• Network: AMC
  • Series Premiere Date: Oct 31, 2010
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5
7.5

1. Oct 23, 2011
    Definitely a great TV show. On one hand, the acting is favorable, costumes are awesome, the atmosphere is intense, and the situations are unpredictable. The second season (well at least the first 2 episodes) is certainly more action-zombie-packed than the first but without sacrificing other aspects off it. Furthermore, the way the story unfolds is well written even though you would not expect that from a zombie-based adventures. To sum up, a show worth watching. Expand
  2. Oct 28, 2011
    The writing on this show is some of the most infuriatingly idiotic work I've ever seen. In season 1 they had to cover themselves in zombie gut to make sure they're not sniffed out. In season 2 all they have to do is hide underneath cars or put bodies on top of them. In season 1 if there is fluid exchange you get zombified. In season 2 no such thing. In season 1 if you stab a zombie body parts still move around and the zombie doesnt stay dead. In season 2 all knives are somehow magical. The characters are incredibly moronic. A zombie is looking for you. You hide in a closet. What do you do? You start fumbling around with a gun and then obviously drop it so the zombie comes after you. You know that if you get zombie blood in your mouth you turn into a zombie. What do you do? You stab the zombie repeatedly while your mouth is gaping open. Girl knows zombies follow sound. Starts crying. Zombies coming after you. Crouch behind a car right in front of the zombies, cut yourself on the car, then just start stumbling around. You tell a girl to stay here and that you'll come back for her. Girl leaves. In any situation just imagine what a person would the brains of a zombie would do and your prediction will be spot on.

Even though they're incredibly slow zombies will come out of nowhere, suddenly swarming the group in a vast open area. The **** with the characters. The hysteric acting. The moronic plot devices. Nice costumes, but who watches a show if the only redeeming part is the costumes?
  3. Nov 20, 2011
    first season was pretty good, this one... not so much. the writing has gone by the wayside and the only good actor in the show is the one who plays dale. the problem with that is the writers try to make him the unlikable character, the rest are just husks and cliches. rick talking to a jesus statue as if it were a real person who would return dialogue, laughable. those who pray do not try to hollywoodize what could have been a great moment in the show, but poorly poorly executed. i still hold out hope for it as the first season was pretty good Expand
  4. Oct 16, 2011
    Great show! Full of suspense and drastic situations. The choices made always have consequences. This season is a big difference from the first. This one is full of action and scares.
  5. Oct 19, 2011
    This review contains spoilers. How is it that no one has pointed out how despicable the writing is for this show. I can think of no lazier device to convey a character's thoughts than the monologue to no one, but in S2E1 they did it no less than three times. The dialogue is borderline retarded, and they insist on having each character do the dumbest thing possible at all times. Why he hell did that little girl get out from under the car when the zombie herd hadn't passed by more than 5 seconds ago?! That wouldn't happen. Why would that idiotic blond woman who always has a stupid look on her face be fumbling in the bathroom clanking metal pieces together while simultaneously trying to hide from a zombie!? She wouldn't! There's just so much stupidity that goes on with this show that its hard to take and its really a shame that they're turning such great source material into such drivel. Collapse
  6. Nov 22, 2011
    I loved the first series, but this series (2) is dreadful. The first was about survival, escape, being the last-people-on-earth, horror, suspense, chase scenes and excitement. It had great twists, good writing, and was fun to watch. You know, the stuff you expect from this genre. Now it's about about pregnancies, and inter-relationship hassles. Now that they are on a farm, I wouldn't be surprised to see this turning into a series about farming.

EVERYTHING that was good, no GREAT, about the first series is gone. In episode 5 for example, we had to the two main leads spending five minutes talking in a forest about girlfriends and sexual exploits from high school! Now I know characters need fleshing out, but it also needs to be relevant. I want to know that I'm being taken somewhere, not in circles leading nowhere. It seems like there's 30 minutes of bland filler in every episode now. Did they run out of money? Ideas? Where has the suspense gone? And I don't mean the 'soap opera' suspense about "Who is the father?" or "Will-they-won't-they?" Bring back the zombies, put in some more action of the type that is demanded, and necessary, of this genre, because it's in danger of leaving the genre behind and becoming The Waltons.
  7. Nov 9, 2011
    The first season was decent. The second season, in which they've sacrificed a lot of plot for character development, completely blows. None of these characters are very interesting outside of a pure-survival context. That combined with the questionable screenwriting and the actors being mediocre at best almost makes this show unbearable to watch.
  8. Nov 13, 2011
    First Season screenplay was exciting, because the dinamic incident of each episode head to a certain place and situation. The second season the more I watch the more I see a sidcom because the story start and end in the same story line. The humor of the character is too much, I hate the always depressing attitude that make them look dumb and make stupid decisions. The blond women story sucks, the lost girl situation is sick. I think they are trying to extend the season with trash story and a lot of repeated dialogue. I loved first season I hate the second. They have horrible screenwritters this season. Expand
  9. Nov 21, 2011
    I think this show is way better than the 1st season. It shows more about everyones past and just doesnt stay stuck to Rick. And the zombie killing is better too. Overall i think the show is better.
  10. Mar 11, 2012
    The season has been been really good, and I think the last three episodes should put to rest any of the hate aimed at the season so far. I don't want to give it away, but people who weren't too thrilled with the episode seriously need to check out the last three leading up to the finale.
  11. Oct 16, 2011
    So despite all the changes behind the show, The Walking Dead still manages to be one of the most tense and thrilling shows out there with season 2 as of now. It also helps that this episode is following the comics a lot more than before, although that doesn't matter to me personally, as long as they tell a good story, which they sure as hell did with this episode.
  12. Oct 17, 2011
    Season 1 was good for a Zombie TV series. Decent story line, great effects. Simple formula. Season 2 has all the same qualities but it seems a little more tied down with its somewhat amateur actors and more 'Greys Anatomy' sub plots. Gonna pass on this one this season.
  13. Oct 25, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Through the 2nd episode the season has been great. 1st episode was definitely better than the 2nd, which was a setup. T-Dog better not die. Writing is very good. Expand
  14. Nov 11, 2011
    Bad. Too bad. No story. Pathetic characters, silly situations, unbearable lines... Four episodes so long oand the story is not going in any place. Dull boring and predictable. I really do not understand how can receive a metascore of 81! Epic fail.
  15. Nov 23, 2011
    Season 2 is a huge let down! Season 1 was great. You had a catchy story line with good characters and lots of action. The walking dead out numbered the living at least 10 to one! Every episode had zombies and gut wrenching gross scenes! It was a blast. Now with Season 2 we have more living and less walking dead! Maybe the script is more dead than the dead! We've spent way too much time developing the characters - it's almost become a night time Soap! The story line needs to move on to something new, we've spent way too much time on the farm and way too little time fighting off the zombies! Expand
  16. Nov 18, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Me and my girlfriend have been waiting impatiently for season 1 of one of the best first season of a TV series we saw in a long time, Dexter being the only real competitor, going strong for 6 seasons. We expected The Walking Dead to be as strong, or maybe even stronger as the seasons go. But then I saw episode one and painfully saw episode two.... three. And four... Read some of the reviews and was mesmerized. The main points of the reviews are that it is unpredictable, the suspense is intense and the costumes are great. I must admit the costumes are great. But there was a strong feeling of predictability. Four episodes searching for a kid? Really? Half an episode trying to save one single water well when there are 4 more on the property that ended up in being contaminated anyways? I was pretty good at guessing what was going to happen as I predicted that what would probably happen was what would not move the story further. And I was right.

Some stuff was surprising, of course, a few scenes were still pretty cool but all the "situations" created ended up being boring and bottom line stalling the entire season into an oblivion of ideas, creativity and leaving the series hang on only a few unmemorable scenes of single zombie attack, a two minutes of pathetic sex and many many attempts for a deeper story line failing at mediocre redundant dialogues, uninteresting characters and cheap religious debates. 80% of the first four episodes could be removed and we would be at the same exact point. Bored already.

In fact, everything season 1 was, season 2 isnâ
  17. Nov 23, 2011
    This is a great show, something everyone noticed in the first season. Everyone seems to be complaining about Season 2 because its slower, and the storyline isn't advancing, and there isn't as much zombie killing etc. For starters it's a longer season, therefore they are using the time for character development (something essential if the show is meant to last, and I say it has a very good chance). It's like letting food settle before dessert, relax people, the zombie killing gory action we all love will soon be back (with characters we'll feel even stronger about). Expand
  18. Oct 23, 2011
    Season One Was "Good" Sometimes Really Good.. But Season Two So Far Is.... Ok.... Some Parts Honestly Seem To Drag On And On And On.. And You Just Want Them To End... Some Parts Are Really Scary Fun! Overall The Walking Dead Season 2 Is OK.
  19. j30
    Jan 24, 2012
    Not as good as the first season, but the whole season comes in full circle in the end. The horrifying images from the finale have haunted me for days now. Compelling stuff.
  20. Nov 24, 2011
    The only people on this cast who deserve praise are the costume designers and makeup people, because the zombies all look excellent. But the characters are thin and boring, the plotlines plodding and unimaginative, and the whole thing is slowmoving and dull. Like a zombie.
  21. Nov 8, 2011
    Is anyone else getting bored this season? Wow, I was looking forward to this season so much and now I'm already bored. Seemed like episodes during the first season were more "meaty" and now in the second season they drag on. Four episodes in and we're STILL looking for a lost girl. This should have been resolved by the end of the third episode.
  22. Nov 16, 2011
    You know that feeling you get at a certain point in a show/movie/novel where you start to suspect that it's so ridiculous something isn't right? That feeling that comes right before you realize that the writer's intent was parody and in retrospect you can't believe you were so stupid to be taking it seriously? That's the feeling I get every time I watch this show. Just because your show is about zombies doesn't mean you can throw logic out the window.

It stinks.
  23. Nov 20, 2011
    This show is pathetic in every aspect, though I'm not surprised by its popularity. Its just another example that you can combine talentless actors with even less talented writers and still win over the generally brainless American television market. Its basically a prime-time soap-opera, hyped up with some silly zombie gimmick. This series alone wipes out all the respect AMC earned from me with shows like Mad Men and Breaking Bad. Now I look at those as lucky flukes. All in all, if you think this show is even mediocre I'm sorry you have to live your life filtering everything through such a moronic brain. Expand
  24. Dec 29, 2011
    Wow. So dull. So very, very dull. I went back and reread all the hardcover versions of the graphic novel just to remind myself why I liked this concept/story in the first place. I really wanted to watch "The Walking Dead", not "All My Zombies".
  25. Mar 16, 2012
    People love to nit-pick and moan and as soon as you see that in a review, stop reading. You're never going to get a balanced review when people rip into it like that - so he's my attempt of a balance review. Season 1 was yes, fantastic, but in 6 episodes, there's not much time to do wrong. For season 2, over double that have been made and therefore the action needs to be spread out more. This show is all about human emotion and tragedy, not blowing zombie brains out every 5 minutes. Being the first zombie TV series, the likes of gamers will have been immediately attracted to this show and of course human emotion doesn't exist these types of games, it's all about the action. So as soon as these fans started watching season 2, I believe they were shocked to see people talking about their feelings more than seeing heads being blown off. But in reality, this technique has actually been really effective. For other fans of the show, too much zombie killing and confrontation would get boring way too quickly, and suddenly the frequent appearance of the zombies, would make them less frightening, as the more we see and learn about the unknown, the less effect it has on us. However by having the zombies appear in small groups, only here and there during the season has built the tension up brilliantly, especially up to towards the end of the first half of the season. When they all suddenly appear, it makes the action much more intense, wild and unpredictable compared to how it would be if the zombies were the main focus of the show. In the second half of season 2 this use of bringing in the zombies at climatic points in virtually each episode has solidified this show as the best since Lost for me as the intensity continues to rise, whilst still holding a balance with human emotion - and the season finale looks to be possibly the best episode yet. Yes, at times during the first 5 episodes perhaps there was a little bit too much talk and I'll admit I was a little bored from time to time, but like I said, the lack of major events was a brilliant ploy leading us into the final episode of 2011. And again, I reiterate that most of the bad reviews will be coming from action-hungry gamers who instead got a taste of the undesirable, yet extremely relevant physiological effects of this type of scenario. There are also fans of the comics obviously watching this series, however they too need to understand one point - what works in a comic won't work in a TV series. Some things just aren't workable and that has to be accepted! So all in all I'd say that this season of TWD has turned out to be even better than the first, it's just a shame that yes, the first half was a little too uneventful but an even bigger shame that people can't accept the relevance of these episodes and move on. Expand
  26. Oct 28, 2011
    I don't get all the hype that surrounds the Walking Dead. I've watched every episode so far and they only seem to be getting worse. It's basically Lost with zombies. The main character's accent is getting increasingly worse. His wife is totally annoying. Hardly any of the characters are likeable at all. I end up rooting for the zombies. If this show doesn't get better, I doubt I'll be around for season 3. Expand
  27. Nov 19, 2011
    nice costumes. story and acting is very lame. season 1 was quite good, at least the first half part of it. but season 2, nothing happens here. I watched 4 episodes, and there was basically no story at all. amc can do definitely better than this. I can't understand how this show could get such good reviews.
  28. Oct 17, 2011
    Even better than last season, Season 2 opened with a bang. Following the disappointing finale of season 1 (the first 5 episodes were amazing) I was skeptical of where the show was headed- I could not have been happier with where it went. Amazing dialogue, incredible acting, "Jump in your seat" moments - the Season 2 premiere had it all. Here's hoping the remaining 12 episodes are just as good.
  29. Dec 15, 2011
    What a bore of show! the whole thing was based on finding the little girl? Season 1 wasnt perfect, but it had its moments. season 2 on the other hand, is slow, does not have enough zombies, the end of the world atmosphere is not there. The only good episode was the last one.
  30. Oct 30, 2011
    While a great series with awesome zombie effects, season two of TWD is a mixed bag. The main reason it falls short is it ignores its own rules, and spends far too long at certain unnecessary scenes. The zombies act FAR too smart to be zombies, and selectively can run depending on the scene. Showing intellect and fine motor control necessary for the writing to continue in the direction the writer wanted, when alternatives are readily available. For example instead of having a zombie fall beside a car to scare away the little girl, the zombie... showing both intelligence and fine motor control: GETS DOWN TO LOOK. With a CLEAR care to not harm itself.

Its just a bizarre mixed bag that will leave the critical viewer a little frustrated at easily available mistakes. All in all its a good effort... but it needs to establish clear guidelines of what a zombie is and can do. And stick to them. Continuity and maintaining suspension of disbelief is the first rule in a fantastical setting like this.
  31. Nov 8, 2011
    As a zombie endorser I was pleased to hear about The Walking Dead and got extremely excited for it. Upon the start of the first season I watched and was mildly interested in the show but after the first few episodes I more enjoyed pointing out all the flaws and enjoyed a few chuckles at the mediocre acting. Upon the start of the second season I feel its been a COMPLETE bust and have had to force myself to continue watching in hopes of some sort of turn around.....we will see. Expand
  32. Feb 1, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. HI. Waited for season 1 with anticipation and excitement. HA! The writing was 50/50, the acting was good, and the suspence and action was great. Then I waited for season 2 with even more excitement. How dissapointed was I. The acting was terrible, the excitement level was almost non-exsistent, and the writing sucked. While I was watching it, it felt like I was watching a soap drama. 5 episodes of whiny characters who are asking the audience,'' Who's baby is it'', ''Oh no, its not ricks''. I hate soap dramas and this felt very close to one. Where is that feeling that its the end of the world? No more soap dramas, give us some action in season 3. Expand
  33. Jan 18, 2012
    Season 1 fantastic. Season 2 poorly written bad pacing between and during scenes bad film quality bad editing. More of a soap opera that uses an apocalyptic attention getter to try to hook in it's viewers while using character development as the excuse for bad tv. It does not stick to any story line from its last season mostly except the Shane loves Lori story line that is redundant. Rick Grimes the lead has been reduced to a cry baby while Shane Walsh has turned into the Jacob Black of Twilight with his new buff body and bald new do. This show is not for people who like a complicated drama all though it demands its audience to see it that way. Cliche characters bad development and an un sureness of where they want to go with it is pretty clear in it's presentation. The show expects the viewers to sit through bad episodes until the last one which will be good and use that as an excuse for slow build up until it returns yet again from yet another break. The impression I get is people actually like this show because most TV has gone down the tubes but accepting this show as great is just settling it's far from it and needs a lot of work hardly worth an award hardly worth waiting around to see if it gets better the stone has been set, and hardly worth showing again on my TV set. Expand
  34. Mar 13, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. All of you critics and users who are rating this show in the 80's must be easily entertained. Season 1 was decent it had flaws but moved a long a decent pace but this season has been ATROCIOUS. These writers make up rules as they go along. In season 1 they had to smear zombie guts on themselves to get past the zombies which logically makes sense. Fast forward to the season 2 premiere where they scout the highway and find no zombies in the far distance suddenly find themselves next to a herd of 200 zombies but don't worry guys these zombies cant smell people under cars thank god! Then we have the 8 episodes (exaggerating) of the search for Sophia unbelievably boring for a crappy character. Then the infamous water well episode. The crew find a zombie in one of the MANY wells of water which by the way are NOT interconnected and this zombie is all bloated and cut and oozing and they feel they should get this zombie out to not "contaminate" the well. WHO is going to drink water from that well? NO ONE. Fast forward through all the other pointless drivel to Dales death where we get to see the first STEALTH zombie dale turns around to find a stealth zombie who only started making noise as it was right on top of him. This show has spun out of control and no where near as exciting of pace as the comic books even with pointless made up characters. Expand
  35. Jul 20, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The second season of The Walking Dead was a total letdown and a embarrassing work of television. The show has become a lame and melodramatic soap opera full of idiotic and hateful characters who keep trying to irritate the spectator by doing the dumbest things all the time.

Despite a great source material and a first great season we get this rubbish that is not even worth talking about. The show is so bad you want to root for the zombies to kill them all, because seriously you will end up hating the protagonists much more for their dumb opinions, terrible dialogue and horrible acting.

The only character you wanted to get to live (Dale) ends up dead after an idiotic scene that made no sense. And he is not even THAT likable, he's just not an **** like the rest of them. The writers should be ashamed of what they've done with what could have been a great TV Show.

I rate the second season 1/10 for the zombies because like in the first season they are well made.
  36. Oct 19, 2011
    This show is awesome! There are thrills, tense moments and gore. I believe it is one of the top 5 shows on TV today. If you like Zombies, Gore or just like watching a group of survivors implode check this show out!
  37. Oct 19, 2011
    I love zombies and from Gorge Romero, has anyone managed to captivate the audience so with this series was so easy formula.

No doubt, stress, and time history helps a lot to this series, be sure to miss it.
  38. Mar 21, 2012
    After how superb season one turned out to be, to say I was excited for AMC's second installment was an understatement. The first season was awesome, plain and simple however it only delivered 6 episodes so when it was confirmed season 2 would consist of 13 i was delighted, the more the merrier right? Season 2 began with a bang. Literally a bang! Rick and the fellow survivors head towards Fort Benning however they soon become trapped on the highway as walkers surround them resulting in Sophia going missing from the group. As the first episode ends Carl (Rick's son) is inadvertently shot this leads Rick to a nearby farm owned by Hershel. This predominantly is the setting for the entirety of Season 2 and along with it the search for Sophia, it also brought us some new characters in the face of Hersehl and hi family. Whilst TWD returning in fabulous form unfortunately the show suffered from some serious pacing issues. Particularly in the first half of the season. Its all to stop-start and it prevents the show from flowing at an even pace. The story also failed to deliver for some episodes which was disappointing as the first season was hugely engrossing from start to finish. Maybe it's because of the setting, stuck on Hershel's farm, the long-drawn out search for Sophia or some plain stupid plot points. Thankfully episode 7; "Pretty Much Dead Already" was a massive turning point in the series. It was dramatic, eventful and more like it from the writers at AMC. It resolved the fate of Sophia and showed a ruthlessness amongst the characters, mainly Shane and set things up perfectly for the second half which was largely tremendous from "Nebraska" through to the finale "Beside The Dying Fire." The characters grew more and the plot thickened bringing around some momentous moments and deaths. The tension between Rick and Shane resulted in a showdown and drew to a fatal climax. There are also a surprise, tragic death to a central character proving that no one is safe ultimately leading to the fabulous finale where there are walkers, firefights, and a revelation that changed everything. Oh and the introduction of a familiar comic character left things perfectly poised for Season 3! Overall, Season 2 was a mixed bag that i thoroughly enjoyed. At times it was frustrating (Lori anyone?) and at times just amazing because as stop-start and flawed the first half of the season proved to be the second part of Season 2 was a fantastic return to form delivering more unmissable zombie action and making the wait for Season 3 seem almost unbearable. Bring on October! Expand
  39. Nov 6, 2011
    Season 2 seems to be bogged down, very slow and sick of the whining soliloquy's of the characters. Season 1, you have to slather on zombie guts to hide your odor from zombies, season 2, a whole convoy of zombies can come walking down the interstate, be one foot from a live person under a car, yet they can't smell them?
  40. Nov 7, 2011
    I loved the first season and i already love the second. This show has to be up there in the list of best shows of all time. I have never been so captivated nor terrified by a show ever before. It just doesn't even seem possible that this is a show. It's like a movie and theres a sequel a week and they just keep getting better and better. Great season so far for an amazing show.
  41. Nov 23, 2011
    I gave season 1 a 9. However this season is lacking the excitement and suspense that the previous season had. The girl being lost is stupid at this point. It has been 6 episodes with her "lost" and at this point I hope she's dead. Everyone I've talked to agrees they have drawn that situation out way to far. I'd like to see a good season finale soon. Hopefully it is a good finish to this average season. Expand
  42. Dec 16, 2011
    This has been one of the most breath taking series i have watched recently. You experience the emotions of frustration, anger, happiness, sadness etc. and you do experience an emotion for each character. It really does take you for a ride, and from what i've been hearing season 2 from other opinions on here, has been long stretched out and really not heading anywhere. From a personal opinion it was necessary to draw the season out the way it did, i'm not going to give details as to why, as minor details could lead to serious spoilers. Just watch the whole series and you'll see what I mean ;). Expand
  43. Oct 18, 2011
    The Walking Dead returns after an average first season, by average i mean the beginning of the first season was so great with many good ideas and plenty of actions but then it started to get slower and slower with less and less actions, i kept watching but felt kinda disappointed cause i expected more.
    I watched the first episode of the second season and had the same feelings i had at the
    end of the first season, slow rhythm, people being in the same place for a whole episode, i kinda feel like nothing that could make their situation evolved was happening, and at the end of this first episode, they kind of step-back in the story.

Let's hope, it's going to change, cause i know this show can be way more better than what it is actually.
    We'll see at the end of this season.
  44. Nov 1, 2011
    I enjoyed season 1 but so far this season has just been quite a let down. The biggest problem I have with this season is the dialogue and the acting. The dialogue tends to drag on. The characters will cry and whine about how they don't know what's the point of living and they'll argue with each other and say the same things over and over. They really need to pick up the pace. I don't want to watch a soap opera, I want to watch a survival horror/thriller. Expand
  45. Oct 25, 2011
    AMC should break out the checkbook and provide better sets and scripts so the characters in Season 2 do more than wander in the woods and climb abandoned cars for 90 minutes, as they did in the season opener.
  46. Jul 19, 2012
    I delayed watching the second season due to so many negative comments from friends and also other reviewers on the web. I realize now what a mistake it's been. What are people on? The second season was great. I think they really did a good job portraying what the human mind could have gone through in a zombified world while keeping the action flowing.

watch and judge for yourself, i'm
    sure you wont be disappointed (unless you jump on the hate bandwagon) Expand
  47. Dec 12, 2011
    I really don't get the hype this show gets. It is becoming ridiculously stupid and repetetive or... was from the very beggining?

The whole thing doesn't seem like having a point, more or less the whole show looks like "Left 4 Dead" game brought to the television (music, setting, more or less characters).
    Each episode brings in one or two total idiocies when looking at the decisions made,
    some moments are plain stupid.

The first season was watchable because it was short and still setting in it's footing on the market. Right now, with the second series, I just can't see any reason to do this further. The zombies are just dead meat walking. Fine, but can't you bring in some new types (play L4D if you don't know what I meant) of them. Stop throwing cliche after cliche in terms of the script and maybe you'll turn out at least decent.

As for the current situation - all I see is zombie gut all over the screen, shallow characters, boring script, dumb dialogues and slow pace. The show doesn't deserve a third installment. Really. What will they do? Get back, because of a forgotten picture or what?
  48. Nov 17, 2011
    The Walking Dead is a fresh air, after 5 years of boring zombie movies.
    Their undead are hungry for the warmth of life. And the living, hungry to take other lives.
    And the best? no undead riding a horse or trying to talk! Thank you Kirkman!
  49. Nov 17, 2011
    While the second season has yet to step out of the shadow of its first-season older brother, The Walking Dead still maintains the necessary devices of a good show. The first season, a meager six episodes long, often relied on action and big-budget stunts to keep the plot moving. If anything, season 2 has matured, developing the characters instead of relying on the flashy topes and cliches of zombie films. The original graphic novel by Robert Kirkman focuses more on the characters' survival and less on daring deeds or overly-powerful undead antagonists. Season two takes a step in this direction, something sure to please any long-time Walking Dead fan. That having been said, as the episode count rises, the plot relies too heavily on past events. A prime example of this is the ongoing search for Sophia, who disappeared in the season premier. That having been said and assuming the coming episodes continue to advance the plot, The Walking Dead should be here to stay. Expand
  50. Nov 21, 2011
    I hope they keep on going on with more seasons. This new season is everything you can ask for. Sex, lust, drama, and of course zombie killing. Perfect show :D
  51. Mar 23, 2012
    Although not as distinguished as season 1, the second season of 'The Walking Dead' is still quite memorable in Its own right. The focus moved more from straight out action to established character development and analysis which is important in It's own right but the lack of walker attacks might alienate some viewers as this is still (for the most part) a zombie TV show. The budget was a lot more tight and it definitely shows but there was something fresh and invigorating about the setting which many fans should appreciate. Expand
  52. Mar 3, 2012
    Still waiting for this creepy and dramatic television series. acting writing directing and visuals are all up to snuff and exceed the standards we hold.
  53. Mar 30, 2012
    The 1st season was very good, because they had the aim of getting to the CDC and the zombies were a constant threat on the journey there with many fights along the way. Season 2 has no overall aim except to survive. In the first 4 episodes pretty much nothing at all happens. The plot just slows to a crawl and then a complete stop. They stay in one place and take far too long looking for a missing person, and talk about the past and feelings and praying. Season 1 was an action survival horror show, season 2 is basically a soap that happens to be set on a farm during the zombpocalpse. They don't even fill the void with character development. Not only does they show do nothing to make you care about most of the characters but there are several of them I really wished would die as soon as possible. A zombie show should not make you root for the zombies, but this does. Expand
  54. Mar 28, 2012
    After the fantastic first season, The Walking Dead seemed like it was going to be one of these unbeatable shows. I went in expecting greatness, but ended in this zombie infested, convoluted Purgatory of a TV show. All the momentum generated by the first season completely vanished, leaving me feel like the first season had nothing to do with the second. Pacing was nearly comatose throughout the second season, with some instances of life shown through action sequences and "unexpected events." Remaining on a farm for an entire season was one of the worst ideas in terms of characterization and the overall role of the show. A bunch of people forced to live on a farm together will definitely cause drama and confrontations; zombies are not required for any of that. The show began to focus on ideas and situations that other shows like Dexter and Breaking Bad have analyzed masterfully. The Walking Dead needs to find its groove and use the zombie apocalypse to its full advantage. Action sequences, costumes, and overall art style are the only subjects keeping from giving this season a flat out 0. Expand
  55. Nov 9, 2012
    This season needed to give more than it did. It's holding back from us. Why?
  56. Jan 15, 2012
    I know zombie movies are generally not the most original or clever things you can watch but that doesn't mean you can't at least *try* to be a little clever at times! I reasonably enjoyed The Walking Dead - it had plenty of tedious moments (mostly when zombies were on their tracks) but it had good locations and there was the air of mystery. In season 2, I couldn't take it any more after 3 episodes of dullness and the worst of clichés. The characters can only be so stupid before you lose faith in them and just hope they get killed to put them out of their idiotic misery. It's one thing for people to act this way when they're surprised but they had months to prepare, months to think of strategies, ideas to survive, ways to warn eachother, formations to take, etc.. Instead we see a bunch of idiots playing with their lives just so there can be encounters with zombies to add suspension. Except most zombie scenes are so dull and annoying, I just want them over with. A big reason for this, is because the zombies are just all wrong. The writers can't seem to agree on how zombies should work. Are they entirely brainless? A lot of the time, it looks like that. Do they still have parts of their minds so they can recognise things? When it suits the script, it seems ... Are they curious about noises they hear? Again, when it suits the script.

The first episode alone had a gazillion such errors. A zombie *happens* to enter the CV - maybe he was planning to go on a trip? There's only a thousand cars out there and he goes inside theirs. "Oh but maybe he can smell her!". Yeah right, and all the people hidden under the cars he can't smell? Are you kidding me? Or how about how fast the zombies showed up. You had the old fart on the roof looking around with miles of empty highway ahead in both sides and suddenly, there are hundreds of them and within yards of the cars! Teleporting zombies??

I'm sorry, but there's limits to have far I'm willing to give (usuallly American) shows leeway when it comes to twisting reality just so they can add some crappy action scenes. A clever zombie movie (like 28 Days Later) would create a situation where humans are clever and still have a hard time surviving. Here they reduce humans to utter morons as way to create suspense. It's lazy, it's cheap, it's infuriating and it only alienates the characters from the viewer who are left with no-one to identify with. Stupid stupid stupid ...
  57. pkd
    Nov 15, 2011
    excellent plot and acting. It's darkest in the beginning and then it become less gorish and more dramatic with interesting plot lines. I love it very much.
  58. Oct 21, 2011
    An excellently made show that manages to create a global apocalypse on a TV show budget. The tension is high, the action is exciting and the special effects look great. The acting is of a high caliber even if the characters portrayed don't fully engage the viewer. What is unfortunate is that the show hasn't got me hooked yet. Maybe it is down to the aforementioned lack of engagement with characters or the general directionless nature of a show about survivors not knowing their next step. I enjoy watching the show but I don't see myself becoming a diehard fan. Expand
  59. Nov 28, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Full of bland, annoying, inconsistent and cliche characters that apparently have no common sense at all. The so-called leader is about as charismatic as a crouton and rarely shows any leadership. The scripting is awful and predictable and full of one-on-one chats that make it feel more like a soap-opera. You'll probably find yourself facepalming a lot and saying "what the hell are these idiots doing". eg: the zombie in a well bit; 5 wells on the farmland, 1 with a zombie in it. Instead of just not using that well, they decide to lower someone down as bait after 5 seconds of half-heartedly trying to dangle a rope around it's neck. Facepalm!! How did these idiots survive the zombie apocalypse?!? You'll probably like this show if you indiscriminately love anything with zombies and gore (it does have it's fair share), but I found myself getting bored of all the "is this Gawd's work?" and "do we want our children to grow up in this world of horror?" After 6 episodes it hasn't gone anywhere so i'm going to opt out now. Expand
  60. Feb 3, 2012
    With top notch performances from Andrew Lincoln, Jon Bernthal, Laurie Holden, Sarah Wayne Callies and Norman Reedus, what's not to love about The Walking Dead? Due to a great ensemble cast and some of the best writers and directors in the game (most of them are responsible for writing and directing for some of the best shows on television, including: Breaking Bad, The Sopranos, The Wire, The Shield, Rescue Me, and Sons of Anarchy) The Walking Dead has became a mega-hit and due to a large fan base (Although some of you don't appreciate the Walking Dead's brilliance as much as others) a rating's juggernaut. Expand
  61. Oct 18, 2011
    Robert Kirkman's black-and-white "zombie apocalypse" graphic novel returns for a second televised season on AMC (which focuses mainly on films and only shows four other original series). That's right--THE WALKING DEAD is back, bloody, and better than ever.

Season 2 began with a sixty-six-minute premiere called "What Lies Ahead" (just as the first season did with "Days Gone Bye", the
    only episode so far to share its name with one of the installments in the graphic novel saga). The gist is generally the same as it was in season one: Deputy Rick Grime continues his ambitious journey of survival with his family and few surviving friends. Since he has finally reached Atlanta (his original destination), he must continue on his carnage-filled quest.

The only thing that's still up in the air with THE WALKING DEAD is that last statement. In other words, we are wondering, even after 6+ hours total of watching, when Rick Grimes is ever going to end his journey and how long it will take him to find a safe haven that's NOT inhabited with zombies (or, as the show refers to them, "walkers"). Or will he die on the way? Still, it's "gory with story" (the only good type of "gory"), entertaining, and a rarely superficial saga that leaves us hanging for a whole week or so--that week being the time in which a new episode is not airing. Suspenseful.
  62. Oct 29, 2011
    I don't know how they did it, but they took this already amazing show and made it ten times as good for the second series. Better than most on television today, including Breaking Bad (but that's just my opinion).
  63. Oct 25, 2011
    Liked the first season. Now i'm excited to see what they can do with a bigger budget. I enjoyed the first couple episodes. There is more tension in this season than the previous. I'm really loving this series keep it up AMC. 9/10
  64. RMF
    Oct 25, 2011
    Episode 1 was very disappointing, nothing really happened, okay they're stuck and more zombies... So what? I hope it get's better, I really enjoyed S1 and couldn't wait for this season, but what a terrible start.
  65. Nov 28, 2011
    After seeing the first half of the season, I am quite satisfied. I am a major zombie fanatic and as such this show was already right up my alley and it hasn't disappointed me yet. The last minute epic reveal in the halfway finale concluded a major story arch (my god was it epic) and I'm excited for the direction this show is headed in going forward. I was tempted to give it a ten but realistically I know it isn't perfect, which is what a 10 would imply. I can't wait for it to restart up in february, its gonna be a long winter without the walking dead Expand
  66. Mar 12, 2012
    BORING! Oh my god: the season one was awesome, fast, lot of new stuff, mystery, surprise. Season two is like beautiful with some zombie in the background! Why? Hope they change something if there will be a season 3!
  67. Nov 12, 2011
    This seasons is much worse than the first one. Gone is the thrilling action, the sense that things are moving forward, the possibilities. What we get now is endless 'character development' dialogue in the countryside - a lot of deep staring into eyes, eyes welling up, the viewer connecting with the humanity.
    I heard it's because they slashed the budget, so now they can't afford the big
    actions scenes anymore.
    By the way, can someone develop the zombie concept just a little bit? I mean c'mon, the zombies have to be consistent with our world at some levels. The CDC episode in series one gave a bit of an explanation - but let me ask you this: the zombies must get tired - after all they walk on muscle and bone, and those do get tired, regardless of whether you have brain function. I know it may be kinda ludicrous to say this - some people may just feel, 'zombies! zombies! me like,' but it seems that someone could put their brain into it and push the concept a bit.
  68. Nov 28, 2011
    We can say that these 6 episodes are really successful. The special effects are very well made, the actors play very well and the script keeps the viewer in suspense throughout the season. Note the presence of the actress Sarah Wayne Callies who plays Dr. Sara Tancredi on Prison Break. Hopefully the chain AMC will renew this series for the following year. The appointment of the series to the next Golden Globe Awards but mostly the result obtained at the ceremony will probably be determined on its back in a second season. Expand
  69. Nov 15, 2011
    Loved the first season! I would give it a 10, but damn this second season is so slow. I wish the writers would include more zombie seasons and ANY plot development. Something keeps me watching but I'm not sure why. I'm hoping that this season will have some exciting progressions and this season isn't fully revolved around the missing girl. I hoped they found her alive but now I hope she is as dead as the last few episodes. Please stupid writers, make season 3 worth while. Expand
  70. Nov 26, 2011
    I was enthralled during the first season. The only thing keeping me from giving the second season a higher score, is the drawn out search for the little girl. The new writers, have done a good job otherwise. I still can't wait to watch more of this show, but they must end this search for the little girl and move on with the storyline!
  71. Dec 3, 2011
    Brilliant!!!! Finally a zombie apocalyptic show that's not cheesy and done very well. great character development in the second season. Im glad they slowed the zombie down and developed the stories and characters better, just as good as first season just different.
  72. Mar 19, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I would like to start by saying i am an avid reader of the comics, with that said i am in love with this show, and so excited for the return in October. For me as one who has read the comics, i thought that the events were going to play out like they did in the comics, despite knowing that they were already doing things differently. Some of the bigger events were still around like: carl getting shot and the barn full of walkers. but the other additions, i thought were excellent and i never really thought that the show had an episode that lacked this season, neither last season. but a show of this caliber that keeps writing consistent and doesnt have to rely on action sequences to keep entertaining, is a really nice change of pace and is the reason why i watch AMC and other stations like showtime and HBO. Expand
  73. Mar 28, 2012
    It started off slow this season but it quickly rebounded and now I can not wait for the next season to start. A must watch show that finally gives zombies from justice.
  74. Feb 24, 2012
    so good so far! really interested in what way there going to go with shane he is losing it more every episode! also that scene at the barn was one of the greatest moments in tv iv seen in a long time! also cant wait for merle to come back cause you just know his going to kill someone!
  75. Apr 1, 2012
    The Walking Dead: Season 2 has much more suspense, more blood, gore, thrills and chills. The Season Finale is the most shocking episode of this season.
  76. Jul 11, 2012
    The best fiction show in years. When my friends talked about it, I thought it was going to be some lame zombie show. But after they convinced me to watch it, I realized i was way wrong. The show is so awesome, I can hardly describe it. This is one of the best shows on TV, almost as good as Fear Factor, almost as good as America's Got Talent, almost as good as Frozen Planet. I might even start to read the comics. Can't wait for season 3. Expand
  77. Aug 1, 2012
    The beginning of the season was a little slow, however it was needed material to lay the base and character structure for the action-packed final three episodes, and to the reveal of the new prison location. Overall great show!
  78. Mar 19, 2012
    There were moments of suspense this season, though unfortunately more lacking such. I think the series would be much more exciting if the group had a common goal other than to simply survive, perhaps they could give the audience something to look forward to by trying to locate a cure or sustainable shelter. At the moment it seems as though personal conflicts are overstaying their welcome in the main story arc rather than the group focusing on what's really important. Expand
  79. Nov 29, 2011
    Aside from the mid-season finale, I am quite disappointed in the series in season 2. It still is a solid series, but with expectations being so high from season 1, 2 isn't on the same level. For those who haven't seen the 2nd season yet, don't expect it to live up to season 1. I think what the producers are doing with season 2 is trying to build an emotional attachment to the characters so when they do get killed, you will actually feel "something," for them where season 1 lacked (hard to do in 6 episodes). I do expect the second half of season 2 to be a 180 from the opening half. Back to killing zombies and looting! 8/10. Expand
  80. Nov 28, 2011
    Last night was the mid-season finale and the episodes wont be back until February, so I decided to finally review this season of my favorite TV show, a lot of complaints have been made that there hasn't been a lot going on, and I have to admit it's not as action packed as the first season was, granted it's had it's moments of action and Zombie slaying goodness, but for most of this season it's been more about the characters and how they are all coping with the new world, the things they encountered the first season, and the new problem that they now have, and you'll find no complaints from me, I found myself enjoying the characters more than ever, some have also said there's no tension and while I agree it's not as intense as the first season, but it's a new kind of intense, where your not only worrying about a possible attack from the "Walkers", but the actual members of the group snapping and killing each other, in closing it's not as good as the first season was but it's still awesome, and I will update my review if I feel it necessary after the official season finale in a couple of months. Expand
  81. Mar 19, 2012
    First season was better, but this season was no slouch either. I feel like my opinion changed from one episode to the next with this series. I appreciate character development, but sometime it's just redundant dialogue / interaction between the characters, and not enough forward movement of the storyline. However; just when it's getting slow it picks right back up again... but only to slow down of course. I think this season was good, but prolly could have been condensed into 5 episodes to be honest. I also think the cast director should be fired, it really has some of the worst acting ever, thank God the storyline can support them. Also, thank you for getting rid of Shane, I don't think I could take another season watching him make those stupid facial expressions. That said, the scene with Sophia may have been one of my top favorite moments in television. Very powerful stuff. All in all, after all my complaining, i will still be looking forward to season 3. Bring back the suspense, bring back the storyline, and bring back that Katana toting ninja zombie slayer! Expand
  82. Oct 22, 2012
    Anyone marking this down because it's slow is missing the point and in danger of sounding like an idiot. There are enough fast paced zombie DVDs to fill several skips. Whilst it may be that budgets were tight this season so the action was pretty much limited to one location, it actually serves the story extremely well. There's time to really let the characters soak in, their fear, paranoia, and the dehumanising effect of their situation. Some of the acting is not brilliant (but certainly not bad), but the writing really lifts it. A good example of a series exploiting the benefits of telling a story on TV - taking time! Expand
  83. Nov 3, 2011
    I love this show, but there is some discontinuity from season 1 to season 2, as mentioned in the negative reviews. What the negative reviewers should know is that this series is written in a time line where "zombies" are unknown. This is a whole new experience for these characters, who have never seen a Zombie movie or heard of George Romero. That is why they aren't called "Zombies". They are called walkers because the word Zombie doesn't exist to them. In that case, who knows how they would act, or react. Still, I do agree that some minor details do need to be ironed out. Still, a great show on a great TV station! Can't wait for more! Expand
  84. Feb 14, 2012
    The walking living is just as terrifying as the walking dead. I keep watching this episode over and over again only if just for the last fifteen minutes. Bang, bang, your dead. Wasn't sure why Glenn didn't prepare to fire. He seemed like he was in shock, even tho he'd been shooting and hacking his way thru Season 1. Love this show!
  85. Oct 28, 2011
    I really enjoy this the first movie I ever saw about the dead coming back to life was Pet cemetery and then Night of the Living Dead staring bad ass Tony Todd and now there is a 3rd season of The Walking Dead I enjoy it great acting and entertainment not for kids lol .
  86. Oct 18, 2011
    Action, Drama, Romance, Betrayal, and the feeling that you want more and more episodes is the thing that a good show needs. This zombie series has all of it. I personal watch it for the action and the real life problems that has happened and will happen in our life. Very good story, although I can think of a couple of endings that might happen in the future. In all its a great series, great story, and if your a zombie fan I recommend you see this show. Peace out yall. Stop haten and stop trollen Expand
  87. Oct 24, 2011
    The second season starts off to a great start worthy of the show's amazing first season. The show doesn't feel dumbed down like many zombie works can and once again the acting is great. Emotion and angst are common but are shown fairly realistic and effective.
  88. Jul 18, 2012
    I think this season has been unfairly criticized. The first half was perhaps a little slow at times and overall the season could have been done in 10 episodes as opposed to 13, but the last 4 episodes were on par with the series premier (which is one of the best series premiers I have ever seen) and even the slower/less eventful episodes were well done in their own right even if they didn't offer many significant plot developments. The cinematography for the series is always top notch and the farm setting really went well with the zombie theme giving the season a Romero/Night of the Living Dead feel. I think the actors all do fantastic jobs as well. Andrew Lincoln is one of the most versatile actors today, and Jon Bernthal's portrayal of Shane's progression throughout this season was amazing to watch. Expand
  89. Nov 1, 2011
    I was sceptical about how you could drag a Zombie based show out for hour after hour, considering most movies about it are usually - hold up for 90 minutes then make a final stand - But i was pleasantly surprised by this show and it's clearly improving. I'm hoping that they don't spend too many episodes held up on a single situation and make each one stand on it's own while also incorporating the overall story Expand
  90. Feb 23, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Season 2 can be really stale and repetitive at times. It really hurt to wait 1 year for season 2 and have it end up being so boring and repetitive. Nothing that could have an effect on future seasons is going to carry on from this season except the fact that you realize that Shane is getting crazier ever since the moment he killed Otism hopefully the 2nd half of the season is a better improvement and I will adjust my review accordingly Expand
  91. Nov 20, 2011
    This show is fine. Though they need more action and suspense, we can definitely see it building up. The character develop is fine, we need more zombie action, more gore, more blood. Who the **** cares about some little idiot child getting lost. We need more death!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  92. Feb 7, 2012
    definitely a great season, the only thing that they really missed out on on this season was it had too little action, I guess they were focused on making the characters more developed which they pulled off flawlessly.
  93. Nov 19, 2011
    Zombies... Drama.... TV... LOVE IT. seriously worth watching!! i feel that each episode is always incredibly interesting, however, season 2 doesn't seem to have an advancement on their goal being finding the girl and getting to their destination.
  94. Nov 30, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Besides a seemingly stagnant plot and apparently new rules on how the "walkers" operate. I felt that for what it is, a T.V. show on cable television no less, you couldn't go wrong. Could they have revealed what happened to Sophia earlier? Sure. I think right now this shows saving grace, at least for me are those intense scenes where things could pop off and get real ugly at any moment, throwing the whole camp up into chaos at any second. What keeps me tuned in is to see if a group of survivors can stay together and pull through against what seems to be insurmountable odds. Can they as a group, some how come out of this zombie apocalypse stronger then before? We shall see. Expand
  95. Nov 28, 2011
    This season is HORRIBLE. -All the drama about the kid being shot, all of the sudden he is fine and standing
    -They keep looking for the girl (well, sometimes) and nobody seems worried about her
    -What is up with "don't make any noise to avoid walkers", and they go target practice
    -Everybody is horny, except the two old men
    -It seems they rented a farm and plan to spend there the whole
    season
    -What is up with all the stupid drama?
    THIS SEASON PLAINLY SUCKS!

Please join the unhappy viewers at:

96. Dec 14, 2011
    The second season of the walking dead defines what a TV show should be. It has a mix of comedy, and drama that everyone loves, not to mention the zombies. The acting is incredible, and the storyline is amazing, bottom line, best TV show ever
  97. Dec 15, 2011
    The midseason 2 finale was one of the greatest moments in TV history. I was skeptical about this series at first, but the storyline and character development are gripping. A must see.
  98. Jan 11, 2012
    Sorry fat people! Lets just say if it ever comes to this...Im going to India where there are more vegetarians. The only Zombie show taken seriously as a WAKE UP call in how survivors will deal with world cataclysm. According to experts after a few days of catastrophe without food/water people turn to CANNIBALISM! go diet
  99. Mar 19, 2012
    Okay, I'll admit that the first half of season 2 wasn't very good... at all. There was a reason for that though. There were COMPLETELY DIFFERENT WRITERS for that half of the season. I've grown so tired of critics (experts and users alike... and by the way... f*** Andy Grenwald from Grantland.com) continuing to complain about the first half of this season, over and over and over. The 2nd half has CLEARLY been much better, and that's because there are new writers who have taken over. It's not like their job was easy. They had to cover up all the plot holes from the first half, as well as develop characters since the other writers made every character annoying in some way. It's pretty amazing that it only took 6 episodes for the new writers to completely redeem the show. The suspense is back, and it's back in a BIG way. Especially in the season finale of Season 2. The characters have become much more interesting, and I couldn't be more excited for Season 3. The introduction of Michonne at the end of Season 2 pretty much made me crap my pants I was so excited. People need to either forget the first half of this season, or quit watching the show altogether. The 2nd half was basically an entirely new show. No other show on television has the action, or suspense, or violence (not to mention costumes for the walkers) of TWD. Best of all, I've grown to like every character (with the exception of Lori who I sincerely hope is killed off in Season 3), and actually care about whether they live or die in Season 3. I'll be on the edge of my seat, and it's because the writing is exponentially better with the new cast of writers. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Matt Zoller Seitz
    Oct 21, 2011
    As we head into Season 2, it's becoming increasingly clear that they [the actors] can't make these characters interesting, because they're too thinly conceived.
  2. Reviewed by: Michelle Welch
    Oct 20, 2011
    In many ways, it was where the series ought to have begun.
  3. Reviewed by: Rob Owen
    Oct 17, 2011
    The show creates tension--through atmosphere and characters the audience cares about--and offers so many make-you-jump scares that by the end of an episode, you're left breathless.