The Walking Dead : Season 2

• Series Premiere Date: Oct 31, 2010
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
7.0

1. Feb 20, 2012
    Season 1 was amazing but this season 2 is just well ..boooring ... The stupid farm and there stupid love drama this show is now a chick zombie flick ... almost unwatchable and figures theres a woman directing so now ga reat show will go down in flames.. Bring back Darabont If we wanted to watch angry pregnant women and chicks crying about love we would all change the channel to somethingSeason 1 was amazing but this season 2 is just well ..boooring ... The stupid farm and there stupid love drama this show is now a chick zombie flick ... almost unwatchable and figures theres a woman directing so now ga reat show will go down in flames.. Bring back Darabont If we wanted to watch angry pregnant women and chicks crying about love we would all change the channel to something NBC or ABC plays on a regular basis witch is crap! Expand
  2. Feb 19, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. New name for this show is the Talking dead. all that is going on is uninteresting and unbelievable characters talking and talking and talking. For example how can a doctor (even a retired one) ever think that the zombies are cure able, this would be obvious even after a cursory exam ? The second season of this series is a bigger let-down then I thought possible due to the fact that now its about personal relationships, endless talking about feelings, and non-stop religious bs. and once in a long while a zombie comes along just to remind you that it is supposed to be exciting. How come none of the roaming bands of zombies have never found their way to this virtually undefended farm ? I mean after all it is a smorgasbord of dry witless characters waiting to be eaten... and to that I would say good riddance. Now I have to put all hope on Max Brooks's World war Z.... thou I have my fears Expand
  3. Feb 14, 2012
    The walking living is just as terrifying as the walking dead. I keep watching this episode over and over again only if just for the last fifteen minutes. Bang, bang, your dead. Wasn't sure why Glenn didn't prepare to fire. He seemed like he was in shock, even tho he'd been shooting and hacking his way thru Season 1. Love this show!
  4. Feb 12, 2012
    While hopes remained high that the producers would be able to deliver a stellar season II even after firing the original writing staff, those hopes were dashed by episode III of Season II, and the series has since devolved in drek. More often than not, drama that is not thought out very well takes the place of the survival horror feel and human conflict of the first season, and man does itWhile hopes remained high that the producers would be able to deliver a stellar season II even after firing the original writing staff, those hopes were dashed by episode III of Season II, and the series has since devolved in drek. More often than not, drama that is not thought out very well takes the place of the survival horror feel and human conflict of the first season, and man does it reek of sloppy writing. Characters are now moronic and appear to have left their brains back in Atlanta. The story is too predictable, there are far too many plot devices now, and THERE ARE NO ZOMBIES! You're lucky if you see more than two now.

Take a pass on Season two, and pray that the producers pay attention to what the critics are saying.
  5. Feb 12, 2012
    I gotta say, the first season was good but the second is better. i have read all the comics and this show is good. just cuz the second season is "slow" like ppl are saying is crap. the comics are the same way this isnt a action show its a DRAMA!
  6. Feb 12, 2012
    This show is brilliant. It manages to make zombies boring. Every single character is either boring or loathsome. The tedious "end of the world" moralizing that takes place is about as enjoyable as watching an obese man with asthma try to eat pudding moments after walking up 10 flights stairs. What's doubly infuriating is the users on here who attempt to play the "I'm an intellectual" cardThis show is brilliant. It manages to make zombies boring. Every single character is either boring or loathsome. The tedious "end of the world" moralizing that takes place is about as enjoyable as watching an obese man with asthma try to eat pudding moments after walking up 10 flights stairs. What's doubly infuriating is the users on here who attempt to play the "I'm an intellectual" card by claiming that the slow plot-lines are allowing for "character development". You all may not realize it, but the best character development happens when we learn about someone from their actions. The key word here? ACTIONS. Having characters talk out their inner feelings and problems is lazy, and it's even worse when none of their actions (which are few and far between) make any sense. Expand
  7. gas
    Feb 12, 2012
    First season was good, honestly not that great, but good overall, nice plot, suspense, some twists, predictable but good writing, this second season was boring, very slow, full of uninteresting dialogues and overall a lot less focused on the "survival horror" flavor that me and i guess the most are expecting from a serie like this one.
    This last serie at the end is not bad, but it seems
    This last serie at the end is not bad, but it seems they gone out of good ideas quite soon, converting the serie into a soap.
  8. Feb 10, 2012
    You can't be serious, who writes this tripe? I love having zombies on the box but could they not afford some decent writers? Those idiots are gonna get this show cut. Honestly, anyone who gave this a 10 has been beaten down by mediocrity on the small screen. Raise your standards everyone. Hope the zombies eat all but one of the characters (Sarah, bless her) before starting on the writers.
  9. Feb 7, 2012
    definitely a great season, the only thing that they really missed out on on this season was it had too little action, I guess they were focused on making the characters more developed which they pulled off flawlessly.
  10. Feb 3, 2012
    With top notch performances from Andrew Lincoln, Jon Bernthal, Laurie Holden, Sarah Wayne Callies and Norman Reedus, what's not to love about The Walking Dead? Due to a great ensemble cast and some of the best writers and directors in the game (most of them are responsible for writing and directing for some of the best shows on television, including: Breaking Bad, The Sopranos, The Wire,With top notch performances from Andrew Lincoln, Jon Bernthal, Laurie Holden, Sarah Wayne Callies and Norman Reedus, what's not to love about The Walking Dead? Due to a great ensemble cast and some of the best writers and directors in the game (most of them are responsible for writing and directing for some of the best shows on television, including: Breaking Bad, The Sopranos, The Wire, The Shield, Rescue Me, and Sons of Anarchy) The Walking Dead has became a mega-hit and due to a large fan base (Although some of you don't appreciate the Walking Dead's brilliance as much as others) a rating's juggernaut. Expand
  11. Feb 1, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. HI. Waited for season 1 with anticipation and excitement. HA! The writing was 50/50, the acting was good, and the suspence and action was great. Then I waited for season 2 with even more excitement. How dissapointed was I. The acting was terrible, the excitement level was almost non-exsistent, and the writing sucked. While I was watching it, it felt like I was watching a soap drama. 5 episodes of whiny characters who are asking the audience,'' Who's baby is it'', ''Oh no, its not ricks''. I hate soap dramas and this felt very close to one. Where is that feeling that its the end of the world? No more soap dramas, give us some action in season 3. Expand
  12. j30
    Jan 24, 2012
    Not as good as the first season, but the whole season comes in full circle in the end. The horrifying images from the finale have haunted me for days now. Compelling stuff.
  13. Jan 23, 2012
    Okay, so what the hell happened with season 2? There are so many inconsistencies with the 1st season, even the accents suck in #2. I've also had enough of the God talk.
    Disappointed.
  14. Jan 23, 2012
    The show is ok but nothing more. Just as the first season there were some good moment but in overall I'm quite disappointed. The graphic novels have some of the best zombie material ever with great characters and a good plot-line. However, some of the best plot-lines got tossed out and some irrelevant ones drag on. Carl gets treated in 1 page in the novels where this gets dragged out overThe show is ok but nothing more. Just as the first season there were some good moment but in overall I'm quite disappointed. The graphic novels have some of the best zombie material ever with great characters and a good plot-line. However, some of the best plot-lines got tossed out and some irrelevant ones drag on. Carl gets treated in 1 page in the novels where this gets dragged out over an entire season in the series. So yeah, we get it, he really cares about his family. Maybe it really is time to get a new team in because they don't seem to grasp what makes the novels good. Expand
  15. Jan 22, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Please do something else with the second half of this season. The first half was kind of slow. I was just hoping they would find that stupid girl by episode 4 or 5, but no they stayed there the entire half season looking for her. Now that they found her (killed her I should say), the wrtiters need to move the characters on. Other than the plot, the acting, visuals, and makeup are great. Expand
  16. Jan 18, 2012
    Season 1 fantastic. Season 2 poorly written bad pacing between and during scenes bad film quality bad editing. More of a soap opera that uses an apocalyptic attention getter to try to hook in it's viewers while using character development as the excuse for bad tv. It does not stick to any story line from its last season mostly except the Shane loves Lori story line that is redundant.Season 1 fantastic. Season 2 poorly written bad pacing between and during scenes bad film quality bad editing. More of a soap opera that uses an apocalyptic attention getter to try to hook in it's viewers while using character development as the excuse for bad tv. It does not stick to any story line from its last season mostly except the Shane loves Lori story line that is redundant. Rick Grimes the lead has been reduced to a cry baby while Shane Walsh has turned into the Jacob Black of Twilight with his new buff body and bald new do. This show is not for people who like a complicated drama all though it demands its audience to see it that way. Cliche characters bad development and an un sureness of where they want to go with it is pretty clear in it's presentation. The show expects the viewers to sit through bad episodes until the last one which will be good and use that as an excuse for slow build up until it returns yet again from yet another break. The impression I get is people actually like this show because most TV has gone down the tubes but accepting this show as great is just settling it's far from it and needs a lot of work hardly worth an award hardly worth waiting around to see if it gets better the stone has been set, and hardly worth showing again on my TV set. Expand
  17. Jan 15, 2012
    I know zombie movies are generally not the most original or clever things you can watch but that doesn't mean you can't at least *try* to be a little clever at times! I reasonably enjoyed The Walking Dead - it had plenty of tedious moments (mostly when zombies were on their tracks) but it had good locations and there was the air of mystery. In season 2, I couldn't take it any more after 3I know zombie movies are generally not the most original or clever things you can watch but that doesn't mean you can't at least *try* to be a little clever at times! I reasonably enjoyed The Walking Dead - it had plenty of tedious moments (mostly when zombies were on their tracks) but it had good locations and there was the air of mystery. In season 2, I couldn't take it any more after 3 episodes of dullness and the worst of clichés. The characters can only be so stupid before you lose faith in them and just hope they get killed to put them out of their idiotic misery. It's one thing for people to act this way when they're surprised but they had months to prepare, months to think of strategies, ideas to survive, ways to warn eachother, formations to take, etc.. Instead we see a bunch of idiots playing with their lives just so there can be encounters with zombies to add suspension. Except most zombie scenes are so dull and annoying, I just want them over with. A big reason for this, is because the zombies are just all wrong. The writers can't seem to agree on how zombies should work. Are they entirely brainless? A lot of the time, it looks like that. Do they still have parts of their minds so they can recognise things? When it suits the script, it seems ... Are they curious about noises they hear? Again, when it suits the script.

The first episode alone had a gazillion such errors. A zombie *happens* to enter the CV - maybe he was planning to go on a trip? There's only a thousand cars out there and he goes inside theirs. "Oh but maybe he can smell her!". Yeah right, and all the people hidden under the cars he can't smell? Are you kidding me? Or how about how fast the zombies showed up. You had the old fart on the roof looking around with miles of empty highway ahead in both sides and suddenly, there are hundreds of them and within yards of the cars! Teleporting zombies??

I'm sorry, but there's limits to have far I'm willing to give (usuallly American) shows leeway when it comes to twisting reality just so they can add some crappy action scenes. A clever zombie movie (like 28 Days Later) would create a situation where humans are clever and still have a hard time surviving. Here they reduce humans to utter morons as way to create suspense. It's lazy, it's cheap, it's infuriating and it only alienates the characters from the viewer who are left with no-one to identify with. Stupid stupid stupid ...
  18. Jan 13, 2012
    Season 1 was a 6 for sheer entertainment. If they always wanted to make this show about the characters lives post "walker uprising", they should have casted A LOT better! Writing needs help too.
  19. Jan 11, 2012
    Sorry fat people! Lets just say if it ever comes to this...Im going to India where there are more vegetarians. The only Zombie show taken seriously as a WAKE UP call in how survivors will deal with world cataclysm. According to experts after a few days of catastrophe without food/water people turn to CANNIBALISM! go diet
  20. Dec 29, 2011
    Wow. So dull. So very, very dull. I went back and reread all the hardcover versions of the graphic novel just to remind myself why I liked this concept/story in the first place. I really wanted to watch "The Walking Dead", not "All My Zombies".
  21. Dec 20, 2011
    This review discusses about the first half of this season (due to the hiatus)!
    This review discusses about the first half of this season (due to the hiatus)!
    After I watched the first season of The Walking Dead, I couldn't wait for the next season. When I heard that Season 2 will have 12-14 episodes, I was like "yes!", then I became more impatient. However, Season 2 stopped at the middle, and it felt like I watched a season as short as the previous season *facepalm*. I love The Walking Dead, but when it's on hiatus, it makes me very upset. I know it's a midseason, but I have to wait for the next episode on February.
    In my honest opinion, I didn't really like the first-half season of Season 2. My god...it really slows down (comparing to the previous season). It's like the writers' rough copy for the midseason was three episodes long, but then, they added bunch of stuffs to make it eight episodes long. The new characters in the midseason is uninteresting; they make you think that they are unnecessary or less important. The character development is lacking. The writing of this season is not as good as season 1 (I hope this show rehires their old writers, so they can make this season better). There are some episodes where you can only see 1-2 zombies, and I was like "come on! it's better with more zombies!". I hope the rest of the episodes for Season 2 is better.
  22. Dec 16, 2011
    This has been one of the most breath taking series i have watched recently. You experience the emotions of frustration, anger, happiness, sadness etc. and you do experience an emotion for each character. It really does take you for a ride, and from what i've been hearing season 2 from other opinions on here, has been long stretched out and really not heading anywhere. From a personalThis has been one of the most breath taking series i have watched recently. You experience the emotions of frustration, anger, happiness, sadness etc. and you do experience an emotion for each character. It really does take you for a ride, and from what i've been hearing season 2 from other opinions on here, has been long stretched out and really not heading anywhere. From a personal opinion it was necessary to draw the season out the way it did, i'm not going to give details as to why, as minor details could lead to serious spoilers. Just watch the whole series and you'll see what I mean ;). Expand
  23. Dec 15, 2011
    What a bore of show! the whole thing was based on finding the little girl? Season 1 wasnt perfect, but it had its moments. season 2 on the other hand, is slow, does not have enough zombies, the end of the world atmosphere is not there. The only good episode was the last one.
  24. Dec 15, 2011
    The midseason 2 finale was one of the greatest moments in TV history. I was skeptical about this series at first, but the storyline and character development are gripping. A must see.
  25. Dec 14, 2011
    The second season of the walking dead defines what a TV show should be. It has a mix of comedy, and drama that everyone loves, not to mention the zombies. The acting is incredible, and the storyline is amazing, bottom line, best TV show ever
  26. Dec 12, 2011
    I really don't get the hype this show gets. It is becoming ridiculously stupid and repetetive or... was from the very beggining?

The whole thing doesn't seem like having a point, more or less the whole show looks like "Left 4 Dead" game brought to the television (music, setting, more or less characters). Each episode brings in one or two total idiocies when looking at the decisions made,

Each episode brings in one or two total idiocies when looking at the decisions made, some moments are plain stupid.

The first season was watchable because it was short and still setting in it's footing on the market. Right now, with the second series, I just can't see any reason to do this further. The zombies are just dead meat walking. Fine, but can't you bring in some new types (play L4D if you don't know what I meant) of them. Stop throwing cliche after cliche in terms of the script and maybe you'll turn out at least decent.

As for the current situation - all I see is zombie gut all over the screen, shallow characters, boring script, dumb dialogues and slow pace. The show doesn't deserve a third installment. Really. What will they do? Get back, because of a forgotten picture or what?
  27. Doz
    Dec 6, 2011
    A good effort in a genre that's always going to cop a lot of flack from fans. To my mind though a little too heavy on the character development towards the middle and end of the second season that really pulls the series back, seems the budget may of been squeezed dry so the effects must be sacrificed, therefore lots of boring talking sequences.
  28. Dec 3, 2011
    Brilliant!!!! Finally a zombie apocalyptic show that's not cheesy and done very well. great character development in the second season. Im glad they slowed the zombie down and developed the stories and characters better, just as good as first season just different.
  29. Nov 30, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Besides a seemingly stagnant plot and apparently new rules on how the "walkers" operate. I felt that for what it is, a T.V. show on cable television no less, you couldn't go wrong. Could they have revealed what happened to Sophia earlier? Sure. I think right now this shows saving grace, at least for me are those intense scenes where things could pop off and get real ugly at any moment, throwing the whole camp up into chaos at any second. What keeps me tuned in is to see if a group of survivors can stay together and pull through against what seems to be insurmountable odds. Can they as a group, some how come out of this zombie apocalypse stronger then before? We shall see. Expand
  30. Nov 29, 2011
    Aside from the mid-season finale, I am quite disappointed in the series in season 2. It still is a solid series, but with expectations being so high from season 1, 2 isn't on the same level. For those who haven't seen the 2nd season yet, don't expect it to live up to season 1. I think what the producers are doing with season 2 is trying to build an emotional attachment to the characters soAside from the mid-season finale, I am quite disappointed in the series in season 2. It still is a solid series, but with expectations being so high from season 1, 2 isn't on the same level. For those who haven't seen the 2nd season yet, don't expect it to live up to season 1. I think what the producers are doing with season 2 is trying to build an emotional attachment to the characters so when they do get killed, you will actually feel "something," for them where season 1 lacked (hard to do in 6 episodes). I do expect the second half of season 2 to be a 180 from the opening half. Back to killing zombies and looting! 8/10. Expand
  31. Nov 28, 2011
    This season is HORRIBLE. -All the drama about the kid being shot, all of the sudden he is fine and standing
    -They keep looking for the girl (well, sometimes) and nobody seems worried about her
    -What is up with "don't make any noise to avoid walkers", and they go target practice -Everybody is horny, except the two old men -It seems they rented a farm and plan to spend there the whole
    -Everybody is horny, except the two old men
    -It seems they rented a farm and plan to spend there the whole season
    -What is up with all the stupid drama?
    THIS SEASON PLAINLY SUCKS!

Please join the unhappy viewers at:

32. Nov 28, 2011
    After seeing the first half of the season, I am quite satisfied. I am a major zombie fanatic and as such this show was already right up my alley and it hasn't disappointed me yet. The last minute epic reveal in the halfway finale concluded a major story arch (my god was it epic) and I'm excited for the direction this show is headed in going forward. I was tempted to give it a ten butAfter seeing the first half of the season, I am quite satisfied. I am a major zombie fanatic and as such this show was already right up my alley and it hasn't disappointed me yet. The last minute epic reveal in the halfway finale concluded a major story arch (my god was it epic) and I'm excited for the direction this show is headed in going forward. I was tempted to give it a ten but realistically I know it isn't perfect, which is what a 10 would imply. I can't wait for it to restart up in february, its gonna be a long winter without the walking dead Expand
  33. Nov 28, 2011
    Last night was the mid-season finale and the episodes wont be back until February, so I decided to finally review this season of my favorite TV show, a lot of complaints have been made that there hasn't been a lot going on, and I have to admit it's not as action packed as the first season was, granted it's had it's moments of action and Zombie slaying goodness, but for most of this seasonLast night was the mid-season finale and the episodes wont be back until February, so I decided to finally review this season of my favorite TV show, a lot of complaints have been made that there hasn't been a lot going on, and I have to admit it's not as action packed as the first season was, granted it's had it's moments of action and Zombie slaying goodness, but for most of this season it's been more about the characters and how they are all coping with the new world, the things they encountered the first season, and the new problem that they now have, and you'll find no complaints from me, I found myself enjoying the characters more than ever, some have also said there's no tension and while I agree it's not as intense as the first season, but it's a new kind of intense, where your not only worrying about a possible attack from the "Walkers", but the actual members of the group snapping and killing each other, in closing it's not as good as the first season was but it's still awesome, and I will update my review if I feel it necessary after the official season finale in a couple of months. Expand
  34. Nov 28, 2011
    Season 2, isnt quite as good as seaon 1, and out of the 7 episodes so far, episode 4 is the only one i dont like because its too slow. Theres alot more character development this time around, but after last nights mid season finale, this show looks to be back to its strong storytelling.
  35. Nov 28, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Full of bland, annoying, inconsistent and cliche characters that apparently have no common sense at all. The so-called leader is about as charismatic as a crouton and rarely shows any leadership. The scripting is awful and predictable and full of one-on-one chats that make it feel more like a soap-opera. You'll probably find yourself facepalming a lot and saying "what the hell are these idiots doing". eg: the zombie in a well bit; 5 wells on the farmland, 1 with a zombie in it. Instead of just not using that well, they decide to lower someone down as bait after 5 seconds of half-heartedly trying to dangle a rope around it's neck. Facepalm!! How did these idiots survive the zombie apocalypse?!? You'll probably like this show if you indiscriminately love anything with zombies and gore (it does have it's fair share), but I found myself getting bored of all the "is this Gawd's work?" and "do we want our children to grow up in this world of horror?" After 6 episodes it hasn't gone anywhere so i'm going to opt out now. Expand
  36. Nov 28, 2011
    We can say that these 6 episodes are really successful. The special effects are very well made, the actors play very well and the script keeps the viewer in suspense throughout the season. Note the presence of the actress Sarah Wayne Callies who plays Dr. Sara Tancredi on Prison Break. Hopefully the chain AMC will renew this series for the following year. The appointment of the series toWe can say that these 6 episodes are really successful. The special effects are very well made, the actors play very well and the script keeps the viewer in suspense throughout the season. Note the presence of the actress Sarah Wayne Callies who plays Dr. Sara Tancredi on Prison Break. Hopefully the chain AMC will renew this series for the following year. The appointment of the series to the next Golden Globe Awards but mostly the result obtained at the ceremony will probably be determined on its back in a second season. Expand
  37. Nov 26, 2011
    I was enthralled during the first season. The only thing keeping me from giving the second season a higher score, is the drawn out search for the little girl. The new writers, have done a good job otherwise. I still can't wait to watch more of this show, but they must end this search for the little girl and move on with the storyline!
  38. Nov 24, 2011
    The only people on this cast who deserve praise are the costume designers and makeup people, because the zombies all look excellent. But the characters are thin and boring, the plotlines plodding and unimaginative, and the whole thing is slowmoving and dull. Like a zombie.
  39. Nov 23, 2011
    This is a great show, something everyone noticed in the first season. Everyone seems to be complaining about Season 2 because its slower, and the storyline isn't advancing, and there isn't as much zombie killing etc. For starters it's a longer season, therefore they are using the time for character development (something essential if the show is meant to last, and I say it has a very goodThis is a great show, something everyone noticed in the first season. Everyone seems to be complaining about Season 2 because its slower, and the storyline isn't advancing, and there isn't as much zombie killing etc. For starters it's a longer season, therefore they are using the time for character development (something essential if the show is meant to last, and I say it has a very good chance). It's like letting food settle before dessert, relax people, the zombie killing gory action we all love will soon be back (with characters we'll feel even stronger about). Expand
  40. Nov 23, 2011
    Season 2 is a huge let down! Season 1 was great. You had a catchy story line with good characters and lots of action. The walking dead out numbered the living at least 10 to one! Every episode had zombies and gut wrenching gross scenes! It was a blast. Now with Season 2 we have more living and less walking dead! Maybe the script is more dead than the dead! We've spent way too much timeSeason 2 is a huge let down! Season 1 was great. You had a catchy story line with good characters and lots of action. The walking dead out numbered the living at least 10 to one! Every episode had zombies and gut wrenching gross scenes! It was a blast. Now with Season 2 we have more living and less walking dead! Maybe the script is more dead than the dead! We've spent way too much time developing the characters - it's almost become a night time Soap! The story line needs to move on to something new, we've spent way too much time on the farm and way too little time fighting off the zombies! Expand
  41. Nov 23, 2011
    I gave season 1 a 9. However this season is lacking the excitement and suspense that the previous season had. The girl being lost is stupid at this point. It has been 6 episodes with her "lost" and at this point I hope she's dead. Everyone I've talked to agrees they have drawn that situation out way to far. I'd like to see a good season finale soon. Hopefully it is a good finish to thisI gave season 1 a 9. However this season is lacking the excitement and suspense that the previous season had. The girl being lost is stupid at this point. It has been 6 episodes with her "lost" and at this point I hope she's dead. Everyone I've talked to agrees they have drawn that situation out way to far. I'd like to see a good season finale soon. Hopefully it is a good finish to this average season. Expand
  42. Nov 22, 2011
    I loved the first series, but this series (2) is dreadful. The first was about survival, escape, being the last-people-on-earth, horror, suspense, chase scenes and excitement. It had great twists, good writing, and was fun to watch. You know, the stuff you expect from this genre. Now it's about about pregnancies, and inter-relationship hassles. Now that they are on a farm, I wouldn't beI loved the first series, but this series (2) is dreadful. The first was about survival, escape, being the last-people-on-earth, horror, suspense, chase scenes and excitement. It had great twists, good writing, and was fun to watch. You know, the stuff you expect from this genre. Now it's about about pregnancies, and inter-relationship hassles. Now that they are on a farm, I wouldn't be surprised to see this turning into a series about farming.

EVERYTHING that was good, no GREAT, about the first series is gone. In episode 5 for example, we had to the two main leads spending five minutes talking in a forest about girlfriends and sexual exploits from high school! Now I know characters need fleshing out, but it also needs to be relevant. I want to know that I'm being taken somewhere, not in circles leading nowhere. It seems like there's 30 minutes of bland filler in every episode now. Did they run out of money? Ideas? Where has the suspense gone? And I don't mean the 'soap opera' suspense about "Who is the father?" or "Will-they-won't-they?" Bring back the zombies, put in some more action of the type that is demanded, and necessary, of this genre, because it's in danger of leaving the genre behind and becoming The Waltons.
  43. Nov 21, 2011
    I hope they keep on going on with more seasons. This new season is everything you can ask for. Sex, lust, drama, and of course zombie killing. Perfect show :D
  44. Nov 21, 2011
    I think this show is way better than the 1st season. It shows more about everyones past and just doesnt stay stuck to Rick. And the zombie killing is better too. Overall i think the show is better.
  45. Nov 20, 2011
    This show is pathetic in every aspect, though I'm not surprised by its popularity. Its just another example that you can combine talentless actors with even less talented writers and still win over the generally brainless American television market. Its basically a prime-time soap-opera, hyped up with some silly zombie gimmick. This series alone wipes out all the respect AMC earned fromThis show is pathetic in every aspect, though I'm not surprised by its popularity. Its just another example that you can combine talentless actors with even less talented writers and still win over the generally brainless American television market. Its basically a prime-time soap-opera, hyped up with some silly zombie gimmick. This series alone wipes out all the respect AMC earned from me with shows like Mad Men and Breaking Bad. Now I look at those as lucky flukes. All in all, if you think this show is even mediocre I'm sorry you have to live your life filtering everything through such a moronic brain. Expand
  46. Nov 20, 2011
    This show is fine. Though they need more action and suspense, we can definitely see it building up. The character develop is fine, we need more zombie action, more gore, more blood. Who the **** cares about some little idiot child getting lost. We need more death!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  47. Nov 20, 2011
    first season was pretty good, this one... not so much. the writing has gone by the wayside and the only good actor in the show is the one who plays dale. the problem with that is the writers try to make him the unlikable character, the rest are just husks and cliches. rick talking to a jesus statue as if it were a real person who would return dialogue, laughable. those who pray do not tryfirst season was pretty good, this one... not so much. the writing has gone by the wayside and the only good actor in the show is the one who plays dale. the problem with that is the writers try to make him the unlikable character, the rest are just husks and cliches. rick talking to a jesus statue as if it were a real person who would return dialogue, laughable. those who pray do not try to hollywoodize what could have been a great moment in the show, but poorly poorly executed. i still hold out hope for it as the first season was pretty good Expand
  48. Nov 19, 2011
    Zombies... Drama.... TV... LOVE IT. seriously worth watching!! i feel that each episode is always incredibly interesting, however, season 2 doesn't seem to have an advancement on their goal being finding the girl and getting to their destination.
  49. Nov 19, 2011
    nice costumes. story and acting is very lame. season 1 was quite good, at least the first half part of it. but season 2, nothing happens here. I watched 4 episodes, and there was basically no story at all. amc can do definitely better than this. I can't understand how this show could get such good reviews.
  50. Nov 18, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Me and my girlfriend have been waiting impatiently for season 1 of one of the best first season of a TV series we saw in a long time, Dexter being the only real competitor, going strong for 6 seasons. We expected The Walking Dead to be as strong, or maybe even stronger as the seasons go. But then I saw episode one and painfully saw episode two.... three. And four... Read some of the reviews and was mesmerized. The main points of the reviews are that it is unpredictable, the suspense is intense and the costumes are great. I must admit the costumes are great. But there was a strong feeling of predictability. Four episodes searching for a kid? Really? Half an episode trying to save one single water well when there are 4 more on the property that ended up in being contaminated anyways? I was pretty good at guessing what was going to happen as I predicted that what would probably happen was what would not move the story further. And I was right.

Some stuff was surprising, of course, a few scenes were still pretty cool but all the "situations" created ended up being boring and bottom line stalling the entire season into an oblivion of ideas, creativity and leaving the series hang on only a few unmemorable scenes of single zombie attack, a two minutes of pathetic sex and many many attempts for a deeper story line failing at mediocre redundant dialogues, uninteresting characters and cheap religious debates. 80% of the first four episodes could be removed and we would be at the same exact point. Bored already.

In fact, everything season 1 was, season 2 isnâ
  51. Nov 17, 2011
    While the second season has yet to step out of the shadow of its first-season older brother, The Walking Dead still maintains the necessary devices of a good show. The first season, a meager six episodes long, often relied on action and big-budget stunts to keep the plot moving. If anything, season 2 has matured, developing the characters instead of relying on the flashy topes and clichesWhile the second season has yet to step out of the shadow of its first-season older brother, The Walking Dead still maintains the necessary devices of a good show. The first season, a meager six episodes long, often relied on action and big-budget stunts to keep the plot moving. If anything, season 2 has matured, developing the characters instead of relying on the flashy topes and cliches of zombie films. The original graphic novel by Robert Kirkman focuses more on the characters' survival and less on daring deeds or overly-powerful undead antagonists. Season two takes a step in this direction, something sure to please any long-time Walking Dead fan. That having been said, as the episode count rises, the plot relies too heavily on past events. A prime example of this is the ongoing search for Sophia, who disappeared in the season premier. That having been said and assuming the coming episodes continue to advance the plot, The Walking Dead should be here to stay. Expand
  52. Nov 17, 2011
    The Walking Dead is a fresh air, after 5 years of boring zombie movies.
    Their undead are hungry for the warmth of life. And the living, hungry to take other lives.
    And the best? no undead riding a horse or trying to talk! Thank you Kirkman!
  53. Nov 16, 2011
    You know that feeling you get at a certain point in a show/movie/novel where you start to suspect that it's so ridiculous something isn't right? That feeling that comes right before you realize that the writer's intent was parody and in retrospect you can't believe you were so stupid to be taking it seriously? That's the feeling I get every time I watch this show. Just because your show isYou know that feeling you get at a certain point in a show/movie/novel where you start to suspect that it's so ridiculous something isn't right? That feeling that comes right before you realize that the writer's intent was parody and in retrospect you can't believe you were so stupid to be taking it seriously? That's the feeling I get every time I watch this show. Just because your show is about zombies doesn't mean you can throw logic out the window.

It stinks.
  54. Nov 15, 2011
    Loved the first season! I would give it a 10, but damn this second season is so slow. I wish the writers would include more zombie seasons and ANY plot development. Something keeps me watching but I'm not sure why. I'm hoping that this season will have some exciting progressions and this season isn't fully revolved around the missing girl. I hoped they found her alive but now I hope she isLoved the first season! I would give it a 10, but damn this second season is so slow. I wish the writers would include more zombie seasons and ANY plot development. Something keeps me watching but I'm not sure why. I'm hoping that this season will have some exciting progressions and this season isn't fully revolved around the missing girl. I hoped they found her alive but now I hope she is as dead as the last few episodes. Please stupid writers, make season 3 worth while. Expand
  55. pkd
    Nov 15, 2011
    excellent plot and acting. It's darkest in the beginning and then it become less gorish and more dramatic with interesting plot lines. I love it very much.
  56. Nov 13, 2011
    First Season screenplay was exciting, because the dinamic incident of each episode head to a certain place and situation. The second season the more I watch the more I see a sidcom because the story start and end in the same story line. The humor of the character is too much, I hate the always depressing attitude that make them look dumb and make stupid decisions. The blond women storyFirst Season screenplay was exciting, because the dinamic incident of each episode head to a certain place and situation. The second season the more I watch the more I see a sidcom because the story start and end in the same story line. The humor of the character is too much, I hate the always depressing attitude that make them look dumb and make stupid decisions. The blond women story sucks, the lost girl situation is sick. I think they are trying to extend the season with trash story and a lot of repeated dialogue. I loved first season I hate the second. They have horrible screenwritters this season. Expand
  57. Nov 12, 2011
    This seasons is much worse than the first one. Gone is the thrilling action, the sense that things are moving forward, the possibilities. What we get now is endless 'character development' dialogue in the countryside - a lot of deep staring into eyes, eyes welling up, the viewer connecting with the humanity.
    I heard it's because they slashed the budget, so now they can't afford the big
    I heard it's because they slashed the budget, so now they can't afford the big actions scenes anymore.
    By the way, can someone develop the zombie concept just a little bit? I mean c'mon, the zombies have to be consistent with our world at some levels. The CDC episode in series one gave a bit of an explanation - but let me ask you this: the zombies must get tired - after all they walk on muscle and bone, and those do get tired, regardless of whether you have brain function. I know it may be kinda ludicrous to say this - some people may just feel, 'zombies! zombies! me like,' but it seems that someone could put their brain into it and push the concept a bit.
  58. Nov 11, 2011
    Bad. Too bad. No story. Pathetic characters, silly situations, unbearable lines... Four episodes so long oand the story is not going in any place. Dull boring and predictable. I really do not understand how can receive a metascore of 81! Epic fail.
  59. Nov 9, 2011
    The first season was decent. The second season, in which they've sacrificed a lot of plot for character development, completely blows. None of these characters are very interesting outside of a pure-survival context. That combined with the questionable screenwriting and the actors being mediocre at best almost makes this show unbearable to watch.
  60. Nov 8, 2011
    As a zombie endorser I was pleased to hear about The Walking Dead and got extremely excited for it. Upon the start of the first season I watched and was mildly interested in the show but after the first few episodes I more enjoyed pointing out all the flaws and enjoyed a few chuckles at the mediocre acting. Upon the start of the second season I feel its been a COMPLETE bust and have had toAs a zombie endorser I was pleased to hear about The Walking Dead and got extremely excited for it. Upon the start of the first season I watched and was mildly interested in the show but after the first few episodes I more enjoyed pointing out all the flaws and enjoyed a few chuckles at the mediocre acting. Upon the start of the second season I feel its been a COMPLETE bust and have had to force myself to continue watching in hopes of some sort of turn around.....we will see. Expand
  61. Nov 8, 2011
    Is anyone else getting bored this season? Wow, I was looking forward to this season so much and now I'm already bored. Seemed like episodes during the first season were more "meaty" and now in the second season they drag on. Four episodes in and we're STILL looking for a lost girl. This should have been resolved by the end of the third episode.
  62. Nov 7, 2011
    I loved the first season and i already love the second. This show has to be up there in the list of best shows of all time. I have never been so captivated nor terrified by a show ever before. It just doesn't even seem possible that this is a show. It's like a movie and theres a sequel a week and they just keep getting better and better. Great season so far for an amazing show.
  63. Nov 6, 2011
    Season 2 seems to be bogged down, very slow and sick of the whining soliloquy's of the characters. Season 1, you have to slather on zombie guts to hide your odor from zombies, season 2, a whole convoy of zombies can come walking down the interstate, be one foot from a live person under a car, yet they can't smell them?
  64. Nov 3, 2011
    I love this show, but there is some discontinuity from season 1 to season 2, as mentioned in the negative reviews. What the negative reviewers should know is that this series is written in a time line where "zombies" are unknown. This is a whole new experience for these characters, who have never seen a Zombie movie or heard of George Romero. That is why they aren't called "Zombies". TheyI love this show, but there is some discontinuity from season 1 to season 2, as mentioned in the negative reviews. What the negative reviewers should know is that this series is written in a time line where "zombies" are unknown. This is a whole new experience for these characters, who have never seen a Zombie movie or heard of George Romero. That is why they aren't called "Zombies". They are called walkers because the word Zombie doesn't exist to them. In that case, who knows how they would act, or react. Still, I do agree that some minor details do need to be ironed out. Still, a great show on a great TV station! Can't wait for more! Expand
  65. Nov 1, 2011
    I enjoyed season 1 but so far this season has just been quite a let down. The biggest problem I have with this season is the dialogue and the acting. The dialogue tends to drag on. The characters will cry and whine about how they don't know what's the point of living and they'll argue with each other and say the same things over and over. They really need to pick up the pace. I don'tI enjoyed season 1 but so far this season has just been quite a let down. The biggest problem I have with this season is the dialogue and the acting. The dialogue tends to drag on. The characters will cry and whine about how they don't know what's the point of living and they'll argue with each other and say the same things over and over. They really need to pick up the pace. I don't want to watch a soap opera, I want to watch a survival horror/thriller. Expand
  66. Nov 1, 2011
    I was sceptical about how you could drag a Zombie based show out for hour after hour, considering most movies about it are usually - hold up for 90 minutes then make a final stand - But i was pleasantly surprised by this show and it's clearly improving. I'm hoping that they don't spend too many episodes held up on a single situation and make each one stand on it's own while alsoI was sceptical about how you could drag a Zombie based show out for hour after hour, considering most movies about it are usually - hold up for 90 minutes then make a final stand - But i was pleasantly surprised by this show and it's clearly improving. I'm hoping that they don't spend too many episodes held up on a single situation and make each one stand on it's own while also incorporating the overall story Expand
  67. Oct 30, 2011
    While a great series with awesome zombie effects, season two of TWD is a mixed bag. The main reason it falls short is it ignores its own rules, and spends far too long at certain unnecessary scenes. The zombies act FAR too smart to be zombies, and selectively can run depending on the scene. Showing intellect and fine motor control necessary for the writing to continue in the directionWhile a great series with awesome zombie effects, season two of TWD is a mixed bag. The main reason it falls short is it ignores its own rules, and spends far too long at certain unnecessary scenes. The zombies act FAR too smart to be zombies, and selectively can run depending on the scene. Showing intellect and fine motor control necessary for the writing to continue in the direction the writer wanted, when alternatives are readily available. For example instead of having a zombie fall beside a car to scare away the little girl, the zombie... showing both intelligence and fine motor control: GETS DOWN TO LOOK. With a CLEAR care to not harm itself.

Its just a bizarre mixed bag that will leave the critical viewer a little frustrated at easily available mistakes. All in all its a good effort... but it needs to establish clear guidelines of what a zombie is and can do. And stick to them. Continuity and maintaining suspension of disbelief is the first rule in a fantastical setting like this.
  68. Oct 29, 2011
    I don't know how they did it, but they took this already amazing show and made it ten times as good for the second series. Better than most on television today, including Breaking Bad (but that's just my opinion).
  69. Oct 28, 2011
    The writing on this show is some of the most infuriatingly idiotic work I've ever seen. In season 1 they had to cover themselves in zombie gut to make sure they're not sniffed out. In season 2 all they have to do is hide underneath cars or put bodies on top of them. In season 1 if there is fluid exchange you get zombified. In season 2 no such thing. In season 1 if you stab a zombie bodyThe writing on this show is some of the most infuriatingly idiotic work I've ever seen. In season 1 they had to cover themselves in zombie gut to make sure they're not sniffed out. In season 2 all they have to do is hide underneath cars or put bodies on top of them. In season 1 if there is fluid exchange you get zombified. In season 2 no such thing. In season 1 if you stab a zombie body parts still move around and the zombie doesnt stay dead. In season 2 all knives are somehow magical. The characters are incredibly moronic. A zombie is looking for you. You hide in a closet. What do you do? You start fumbling around with a gun and then obviously drop it so the zombie comes after you. You know that if you get zombie blood in your mouth you turn into a zombie. What do you do? You stab the zombie repeatedly while your mouth is gaping open. Girl knows zombies follow sound. Starts crying. Zombies coming after you. Crouch behind a car right in front of the zombies, cut yourself on the car, then just start stumbling around. You tell a girl to stay here and that you'll come back for her. Girl leaves. In any situation just imagine what a person would the brains of a zombie would do and your prediction will be spot on.

Even though they're incredibly slow zombies will come out of nowhere, suddenly swarming the group in a vast open area. The **** with the characters. The hysteric acting. The moronic plot devices. Nice costumes, but who watches a show if the only redeeming part is the costumes?
  70. Oct 28, 2011
    I really enjoy this the first movie I ever saw about the dead coming back to life was Pet cemetery and then Night of the Living Dead staring bad ass Tony Todd and now there is a 3rd season of The Walking Dead I enjoy it great acting and entertainment not for kids lol .
  71. Oct 28, 2011
    I don't get all the hype that surrounds the Walking Dead. I've watched every episode so far and they only seem to be getting worse. It's basically Lost with zombies. The main character's accent is getting increasingly worse. His wife is totally annoying. Hardly any of the characters are likeable at all. I end up rooting for the zombies. If this show doesn't get better, I doubt I'll beI don't get all the hype that surrounds the Walking Dead. I've watched every episode so far and they only seem to be getting worse. It's basically Lost with zombies. The main character's accent is getting increasingly worse. His wife is totally annoying. Hardly any of the characters are likeable at all. I end up rooting for the zombies. If this show doesn't get better, I doubt I'll be around for season 3. Expand
  72. Oct 25, 2011
    Liked the first season. Now i'm excited to see what they can do with a bigger budget. I enjoyed the first couple episodes. There is more tension in this season than the previous. I'm really loving this series keep it up AMC. 9/10
  73. Oct 25, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Through the 2nd episode the season has been great. 1st episode was definitely better than the 2nd, which was a setup. T-Dog better not die. Writing is very good. Expand
  74. Oct 25, 2011
    AMC should break out the checkbook and provide better sets and scripts so the characters in Season 2 do more than wander in the woods and climb abandoned cars for 90 minutes, as they did in the season opener.
  75. RMF
    Oct 25, 2011
    Episode 1 was very disappointing, nothing really happened, okay they're stuck and more zombies... So what? I hope it get's better, I really enjoyed S1 and couldn't wait for this season, but what a terrible start.
  76. Oct 24, 2011
    The second season starts off to a great start worthy of the show's amazing first season. The show doesn't feel dumbed down like many zombie works can and once again the acting is great. Emotion and angst are common but are shown fairly realistic and effective.
  77. Oct 23, 2011
    Definitely a great TV show. On one hand, the acting is favorable, costumes are awesome, the atmosphere is intense, and the situations are unpredictable. The second season (well at least the first 2 episodes) is certainly more action-zombie-packed than the first but without sacrificing other aspects off it. Furthermore, the way the story unfolds is well written even though you would notDefinitely a great TV show. On one hand, the acting is favorable, costumes are awesome, the atmosphere is intense, and the situations are unpredictable. The second season (well at least the first 2 episodes) is certainly more action-zombie-packed than the first but without sacrificing other aspects off it. Furthermore, the way the story unfolds is well written even though you would not expect that from a zombie-based adventures. To sum up, a show worth watching. Expand
  78. Oct 23, 2011
    Season One Was "Good" Sometimes Really Good.. But Season Two So Far Is.... Ok.... Some Parts Honestly Seem To Drag On And On And On.. And You Just Want Them To End... Some Parts Are Really Scary Fun! Overall The Walking Dead Season 2 Is OK.
  79. Oct 21, 2011
    An excellently made show that manages to create a global apocalypse on a TV show budget. The tension is high, the action is exciting and the special effects look great. The acting is of a high caliber even if the characters portrayed don't fully engage the viewer. What is unfortunate is that the show hasn't got me hooked yet. Maybe it is down to the aforementioned lack of engagement withAn excellently made show that manages to create a global apocalypse on a TV show budget. The tension is high, the action is exciting and the special effects look great. The acting is of a high caliber even if the characters portrayed don't fully engage the viewer. What is unfortunate is that the show hasn't got me hooked yet. Maybe it is down to the aforementioned lack of engagement with characters or the general directionless nature of a show about survivors not knowing their next step. I enjoy watching the show but I don't see myself becoming a diehard fan. Expand
  80. Oct 19, 2011
    I love zombies and from Gorge Romero, has anyone managed to captivate the audience so with this series was so easy formula.

No doubt, stress, and time history helps a lot to this series, be sure to miss it.
  81. Oct 19, 2011
    This show is awesome! There are thrills, tense moments and gore. I believe it is one of the top 5 shows on TV today. If you like Zombies, Gore or just like watching a group of survivors implode check this show out!
  82. Oct 19, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. How is it that no one has pointed out how despicable the writing is for this show. I can think of no lazier device to convey a character's thoughts than the monologue to no one, but in S2E1 they did it no less than three times. The dialogue is borderline retarded, and they insist on having each character do the dumbest thing possible at all times. Why he hell did that little girl get out from under the car when the zombie herd hadn't passed by more than 5 seconds ago?! That wouldn't happen. Why would that idiotic blond woman who always has a stupid look on her face be fumbling in the bathroom clanking metal pieces together while simultaneously trying to hide from a zombie!? She wouldn't! There's just so much stupidity that goes on with this show that its hard to take and its really a shame that they're turning such great source material into such drivel. Expand
  83. Oct 18, 2011
    Action, Drama, Romance, Betrayal, and the feeling that you want more and more episodes is the thing that a good show needs. This zombie series has all of it. I personal watch it for the action and the real life problems that has happened and will happen in our life. Very good story, although I can think of a couple of endings that might happen in the future. In all its a great series,Action, Drama, Romance, Betrayal, and the feeling that you want more and more episodes is the thing that a good show needs. This zombie series has all of it. I personal watch it for the action and the real life problems that has happened and will happen in our life. Very good story, although I can think of a couple of endings that might happen in the future. In all its a great series, great story, and if your a zombie fan I recommend you see this show. Peace out yall. Stop haten and stop trollen Expand
  84. Oct 18, 2011
    Robert Kirkman's black-and-white "zombie apocalypse" graphic novel returns for a second televised season on AMC (which focuses mainly on films and only shows four other original series). That's right--THE WALKING DEAD is back, bloody, and better than ever.

Season 2 began with a sixty-six-minute premiere called "What Lies Ahead" (just as the first season did with "Days Gone Bye", the only episode so far to share its name with one of the installments in the graphic novel saga). The gist is generally the same as it was in season one: Deputy Rick Grime continues his ambitious journey of survival with his family and few surviving friends. Since he has finally reached Atlanta (his original destination), he must continue on his carnage-filled quest.

The only thing that's still up in the air with THE WALKING DEAD is that last statement. In other words, we are wondering, even after 6+ hours total of watching, when Rick Grimes is ever going to end his journey and how long it will take him to find a safe haven that's NOT inhabited with zombies (or, as the show refers to them, "walkers"). Or will he die on the way? Still, it's "gory with story" (the only good type of "gory"), entertaining, and a rarely superficial saga that leaves us hanging for a whole week or so--that week being the time in which a new episode is not airing. Suspenseful.
  85. Oct 18, 2011
    The Walking Dead returns after an average first season, by average i mean the beginning of the first season was so great with many good ideas and plenty of actions but then it started to get slower and slower with less and less actions, i kept watching but felt kinda disappointed cause i expected more.
    I watched the first episode of the second season and had the same feelings i had at the end of the first season, slow rhythm, people being in the same place for a whole episode, i kinda feel like nothing that could make their situation evolved was happening, and at the end of this first episode, they kind of step-back in the story.

Let's hope, it's going to change, cause i know this show can be way more better than what it is actually.
    We'll see at the end of this season.
  86. Oct 17, 2011
    Even better than last season, Season 2 opened with a bang. Following the disappointing finale of season 1 (the first 5 episodes were amazing) I was skeptical of where the show was headed- I could not have been happier with where it went. Amazing dialogue, incredible acting, "Jump in your seat" moments - the Season 2 premiere had it all. Here's hoping the remaining 12 episodes are just as good.
  87. Oct 17, 2011
    Season 1 was good for a Zombie TV series. Decent story line, great effects. Simple formula. Season 2 has all the same qualities but it seems a little more tied down with its somewhat amateur actors and more 'Greys Anatomy' sub plots. Gonna pass on this one this season.
  88. Oct 16, 2011
    Great show! Full of suspense and drastic situations. The choices made always have consequences. This season is a big difference from the first. This one is full of action and scares.
  89. Oct 16, 2011
    So despite all the changes behind the show, The Walking Dead still manages to be one of the most tense and thrilling shows out there with season 2 as of now. It also helps that this episode is following the comics a lot more than before, although that doesn't matter to me personally, as long as they tell a good story, which they sure as hell did with this episode.

1. Reviewed by: Matt Zoller Seitz
    Oct 21, 2011
    As we head into Season 2, it's becoming increasingly clear that they [the actors] can't make these characters interesting, because they're too thinly conceived.
  2. Reviewed by: Michelle Welch
    Oct 20, 2011
    In many ways, it was where the series ought to have begun.
  3. Reviewed by: Rob Owen
    Oct 17, 2011
    The show creates tension--through atmosphere and characters the audience cares about--and offers so many make-you-jump scares that by the end of an episode, you're left breathless.