• Network: AMC
  • Series Premiere Date: Oct 31, 2010
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5
7.8

1. Oct 14, 2012
    The show is reinvented, the prison is absolutely perfect and a paradox in itself as its a enclosing institution that actually frees them. be ready for a great season fans!
  2. Oct 14, 2012
    Easily the best show on television, and the prison adds new drama. Less soap operaish and much more actions, blood, guts, and Rick committing crimes against zombies.
  3. Nov 24, 2012
    I haven't seen most of the series' first two series, but I found The Walking Dead to be very interesting ever since the current season's premiere. I like the drama, action and horror so far. and Rick Grimms is one of the better protagonists I've seen in recent years. Two characters you should keep an eye for are The Governor, who is proving to be an effective antagonist with a bit ofI haven't seen most of the series' first two series, but I found The Walking Dead to be very interesting ever since the current season's premiere. I like the drama, action and horror so far. and Rick Grimms is one of the better protagonists I've seen in recent years. Two characters you should keep an eye for are The Governor, who is proving to be an effective antagonist with a bit of humanity, and Michonne, the katana-wielding wanderer who is previously one of the featured characters in the graphic novels the series is based on. I can't wait what transpires next. Expand
  4. Dec 14, 2012
    This has by far been my favorite season of the Walking Dead yet, with an amazing plot that has none of the slow patches that afflicted the second season. Every episode I've watched has been completely interesting, and the entire ride has been very enjoyable.
  5. Dec 14, 2012
    This mid-season has already reached a whole new level with characters interactions, it has become smarter than ever, and definitely the most thrilling season of the series.Although it hasn't reached it's maximum potential this season shows more professionalism than many other series in television and still keeping fans entertained in a whole new level.
  6. Jan 26, 2013
    Love this show. Been watching it since episode 1, and even though season two was "meh" this season definitely makes up for it. This is great television.
  7. Feb 3, 2013
    The Walking Dead is in my opinion the best show on television. The show has great character development and fantastic story arcs that will keep you on the edge of you're seat and wanting to know what is next. Season 3 adds and builds upon this with the prison story arc and with fantastic new characters such a The Governor or Michonne which change the dynamics of the show immensely.The Walking Dead is in my opinion the best show on television. The show has great character development and fantastic story arcs that will keep you on the edge of you're seat and wanting to know what is next. Season 3 adds and builds upon this with the prison story arc and with fantastic new characters such a The Governor or Michonne which change the dynamics of the show immensely.

10/10-Flawless Victory
  8. Feb 8, 2013
    Best show ever.. its really that simple. When I heard about this show, I thought, EH another zombie genre and didn't give it a look. After season 2 ended, it took Netflix and a boring Saturday to get me to start watching the show. After episode 3 of season 1 I was completely hooked. Not so much for the gore, but the human aspect and interactions. The dialogue is amazing. The idea ofBest show ever.. its really that simple. When I heard about this show, I thought, EH another zombie genre and didn't give it a look. After season 2 ended, it took Netflix and a boring Saturday to get me to start watching the show. After episode 3 of season 1 I was completely hooked. Not so much for the gore, but the human aspect and interactions. The dialogue is amazing. The idea of survival is so diverse and is well thought out with each character. Even when problems arise among the groups, its easy to lose sight of the bigger issue. The way the characters deal and interact with this larger issue is really what brings me back week to week. Season 3 is amazing so far and I can not wait to see what happens on the second half of that season. If you have not seen the show, i highly recommend watching as it is not what you would expect this kind of show to be. Absolutely brilliant! Expand
  9. Feb 11, 2013
    This show, The Walking Dead is a masterfully well done piece of entertainment. From the acting to it's special effects it is a very captivating tale of Rick Grimes and his fight for survival. It explores themes usually left untouched, such as the darker side of humanity. It raises the question of what you, the viewer would do in such a situation. Survival of the fittest and compassion,This show, The Walking Dead is a masterfully well done piece of entertainment. From the acting to it's special effects it is a very captivating tale of Rick Grimes and his fight for survival. It explores themes usually left untouched, such as the darker side of humanity. It raises the question of what you, the viewer would do in such a situation. Survival of the fittest and compassion, what makes us human, in a constant struggle. The zombies aren't the focus, the struggles within are what is explored. The zombies only serve as a catalyst to convey this question, and sometimes the answers are not only griping, but downright horrifying. What we've got here is one of the best shows on television. With Season 3 in mind, what remains is nothing short of the first two seasons with no foreseeable intention of slowing down. Expand
  10. Feb 14, 2013
    i think walking dead paves the way for horror tv for the future. its survival horror, its over the top moral dilema's. it has you thinking constantly, if i were rick what would i do better or differently (yes, we would all kill the zombies thru the chain link fence) everything is bit over the top with some great b grade moments. i love, love, love zombie movies, and for a tv show this isi think walking dead paves the way for horror tv for the future. its survival horror, its over the top moral dilema's. it has you thinking constantly, if i were rick what would i do better or differently (yes, we would all kill the zombies thru the chain link fence) everything is bit over the top with some great b grade moments. i love, love, love zombie movies, and for a tv show this is about as good as any Expand
  11. Feb 23, 2013
    The story development around the characters growth is great. Its so not about the blood and guts-- its about how to adapt in a new world and different challenges.
  12. Oct 14, 2012
    Amazing season premiere for one of the best shows on TV right now. The jump in time has added a whole new dimension to the characters, keeping us on our toes even more than before. If this premiere is any indication, this is going to be the best season yet.
  13. Dec 11, 2012
    The best season so far. The season premiere is fantastic, but the episode 3x04 is definitely the best episode of the show, terrific, amazing acted and brilliant directed. The Walking Dead is fantastic.
  14. Oct 14, 2012
    Watched it early at a screening in Denver. All I can say is this season trumps over the previous two seasons, by far. Rick Grimes is way above his badass status as before and rises to a whole new monster.
  15. Oct 19, 2012
    A prison, which is a scary place where no one ever wants to go, is the safest place to be in a zombie apocalypse. It's perfect. It brings a whole new dimension to the series, enhancing the dark and twisted storytelling even more. Rick, who has changed tremendously since season one, adopting part of Shane's mentality, is now a fit leader for the group, and has done a great job turning themA prison, which is a scary place where no one ever wants to go, is the safest place to be in a zombie apocalypse. It's perfect. It brings a whole new dimension to the series, enhancing the dark and twisted storytelling even more. Rick, who has changed tremendously since season one, adopting part of Shane's mentality, is now a fit leader for the group, and has done a great job turning them into a bad ass S.W.A.T team. Even Carl and Beth are slicing and shooting walkers now, becoming a new generation of zombie-killing soldiers. The first five minutes of the episode really lays down a nice foundation for the rest of the episode, illustrating the urgency to survive, while not having essentials like food, water, and shelter. The kill count is significantly higher in this episode, higher then it's ever been in any other episode, on any other season. Post-Frank Darabont was a scare thought for the series, but Glen Mazzara has his own vision for the show, and as of now it's working out for him. He's done great things for 'The Walking Dead'. The last few minutes of the episode continued to prove how the show has evolved, putting Herschel in harms way is a ballsy move, and if he dies, it really goes to show that no one on this cast is safe. Making it that much more interesting to watch. If you have a character you're rooting for, which for me it's Rick and Daryl, your constantly tuning in, hoping that they are alive at the end of each episode. 'The Walking Dead' may not be a critical darling like Breaking Bad or Mad Men, but one thing remains true about the series, it's hands down the most entertaining and addictive show on TV... and the RECORD BREAKING ratings don't hurt! Expand
  16. Dec 16, 2012
    The third season seems to revolve around the conflict between two human groups with the zombies being something of a filler, rather than the zombies being a main focus, nevertheless its still one of the best TV shows around. I do love the fact that no main character (except may be Rick) is immune to death and you are left with a feeling that anyone can be next.
  17. Oct 15, 2012
    Seriously, best episode of the series. I am an avid TWD comic book reader and to see the prison finally real to my eyes and the intensity in Michonnes demeanor in real time is just a dream come true. The show changes up many aspects from the comic but they are ALL welcomed. I love the comics and I am so in love with the show! Just keeps getting better!!! Oh and riot gear zombies! just the best.
  18. Oct 23, 2012
    Finally Rick and the gang are back, killing zombies in a more streamlined way than ever before. all though the zombie part of the series makes it more interesting, this show is in essence the best show on TV right now that actually deals with our most basic human emotions. How do we react, and what are we willing to do to survive in an extreme environment. Is it worth surviving at anyFinally Rick and the gang are back, killing zombies in a more streamlined way than ever before. all though the zombie part of the series makes it more interesting, this show is in essence the best show on TV right now that actually deals with our most basic human emotions. How do we react, and what are we willing to do to survive in an extreme environment. Is it worth surviving at any cost? Season three is off to a really good start. Expand
  19. Oct 27, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. So far Season 3 is living up to expectations. I cant wait for the Governor to come into the picture. I also cant wait to see how Daryl will react to Meryl being on the other side. It will be a total mind-&@#$ for him. I dont think he will leave the group though because he is too ingrained with them now as Ricks #2. Expand
  20. Nov 8, 2012
    Robert Kirkman's comic book literally come to life - no pun intended!! AMC's hit show just keeps getting batter and better, with terror that only comes from the Walkers but from the living as well!! Now with Season 3 is rolling along, we're finally introduced to the comics' best antagonist - The Governor!!! With a fast pace and smart dialogue, this series just may surpass the brillianceRobert Kirkman's comic book literally come to life - no pun intended!! AMC's hit show just keeps getting batter and better, with terror that only comes from the Walkers but from the living as well!! Now with Season 3 is rolling along, we're finally introduced to the comics' best antagonist - The Governor!!! With a fast pace and smart dialogue, this series just may surpass the brilliance of the comic book series!! Expand
  21. Oct 21, 2012
    An amazing show. Even better than the last two seasons I must say. Brilliantly shot tv show series. If it is your first time watching it would be best if you watch the last two seasons before venturing into 3rd one.
  22. Oct 16, 2012
    The season premiere is really a pickup from the last season, the first 5 minutes perfectly illustrates everything we need to know about the group, without any dialogue. Should the rest of the episodes continue as such, this is going to be a great season!
  23. Oct 24, 2012
    A great way to begin the thrid season. I hope they'd reveal those dirty secrets about how it all started and what is going to happen now. All the cast memebers are delivering their great performances especially Andrew Lincoln. I love his performance. There is prison, there is Michonne, there is the Governer, there are the survivors and there are the ZOMBIES. I love the Walking Dead becauseA great way to begin the thrid season. I hope they'd reveal those dirty secrets about how it all started and what is going to happen now. All the cast memebers are delivering their great performances especially Andrew Lincoln. I love his performance. There is prison, there is Michonne, there is the Governer, there are the survivors and there are the ZOMBIES. I love the Walking Dead because this series is not just a regular TV series, when you watch it, it gives you the BIG impression of mesmerizing production. Expand
  24. Nov 28, 2012
    The first season of this show turned me into a fan instantly, and I started reading the comic book. The comic book is amazing, with so much content for the writers of the show to use. They blew it big time with the second season, but they've redeemed themselves by hitting a home run with the third season. They're using a lot more material from the comic book this time around and doing itThe first season of this show turned me into a fan instantly, and I started reading the comic book. The comic book is amazing, with so much content for the writers of the show to use. They blew it big time with the second season, but they've redeemed themselves by hitting a home run with the third season. They're using a lot more material from the comic book this time around and doing it perfectly! People who are not familiar with the material are in for a treat. Expand
  25. Oct 14, 2012
    Saw it at an advanced screening; absolutely incredible premiere for what i'm hoping will be a series that lives up to the high standards of the first season, and the second-half of the second season.
  26. Oct 14, 2012
    Everything about Season 3 so far has blown seasons 1 and 2 out of the water, there's less talking, less drama, and less b*tchy women. The entire premier was atmospheric and engaging from start to finish, the prison creates a very hollow setting that is superior to that of Hershels farm and even Atlanta city.
  27. Oct 27, 2012
    This series is remarkably compelling. The characterisation is surprisingly deep. For those reading who are concerned about people commenting on more action and less drama, don't worry, it's still mining a rich vein whilst simultaneously giving us peerless thriller material. It's top stuff, and the fact that Homeland needs more suspension of disbelief than a zombie show tells you a lotThis series is remarkably compelling. The characterisation is surprisingly deep. For those reading who are concerned about people commenting on more action and less drama, don't worry, it's still mining a rich vein whilst simultaneously giving us peerless thriller material. It's top stuff, and the fact that Homeland needs more suspension of disbelief than a zombie show tells you a lot about both.... Expand
  28. Nov 24, 2012
    A disgusting emotional trip, the walking dead represents ; edgy, violent and classy TV.
    i applause the characters 's psychological background work..especially rick's .
  29. Oct 22, 2012
    Once again... the show has found what it was missing... and I'm not only talking about a plot... I'm also talking here about... ZOMBIES...There are actually Zombies again, and it is fantastic.

There's still a sense that The Walking Dead is shambling along too lackadaisically. Great pulp is propulsive, ruthless. But the show's embrace of "B"-movie values is a heartening sign.
  2. Reviewed by: Willa Paskin
    Oct 12, 2012
    The Walking Dead is extremely realistic about the decayed, vast, destroyed world, and dopily idealistic about its main character.
  3. Reviewed by: Mary McNamara
    Oct 12, 2012
    If early episodes are any indication, Season 3 will provide a glorious payoff for those EST-ian weeks down on the farm.