The Walking Dead : Season 2

• Series Premiere Date: Oct 31, 2010
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
7.0

1. Nov 28, 2016
    good The midseason 2 finale was one of the greatest moments in TV history. I was skeptical about this series at first, but the storyline and character development are gripping. A must see.
  2. Nov 1, 2016
    I really enjoyed season one of this show. It was short, but to the point. It didn't feel short, which was a good thing. Although I liked season two, I didn't love it like season one. There's less action and at times seems kind of boring and slow. The finale is great, and there are two specific scenes which are still probably my favorite. No spoilers here. Fans probably know what I'mI really enjoyed season one of this show. It was short, but to the point. It didn't feel short, which was a good thing. Although I liked season two, I didn't love it like season one. There's less action and at times seems kind of boring and slow. The finale is great, and there are two specific scenes which are still probably my favorite. No spoilers here. Fans probably know what I'm talking about. Still, it's good and worth watching Expand
  3. Oct 15, 2016
    Season 2 continued to increase the awesomeness of this show! We got to see some new characters be brought into the series and as we get further into the apocalyptic world we see the introduction of bad people that are actually still people and not yet zombies.
  4. Aug 13, 2016
    This show continues to thrill with a new setting of the farm. And new characters also spice up the action and development. No spoilers but it's pretty good.
  5. May 21, 2016
    The Walking Dead season 2 was a gripping, frightening to death, unsettling masterpiece. From the first season to the second, there is a tremendous amount of character development including the character of Shane. Not only him, but the rest of the cast as well. The developers really succeeded it's dramatic portion while maintaining to keep us on the edge of a cliff; panicking for our livesThe Walking Dead season 2 was a gripping, frightening to death, unsettling masterpiece. From the first season to the second, there is a tremendous amount of character development including the character of Shane. Not only him, but the rest of the cast as well. The developers really succeeded it's dramatic portion while maintaining to keep us on the edge of a cliff; panicking for our lives through every single episode.

I adored this season! If you've haven't watched it, you're totally missing out on a lot of fun!

Rating: 10/10

D = 1.5
    D- = 1
    F = 0
  6. Apr 6, 2016
    While a great series with awesome zombie effects, season two of TWD is a mixed bag. The main reason it falls short is it ignores its own rules, and spends far too long at certain unnecessary scenes. The zombies act FAR too smart to be zombies, and selectively can run depending on the scene. Showing intellect and fine motor control necessary for the writing to continue in the direction theWhile a great series with awesome zombie effects, season two of TWD is a mixed bag. The main reason it falls short is it ignores its own rules, and spends far too long at certain unnecessary scenes. The zombies act FAR too smart to be zombies, and selectively can run depending on the scene. Showing intellect and fine motor control necessary for the writing to continue in the direction the writer wanted, when alternatives are readily available. For example instead of having a zombie fall beside a car to scare away the little girl, the zombie... showing both intelligence and fine motor control: GETS DOWN TO LOOK. With a CLEAR care to not harm itself.

Its just a bizarre mixed bag that will leave the critical viewer a little frustrated at easily available mistakes. All in all its a good effort... but it needs to establish clear guidelines of what a zombie is and can do. And stick to them. Continuity and maintaining suspension of disbelief is the first rule in a fantastical setting like this.
  7. Feb 15, 2016
    The Walking Dead's second season certainly seems to benefit from being watched all in one go rather than week to week on TV as many people would have. The search for Sophia for example, which took up too much time during the first half of the season (even if the conclusion to that storyline was well written) is far less frustrating when you see it all in a few days rather than have it dragThe Walking Dead's second season certainly seems to benefit from being watched all in one go rather than week to week on TV as many people would have. The search for Sophia for example, which took up too much time during the first half of the season (even if the conclusion to that storyline was well written) is far less frustrating when you see it all in a few days rather than have it drag on for a couple of months’ worth of viewing.

That doesn't mean the show isn't completely without its issues (some of the characters do some pretty stupid things considering there are monsters everywhere that want to eat them) but overall the show makes for an entertaining watch if you don't mind plenty of blood and gore, and there are plenty of surprises for people like me that have already read the graphic novels.
  8. Dec 29, 2015
    Of all the seasons I enjoyed this one the most. At this point the acting is literally Oscar-worthy (if there was an Oscar for tv-show acting). There's also some really great tension and cliffhangers that keeps you on the edge of your seat and keeps you interested in the show. But sadly for the people who watch this season weekly there are some episodes that are very slow-phased and whereOf all the seasons I enjoyed this one the most. At this point the acting is literally Oscar-worthy (if there was an Oscar for tv-show acting). There's also some really great tension and cliffhangers that keeps you on the edge of your seat and keeps you interested in the show. But sadly for the people who watch this season weekly there are some episodes that are very slow-phased and where not very exciting stuff happens. But if you watch it on blu-ray/dvd or streaming services over the course of a couple of days you don't get bothered by it. Over all: a pretty good second season of this amazing series. Expand
  9. Aug 6, 2015
    The first half of the season was quite disappointing. It spends way too much time caught up on one character. This emphasizes what I have said in a previous review about the show having weaker characters compared to other shows. The over concentration on one character means that some characters (obviously not Beth) are neglected in terms of character development. This goes some way toThe first half of the season was quite disappointing. It spends way too much time caught up on one character. This emphasizes what I have said in a previous review about the show having weaker characters compared to other shows. The over concentration on one character means that some characters (obviously not Beth) are neglected in terms of character development. This goes some way to losing some of the balance that season 1 had previously given the show. All of this being said, the latter half of the season was quite impressive, it has quite a few climactic moments as well as plenty of tension throughout. This makes for an average yet inconsistent season. Expand
  10. Jul 25, 2015
    Season two survives the walking dead thanks to a fascinating dissection of its characters. It may not be a step up from season one, but it's visually stunning and packs some heavy punches.
  11. May 28, 2015
    Esta temporada es lo mejor de The Walking Dead. Un poco flojo tal vez, muchas charlas innecesarias pero valen la pena con sus últimos 2 episodios. 9/10 Actuaciones geniales y historia buena, los zombies no pasan desapercibido
  12. Mar 30, 2015
    Season two survives the living dead thanks to a fascinating dissection of its characters. It may not be a step up from season one, but it's visually stunning and packs some heavy punches.
  13. Feb 23, 2015
    Season 2 is so much better than season 1. Season 1 was good but the show stepped it up even more in the writing all the characters and everything that happened in season 2 was so good I love it!
  14. Feb 23, 2015
    A lot of folks say that season 2 sucked or was too slow and I simply disagree. While of course season 2 was slow, in retrospect season 2 was really well written and has some great scenes and character development. I guess people don't really like to see character development in their shows. If you notice when a tv show has a slow burning episode with lots of development in it's charactersA lot of folks say that season 2 sucked or was too slow and I simply disagree. While of course season 2 was slow, in retrospect season 2 was really well written and has some great scenes and character development. I guess people don't really like to see character development in their shows. If you notice when a tv show has a slow burning episode with lots of development in it's characters people say it's boring and sucked and when there's an explosion they say they love it, it tells you something about people's tastes. They claim to like good writing but that's relative, to them good writing is simply explosions. Expand
  15. Sep 23, 2014
    #KillCarl

There is an uptick in the adventure from the initial character lay and as with every season an attempt to increase [needless] gore.

Never have I longed to have a character killed off in a series: #KillCarl
  16. Aug 19, 2014
  17. Jun 27, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Season 2 of Walking Dead Takes what was great in the previous and expands of everything making this the best show around. The walking dead legit, zombies is as common as zombies these days. But the story told is so well done! and the bigger budget really gives this series a whole know level of ideas and effects. Great acting! awesome zombies, and coll script. Will continuously leave you wanting more. Expand
  18. Jun 24, 2014
    The best season of The Walking Dead to date. Yes the first half does have a lot of filler but the payoff is so great that I didn't even care. The second half of the season is just non-stop fantastic television.
  19. Jun 24, 2014
    Really boring and slow in the beginning, but the show gets way better in the second half. This season alos has the best finale to date as it was crazy.
  20. May 18, 2014
    Not as good as the first season for sure. Some episodes were really boring and barley had anything happen in them that were important. Still some cool fight scenes and acting is still good. This season had some good character development but just some bland stories.The last couple episodes of the season were really good though.
  21. Mar 30, 2014
    The greatest thing about Season 2 is the fact that the Drama, even thought it may be a bit jarring and characters make some rather annoying decisions, is very spot on followed by some very satisfying kills and you can tell that time and effect went into the creation of this season, I mean who can say that the ending of Season 2 was terrible. only real complains about season 2 is pasting isThe greatest thing about Season 2 is the fact that the Drama, even thought it may be a bit jarring and characters make some rather annoying decisions, is very spot on followed by some very satisfying kills and you can tell that time and effect went into the creation of this season, I mean who can say that the ending of Season 2 was terrible. only real complains about season 2 is pasting is very slow and at times did almost boar me to tears, yet zombie killing and moments with Shane are just TENSE

22. Jan 6, 2014
    If the first season was perfection, in my opinion this is the perfect example of the "Sophomore Slump". It is still a great show, but it strayed far from the source material and spent (again, in my opinion) too much time at the farm. Overall though, the season ended on a high note and really picked up in the second half of the season. Still a great show and the perfect example of whyIf the first season was perfection, in my opinion this is the perfect example of the "Sophomore Slump". It is still a great show, but it strayed far from the source material and spent (again, in my opinion) too much time at the farm. Overall though, the season ended on a high note and really picked up in the second half of the season. Still a great show and the perfect example of why network TV is dead. Expand
  23. Jan 2, 2014
    This is undoubtedly the most riveting season of The Walking Dead yet. One part of the plot done impeccably well is Shane's oncoming mania. It proves that an apocalyptic wasteland can truly change the morals of those involved. Another interesting example of moral changes is Carl Grimes' transformation from the innocent son that missed his father to a doubtful, atheistic foul-mouth. ExtremeThis is undoubtedly the most riveting season of The Walking Dead yet. One part of the plot done impeccably well is Shane's oncoming mania. It proves that an apocalyptic wasteland can truly change the morals of those involved. Another interesting example of moral changes is Carl Grimes' transformation from the innocent son that missed his father to a doubtful, atheistic foul-mouth. Extreme character development on this season's part. It is more fast-moving than the first season and refrains from Rick's family reunion and thusly makes room for other characters. It is interesting to see how the consciences of the characters have dissipated and that makes it remarkable. Expand
  24. Dec 30, 2013
    Depois de uma ótima primeira temporada, a segunda decai um pouco de ritmo porém não tanto, a trama segue outros caminhos e muitos personagens bons se foram mesmo assim consegue ser boa.
  25. Nov 21, 2013
    Even more zombies, gore and violence. TWD is back, bros. There are better scares this time though, and less action, but nonetheless it's an epic season with a little bit of dialogue issues but still great. Andrew Lincoln was awesome and Lori was just getting better. TWD is a sexy lookup of the zombie infections and coarse violence.
  26. Nov 5, 2013
    This season is better than the first in my personal opinion. More emotional and awesome. And it takes time to get you into the characters and makes it harder to stop watching.
  27. Oct 19, 2013
    the second season of the walking dead did not start well as the series came from a good season and his pace was not as intense, but its recent episodes have made a dramatic turnaround with very good episodes.
  28. Oct 7, 2013
    It's not really better than the first season but that's all right. It's still a good show nonetheless. There's some great acting here. Though, it's not a revolutionary as other shows, it's still good. Entertaining.
  29. Oct 1, 2013
    The Walking Dead Season 2 beings exactly after the ending of Season 1 as the survivors are trying to find their way to a safe haven from the Zombies. The storyline takes them to a farm where they eventually meet new evils and dangers among new allies. The second season is more emotional than the first and is possibly the best character development out of all the seasons as far as Season 3The Walking Dead Season 2 beings exactly after the ending of Season 1 as the survivors are trying to find their way to a safe haven from the Zombies. The storyline takes them to a farm where they eventually meet new evils and dangers among new allies. The second season is more emotional than the first and is possibly the best character development out of all the seasons as far as Season 3 (this review is made afterwards). Majority of the characters who had little to no interaction from the first season has now a bigger part or role in this season which in the end brings them forth a incredible climax at the end. Expand
  30. Sep 24, 2013
    Amazing show! It has everything a zombie apocalypse show should have! The acting is outstanding and has an amazing storyline. It has you on edge always worried about each character and what is about to happen to the group next. Some episodes have even made me cry! Amazing! I'm going to write this for all 3 season because they all truly are brilliant! No complaints!

1. Reviewed by: Matt Zoller Seitz
    Oct 21, 2011
    As we head into Season 2, it's becoming increasingly clear that they [the actors] can't make these characters interesting, because they're too thinly conceived.
  2. Reviewed by: Michelle Welch
    Oct 20, 2011
    In many ways, it was where the series ought to have begun.
  3. Reviewed by: Rob Owen
    Oct 17, 2011
    The show creates tension--through atmosphere and characters the audience cares about--and offers so many make-you-jump scares that by the end of an episode, you're left breathless.