• Network: AMC
  • Series Premiere Date: Oct 31, 2010
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5
7.5

1. Aug 19, 2014
    Season two survives the living dead thanks to a fascinating dissection of its characters. It may not be a step up from season one, but it's visually stunning and packs some heavy punches.
  2. Jun 27, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Season 2 of Walking Dead Takes what was great in the previous and expands of everything making this the best show around. The walking dead legit, zombies is as common as zombies these days. But the story told is so well done! and the bigger budget really gives this series a whole know level of ideas and effects. Great acting! awesome zombies, and coll script. Will continuously leave you wanting more. Expand
  3. Jun 24, 2014
    The best season of The Walking Dead to date. Yes the first half does have a lot of filler but the payoff is so great that I didn't even care. The second half of the season is just non-stop fantastic television.
  4. Jun 24, 2014
    Really boring and slow in the beginning, but the show gets way better in the second half. This season alos has the best finale to date as it was crazy.
  5. Jun 9, 2014
    The zombie killing scene is as cruel as Season 1, but The Walking Dead Season 2 is boring. The plot is very retarded. I mean... what is the point of rescuing a guy and then lock him in a hut and then torture him and then kill him. These plot is pointless and it takes 3 or 4 episode in the whole season. The character of the protagonist make me feel that they are an annoying villain. It is just not as good as Season 1 and it is rather disappointing. Expand
  6. May 18, 2014
    Not as good as the first season for sure. Some episodes were really boring and barley had anything happen in them that were important. Still some cool fight scenes and acting is still good. This season had some good character development but just some bland stories.The last couple episodes of the season were really good though.
  7. Mar 30, 2014
    The greatest thing about Season 2 is the fact that the Drama, even thought it may be a bit jarring and characters make some rather annoying decisions, is very spot on followed by some very satisfying kills and you can tell that time and effect went into the creation of this season, I mean who can say that the ending of Season 2 was terrible. only real complains about season 2 is pasting is very slow and at times did almost boar me to tears, yet zombie killing and moments with Shane are just TENSE

8. Feb 9, 2014
    Significantly less well written than the first season. The Sophia fiasco that is the main plot-line of the first half of the season drags on and on and is just plainly boring. The only truly great part of the first half was the mid-season finale. The second half, however, is much better. The writing focuses on a very person vs person conflict that is interesting to watch and allows for great character development. The second half really makes up for the flaws in the first half and makes the season overall good. Expand
  9. Jan 6, 2014
    If the first season was perfection, in my opinion this is the perfect example of the "Sophomore Slump". It is still a great show, but it strayed far from the source material and spent (again, in my opinion) too much time at the farm. Overall though, the season ended on a high note and really picked up in the second half of the season. Still a great show and the perfect example of why network TV is dead. Expand
  10. Jan 2, 2014
    This is undoubtedly the most riveting season of The Walking Dead yet. One part of the plot done impeccably well is Shane's oncoming mania. It proves that an apocalyptic wasteland can truly change the morals of those involved. Another interesting example of moral changes is Carl Grimes' transformation from the innocent son that missed his father to a doubtful, atheistic foul-mouth. Extreme character development on this season's part. It is more fast-moving than the first season and refrains from Rick's family reunion and thusly makes room for other characters. It is interesting to see how the consciences of the characters have dissipated and that makes it remarkable. Expand
  11. Dec 30, 2013
    Depois de uma ótima primeira temporada, a segunda decai um pouco de ritmo porém não tanto, a trama segue outros caminhos e muitos personagens bons se foram mesmo assim consegue ser boa.
  12. Dec 19, 2013
    Far less polished than Season 1. Much slower paced, too many pointless and tedious choice options. Choices suddenly disappear for no reason and you can't backtrack to check it out. Case in point, you come upon a campsite where there's a zombie tied to a tree. You have choices to check its pockets or pull the knife out of its arm. If you pull the knife out before checking its pockets, you never get the option to go back and check its pockets. (I wanted to pull the knife out before checking the pockets so I'd have a weapon in case it suddenly grabbed me.) I quit playing out of boredom and frustration at the inconsistencies. Expand
  13. Nov 21, 2013
    Even more zombies, gore and violence. TWD is back, bros. There are better scares this time though, and less action, but nonetheless it's an epic season with a little bit of dialogue issues but still great. Andrew Lincoln was awesome and Lori was just getting better. TWD is a sexy lookup of the zombie infections and coarse violence.
  14. Nov 5, 2013
    Há uma evolução minima no roteiro e um aumento expressivo no numero de zumbis, a falta de elemento atrativos significativos ainda impera e os personagens ainda são apáticos e distantes.
  15. Nov 5, 2013
    This season is better than the first in my personal opinion. More emotional and awesome. And it takes time to get you into the characters and makes it harder to stop watching.
  16. Oct 23, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The Walking Dead Season 2 was a huge disappointment to me and I find it to be the worst out of the 3 completed season as of now. Now, before I gripe on what I hate, I want to give credit where credit is due. The first few episodes were fantastic. I really liked how the group was scavenging on the highway and how they were dealing with their losses. It had good character development for a lot of the minor characters while maintaining a decent amount of zombie galore. Once they head to the barn, I enjoyed how Shane and Otis rushed into town to get Carl medical supplies and how Shane turned on Otis. It was an epic way to set the tone for the season, however the biggest problem is season 2 was so boring. I usually enjoy shows that focus on character development, but this show seemingly forgot it was a zombie apocalypse show and focused on the characters doing stupid crap. I know this season was primarily focused on more inward drama, but this had too much drama for too many characters. The Glenn and Maggie relationship, the zombies in the barn, searching for Sophia, The Lori love triangle, Shane turning explicitly evil, The Dale and Andrea drama and so on. I'm not mad that this season focused on survivor drama, I just think there was too much going on. In my opinion, Season 2 should've focused on Shane turning into the inhumane leader and fighting for power against Rick. While that did happen, there wasn't enough of it. The subplots should not have been so numerous and so extended. Now, The Walking Dead is by no means a bad show, nor is it mediocre. It isn't the best show of all time and I find it ridiculous that it's being called the best show of all time. It's a fantastic show and when it comes to zombies, it can't get any better, but by no means is this Citizen Kane quality. Expand
  17. Oct 19, 2013
    the second season of the walking dead did not start well as the series came from a good season and his pace was not as intense, but its recent episodes have made a dramatic turnaround with very good episodes.
  18. Oct 19, 2013
    For a zombie apocalypse season two has a sparse amount of action and zombies, but an extremely high amount of irritating scenarios involving irritating characters. It's not as well crafted as the first season, and yet plot and character development is key but even though they try, the show doesn't go anywhere until the final episodes of the season.
  19. Oct 7, 2013
    It's not really better than the first season but that's all right. It's still a good show nonetheless. There's some great acting here. Though, it's not a revolutionary as other shows, it's still good. Entertaining.
  20. Oct 1, 2013
    The Walking Dead Season 2 beings exactly after the ending of Season 1 as the survivors are trying to find their way to a safe haven from the Zombies. The storyline takes them to a farm where they eventually meet new evils and dangers among new allies. The second season is more emotional than the first and is possibly the best character development out of all the seasons as far as Season 3 (this review is made afterwards). Majority of the characters who had little to no interaction from the first season has now a bigger part or role in this season which in the end brings them forth a incredible climax at the end. Expand
  21. Sep 29, 2013
    The first half of the season was weak. Just wasn't written nearly as well as it should have been. To be honest, if the mid-season finale wasn't good, I would have stopped watching then and there. Ultimately, I'm glad I kept watching because the second half was good, with solid acting and some exciting episodes, Still, it's the weakest season so far. It wasn't awful, but a lot of times, it just barely held my interest. Expand
  22. Sep 24, 2013
    Amazing show! It has everything a zombie apocalypse show should have! The acting is outstanding and has an amazing storyline. It has you on edge always worried about each character and what is about to happen to the group next. Some episodes have even made me cry! Amazing! I'm going to write this for all 3 season because they all truly are brilliant! No complaints!
  23. Sep 13, 2013
    It is the weakest season of the walking dead, the first episode was great, but then it turned slow and tedious, a plot that should not have been stretched so as to 13 chapters, I note that the last three episodes were very good.
  24. Aug 27, 2013
    The first half bogged down but the second one more than made for it. There were some memorable moments. Daryl continues to be my favorite character. Quite frankly, if he were to die, I would quit watching. The deaths of several characters were used to good effect. The last three episodes were exceptionally good. There were very few walkers encountered by the group, but whenever they were, the fights were always epic. Expand
  25. Aug 18, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. What a boring season. Seriously. All it contains is Rick and others looking for Sophia for about four episodes and then the ranch gets invaded by zombies. The characters are more retarded and irrational and it just makes me angry seeing how stupid they can be. Expand
  26. Jun 16, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This season had more action than the three of them. I liked it because it was interesting and many important things happened in this season. Liked that the group found more alive people Expand
  27. May 13, 2013
    This season was a little slow and sometimes boring, but I never cease to be entertained. It leaves us with a big sign of interrogation, about what will happen to the group of survivors.
  28. Apr 17, 2013
    I was suprised to see this season was the lowest rated season out of the 3. To me, season 2 had it all. My favorite season of ANY television program ever, incredible from start to finish!
  29. Apr 7, 2013
    The setting of the show is amazing the world is coming to an end and humanity is on the verge of returning to the Stone Age and becoming an agrarian economy. Zombies are decimating the world population I mean what was not to like!
    What surprised me was how the writers of the show managed to achieve the feat of making every character so unlikeable and pedestrian and as a consequence the
    series boring. The show fails remarkably in creating a dystopia. The post-apocalyptic vision the show captures is so mundane it was a struggle for me to sit through the six episodes of Season 1. The only good bits were the terrific visual effects.
    I’m going to fast forward to Season 3 and set up a scene for you A car is zipping across what is a deserted highway, brown leaves strewn on the road, you can tell the place has seen its share of carnage. One of the occupants of the car is our Hero, Rick Grimes. As the car races across the Road a solitary young man carrying a huge backpack appears and at first frantically urges the car to stop then begs and pleads with them to take pity on him and help him. There isn’t even a discussion by the occupants whether they should stop or not they just keep going. On the way back they cross the same patch of the Road. You can see there’s fresh blood on the gravel guts sprayed across the tarmac. There’s a dead body on the road it’s the same guy who wanted to be rescued desperately. The car crosses the Dead body or what’s left of it and as if as an afterthought the driver brings the car to a halt few metres ahead and pauses, then puts the car in reverse it comes to a stop next to the back pack. Somebody picks it up and they’r on their way again. Not a word is exchanged during all this. After all what is there to be said, characters are past debating the morality of such actions self-preservation now precedes everything and even 10 year old boys do horrible things not out of malice but out of necessity. And it’s not just Zombies that Humanity has to contend with it’s the danger they pose each other too, fighting over what are now quickly depleting resources. It’s moments like these that are flat our brilliant and for once you do believe the apocalypse is upon our planet. The problem is scenes such are these aren’t too frequent and that I believe is what’s now keeping it from becoming a cinematic achievement, but the show has improved considerably since early days and I believe now finally it’s hands down the best series ever created against the backdrop of a post-apocalyptic earth. Random thought would have been great to see someone adapt ‘World War Z’ into a TV series I know it is not going to happen. The movie Trilogy will be great 6- 8 hours of entertainment nonetheless, delivered over a course of three years.
    I felt nothing for the characters in ‘The Walking Dead’ even mid-way through season 2 and stopped watching after the 5th episode. But I’m glad I gave it another chance last week (couldn’t sleep, decided I’d watch one more episode and perhaps see why the US of A was so fixated on how amazing it really was, I ended up watching right through to the end of Season 3). It gets better during the latter half of the second season and the third season is when the show finally sets out to become what is should have been in the first place a chilling tale of survival on a doomed planet (YES, I took the trouble to think real hard and come up with the most hackneyed cliché to describe it). Like me, if you hated the show early on even though you were a fan of the genre and wanted to like the show, I’d recommend you give it another shot and stay with it a while you will not be disappointed unless you don’t like Zombie genre all together, if that is the case then I doubt you’ll find any merit at all in this tale.
    I can’t wait to see where they’ll be taking it come Season 4 because NO, I don’t read comic books so I don’t know what the story has in store for us.
  30. Mar 28, 2013
    While the first season was great fun to watch, season 2 kinda disappointing with long drawn out plots and bad writing. Felt like a chore to get through at some points. Final delivered though.
  31. Mar 26, 2013
    um pouco melhor que a primeira temporada, não que a primeira fosse ruim, mas o que faz com que eu aumente a nota da temporada dois o numero de episódios que me fizeram querer mais de TWD.
  32. Mar 24, 2013
    “The Walking Dead” Season 2 has finally been viewed by me and so far it’s the best season (slim picking though). This season retains the same themes and messages of the series. The questioning of life or death, humanity, and all those deep, thought provoking things that we’ve loved about the show.

The season itself is very isolated and mostly takes place in one location. Zombie attacks,
    deaths, and decapitations for the most part are toned down and the season is slower paced than the first. However, what it lacks in action is more than made up in certain episodes, mostly the last couple.

One thing in particular this season does so well is character development. Action is lacking and a lot of the tension comes from he characters and their motivation. We see characters grow and change and how their certain situation is taking away their humanity. Certain characters become likable and earn a soft spot in our hearts.

Overall season 2 is great. The sheer amount of character development more than makes up for the over longing story arches and minimal zombie attacks. However, key episodes particularly the last few are intense and filled with action and gore. I give it 4.5/5
  33. Mar 13, 2013
    Started off reasonable, headed into mediocre territory, and finally finished strongly. Several characters are often unreasonable and annoying. The uninteresting dialogue they are handed makes the already slow plot glacially paced. The Sophia missing plot frustrated me to no end, with it's slow place and seemingly never-arriving resolution, thought when its resolution is very powerful.The strongest episodes are packed at the latter end of the season and redeemed what could have been a lost season. The lone exception involves Shane shaving his head at the beginning and end of the episode. 7.4/10 Expand
  34. Feb 24, 2013
    Season 2 is considerably weaker than season 1, largely due to the survivors being in 1 location for the entire season, and focusing much more on human drama, which at many times feels very boring, fake and unimportant. Nonetheless an okay season for a great show.
  35. Jan 27, 2013
    Incredibly intense and amazingly brilliant. New characters, more violence, bigger zombie battles...there are few shows on television as satisfying a The Walking Dead. The episode when they find Sofia is the absolute best in the series; intense, but emotionally resonant as well.
  36. Dec 26, 2012
    I didn't enjoy the 1st half of the season, the farm part and sophie story could have been presented in a shorter time, it just dragged...the 2nd part felt more like season 1 with more action and drama and new surprises.
  37. Dec 14, 2012
    Season 2 is where the Walking Dead hit some slow points, mainly with so many episodes being based at a farm, which definitely got boring after a while. The saving grace though was the consistently solid cast, including a at times really enjoyable, while at other times really boring plot. Though up and down, the season finished very strong with its midseason and season finales, which were both action packed and jaw dropping. Expand
  38. Nov 29, 2012
    One of the best seasons of one of the best shows of all time. I am not a zombie person - little to no interest in most zombie-themed things. But, like all truly great shows, The Walking Dead uses a somewhat outlandish plot to tell a story that is about so much more. It literally felt like my heart was being ripped out of my chest - and I loved every moment of it. I literally can't think of any piece of entertainment that has touched me as much as this - in large part due to the amazing storytellers and phenomenal actors in ever part of this ensemble cast. The themes of each season are so strong, and the plot is so literary - characters behave as real people, people that you know in your own life. I have had long conversations about The Walking Dead with everyone I meet who watches it - like all great works of art, I want to discuss it and share it with as many people as possible. Seeing anyone hating on this show makes me lose all hope for humanity when it comes to finding good entertainment. This show is the best. Expand
  39. Nov 28, 2012
    This season got pretty good a bit too much drama in between and stuff and annoying ppl and some overdone parts but other than that its a good show for srue
  40. Nov 20, 2012
    The first season was good this season was remarkably slow and boring as hell, they do nothing this season and spend the first 7 or 8 episodes looking for this girl on a farm. The acting is 4 out of 10 and varies from actor to actor, but nothing comparable to other AMC shows such as Mad Men and Breaking Bad.
  41. Nov 9, 2012
    This season needed to give more than it did. It's holding back from us. Why?
  42. Nov 4, 2012
    I like TWD. One thing i don't like are the stupid lacks of logic when zombies appearing on the scene. Nearly every episode a zombie horde occurs, they apparently come out of nowhere. That's a big flaw that makes a great series that maybe deserves a 9/10 to just a good series...
  43. Nov 3, 2012
    A much slower, dramatically focused season than the opener, but also a little bit less engaging somehow. Regardless, The Walking Dead remains to be one the best shows currently on TV. The characters are all brought out very realistically by the committed cast and the morally gray tone of the show is consistently thought provoking week-by-week, not to mention the fact that there are tons of great shootouts, head-shots, mutilations, and overall gore to keep us entertained. Every character that is killed off is given reverence and commemoration (I was particularly moved by the death of Dale in near the end of the season). All of the harrowing situations and tension feels perfectly realistic. A show that I remain consistently engaged in and recommend highly to anyone. Expand
  44. Nov 2, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The first season was a very interesting introduction, and perhaps the shorter time allowed for it to be more interesting. The reason I say this, is because the second season seems as if it's limping on at times. The first half of the second season focuses on the disappearance of Sophia. This would be great if we'd gotten a better glimpse into who Sophia was, and how she effected the rest of the characters. We do get some insight into how they all generally react to the loss of a member, and the loss of a child, but the end of that mid-season finale loses some of its impact because it isn't given said depth. The conflicts between characters are generally interesting, but some of the characters are written poorly, and not as active as they should be. For instance, there's a scene in which Dale is holding a gun to Shane, and trying to convince him to stay where he is, but for no particular reason backs down. The ending revelation is interesting, but also unnecessary. For characters, it's important that they know that every stands the chance of being infected. But this is played to the audience as if we hadn't figured that out at the CDC building in season 1. Expand
  45. Oct 28, 2012
    The Walking Dead is back and better than ever. Rick and the group encounter Herchel Greene, a farmer and father. They begin to build a stable life with Herchel but everyone has their nasty little secrets, after Herschels secret is out all hell breaks lose causing tension between both groups and resurfacing Rick and Shane's little problem with Lori. TWD Season 2 is a must watch for any TV fanatics.
  46. Oct 27, 2012
    The second season was great too! I might not have given it a 10 if I had wrote this before the mid-season finale but from that point on to the season finale it let loose with the fury of a bull in a red room. The season finale was mostly awesome with the exception of Lori getting mad at Rick and pulling away when he told her he killed Shane. She practically told him too a few episodes back. That final shot of the prison was spine chilling! Hopefully Season 3 lives up to the hype. Expand
  47. Oct 27, 2012
    The first season was great, but this season was was alright but boring. 7 episodes were wasted by looking for Sofia ever since she got lost in the first episode. his season made me dislike a lot of chracters now. Dale looked bad this season but he was just trying to help then he got killed by a zombie thanks to Carl who I hate so much for killing one of my favorite character. Shainn was just... watch the season and see why i hate him the most. But this season also had so great episodes( the bandit ep and the last ep and a few more). Its a let down this season. hopefully season 3 will be better. The Walking Dead Season 2 6.5/10 Expand
  48. Oct 22, 2012
    Anyone marking this down because it's slow is missing the point and in danger of sounding like an idiot. There are enough fast paced zombie DVDs to fill several skips. Whilst it may be that budgets were tight this season so the action was pretty much limited to one location, it actually serves the story extremely well. There's time to really let the characters soak in, their fear, paranoia, and the dehumanising effect of their situation. Some of the acting is not brilliant (but certainly not bad), but the writing really lifts it. A good example of a series exploiting the benefits of telling a story on TV - taking time! Expand
  49. Oct 21, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Not as strong as the first season. Season two feels too dragged out, almost the entire season takes place on a farm and it becomes too familiar, not enough happens in each episode to feel that the story has been developed further. The first couple of episodes are good and so are the last few but it gets a bit lost in between. It almost becomes a soap as the characters begin to deal with real life issues rather than the actual zombies that surround them. Lets hope season three is better! Expand
  50. Oct 14, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Season 2 picks up where season 1 left. The first episode I remember was extremely well done - I was definitely looking forward to the next. Sadly, as the show progressed through the first half of the season, it became disappointing to realize that the culmination of the first 7 episodes (or maybe 6, too lazy to go back and check.) was simply the idea that Sophia was dead, which I was predicting since the second episode. The pick up was when the characters started to go at each other in the last few episodes - the group is no longer one piece as the series ends with a great demonstration of frustration and sacrifice. Rick is no longer looking for discussion, he is the leader now, and that fact scares much of the group. Season 3 is looking excellent. Fight the Dead, Fear the Living. Expand
  51. Aug 1, 2012
    The beginning of the season was a little slow, however it was needed material to lay the base and character structure for the action-packed final three episodes, and to the reveal of the new prison location. Overall great show!
  52. Jul 29, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Season 2 had it's ups and its down from beginning to the end. With the Death of Sofia and of Shane and some of Hershel's close family. The story seemed slow for some but what the writers seemed to of wanted to do for the viewers was to go farther in depth and show everyone what they were deep down inside. The biggest twist I thought came in the episode "Pretty Much Dead Already" when the group found out there were walkers in Hershel's barn. The Episode "Nebraska" also showed that there were more survivors than just Rick's group and the really posed a thread especially after Rick brought back one of the men from the group who fired upon him to the Farm. The biggest loss besides the death of Sofia would had to of been the death Shane my favorite character I felt like he posed a threat to Rick & the group yet that he had what it took to support the group and to lead them to safety for which he did already for Rick's son Carl and Rick's Wife Lori. Some other crazy things that happened were Carl was shot and Shane sacrificed Otis to keep himself alive and to get the supplies to Carl so Hershel could preform surgery on him and try and save his life. Season 3 to me seems like it is going to be twice as better than the first two seasons. Expand
  53. Jul 20, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The second season of The Walking Dead was a total letdown and a embarrassing work of television. The show has become a lame and melodramatic soap opera full of idiotic and hateful characters who keep trying to irritate the spectator by doing the dumbest things all the time.

Despite a great source material and a first great season we get this rubbish that is not even worth talking about. The show is so bad you want to root for the zombies to kill them all, because seriously you will end up hating the protagonists much more for their dumb opinions, terrible dialogue and horrible acting.

The only character you wanted to get to live (Dale) ends up dead after an idiotic scene that made no sense. And he is not even THAT likable, he's just not an **** like the rest of them. The writers should be ashamed of what they've done with what could have been a great TV Show.

I rate the second season 1/10 for the zombies because like in the first season they are well made.
  54. Jul 19, 2012
    I delayed watching the second season due to so many negative comments from friends and also other reviewers on the web. I realize now what a mistake it's been. What are people on? The second season was great. I think they really did a good job portraying what the human mind could have gone through in a zombified world while keeping the action flowing.

watch and judge for yourself, i'm
    sure you wont be disappointed (unless you jump on the hate bandwagon) Expand
  55. Jul 18, 2012
    I think this season has been unfairly criticized. The first half was perhaps a little slow at times and overall the season could have been done in 10 episodes as opposed to 13, but the last 4 episodes were on par with the series premier (which is one of the best series premiers I have ever seen) and even the slower/less eventful episodes were well done in their own right even if they didn't offer many significant plot developments. The cinematography for the series is always top notch and the farm setting really went well with the zombie theme giving the season a Romero/Night of the Living Dead feel. I think the actors all do fantastic jobs as well. Andrew Lincoln is one of the most versatile actors today, and Jon Bernthal's portrayal of Shane's progression throughout this season was amazing to watch. Expand
  56. Jul 11, 2012
    The best fiction show in years. When my friends talked about it, I thought it was going to be some lame zombie show. But after they convinced me to watch it, I realized i was way wrong. The show is so awesome, I can hardly describe it. This is one of the best shows on TV, almost as good as Fear Factor, almost as good as America's Got Talent, almost as good as Frozen Planet. I might even start to read the comics. Can't wait for season 3. Expand
  57. Apr 2, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The critically acclaimed Walking Dead returns with a second season amid high expectations following on from a great first season which benefited from being only six episodes long and contained some zombie scenes that delivered unbelievable suspense.

Unfortunately the second season only hits these highs on a few occasions, most notably at the beginning and during the second half. The decision to extend the season to thirteen episodes did not help the writers, who struggled to really fill the additional time with any meaningful story lines. Most viewers watch TWD for zombie action, and while I understand it takes periods of calm to build suspense and surprise in between the zombie action, these periods lasted too long this time around.

After a great first episode with an impressive zombie herd scene, the first half of the season is dominated by the missing Sophia and the search to find her. This storyline dragged on for several weeks too long, especially bearing in mind that we were barely introduced to her in the first season. In order to continue the search the group settles at an occupied farm nearby. The group remain here until the final episode and this gives the action a different feel from the first season. Settling down and not moving on through zombie infested roads and towns allows the writers to develop some of the characters, in some instances using the relationships with the farm occupants. It is at this point that the season starts to slow down and becomes too much of a soap opera. Trips away from the farm occasionally come across the odd zombie but the threat seems largely relegated in place of group tensions, cat fights and a love story. The merging of the survivors with the farm occupants leads to a clash of mentalities, those with first hand experience of the current world and those keeping faith in the chance of a cure. This provides the writers the opportunity to inject a spiritual point of view to proceedings that is ultimately disproved. Also, the terror of zombies that the group originally had seems to become less as the season progresses until almost all group members appear to become skilled and too confident in zombie killing. This only serves to lessen the suspense when we are treated to occasional zombie moments.

The season begins to improve dramatically when Shane, gradually spiralling out of control throughout the season, opens Hershel's barn and the Sophia story line is put to bed in brutal fashion. From this point on the action predominantly revolves around Shane and Rick, and the growing tension between them. Shane is the stand-out character of the cast, and driven by his belief that Rick is weak, ruthlessly strives to protect Lori and Carl. Starting by killing Otis, and next opening the barn, he butts heads with Rick throughout the season and the tension reaches boiling point when he decides to kill the prisoner Randall, leading to a fist fight surrounded by zombies that almost costs both men their lives. In the end it is Lori who unwittingly sets in motion a series of events that occupy the last two episodes by revealing to him that he may well be the father of her baby. The events to come are hinted at when Rick comments that Randall (loose in the woods having been freed) is not the only threat out there and they should look out for each other. Referring to the potential zombies, Rick may also have been aware of what was to come.

The barn burns in the backdrop of an impressively choreographed last stand in the season finale, signifying the end of their time at the farm as the group flee to pastures unknown. A third season is confirmed and it looks as though the social dynamics of the group may be shifting. Following on from his actions, Rick's position is in question, even with Lori and Carl and he lays the law down as dictator. The finale certainly posed questions to be answered by season three, what are the implications of being infected, who is the mystery gentleman that saved Andrea and where will the group head now. And will Merle ever catch up with them!
  58. Apr 1, 2012
    The Walking Dead: Season 2 has much more suspense, more blood, gore, thrills and chills. The Season Finale is the most shocking episode of this season.
  59. Mar 30, 2012
    The 1st season was very good, because they had the aim of getting to the CDC and the zombies were a constant threat on the journey there with many fights along the way. Season 2 has no overall aim except to survive. In the first 4 episodes pretty much nothing at all happens. The plot just slows to a crawl and then a complete stop. They stay in one place and take far too long looking for a missing person, and talk about the past and feelings and praying. Season 1 was an action survival horror show, season 2 is basically a soap that happens to be set on a farm during the zombpocalpse. They don't even fill the void with character development. Not only does they show do nothing to make you care about most of the characters but there are several of them I really wished would die as soon as possible. A zombie show should not make you root for the zombies, but this does. Expand
  60. Mar 28, 2012
    After the fantastic first season, The Walking Dead seemed like it was going to be one of these unbeatable shows. I went in expecting greatness, but ended in this zombie infested, convoluted Purgatory of a TV show. All the momentum generated by the first season completely vanished, leaving me feel like the first season had nothing to do with the second. Pacing was nearly comatose throughout the second season, with some instances of life shown through action sequences and "unexpected events." Remaining on a farm for an entire season was one of the worst ideas in terms of characterization and the overall role of the show. A bunch of people forced to live on a farm together will definitely cause drama and confrontations; zombies are not required for any of that. The show began to focus on ideas and situations that other shows like Dexter and Breaking Bad have analyzed masterfully. The Walking Dead needs to find its groove and use the zombie apocalypse to its full advantage. Action sequences, costumes, and overall art style are the only subjects keeping from giving this season a flat out 0. Expand
  61. Mar 28, 2012
    It started off slow this season but it quickly rebounded and now I can not wait for the next season to start. A must watch show that finally gives zombies from justice.
  62. Mar 27, 2012
    This show just doesn't have the characters to really make you care about them so if the plot isn't progressing then it's a huge waste of time. The acting and dialogue is terrible (bad southern accents and hearing Shane say "Let me tell you somethin..." every episode). This is like the McDonalds of TV dramas
  63. Mar 26, 2012
    Season 2 was really good, but not as intense as a season 1. Still great. Story real good, and so is the acting. Some score but still good. Ended very well lead to season 3. Can't wait. I would give it a 9.5 out of 10. Single number I would give it a 10 out of 10.
  64. Mar 24, 2012
    This show moved very slowly in the first half and even thought this show has a few inconsistencies that are picked at, which usually happens with all the popular shows. Every show has them. Yes, even Breaking Bad but overall this series is entertaining and keeps people coming back and talking about it.
  65. Mar 23, 2012
    Although not as distinguished as season 1, the second season of 'The Walking Dead' is still quite memorable in Its own right. The focus moved more from straight out action to established character development and analysis which is important in It's own right but the lack of walker attacks might alienate some viewers as this is still (for the most part) a zombie TV show. The budget was a lot more tight and it definitely shows but there was something fresh and invigorating about the setting which many fans should appreciate. Expand
  66. Mar 21, 2012
    After how superb season one turned out to be, to say I was excited for AMC's second installment was an understatement. The first season was awesome, plain and simple however it only delivered 6 episodes so when it was confirmed season 2 would consist of 13 i was delighted, the more the merrier right? Season 2 began with a bang. Literally a bang! Rick and the fellow survivors head towards Fort Benning however they soon become trapped on the highway as walkers surround them resulting in Sophia going missing from the group. As the first episode ends Carl (Rick's son) is inadvertently shot this leads Rick to a nearby farm owned by Hershel. This predominantly is the setting for the entirety of Season 2 and along with it the search for Sophia, it also brought us some new characters in the face of Hersehl and hi family. Whilst TWD returning in fabulous form unfortunately the show suffered from some serious pacing issues. Particularly in the first half of the season. Its all to stop-start and it prevents the show from flowing at an even pace. The story also failed to deliver for some episodes which was disappointing as the first season was hugely engrossing from start to finish. Maybe it's because of the setting, stuck on Hershel's farm, the long-drawn out search for Sophia or some plain stupid plot points. Thankfully episode 7; "Pretty Much Dead Already" was a massive turning point in the series. It was dramatic, eventful and more like it from the writers at AMC. It resolved the fate of Sophia and showed a ruthlessness amongst the characters, mainly Shane and set things up perfectly for the second half which was largely tremendous from "Nebraska" through to the finale "Beside The Dying Fire." The characters grew more and the plot thickened bringing around some momentous moments and deaths. The tension between Rick and Shane resulted in a showdown and drew to a fatal climax. There are also a surprise, tragic death to a central character proving that no one is safe ultimately leading to the fabulous finale where there are walkers, firefights, and a revelation that changed everything. Oh and the introduction of a familiar comic character left things perfectly poised for Season 3! Overall, Season 2 was a mixed bag that i thoroughly enjoyed. At times it was frustrating (Lori anyone?) and at times just amazing because as stop-start and flawed the first half of the season proved to be the second part of Season 2 was a fantastic return to form delivering more unmissable zombie action and making the wait for Season 3 seem almost unbearable. Bring on October! Expand
  67. Mar 19, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I would like to start by saying i am an avid reader of the comics, with that said i am in love with this show, and so excited for the return in October. For me as one who has read the comics, i thought that the events were going to play out like they did in the comics, despite knowing that they were already doing things differently. Some of the bigger events were still around like: carl getting shot and the barn full of walkers. but the other additions, i thought were excellent and i never really thought that the show had an episode that lacked this season, neither last season. but a show of this caliber that keeps writing consistent and doesnt have to rely on action sequences to keep entertaining, is a really nice change of pace and is the reason why i watch AMC and other stations like showtime and HBO. Expand
  68. Mar 19, 2012
    Okay, I'll admit that the first half of season 2 wasn't very good... at all. There was a reason for that though. There were COMPLETELY DIFFERENT WRITERS for that half of the season. I've grown so tired of critics (experts and users alike... and by the way... f*** Andy Grenwald from Grantland.com) continuing to complain about the first half of this season, over and over and over. The 2nd half has CLEARLY been much better, and that's because there are new writers who have taken over. It's not like their job was easy. They had to cover up all the plot holes from the first half, as well as develop characters since the other writers made every character annoying in some way. It's pretty amazing that it only took 6 episodes for the new writers to completely redeem the show. The suspense is back, and it's back in a BIG way. Especially in the season finale of Season 2. The characters have become much more interesting, and I couldn't be more excited for Season 3. The introduction of Michonne at the end of Season 2 pretty much made me crap my pants I was so excited. People need to either forget the first half of this season, or quit watching the show altogether. The 2nd half was basically an entirely new show. No other show on television has the action, or suspense, or violence (not to mention costumes for the walkers) of TWD. Best of all, I've grown to like every character (with the exception of Lori who I sincerely hope is killed off in Season 3), and actually care about whether they live or die in Season 3. I'll be on the edge of my seat, and it's because the writing is exponentially better with the new cast of writers. Expand
  69. Mar 19, 2012
    First season was better, but this season was no slouch either. I feel like my opinion changed from one episode to the next with this series. I appreciate character development, but sometime it's just redundant dialogue / interaction between the characters, and not enough forward movement of the storyline. However; just when it's getting slow it picks right back up again... but only to slow down of course. I think this season was good, but prolly could have been condensed into 5 episodes to be honest. I also think the cast director should be fired, it really has some of the worst acting ever, thank God the storyline can support them. Also, thank you for getting rid of Shane, I don't think I could take another season watching him make those stupid facial expressions. That said, the scene with Sophia may have been one of my top favorite moments in television. Very powerful stuff. All in all, after all my complaining, i will still be looking forward to season 3. Bring back the suspense, bring back the storyline, and bring back that Katana toting ninja zombie slayer! Expand
  70. Mar 19, 2012
    There were moments of suspense this season, though unfortunately more lacking such. I think the series would be much more exciting if the group had a common goal other than to simply survive, perhaps they could give the audience something to look forward to by trying to locate a cure or sustainable shelter. At the moment it seems as though personal conflicts are overstaying their welcome in the main story arc rather than the group focusing on what's really important. Expand
  71. Mar 16, 2012
    People love to nit-pick and moan and as soon as you see that in a review, stop reading. You're never going to get a balanced review when people rip into it like that - so he's my attempt of a balance review. Season 1 was yes, fantastic, but in 6 episodes, there's not much time to do wrong. For season 2, over double that have been made and therefore the action needs to be spread out more. This show is all about human emotion and tragedy, not blowing zombie brains out every 5 minutes. Being the first zombie TV series, the likes of gamers will have been immediately attracted to this show and of course human emotion doesn't exist these types of games, it's all about the action. So as soon as these fans started watching season 2, I believe they were shocked to see people talking about their feelings more than seeing heads being blown off. But in reality, this technique has actually been really effective. For other fans of the show, too much zombie killing and confrontation would get boring way too quickly, and suddenly the frequent appearance of the zombies, would make them less frightening, as the more we see and learn about the unknown, the less effect it has on us. However by having the zombies appear in small groups, only here and there during the season has built the tension up brilliantly, especially up to towards the end of the first half of the season. When they all suddenly appear, it makes the action much more intense, wild and unpredictable compared to how it would be if the zombies were the main focus of the show. In the second half of season 2 this use of bringing in the zombies at climatic points in virtually each episode has solidified this show as the best since Lost for me as the intensity continues to rise, whilst still holding a balance with human emotion - and the season finale looks to be possibly the best episode yet. Yes, at times during the first 5 episodes perhaps there was a little bit too much talk and I'll admit I was a little bored from time to time, but like I said, the lack of major events was a brilliant ploy leading us into the final episode of 2011. And again, I reiterate that most of the bad reviews will be coming from action-hungry gamers who instead got a taste of the undesirable, yet extremely relevant physiological effects of this type of scenario. There are also fans of the comics obviously watching this series, however they too need to understand one point - what works in a comic won't work in a TV series. Some things just aren't workable and that has to be accepted! So all in all I'd say that this season of TWD has turned out to be even better than the first, it's just a shame that yes, the first half was a little too uneventful but an even bigger shame that people can't accept the relevance of these episodes and move on. Expand
  72. Mar 13, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. All of you critics and users who are rating this show in the 80's must be easily entertained. Season 1 was decent it had flaws but moved a long a decent pace but this season has been ATROCIOUS. These writers make up rules as they go along. In season 1 they had to smear zombie guts on themselves to get past the zombies which logically makes sense. Fast forward to the season 2 premiere where they scout the highway and find no zombies in the far distance suddenly find themselves next to a herd of 200 zombies but don't worry guys these zombies cant smell people under cars thank god! Then we have the 8 episodes (exaggerating) of the search for Sophia unbelievably boring for a crappy character. Then the infamous water well episode. The crew find a zombie in one of the MANY wells of water which by the way are NOT interconnected and this zombie is all bloated and cut and oozing and they feel they should get this zombie out to not "contaminate" the well. WHO is going to drink water from that well? NO ONE. Fast forward through all the other pointless drivel to Dales death where we get to see the first STEALTH zombie dale turns around to find a stealth zombie who only started making noise as it was right on top of him. This show has spun out of control and no where near as exciting of pace as the comic books even with pointless made up characters. Expand
  73. Mar 13, 2012
    Wow! The Last Three Episodes of this Season have been pretty good,Season two has been a very slow start and i think the writers wanted to build up the drama that is coming to at the season finale.i can't wait for the 3rd season, this show has been a wild ride of zombie killing since the beginning.
  74. Mar 12, 2012
    BORING! Oh my god: the season one was awesome, fast, lot of new stuff, mystery, surprise. Season two is like beautiful with some zombie in the background! Why? Hope they change something if there will be a season 3!
  75. Mar 11, 2012
    The season has been been really good, and I think the last three episodes should put to rest any of the hate aimed at the season so far. I don't want to give it away, but people who weren't too thrilled with the episode seriously need to check out the last three leading up to the finale.
  76. Mar 8, 2012
    Disappointing! I liked the show until it went WAY off track from the comics. I understand the show cannot and should not follow the comics exactly, but the comics are popular for a reason. Killing off some of the most crucial, interesting characters while keeping others that barely utter a sentence is just poor writing. The zombies are the only character that have any real motivation and consistently follow through with it. Talk about ruining a good thing. These writers are simply going for easy shock value making the show just as crap as the other shows soon to be canceled. Good riddance. Expand
  77. Mar 7, 2012
    Filled with inconsistencies, logical fallacies, pointless subplots and poor acting (not excessively bad, just poor). Instead of a show about zombies, here we have a show about dicking around at a farm and infighting over silly things. Not a single problem that the characters face in this show couldn't have been avoided (quite easily) by the characters themselves. It's almost as if they go out of their way to cause problems for themselves. This leaves everything feeling very contrived and pointless. Now I'm not going to be one of those people who gets mad because the show doesn't have enough zombie killing and explosions, but if you're going to do character drama, at least do it right. As in, give us some characters whose personalities consist of more than "I'm a woman who can be just as tough as a man" or "My morals are more important than the well-being of the group". It's irritating and just leaves the viewer upset at the stupidity of the characters. Expand
  78. Mar 3, 2012
    Still waiting for this creepy and dramatic television series. acting writing directing and visuals are all up to snuff and exceed the standards we hold.
  79. Mar 1, 2012
    is Dallas back? really disappointed with season 2 , no action no suspense, just blablba and sex and pregnancy , zombies themselves are so bored than they don't attack them anymore
  80. Feb 24, 2012
    so good so far! really interested in what way there going to go with shane he is losing it more every episode! also that scene at the barn was one of the greatest moments in tv iv seen in a long time! also cant wait for merle to come back cause you just know his going to kill someone!
  81. Feb 23, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Season 2 can be really stale and repetitive at times. It really hurt to wait 1 year for season 2 and have it end up being so boring and repetitive. Nothing that could have an effect on future seasons is going to carry on from this season except the fact that you realize that Shane is getting crazier ever since the moment he killed Otism hopefully the 2nd half of the season is a better improvement and I will adjust my review accordingly Expand
  82. Feb 20, 2012
    Season 1 was amazing but this season 2 is just well ..boooring ... The stupid farm and there stupid love drama this show is now a chick zombie flick ... almost unwatchable and figures theres a woman directing so now ga reat show will go down in flames.. Bring back Darabont If we wanted to watch angry pregnant women and chicks crying about love we would all change the channel to something NBC or ABC plays on a regular basis witch is crap! Expand
  83. Feb 19, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. New name for this show is the Talking dead. all that is going on is uninteresting and unbelievable characters talking and talking and talking. For example how can a doctor (even a retired one) ever think that the zombies are cure able, this would be obvious even after a cursory exam ? The second season of this series is a bigger let-down then I thought possible due to the fact that now its about personal relationships, endless talking about feelings, and non-stop religious bs. and once in a long while a zombie comes along just to remind you that it is supposed to be exciting. How come none of the roaming bands of zombies have never found their way to this virtually undefended farm ? I mean after all it is a smorgasbord of dry witless characters waiting to be eaten... and to that I would say good riddance. Now I have to put all hope on Max Brooks's World war Z.... thou I have my fears Expand
  84. Feb 14, 2012
    The walking living is just as terrifying as the walking dead. I keep watching this episode over and over again only if just for the last fifteen minutes. Bang, bang, your dead. Wasn't sure why Glenn didn't prepare to fire. He seemed like he was in shock, even tho he'd been shooting and hacking his way thru Season 1. Love this show!
  85. Feb 12, 2012
    While hopes remained high that the producers would be able to deliver a stellar season II even after firing the original writing staff, those hopes were dashed by episode III of Season II, and the series has since devolved in drek. More often than not, drama that is not thought out very well takes the place of the survival horror feel and human conflict of the first season, and man does it reek of sloppy writing. Characters are now moronic and appear to have left their brains back in Atlanta. The story is too predictable, there are far too many plot devices now, and THERE ARE NO ZOMBIES! You're lucky if you see more than two now.

Take a pass on Season two, and pray that the producers pay attention to what the critics are saying.
  86. Feb 12, 2012
    I gotta say, the first season was good but the second is better. i have read all the comics and this show is good. just cuz the second season is "slow" like ppl are saying is crap. the comics are the same way this isnt a action show its a DRAMA!
  87. Feb 12, 2012
    This show is brilliant. It manages to make zombies boring. Every single character is either boring or loathsome. The tedious "end of the world" moralizing that takes place is about as enjoyable as watching an obese man with asthma try to eat pudding moments after walking up 10 flights stairs. What's doubly infuriating is the users on here who attempt to play the "I'm an intellectual" card by claiming that the slow plot-lines are allowing for "character development". You all may not realize it, but the best character development happens when we learn about someone from their actions. The key word here? ACTIONS. Having characters talk out their inner feelings and problems is lazy, and it's even worse when none of their actions (which are few and far between) make any sense. Expand
  88. gas
    Feb 12, 2012
    First season was good, honestly not that great, but good overall, nice plot, suspense, some twists, predictable but good writing, this second season was boring, very slow, full of uninteresting dialogues and overall a lot less focused on the "survival horror" flavor that me and i guess the most are expecting from a serie like this one.
    This last serie at the end is not bad, but it seems
    they gone out of good ideas quite soon, converting the serie into a soap. Expand
  89. Feb 10, 2012
    You can't be serious, who writes this tripe? I love having zombies on the box but could they not afford some decent writers? Those idiots are gonna get this show cut. Honestly, anyone who gave this a 10 has been beaten down by mediocrity on the small screen. Raise your standards everyone. Hope the zombies eat all but one of the characters (Sarah, bless her) before starting on the writers.
  90. Feb 7, 2012
    definitely a great season, the only thing that they really missed out on on this season was it had too little action, I guess they were focused on making the characters more developed which they pulled off flawlessly.
  91. Feb 3, 2012
    With top notch performances from Andrew Lincoln, Jon Bernthal, Laurie Holden, Sarah Wayne Callies and Norman Reedus, what's not to love about The Walking Dead? Due to a great ensemble cast and some of the best writers and directors in the game (most of them are responsible for writing and directing for some of the best shows on television, including: Breaking Bad, The Sopranos, The Wire, The Shield, Rescue Me, and Sons of Anarchy) The Walking Dead has became a mega-hit and due to a large fan base (Although some of you don't appreciate the Walking Dead's brilliance as much as others) a rating's juggernaut. Expand
  92. Feb 1, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. HI. Waited for season 1 with anticipation and excitement. HA! The writing was 50/50, the acting was good, and the suspence and action was great. Then I waited for season 2 with even more excitement. How dissapointed was I. The acting was terrible, the excitement level was almost non-exsistent, and the writing sucked. While I was watching it, it felt like I was watching a soap drama. 5 episodes of whiny characters who are asking the audience,'' Who's baby is it'', ''Oh no, its not ricks''. I hate soap dramas and this felt very close to one. Where is that feeling that its the end of the world? No more soap dramas, give us some action in season 3. Expand
  93. j30
    Jan 24, 2012
    Not as good as the first season, but the whole season comes in full circle in the end. The horrifying images from the finale have haunted me for days now. Compelling stuff.
  94. Jan 23, 2012
    Okay, so what the hell happened with season 2? There are so many inconsistencies with the 1st season, even the accents suck in #2. I've also had enough of the God talk.
    Disappointed.
  95. Jan 23, 2012
    The show is ok but nothing more. Just as the first season there were some good moment but in overall I'm quite disappointed. The graphic novels have some of the best zombie material ever with great characters and a good plot-line. However, some of the best plot-lines got tossed out and some irrelevant ones drag on. Carl gets treated in 1 page in the novels where this gets dragged out over an entire season in the series. So yeah, we get it, he really cares about his family. Maybe it really is time to get a new team in because they don't seem to grasp what makes the novels good. Expand
  96. Jan 22, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Please do something else with the second half of this season. The first half was kind of slow. I was just hoping they would find that stupid girl by episode 4 or 5, but no they stayed there the entire half season looking for her. Now that they found her (killed her I should say), the wrtiters need to move the characters on. Other than the plot, the acting, visuals, and makeup are great. Expand
  97. Jan 18, 2012
    Season 1 fantastic. Season 2 poorly written bad pacing between and during scenes bad film quality bad editing. More of a soap opera that uses an apocalyptic attention getter to try to hook in it's viewers while using character development as the excuse for bad tv. It does not stick to any story line from its last season mostly except the Shane loves Lori story line that is redundant. Rick Grimes the lead has been reduced to a cry baby while Shane Walsh has turned into the Jacob Black of Twilight with his new buff body and bald new do. This show is not for people who like a complicated drama all though it demands its audience to see it that way. Cliche characters bad development and an un sureness of where they want to go with it is pretty clear in it's presentation. The show expects the viewers to sit through bad episodes until the last one which will be good and use that as an excuse for slow build up until it returns yet again from yet another break. The impression I get is people actually like this show because most TV has gone down the tubes but accepting this show as great is just settling it's far from it and needs a lot of work hardly worth an award hardly worth waiting around to see if it gets better the stone has been set, and hardly worth showing again on my TV set. Expand
  98. Jan 15, 2012
    I know zombie movies are generally not the most original or clever things you can watch but that doesn't mean you can't at least *try* to be a little clever at times! I reasonably enjoyed The Walking Dead - it had plenty of tedious moments (mostly when zombies were on their tracks) but it had good locations and there was the air of mystery. In season 2, I couldn't take it any more after 3 episodes of dullness and the worst of clichés. The characters can only be so stupid before you lose faith in them and just hope they get killed to put them out of their idiotic misery. It's one thing for people to act this way when they're surprised but they had months to prepare, months to think of strategies, ideas to survive, ways to warn eachother, formations to take, etc.. Instead we see a bunch of idiots playing with their lives just so there can be encounters with zombies to add suspension. Except most zombie scenes are so dull and annoying, I just want them over with. A big reason for this, is because the zombies are just all wrong. The writers can't seem to agree on how zombies should work. Are they entirely brainless? A lot of the time, it looks like that. Do they still have parts of their minds so they can recognise things? When it suits the script, it seems ... Are they curious about noises they hear? Again, when it suits the script.

The first episode alone had a gazillion such errors. A zombie *happens* to enter the CV - maybe he was planning to go on a trip? There's only a thousand cars out there and he goes inside theirs. "Oh but maybe he can smell her!". Yeah right, and all the people hidden under the cars he can't smell? Are you kidding me? Or how about how fast the zombies showed up. You had the old fart on the roof looking around with miles of empty highway ahead in both sides and suddenly, there are hundreds of them and within yards of the cars! Teleporting zombies??

I'm sorry, but there's limits to have far I'm willing to give (usuallly American) shows leeway when it comes to twisting reality just so they can add some crappy action scenes. A clever zombie movie (like 28 Days Later) would create a situation where humans are clever and still have a hard time surviving. Here they reduce humans to utter morons as way to create suspense. It's lazy, it's cheap, it's infuriating and it only alienates the characters from the viewer who are left with no-one to identify with. Stupid stupid stupid ...
  99. Jan 13, 2012
    Season 1 was a 6 for sheer entertainment. If they always wanted to make this show about the characters lives post "walker uprising", they should have casted A LOT better! Writing needs help too.
  100. Jan 11, 2012
    Sorry fat people! Lets just say if it ever comes to this...Im going to India where there are more vegetarians. The only Zombie show taken seriously as a WAKE UP call in how survivors will deal with world cataclysm. According to experts after a few days of catastrophe without food/water people turn to CANNIBALISM! go diet

1. Reviewed by: Matt Zoller Seitz
    Oct 21, 2011
    As we head into Season 2, it's becoming increasingly clear that they [the actors] can't make these characters interesting, because they're too thinly conceived.
  2. Reviewed by: Michelle Welch
    Oct 20, 2011
    In many ways, it was where the series ought to have begun.
  3. Reviewed by: Rob Owen
    Oct 17, 2011
    The show creates tension--through atmosphere and characters the audience cares about--and offers so many make-you-jump scares that by the end of an episode, you're left breathless.