincoln was awesome and Lori was just getting better. TWD is a sexy lookup of the zombie infections and coarse violence.
  7. Nov 5, 2013
    This season is better than the first in my personal opinion. More emotional and awesome. And it takes time to get you into the characters and makes it harder to stop watching.
  8. Oct 1, 2013
    The Walking Dead Season 2 beings exactly after the ending of Season 1 as the survivors are trying to find their way to a safe haven from the Zombies. The storyline takes them to a farm where they eventually meet new evils and dangers among new allies. The second season is more emotional than the first and is possibly the best character development out of all the seasons as far as Season 3The Walking Dead Season 2 beings exactly after the ending of Season 1 as the survivors are trying to find their way to a safe haven from the Zombies. The storyline takes them to a farm where they eventually meet new evils and dangers among new allies. The second season is more emotional than the first and is possibly the best character development out of all the seasons as far as Season 3 (this review is made afterwards). Majority of the characters who had little to no interaction from the first season has now a bigger part or role in this season which in the end brings them forth a incredible climax at the end. Expand
  9. Sep 24, 2013
    Amazing show! It has everything a zombie apocalypse show should have! The acting is outstanding and has an amazing storyline. It has you on edge always worried about each character and what is about to happen to the group next. Some episodes have even made me cry! Amazing! I'm going to write this for all 3 season because they all truly are brilliant! No complaints!
  10. Apr 17, 2013
    I was suprised to see this season was the lowest rated season out of the 3. To me, season 2 had it all. My favorite season of ANY television program ever, incredible from start to finish!
  11. Mar 26, 2013
    um pouco melhor que a primeira temporada, não que a primeira fosse ruim, mas o que faz com que eu aumente a nota da temporada dois o numero de episódios que me fizeram querer mais de TWD.
  12. Mar 24, 2013
    “The Walking Dead” Season 2 has finally been viewed by me and so far it’s the best season (slim picking though). This season retains the same themes and messages of the series. The questioning of life or death, humanity, and all those deep, thought provoking things that we’ve loved about the show.

The season itself is very isolated and mostly takes place in one location. Zombie attacks, deaths, and decapitations for the most part are toned down and the season is slower paced than the first. However, what it lacks in action is more than made up in certain episodes, mostly the last couple.

One thing in particular this season does so well is character development. Action is lacking and a lot of the tension comes from he characters and their motivation. We see characters grow and change and how their certain situation is taking away their humanity. Certain characters become likable and earn a soft spot in our hearts.

Overall season 2 is great. The sheer amount of character development more than makes up for the over longing story arches and minimal zombie attacks. However, key episodes particularly the last few are intense and filled with action and gore. I give it 4.5/5
  13. Nov 29, 2012
    One of the best seasons of one of the best shows of all time. I am not a zombie person - little to no interest in most zombie-themed things. But, like all truly great shows, The Walking Dead uses a somewhat outlandish plot to tell a story that is about so much more. It literally felt like my heart was being ripped out of my chest - and I loved every moment of it. I literally can'tOne of the best seasons of one of the best shows of all time. I am not a zombie person - little to no interest in most zombie-themed things. But, like all truly great shows, The Walking Dead uses a somewhat outlandish plot to tell a story that is about so much more. It literally felt like my heart was being ripped out of my chest - and I loved every moment of it. I literally can't think of any piece of entertainment that has touched me as much as this - in large part due to the amazing storytellers and phenomenal actors in ever part of this ensemble cast. The themes of each season are so strong, and the plot is so literary - characters behave as real people, people that you know in your own life. I have had long conversations about The Walking Dead with everyone I meet who watches it - like all great works of art, I want to discuss it and share it with as many people as possible. Seeing anyone hating on this show makes me lose all hope for humanity when it comes to finding good entertainment. This show is the best. Expand
  14. Oct 28, 2012
    The Walking Dead is back and better than ever. Rick and the group encounter Herchel Greene, a farmer and father. They begin to build a stable life with Herchel but everyone has their nasty little secrets, after Herschels secret is out all hell breaks lose causing tension between both groups and resurfacing Rick and Shane's little problem with Lori. TWD Season 2 is a must watch for any TV fanatics.
  15. Oct 27, 2012
    The second season was great too! I might not have given it a 10 if I had wrote this before the mid-season finale but from that point on to the season finale it let loose with the fury of a bull in a red room. The season finale was mostly awesome with the exception of Lori getting mad at Rick and pulling away when he told her he killed Shane. She practically told him too a few episodesThe second season was great too! I might not have given it a 10 if I had wrote this before the mid-season finale but from that point on to the season finale it let loose with the fury of a bull in a red room. The season finale was mostly awesome with the exception of Lori getting mad at Rick and pulling away when he told her he killed Shane. She practically told him too a few episodes back. That final shot of the prison was spine chilling! Hopefully Season 3 lives up to the hype. Expand
  16. Oct 22, 2012
    Anyone marking this down because it's slow is missing the point and in danger of sounding like an idiot. There are enough fast paced zombie DVDs to fill several skips. Whilst it may be that budgets were tight this season so the action was pretty much limited to one location, it actually serves the story extremely well. There's time to really let the characters soak in, their fear,Anyone marking this down because it's slow is missing the point and in danger of sounding like an idiot. There are enough fast paced zombie DVDs to fill several skips. Whilst it may be that budgets were tight this season so the action was pretty much limited to one location, it actually serves the story extremely well. There's time to really let the characters soak in, their fear, paranoia, and the dehumanising effect of their situation. Some of the acting is not brilliant (but certainly not bad), but the writing really lifts it. A good example of a series exploiting the benefits of telling a story on TV - taking time! Expand
  17. Aug 1, 2012
    The beginning of the season was a little slow, however it was needed material to lay the base and character structure for the action-packed final three episodes, and to the reveal of the new prison location. Overall great show!
  18. Jul 29, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Season 2 had it's ups and its down from beginning to the end. With the Death of Sofia and of Shane and some of Hershel's close family. The story seemed slow for some but what the writers seemed to of wanted to do for the viewers was to go farther in depth and show everyone what they were deep down inside. The biggest twist I thought came in the episode "Pretty Much Dead Already" when the group found out there were walkers in Hershel's barn. The Episode "Nebraska" also showed that there were more survivors than just Rick's group and the really posed a thread especially after Rick brought back one of the men from the group who fired upon him to the Farm. The biggest loss besides the death of Sofia would had to of been the death Shane my favorite character I felt like he posed a threat to Rick & the group yet that he had what it took to support the group and to lead them to safety for which he did already for Rick's son Carl and Rick's Wife Lori. Some other crazy things that happened were Carl was shot and Shane sacrificed Otis to keep himself alive and to get the supplies to Carl so Hershel could preform surgery on him and try and save his life. Season 3 to me seems like it is going to be twice as better than the first two seasons. Expand
  19. Jul 19, 2012
    I delayed watching the second season due to so many negative comments from friends and also other reviewers on the web. I realize now what a mistake it's been. What are people on? The second season was great. I think they really did a good job portraying what the human mind could have gone through in a zombified world while keeping the action flowing.

watch and judge for yourself, i'm

watch and judge for yourself, i'm sure you wont be disappointed (unless you jump on the hate bandwagon)
  20. Jul 18, 2012
    I think this season has been unfairly criticized. The first half was perhaps a little slow at times and overall the season could have been done in 10 episodes as opposed to 13, but the last 4 episodes were on par with the series premier (which is one of the best series premiers I have ever seen) and even the slower/less eventful episodes were well done in their own right even if theyI think this season has been unfairly criticized. The first half was perhaps a little slow at times and overall the season could have been done in 10 episodes as opposed to 13, but the last 4 episodes were on par with the series premier (which is one of the best series premiers I have ever seen) and even the slower/less eventful episodes were well done in their own right even if they didn't offer many significant plot developments. The cinematography for the series is always top notch and the farm setting really went well with the zombie theme giving the season a Romero/Night of the Living Dead feel. I think the actors all do fantastic jobs as well. Andrew Lincoln is one of the most versatile actors today, and Jon Bernthal's portrayal of Shane's progression throughout this season was amazing to watch. Expand
  21. Jul 11, 2012
    The best fiction show in years. When my friends talked about it, I thought it was going to be some lame zombie show. But after they convinced me to watch it, I realized i was way wrong. The show is so awesome, I can hardly describe it. This is one of the best shows on TV, almost as good as Fear Factor, almost as good as America's Got Talent, almost as good as Frozen Planet. I might evenThe best fiction show in years. When my friends talked about it, I thought it was going to be some lame zombie show. But after they convinced me to watch it, I realized i was way wrong. The show is so awesome, I can hardly describe it. This is one of the best shows on TV, almost as good as Fear Factor, almost as good as America's Got Talent, almost as good as Frozen Planet. I might even start to read the comics. Can't wait for season 3. Expand
  22. Apr 1, 2012
    The Walking Dead: Season 2 has much more suspense, more blood, gore, thrills and chills. The Season Finale is the most shocking episode of this season.
  23. Mar 28, 2012
    It started off slow this season but it quickly rebounded and now I can not wait for the next season to start. A must watch show that finally gives zombies from justice.
  24. Mar 26, 2012
    Season 2 was really good, but not as intense as a season 1. Still great. Story real good, and so is the acting. Some score but still good. Ended very well lead to season 3. Can't wait. I would give it a 9.5 out of 10. Single number I would give it a 10 out of 10.
  25. Mar 24, 2012
    This show moved very slowly in the first half and even thought this show has a few inconsistencies that are picked at, which usually happens with all the popular shows. Every show has them. Yes, even Breaking Bad but overall this series is entertaining and keeps people coming back and talking about it.
  26. Mar 19, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I would like to start by saying i am an avid reader of the comics, with that said i am in love with this show, and so excited for the return in October. For me as one who has read the comics, i thought that the events were going to play out like they did in the comics, despite knowing that they were already doing things differently. Some of the bigger events were still around like: carl getting shot and the barn full of walkers. but the other additions, i thought were excellent and i never really thought that the show had an episode that lacked this season, neither last season. but a show of this caliber that keeps writing consistent and doesnt have to rely on action sequences to keep entertaining, is a really nice change of pace and is the reason why i watch AMC and other stations like showtime and HBO. Expand
  27. Mar 19, 2012
    Okay, I'll admit that the first half of season 2 wasn't very good... at all. There was a reason for that though. There were COMPLETELY DIFFERENT WRITERS for that half of the season. I've grown so tired of critics (experts and users alike... and by the way... f*** Andy Grenwald from Grantland.com) continuing to complain about the first half of this season, over and over and over. TheOkay, I'll admit that the first half of season 2 wasn't very good... at all. There was a reason for that though. There were COMPLETELY DIFFERENT WRITERS for that half of the season. I've grown so tired of critics (experts and users alike... and by the way... f*** Andy Grenwald from Grantland.com) continuing to complain about the first half of this season, over and over and over. The 2nd half has CLEARLY been much better, and that's because there are new writers who have taken over. It's not like their job was easy. They had to cover up all the plot holes from the first half, as well as develop characters since the other writers made every character annoying in some way. It's pretty amazing that it only took 6 episodes for the new writers to completely redeem the show. The suspense is back, and it's back in a BIG way. Especially in the season finale of Season 2. The characters have become much more interesting, and I couldn't be more excited for Season 3. The introduction of Michonne at the end of Season 2 pretty much made me crap my pants I was so excited. People need to either forget the first half of this season, or quit watching the show altogether. The 2nd half was basically an entirely new show. No other show on television has the action, or suspense, or violence (not to mention costumes for the walkers) of TWD. Best of all, I've grown to like every character (with the exception of Lori who I sincerely hope is killed off in Season 3), and actually care about whether they live or die in Season 3. I'll be on the edge of my seat, and it's because the writing is exponentially better with the new cast of writers. Expand
  28. Mar 16, 2012
    People love to nit-pick and moan and as soon as you see that in a review, stop reading. You're never going to get a balanced review when people rip into it like that - so he's my attempt of a balance review. Season 1 was yes, fantastic, but in 6 episodes, there's not much time to do wrong. For season 2, over double that have been made and therefore the action needs to be spread out more.People love to nit-pick and moan and as soon as you see that in a review, stop reading. You're never going to get a balanced review when people rip into it like that - so he's my attempt of a balance review. Season 1 was yes, fantastic, but in 6 episodes, there's not much time to do wrong. For season 2, over double that have been made and therefore the action needs to be spread out more. This show is all about human emotion and tragedy, not blowing zombie brains out every 5 minutes. Being the first zombie TV series, the likes of gamers will have been immediately attracted to this show and of course human emotion doesn't exist these types of games, it's all about the action. So as soon as these fans started watching season 2, I believe they were shocked to see people talking about their feelings more than seeing heads being blown off. But in reality, this technique has actually been really effective. For other fans of the show, too much zombie killing and confrontation would get boring way too quickly, and suddenly the frequent appearance of the zombies, would make them less frightening, as the more we see and learn about the unknown, the less effect it has on us. However by having the zombies appear in small groups, only here and there during the season has built the tension up brilliantly, especially up to towards the end of the first half of the season. When they all suddenly appear, it makes the action much more intense, wild and unpredictable compared to how it would be if the zombies were the main focus of the show. In the second half of season 2 this use of bringing in the zombies at climatic points in virtually each episode has solidified this show as the best since Lost for me as the intensity continues to rise, whilst still holding a balance with human emotion - and the season finale looks to be possibly the best episode yet. Yes, at times during the first 5 episodes perhaps there was a little bit too much talk and I'll admit I was a little bored from time to time, but like I said, the lack of major events was a brilliant ploy leading us into the final episode of 2011. And again, I reiterate that most of the bad reviews will be coming from action-hungry gamers who instead got a taste of the undesirable, yet extremely relevant physiological effects of this type of scenario. There are also fans of the comics obviously watching this series, however they too need to understand one point - what works in a comic won't work in a TV series. Some things just aren't workable and that has to be accepted! So all in all I'd say that this season of TWD has turned out to be even better than the first, it's just a shame that yes, the first half was a little too uneventful but an even bigger shame that people can't accept the relevance of these episodes and move on. Expand
  29. Mar 13, 2012
    Wow! The Last Three Episodes of this Season have been pretty good,Season two has been a very slow start and i think the writers wanted to build up the drama that is coming to at the season finale.i can't wait for the 3rd season, this show has been a wild ride of zombie killing since the beginning.
  30. Mar 11, 2012
    The season has been been really good, and I think the last three episodes should put to rest any of the hate aimed at the season so far. I don't want to give it away, but people who weren't too thrilled with the episode seriously need to check out the last three leading up to the finale.
  31. Mar 3, 2012
    Still waiting for this creepy and dramatic television series. acting writing directing and visuals are all up to snuff and exceed the standards we hold.
  32. Feb 24, 2012
    so good so far! really interested in what way there going to go with shane he is losing it more every episode! also that scene at the barn was one of the greatest moments in tv iv seen in a long time! also cant wait for merle to come back cause you just know his going to kill someone!
  33. Feb 23, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Season 2 can be really stale and repetitive at times. It really hurt to wait 1 year for season 2 and have it end up being so boring and repetitive. Nothing that could have an effect on future seasons is going to carry on from this season except the fact that you realize that Shane is getting crazier ever since the moment he killed Otism hopefully the 2nd half of the season is a better improvement and I will adjust my review accordingly Expand
  34. Feb 14, 2012
    The walking living is just as terrifying as the walking dead. I keep watching this episode over and over again only if just for the last fifteen minutes. Bang, bang, your dead. Wasn't sure why Glenn didn't prepare to fire. He seemed like he was in shock, even tho he'd been shooting and hacking his way thru Season 1. Love this show!
  35. Feb 12, 2012
    I gotta say, the first season was good but the second is better. i have read all the comics and this show is good. just cuz the second season is "slow" like ppl are saying is crap. the comics are the same way this isnt a action show its a DRAMA!
  36. Feb 7, 2012
    definitely a great season, the only thing that they really missed out on on this season was it had too little action, I guess they were focused on making the characters more developed which they pulled off flawlessly.
  37. Feb 3, 2012
    With top notch performances from Andrew Lincoln, Jon Bernthal, Laurie Holden, Sarah Wayne Callies and Norman Reedus, what's not to love about The Walking Dead? Due to a great ensemble cast and some of the best writers and directors in the game (most of them are responsible for writing and directing for some of the best shows on television, including: Breaking Bad, The Sopranos, The Wire,With top notch performances from Andrew Lincoln, Jon Bernthal, Laurie Holden, Sarah Wayne Callies and Norman Reedus, what's not to love about The Walking Dead? Due to a great ensemble cast and some of the best writers and directors in the game (most of them are responsible for writing and directing for some of the best shows on television, including: Breaking Bad, The Sopranos, The Wire, The Shield, Rescue Me, and Sons of Anarchy) The Walking Dead has became a mega-hit and due to a large fan base (Although some of you don't appreciate the Walking Dead's brilliance as much as others) a rating's juggernaut. Expand
  38. Dec 16, 2011
    This has been one of the most breath taking series i have watched recently. You experience the emotions of frustration, anger, happiness, sadness etc. and you do experience an emotion for each character. It really does take you for a ride, and from what i've been hearing season 2 from other opinions on here, has been long stretched out and really not heading anywhere. From a personalThis has been one of the most breath taking series i have watched recently. You experience the emotions of frustration, anger, happiness, sadness etc. and you do experience an emotion for each character. It really does take you for a ride, and from what i've been hearing season 2 from other opinions on here, has been long stretched out and really not heading anywhere. From a personal opinion it was necessary to draw the season out the way it did, i'm not going to give details as to why, as minor details could lead to serious spoilers. Just watch the whole series and you'll see what I mean ;). Expand
  39. Dec 15, 2011
    The midseason 2 finale was one of the greatest moments in TV history. I was skeptical about this series at first, but the storyline and character development are gripping. A must see.
  40. Dec 14, 2011
    The second season of the walking dead defines what a TV show should be. It has a mix of comedy, and drama that everyone loves, not to mention the zombies. The acting is incredible, and the storyline is amazing, bottom line, best TV show ever
  41. Dec 3, 2011
    Brilliant!!!! Finally a zombie apocalyptic show that's not cheesy and done very well. great character development in the second season. Im glad they slowed the zombie down and developed the stories and characters better, just as good as first season just different.
  42. Nov 28, 2011
    This season is HORRIBLE. -All the drama about the kid being shot, all of the sudden he is fine and standing
    -They keep looking for the girl (well, sometimes) and nobody seems worried about her
    -What is up with "don't make any noise to avoid walkers", and they go target practice -Everybody is horny, except the two old men -It seems they rented a farm and plan to spend there the whole
    -Everybody is horny, except the two old men
    -It seems they rented a farm and plan to spend there the whole season
    -What is up with all the stupid drama?
    THIS SEASON PLAINLY SUCKS!

Please join the unhappy viewers at:

43. Nov 28, 2011
    After seeing the first half of the season, I am quite satisfied. I am a major zombie fanatic and as such this show was already right up my alley and it hasn't disappointed me yet. The last minute epic reveal in the halfway finale concluded a major story arch (my god was it epic) and I'm excited for the direction this show is headed in going forward. I was tempted to give it a ten butAfter seeing the first half of the season, I am quite satisfied. I am a major zombie fanatic and as such this show was already right up my alley and it hasn't disappointed me yet. The last minute epic reveal in the halfway finale concluded a major story arch (my god was it epic) and I'm excited for the direction this show is headed in going forward. I was tempted to give it a ten but realistically I know it isn't perfect, which is what a 10 would imply. I can't wait for it to restart up in february, its gonna be a long winter without the walking dead Expand
  44. Nov 28, 2011
    Last night was the mid-season finale and the episodes wont be back until February, so I decided to finally review this season of my favorite TV show, a lot of complaints have been made that there hasn't been a lot going on, and I have to admit it's not as action packed as the first season was, granted it's had it's moments of action and Zombie slaying goodness, but for most of this seasonLast night was the mid-season finale and the episodes wont be back until February, so I decided to finally review this season of my favorite TV show, a lot of complaints have been made that there hasn't been a lot going on, and I have to admit it's not as action packed as the first season was, granted it's had it's moments of action and Zombie slaying goodness, but for most of this season it's been more about the characters and how they are all coping with the new world, the things they encountered the first season, and the new problem that they now have, and you'll find no complaints from me, I found myself enjoying the characters more than ever, some have also said there's no tension and while I agree it's not as intense as the first season, but it's a new kind of intense, where your not only worrying about a possible attack from the "Walkers", but the actual members of the group snapping and killing each other, in closing it's not as good as the first season was but it's still awesome, and I will update my review if I feel it necessary after the official season finale in a couple of months. Expand
  45. Nov 28, 2011
    Season 2, isnt quite as good as seaon 1, and out of the 7 episodes so far, episode 4 is the only one i dont like because its too slow. Theres alot more character development this time around, but after last nights mid season finale, this show looks to be back to its strong storytelling.
  46. Nov 28, 2011
    We can say that these 6 episodes are really successful. The special effects are very well made, the actors play very well and the script keeps the viewer in suspense throughout the season. Note the presence of the actress Sarah Wayne Callies who plays Dr. Sara Tancredi on Prison Break. Hopefully the chain AMC will renew this series for the following year. The appointment of the series toWe can say that these 6 episodes are really successful. The special effects are very well made, the actors play very well and the script keeps the viewer in suspense throughout the season. Note the presence of the actress Sarah Wayne Callies who plays Dr. Sara Tancredi on Prison Break. Hopefully the chain AMC will renew this series for the following year. The appointment of the series to the next Golden Globe Awards but mostly the result obtained at the ceremony will probably be determined on its back in a second season. Expand
  47. Nov 23, 2011
    This is a great show, something everyone noticed in the first season. Everyone seems to be complaining about Season 2 because its slower, and the storyline isn't advancing, and there isn't as much zombie killing etc. For starters it's a longer season, therefore they are using the time for character development (something essential if the show is meant to last, and I say it has a very goodThis is a great show, something everyone noticed in the first season. Everyone seems to be complaining about Season 2 because its slower, and the storyline isn't advancing, and there isn't as much zombie killing etc. For starters it's a longer season, therefore they are using the time for character development (something essential if the show is meant to last, and I say it has a very good chance). It's like letting food settle before dessert, relax people, the zombie killing gory action we all love will soon be back (with characters we'll feel even stronger about). Expand
  48. Nov 21, 2011
    I hope they keep on going on with more seasons. This new season is everything you can ask for. Sex, lust, drama, and of course zombie killing. Perfect show :D
  49. Nov 21, 2011
    I think this show is way better than the 1st season. It shows more about everyones past and just doesnt stay stuck to Rick. And the zombie killing is better too. Overall i think the show is better.
  50. Nov 20, 2011
    This show is fine. Though they need more action and suspense, we can definitely see it building up. The character develop is fine, we need more zombie action, more gore, more blood. Who the **** cares about some little idiot child getting lost. We need more death!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  51. Nov 17, 2011
    While the second season has yet to step out of the shadow of its first-season older brother, The Walking Dead still maintains the necessary devices of a good show. The first season, a meager six episodes long, often relied on action and big-budget stunts to keep the plot moving. If anything, season 2 has matured, developing the characters instead of relying on the flashy topes and clichesWhile the second season has yet to step out of the shadow of its first-season older brother, The Walking Dead still maintains the necessary devices of a good show. The first season, a meager six episodes long, often relied on action and big-budget stunts to keep the plot moving. If anything, season 2 has matured, developing the characters instead of relying on the flashy topes and cliches of zombie films. The original graphic novel by Robert Kirkman focuses more on the characters' survival and less on daring deeds or overly-powerful undead antagonists. Season two takes a step in this direction, something sure to please any long-time Walking Dead fan. That having been said, as the episode count rises, the plot relies too heavily on past events. A prime example of this is the ongoing search for Sophia, who disappeared in the season premier. That having been said and assuming the coming episodes continue to advance the plot, The Walking Dead should be here to stay. Expand
  52. Nov 17, 2011
    The Walking Dead is a fresh air, after 5 years of boring zombie movies.
    Their undead are hungry for the warmth of life. And the living, hungry to take other lives.
    And the best? no undead riding a horse or trying to talk! Thank you Kirkman!
  53. pkd
    Nov 15, 2011
    excellent plot and acting. It's darkest in the beginning and then it become less gorish and more dramatic with interesting plot lines. I love it very much.
  54. Nov 8, 2011
    Is anyone else getting bored this season? Wow, I was looking forward to this season so much and now I'm already bored. Seemed like episodes during the first season were more "meaty" and now in the second season they drag on. Four episodes in and we're STILL looking for a lost girl. This should have been resolved by the end of the third episode.
  55. Nov 7, 2011
    I loved the first season and i already love the second. This show has to be up there in the list of best shows of all time. I have never been so captivated nor terrified by a show ever before. It just doesn't even seem possible that this is a show. It's like a movie and theres a sequel a week and they just keep getting better and better. Great season so far for an amazing show.
  56. Oct 29, 2011
    I don't know how they did it, but they took this already amazing show and made it ten times as good for the second series. Better than most on television today, including Breaking Bad (but that's just my opinion).
  57. Oct 28, 2011
    I really enjoy this the first movie I ever saw about the dead coming back to life was Pet cemetery and then Night of the Living Dead staring bad ass Tony Todd and now there is a 3rd season of The Walking Dead I enjoy it great acting and entertainment not for kids lol .
  58. Oct 25, 2011
    Liked the first season. Now i'm excited to see what they can do with a bigger budget. I enjoyed the first couple episodes. There is more tension in this season than the previous. I'm really loving this series keep it up AMC. 9/10
  59. Oct 25, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Through the 2nd episode the season has been great. 1st episode was definitely better than the 2nd, which was a setup. T-Dog better not die. Writing is very good. Expand
  60. Oct 24, 2011
    The second season starts off to a great start worthy of the show's amazing first season. The show doesn't feel dumbed down like many zombie works can and once again the acting is great. Emotion and angst are common but are shown fairly realistic and effective.
  61. Oct 23, 2011
    Definitely a great TV show. On one hand, the acting is favorable, costumes are awesome, the atmosphere is intense, and the situations are unpredictable. The second season (well at least the first 2 episodes) is certainly more action-zombie-packed than the first but without sacrificing other aspects off it. Furthermore, the way the story unfolds is well written even though you would notDefinitely a great TV show. On one hand, the acting is favorable, costumes are awesome, the atmosphere is intense, and the situations are unpredictable. The second season (well at least the first 2 episodes) is certainly more action-zombie-packed than the first but without sacrificing other aspects off it. Furthermore, the way the story unfolds is well written even though you would not expect that from a zombie-based adventures. To sum up, a show worth watching. Expand
  62. Oct 19, 2011
    I love zombies and from Gorge Romero, has anyone managed to captivate the audience so with this series was so easy formula.

No doubt, stress, and time history helps a lot to this series, be sure to miss it.
  63. Oct 19, 2011
    This show is awesome! There are thrills, tense moments and gore. I believe it is one of the top 5 shows on TV today. If you like Zombies, Gore or just like watching a group of survivors implode check this show out!
  64. Oct 18, 2011
    Action, Drama, Romance, Betrayal, and the feeling that you want more and more episodes is the thing that a good show needs. This zombie series has all of it. I personal watch it for the action and the real life problems that has happened and will happen in our life. Very good story, although I can think of a couple of endings that might happen in the future. In all its a great series,Action, Drama, Romance, Betrayal, and the feeling that you want more and more episodes is the thing that a good show needs. This zombie series has all of it. I personal watch it for the action and the real life problems that has happened and will happen in our life. Very good story, although I can think of a couple of endings that might happen in the future. In all its a great series, great story, and if your a zombie fan I recommend you see this show. Peace out yall. Stop haten and stop trollen Expand
  65. Oct 18, 2011
    Robert Kirkman's black-and-white "zombie apocalypse" graphic novel returns for a second televised season on AMC (which focuses mainly on films and only shows four other original series). That's right--THE WALKING DEAD is back, bloody, and better than ever.

Season 2 began with a sixty-six-minute premiere called "What Lies Ahead" (just as the first season did with "Days Gone Bye", the only episode so far to share its name with one of the installments in the graphic novel saga). The gist is generally the same as it was in season one: Deputy Rick Grime continues his ambitious journey of survival with his family and few surviving friends. Since he has finally reached Atlanta (his original destination), he must continue on his carnage-filled quest.

The only thing that's still up in the air with THE WALKING DEAD is that last statement. In other words, we are wondering, even after 6+ hours total of watching, when Rick Grimes is ever going to end his journey and how long it will take him to find a safe haven that's NOT inhabited with zombies (or, as the show refers to them, "walkers"). Or will he die on the way? Still, it's "gory with story" (the only good type of "gory"), entertaining, and a rarely superficial saga that leaves us hanging for a whole week or so--that week being the time in which a new episode is not airing. Suspenseful.
  66. Oct 17, 2011
    Even better than last season, Season 2 opened with a bang. Following the disappointing finale of season 1 (the first 5 episodes were amazing) I was skeptical of where the show was headed- I could not have been happier with where it went. Amazing dialogue, incredible acting, "Jump in your seat" moments - the Season 2 premiere had it all. Here's hoping the remaining 12 episodes are just as good.
  67. Oct 16, 2011
    Great show! Full of suspense and drastic situations. The choices made always have consequences. This season is a big difference from the first. This one is full of action and scares.
  68. Oct 16, 2011
    So despite all the changes behind the show, The Walking Dead still manages to be one of the most tense and thrilling shows out there with season 2 as of now. It also helps that this episode is following the comics a lot more than before, although that doesn't matter to me personally, as long as they tell a good story, which they sure as hell did with this episode.

1. Reviewed by: Matt Zoller Seitz
    Oct 21, 2011
    As we head into Season 2, it's becoming increasingly clear that they [the actors] can't make these characters interesting, because they're too thinly conceived.
  2. Reviewed by: Michelle Welch
    Oct 20, 2011
    In many ways, it was where the series ought to have begun.
  3. Reviewed by: Rob Owen
    Oct 17, 2011
    The show creates tension--through atmosphere and characters the audience cares about--and offers so many make-you-jump scares that by the end of an episode, you're left breathless.