• Network: AMC
  • Series Premiere Date: Oct 31, 2010
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4
7.5

1. Oct 16, 2011
    So despite all the changes behind the show, The Walking Dead still manages to be one of the most tense and thrilling shows out there with season 2 as of now. It also helps that this episode is following the comics a lot more than before, although that doesn't matter to me personally, as long as they tell a good story, which they sure as hell did with this episode.
  2. Oct 23, 2011
    Definitely a great TV show. On one hand, the acting is favorable, costumes are awesome, the atmosphere is intense, and the situations are unpredictable. The second season (well at least the first 2 episodes) is certainly more action-zombie-packed than the first but without sacrificing other aspects off it. Furthermore, the way the story unfolds is well written even though you would not expect that from a zombie-based adventures. To sum up, a show worth watching. Expand
  3. Mar 16, 2012
    People love to nit-pick and moan and as soon as you see that in a review, stop reading. You're never going to get a balanced review when people rip into it like that - so he's my attempt of a balance review. Season 1 was yes, fantastic, but in 6 episodes, there's not much time to do wrong. For season 2, over double that have been made and therefore the action needs to be spread out more. This show is all about human emotion and tragedy, not blowing zombie brains out every 5 minutes. Being the first zombie TV series, the likes of gamers will have been immediately attracted to this show and of course human emotion doesn't exist these types of games, it's all about the action. So as soon as these fans started watching season 2, I believe they were shocked to see people talking about their feelings more than seeing heads being blown off. But in reality, this technique has actually been really effective. For other fans of the show, too much zombie killing and confrontation would get boring way too quickly, and suddenly the frequent appearance of the zombies, would make them less frightening, as the more we see and learn about the unknown, the less effect it has on us. However by having the zombies appear in small groups, only here and there during the season has built the tension up brilliantly, especially up to towards the end of the first half of the season. When they all suddenly appear, it makes the action much more intense, wild and unpredictable compared to how it would be if the zombies were the main focus of the show. In the second half of season 2 this use of bringing in the zombies at climatic points in virtually each episode has solidified this show as the best since Lost for me as the intensity continues to rise, whilst still holding a balance with human emotion - and the season finale looks to be possibly the best episode yet. Yes, at times during the first 5 episodes perhaps there was a little bit too much talk and I'll admit I was a little bored from time to time, but like I said, the lack of major events was a brilliant ploy leading us into the final episode of 2011. And again, I reiterate that most of the bad reviews will be coming from action-hungry gamers who instead got a taste of the undesirable, yet extremely relevant physiological effects of this type of scenario. There are also fans of the comics obviously watching this series, however they too need to understand one point - what works in a comic won't work in a TV series. Some things just aren't workable and that has to be accepted! So all in all I'd say that this season of TWD has turned out to be even better than the first, it's just a shame that yes, the first half was a little too uneventful but an even bigger shame that people can't accept the relevance of these episodes and move on. Expand
  4. Oct 19, 2011
    I love zombies and from Gorge Romero, has anyone managed to captivate the audience so with this series was so easy formula.

No doubt, stress, and time history helps a lot to this series, be sure to miss it.
  5. pkd
    Nov 15, 2011
    excellent plot and acting. It's darkest in the beginning and then it become less gorish and more dramatic with interesting plot lines. I love it very much.
  6. Oct 16, 2011
    Great show! Full of suspense and drastic situations. The choices made always have consequences. This season is a big difference from the first. This one is full of action and scares.
  7. Nov 7, 2011
    I loved the first season and i already love the second. This show has to be up there in the list of best shows of all time. I have never been so captivated nor terrified by a show ever before. It just doesn't even seem possible that this is a show. It's like a movie and theres a sequel a week and they just keep getting better and better. Great season so far for an amazing show.
  8. Feb 3, 2012
    With top notch performances from Andrew Lincoln, Jon Bernthal, Laurie Holden, Sarah Wayne Callies and Norman Reedus, what's not to love about The Walking Dead? Due to a great ensemble cast and some of the best writers and directors in the game (most of them are responsible for writing and directing for some of the best shows on television, including: Breaking Bad, The Sopranos, The Wire, The Shield, Rescue Me, and Sons of Anarchy) The Walking Dead has became a mega-hit and due to a large fan base (Although some of you don't appreciate the Walking Dead's brilliance as much as others) a rating's juggernaut. Expand
  9. Oct 29, 2011
    I don't know how they did it, but they took this already amazing show and made it ten times as good for the second series. Better than most on television today, including Breaking Bad (but that's just my opinion).
  10. Oct 17, 2011
    Even better than last season, Season 2 opened with a bang. Following the disappointing finale of season 1 (the first 5 episodes were amazing) I was skeptical of where the show was headed- I could not have been happier with where it went. Amazing dialogue, incredible acting, "Jump in your seat" moments - the Season 2 premiere had it all. Here's hoping the remaining 12 episodes are just as good.
  11. Dec 16, 2011
    This has been one of the most breath taking series i have watched recently. You experience the emotions of frustration, anger, happiness, sadness etc. and you do experience an emotion for each character. It really does take you for a ride, and from what i've been hearing season 2 from other opinions on here, has been long stretched out and really not heading anywhere. From a personal opinion it was necessary to draw the season out the way it did, i'm not going to give details as to why, as minor details could lead to serious spoilers. Just watch the whole series and you'll see what I mean ;). Expand
  12. Feb 14, 2012
    The walking living is just as terrifying as the walking dead. I keep watching this episode over and over again only if just for the last fifteen minutes. Bang, bang, your dead. Wasn't sure why Glenn didn't prepare to fire. He seemed like he was in shock, even tho he'd been shooting and hacking his way thru Season 1. Love this show!
  13. Oct 28, 2011
    I really enjoy this the first movie I ever saw about the dead coming back to life was Pet cemetery and then Night of the Living Dead staring bad ass Tony Todd and now there is a 3rd season of The Walking Dead I enjoy it great acting and entertainment not for kids lol .
  14. Oct 18, 2011
    Action, Drama, Romance, Betrayal, and the feeling that you want more and more episodes is the thing that a good show needs. This zombie series has all of it. I personal watch it for the action and the real life problems that has happened and will happen in our life. Very good story, although I can think of a couple of endings that might happen in the future. In all its a great series, great story, and if your a zombie fan I recommend you see this show. Peace out yall. Stop haten and stop trollen Expand
  15. Oct 24, 2011
    The second season starts off to a great start worthy of the show's amazing first season. The show doesn't feel dumbed down like many zombie works can and once again the acting is great. Emotion and angst are common but are shown fairly realistic and effective.
  16. Jul 18, 2012
    I think this season has been unfairly criticized. The first half was perhaps a little slow at times and overall the season could have been done in 10 episodes as opposed to 13, but the last 4 episodes were on par with the series premier (which is one of the best series premiers I have ever seen) and even the slower/less eventful episodes were well done in their own right even if they didn't offer many significant plot developments. The cinematography for the series is always top notch and the farm setting really went well with the zombie theme giving the season a Romero/Night of the Living Dead feel. I think the actors all do fantastic jobs as well. Andrew Lincoln is one of the most versatile actors today, and Jon Bernthal's portrayal of Shane's progression throughout this season was amazing to watch. Expand
  17. Feb 23, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Season 2 can be really stale and repetitive at times. It really hurt to wait 1 year for season 2 and have it end up being so boring and repetitive. Nothing that could have an effect on future seasons is going to carry on from this season except the fact that you realize that Shane is getting crazier ever since the moment he killed Otism hopefully the 2nd half of the season is a better improvement and I will adjust my review accordingly Expand
  18. Jul 19, 2012
    I delayed watching the second season due to so many negative comments from friends and also other reviewers on the web. I realize now what a mistake it's been. What are people on? The second season was great. I think they really did a good job portraying what the human mind could have gone through in a zombified world while keeping the action flowing.

watch and judge for yourself, i'm
    sure you wont be disappointed (unless you jump on the hate bandwagon) Expand
  19. Nov 8, 2011
    Is anyone else getting bored this season? Wow, I was looking forward to this season so much and now I'm already bored. Seemed like episodes during the first season were more "meaty" and now in the second season they drag on. Four episodes in and we're STILL looking for a lost girl. This should have been resolved by the end of the third episode.
  20. Nov 28, 2011
    We can say that these 6 episodes are really successful. The special effects are very well made, the actors play very well and the script keeps the viewer in suspense throughout the season. Note the presence of the actress Sarah Wayne Callies who plays Dr. Sara Tancredi on Prison Break. Hopefully the chain AMC will renew this series for the following year. The appointment of the series to the next Golden Globe Awards but mostly the result obtained at the ceremony will probably be determined on its back in a second season. Expand
  21. Nov 17, 2011
    The Walking Dead is a fresh air, after 5 years of boring zombie movies.
    Their undead are hungry for the warmth of life. And the living, hungry to take other lives.
    And the best? no undead riding a horse or trying to talk! Thank you Kirkman!
  22. Nov 21, 2011
    I think this show is way better than the 1st season. It shows more about everyones past and just doesnt stay stuck to Rick. And the zombie killing is better too. Overall i think the show is better.
  23. Nov 21, 2011
    I hope they keep on going on with more seasons. This new season is everything you can ask for. Sex, lust, drama, and of course zombie killing. Perfect show :D
  24. Nov 23, 2011
    This is a great show, something everyone noticed in the first season. Everyone seems to be complaining about Season 2 because its slower, and the storyline isn't advancing, and there isn't as much zombie killing etc. For starters it's a longer season, therefore they are using the time for character development (something essential if the show is meant to last, and I say it has a very good chance). It's like letting food settle before dessert, relax people, the zombie killing gory action we all love will soon be back (with characters we'll feel even stronger about). Expand
  25. Nov 28, 2011
    This season is HORRIBLE. -All the drama about the kid being shot, all of the sudden he is fine and standing
    -They keep looking for the girl (well, sometimes) and nobody seems worried about her
    -What is up with "don't make any noise to avoid walkers", and they go target practice
    -Everybody is horny, except the two old men
    -It seems they rented a farm and plan to spend there the whole
    season
    -What is up with all the stupid drama?
    THIS SEASON PLAINLY SUCKS!

Please join the unhappy viewers at:

26. Dec 3, 2011
    Brilliant!!!! Finally a zombie apocalyptic show that's not cheesy and done very well. great character development in the second season. Im glad they slowed the zombie down and developed the stories and characters better, just as good as first season just different.
  27. Dec 15, 2011
    The midseason 2 finale was one of the greatest moments in TV history. I was skeptical about this series at first, but the storyline and character development are gripping. A must see.
  28. Mar 19, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I would like to start by saying i am an avid reader of the comics, with that said i am in love with this show, and so excited for the return in October. For me as one who has read the comics, i thought that the events were going to play out like they did in the comics, despite knowing that they were already doing things differently. Some of the bigger events were still around like: carl getting shot and the barn full of walkers. but the other additions, i thought were excellent and i never really thought that the show had an episode that lacked this season, neither last season. but a show of this caliber that keeps writing consistent and doesnt have to rely on action sequences to keep entertaining, is a really nice change of pace and is the reason why i watch AMC and other stations like showtime and HBO. Expand
  29. Mar 19, 2012
    Okay, I'll admit that the first half of season 2 wasn't very good... at all. There was a reason for that though. There were COMPLETELY DIFFERENT WRITERS for that half of the season. I've grown so tired of critics (experts and users alike... and by the way... f*** Andy Grenwald from Grantland.com) continuing to complain about the first half of this season, over and over and over. The 2nd half has CLEARLY been much better, and that's because there are new writers who have taken over. It's not like their job was easy. They had to cover up all the plot holes from the first half, as well as develop characters since the other writers made every character annoying in some way. It's pretty amazing that it only took 6 episodes for the new writers to completely redeem the show. The suspense is back, and it's back in a BIG way. Especially in the season finale of Season 2. The characters have become much more interesting, and I couldn't be more excited for Season 3. The introduction of Michonne at the end of Season 2 pretty much made me crap my pants I was so excited. People need to either forget the first half of this season, or quit watching the show altogether. The 2nd half was basically an entirely new show. No other show on television has the action, or suspense, or violence (not to mention costumes for the walkers) of TWD. Best of all, I've grown to like every character (with the exception of Lori who I sincerely hope is killed off in Season 3), and actually care about whether they live or die in Season 3. I'll be on the edge of my seat, and it's because the writing is exponentially better with the new cast of writers. Expand
  30. Mar 3, 2012
    Still waiting for this creepy and dramatic television series. acting writing directing and visuals are all up to snuff and exceed the standards we hold.
  31. Feb 24, 2012
    so good so far! really interested in what way there going to go with shane he is losing it more every episode! also that scene at the barn was one of the greatest moments in tv iv seen in a long time! also cant wait for merle to come back cause you just know his going to kill someone!
  32. Mar 11, 2012
    The season has been been really good, and I think the last three episodes should put to rest any of the hate aimed at the season so far. I don't want to give it away, but people who weren't too thrilled with the episode seriously need to check out the last three leading up to the finale.
  33. Mar 26, 2012
    Season 2 was really good, but not as intense as a season 1. Still great. Story real good, and so is the acting. Some score but still good. Ended very well lead to season 3. Can't wait. I would give it a 9.5 out of 10. Single number I would give it a 10 out of 10.
  34. Apr 1, 2012
    The Walking Dead: Season 2 has much more suspense, more blood, gore, thrills and chills. The Season Finale is the most shocking episode of this season.
  35. Oct 28, 2012
    The Walking Dead is back and better than ever. Rick and the group encounter Herchel Greene, a farmer and father. They begin to build a stable life with Herchel but everyone has their nasty little secrets, after Herschels secret is out all hell breaks lose causing tension between both groups and resurfacing Rick and Shane's little problem with Lori. TWD Season 2 is a must watch for any TV fanatics.
  36. Jul 11, 2012
    The best fiction show in years. When my friends talked about it, I thought it was going to be some lame zombie show. But after they convinced me to watch it, I realized i was way wrong. The show is so awesome, I can hardly describe it. This is one of the best shows on TV, almost as good as Fear Factor, almost as good as America's Got Talent, almost as good as Frozen Planet. I might even start to read the comics. Can't wait for season 3. Expand
  37. Aug 1, 2012
    The beginning of the season was a little slow, however it was needed material to lay the base and character structure for the action-packed final three episodes, and to the reveal of the new prison location. Overall great show!
  38. Jul 29, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Season 2 had it's ups and its down from beginning to the end. With the Death of Sofia and of Shane and some of Hershel's close family. The story seemed slow for some but what the writers seemed to of wanted to do for the viewers was to go farther in depth and show everyone what they were deep down inside. The biggest twist I thought came in the episode "Pretty Much Dead Already" when the group found out there were walkers in Hershel's barn. The Episode "Nebraska" also showed that there were more survivors than just Rick's group and the really posed a thread especially after Rick brought back one of the men from the group who fired upon him to the Farm. The biggest loss besides the death of Sofia would had to of been the death Shane my favorite character I felt like he posed a threat to Rick & the group yet that he had what it took to support the group and to lead them to safety for which he did already for Rick's son Carl and Rick's Wife Lori. Some other crazy things that happened were Carl was shot and Shane sacrificed Otis to keep himself alive and to get the supplies to Carl so Hershel could preform surgery on him and try and save his life. Season 3 to me seems like it is going to be twice as better than the first two seasons. Expand
  39. Oct 27, 2012
    The second season was great too! I might not have given it a 10 if I had wrote this before the mid-season finale but from that point on to the season finale it let loose with the fury of a bull in a red room. The season finale was mostly awesome with the exception of Lori getting mad at Rick and pulling away when he told her he killed Shane. She practically told him too a few episodes back. That final shot of the prison was spine chilling! Hopefully Season 3 lives up to the hype. Expand
  40. Nov 29, 2012
    One of the best seasons of one of the best shows of all time. I am not a zombie person - little to no interest in most zombie-themed things. But, like all truly great shows, The Walking Dead uses a somewhat outlandish plot to tell a story that is about so much more. It literally felt like my heart was being ripped out of my chest - and I loved every moment of it. I literally can't think of any piece of entertainment that has touched me as much as this - in large part due to the amazing storytellers and phenomenal actors in ever part of this ensemble cast. The themes of each season are so strong, and the plot is so literary - characters behave as real people, people that you know in your own life. I have had long conversations about The Walking Dead with everyone I meet who watches it - like all great works of art, I want to discuss it and share it with as many people as possible. Seeing anyone hating on this show makes me lose all hope for humanity when it comes to finding good entertainment. This show is the best. Expand
  41. Apr 17, 2013
    I was suprised to see this season was the lowest rated season out of the 3. To me, season 2 had it all. My favorite season of ANY television program ever, incredible from start to finish!
  42. Sep 24, 2013
    Amazing show! It has everything a zombie apocalypse show should have! The acting is outstanding and has an amazing storyline. It has you on edge always worried about each character and what is about to happen to the group next. Some episodes have even made me cry! Amazing! I'm going to write this for all 3 season because they all truly are brilliant! No complaints!
  43. Nov 5, 2013
    This season is better than the first in my personal opinion. More emotional and awesome. And it takes time to get you into the characters and makes it harder to stop watching.
  44. Nov 28, 2011
    Season 2, isnt quite as good as seaon 1, and out of the 7 episodes so far, episode 4 is the only one i dont like because its too slow. Theres alot more character development this time around, but after last nights mid season finale, this show looks to be back to its strong storytelling.
  45. Oct 19, 2011
    This show is awesome! There are thrills, tense moments and gore. I believe it is one of the top 5 shows on TV today. If you like Zombies, Gore or just like watching a group of survivors implode check this show out!
  46. Nov 28, 2011
    Last night was the mid-season finale and the episodes wont be back until February, so I decided to finally review this season of my favorite TV show, a lot of complaints have been made that there hasn't been a lot going on, and I have to admit it's not as action packed as the first season was, granted it's had it's moments of action and Zombie slaying goodness, but for most of this season it's been more about the characters and how they are all coping with the new world, the things they encountered the first season, and the new problem that they now have, and you'll find no complaints from me, I found myself enjoying the characters more than ever, some have also said there's no tension and while I agree it's not as intense as the first season, but it's a new kind of intense, where your not only worrying about a possible attack from the "Walkers", but the actual members of the group snapping and killing each other, in closing it's not as good as the first season was but it's still awesome, and I will update my review if I feel it necessary after the official season finale in a couple of months. Expand
  47. Oct 22, 2012
    Anyone marking this down because it's slow is missing the point and in danger of sounding like an idiot. There are enough fast paced zombie DVDs to fill several skips. Whilst it may be that budgets were tight this season so the action was pretty much limited to one location, it actually serves the story extremely well. There's time to really let the characters soak in, their fear, paranoia, and the dehumanising effect of their situation. Some of the acting is not brilliant (but certainly not bad), but the writing really lifts it. A good example of a series exploiting the benefits of telling a story on TV - taking time! Expand
  48. Oct 18, 2011
    Robert Kirkman's black-and-white "zombie apocalypse" graphic novel returns for a second televised season on AMC (which focuses mainly on films and only shows four other original series). That's right--THE WALKING DEAD is back, bloody, and better than ever.

Season 2 began with a sixty-six-minute premiere called "What Lies Ahead" (just as the first season did with "Days Gone Bye", the
    only episode so far to share its name with one of the installments in the graphic novel saga). The gist is generally the same as it was in season one: Deputy Rick Grime continues his ambitious journey of survival with his family and few surviving friends. Since he has finally reached Atlanta (his original destination), he must continue on his carnage-filled quest.

The only thing that's still up in the air with THE WALKING DEAD is that last statement. In other words, we are wondering, even after 6+ hours total of watching, when Rick Grimes is ever going to end his journey and how long it will take him to find a safe haven that's NOT inhabited with zombies (or, as the show refers to them, "walkers"). Or will he die on the way? Still, it's "gory with story" (the only good type of "gory"), entertaining, and a rarely superficial saga that leaves us hanging for a whole week or so--that week being the time in which a new episode is not airing. Suspenseful.
  49. Oct 25, 2011
    Liked the first season. Now i'm excited to see what they can do with a bigger budget. I enjoyed the first couple episodes. There is more tension in this season than the previous. I'm really loving this series keep it up AMC. 9/10
  50. Oct 25, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Through the 2nd episode the season has been great. 1st episode was definitely better than the 2nd, which was a setup. T-Dog better not die. Writing is very good. Expand
  51. Nov 28, 2011
    After seeing the first half of the season, I am quite satisfied. I am a major zombie fanatic and as such this show was already right up my alley and it hasn't disappointed me yet. The last minute epic reveal in the halfway finale concluded a major story arch (my god was it epic) and I'm excited for the direction this show is headed in going forward. I was tempted to give it a ten but realistically I know it isn't perfect, which is what a 10 would imply. I can't wait for it to restart up in february, its gonna be a long winter without the walking dead Expand
  52. Nov 20, 2011
    This show is fine. Though they need more action and suspense, we can definitely see it building up. The character develop is fine, we need more zombie action, more gore, more blood. Who the **** cares about some little idiot child getting lost. We need more death!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  53. Feb 7, 2012
    definitely a great season, the only thing that they really missed out on on this season was it had too little action, I guess they were focused on making the characters more developed which they pulled off flawlessly.
  54. Oct 1, 2013
    The Walking Dead Season 2 beings exactly after the ending of Season 1 as the survivors are trying to find their way to a safe haven from the Zombies. The storyline takes them to a farm where they eventually meet new evils and dangers among new allies. The second season is more emotional than the first and is possibly the best character development out of all the seasons as far as Season 3 (this review is made afterwards). Majority of the characters who had little to no interaction from the first season has now a bigger part or role in this season which in the end brings them forth a incredible climax at the end. Expand
  55. Nov 17, 2011
    While the second season has yet to step out of the shadow of its first-season older brother, The Walking Dead still maintains the necessary devices of a good show. The first season, a meager six episodes long, often relied on action and big-budget stunts to keep the plot moving. If anything, season 2 has matured, developing the characters instead of relying on the flashy topes and cliches of zombie films. The original graphic novel by Robert Kirkman focuses more on the characters' survival and less on daring deeds or overly-powerful undead antagonists. Season two takes a step in this direction, something sure to please any long-time Walking Dead fan. That having been said, as the episode count rises, the plot relies too heavily on past events. A prime example of this is the ongoing search for Sophia, who disappeared in the season premier. That having been said and assuming the coming episodes continue to advance the plot, The Walking Dead should be here to stay. Expand
  56. Mar 24, 2012
    This show moved very slowly in the first half and even thought this show has a few inconsistencies that are picked at, which usually happens with all the popular shows. Every show has them. Yes, even Breaking Bad but overall this series is entertaining and keeps people coming back and talking about it.
  57. Dec 14, 2011
    The second season of the walking dead defines what a TV show should be. It has a mix of comedy, and drama that everyone loves, not to mention the zombies. The acting is incredible, and the storyline is amazing, bottom line, best TV show ever
  58. Mar 28, 2012
    It started off slow this season but it quickly rebounded and now I can not wait for the next season to start. A must watch show that finally gives zombies from justice.
  59. Feb 12, 2012
    I gotta say, the first season was good but the second is better. i have read all the comics and this show is good. just cuz the second season is "slow" like ppl are saying is crap. the comics are the same way this isnt a action show its a DRAMA!
  60. Mar 13, 2012
    Wow! The Last Three Episodes of this Season have been pretty good,Season two has been a very slow start and i think the writers wanted to build up the drama that is coming to at the season finale.i can't wait for the 3rd season, this show has been a wild ride of zombie killing since the beginning.
  61. Mar 24, 2013
    “The Walking Dead” Season 2 has finally been viewed by me and so far it’s the best season (slim picking though). This season retains the same themes and messages of the series. The questioning of life or death, humanity, and all those deep, thought provoking things that we’ve loved about the show.

The season itself is very isolated and mostly takes place in one location. Zombie attacks,
    deaths, and decapitations for the most part are toned down and the season is slower paced than the first. However, what it lacks in action is more than made up in certain episodes, mostly the last couple.

One thing in particular this season does so well is character development. Action is lacking and a lot of the tension comes from he characters and their motivation. We see characters grow and change and how their certain situation is taking away their humanity. Certain characters become likable and earn a soft spot in our hearts.

Overall season 2 is great. The sheer amount of character development more than makes up for the over longing story arches and minimal zombie attacks. However, key episodes particularly the last few are intense and filled with action and gore. I give it 4.5/5
  62. Nov 21, 2013
    Even more zombies, gore and violence. TWD is back, bros. There are better scares this time though, and less action, but nonetheless it's an epic season with a little bit of dialogue issues but still great. Andrew Lincoln was awesome and Lori was just getting better. TWD is a sexy lookup of the zombie infections and coarse violence.
  63. Mar 26, 2013
    um pouco melhor que a primeira temporada, não que a primeira fosse ruim, mas o que faz com que eu aumente a nota da temporada dois o numero de episódios que me fizeram querer mais de TWD.
  64. Jan 2, 2014
    This is undoubtedly the most riveting season of The Walking Dead yet. One part of the plot done impeccably well is Shane's oncoming mania. It proves that an apocalyptic wasteland can truly change the morals of those involved. Another interesting example of moral changes is Carl Grimes' transformation from the innocent son that missed his father to a doubtful, atheistic foul-mouth. Extreme character development on this season's part. It is more fast-moving than the first season and refrains from Rick's family reunion and thusly makes room for other characters. It is interesting to see how the consciences of the characters have dissipated and that makes it remarkable. Expand
  65. Oct 7, 2013
    It's not really better than the first season but that's all right. It's still a good show nonetheless. There's some great acting here. Though, it's not a revolutionary as other shows, it's still good. Entertaining.
  66. Nov 29, 2011
    Aside from the mid-season finale, I am quite disappointed in the series in season 2. It still is a solid series, but with expectations being so high from season 1, 2 isn't on the same level. For those who haven't seen the 2nd season yet, don't expect it to live up to season 1. I think what the producers are doing with season 2 is trying to build an emotional attachment to the characters so when they do get killed, you will actually feel "something," for them where season 1 lacked (hard to do in 6 episodes). I do expect the second half of season 2 to be a 180 from the opening half. Back to killing zombies and looting! 8/10. Expand
  67. Oct 14, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Season 2 picks up where season 1 left. The first episode I remember was extremely well done - I was definitely looking forward to the next. Sadly, as the show progressed through the first half of the season, it became disappointing to realize that the culmination of the first 7 episodes (or maybe 6, too lazy to go back and check.) was simply the idea that Sophia was dead, which I was predicting since the second episode. The pick up was when the characters started to go at each other in the last few episodes - the group is no longer one piece as the series ends with a great demonstration of frustration and sacrifice. Rick is no longer looking for discussion, he is the leader now, and that fact scares much of the group. Season 3 is looking excellent. Fight the Dead, Fear the Living. Expand
  68. Oct 21, 2011
    An excellently made show that manages to create a global apocalypse on a TV show budget. The tension is high, the action is exciting and the special effects look great. The acting is of a high caliber even if the characters portrayed don't fully engage the viewer. What is unfortunate is that the show hasn't got me hooked yet. Maybe it is down to the aforementioned lack of engagement with characters or the general directionless nature of a show about survivors not knowing their next step. I enjoy watching the show but I don't see myself becoming a diehard fan. Expand
  69. Mar 21, 2012
    After how superb season one turned out to be, to say I was excited for AMC's second installment was an understatement. The first season was awesome, plain and simple however it only delivered 6 episodes so when it was confirmed season 2 would consist of 13 i was delighted, the more the merrier right? Season 2 began with a bang. Literally a bang! Rick and the fellow survivors head towards Fort Benning however they soon become trapped on the highway as walkers surround them resulting in Sophia going missing from the group. As the first episode ends Carl (Rick's son) is inadvertently shot this leads Rick to a nearby farm owned by Hershel. This predominantly is the setting for the entirety of Season 2 and along with it the search for Sophia, it also brought us some new characters in the face of Hersehl and hi family. Whilst TWD returning in fabulous form unfortunately the show suffered from some serious pacing issues. Particularly in the first half of the season. Its all to stop-start and it prevents the show from flowing at an even pace. The story also failed to deliver for some episodes which was disappointing as the first season was hugely engrossing from start to finish. Maybe it's because of the setting, stuck on Hershel's farm, the long-drawn out search for Sophia or some plain stupid plot points. Thankfully episode 7; "Pretty Much Dead Already" was a massive turning point in the series. It was dramatic, eventful and more like it from the writers at AMC. It resolved the fate of Sophia and showed a ruthlessness amongst the characters, mainly Shane and set things up perfectly for the second half which was largely tremendous from "Nebraska" through to the finale "Beside The Dying Fire." The characters grew more and the plot thickened bringing around some momentous moments and deaths. The tension between Rick and Shane resulted in a showdown and drew to a fatal climax. There are also a surprise, tragic death to a central character proving that no one is safe ultimately leading to the fabulous finale where there are walkers, firefights, and a revelation that changed everything. Oh and the introduction of a familiar comic character left things perfectly poised for Season 3! Overall, Season 2 was a mixed bag that i thoroughly enjoyed. At times it was frustrating (Lori anyone?) and at times just amazing because as stop-start and flawed the first half of the season proved to be the second part of Season 2 was a fantastic return to form delivering more unmissable zombie action and making the wait for Season 3 seem almost unbearable. Bring on October! Collapse
  70. Nov 3, 2011
    I love this show, but there is some discontinuity from season 1 to season 2, as mentioned in the negative reviews. What the negative reviewers should know is that this series is written in a time line where "zombies" are unknown. This is a whole new experience for these characters, who have never seen a Zombie movie or heard of George Romero. That is why they aren't called "Zombies". They are called walkers because the word Zombie doesn't exist to them. In that case, who knows how they would act, or react. Still, I do agree that some minor details do need to be ironed out. Still, a great show on a great TV station! Can't wait for more! Expand
  71. Nov 1, 2011
    I was sceptical about how you could drag a Zombie based show out for hour after hour, considering most movies about it are usually - hold up for 90 minutes then make a final stand - But i was pleasantly surprised by this show and it's clearly improving. I'm hoping that they don't spend too many episodes held up on a single situation and make each one stand on it's own while also incorporating the overall story Expand
  72. Nov 19, 2011
    Zombies... Drama.... TV... LOVE IT. seriously worth watching!! i feel that each episode is always incredibly interesting, however, season 2 doesn't seem to have an advancement on their goal being finding the girl and getting to their destination.
  73. Mar 23, 2012
    Although not as distinguished as season 1, the second season of 'The Walking Dead' is still quite memorable in Its own right. The focus moved more from straight out action to established character development and analysis which is important in It's own right but the lack of walker attacks might alienate some viewers as this is still (for the most part) a zombie TV show. The budget was a lot more tight and it definitely shows but there was something fresh and invigorating about the setting which many fans should appreciate. Expand
  74. Nov 26, 2011
    I was enthralled during the first season. The only thing keeping me from giving the second season a higher score, is the drawn out search for the little girl. The new writers, have done a good job otherwise. I still can't wait to watch more of this show, but they must end this search for the little girl and move on with the storyline!
  75. Jan 6, 2014
    If the first season was perfection, in my opinion this is the perfect example of the "Sophomore Slump". It is still a great show, but it strayed far from the source material and spent (again, in my opinion) too much time at the farm. Overall though, the season ended on a high note and really picked up in the second half of the season. Still a great show and the perfect example of why network TV is dead. Expand
  76. Jan 11, 2012
    Sorry fat people! Lets just say if it ever comes to this...Im going to India where there are more vegetarians. The only Zombie show taken seriously as a WAKE UP call in how survivors will deal with world cataclysm. According to experts after a few days of catastrophe without food/water people turn to CANNIBALISM! go diet
  77. Apr 2, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The critically acclaimed Walking Dead returns with a second season amid high expectations following on from a great first season which benefited from being only six episodes long and contained some zombie scenes that delivered unbelievable suspense.

Unfortunately the second season only hits these highs on a few occasions, most notably at the beginning and during the second half. The decision to extend the season to thirteen episodes did not help the writers, who struggled to really fill the additional time with any meaningful story lines. Most viewers watch TWD for zombie action, and while I understand it takes periods of calm to build suspense and surprise in between the zombie action, these periods lasted too long this time around.

After a great first episode with an impressive zombie herd scene, the first half of the season is dominated by the missing Sophia and the search to find her. This storyline dragged on for several weeks too long, especially bearing in mind that we were barely introduced to her in the first season. In order to continue the search the group settles at an occupied farm nearby. The group remain here until the final episode and this gives the action a different feel from the first season. Settling down and not moving on through zombie infested roads and towns allows the writers to develop some of the characters, in some instances using the relationships with the farm occupants. It is at this point that the season starts to slow down and becomes too much of a soap opera. Trips away from the farm occasionally come across the odd zombie but the threat seems largely relegated in place of group tensions, cat fights and a love story. The merging of the survivors with the farm occupants leads to a clash of mentalities, those with first hand experience of the current world and those keeping faith in the chance of a cure. This provides the writers the opportunity to inject a spiritual point of view to proceedings that is ultimately disproved. Also, the terror of zombies that the group originally had seems to become less as the season progresses until almost all group members appear to become skilled and too confident in zombie killing. This only serves to lessen the suspense when we are treated to occasional zombie moments.

The season begins to improve dramatically when Shane, gradually spiralling out of control throughout the season, opens Hershel's barn and the Sophia story line is put to bed in brutal fashion. From this point on the action predominantly revolves around Shane and Rick, and the growing tension between them. Shane is the stand-out character of the cast, and driven by his belief that Rick is weak, ruthlessly strives to protect Lori and Carl. Starting by killing Otis, and next opening the barn, he butts heads with Rick throughout the season and the tension reaches boiling point when he decides to kill the prisoner Randall, leading to a fist fight surrounded by zombies that almost costs both men their lives. In the end it is Lori who unwittingly sets in motion a series of events that occupy the last two episodes by revealing to him that he may well be the father of her baby. The events to come are hinted at when Rick comments that Randall (loose in the woods having been freed) is not the only threat out there and they should look out for each other. Referring to the potential zombies, Rick may also have been aware of what was to come.

The barn burns in the backdrop of an impressively choreographed last stand in the season finale, signifying the end of their time at the farm as the group flee to pastures unknown. A third season is confirmed and it looks as though the social dynamics of the group may be shifting. Following on from his actions, Rick's position is in question, even with Lori and Carl and he lays the law down as dictator. The finale certainly posed questions to be answered by season three, what are the implications of being infected, who is the mystery gentleman that saved Andrea and where will the group head now. And will Merle ever catch up with them!
  78. Nov 3, 2012
    A much slower, dramatically focused season than the opener, but also a little bit less engaging somehow. Regardless, The Walking Dead remains to be one the best shows currently on TV. The characters are all brought out very realistically by the committed cast and the morally gray tone of the show is consistently thought provoking week-by-week, not to mention the fact that there are tons of great shootouts, head-shots, mutilations, and overall gore to keep us entertained. Every character that is killed off is given reverence and commemoration (I was particularly moved by the death of Dale in near the end of the season). All of the harrowing situations and tension feels perfectly realistic. A show that I remain consistently engaged in and recommend highly to anyone. Expand
  79. Mar 30, 2014
    The greatest thing about Season 2 is the fact that the Drama, even thought it may be a bit jarring and characters make some rather annoying decisions, is very spot on followed by some very satisfying kills and you can tell that time and effect went into the creation of this season, I mean who can say that the ending of Season 2 was terrible. only real complains about season 2 is pasting is very slow and at times did almost boar me to tears, yet zombie killing and moments with Shane are just TENSE

80. Dec 30, 2013
    Depois de uma ótima primeira temporada, a segunda decai um pouco de ritmo porém não tanto, a trama segue outros caminhos e muitos personagens bons se foram mesmo assim consegue ser boa.
  81. Nov 28, 2012
    This season got pretty good a bit too much drama in between and stuff and annoying ppl and some overdone parts but other than that its a good show for srue
  82. Aug 27, 2013
    The first half bogged down but the second one more than made for it. There were some memorable moments. Daryl continues to be my favorite character. Quite frankly, if he were to die, I would quit watching. The deaths of several characters were used to good effect. The last three episodes were exceptionally good. There were very few walkers encountered by the group, but whenever they were, the fights were always epic. Expand
  83. Jan 27, 2013
    Incredibly intense and amazingly brilliant. New characters, more violence, bigger zombie battles...there are few shows on television as satisfying a The Walking Dead. The episode when they find Sofia is the absolute best in the series; intense, but emotionally resonant as well.
  84. Dec 14, 2012
    Season 2 is where the Walking Dead hit some slow points, mainly with so many episodes being based at a farm, which definitely got boring after a while. The saving grace though was the consistently solid cast, including a at times really enjoyable, while at other times really boring plot. Though up and down, the season finished very strong with its midseason and season finales, which were both action packed and jaw dropping. Expand
  85. Jun 16, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This season had more action than the three of them. I liked it because it was interesting and many important things happened in this season. Liked that the group found more alive people Expand
  86. Mar 19, 2012
    There were moments of suspense this season, though unfortunately more lacking such. I think the series would be much more exciting if the group had a common goal other than to simply survive, perhaps they could give the audience something to look forward to by trying to locate a cure or sustainable shelter. At the moment it seems as though personal conflicts are overstaying their welcome in the main story arc rather than the group focusing on what's really important. Expand
  87. Oct 23, 2011
    Season One Was "Good" Sometimes Really Good.. But Season Two So Far Is.... Ok.... Some Parts Honestly Seem To Drag On And On And On.. And You Just Want Them To End... Some Parts Are Really Scary Fun! Overall The Walking Dead Season 2 Is OK.
  88. Mar 19, 2012
    First season was better, but this season was no slouch either. I feel like my opinion changed from one episode to the next with this series. I appreciate character development, but sometime it's just redundant dialogue / interaction between the characters, and not enough forward movement of the storyline. However; just when it's getting slow it picks right back up again... but only to slow down of course. I think this season was good, but prolly could have been condensed into 5 episodes to be honest. I also think the cast director should be fired, it really has some of the worst acting ever, thank God the storyline can support them. Also, thank you for getting rid of Shane, I don't think I could take another season watching him make those stupid facial expressions. That said, the scene with Sophia may have been one of my top favorite moments in television. Very powerful stuff. All in all, after all my complaining, i will still be looking forward to season 3. Bring back the suspense, bring back the storyline, and bring back that Katana toting ninja zombie slayer! Expand
  89. Nov 23, 2011
    I gave season 1 a 9. However this season is lacking the excitement and suspense that the previous season had. The girl being lost is stupid at this point. It has been 6 episodes with her "lost" and at this point I hope she's dead. Everyone I've talked to agrees they have drawn that situation out way to far. I'd like to see a good season finale soon. Hopefully it is a good finish to this average season. Expand
  90. j30
    Jan 24, 2012
    Not as good as the first season, but the whole season comes in full circle in the end. The horrifying images from the finale have haunted me for days now. Compelling stuff.
  91. Oct 30, 2011
    While a great series with awesome zombie effects, season two of TWD is a mixed bag. The main reason it falls short is it ignores its own rules, and spends far too long at certain unnecessary scenes. The zombies act FAR too smart to be zombies, and selectively can run depending on the scene. Showing intellect and fine motor control necessary for the writing to continue in the direction the writer wanted, when alternatives are readily available. For example instead of having a zombie fall beside a car to scare away the little girl, the zombie... showing both intelligence and fine motor control: GETS DOWN TO LOOK. With a CLEAR care to not harm itself.

Its just a bizarre mixed bag that will leave the critical viewer a little frustrated at easily available mistakes. All in all its a good effort... but it needs to establish clear guidelines of what a zombie is and can do. And stick to them. Continuity and maintaining suspension of disbelief is the first rule in a fantastical setting like this.
  92. Nov 30, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Besides a seemingly stagnant plot and apparently new rules on how the "walkers" operate. I felt that for what it is, a T.V. show on cable television no less, you couldn't go wrong. Could they have revealed what happened to Sophia earlier? Sure. I think right now this shows saving grace, at least for me are those intense scenes where things could pop off and get real ugly at any moment, throwing the whole camp up into chaos at any second. What keeps me tuned in is to see if a group of survivors can stay together and pull through against what seems to be insurmountable odds. Can they as a group, some how come out of this zombie apocalypse stronger then before? We shall see. Expand
  93. Jan 22, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Please do something else with the second half of this season. The first half was kind of slow. I was just hoping they would find that stupid girl by episode 4 or 5, but no they stayed there the entire half season looking for her. Now that they found her (killed her I should say), the wrtiters need to move the characters on. Other than the plot, the acting, visuals, and makeup are great. Expand
  94. Feb 9, 2014
    Significantly less well written than the first season. The Sophia fiasco that is the main plot-line of the first half of the season drags on and on and is just plainly boring. The only truly great part of the first half was the mid-season finale. The second half, however, is much better. The writing focuses on a very person vs person conflict that is interesting to watch and allows for great character development. The second half really makes up for the flaws in the first half and makes the season overall good. Expand
  95. Oct 21, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Not as strong as the first season. Season two feels too dragged out, almost the entire season takes place on a farm and it becomes too familiar, not enough happens in each episode to feel that the story has been developed further. The first couple of episodes are good and so are the last few but it gets a bit lost in between. It almost becomes a soap as the characters begin to deal with real life issues rather than the actual zombies that surround them. Lets hope season three is better! Expand
  96. Nov 4, 2012
    I like TWD. One thing i don't like are the stupid lacks of logic when zombies appearing on the scene. Nearly every episode a zombie horde occurs, they apparently come out of nowhere. That's a big flaw that makes a great series that maybe deserves a 9/10 to just a good series...
  97. Mar 13, 2013
    Started off reasonable, headed into mediocre territory, and finally finished strongly. Several characters are often unreasonable and annoying. The uninteresting dialogue they are handed makes the already slow plot glacially paced. The Sophia missing plot frustrated me to no end, with it's slow place and seemingly never-arriving resolution, thought when its resolution is very powerful.The strongest episodes are packed at the latter end of the season and redeemed what could have been a lost season. The lone exception involves Shane shaving his head at the beginning and end of the episode. 7.4/10 Expand
  98. Nov 2, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The first season was a very interesting introduction, and perhaps the shorter time allowed for it to be more interesting. The reason I say this, is because the second season seems as if it's limping on at times. The first half of the second season focuses on the disappearance of Sophia. This would be great if we'd gotten a better glimpse into who Sophia was, and how she effected the rest of the characters. We do get some insight into how they all generally react to the loss of a member, and the loss of a child, but the end of that mid-season finale loses some of its impact because it isn't given said depth. The conflicts between characters are generally interesting, but some of the characters are written poorly, and not as active as they should be. For instance, there's a scene in which Dale is holding a gun to Shane, and trying to convince him to stay where he is, but for no particular reason backs down. The ending revelation is interesting, but also unnecessary. For characters, it's important that they know that every stands the chance of being infected. But this is played to the audience as if we hadn't figured that out at the CDC building in season 1. Expand
  99. Nov 9, 2012
    This season needed to give more than it did. It's holding back from us. Why?

1. Reviewed by: Matt Zoller Seitz
    Oct 21, 2011
    As we head into Season 2, it's becoming increasingly clear that they [the actors] can't make these characters interesting, because they're too thinly conceived.
  2. Reviewed by: Michelle Welch
    Oct 20, 2011
    In many ways, it was where the series ought to have begun.
  3. Reviewed by: Rob Owen
    Oct 17, 2011
    The show creates tension--through atmosphere and characters the audience cares about--and offers so many make-you-jump scares that by the end of an episode, you're left breathless.