• Network: AMC
  • Series Premiere Date: Oct 31, 2010
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5
8.1

1. Oct 21, 2012
    An amazing show. Even better than the last two seasons I must say. Brilliantly shot tv show series. If it is your first time watching it would be best if you watch the last two seasons before venturing into 3rd one.
  2. Dec 4, 2012
    They really pulled it off this time. This entire season has indeed been, as promised by the show's makers, better than the first two seasons put together. The group has been living for months on the run and has clearly been taught by Rick to protect itself, and he's now the undisputed, trusted leader. No more straggling damsels are left. Everyone has some idea how to kill zombies and has indeed had to do so. And that's just the beginning setup for the season. I don't want to say too much, so I'll just say it this way--if you gave up on the show, un-give up on it. They redeemed characters whose actions used to make me constantly facepalm (Lori, Carl) and now when there's drama, you can understand why because the dramatic choice is also the sensible one. Most of the time, the deaths feel pretty necessary when they happen instead of feeling stupid and random (like certain deaths to walkers in mid-season 2 particularly.) And seriously, them making me feel for Lori as much as I did was a freaking miracle, as I was so sick of her and ready to stop seeing the character EVER again during nearly all of season 2.

TWD is finally, truly worth watching--every episode.
  3. Oct 27, 2012
    This series is remarkably compelling. The characterisation is surprisingly deep. For those reading who are concerned about people commenting on more action and less drama, don't worry, it's still mining a rich vein whilst simultaneously giving us peerless thriller material. It's top stuff, and the fact that Homeland needs more suspension of disbelief than a zombie show tells you a lot about both.... Expand
  4. Oct 19, 2012
    A prison, which is a scary place where no one ever wants to go, is the safest place to be in a zombie apocalypse. It's perfect. It brings a whole new dimension to the series, enhancing the dark and twisted storytelling even more. Rick, who has changed tremendously since season one, adopting part of Shane's mentality, is now a fit leader for the group, and has done a great job turning them into a bad ass S.W.A.T team. Even Carl and Beth are slicing and shooting walkers now, becoming a new generation of zombie-killing soldiers. The first five minutes of the episode really lays down a nice foundation for the rest of the episode, illustrating the urgency to survive, while not having essentials like food, water, and shelter. The kill count is significantly higher in this episode, higher then it's ever been in any other episode, on any other season. Post-Frank Darabont was a scare thought for the series, but Glen Mazzara has his own vision for the show, and as of now it's working out for him. He's done great things for 'The Walking Dead'. The last few minutes of the episode continued to prove how the show has evolved, putting Herschel in harms way is a ballsy move, and if he dies, it really goes to show that no one on this cast is safe. Making it that much more interesting to watch. If you have a character you're rooting for, which for me it's Rick and Daryl, your constantly tuning in, hoping that they are alive at the end of each episode. 'The Walking Dead' may not be a critical darling like Breaking Bad or Mad Men, but one thing remains true about the series, it's hands down the most entertaining and addictive show on TV... and the RECORD BREAKING ratings don't hurt! Expand
  5. Dec 25, 2012
    While this show may be about dead, it is very much alive. And with every new season it is only getting better. If someone can digest the gore, there won't be any regrets.
  6. Nov 28, 2012
    The first season of this show turned me into a fan instantly, and I started reading the comic book. The comic book is amazing, with so much content for the writers of the show to use. They blew it big time with the second season, but they've redeemed themselves by hitting a home run with the third season. They're using a lot more material from the comic book this time around and doing it perfectly! People who are not familiar with the material are in for a treat. Expand
  7. Oct 15, 2012
    Seriously, best episode of the series. I am an avid TWD comic book reader and to see the prison finally real to my eyes and the intensity in Michonnes demeanor in real time is just a dream come true. The show changes up many aspects from the comic but they are ALL welcomed. I love the comics and I am so in love with the show! Just keeps getting better!!! Oh and riot gear zombies! just the best.
  8. Oct 28, 2012
    The only show worth watching on TV is back. After the stunning season 2 Rick and the other survivors find themselves a prison that they could potentially live in however tensions with the surviving inmates and the threat of attack from the nearby town on Woodbury threaten their safety. Who will survive to see another day?
  9. Oct 31, 2012
    A great start to season 3 with the first 3 episodes. Season 2 was a bit stagnant with the whole season based on the farm but the new story lines and scenarios have really invigorated the series.
    Can't wait for episode 4.
  10. Oct 23, 2012
    Finally Rick and the gang are back, killing zombies in a more streamlined way than ever before. all though the zombie part of the series makes it more interesting, this show is in essence the best show on TV right now that actually deals with our most basic human emotions. How do we react, and what are we willing to do to survive in an extreme environment. Is it worth surviving at any cost? Season three is off to a really good start. Expand
  11. Nov 8, 2012
    Robert Kirkman's comic book literally come to life - no pun intended!! AMC's hit show just keeps getting batter and better, with terror that only comes from the Walkers but from the living as well!! Now with Season 3 is rolling along, we're finally introduced to the comics' best antagonist - The Governor!!! With a fast pace and smart dialogue, this series just may surpass the brilliance of the comic book series!! Expand
  12. Oct 14, 2012
    Watched it early at a screening in Denver. All I can say is this season trumps over the previous two seasons, by far. Rick Grimes is way above his badass status as before and rises to a whole new monster.
  13. Oct 14, 2012
    Everything about Season 3 so far has blown seasons 1 and 2 out of the water, there's less talking, less drama, and less b*tchy women. The entire premier was atmospheric and engaging from start to finish, the prison creates a very hollow setting that is superior to that of Hershels farm and even Atlanta city.
  14. Oct 14, 2012
    Saw it at an advanced screening; absolutely incredible premiere for what i'm hoping will be a series that lives up to the high standards of the first season, and the second-half of the second season.
  15. Oct 22, 2012
    Once again... the show has found what it was missing... and I'm not only talking about a plot... I'm also talking here about... ZOMBIES...There are actually Zombies again, and it is fantastic.
  16. Oct 14, 2012
    The show is reinvented, the prison is absolutely perfect and a paradox in itself as its a enclosing institution that actually frees them. be ready for a great season fans!
  17. Oct 14, 2012
    Easily the best show on television, and the prison adds new drama. Less soap operaish and much more actions, blood, guts, and Rick committing crimes against zombies.
  18. Oct 14, 2012
    Amazing season premiere for one of the best shows on TV right now. The jump in time has added a whole new dimension to the characters, keeping us on our toes even more than before. If this premiere is any indication, this is going to be the best season yet.
  19. Oct 16, 2012
    The season premiere is really a pickup from the last season, the first 5 minutes perfectly illustrates everything we need to know about the group, without any dialogue. Should the rest of the episodes continue as such, this is going to be a great season!
  20. Oct 27, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. So far Season 3 is living up to expectations. I cant wait for the Governor to come into the picture. I also cant wait to see how Daryl will react to Meryl being on the other side. It will be a total mind-&@#$ for him. I dont think he will leave the group though because he is too ingrained with them now as Ricks #2. Expand
  21. Nov 7, 2012
    La pesadilla zombie sigue, despues de casi un año desde que se estreno la segunda temporada, con una trama que ya me engancho, despues del final en que son perseguidos por una horda, de encontrar que hay un refugio de gente donde esta el hermano de daryl, merle, y de tantas muertes sorpresivas, solo habiendo visto 4 episodios, espero mas cosas haci.
  22. Nov 4, 2012
    Finally a series with great writers! The Walking Dead has great directors, actors and writing, I haven't seen a show that understood how to make the audience hang on every word, every breath, and always come out satisfied. If your not watching this our missing something special.
  23. Mar 26, 2013
    Simply the best show on television. The perfect blend of character development, a great story, and plenty of zombie killing (if you're into that like I am). If you're expecting just a mindless show with plenty of pointless killing this is not it, you have to love it and trust me you will.
  24. Nov 22, 2012
    The Walking Dead from the get-go has been about its story telling and drama, as Robert Kirkman said himself "i wanted the Walking Dead to be about how people survive and hug and cry and sh*t. Season 3 takes what makes the Walking Dead good and mixes it up a little. Season 3 contains massive twists and turns with new characters and locations. Defiantly one of the best shows on air.
  25. Dec 11, 2012
    The best season so far. The season premiere is fantastic, but the episode 3x04 is definitely the best episode of the show, terrific, amazing acted and brilliant directed. The Walking Dead is fantastic.
  26. Nov 24, 2012
    A disgusting emotional trip, the walking dead represents ; edgy, violent and classy TV.
    i applause the characters 's psychological background work..especially rick's .
  27. Dec 5, 2012
    At the mid-season point, I am thoroughly anticipating what comes next. I did not mind the slow-pacing of the 2nd season as much as some people did (though I completely understand their reasons), but I find that they managed to keep the story steamrolling with plot twists while not sacrificing any of the character building. The fourth episode was some of the best, most emotionally wrenching television I have ever watched. Expand
  28. Dec 16, 2012
    The third season seems to revolve around the conflict between two human groups with the zombies being something of a filler, rather than the zombies being a main focus, nevertheless its still one of the best TV shows around. I do love the fact that no main character (except may be Rick) is immune to death and you are left with a feeling that anyone can be next.
  29. Feb 8, 2013
    Best show ever.. its really that simple. When I heard about this show, I thought, EH another zombie genre and didn't give it a look. After season 2 ended, it took Netflix and a boring Saturday to get me to start watching the show. After episode 3 of season 1 I was completely hooked. Not so much for the gore, but the human aspect and interactions. The dialogue is amazing. The idea of survival is so diverse and is well thought out with each character. Even when problems arise among the groups, its easy to lose sight of the bigger issue. The way the characters deal and interact with this larger issue is really what brings me back week to week. Season 3 is amazing so far and I can not wait to see what happens on the second half of that season. If you have not seen the show, i highly recommend watching as it is not what you would expect this kind of show to be. Absolutely brilliant! Expand

There's still a sense that The Walking Dead is shambling along too lackadaisically. Great pulp is propulsive, ruthless. But the show's embrace of "B"-movie values is a heartening sign.
  2. Reviewed by: Willa Paskin
    Oct 12, 2012
    The Walking Dead is extremely realistic about the decayed, vast, destroyed world, and dopily idealistic about its main character.
  3. Reviewed by: Mary McNamara
    Oct 12, 2012
    If early episodes are any indication, Season 3 will provide a glorious payoff for those EST-ian weeks down on the farm.