• Network: AMC
  • Series Premiere Date: Oct 31, 2010
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
7.2

1. Mar 8, 2012
    Disappointing! I liked the show until it went WAY off track from the comics. I understand the show cannot and should not follow the comics exactly, but the comics are popular for a reason. Killing off some of the most crucial, interesting characters while keeping others that barely utter a sentence is just poor writing. The zombies are the only character that have any real motivation andDisappointing! I liked the show until it went WAY off track from the comics. I understand the show cannot and should not follow the comics exactly, but the comics are popular for a reason. Killing off some of the most crucial, interesting characters while keeping others that barely utter a sentence is just poor writing. The zombies are the only character that have any real motivation and consistently follow through with it. Talk about ruining a good thing. These writers are simply going for easy shock value making the show just as crap as the other shows soon to be canceled. Good riddance. Expand
  2. Dec 15, 2011
    What a bore of show! the whole thing was based on finding the little girl? Season 1 wasnt perfect, but it had its moments. season 2 on the other hand, is slow, does not have enough zombies, the end of the world atmosphere is not there. The only good episode was the last one.
  3. Nov 24, 2011
    The only people on this cast who deserve praise are the costume designers and makeup people, because the zombies all look excellent. But the characters are thin and boring, the plotlines plodding and unimaginative, and the whole thing is slowmoving and dull. Like a zombie.
  4. Nov 20, 2011
    first season was pretty good, this one... not so much. the writing has gone by the wayside and the only good actor in the show is the one who plays dale. the problem with that is the writers try to make him the unlikable character, the rest are just husks and cliches. rick talking to a jesus statue as if it were a real person who would return dialogue, laughable. those who pray do not tryfirst season was pretty good, this one... not so much. the writing has gone by the wayside and the only good actor in the show is the one who plays dale. the problem with that is the writers try to make him the unlikable character, the rest are just husks and cliches. rick talking to a jesus statue as if it were a real person who would return dialogue, laughable. those who pray do not try to hollywoodize what could have been a great moment in the show, but poorly poorly executed. i still hold out hope for it as the first season was pretty good Expand
  5. Nov 11, 2011
    Bad. Too bad. No story. Pathetic characters, silly situations, unbearable lines... Four episodes so long oand the story is not going in any place. Dull boring and predictable. I really do not understand how can receive a metascore of 81! Epic fail.
  6. Nov 18, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Me and my girlfriend have been waiting impatiently for season 1 of one of the best first season of a TV series we saw in a long time, Dexter being the only real competitor, going strong for 6 seasons. We expected The Walking Dead to be as strong, or maybe even stronger as the seasons go. But then I saw episode one and painfully saw episode two.... three. And four... Read some of the reviews and was mesmerized. The main points of the reviews are that it is unpredictable, the suspense is intense and the costumes are great. I must admit the costumes are great. But there was a strong feeling of predictability. Four episodes searching for a kid? Really? Half an episode trying to save one single water well when there are 4 more on the property that ended up in being contaminated anyways? I was pretty good at guessing what was going to happen as I predicted that what would probably happen was what would not move the story further. And I was right.

Some stuff was surprising, of course, a few scenes were still pretty cool but all the "situations" created ended up being boring and bottom line stalling the entire season into an oblivion of ideas, creativity and leaving the series hang on only a few unmemorable scenes of single zombie attack, a two minutes of pathetic sex and many many attempts for a deeper story line failing at mediocre redundant dialogues, uninteresting characters and cheap religious debates. 80% of the first four episodes could be removed and we would be at the same exact point. Bored already.

In fact, everything season 1 was, season 2 isnâ
  7. Nov 22, 2011
    I loved the first series, but this series (2) is dreadful. The first was about survival, escape, being the last-people-on-earth, horror, suspense, chase scenes and excitement. It had great twists, good writing, and was fun to watch. You know, the stuff you expect from this genre. Now it's about about pregnancies, and inter-relationship hassles. Now that they are on a farm, I wouldn't beI loved the first series, but this series (2) is dreadful. The first was about survival, escape, being the last-people-on-earth, horror, suspense, chase scenes and excitement. It had great twists, good writing, and was fun to watch. You know, the stuff you expect from this genre. Now it's about about pregnancies, and inter-relationship hassles. Now that they are on a farm, I wouldn't be surprised to see this turning into a series about farming.

EVERYTHING that was good, no GREAT, about the first series is gone. In episode 5 for example, we had to the two main leads spending five minutes talking in a forest about girlfriends and sexual exploits from high school! Now I know characters need fleshing out, but it also needs to be relevant. I want to know that I'm being taken somewhere, not in circles leading nowhere. It seems like there's 30 minutes of bland filler in every episode now. Did they run out of money? Ideas? Where has the suspense gone? And I don't mean the 'soap opera' suspense about "Who is the father?" or "Will-they-won't-they?" Bring back the zombies, put in some more action of the type that is demanded, and necessary, of this genre, because it's in danger of leaving the genre behind and becoming The Waltons.
  8. Feb 10, 2012
    You can't be serious, who writes this tripe? I love having zombies on the box but could they not afford some decent writers? Those idiots are gonna get this show cut. Honestly, anyone who gave this a 10 has been beaten down by mediocrity on the small screen. Raise your standards everyone. Hope the zombies eat all but one of the characters (Sarah, bless her) before starting on the writers.
  9. Mar 30, 2012
    The 1st season was very good, because they had the aim of getting to the CDC and the zombies were a constant threat on the journey there with many fights along the way. Season 2 has no overall aim except to survive. In the first 4 episodes pretty much nothing at all happens. The plot just slows to a crawl and then a complete stop. They stay in one place and take far too long looking for aThe 1st season was very good, because they had the aim of getting to the CDC and the zombies were a constant threat on the journey there with many fights along the way. Season 2 has no overall aim except to survive. In the first 4 episodes pretty much nothing at all happens. The plot just slows to a crawl and then a complete stop. They stay in one place and take far too long looking for a missing person, and talk about the past and feelings and praying. Season 1 was an action survival horror show, season 2 is basically a soap that happens to be set on a farm during the zombpocalpse. They don't even fill the void with character development. Not only does they show do nothing to make you care about most of the characters but there are several of them I really wished would die as soon as possible. A zombie show should not make you root for the zombies, but this does. Expand
  10. Mar 28, 2012
    After the fantastic first season, The Walking Dead seemed like it was going to be one of these unbeatable shows. I went in expecting greatness, but ended in this zombie infested, convoluted Purgatory of a TV show. All the momentum generated by the first season completely vanished, leaving me feel like the first season had nothing to do with the second. Pacing was nearly comatose throughoutAfter the fantastic first season, The Walking Dead seemed like it was going to be one of these unbeatable shows. I went in expecting greatness, but ended in this zombie infested, convoluted Purgatory of a TV show. All the momentum generated by the first season completely vanished, leaving me feel like the first season had nothing to do with the second. Pacing was nearly comatose throughout the second season, with some instances of life shown through action sequences and "unexpected events." Remaining on a farm for an entire season was one of the worst ideas in terms of characterization and the overall role of the show. A bunch of people forced to live on a farm together will definitely cause drama and confrontations; zombies are not required for any of that. The show began to focus on ideas and situations that other shows like Dexter and Breaking Bad have analyzed masterfully. The Walking Dead needs to find its groove and use the zombie apocalypse to its full advantage. Action sequences, costumes, and overall art style are the only subjects keeping from giving this season a flat out 0. Expand
  11. Oct 19, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. How is it that no one has pointed out how despicable the writing is for this show. I can think of no lazier device to convey a character's thoughts than the monologue to no one, but in S2E1 they did it no less than three times. The dialogue is borderline retarded, and they insist on having each character do the dumbest thing possible at all times. Why he hell did that little girl get out from under the car when the zombie herd hadn't passed by more than 5 seconds ago?! That wouldn't happen. Why would that idiotic blond woman who always has a stupid look on her face be fumbling in the bathroom clanking metal pieces together while simultaneously trying to hide from a zombie!? She wouldn't! There's just so much stupidity that goes on with this show that its hard to take and its really a shame that they're turning such great source material into such drivel. Expand
  12. Mar 1, 2012
    is Dallas back? really disappointed with season 2 , no action no suspense, just blablba and sex and pregnancy , zombies themselves are so bored than they don't attack them anymore
  13. Nov 19, 2011
    nice costumes. story and acting is very lame. season 1 was quite good, at least the first half part of it. but season 2, nothing happens here. I watched 4 episodes, and there was basically no story at all. amc can do definitely better than this. I can't understand how this show could get such good reviews.
  14. RMF
    Oct 25, 2011
    Episode 1 was very disappointing, nothing really happened, okay they're stuck and more zombies... So what? I hope it get's better, I really enjoyed S1 and couldn't wait for this season, but what a terrible start.
  15. Mar 12, 2012
    BORING! Oh my god: the season one was awesome, fast, lot of new stuff, mystery, surprise. Season two is like beautiful with some zombie in the background! Why? Hope they change something if there will be a season 3!
  16. Dec 29, 2011
    Wow. So dull. So very, very dull. I went back and reread all the hardcover versions of the graphic novel just to remind myself why I liked this concept/story in the first place. I really wanted to watch "The Walking Dead", not "All My Zombies".
  17. Jul 20, 2012
    This review contains spoilers. The second season of The Walking Dead was a total letdown and a embarrassing work of television. The show has become a lame and melodramatic soap opera full of idiotic and hateful characters who keep trying to irritate the spectator by doing the dumbest things all the time.

Despite a great source material and a first great season we get this rubbish that is not even worth talking about. The show is so bad you want to root for the zombies to kill them all, because seriously you will end up hating the protagonists much more for their dumb opinions, terrible dialogue and horrible acting.

The only character you wanted to get to live (Dale) ends up dead after an idiotic scene that made no sense. And he is not even THAT likable, he's just not an **** like the rest of them. The writers should be ashamed of what they've done with what could have been a great TV Show.

I rate the second season 1/10 for the zombies because like in the first season they are well made.
  18. Dec 19, 2013
    Far less polished than Season 1. Much slower paced, too many pointless and tedious choice options. Choices suddenly disappear for no reason and you can't backtrack to check it out. Case in point, you come upon a campsite where there's a zombie tied to a tree. You have choices to check its pockets or pull the knife out of its arm. If you pull the knife out before checking its pockets,Far less polished than Season 1. Much slower paced, too many pointless and tedious choice options. Choices suddenly disappear for no reason and you can't backtrack to check it out. Case in point, you come upon a campsite where there's a zombie tied to a tree. You have choices to check its pockets or pull the knife out of its arm. If you pull the knife out before checking its pockets, you never get the option to go back and check its pockets. (I wanted to pull the knife out before checking the pockets so I'd have a weapon in case it suddenly grabbed me.) I quit playing out of boredom and frustration at the inconsistencies. Expand
  19. Nov 20, 2012
    The first season was good this season was remarkably slow and boring as hell, they do nothing this season and spend the first 7 or 8 episodes looking for this girl on a farm. The acting is 4 out of 10 and varies from actor to actor, but nothing comparable to other AMC shows such as Mad Men and Breaking Bad.
  20. Sep 26, 2014
    This season sucked. The first time I watched it I gave up on the show halfway through. When I started watching again later, I had to backtrack and wade through this muck to get to the good part.
  21. Oct 28, 2011
    The writing on this show is some of the most infuriatingly idiotic work I've ever seen. In season 1 they had to cover themselves in zombie gut to make sure they're not sniffed out. In season 2 all they have to do is hide underneath cars or put bodies on top of them. In season 1 if there is fluid exchange you get zombified. In season 2 no such thing. In season 1 if you stab a zombie bodyThe writing on this show is some of the most infuriatingly idiotic work I've ever seen. In season 1 they had to cover themselves in zombie gut to make sure they're not sniffed out. In season 2 all they have to do is hide underneath cars or put bodies on top of them. In season 1 if there is fluid exchange you get zombified. In season 2 no such thing. In season 1 if you stab a zombie body parts still move around and the zombie doesnt stay dead. In season 2 all knives are somehow magical. The characters are incredibly moronic. A zombie is looking for you. You hide in a closet. What do you do? You start fumbling around with a gun and then obviously drop it so the zombie comes after you. You know that if you get zombie blood in your mouth you turn into a zombie. What do you do? You stab the zombie repeatedly while your mouth is gaping open. Girl knows zombies follow sound. Starts crying. Zombies coming after you. Crouch behind a car right in front of the zombies, cut yourself on the car, then just start stumbling around. You tell a girl to stay here and that you'll come back for her. Girl leaves. In any situation just imagine what a person would the brains of a zombie would do and your prediction will be spot on.

Even though they're incredibly slow zombies will come out of nowhere, suddenly swarming the group in a vast open area. The **** with the characters. The hysteric acting. The moronic plot devices. Nice costumes, but who watches a show if the only redeeming part is the costumes?
  22. Nov 13, 2011
    First Season screenplay was exciting, because the dinamic incident of each episode head to a certain place and situation. The second season the more I watch the more I see a sidcom because the story start and end in the same story line. The humor of the character is too much, I hate the always depressing attitude that make them look dumb and make stupid decisions. The blond women storyFirst Season screenplay was exciting, because the dinamic incident of each episode head to a certain place and situation. The second season the more I watch the more I see a sidcom because the story start and end in the same story line. The humor of the character is too much, I hate the always depressing attitude that make them look dumb and make stupid decisions. The blond women story sucks, the lost girl situation is sick. I think they are trying to extend the season with trash story and a lot of repeated dialogue. I loved first season I hate the second. They have horrible screenwritters this season. Expand
  23. Nov 16, 2011
    You know that feeling you get at a certain point in a show/movie/novel where you start to suspect that it's so ridiculous something isn't right? That feeling that comes right before you realize that the writer's intent was parody and in retrospect you can't believe you were so stupid to be taking it seriously? That's the feeling I get every time I watch this show. Just because your show isYou know that feeling you get at a certain point in a show/movie/novel where you start to suspect that it's so ridiculous something isn't right? That feeling that comes right before you realize that the writer's intent was parody and in retrospect you can't believe you were so stupid to be taking it seriously? That's the feeling I get every time I watch this show. Just because your show is about zombies doesn't mean you can throw logic out the window.

It stinks.
  24. Nov 20, 2011
    This show is pathetic in every aspect, though I'm not surprised by its popularity. Its just another example that you can combine talentless actors with even less talented writers and still win over the generally brainless American television market. Its basically a prime-time soap-opera, hyped up with some silly zombie gimmick. This series alone wipes out all the respect AMC earned fromThis show is pathetic in every aspect, though I'm not surprised by its popularity. Its just another example that you can combine talentless actors with even less talented writers and still win over the generally brainless American television market. Its basically a prime-time soap-opera, hyped up with some silly zombie gimmick. This series alone wipes out all the respect AMC earned from me with shows like Mad Men and Breaking Bad. Now I look at those as lucky flukes. All in all, if you think this show is even mediocre I'm sorry you have to live your life filtering everything through such a moronic brain. Expand
  25. Feb 1, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. HI. Waited for season 1 with anticipation and excitement. HA! The writing was 50/50, the acting was good, and the suspence and action was great. Then I waited for season 2 with even more excitement. How dissapointed was I. The acting was terrible, the excitement level was almost non-exsistent, and the writing sucked. While I was watching it, it felt like I was watching a soap drama. 5 episodes of whiny characters who are asking the audience,'' Who's baby is it'', ''Oh no, its not ricks''. I hate soap dramas and this felt very close to one. Where is that feeling that its the end of the world? No more soap dramas, give us some action in season 3. Expand
  26. Jan 18, 2012
    Season 1 fantastic. Season 2 poorly written bad pacing between and during scenes bad film quality bad editing. More of a soap opera that uses an apocalyptic attention getter to try to hook in it's viewers while using character development as the excuse for bad tv. It does not stick to any story line from its last season mostly except the Shane loves Lori story line that is redundant.Season 1 fantastic. Season 2 poorly written bad pacing between and during scenes bad film quality bad editing. More of a soap opera that uses an apocalyptic attention getter to try to hook in it's viewers while using character development as the excuse for bad tv. It does not stick to any story line from its last season mostly except the Shane loves Lori story line that is redundant. Rick Grimes the lead has been reduced to a cry baby while Shane Walsh has turned into the Jacob Black of Twilight with his new buff body and bald new do. This show is not for people who like a complicated drama all though it demands its audience to see it that way. Cliche characters bad development and an un sureness of where they want to go with it is pretty clear in it's presentation. The show expects the viewers to sit through bad episodes until the last one which will be good and use that as an excuse for slow build up until it returns yet again from yet another break. The impression I get is people actually like this show because most TV has gone down the tubes but accepting this show as great is just settling it's far from it and needs a lot of work hardly worth an award hardly worth waiting around to see if it gets better the stone has been set, and hardly worth showing again on my TV set. Expand
  27. Mar 13, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. All of you critics and users who are rating this show in the 80's must be easily entertained. Season 1 was decent it had flaws but moved a long a decent pace but this season has been ATROCIOUS. These writers make up rules as they go along. In season 1 they had to smear zombie guts on themselves to get past the zombies which logically makes sense. Fast forward to the season 2 premiere where they scout the highway and find no zombies in the far distance suddenly find themselves next to a herd of 200 zombies but don't worry guys these zombies cant smell people under cars thank god! Then we have the 8 episodes (exaggerating) of the search for Sophia unbelievably boring for a crappy character. Then the infamous water well episode. The crew find a zombie in one of the MANY wells of water which by the way are NOT interconnected and this zombie is all bloated and cut and oozing and they feel they should get this zombie out to not "contaminate" the well. WHO is going to drink water from that well? NO ONE. Fast forward through all the other pointless drivel to Dales death where we get to see the first STEALTH zombie dale turns around to find a stealth zombie who only started making noise as it was right on top of him. This show has spun out of control and no where near as exciting of pace as the comic books even with pointless made up characters. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Matt Zoller Seitz
    Oct 21, 2011
    As we head into Season 2, it's becoming increasingly clear that they [the actors] can't make these characters interesting, because they're too thinly conceived.
  2. Reviewed by: Michelle Welch
    Oct 20, 2011
    In many ways, it was where the series ought to have begun.
  3. Reviewed by: Rob Owen
    Oct 17, 2011
    The show creates tension--through atmosphere and characters the audience cares about--and offers so many make-you-jump scares that by the end of an episode, you're left breathless.