• Network: AMC
  • Series Premiere Date: Oct 31, 2010
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5
8.1

1. Jun 24, 2014
    The best season for sure as we are in a new location, more deaths and twists, an awesome and deadly villain, better supporting cast and a more interesting story to along with it.
  2. Mar 20, 2014
    Probably the best season out of the first 3 seasons! I was losing hope in season 2. but the show turned around! When you cant wait till you see the next episode, that means it a good show! and this is it!
  3. Dec 1, 2013
    This 3rd season was good. The 2nd season is still better. The 4th season is bad. I have seen the first 7 episodes of the fourth season and the writers must be different. I recommend the other ones if you are starting to get into the series.
  4. Nov 21, 2013
    The epic TWD returns, with more Shane. Awesome gore and dialogue! Loved this season, full of jump out scares and awesome zombie effects. Frank Darabont has done good direction this time and added a whole new A+ horror in his epic show. TWD just got better.
  5. Nov 9, 2013
    The Walking dead is one of the greatest series i've ever seen, only Breaking Bad is on same level. Right from actors, story, drama and character development its just great! Many think that there isnt enough action but then people dont understand what the walking dead is about. This show is about people and thats happens to them in when the world goes under.
  6. Nov 5, 2013
    Compared to the first 2 seasons, it is a little disappointing. But this time it's more gritty and sometimes a little comical in my opinion. I still can't stop watching it.
  7. Oct 7, 2013
    Now it starts to get good. It's not perfect but damn it's getting better and better. seeing characters die, zombies getting their skulls bashed in every 15 minutes and a great adversary, The Governor. It's a great show now. Can't wait for season 4 next week!
  8. Oct 1, 2013
    The Walking Dead Season 3 starts off a bit after a time skip sometime after the end of Season 2. A lot has happened and many character changes have happened and will affect the overall development of the characters amongst themselves and amongst new characters. Several new characters have been added to the overall cast and bring forth a whole new view on the world of the TWD. A new feature introduced to this season is the fact that the storyline is divided between two groups of survivors. There are some episodes where they may feel like they are fillers but are essential to the character development of a already huge and growing cast of characters. Expand
  9. Sep 24, 2013
    Amazing show! It has everything a zombie apocalypse show should have! The acting is outstanding and has an amazing storyline. It has you on edge always worried about each character and what is about to happen to the group next. Some episodes have even made me cry! Amazing! I'm going to write this for all 3 season because they all truly are brilliant! No complaints!
  10. Aug 8, 2013
    When I first heard they were turning this comic into a show, I was sure it would not get many viewers and be cancelled. The Walking Dead at heart is a story about people trying to survive, or figuring out why even survive in the first place.
    I figured most genre fans would be upset with the lack of zombies, gore and 'coolness' in general. And I thought everybody else would think it
    would be too scary gory and violent to even tune in. However, both the show and viewers surprised me, and TWD has become the most popular cable show ever.

How Andrew Lincoln has not been nominated for an Emmy is simply amazing.
  11. Jun 22, 2013
    This is an example of a good show with a lot of gore but also a good and deep plot. Zombie apocalypse is very fashion this days, and i love. The way they survived was very plausible, the way they got from place to place and finally get to a good site. The way they planted to get food and how they made it to getting food for the baby, a lot of interesting aspects in this series that cannot be missed like the way they used close combat and the arrows very well. Expand
  12. Jun 16, 2013
    If zombies ever existed, I want to be on these guys team. The writers and producers of the show aren't afraid to take risk just to save their best characters. When you can kill off the star queen of the show who held everybody together for comfort, as a lioness nurtures her cubs, then you know The Walking Dead is genuine.

When you can feel the character pain is authentic and it leaps
    onto you, the production co. did their job. Expand
  13. Jun 16, 2013
    There is no comparison between this season and the two before. Plot extraordinary,. Action, suspense, Drama in one tv show. Great. That's all i can say. can't wait for the next season
  14. May 23, 2013
    The best season of the series, so far. Best performances more epic moments, excellent script, perhaps the only thing that disappointed me was the end.
  15. Apr 27, 2013
    Started off very strongly. This season is better than previous ones in all respects. More death, danger, zombie action, moral ambiguity and human threat. The first half ended on a high note and it only got better as the season progressed. I feel that if Andrea had devolved into a ruthless queen to the Governor, and totally shunned her former friends like they did her, it would have worked better for her character and plot. At least she wouldn't have been so replaceable. After watching this show, I think I know how to handle myself in a zombie apocalypse. Expand
  16. Apr 17, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Man, I love the walking dead. The best episodic series on television at the moment... I loved season 1, season 2 was even better, so this had to be good and it didn't disappoint! From start to finish I was absolutely entertained and shocked by some of the out comes. There were two episodes which I thought could of been explained better for example, the sudden and abrupt meeting between The Governor and Rik, where did that come from? And there should of been better use of the character, like the man who rik gave the radio to at season 1 (forgot his name). A mixed ending as well... BUT, all in all... Pretty much flawless... 10/10 Expand
  17. Apr 12, 2013
    I was never planning on watching this series. Mostly I just don't like to watch horror. That said, this is such a good mix of drama and horror that I got hooked. Now I can't miss an episode. I think the third season was as strong as the previous two seasons and am eagerly awaiting season four.
  18. Apr 7, 2013
    The setting of the show is amazing the world is coming to an end and humanity is on the verge of returning to the Stone Age and becoming an agrarian economy. Zombies are decimating the world population I mean what was not to like!
    What surprised me was how the writers of the show managed to achieve the feat of making every character so unlikeable and pedestrian and as a consequence the
    series boring. The show fails remarkably in creating a dystopia. The post-apocalyptic vision the show captures is so mundane it was a struggle for me to sit through the six episodes of Season 1. The only good bits were the terrific visual effects.
    I’m going to fast forward to Season 3 and set up a scene for you A car is zipping across what is a deserted highway, brown leaves strewn on the road, you can tell the place has seen its share of carnage. One of the occupants of the car is our Hero, Rick Grimes. As the car races across the Road a solitary young man carrying a huge backpack appears and at first frantically urges the car to stop then begs and pleads with them to take pity on him and help him. There isn’t even a discussion by the occupants whether they should stop or not they just keep going. On the way back they cross the same patch of the Road. You can see there’s fresh blood on the gravel guts sprayed across the tarmac. There’s a dead body on the road it’s the same guy who wanted to be rescued desperately. The car crosses the Dead body or what’s left of it and as if as an afterthought the driver brings the car to a halt few metres ahead and pauses, then puts the car in reverse it comes to a stop next to the back pack. Somebody picks it up and they’r on their way again. Not a word is exchanged during all this. After all what is there to be said, characters are past debating the morality of such actions self-preservation now precedes everything and even 10 year old boys do horrible things not out of malice but out of necessity. And it’s not just Zombies that Humanity has to contend with it’s the danger they pose each other too, fighting over what are now quickly depleting resources. It’s moments like these that are flat our brilliant and for once you do believe the apocalypse is upon our planet. The problem is scenes such are these aren’t too frequent and that I believe is what’s now keeping it from becoming a cinematic achievement, but the show has improved considerably since early days and I believe now finally it’s hands down the best series ever created against the backdrop of a post-apocalyptic earth. Random thought would have been great to see someone adapt ‘World War Z’ into a TV series I know it is not going to happen. The movie Trilogy will be great 6- 8 hours of entertainment nonetheless, delivered over a course of three years.
    I felt nothing for the characters in ‘The Walking Dead’ even mid-way through season 2 and stopped watching after the 5th episode. But I’m glad I gave it another chance last week (couldn’t sleep, decided I’d watch one more episode and perhaps see why the US of A was so fixated on how amazing it really was, I ended up watching right through to the end of Season 3). It gets better during the latter half of the second season and the third season is when the show finally sets out to become what is should have been in the first place a chilling tale of survival on a doomed planet (YES, I took the trouble to think real hard and come up with the most hackneyed cliché to describe it). Like me, if you hated the show early on even though you were a fan of the genre and wanted to like the show, I’d recommend you give it another shot and stay with it a while you will not be disappointed unless you don’t like Zombie genre all together, if that is the case then I doubt you’ll find any merit at all in this tale.
    I can’t wait to see where they’ll be taking it come Season 4 because NO, I don’t read comic books so I don’t know what the story has in store for us.
  19. Apr 6, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Okay, full review for the 3rd season of the walking dead is needed, and how happy am I that this season has actually decided to do something!
    We all have our bad memories of season 2 and-luckily!!!-we've had nothing but a reversal this time around, with the occasional downward point that has made this season the equivalent of HIMYM's 'crazy girl scale' of movement. It's been great and terrible in virtually every episode-and you know, I kinda like it now.
    It's looking like 'The Gov'ner(still lol whenever I say that) is going to be a reoccurring villain and I like that, but the one thing I'm worried about is Carl's turn down the Dark Side, he may end up being a problem for season 4,but I hope they don't go too far.
    All in all it's a great season and I'll get it as soon as it's on DVD
  20. Apr 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I can finally talk about the 3rd Season let me tell you there are spoilers. Andrea Dying at the end was the best thing TWD could do I could not stand her. I rate this season a 9 because theres tons of big info we moved from a farm and you got big fights with a real "bad guy" instead of fighting over land and walkers the whole show. I like they added mashone she was one of my favorite characters and she beat some ass ..im also glad meryl is dead 2 for 2 now to get rid of the govener Expand
  21. Apr 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Unlike seasons 1&2, season 3 is entirely about the interaction between humans and humans...the walkers remain gross and menacing, but the real battle for the people living in this post-apocalyptic world is how they'll survive each other. Due to some major character deaths, many potential story lines have been wasted/eliminated/avoided, the writers keep giving us quality television nonetheless. I'm hooked! You need to be watching this show. Expand
  22. Apr 1, 2013
    Make no doubt about it, this show is propelled by the frightening, hopeless, gory world of the zombie threat, yet what drives us to come back to the Walking Dead-week after week-season after season-is the humanity that struggles to stay alive in the wonderful "live" characters we grow to admire and root for. The production values are so high-the characters and their relationships are superbly acted--the writing of each scenario is done with a master craftsman's touch-- that you are compelled to feel deeply for Rick and his group. And when a character dies like Andrea or Merle, you mourn for their loss--because of their humanity notwithstanding the zombie chaos. Kudos to all who are involved in this series because you have elevated a simple horror theme to a compelling drama we can't get enough of. Expand
  23. Mar 26, 2013
    Simply the best show on television. The perfect blend of character development, a great story, and plenty of zombie killing (if you're into that like I am). If you're expecting just a mindless show with plenty of pointless killing this is not it, you have to love it and trust me you will.
  24. Feb 24, 2013
    With such a weak second season, the third season has proved episode after episode that this is the biggest survival horror of the present and will be for years to come.
  25. Feb 23, 2013
    The story development around the characters growth is great. Its so not about the blood and guts-- its about how to adapt in a new world and different challenges.
  26. Feb 14, 2013
    i think walking dead paves the way for horror tv for the future. its survival horror, its over the top moral dilema's. it has you thinking constantly, if i were rick what would i do better or differently (yes, we would all kill the zombies thru the chain link fence) everything is bit over the top with some great b grade moments. i love, love, love zombie movies, and for a tv show this is about as good as any Expand
  27. Feb 11, 2013
    This show, The Walking Dead is a masterfully well done piece of entertainment. From the acting to it's special effects it is a very captivating tale of Rick Grimes and his fight for survival. It explores themes usually left untouched, such as the darker side of humanity. It raises the question of what you, the viewer would do in such a situation. Survival of the fittest and compassion, what makes us human, in a constant struggle. The zombies aren't the focus, the struggles within are what is explored. The zombies only serve as a catalyst to convey this question, and sometimes the answers are not only griping, but downright horrifying. What we've got here is one of the best shows on television. With Season 3 in mind, what remains is nothing short of the first two seasons with no foreseeable intention of slowing down. Expand
  28. Feb 8, 2013
    Best show ever.. its really that simple. When I heard about this show, I thought, EH another zombie genre and didn't give it a look. After season 2 ended, it took Netflix and a boring Saturday to get me to start watching the show. After episode 3 of season 1 I was completely hooked. Not so much for the gore, but the human aspect and interactions. The dialogue is amazing. The idea of survival is so diverse and is well thought out with each character. Even when problems arise among the groups, its easy to lose sight of the bigger issue. The way the characters deal and interact with this larger issue is really what brings me back week to week. Season 3 is amazing so far and I can not wait to see what happens on the second half of that season. If you have not seen the show, i highly recommend watching as it is not what you would expect this kind of show to be. Absolutely brilliant! Expand
  29. Feb 3, 2013
    The Walking Dead is in my opinion the best show on television. The show has great character development and fantastic story arcs that will keep you on the edge of you're seat and wanting to know what is next. Season 3 adds and builds upon this with the prison story arc and with fantastic new characters such a The Governor or Michonne which change the dynamics of the show immensely.

10/10-Flawless Victory
  30. Jan 26, 2013
    Love this show. Been watching it since episode 1, and even though season two was "meh" this season definitely makes up for it. This is great television.

There's still a sense that The Walking Dead is shambling along too lackadaisically. Great pulp is propulsive, ruthless. But the show's embrace of "B"-movie values is a heartening sign.
  2. Reviewed by: Willa Paskin
    Oct 12, 2012
    The Walking Dead is extremely realistic about the decayed, vast, destroyed world, and dopily idealistic about its main character.
  3. Reviewed by: Mary McNamara
    Oct 12, 2012
    If early episodes are any indication, Season 3 will provide a glorious payoff for those EST-ian weeks down on the farm.