• Network: AMC
  • Series Premiere Date: Oct 31, 2010
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4
8.1

1. May 21, 2013
    Been a pretty good season so far. It fades in and out through out the season but it has always been enjoyable to watch. I liked it as much as I did any other season.
  2. Apr 1, 2013
    I'm a huge Walking Dead fan. I love the comics and the show. So much so that I had no problem with the slower pace season two of the show took. This season started off the strongest of the 3, but by it's close became the most flawed season yet. The first half of the season was fantastic, filled with brutal and emotional moments and they somehow managed to ratchet up the intensity with each passing episode. There were some moments of poor writing, like how they made Rick look more evil than the Governor and that whole unnecessary missing Carol thing, but they hardly detracted from the show at all. It was awesome and made the first half of season 3 a true treat. But then came the second half of season and The Walking Dead's 3rd season took a noticeable decrease in quality. They still managed to make the show enjoyable and finally made the Governor a truly evil villain who you want to see torn apart limb from limb. They even made Rick stop being a.... jerk. But there were so many moments that the writing was so bad it not only made you question the characters intelligence, but also the writers. Some episodes just felt dull and that they were only there to make the limit of episodes required for this season. The writers made the character's constantly to things that were contrary to their personalities just to push on plot line further ahead. Now let's talk about the season finale. Let's put it this way it wasn't a "finale" at all and makes the whole season feel unfinished. When it comes down to it The Walking Dead's 3rd season was still great, but too often did it stumble. It made me hate characters I Ioved, shake my head in disbelief at the just poorly thought out feeling of its second half (which included worst and least romantic proposal ever), and concluded in the worst possible way. There was enough here to still keep me as a fan and as always I can't wait for the next season, but I can't help but worry that it might fall into the same traps this season fell into. Expand
  3. Jun 24, 2014
    The best season for sure as we are in a new location, more deaths and twists, an awesome and deadly villain, better supporting cast and a more interesting story to along with it.
  4. Dec 30, 2013
    Não consegue ser melhor que a primeira e a segunda temporada mesmo assim a adição de novos personagens faz a gente se envolver em uma trama mau manuseada e fraca que ao mesmo tempo boa mais não tanto.
  5. Apr 27, 2013
    Started off very strongly. This season is better than previous ones in all respects. More death, danger, zombie action, moral ambiguity and human threat. The first half ended on a high note and it only got better as the season progressed. I feel that if Andrea had devolved into a ruthless queen to the Governor, and totally shunned her former friends like they did her, it would have worked better for her character and plot. At least she wouldn't have been so replaceable. After watching this show, I think I know how to handle myself in a zombie apocalypse. Expand
  6. Jan 7, 2013
    After completing the first half of season three, where we have a season break, I'm pleased to say that The Walking Dead continues to be the must-see TV series on cable. Few shows deliver with each episode the quality that TWD has. With it set to resume it's third season in mid-January of 2013, I can only wait anxiously to see where all these characters end up and how the whole series eventually concludes. Expand
  7. Jun 16, 2013
    If zombies ever existed, I want to be on these guys team. The writers and producers of the show aren't afraid to take risk just to save their best characters. When you can kill off the star queen of the show who held everybody together for comfort, as a lioness nurtures her cubs, then you know The Walking Dead is genuine.

When you can feel the character pain is authentic and it leaps
    onto you, the production co. did their job. Expand
  8. Oct 24, 2012
    A great way to begin the thrid season. I hope they'd reveal those dirty secrets about how it all started and what is going to happen now. All the cast memebers are delivering their great performances especially Andrew Lincoln. I love his performance. There is prison, there is Michonne, there is the Governer, there are the survivors and there are the ZOMBIES. I love the Walking Dead because this series is not just a regular TV series, when you watch it, it gives you the BIG impression of mesmerizing production. Expand
  9. Oct 19, 2013
    the third season of the walking dead began exploding and stayed that way throughout the season, she deserved high marks to release the last episode of this season in which I was quite disappointed.
  10. Oct 19, 2012
    A prison, which is a scary place where no one ever wants to go, is the safest place to be in a zombie apocalypse. It's perfect. It brings a whole new dimension to the series, enhancing the dark and twisted storytelling even more. Rick, who has changed tremendously since season one, adopting part of Shane's mentality, is now a fit leader for the group, and has done a great job turning them into a bad ass S.W.A.T team. Even Carl and Beth are slicing and shooting walkers now, becoming a new generation of zombie-killing soldiers. The first five minutes of the episode really lays down a nice foundation for the rest of the episode, illustrating the urgency to survive, while not having essentials like food, water, and shelter. The kill count is significantly higher in this episode, higher then it's ever been in any other episode, on any other season. Post-Frank Darabont was a scare thought for the series, but Glen Mazzara has his own vision for the show, and as of now it's working out for him. He's done great things for 'The Walking Dead'. The last few minutes of the episode continued to prove how the show has evolved, putting Herschel in harms way is a ballsy move, and if he dies, it really goes to show that no one on this cast is safe. Making it that much more interesting to watch. If you have a character you're rooting for, which for me it's Rick and Daryl, your constantly tuning in, hoping that they are alive at the end of each episode. 'The Walking Dead' may not be a critical darling like Breaking Bad or Mad Men, but one thing remains true about the series, it's hands down the most entertaining and addictive show on TV... and the RECORD BREAKING ratings don't hurt! Expand
  11. Oct 7, 2013
    Now it starts to get good. It's not perfect but damn it's getting better and better. seeing characters die, zombies getting their skulls bashed in every 15 minutes and a great adversary, The Governor. It's a great show now. Can't wait for season 4 next week!
  12. Apr 13, 2013
    The first thing that struck me during the season premiere was how skilled and comfortable the group have become in dealing with zombies. There has clearly been some time pass between seasons and in order to survive the group have become deadlier and more immune to the fear of zombies, especially in small numbers in open spaces but I found that in doing so, I didn't feel the fear, suspense or shock that I previously did either.

Perhaps sensitive to criticism of the slow nature of the last season, some pretty major events occur within the first four episodes this time around, reducing the number of the prison inhabitants by two and introducing (and in one case reintroducing) the residents of Woodbury to our screens. The show definitely improves with the introduction of Woodbury's de facto chief, The Governor. Already a merciless leader with some disturbing but well meant secrets, he becomes an increasingly violent madman after clashing with Michonne and the character becomes the driving force of the reminder of the season's storyline.

The story was again bogged down in places by frustrating character development. Rick and Lori's domestic issues, Rick's mental breakdown and Glenn and Maggie's issues post-Woodbury kidnap all being examples of the show not being at it's best.

The season is action packed, by the end zombies only really appeared as extras outside the prison perimeter, as the story focused solely on the impending battle between The Governor's Woodbury and Rick's prison. Caught in the middle of the two was Andrea, who had the most frustrating character storyline of the season and overtook Lori and Carl (no mean feat) as the show's most annoying character. Just as the season finale looked set to reveal the victor once and for all, it didn't. No cliffhanger, no nothing, the finale only serving to give polite notice that the personal duel had been postponed to next season.

With at least it's third showrunner taking over the helm for season four, The Walking Dead will need to hit the ground running next time around.
  13. Apr 15, 2014
    Esta temporada fue mejor que la segunda pero no tan brillante como la primera, razones, pues la 1era mitad de temporada fue buena, pero es en la segunda parte donde pecan en lo que es alargar la trama, episodios de relleno sin un fin de avanzar la trama, y un final de temporada algo decepcionante.
  14. Apr 6, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Okay, full review for the 3rd season of the walking dead is needed, and how happy am I that this season has actually decided to do something!
    We all have our bad memories of season 2 and-luckily!!!-we've had nothing but a reversal this time around, with the occasional downward point that has made this season the equivalent of HIMYM's 'crazy girl scale' of movement. It's been great and terrible in virtually every episode-and you know, I kinda like it now.
    It's looking like 'The Gov'ner(still lol whenever I say that) is going to be a reoccurring villain and I like that, but the one thing I'm worried about is Carl's turn down the Dark Side, he may end up being a problem for season 4,but I hope they don't go too far.
    All in all it's a great season and I'll get it as soon as it's on DVD
  15. Feb 9, 2014
    Although the season as a whole is much more solid it still has its downfalls. The Woodbury plot lasted just a bit longer than it should have and so did the Rick-Lori plot. That said it was a very interesting and entertaining season and it did correct a lot of the flaws of the second season but it didn't quite correct them enough.
  16. Nov 5, 2013
    Compared to the first 2 seasons, it is a little disappointing. But this time it's more gritty and sometimes a little comical in my opinion. I still can't stop watching it.
  17. Nov 15, 2013
    The Walking Dead esta maior e com menos conteúdo racional, o roteiro insiste em fazer drama com banalidades e a narração repetitiva e cansativa, o numero de zumbis ao invés de diminuir só aumenta a cada temporada e a lógica passa cada vez mais longe da serie.
  18. Oct 19, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Season three is a major improvement from season two. It brings life back into the characters who are two dimensional cut-outs. Although I'm happy they add new characters, settings and events that separate it from the comics, I was expecting an absolute brilliant season considering how scary and insane the Governor is but it strays so far from the original source material that it majorly lacks the same excitement the comics had involving the Governor.

This season also proved to me that the writers cannot write women, it is only Carol and Michonne that I can actually stand.
  19. Sep 1, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Too Long suffers the same problems from the second season, but at least its got more zombie killing action, also the 3rd season had an amazing start yet has a very somehow very Disappointing ending for its just to happy and i just couldn't believe what happened, it should have stayed in the direction of the comic book and make rick lose pretty much everything important to him and the group having to leave the prison. Overall i was rather quite disappointed with the 3rd season for i expected it to be better then the 2nd, Overall 6/10, i didn't wanna watch the last 3 episodes for about 6 months because i was so board, hopefully the 4th season can save the series, because i believe that Rick and the group have already spent WAY TOO MUCH TIME IN THE PRISON. Expand
  20. Jun 7, 2013
    It was a solid season. It wasn't as good as season one but was much better than season 2. I liked that they're starting to make other humans the main threat, as opposed to walkers. And with the exception of Holden, the acting was very good. The first half of the season was very exciting and well written. Unfortunately, the second half wasn't as good. There was a great episode in "Clear," a couple of good episodes, but most of them were decent at best and one, "I Ain't a Judas," was awful. The season also went out with more of a whimper than a bang, although I'm curious to see in what direction they go with the prison now. The season had a great start, but overall I thought it could be better. It was still enjoyable for the most part, but I'm really hoping season 4 brings us back to the greatness that was season 1. Expand
  21. Nov 9, 2012
    After last season's lull as a result of the lack of action and over-abundance of character study, changes have been made and I love it. One of the best dramas on television.
  22. Sep 16, 2013
    Cómo la web me pide un mínimo de 150 caracteres, y necesito hacer el review para poder tenerla archivada en mi perfil, pues suelto este rollo y mi votación es de 8. Un saludo.
  23. Apr 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Unlike seasons 1&2, season 3 is entirely about the interaction between humans and humans...the walkers remain gross and menacing, but the real battle for the people living in this post-apocalyptic world is how they'll survive each other. Due to some major character deaths, many potential story lines have been wasted/eliminated/avoided, the writers keep giving us quality television nonetheless. I'm hooked! You need to be watching this show. Expand
  24. Apr 6, 2013
    Season 3 is severly disappointing.The first half of season 3 was excellent and full of tension and I honestly believed that the show has finally hit a stride and fixed it's numerous short-comings(poor dialogue,shoddy writing,boredom). I was wrong.The second half was terrible and full of clichés and mundane,unintersting storylines that were apparently building towards a "War" with Woodbury.This "War" never happened and it felt the season built towards absolutely nothing.The amount of filler used this season is inexcusable.I am no longer a viewer of The Walking Dead after this season.I enjoy the episode video-game and the comics,but the TV show is going nowhere. Expand
  25. May 23, 2013
    The best season of the series, so far. Best performances more epic moments, excellent script, perhaps the only thing that disappointed me was the end.
  26. Feb 20, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. My hopes were very high going into season 3 after a fantastic pay off for the overall very successful season 2 and I was rewarded by an action packed opening couple of episodes that just built the momentum more and more. Andrew Lincoln has always made this a show well worth watching however for me he shares the glory with David Morrissey's take on the Governor who is one of the most intimidating villains I've seen on tv. The pace is slowed slightly as the writers try to emphasise the stark differences between life at the prison and life at Woodbury but also in the way both groups are led. The theme of leadership is key throughout this season. The menace and threat is worked even higher as Rick and the Governor's paths finally cross but disappointingly this is also where the season loses momentum slightly. New characters are introduced but are given so little development that it's impossible to be invested with them at this point and things are slowed still by Rick's inner turmoil by events previous. Thematically for me the season works perfectly, it's execution at times is questionable especially with the writers treatment of Andrea whose incomprehensible decision making at times really tests the viewers patience and sympathy. Despite a promising build-up it doesn't quite deliver in the finale which remains the most disappointing of the three full seasons so far however there is enough drama, action and threat throughout to make this still a compelling season. Expand
  27. Oct 31, 2012
    A great start to season 3 with the first 3 episodes. Season 2 was a bit stagnant with the whole season based on the farm but the new story lines and scenarios have really invigorated the series.
    Can't wait for episode 4.
  28. Dec 14, 2012
    This has by far been my favorite season of the Walking Dead yet, with an amazing plot that has none of the slow patches that afflicted the second season. Every episode I've watched has been completely interesting, and the entire ride has been very enjoyable.
  29. Dec 11, 2012
    The best season so far. The season premiere is fantastic, but the episode 3x04 is definitely the best episode of the show, terrific, amazing acted and brilliant directed. The Walking Dead is fantastic.

There's still a sense that The Walking Dead is shambling along too lackadaisically. Great pulp is propulsive, ruthless. But the show's embrace of "B"-movie values is a heartening sign.
  2. Reviewed by: Willa Paskin
    Oct 12, 2012
    The Walking Dead is extremely realistic about the decayed, vast, destroyed world, and dopily idealistic about its main character.
  3. Reviewed by: Mary McNamara
    Oct 12, 2012
    If early episodes are any indication, Season 3 will provide a glorious payoff for those EST-ian weeks down on the farm.