• Network: AMC
  • Series Premiere Date: Oct 31, 2010
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5
8.1

1. Apr 12, 2013
    I was never planning on watching this series. Mostly I just don't like to watch horror. That said, this is such a good mix of drama and horror that I got hooked. Now I can't miss an episode. I think the third season was as strong as the previous two seasons and am eagerly awaiting season four.
  2. May 23, 2013
    The best season of the series, so far. Best performances more epic moments, excellent script, perhaps the only thing that disappointed me was the end.
  3. Jun 7, 2013
    It was a solid season. It wasn't as good as season one but was much better than season 2. I liked that they're starting to make other humans the main threat, as opposed to walkers. And with the exception of Holden, the acting was very good. The first half of the season was very exciting and well written. Unfortunately, the second half wasn't as good. There was a great episode inIt was a solid season. It wasn't as good as season one but was much better than season 2. I liked that they're starting to make other humans the main threat, as opposed to walkers. And with the exception of Holden, the acting was very good. The first half of the season was very exciting and well written. Unfortunately, the second half wasn't as good. There was a great episode in "Clear," a couple of good episodes, but most of them were decent at best and one, "I Ain't a Judas," was awful. The season also went out with more of a whimper than a bang, although I'm curious to see in what direction they go with the prison now. The season had a great start, but overall I thought it could be better. It was still enjoyable for the most part, but I'm really hoping season 4 brings us back to the greatness that was season 1. Expand
  4. Dec 16, 2014
    This is a good season. The prison setting shows that the show can be innovative in it's approach to the story. The irony surrounding the prison being used as a safe haven is fresh as well. The inbalance in terms of character concentration has not been carried over from season 2, which is relieving to say the least. The story doesn't compromise itself nor do it's characters. Truthfully,This is a good season. The prison setting shows that the show can be innovative in it's approach to the story. The irony surrounding the prison being used as a safe haven is fresh as well. The inbalance in terms of character concentration has not been carried over from season 2, which is relieving to say the least. The story doesn't compromise itself nor do it's characters. Truthfully, they compliment each other, but I cannot turn a blind eye to the way that the 'fillers' are still easily recognizable. In terms of the plot, 'The Governor' became a personal favorite of mine as did the cute little town of Woodbury. Season 3 is entertaining and shows signs of consistency, and for those reasons it deserves some recognition. Expand
  5. Oct 23, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Season 3 was a HUGE improvement over Season 2, but it fell apart after the mid-season finale. The first half of the season is fantastic setting the stage for the drama that starts up. The prison conflict, the Governor, Andrew's return, it was all great. There were just enough subplots and it fit well with the main plot of season 3. I liked all the new characters (Oscar being one of my favorites) and it was all good, but then the problems come in, the first being Michonne. Now, most people are confused as to why I don't like Michonne since she has friggen sword and is seemingly a BA character, but my problem is how she starts off as awesome right away. She knows exactly what to do and is awesome at doing it. While she isn't a Mary Sue, it just bores me to see her on screen because I know she'll do all the perfect things to survive. Now, a lot of people call me a hypocrite for hating her and praising Daryl, but the thing is, Daryl had character growth and build. He started off as a unlikeable jerk who was self centered, but was BA with his crossbow and knew what to do. As Season 2 progressed, he became extremely volatile towards people, but showed his sensitive side towards Carol and eventually became a valued member of the group in the end and now has the character to back up his awesome personality and BA moments. Michonne is completely lacking of that character development and when there are 2 BA characters in the group, it just becomes redundant. That's not to say Rick, Oscar or Tyreese weren't cool, but Daryl and Michonne are clearly represented as the BA characters and we only really need one. Having more is obnoxious. Now, after we get past my character problems we get to the mid-season finale. The climatic assault at Woodbury ends up with Oscar getting killed (he died too soon) and Daryl getting captured and getting set up to fight against his brother Merle who was framed for the attack, and it ends as a major cliffhanger and I couldn't wait to see how Daryl would get out of this one. Well, right off the bat, the trailer for the rest of Season 3 ruined everything it built with Daryl and Merle as it clearly shows Daryl in a different scene clearly alive so that was a mood killer, but that's not why I didn't like the rest of season 3. What I hated was all the build up for the war between Rick and the Governor. Now, for the first 2 or 3 episodes of the buildup, it wasn't really a problem as I wanted there to be some sort of build up, but while this is going on, nothing is really happening except with Rick going crazy and some Woodbury stuff. There was nothing else going on and it was really boring to watch. Now, I really enjoyed the filler episode where Rick goes back to where Morgan was because there was something going on, but it had nothing to do with Woodbury outside of the fact that they were getting guns. If anything, the rest of the season should've been focusing on getting weapons and supplies for the war and fixing the breaches in the prison and maybe revealing the prison is accessible through many areas and zombies start pouring in. If it would've focused on that, combined with some filler, it would've been much more interesting than all the nothing going on. Now, I can't act like they didn't have a few episodes like the ones I described. Like I said earlier, the filler episode was about them getting weapons and supplies and there was the subplot with Merle taking Michonne to the governor in an attempt to assassinate and Rick contemplating if he should hand Michonne over to the Governor or not. When those bits were actually on screen and present it was great, but there was so much pointless filler that it ruined a lot of that. And the "final" battle between Woodbury and the Prison sucked so hard, that's an entirely different review altogether. What I will say about it is why I didn't like it was, with the amount of "build up" leading to it, it was resolved too quickly and the "26 body count" that AMC was bragging about was just the Governor killing off all of his soldiers. So, in the end, I was left disappointed with how they ended things, but I have high hopes for Season 4 because of the greatness of the first half of season 3 and all the potential this new writer has. Expand
  6. Jun 16, 2013
    There is no comparison between this season and the two before. Plot extraordinary,. Action, suspense, Drama in one tv show. Great. That's all i can say. can't wait for the next season
  7. Apr 15, 2014
    Esta temporada fue mejor que la segunda pero no tan brillante como la primera, razones, pues la 1era mitad de temporada fue buena, pero es en la segunda parte donde pecan en lo que es alargar la trama, episodios de relleno sin un fin de avanzar la trama, y un final de temporada algo decepcionante.
  8. Aug 8, 2013
    When I first heard they were turning this comic into a show, I was sure it would not get many viewers and be cancelled. The Walking Dead at heart is a story about people trying to survive, or figuring out why even survive in the first place.
    I figured most genre fans would be upset with the lack of zombies, gore and 'coolness' in general. And I thought everybody else would think it would be too scary gory and violent to even tune in. However, both the show and viewers surprised me, and TWD has become the most popular cable show ever.

How Andrew Lincoln has not been nominated for an Emmy is simply amazing.
  9. Sep 16, 2013
    Cómo la web me pide un mínimo de 150 caracteres, y necesito hacer el review para poder tenerla archivada en mi perfil, pues suelto este rollo y mi votación es de 8. Un saludo.
  10. Sep 24, 2013
    Amazing show! It has everything a zombie apocalypse show should have! The acting is outstanding and has an amazing storyline. It has you on edge always worried about each character and what is about to happen to the group next. Some episodes have even made me cry! Amazing! I'm going to write this for all 3 season because they all truly are brilliant! No complaints!
  11. Nov 15, 2013
    The Walking Dead esta maior e com menos conteúdo racional, o roteiro insiste em fazer drama com banalidades e a narração repetitiva e cansativa, o numero de zumbis ao invés de diminuir só aumenta a cada temporada e a lógica passa cada vez mais longe da serie.
  12. Oct 11, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Wow. Failure. Spoilers follow. I feel like the original writers are completely gone, or they just ran out of ideas. Too much generic horror movie stuff, nonsensical zombies appearing out of nowhere, pointless relationships, and total failure to represent characters from the comic(except Michonne I guess, who still isn't accurate but I actually like her better in the show). Tyreese was absolutely epic in the comic, why even include him if you are just going to waste the reference? The governor, god... I don't even know where to start. If you want a totally different character with a couple of small references to the comic, make a new one. The show's governor is a complete waste of time, and the longer they draw that crap out the worse it makes everyone look. This guy with no police or military training can chase a bad-ass woman who can clearly handle herself, announcing himself as he goes, and she chooses to hide scared like a teenage girl in a horror movie over and over again instead of kill him. She also gets made into a complete moron for seeing how horrible this guy was and just writing it off repeatedly. Then we have Merle, who up until the end was portrayed as someone that nobody wanted to mess with, and because a few people kicked him while he was on the ground covering up(wouldn't that just anger the Merle we've known till now?), the governor totally destroys him in hand to hand combat, disarming him and killing him without suffering a scratch. Andrea and the Governor are portrayed pretty excellently in the comics, so to see these ideas reused in a much worse way makes little sense at all. Basically, if you've read the comic, don't bother with the show anymore. The comic is intelligent, character driven, and makes sense the majority of the time. The show has become a shadow of that, and I really feel like they have no good ideas of their own anymore so they keep going back and ripping off random stuff from the comic and changing the hell out of it for some reason in between bouts of ninja zombie packs. Expand
  13. Oct 19, 2013
    the third season of the walking dead began exploding and stayed that way throughout the season, she deserved high marks to release the last episode of this season in which I was quite disappointed.
  14. Nov 5, 2013
    Compared to the first 2 seasons, it is a little disappointing. But this time it's more gritty and sometimes a little comical in my opinion. I still can't stop watching it.
  15. Nov 11, 2013
    Episode #1 started off super stupid, but ended cool. Episode #2 was ok. Episode #3 through #8 were AWESOME, and I loved every one. Episode #9 to the end got worse & worse with each airing to the horrible final which left me totally not pumped for season 4.
  16. Nov 28, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. So this season a lot of stuff happens, Like a lot, more than season 2, however a show about characters... with no character development after about the 10th episode of this season.. is pretty **** ashame until the finale... which is 6 episodes later.. so the first half was excellent, and so was the finale, the govenors not dead though... God.. Expand
  17. Jan 22, 2014
    A soap opera with Zombies!!! Can't believe people like this drivel. It's trite and lacks any kind of original content. The acting is atrocious. The plot is dumb! Plot development has been replaced with effects and lame attempts of suspense. There are so many inconsistencies I can't believe anyone with any intelligence likes the way the writers have veered from Season 1 & 2.A soap opera with Zombies!!! Can't believe people like this drivel. It's trite and lacks any kind of original content. The acting is atrocious. The plot is dumb! Plot development has been replaced with effects and lame attempts of suspense. There are so many inconsistencies I can't believe anyone with any intelligence likes the way the writers have veered from Season 1 & 2. Woodberry is a joke...and the townspeople are laughable. It's all just melodrama...like I said, a soap opera with zombies!!! Expand
  18. Jun 25, 2014
    The third season of The Walking Dead is an uneven one. However there are great moments especially in the first half of the season. The second half plods along and nothing really happens. However the first half was so good that I didn't mind.
  19. Aug 1, 2014
    My favorite series of all time! This season and half of season 4 were both focused on the prison and the governor. It was a hectic season with alot of scary and intense moment's with alot of sad moment's that really kept me wanting more. But after a few hour's of watching the governor i was getting kind of sick of him, he was a good character but i just felt like they spent to much time onMy favorite series of all time! This season and half of season 4 were both focused on the prison and the governor. It was a hectic season with alot of scary and intense moment's with alot of sad moment's that really kept me wanting more. But after a few hour's of watching the governor i was getting kind of sick of him, he was a good character but i just felt like they spent to much time on focusing on humans vs humans than focusing on the main part of the series, zombie's. 4 episodes of the governor and i was sick of all the humans vs humans, but i still watched because it was still a good series. Now that there focusing on zombie's again i feel the show is going to be alot more epic! Season three is a good season, not the best of the walking dead. Too much of the prison made me feel kinda bored of seeing it. But i still did enjoy the season because it took you to a new enemy that was more of a threat than the zombie's. Expand
  20. Aug 19, 2014
    Introducing a ruthless antagonist and including more guts and gore than its predecessor, season three gets the job done in spectacular fashion. The finale may disappoint some, but it's nothing too unbearable.
  21. Sep 23, 2014
    #KillCarl

Never have I longed to have a character killed off in a series. Aside from the horrific tedium of Carl, #KillCarl, there is a mild prison stability which tires the viewer.
  22. Dec 4, 2014
    The walking dead is a tv series full of amazing plot twists and exciting events. The characters are colourful, and most watchers have an emotional resonance while watching, due to the fact the characters are colourful. The watchers connection to a character is strong, but is normally broken. The plot itself is interesting and will keep the watcher watching. A lot of the time you will findThe walking dead is a tv series full of amazing plot twists and exciting events. The characters are colourful, and most watchers have an emotional resonance while watching, due to the fact the characters are colourful. The watchers connection to a character is strong, but is normally broken. The plot itself is interesting and will keep the watcher watching. A lot of the time you will find it hard not to be watching the walking dead as most episodes are exciting and cliffhanger esque. Overall It is a well mad e tv series, which I would recommend Expand

There's still a sense that The Walking Dead is shambling along too lackadaisically. Great pulp is propulsive, ruthless. But the show's embrace of "B"-movie values is a heartening sign.
  2. Reviewed by: Willa Paskin
    Oct 12, 2012
    The Walking Dead is extremely realistic about the decayed, vast, destroyed world, and dopily idealistic about its main character.
  3. Reviewed by: Mary McNamara
    Oct 12, 2012
    If early episodes are any indication, Season 3 will provide a glorious payoff for those EST-ian weeks down on the farm.