• Network: AMC
  • Series Premiere Date: Oct 31, 2010
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
7.8

1. Jul 25, 2015
    Introducing a ruthless antagonist and including more guts and gore than its predecessor, season three gets the job done in spectacular fashion. The finale may disappoint some, but it's nothing too unbearable.
  2. Mar 30, 2015
  3. Feb 23, 2015
    Wow that's all I can say for this season it was amazing so much happened here. All the characters that dealt with the problems with being on the road and everything it was amazing god this show keeps getting better and better.
  4. Feb 23, 2015
    Season 3 is very unique in the series in that it was a well known season for starting out with a bang, the episodes just kept on coming, I believe it was when everyone was watching the walking dead, probably even the breaking bad audience. Anyways some people consider season 3 as the best season, and I agree in that it was pretty great but not because it was fast paced but it had a lot ofSeason 3 is very unique in the series in that it was a well known season for starting out with a bang, the episodes just kept on coming, I believe it was when everyone was watching the walking dead, probably even the breaking bad audience. Anyways some people consider season 3 as the best season, and I agree in that it was pretty great but not because it was fast paced but it had a lot of interesting things for one the prison and Woodbury, both locations are characters in of themselves, they both have a "feel" to them, we spend so much time between those two locations that we sort build a map in our minds makes us feel like were there. Season 3 was great for it's conflicts, how much the characters have changed, and the arcs season 3 has. Expand
  5. Dec 16, 2014
    This is a good season. The prison setting shows that the show can be innovative in it's approach to the story. The irony surrounding the prison being used as a safe haven is fresh as well. The inbalance in terms of character concentration has not been carried over from season 2, which is relieving to say the least. The story doesn't compromise itself nor do it's characters. Truthfully,This is a good season. The prison setting shows that the show can be innovative in it's approach to the story. The irony surrounding the prison being used as a safe haven is fresh as well. The inbalance in terms of character concentration has not been carried over from season 2, which is relieving to say the least. The story doesn't compromise itself nor do it's characters. Truthfully, they compliment each other, but I cannot turn a blind eye to the way that the 'fillers' are still easily recognizable. In terms of the plot, 'The Governor' became a personal favorite of mine as did the cute little town of Woodbury. Season 3 is entertaining and shows signs of consistency, and for those reasons it deserves some recognition. Expand
  6. Dec 4, 2014
    The walking dead is a tv series full of amazing plot twists and exciting events. The characters are colourful, and most watchers have an emotional resonance while watching, due to the fact the characters are colourful. The watchers connection to a character is strong, but is normally broken. The plot itself is interesting and will keep the watcher watching. A lot of the time you will findThe walking dead is a tv series full of amazing plot twists and exciting events. The characters are colourful, and most watchers have an emotional resonance while watching, due to the fact the characters are colourful. The watchers connection to a character is strong, but is normally broken. The plot itself is interesting and will keep the watcher watching. A lot of the time you will find it hard not to be watching the walking dead as most episodes are exciting and cliffhanger esque. Overall It is a well mad e tv series, which I would recommend Expand
  7. Nov 28, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. So this season a lot of stuff happens, Like a lot, more than season 2, however a show about characters... with no character development after about the 10th episode of this season.. is pretty **** ashame until the finale... which is 6 episodes later.. so the first half was excellent, and so was the finale, the govenors not dead though... God.. Expand
  8. Aug 19, 2014
  9. Aug 1, 2014
    My favorite series of all time! This season and half of season 4 were both focused on the prison and the governor. It was a hectic season with alot of scary and intense moment's with alot of sad moment's that really kept me wanting more. But after a few hour's of watching the governor i was getting kind of sick of him, he was a good character but i just felt like they spent to much time onMy favorite series of all time! This season and half of season 4 were both focused on the prison and the governor. It was a hectic season with alot of scary and intense moment's with alot of sad moment's that really kept me wanting more. But after a few hour's of watching the governor i was getting kind of sick of him, he was a good character but i just felt like they spent to much time on focusing on humans vs humans than focusing on the main part of the series, zombie's. 4 episodes of the governor and i was sick of all the humans vs humans, but i still watched because it was still a good series. Now that there focusing on zombie's again i feel the show is going to be alot more epic! Season three is a good season, not the best of the walking dead. Too much of the prison made me feel kinda bored of seeing it. But i still did enjoy the season because it took you to a new enemy that was more of a threat than the zombie's. Expand
  10. Jun 25, 2014
    The third season of The Walking Dead is an uneven one. However there are great moments especially in the first half of the season. The second half plods along and nothing really happens. However the first half was so good that I didn't mind.
  11. Jun 24, 2014
    The best season for sure as we are in a new location, more deaths and twists, an awesome and deadly villain, better supporting cast and a more interesting story to along with it.
  12. Apr 15, 2014
    Esta temporada fue mejor que la segunda pero no tan brillante como la primera, razones, pues la 1era mitad de temporada fue buena, pero es en la segunda parte donde pecan en lo que es alargar la trama, episodios de relleno sin un fin de avanzar la trama, y un final de temporada algo decepcionante.
  13. Mar 20, 2014
    Probably the best season out of the first 3 seasons! I was losing hope in season 2. but the show turned around! When you cant wait till you see the next episode, that means it a good show! and this is it!
  14. Feb 20, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. My hopes were very high going into season 3 after a fantastic pay off for the overall very successful season 2 and I was rewarded by an action packed opening couple of episodes that just built the momentum more and more. Andrew Lincoln has always made this a show well worth watching however for me he shares the glory with David Morrissey's take on the Governor who is one of the most intimidating villains I've seen on tv. The pace is slowed slightly as the writers try to emphasise the stark differences between life at the prison and life at Woodbury but also in the way both groups are led. The theme of leadership is key throughout this season. The menace and threat is worked even higher as Rick and the Governor's paths finally cross but disappointingly this is also where the season loses momentum slightly. New characters are introduced but are given so little development that it's impossible to be invested with them at this point and things are slowed still by Rick's inner turmoil by events previous. Thematically for me the season works perfectly, it's execution at times is questionable especially with the writers treatment of Andrea whose incomprehensible decision making at times really tests the viewers patience and sympathy. Despite a promising build-up it doesn't quite deliver in the finale which remains the most disappointing of the three full seasons so far however there is enough drama, action and threat throughout to make this still a compelling season. Expand
  15. Feb 9, 2014
    Although the season as a whole is much more solid it still has its downfalls. The Woodbury plot lasted just a bit longer than it should have and so did the Rick-Lori plot. That said it was a very interesting and entertaining season and it did correct a lot of the flaws of the second season but it didn't quite correct them enough.
  16. Jan 6, 2014
    This show is still in my top 2 all time (right behind GoT), but it took a slight step back this season for me. Maybe it's because I love the comics and the stories they told, and that is probably true. The comics are some of the best story telling in any form since The Watchmen graphic novel. I thought they couldn't miss it when the said they were bringing in the Governor one of the bestThis show is still in my top 2 all time (right behind GoT), but it took a slight step back this season for me. Maybe it's because I love the comics and the stories they told, and that is probably true. The comics are some of the best story telling in any form since The Watchmen graphic novel. I thought they couldn't miss it when the said they were bringing in the Governor one of the best villain characters in the past 20 years in any form. But they really dropped the ball with him and are going to stretch out his story too long. Still, the show is very strong at giving us zombie action and great stories just please don't drag out a character like Andrea ever again on the show. Expand
  17. Dec 30, 2013
    Não consegue ser melhor que a primeira e a segunda temporada mesmo assim a adição de novos personagens faz a gente se envolver em uma trama mau manuseada e fraca que ao mesmo tempo boa mais não tanto.
  18. Dec 1, 2013
    This 3rd season was good. The 2nd season is still better. The 4th season is bad. I have seen the first 7 episodes of the fourth season and the writers must be different. I recommend the other ones if you are starting to get into the series.
  19. Nov 21, 2013
    The epic TWD returns, with more Shane. Awesome gore and dialogue! Loved this season, full of jump out scares and awesome zombie effects. Frank Darabont has done good direction this time and added a whole new A+ horror in his epic show. TWD just got better.
  20. Nov 9, 2013
    The Walking dead is one of the greatest series i've ever seen, only Breaking Bad is on same level. Right from actors, story, drama and character development its just great! Many think that there isnt enough action but then people dont understand what the walking dead is about. This show is about people and thats happens to them in when the world goes under.
  21. Nov 5, 2013
    Compared to the first 2 seasons, it is a little disappointing. But this time it's more gritty and sometimes a little comical in my opinion. I still can't stop watching it.
  22. Oct 23, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Season 3 was a HUGE improvement over Season 2, but it fell apart after the mid-season finale. The first half of the season is fantastic setting the stage for the drama that starts up. The prison conflict, the Governor, Andrew's return, it was all great. There were just enough subplots and it fit well with the main plot of season 3. I liked all the new characters (Oscar being one of my favorites) and it was all good, but then the problems come in, the first being Michonne. Now, most people are confused as to why I don't like Michonne since she has friggen sword and is seemingly a BA character, but my problem is how she starts off as awesome right away. She knows exactly what to do and is awesome at doing it. While she isn't a Mary Sue, it just bores me to see her on screen because I know she'll do all the perfect things to survive. Now, a lot of people call me a hypocrite for hating her and praising Daryl, but the thing is, Daryl had character growth and build. He started off as a unlikeable jerk who was self centered, but was BA with his crossbow and knew what to do. As Season 2 progressed, he became extremely volatile towards people, but showed his sensitive side towards Carol and eventually became a valued member of the group in the end and now has the character to back up his awesome personality and BA moments. Michonne is completely lacking of that character development and when there are 2 BA characters in the group, it just becomes redundant. That's not to say Rick, Oscar or Tyreese weren't cool, but Daryl and Michonne are clearly represented as the BA characters and we only really need one. Having more is obnoxious. Now, after we get past my character problems we get to the mid-season finale. The climatic assault at Woodbury ends up with Oscar getting killed (he died too soon) and Daryl getting captured and getting set up to fight against his brother Merle who was framed for the attack, and it ends as a major cliffhanger and I couldn't wait to see how Daryl would get out of this one. Well, right off the bat, the trailer for the rest of Season 3 ruined everything it built with Daryl and Merle as it clearly shows Daryl in a different scene clearly alive so that was a mood killer, but that's not why I didn't like the rest of season 3. What I hated was all the build up for the war between Rick and the Governor. Now, for the first 2 or 3 episodes of the buildup, it wasn't really a problem as I wanted there to be some sort of build up, but while this is going on, nothing is really happening except with Rick going crazy and some Woodbury stuff. There was nothing else going on and it was really boring to watch. Now, I really enjoyed the filler episode where Rick goes back to where Morgan was because there was something going on, but it had nothing to do with Woodbury outside of the fact that they were getting guns. If anything, the rest of the season should've been focusing on getting weapons and supplies for the war and fixing the breaches in the prison and maybe revealing the prison is accessible through many areas and zombies start pouring in. If it would've focused on that, combined with some filler, it would've been much more interesting than all the nothing going on. Now, I can't act like they didn't have a few episodes like the ones I described. Like I said earlier, the filler episode was about them getting weapons and supplies and there was the subplot with Merle taking Michonne to the governor in an attempt to assassinate and Rick contemplating if he should hand Michonne over to the Governor or not. When those bits were actually on screen and present it was great, but there was so much pointless filler that it ruined a lot of that. And the "final" battle between Woodbury and the Prison sucked so hard, that's an entirely different review altogether. What I will say about it is why I didn't like it was, with the amount of "build up" leading to it, it was resolved too quickly and the "26 body count" that AMC was bragging about was just the Governor killing off all of his soldiers. So, in the end, I was left disappointed with how they ended things, but I have high hopes for Season 4 because of the greatness of the first half of season 3 and all the potential this new writer has. Expand
  23. Oct 19, 2013
    the third season of the walking dead began exploding and stayed that way throughout the season, she deserved high marks to release the last episode of this season in which I was quite disappointed.
  24. Oct 7, 2013
    Now it starts to get good. It's not perfect but damn it's getting better and better. seeing characters die, zombies getting their skulls bashed in every 15 minutes and a great adversary, The Governor. It's a great show now. Can't wait for season 4 next week!
  25. Oct 1, 2013
    The Walking Dead Season 3 starts off a bit after a time skip sometime after the end of Season 2. A lot has happened and many character changes have happened and will affect the overall development of the characters amongst themselves and amongst new characters. Several new characters have been added to the overall cast and bring forth a whole new view on the world of the TWD. A new featureThe Walking Dead Season 3 starts off a bit after a time skip sometime after the end of Season 2. A lot has happened and many character changes have happened and will affect the overall development of the characters amongst themselves and amongst new characters. Several new characters have been added to the overall cast and bring forth a whole new view on the world of the TWD. A new feature introduced to this season is the fact that the storyline is divided between two groups of survivors. There are some episodes where they may feel like they are fillers but are essential to the character development of a already huge and growing cast of characters. Expand
  26. Sep 24, 2013
    Amazing show! It has everything a zombie apocalypse show should have! The acting is outstanding and has an amazing storyline. It has you on edge always worried about each character and what is about to happen to the group next. Some episodes have even made me cry! Amazing! I'm going to write this for all 3 season because they all truly are brilliant! No complaints!
  27. Sep 16, 2013
    Cómo la web me pide un mínimo de 150 caracteres, y necesito hacer el review para poder tenerla archivada en mi perfil, pues suelto este rollo y mi votación es de 8. Un saludo.
  28. Sep 1, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Too Long suffers the same problems from the second season, but at least its got more zombie killing action, also the 3rd season had an amazing start yet has a very somehow very Disappointing ending for its just to happy and i just couldn't believe what happened, it should have stayed in the direction of the comic book and make rick lose pretty much everything important to him and the group having to leave the prison. Overall i was rather quite disappointed with the 3rd season for i expected it to be better then the 2nd, Overall 6/10, i didn't wanna watch the last 3 episodes for about 6 months because i was so board, hopefully the 4th season can save the series, because i believe that Rick and the group have already spent WAY TOO MUCH TIME IN THE PRISON. Expand
  29. Aug 8, 2013
    When I first heard they were turning this comic into a show, I was sure it would not get many viewers and be cancelled. The Walking Dead at heart is a story about people trying to survive, or figuring out why even survive in the first place.
    I figured most genre fans would be upset with the lack of zombies, gore and 'coolness' in general. And I thought everybody else would think it would be too scary gory and violent to even tune in. However, both the show and viewers surprised me, and TWD has become the most popular cable show ever.

How Andrew Lincoln has not been nominated for an Emmy is simply amazing.
  30. Jul 8, 2013
    In some cases, the acting could use some work and the plot of season 3 dragged to a limp conclusion. The episode before the conclusion was more exciting, which is a let down because of how awesome the farm attack was for the season 2 finale. Still, TWD is one of the best shows on TV and I can't wait for Season 4.

There's still a sense that The Walking Dead is shambling along too lackadaisically. Great pulp is propulsive, ruthless. But the show's embrace of "B"-movie values is a heartening sign.
  2. Reviewed by: Willa Paskin
    Oct 12, 2012
    The Walking Dead is extremely realistic about the decayed, vast, destroyed world, and dopily idealistic about its main character.
  3. Reviewed by: Mary McNamara
    Oct 12, 2012
    If early episodes are any indication, Season 3 will provide a glorious payoff for those EST-ian weeks down on the farm.