The Walking Dead : Season 2

• Series Premiere Date: Oct 31, 2010
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
7.0

1. Feb 15, 2016
    The Walking Dead's second season certainly seems to benefit from being watched all in one go rather than week to week on TV as many people would have. The search for Sophia for example, which took up too much time during the first half of the season (even if the conclusion to that storyline was well written) is far less frustrating when you see it all in a few days rather than have it dragThe Walking Dead's second season certainly seems to benefit from being watched all in one go rather than week to week on TV as many people would have. The search for Sophia for example, which took up too much time during the first half of the season (even if the conclusion to that storyline was well written) is far less frustrating when you see it all in a few days rather than have it drag on for a couple of months’ worth of viewing.

That doesn't mean the show isn't completely without its issues (some of the characters do some pretty stupid things considering there are monsters everywhere that want to eat them) but overall the show makes for an entertaining watch if you don't mind plenty of blood and gore, and there are plenty of surprises for people like me that have already read the graphic novels.
  2. Nov 28, 2011
    Last night was the mid-season finale and the episodes wont be back until February, so I decided to finally review this season of my favorite TV show, a lot of complaints have been made that there hasn't been a lot going on, and I have to admit it's not as action packed as the first season was, granted it's had it's moments of action and Zombie slaying goodness, but for most of this seasonLast night was the mid-season finale and the episodes wont be back until February, so I decided to finally review this season of my favorite TV show, a lot of complaints have been made that there hasn't been a lot going on, and I have to admit it's not as action packed as the first season was, granted it's had it's moments of action and Zombie slaying goodness, but for most of this season it's been more about the characters and how they are all coping with the new world, the things they encountered the first season, and the new problem that they now have, and you'll find no complaints from me, I found myself enjoying the characters more than ever, some have also said there's no tension and while I agree it's not as intense as the first season, but it's a new kind of intense, where your not only worrying about a possible attack from the "Walkers", but the actual members of the group snapping and killing each other, in closing it's not as good as the first season was but it's still awesome, and I will update my review if I feel it necessary after the official season finale in a couple of months. Expand
  3. Mar 28, 2012
    It started off slow this season but it quickly rebounded and now I can not wait for the next season to start. A must watch show that finally gives zombies from justice.
  4. Jun 24, 2014
    Really boring and slow in the beginning, but the show gets way better in the second half. This season alos has the best finale to date as it was crazy.
  5. Aug 13, 2016
    This show continues to thrill with a new setting of the farm. And new characters also spice up the action and development. No spoilers but it's pretty good.
  6. Jul 11, 2012
    The best fiction show in years. When my friends talked about it, I thought it was going to be some lame zombie show. But after they convinced me to watch it, I realized i was way wrong. The show is so awesome, I can hardly describe it. This is one of the best shows on TV, almost as good as Fear Factor, almost as good as America's Got Talent, almost as good as Frozen Planet. I might evenThe best fiction show in years. When my friends talked about it, I thought it was going to be some lame zombie show. But after they convinced me to watch it, I realized i was way wrong. The show is so awesome, I can hardly describe it. This is one of the best shows on TV, almost as good as Fear Factor, almost as good as America's Got Talent, almost as good as Frozen Planet. I might even start to read the comics. Can't wait for season 3. Expand
  7. Dec 30, 2013
    Depois de uma ótima primeira temporada, a segunda decai um pouco de ritmo porém não tanto, a trama segue outros caminhos e muitos personagens bons se foram mesmo assim consegue ser boa.
  8. Sep 23, 2014
    #KillCarl

There is an uptick in the adventure from the initial character lay and as with every season an attempt to increase [needless] gore.

Never have I longed to have a character killed off in a series: #KillCarl
  9. Jul 25, 2015
    Season two survives the walking dead thanks to a fascinating dissection of its characters. It may not be a step up from season one, but it's visually stunning and packs some heavy punches.
  10. Oct 23, 2011
    Season One Was "Good" Sometimes Really Good.. But Season Two So Far Is.... Ok.... Some Parts Honestly Seem To Drag On And On And On.. And You Just Want Them To End... Some Parts Are Really Scary Fun! Overall The Walking Dead Season 2 Is OK.
  11. Mar 30, 2014
    The greatest thing about Season 2 is the fact that the Drama, even thought it may be a bit jarring and characters make some rather annoying decisions, is very spot on followed by some very satisfying kills and you can tell that time and effect went into the creation of this season, I mean who can say that the ending of Season 2 was terrible. only real complains about season 2 is pasting isThe greatest thing about Season 2 is the fact that the Drama, even thought it may be a bit jarring and characters make some rather annoying decisions, is very spot on followed by some very satisfying kills and you can tell that time and effect went into the creation of this season, I mean who can say that the ending of Season 2 was terrible. only real complains about season 2 is pasting is very slow and at times did almost boar me to tears, yet zombie killing and moments with Shane are just TENSE

12. Jan 11, 2012
    Sorry fat people! Lets just say if it ever comes to this...Im going to India where there are more vegetarians. The only Zombie show taken seriously as a WAKE UP call in how survivors will deal with world cataclysm. According to experts after a few days of catastrophe without food/water people turn to CANNIBALISM! go diet
  13. Aug 27, 2013
    The first half bogged down but the second one more than made for it. There were some memorable moments. Daryl continues to be my favorite character. Quite frankly, if he were to die, I would quit watching. The deaths of several characters were used to good effect. The last three episodes were exceptionally good. There were very few walkers encountered by the group, but whenever they were,The first half bogged down but the second one more than made for it. There were some memorable moments. Daryl continues to be my favorite character. Quite frankly, if he were to die, I would quit watching. The deaths of several characters were used to good effect. The last three episodes were exceptionally good. There were very few walkers encountered by the group, but whenever they were, the fights were always epic. Expand
  14. Oct 19, 2013
    the second season of the walking dead did not start well as the series came from a good season and his pace was not as intense, but its recent episodes have made a dramatic turnaround with very good episodes.
  15. Mar 30, 2015
    Season two survives the living dead thanks to a fascinating dissection of its characters. It may not be a step up from season one, but it's visually stunning and packs some heavy punches.
  16. Aug 19, 2014
  17. Oct 18, 2011
    Robert Kirkman's black-and-white "zombie apocalypse" graphic novel returns for a second televised season on AMC (which focuses mainly on films and only shows four other original series). That's right--THE WALKING DEAD is back, bloody, and better than ever.

Season 2 began with a sixty-six-minute premiere called "What Lies Ahead" (just as the first season did with "Days Gone Bye", the only episode so far to share its name with one of the installments in the graphic novel saga). The gist is generally the same as it was in season one: Deputy Rick Grime continues his ambitious journey of survival with his family and few surviving friends. Since he has finally reached Atlanta (his original destination), he must continue on his carnage-filled quest.

The only thing that's still up in the air with THE WALKING DEAD is that last statement. In other words, we are wondering, even after 6+ hours total of watching, when Rick Grimes is ever going to end his journey and how long it will take him to find a safe haven that's NOT inhabited with zombies (or, as the show refers to them, "walkers"). Or will he die on the way? Still, it's "gory with story" (the only good type of "gory"), entertaining, and a rarely superficial saga that leaves us hanging for a whole week or so--that week being the time in which a new episode is not airing. Suspenseful.
  18. Feb 3, 2012
    With top notch performances from Andrew Lincoln, Jon Bernthal, Laurie Holden, Sarah Wayne Callies and Norman Reedus, what's not to love about The Walking Dead? Due to a great ensemble cast and some of the best writers and directors in the game (most of them are responsible for writing and directing for some of the best shows on television, including: Breaking Bad, The Sopranos, The Wire,With top notch performances from Andrew Lincoln, Jon Bernthal, Laurie Holden, Sarah Wayne Callies and Norman Reedus, what's not to love about The Walking Dead? Due to a great ensemble cast and some of the best writers and directors in the game (most of them are responsible for writing and directing for some of the best shows on television, including: Breaking Bad, The Sopranos, The Wire, The Shield, Rescue Me, and Sons of Anarchy) The Walking Dead has became a mega-hit and due to a large fan base (Although some of you don't appreciate the Walking Dead's brilliance as much as others) a rating's juggernaut. Expand
  19. Mar 13, 2013
    Started off reasonable, headed into mediocre territory, and finally finished strongly. Several characters are often unreasonable and annoying. The uninteresting dialogue they are handed makes the already slow plot glacially paced. The Sophia missing plot frustrated me to no end, with it's slow place and seemingly never-arriving resolution, thought when its resolution is very powerful.TheStarted off reasonable, headed into mediocre territory, and finally finished strongly. Several characters are often unreasonable and annoying. The uninteresting dialogue they are handed makes the already slow plot glacially paced. The Sophia missing plot frustrated me to no end, with it's slow place and seemingly never-arriving resolution, thought when its resolution is very powerful.The strongest episodes are packed at the latter end of the season and redeemed what could have been a lost season. The lone exception involves Shane shaving his head at the beginning and end of the episode. 7.4/10 Expand
  20. Oct 7, 2013
    It's not really better than the first season but that's all right. It's still a good show nonetheless. There's some great acting here. Though, it's not a revolutionary as other shows, it's still good. Entertaining.
  21. Apr 2, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The critically acclaimed Walking Dead returns with a second season amid high expectations following on from a great first season which benefited from being only six episodes long and contained some zombie scenes that delivered unbelievable suspense.

Unfortunately the second season only hits these highs on a few occasions, most notably at the beginning and during the second half. The decision to extend the season to thirteen episodes did not help the writers, who struggled to really fill the additional time with any meaningful story lines. Most viewers watch TWD for zombie action, and while I understand it takes periods of calm to build suspense and surprise in between the zombie action, these periods lasted too long this time around.

After a great first episode with an impressive zombie herd scene, the first half of the season is dominated by the missing Sophia and the search to find her. This storyline dragged on for several weeks too long, especially bearing in mind that we were barely introduced to her in the first season. In order to continue the search the group settles at an occupied farm nearby. The group remain here until the final episode and this gives the action a different feel from the first season. Settling down and not moving on through zombie infested roads and towns allows the writers to develop some of the characters, in some instances using the relationships with the farm occupants. It is at this point that the season starts to slow down and becomes too much of a soap opera. Trips away from the farm occasionally come across the odd zombie but the threat seems largely relegated in place of group tensions, cat fights and a love story. The merging of the survivors with the farm occupants leads to a clash of mentalities, those with first hand experience of the current world and those keeping faith in the chance of a cure. This provides the writers the opportunity to inject a spiritual point of view to proceedings that is ultimately disproved. Also, the terror of zombies that the group originally had seems to become less as the season progresses until almost all group members appear to become skilled and too confident in zombie killing. This only serves to lessen the suspense when we are treated to occasional zombie moments.

The season begins to improve dramatically when Shane, gradually spiralling out of control throughout the season, opens Hershel's barn and the Sophia story line is put to bed in brutal fashion. From this point on the action predominantly revolves around Shane and Rick, and the growing tension between them. Shane is the stand-out character of the cast, and driven by his belief that Rick is weak, ruthlessly strives to protect Lori and Carl. Starting by killing Otis, and next opening the barn, he butts heads with Rick throughout the season and the tension reaches boiling point when he decides to kill the prisoner Randall, leading to a fist fight surrounded by zombies that almost costs both men their lives. In the end it is Lori who unwittingly sets in motion a series of events that occupy the last two episodes by revealing to him that he may well be the father of her baby. The events to come are hinted at when Rick comments that Randall (loose in the woods having been freed) is not the only threat out there and they should look out for each other. Referring to the potential zombies, Rick may also have been aware of what was to come.

The barn burns in the backdrop of an impressively choreographed last stand in the season finale, signifying the end of their time at the farm as the group flee to pastures unknown. A third season is confirmed and it looks as though the social dynamics of the group may be shifting. Following on from his actions, Rick's position is in question, even with Lori and Carl and he lays the law down as dictator. The finale certainly posed questions to be answered by season three, what are the implications of being infected, who is the mystery gentleman that saved Andrea and where will the group head now. And will Merle ever catch up with them!
  22. Aug 6, 2015
    The first half of the season was quite disappointing. It spends way too much time caught up on one character. This emphasizes what I have said in a previous review about the show having weaker characters compared to other shows. The over concentration on one character means that some characters (obviously not Beth) are neglected in terms of character development. This goes some way toThe first half of the season was quite disappointing. It spends way too much time caught up on one character. This emphasizes what I have said in a previous review about the show having weaker characters compared to other shows. The over concentration on one character means that some characters (obviously not Beth) are neglected in terms of character development. This goes some way to losing some of the balance that season 1 had previously given the show. All of this being said, the latter half of the season was quite impressive, it has quite a few climactic moments as well as plenty of tension throughout. This makes for an average yet inconsistent season. Expand
  23. Nov 9, 2012
    This season needed to give more than it did. It's holding back from us. Why?
  24. Nov 29, 2012
    One of the best seasons of one of the best shows of all time. I am not a zombie person - little to no interest in most zombie-themed things. But, like all truly great shows, The Walking Dead uses a somewhat outlandish plot to tell a story that is about so much more. It literally felt like my heart was being ripped out of my chest - and I loved every moment of it. I literally can'tOne of the best seasons of one of the best shows of all time. I am not a zombie person - little to no interest in most zombie-themed things. But, like all truly great shows, The Walking Dead uses a somewhat outlandish plot to tell a story that is about so much more. It literally felt like my heart was being ripped out of my chest - and I loved every moment of it. I literally can't think of any piece of entertainment that has touched me as much as this - in large part due to the amazing storytellers and phenomenal actors in ever part of this ensemble cast. The themes of each season are so strong, and the plot is so literary - characters behave as real people, people that you know in your own life. I have had long conversations about The Walking Dead with everyone I meet who watches it - like all great works of art, I want to discuss it and share it with as many people as possible. Seeing anyone hating on this show makes me lose all hope for humanity when it comes to finding good entertainment. This show is the best. Expand
  25. Nov 5, 2013
    This season is better than the first in my personal opinion. More emotional and awesome. And it takes time to get you into the characters and makes it harder to stop watching.
  26. Nov 7, 2011
    I loved the first season and i already love the second. This show has to be up there in the list of best shows of all time. I have never been so captivated nor terrified by a show ever before. It just doesn't even seem possible that this is a show. It's like a movie and theres a sequel a week and they just keep getting better and better. Great season so far for an amazing show.
  27. Oct 21, 2011
    An excellently made show that manages to create a global apocalypse on a TV show budget. The tension is high, the action is exciting and the special effects look great. The acting is of a high caliber even if the characters portrayed don't fully engage the viewer. What is unfortunate is that the show hasn't got me hooked yet. Maybe it is down to the aforementioned lack of engagement withAn excellently made show that manages to create a global apocalypse on a TV show budget. The tension is high, the action is exciting and the special effects look great. The acting is of a high caliber even if the characters portrayed don't fully engage the viewer. What is unfortunate is that the show hasn't got me hooked yet. Maybe it is down to the aforementioned lack of engagement with characters or the general directionless nature of a show about survivors not knowing their next step. I enjoy watching the show but I don't see myself becoming a diehard fan. Expand
  28. Oct 15, 2016
    Season 2 continued to increase the awesomeness of this show! We got to see some new characters be brought into the series and as we get further into the apocalyptic world we see the introduction of bad people that are actually still people and not yet zombies.
  29. Feb 24, 2013
    Season 2 is considerably weaker than season 1, largely due to the survivors being in 1 location for the entire season, and focusing much more on human drama, which at many times feels very boring, fake and unimportant. Nonetheless an okay season for a great show.
  30. Oct 14, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Season 2 picks up where season 1 left. The first episode I remember was extremely well done - I was definitely looking forward to the next. Sadly, as the show progressed through the first half of the season, it became disappointing to realize that the culmination of the first 7 episodes (or maybe 6, too lazy to go back and check.) was simply the idea that Sophia was dead, which I was predicting since the second episode. The pick up was when the characters started to go at each other in the last few episodes - the group is no longer one piece as the series ends with a great demonstration of frustration and sacrifice. Rick is no longer looking for discussion, he is the leader now, and that fact scares much of the group. Season 3 is looking excellent. Fight the Dead, Fear the Living. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Matt Zoller Seitz
    Oct 21, 2011
    As we head into Season 2, it's becoming increasingly clear that they [the actors] can't make these characters interesting, because they're too thinly conceived.
  2. Reviewed by: Michelle Welch
    Oct 20, 2011
    In many ways, it was where the series ought to have begun.
  3. Reviewed by: Rob Owen
    Oct 17, 2011
    The show creates tension--through atmosphere and characters the audience cares about--and offers so many make-you-jump scares that by the end of an episode, you're left breathless.