The Walking Dead : Season 3

• Series Premiere Date: Oct 31, 2010
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
7.5

1. Oct 21, 2012
    An amazing show. Even better than the last two seasons I must say. Brilliantly shot tv show series. If it is your first time watching it would be best if you watch the last two seasons before venturing into 3rd one.
  2. Oct 7, 2013
    Now it starts to get good. It's not perfect but damn it's getting better and better. seeing characters die, zombies getting their skulls bashed in every 15 minutes and a great adversary, The Governor. It's a great show now. Can't wait for season 4 next week!
  3. Jan 7, 2013
    After completing the first half of season three, where we have a season break, I'm pleased to say that The Walking Dead continues to be the must-see TV series on cable. Few shows deliver with each episode the quality that TWD has. With it set to resume it's third season in mid-January of 2013, I can only wait anxiously to see where all these characters end up and how the whole seriesAfter completing the first half of season three, where we have a season break, I'm pleased to say that The Walking Dead continues to be the must-see TV series on cable. Few shows deliver with each episode the quality that TWD has. With it set to resume it's third season in mid-January of 2013, I can only wait anxiously to see where all these characters end up and how the whole series eventually concludes. Expand
  4. Feb 20, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. My hopes were very high going into season 3 after a fantastic pay off for the overall very successful season 2 and I was rewarded by an action packed opening couple of episodes that just built the momentum more and more. Andrew Lincoln has always made this a show well worth watching however for me he shares the glory with David Morrissey's take on the Governor who is one of the most intimidating villains I've seen on tv. The pace is slowed slightly as the writers try to emphasise the stark differences between life at the prison and life at Woodbury but also in the way both groups are led. The theme of leadership is key throughout this season. The menace and threat is worked even higher as Rick and the Governor's paths finally cross but disappointingly this is also where the season loses momentum slightly. New characters are introduced but are given so little development that it's impossible to be invested with them at this point and things are slowed still by Rick's inner turmoil by events previous. Thematically for me the season works perfectly, it's execution at times is questionable especially with the writers treatment of Andrea whose incomprehensible decision making at times really tests the viewers patience and sympathy. Despite a promising build-up it doesn't quite deliver in the finale which remains the most disappointing of the three full seasons so far however there is enough drama, action and threat throughout to make this still a compelling season. Expand
  5. Apr 1, 2013
    I'm a huge Walking Dead fan. I love the comics and the show. So much so that I had no problem with the slower pace season two of the show took. This season started off the strongest of the 3, but by it's close became the most flawed season yet. The first half of the season was fantastic, filled with brutal and emotional moments and they somehow managed to ratchet up the intensity with eachI'm a huge Walking Dead fan. I love the comics and the show. So much so that I had no problem with the slower pace season two of the show took. This season started off the strongest of the 3, but by it's close became the most flawed season yet. The first half of the season was fantastic, filled with brutal and emotional moments and they somehow managed to ratchet up the intensity with each passing episode. There were some moments of poor writing, like how they made Rick look more evil than the Governor and that whole unnecessary missing Carol thing, but they hardly detracted from the show at all. It was awesome and made the first half of season 3 a true treat. But then came the second half of season and The Walking Dead's 3rd season took a noticeable decrease in quality. They still managed to make the show enjoyable and finally made the Governor a truly evil villain who you want to see torn apart limb from limb. They even made Rick stop being a.... jerk. But there were so many moments that the writing was so bad it not only made you question the characters intelligence, but also the writers. Some episodes just felt dull and that they were only there to make the limit of episodes required for this season. The writers made the character's constantly to things that were contrary to their personalities just to push on plot line further ahead. Now let's talk about the season finale. Let's put it this way it wasn't a "finale" at all and makes the whole season feel unfinished. When it comes down to it The Walking Dead's 3rd season was still great, but too often did it stumble. It made me hate characters I Ioved, shake my head in disbelief at the just poorly thought out feeling of its second half (which included worst and least romantic proposal ever), and concluded in the worst possible way. There was enough here to still keep me as a fan and as always I can't wait for the next season, but I can't help but worry that it might fall into the same traps this season fell into. Expand
  6. Nov 9, 2012
    After last season's lull as a result of the lack of action and over-abundance of character study, changes have been made and I love it. One of the best dramas on television.
  7. Dec 4, 2012
    They really pulled it off this time. This entire season has indeed been, as promised by the show's makers, better than the first two seasons put together. The group has been living for months on the run and has clearly been taught by Rick to protect itself, and he's now the undisputed, trusted leader. No more straggling damsels are left. Everyone has some idea how to kill zombies and hasThey really pulled it off this time. This entire season has indeed been, as promised by the show's makers, better than the first two seasons put together. The group has been living for months on the run and has clearly been taught by Rick to protect itself, and he's now the undisputed, trusted leader. No more straggling damsels are left. Everyone has some idea how to kill zombies and has indeed had to do so. And that's just the beginning setup for the season. I don't want to say too much, so I'll just say it this way--if you gave up on the show, un-give up on it. They redeemed characters whose actions used to make me constantly facepalm (Lori, Carl) and now when there's drama, you can understand why because the dramatic choice is also the sensible one. Most of the time, the deaths feel pretty necessary when they happen instead of feeling stupid and random (like certain deaths to walkers in mid-season 2 particularly.) And seriously, them making me feel for Lori as much as I did was a freaking miracle, as I was so sick of her and ready to stop seeing the character EVER again during nearly all of season 2.

TWD is finally, truly worth watching--every episode.
  8. Apr 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I can finally talk about the 3rd Season let me tell you there are spoilers. Andrea Dying at the end was the best thing TWD could do I could not stand her. I rate this season a 9 because theres tons of big info we moved from a farm and you got big fights with a real "bad guy" instead of fighting over land and walkers the whole show. I like they added mashone she was one of my favorite characters and she beat some ass ..im also glad meryl is dead 2 for 2 now to get rid of the govener Expand
  9. Feb 28, 2016
    The Walking Dead still has the occasional issues with awkward dialogue or pacing (although there are thankfully no plots like season 2's 'search for Sophia' that take up more time than they should) but virtually every episode makes for intense, entertaining drama and I often find myself sitting and watching 3 or 4 episodes in a day.

Season 4 here we come!
  10. Oct 27, 2012
    This series is remarkably compelling. The characterisation is surprisingly deep. For those reading who are concerned about people commenting on more action and less drama, don't worry, it's still mining a rich vein whilst simultaneously giving us peerless thriller material. It's top stuff, and the fact that Homeland needs more suspension of disbelief than a zombie show tells you a lotThis series is remarkably compelling. The characterisation is surprisingly deep. For those reading who are concerned about people commenting on more action and less drama, don't worry, it's still mining a rich vein whilst simultaneously giving us peerless thriller material. It's top stuff, and the fact that Homeland needs more suspension of disbelief than a zombie show tells you a lot about both.... Expand
  11. Oct 19, 2012
    A prison, which is a scary place where no one ever wants to go, is the safest place to be in a zombie apocalypse. It's perfect. It brings a whole new dimension to the series, enhancing the dark and twisted storytelling even more. Rick, who has changed tremendously since season one, adopting part of Shane's mentality, is now a fit leader for the group, and has done a great job turning themA prison, which is a scary place where no one ever wants to go, is the safest place to be in a zombie apocalypse. It's perfect. It brings a whole new dimension to the series, enhancing the dark and twisted storytelling even more. Rick, who has changed tremendously since season one, adopting part of Shane's mentality, is now a fit leader for the group, and has done a great job turning them into a bad ass S.W.A.T team. Even Carl and Beth are slicing and shooting walkers now, becoming a new generation of zombie-killing soldiers. The first five minutes of the episode really lays down a nice foundation for the rest of the episode, illustrating the urgency to survive, while not having essentials like food, water, and shelter. The kill count is significantly higher in this episode, higher then it's ever been in any other episode, on any other season. Post-Frank Darabont was a scare thought for the series, but Glen Mazzara has his own vision for the show, and as of now it's working out for him. He's done great things for 'The Walking Dead'. The last few minutes of the episode continued to prove how the show has evolved, putting Herschel in harms way is a ballsy move, and if he dies, it really goes to show that no one on this cast is safe. Making it that much more interesting to watch. If you have a character you're rooting for, which for me it's Rick and Daryl, your constantly tuning in, hoping that they are alive at the end of each episode. 'The Walking Dead' may not be a critical darling like Breaking Bad or Mad Men, but one thing remains true about the series, it's hands down the most entertaining and addictive show on TV... and the RECORD BREAKING ratings don't hurt! Expand
  12. Dec 25, 2012
    While this show may be about dead, it is very much alive. And with every new season it is only getting better. If someone can digest the gore, there won't be any regrets.
  13. Mar 20, 2014
    Probably the best season out of the first 3 seasons! I was losing hope in season 2. but the show turned around! When you cant wait till you see the next episode, that means it a good show! and this is it!
  14. Apr 6, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Okay, full review for the 3rd season of the walking dead is needed, and how happy am I that this season has actually decided to do something!
    We all have our bad memories of season 2 and-luckily!!!-we've had nothing but a reversal this time around, with the occasional downward point that has made this season the equivalent of HIMYM's 'crazy girl scale' of movement. It's been great and terrible in virtually every episode-and you know, I kinda like it now.
    It's looking like 'The Gov'ner(still lol whenever I say that) is going to be a reoccurring villain and I like that, but the one thing I'm worried about is Carl's turn down the Dark Side, he may end up being a problem for season 4,but I hope they don't go too far.
    All in all it's a great season and I'll get it as soon as it's on DVD
  15. Nov 28, 2012
    The first season of this show turned me into a fan instantly, and I started reading the comic book. The comic book is amazing, with so much content for the writers of the show to use. They blew it big time with the second season, but they've redeemed themselves by hitting a home run with the third season. They're using a lot more material from the comic book this time around and doing itThe first season of this show turned me into a fan instantly, and I started reading the comic book. The comic book is amazing, with so much content for the writers of the show to use. They blew it big time with the second season, but they've redeemed themselves by hitting a home run with the third season. They're using a lot more material from the comic book this time around and doing it perfectly! People who are not familiar with the material are in for a treat. Expand
  16. Oct 15, 2012
    Seriously, best episode of the series. I am an avid TWD comic book reader and to see the prison finally real to my eyes and the intensity in Michonnes demeanor in real time is just a dream come true. The show changes up many aspects from the comic but they are ALL welcomed. I love the comics and I am so in love with the show! Just keeps getting better!!! Oh and riot gear zombies! just the best.
  17. Oct 1, 2013
    The Walking Dead Season 3 starts off a bit after a time skip sometime after the end of Season 2. A lot has happened and many character changes have happened and will affect the overall development of the characters amongst themselves and amongst new characters. Several new characters have been added to the overall cast and bring forth a whole new view on the world of the TWD. A new featureThe Walking Dead Season 3 starts off a bit after a time skip sometime after the end of Season 2. A lot has happened and many character changes have happened and will affect the overall development of the characters amongst themselves and amongst new characters. Several new characters have been added to the overall cast and bring forth a whole new view on the world of the TWD. A new feature introduced to this season is the fact that the storyline is divided between two groups of survivors. There are some episodes where they may feel like they are fillers but are essential to the character development of a already huge and growing cast of characters. Expand
  18. Jan 6, 2014
    This show is still in my top 2 all time (right behind GoT), but it took a slight step back this season for me. Maybe it's because I love the comics and the stories they told, and that is probably true. The comics are some of the best story telling in any form since The Watchmen graphic novel. I thought they couldn't miss it when the said they were bringing in the Governor one of the bestThis show is still in my top 2 all time (right behind GoT), but it took a slight step back this season for me. Maybe it's because I love the comics and the stories they told, and that is probably true. The comics are some of the best story telling in any form since The Watchmen graphic novel. I thought they couldn't miss it when the said they were bringing in the Governor one of the best villain characters in the past 20 years in any form. But they really dropped the ball with him and are going to stretch out his story too long. Still, the show is very strong at giving us zombie action and great stories just please don't drag out a character like Andrea ever again on the show. Expand
  19. Jun 16, 2013
    If zombies ever existed, I want to be on these guys team. The writers and producers of the show aren't afraid to take risk just to save their best characters. When you can kill off the star queen of the show who held everybody together for comfort, as a lioness nurtures her cubs, then you know The Walking Dead is genuine.

When you can feel the character pain is authentic and it leaps

When you can feel the character pain is authentic and it leaps onto you, the production co. did their job.
  20. May 21, 2013
    Been a pretty good season so far. It fades in and out through out the season but it has always been enjoyable to watch. I liked it as much as I did any other season.
  21. Apr 5, 2013
    Another season of the highly acclaimed “The Walking Dead” has come and gone. When it comes to the though provoking themes of the series, they’re mostly kept intact. As it still is about survival even though the threat isn’t the zombies anymore.

In all honesty this is the worst season yet. Don’t get me wrong the show is still as entertaining and heart pounding as ever, but it doesn’t reach the series highs. This season starts off quite promising, but every opportunity to make it interesting or engaging is thrown aside. For instance, the whole season builds up to one grand confrontation, but ultimately disappoints as it leaves more questions than answers.

The characters also become less likable. Characters we like or start to like are either killed off or pushed aside. Rick personally started off the season as unbearable, but luckily finds himself near the end. A lot of these characters are left with more questions than answers, such as the season villain The Governor. It’s just a mixed feeling for most of these characters.

Overall season 3 is quite disappointing, but not so much that it is terrible. The characters are “meh,” this time around, but Glen and Daryl get great opportunities to show some leadership. Carl is just a annoying brat and probably the worst character of the season. The Governor is a pretty good villain and Mishon is probably the most useful female character added to the cast. The action is on an all time high as there is more and grander scaled fights. However, the finale is quite disappointing. I give this season a very low 4/5, great action and starts off well, but some characters become unbearable and fails on occasion to deliver what it promises.

Even though this season was quite disappointing, it was still well crafted and did build some great tension. However, I am looking forward to Season 4, hopefully they don’t make the same mistakes as they did here.
  22. Apr 13, 2013
    The first thing that struck me during the season premiere was how skilled and comfortable the group have become in dealing with zombies. There has clearly been some time pass between seasons and in order to survive the group have become deadlier and more immune to the fear of zombies, especially in small numbers in open spaces but I found that in doing so, I didn't feel the fear, suspenseThe first thing that struck me during the season premiere was how skilled and comfortable the group have become in dealing with zombies. There has clearly been some time pass between seasons and in order to survive the group have become deadlier and more immune to the fear of zombies, especially in small numbers in open spaces but I found that in doing so, I didn't feel the fear, suspense or shock that I previously did either.

Perhaps sensitive to criticism of the slow nature of the last season, some pretty major events occur within the first four episodes this time around, reducing the number of the prison inhabitants by two and introducing (and in one case reintroducing) the residents of Woodbury to our screens. The show definitely improves with the introduction of Woodbury's de facto chief, The Governor. Already a merciless leader with some disturbing but well meant secrets, he becomes an increasingly violent madman after clashing with Michonne and the character becomes the driving force of the reminder of the season's storyline.

The story was again bogged down in places by frustrating character development. Rick and Lori's domestic issues, Rick's mental breakdown and Glenn and Maggie's issues post-Woodbury kidnap all being examples of the show not being at it's best.

The season is action packed, by the end zombies only really appeared as extras outside the prison perimeter, as the story focused solely on the impending battle between The Governor's Woodbury and Rick's prison. Caught in the middle of the two was Andrea, who had the most frustrating character storyline of the season and overtook Lori and Carl (no mean feat) as the show's most annoying character. Just as the season finale looked set to reveal the victor once and for all, it didn't. No cliffhanger, no nothing, the finale only serving to give polite notice that the personal duel had been postponed to next season.

With at least it's third showrunner taking over the helm for season four, The Walking Dead will need to hit the ground running next time around.
  23. Apr 1, 2013
    Make no doubt about it, this show is propelled by the frightening, hopeless, gory world of the zombie threat, yet what drives us to come back to the Walking Dead-week after week-season after season-is the humanity that struggles to stay alive in the wonderful "live" characters we grow to admire and root for. The production values are so high-the characters and their relationships areMake no doubt about it, this show is propelled by the frightening, hopeless, gory world of the zombie threat, yet what drives us to come back to the Walking Dead-week after week-season after season-is the humanity that struggles to stay alive in the wonderful "live" characters we grow to admire and root for. The production values are so high-the characters and their relationships are superbly acted--the writing of each scenario is done with a master craftsman's touch-- that you are compelled to feel deeply for Rick and his group. And when a character dies like Andrea or Merle, you mourn for their loss--because of their humanity notwithstanding the zombie chaos. Kudos to all who are involved in this series because you have elevated a simple horror theme to a compelling drama we can't get enough of. Expand
  24. Oct 28, 2012
    The only show worth watching on TV is back. After the stunning season 2 Rick and the other survivors find themselves a prison that they could potentially live in however tensions with the surviving inmates and the threat of attack from the nearby town on Woodbury threaten their safety. Who will survive to see another day?
  25. Oct 31, 2012
    A great start to season 3 with the first 3 episodes. Season 2 was a bit stagnant with the whole season based on the farm but the new story lines and scenarios have really invigorated the series.
    Can't wait for episode 4.
  26. Dec 28, 2012
    It's better then the soap opera that it was in the second season but, there is still a lot of work to be done for this show to get back to the high level it was at in season one.
  27. Oct 20, 2012
    After spending some time over the summer to read the comics, this show has turned into something more to be desired. I left season 2 wondering what will happen next because the entire second season felt empty throughout the entire season, with the exception of the first few episodes and the last few (everything in the middle was boring at times). From reading the comics and seeing whatAfter spending some time over the summer to read the comics, this show has turned into something more to be desired. I left season 2 wondering what will happen next because the entire second season felt empty throughout the entire season, with the exception of the first few episodes and the last few (everything in the middle was boring at times). From reading the comics and seeing what direction the show is going I know exactly what lies ahead and I am excited. There are TONS of action, drama, and suspense for this season and I am scared at the thought of how they are going to fit it into 10-12 episodes, but I have faith they will do it justice. Fans love zombie action and this first episode did not fail to deliver. I especially loved the one SWAT zombie with the gas mask, oh to see that mask removed was both gory and exciting because that is exactly the type of zombie mess the characters in the comic have to deal with. Expand
  28. Oct 23, 2012
    Finally Rick and the gang are back, killing zombies in a more streamlined way than ever before. all though the zombie part of the series makes it more interesting, this show is in essence the best show on TV right now that actually deals with our most basic human emotions. How do we react, and what are we willing to do to survive in an extreme environment. Is it worth surviving at anyFinally Rick and the gang are back, killing zombies in a more streamlined way than ever before. all though the zombie part of the series makes it more interesting, this show is in essence the best show on TV right now that actually deals with our most basic human emotions. How do we react, and what are we willing to do to survive in an extreme environment. Is it worth surviving at any cost? Season three is off to a really good start. Expand
  29. Oct 24, 2012
    A great way to begin the thrid season. I hope they'd reveal those dirty secrets about how it all started and what is going to happen now. All the cast memebers are delivering their great performances especially Andrew Lincoln. I love his performance. There is prison, there is Michonne, there is the Governer, there are the survivors and there are the ZOMBIES. I love the Walking Dead becauseA great way to begin the thrid season. I hope they'd reveal those dirty secrets about how it all started and what is going to happen now. All the cast memebers are delivering their great performances especially Andrew Lincoln. I love his performance. There is prison, there is Michonne, there is the Governer, there are the survivors and there are the ZOMBIES. I love the Walking Dead because this series is not just a regular TV series, when you watch it, it gives you the BIG impression of mesmerizing production. Expand
  30. Nov 8, 2012
    Robert Kirkman's comic book literally come to life - no pun intended!! AMC's hit show just keeps getting batter and better, with terror that only comes from the Walkers but from the living as well!! Now with Season 3 is rolling along, we're finally introduced to the comics' best antagonist - The Governor!!! With a fast pace and smart dialogue, this series just may surpass the brillianceRobert Kirkman's comic book literally come to life - no pun intended!! AMC's hit show just keeps getting batter and better, with terror that only comes from the Walkers but from the living as well!! Now with Season 3 is rolling along, we're finally introduced to the comics' best antagonist - The Governor!!! With a fast pace and smart dialogue, this series just may surpass the brilliance of the comic book series!! Expand

There's still a sense that The Walking Dead is shambling along too lackadaisically. Great pulp is propulsive, ruthless. But the show's embrace of "B"-movie values is a heartening sign.
  2. Reviewed by: Willa Paskin
    Oct 12, 2012
    The Walking Dead is extremely realistic about the decayed, vast, destroyed world, and dopily idealistic about its main character.
  3. Reviewed by: Mary McNamara
    Oct 12, 2012
    If early episodes are any indication, Season 3 will provide a glorious payoff for those EST-ian weeks down on the farm.