• Network: AMC
  • Series Premiere Date: Oct 31, 2010
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5
7.6

1. Oct 23, 2011
    Definitely a great TV show. On one hand, the acting is favorable, costumes are awesome, the atmosphere is intense, and the situations are unpredictable. The second season (well at least the first 2 episodes) is certainly more action-zombie-packed than the first but without sacrificing other aspects off it. Furthermore, the way the story unfolds is well written even though you would not expect that from a zombie-based adventures. To sum up, a show worth watching. Expand
  2. Oct 16, 2011
    Great show! Full of suspense and drastic situations. The choices made always have consequences. This season is a big difference from the first. This one is full of action and scares.
  3. Nov 21, 2011
    I think this show is way better than the 1st season. It shows more about everyones past and just doesnt stay stuck to Rick. And the zombie killing is better too. Overall i think the show is better.
  4. Mar 11, 2012
    The season has been been really good, and I think the last three episodes should put to rest any of the hate aimed at the season so far. I don't want to give it away, but people who weren't too thrilled with the episode seriously need to check out the last three leading up to the finale.
  5. Oct 16, 2011
    So despite all the changes behind the show, The Walking Dead still manages to be one of the most tense and thrilling shows out there with season 2 as of now. It also helps that this episode is following the comics a lot more than before, although that doesn't matter to me personally, as long as they tell a good story, which they sure as hell did with this episode.
  6. Oct 25, 2011
    This review contains spoilers. Through the 2nd episode the season has been great. 1st episode was definitely better than the 2nd, which was a setup. T-Dog better not die. Writing is very good. Collapse
  7. Nov 23, 2011
    This is a great show, something everyone noticed in the first season. Everyone seems to be complaining about Season 2 because its slower, and the storyline isn't advancing, and there isn't as much zombie killing etc. For starters it's a longer season, therefore they are using the time for character development (something essential if the show is meant to last, and I say it has a very good chance). It's like letting food settle before dessert, relax people, the zombie killing gory action we all love will soon be back (with characters we'll feel even stronger about). Expand
  8. Nov 8, 2011
    Is anyone else getting bored this season? Wow, I was looking forward to this season so much and now I'm already bored. Seemed like episodes during the first season were more "meaty" and now in the second season they drag on. Four episodes in and we're STILL looking for a lost girl. This should have been resolved by the end of the third episode.
  9. Mar 16, 2012
    People love to nit-pick and moan and as soon as you see that in a review, stop reading. You're never going to get a balanced review when people rip into it like that - so he's my attempt of a balance review. Season 1 was yes, fantastic, but in 6 episodes, there's not much time to do wrong. For season 2, over double that have been made and therefore the action needs to be spread out more. This show is all about human emotion and tragedy, not blowing zombie brains out every 5 minutes. Being the first zombie TV series, the likes of gamers will have been immediately attracted to this show and of course human emotion doesn't exist these types of games, it's all about the action. So as soon as these fans started watching season 2, I believe they were shocked to see people talking about their feelings more than seeing heads being blown off. But in reality, this technique has actually been really effective. For other fans of the show, too much zombie killing and confrontation would get boring way too quickly, and suddenly the frequent appearance of the zombies, would make them less frightening, as the more we see and learn about the unknown, the less effect it has on us. However by having the zombies appear in small groups, only here and there during the season has built the tension up brilliantly, especially up to towards the end of the first half of the season. When they all suddenly appear, it makes the action much more intense, wild and unpredictable compared to how it would be if the zombies were the main focus of the show. In the second half of season 2 this use of bringing in the zombies at climatic points in virtually each episode has solidified this show as the best since Lost for me as the intensity continues to rise, whilst still holding a balance with human emotion - and the season finale looks to be possibly the best episode yet. Yes, at times during the first 5 episodes perhaps there was a little bit too much talk and I'll admit I was a little bored from time to time, but like I said, the lack of major events was a brilliant ploy leading us into the final episode of 2011. And again, I reiterate that most of the bad reviews will be coming from action-hungry gamers who instead got a taste of the undesirable, yet extremely relevant physiological effects of this type of scenario. There are also fans of the comics obviously watching this series, however they too need to understand one point - what works in a comic won't work in a TV series. Some things just aren't workable and that has to be accepted! So all in all I'd say that this season of TWD has turned out to be even better than the first, it's just a shame that yes, the first half was a little too uneventful but an even bigger shame that people can't accept the relevance of these episodes and move on. Expand
  10. Oct 17, 2011
    Even better than last season, Season 2 opened with a bang. Following the disappointing finale of season 1 (the first 5 episodes were amazing) I was skeptical of where the show was headed- I could not have been happier with where it went. Amazing dialogue, incredible acting, "Jump in your seat" moments - the Season 2 premiere had it all. Here's hoping the remaining 12 episodes are just as good.
  11. Oct 19, 2011
    This show is awesome! There are thrills, tense moments and gore. I believe it is one of the top 5 shows on TV today. If you like Zombies, Gore or just like watching a group of survivors implode check this show out!
  12. Oct 19, 2011
    I love zombies and from Gorge Romero, has anyone managed to captivate the audience so with this series was so easy formula.

No doubt, stress, and time history helps a lot to this series, be sure to miss it.
  13. Nov 7, 2011
    I loved the first season and i already love the second. This show has to be up there in the list of best shows of all time. I have never been so captivated nor terrified by a show ever before. It just doesn't even seem possible that this is a show. It's like a movie and theres a sequel a week and they just keep getting better and better. Great season so far for an amazing show.
  14. Dec 16, 2011
    This has been one of the most breath taking series i have watched recently. You experience the emotions of frustration, anger, happiness, sadness etc. and you do experience an emotion for each character. It really does take you for a ride, and from what i've been hearing season 2 from other opinions on here, has been long stretched out and really not heading anywhere. From a personal opinion it was necessary to draw the season out the way it did, i'm not going to give details as to why, as minor details could lead to serious spoilers. Just watch the whole series and you'll see what I mean ;). Expand
  15. Jul 19, 2012
    I delayed watching the second season due to so many negative comments from friends and also other reviewers on the web. I realize now what a mistake it's been. What are people on? The second season was great. I think they really did a good job portraying what the human mind could have gone through in a zombified world while keeping the action flowing.

watch and judge for yourself, i'm
    sure you wont be disappointed (unless you jump on the hate bandwagon) Expand
  16. Nov 17, 2011
    The Walking Dead is a fresh air, after 5 years of boring zombie movies.
    Their undead are hungry for the warmth of life. And the living, hungry to take other lives.
    And the best? no undead riding a horse or trying to talk! Thank you Kirkman!
  17. Nov 17, 2011
    While the second season has yet to step out of the shadow of its first-season older brother, The Walking Dead still maintains the necessary devices of a good show. The first season, a meager six episodes long, often relied on action and big-budget stunts to keep the plot moving. If anything, season 2 has matured, developing the characters instead of relying on the flashy topes and cliches of zombie films. The original graphic novel by Robert Kirkman focuses more on the characters' survival and less on daring deeds or overly-powerful undead antagonists. Season two takes a step in this direction, something sure to please any long-time Walking Dead fan. That having been said, as the episode count rises, the plot relies too heavily on past events. A prime example of this is the ongoing search for Sophia, who disappeared in the season premier. That having been said and assuming the coming episodes continue to advance the plot, The Walking Dead should be here to stay. Expand
  18. Nov 21, 2011
    I hope they keep on going on with more seasons. This new season is everything you can ask for. Sex, lust, drama, and of course zombie killing. Perfect show :D
  19. Mar 3, 2012
    Still waiting for this creepy and dramatic television series. acting writing directing and visuals are all up to snuff and exceed the standards we hold.
  20. pkd
    Nov 15, 2011
    excellent plot and acting. It's darkest in the beginning and then it become less gorish and more dramatic with interesting plot lines. I love it very much.
  21. Feb 3, 2012
    With top notch performances from Andrew Lincoln, Jon Bernthal, Laurie Holden, Sarah Wayne Callies and Norman Reedus, what's not to love about The Walking Dead? Due to a great ensemble cast and some of the best writers and directors in the game (most of them are responsible for writing and directing for some of the best shows on television, including: Breaking Bad, The Sopranos, The Wire, The Shield, Rescue Me, and Sons of Anarchy) The Walking Dead has became a mega-hit and due to a large fan base (Although some of you don't appreciate the Walking Dead's brilliance as much as others) a rating's juggernaut. Expand
  22. Oct 18, 2011
    Robert Kirkman's black-and-white "zombie apocalypse" graphic novel returns for a second televised season on AMC (which focuses mainly on films and only shows four other original series). That's right--THE WALKING DEAD is back, bloody, and better than ever.

Season 2 began with a sixty-six-minute premiere called "What Lies Ahead" (just as the first season did with "Days Gone Bye", the
    only episode so far to share its name with one of the installments in the graphic novel saga). The gist is generally the same as it was in season one: Deputy Rick Grime continues his ambitious journey of survival with his family and few surviving friends. Since he has finally reached Atlanta (his original destination), he must continue on his carnage-filled quest.

The only thing that's still up in the air with THE WALKING DEAD is that last statement. In other words, we are wondering, even after 6+ hours total of watching, when Rick Grimes is ever going to end his journey and how long it will take him to find a safe haven that's NOT inhabited with zombies (or, as the show refers to them, "walkers"). Or will he die on the way? Still, it's "gory with story" (the only good type of "gory"), entertaining, and a rarely superficial saga that leaves us hanging for a whole week or so--that week being the time in which a new episode is not airing. Suspenseful.
  23. Oct 29, 2011
    I don't know how they did it, but they took this already amazing show and made it ten times as good for the second series. Better than most on television today, including Breaking Bad (but that's just my opinion).
  24. Oct 25, 2011
    Liked the first season. Now i'm excited to see what they can do with a bigger budget. I enjoyed the first couple episodes. There is more tension in this season than the previous. I'm really loving this series keep it up AMC. 9/10
  25. Nov 28, 2011
    After seeing the first half of the season, I am quite satisfied. I am a major zombie fanatic and as such this show was already right up my alley and it hasn't disappointed me yet. The last minute epic reveal in the halfway finale concluded a major story arch (my god was it epic) and I'm excited for the direction this show is headed in going forward. I was tempted to give it a ten but realistically I know it isn't perfect, which is what a 10 would imply. I can't wait for it to restart up in february, its gonna be a long winter without the walking dead Expand
  26. Nov 28, 2011
    We can say that these 6 episodes are really successful. The special effects are very well made, the actors play very well and the script keeps the viewer in suspense throughout the season. Note the presence of the actress Sarah Wayne Callies who plays Dr. Sara Tancredi on Prison Break. Hopefully the chain AMC will renew this series for the following year. The appointment of the series to the next Golden Globe Awards but mostly the result obtained at the ceremony will probably be determined on its back in a second season. Expand
  27. Dec 3, 2011
    Brilliant!!!! Finally a zombie apocalyptic show that's not cheesy and done very well. great character development in the second season. Im glad they slowed the zombie down and developed the stories and characters better, just as good as first season just different.
  28. Mar 19, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I would like to start by saying i am an avid reader of the comics, with that said i am in love with this show, and so excited for the return in October. For me as one who has read the comics, i thought that the events were going to play out like they did in the comics, despite knowing that they were already doing things differently. Some of the bigger events were still around like: carl getting shot and the barn full of walkers. but the other additions, i thought were excellent and i never really thought that the show had an episode that lacked this season, neither last season. but a show of this caliber that keeps writing consistent and doesnt have to rely on action sequences to keep entertaining, is a really nice change of pace and is the reason why i watch AMC and other stations like showtime and HBO. Expand
  29. Mar 28, 2012
    It started off slow this season but it quickly rebounded and now I can not wait for the next season to start. A must watch show that finally gives zombies from justice.
  30. Feb 24, 2012
    so good so far! really interested in what way there going to go with shane he is losing it more every episode! also that scene at the barn was one of the greatest moments in tv iv seen in a long time! also cant wait for merle to come back cause you just know his going to kill someone!

1. Reviewed by: Matt Zoller Seitz
    Oct 21, 2011
    As we head into Season 2, it's becoming increasingly clear that they [the actors] can't make these characters interesting, because they're too thinly conceived.
  2. Reviewed by: Michelle Welch
    Oct 20, 2011
    In many ways, it was where the series ought to have begun.
  3. Reviewed by: Rob Owen
    Oct 17, 2011
    The show creates tension--through atmosphere and characters the audience cares about--and offers so many make-you-jump scares that by the end of an episode, you're left breathless.