• Network: AMC
  • Series Premiere Date: Oct 31, 2010
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5
8.1

1. Aug 19, 2014
    Introducing a ruthless antagonist and including more guts and gore than its predecessor, season three gets the job done in spectacular fashion. The finale may disappoint some, but it's nothing too unbearable.
  2. Aug 1, 2014
    My favorite series of all time! This season and half of season 4 were both focused on the prison and the governor. It was a hectic season with alot of scary and intense moment's with alot of sad moment's that really kept me wanting more. But after a few hour's of watching the governor i was getting kind of sick of him, he was a good character but i just felt like they spent to much time on focusing on humans vs humans than focusing on the main part of the series, zombie's. 4 episodes of the governor and i was sick of all the humans vs humans, but i still watched because it was still a good series. Now that there focusing on zombie's again i feel the show is going to be alot more epic! Season three is a good season, not the best of the walking dead. Too much of the prison made me feel kinda bored of seeing it. But i still did enjoy the season because it took you to a new enemy that was more of a threat than the zombie's. Expand
  3. Jun 25, 2014
    The third season of The Walking Dead is an uneven one. However there are great moments especially in the first half of the season. The second half plods along and nothing really happens. However the first half was so good that I didn't mind.
  4. Jun 24, 2014
    The best season for sure as we are in a new location, more deaths and twists, an awesome and deadly villain, better supporting cast and a more interesting story to along with it.
  5. Apr 15, 2014
    Esta temporada fue mejor que la segunda pero no tan brillante como la primera, razones, pues la 1era mitad de temporada fue buena, pero es en la segunda parte donde pecan en lo que es alargar la trama, episodios de relleno sin un fin de avanzar la trama, y un final de temporada algo decepcionante.
  6. Mar 20, 2014
    Probably the best season out of the first 3 seasons! I was losing hope in season 2. but the show turned around! When you cant wait till you see the next episode, that means it a good show! and this is it!
  7. Feb 20, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. My hopes were very high going into season 3 after a fantastic pay off for the overall very successful season 2 and I was rewarded by an action packed opening couple of episodes that just built the momentum more and more. Andrew Lincoln has always made this a show well worth watching however for me he shares the glory with David Morrissey's take on the Governor who is one of the most intimidating villains I've seen on tv. The pace is slowed slightly as the writers try to emphasise the stark differences between life at the prison and life at Woodbury but also in the way both groups are led. The theme of leadership is key throughout this season. The menace and threat is worked even higher as Rick and the Governor's paths finally cross but disappointingly this is also where the season loses momentum slightly. New characters are introduced but are given so little development that it's impossible to be invested with them at this point and things are slowed still by Rick's inner turmoil by events previous. Thematically for me the season works perfectly, it's execution at times is questionable especially with the writers treatment of Andrea whose incomprehensible decision making at times really tests the viewers patience and sympathy. Despite a promising build-up it doesn't quite deliver in the finale which remains the most disappointing of the three full seasons so far however there is enough drama, action and threat throughout to make this still a compelling season. Expand
  8. Feb 9, 2014
    Although the season as a whole is much more solid it still has its downfalls. The Woodbury plot lasted just a bit longer than it should have and so did the Rick-Lori plot. That said it was a very interesting and entertaining season and it did correct a lot of the flaws of the second season but it didn't quite correct them enough.
  9. Jan 22, 2014
    A soap opera with Zombies!!! Can't believe people like this drivel. It's trite and lacks any kind of original content. The acting is atrocious. The plot is dumb! Plot development has been replaced with effects and lame attempts of suspense. There are so many inconsistencies I can't believe anyone with any intelligence likes the way the writers have veered from Season 1 & 2. Woodberry is a joke...and the townspeople are laughable. It's all just melodrama...like I said, a soap opera with zombies!!! Expand
  10. Jan 6, 2014
    This show is still in my top 2 all time (right behind GoT), but it took a slight step back this season for me. Maybe it's because I love the comics and the stories they told, and that is probably true. The comics are some of the best story telling in any form since The Watchmen graphic novel. I thought they couldn't miss it when the said they were bringing in the Governor one of the best villain characters in the past 20 years in any form. But they really dropped the ball with him and are going to stretch out his story too long. Still, the show is very strong at giving us zombie action and great stories just please don't drag out a character like Andrea ever again on the show. Expand
  11. Dec 31, 2013
    Rick was not a great leader, father or husband at all. The show would've been much better if Shane had lived instead! Every decision he made kept putting the team in jeopardy and the only thing or people he cared about was his whore wife Lauren. Shane said it b est when he said "Rick was not a great protector" so miss him!!!!!
  12. Dec 30, 2013
    Não consegue ser melhor que a primeira e a segunda temporada mesmo assim a adição de novos personagens faz a gente se envolver em uma trama mau manuseada e fraca que ao mesmo tempo boa mais não tanto.
  13. Dec 1, 2013
    This 3rd season was good. The 2nd season is still better. The 4th season is bad. I have seen the first 7 episodes of the fourth season and the writers must be different. I recommend the other ones if you are starting to get into the series.
  14. Nov 21, 2013
    The epic TWD returns, with more Shane. Awesome gore and dialogue! Loved this season, full of jump out scares and awesome zombie effects. Frank Darabont has done good direction this time and added a whole new A+ horror in his epic show. TWD just got better.
  15. Nov 15, 2013
    The Walking Dead esta maior e com menos conteúdo racional, o roteiro insiste em fazer drama com banalidades e a narração repetitiva e cansativa, o numero de zumbis ao invés de diminuir só aumenta a cada temporada e a lógica passa cada vez mais longe da serie.
  16. Nov 11, 2013
    Episode #1 started off super stupid, but ended cool. Episode #2 was ok. Episode #3 through #8 were AWESOME, and I loved every one. Episode #9 to the end got worse & worse with each airing to the horrible final which left me totally not pumped for season 4.
  17. Nov 9, 2013
    The Walking dead is one of the greatest series i've ever seen, only Breaking Bad is on same level. Right from actors, story, drama and character development its just great! Many think that there isnt enough action but then people dont understand what the walking dead is about. This show is about people and thats happens to them in when the world goes under.
  18. Nov 5, 2013
    Compared to the first 2 seasons, it is a little disappointing. But this time it's more gritty and sometimes a little comical in my opinion. I still can't stop watching it.
  19. Oct 23, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Season 3 was a HUGE improvement over Season 2, but it fell apart after the mid-season finale. The first half of the season is fantastic setting the stage for the drama that starts up. The prison conflict, the Governor, Andrew's return, it was all great. There were just enough subplots and it fit well with the main plot of season 3. I liked all the new characters (Oscar being one of my favorites) and it was all good, but then the problems come in, the first being Michonne. Now, most people are confused as to why I don't like Michonne since she has friggen sword and is seemingly a BA character, but my problem is how she starts off as awesome right away. She knows exactly what to do and is awesome at doing it. While she isn't a Mary Sue, it just bores me to see her on screen because I know she'll do all the perfect things to survive. Now, a lot of people call me a hypocrite for hating her and praising Daryl, but the thing is, Daryl had character growth and build. He started off as a unlikeable jerk who was self centered, but was BA with his crossbow and knew what to do. As Season 2 progressed, he became extremely volatile towards people, but showed his sensitive side towards Carol and eventually became a valued member of the group in the end and now has the character to back up his awesome personality and BA moments. Michonne is completely lacking of that character development and when there are 2 BA characters in the group, it just becomes redundant. That's not to say Rick, Oscar or Tyreese weren't cool, but Daryl and Michonne are clearly represented as the BA characters and we only really need one. Having more is obnoxious. Now, after we get past my character problems we get to the mid-season finale. The climatic assault at Woodbury ends up with Oscar getting killed (he died too soon) and Daryl getting captured and getting set up to fight against his brother Merle who was framed for the attack, and it ends as a major cliffhanger and I couldn't wait to see how Daryl would get out of this one. Well, right off the bat, the trailer for the rest of Season 3 ruined everything it built with Daryl and Merle as it clearly shows Daryl in a different scene clearly alive so that was a mood killer, but that's not why I didn't like the rest of season 3. What I hated was all the build up for the war between Rick and the Governor. Now, for the first 2 or 3 episodes of the buildup, it wasn't really a problem as I wanted there to be some sort of build up, but while this is going on, nothing is really happening except with Rick going crazy and some Woodbury stuff. There was nothing else going on and it was really boring to watch. Now, I really enjoyed the filler episode where Rick goes back to where Morgan was because there was something going on, but it had nothing to do with Woodbury outside of the fact that they were getting guns. If anything, the rest of the season should've been focusing on getting weapons and supplies for the war and fixing the breaches in the prison and maybe revealing the prison is accessible through many areas and zombies start pouring in. If it would've focused on that, combined with some filler, it would've been much more interesting than all the nothing going on. Now, I can't act like they didn't have a few episodes like the ones I described. Like I said earlier, the filler episode was about them getting weapons and supplies and there was the subplot with Merle taking Michonne to the governor in an attempt to assassinate and Rick contemplating if he should hand Michonne over to the Governor or not. When those bits were actually on screen and present it was great, but there was so much pointless filler that it ruined a lot of that. And the "final" battle between Woodbury and the Prison sucked so hard, that's an entirely different review altogether. What I will say about it is why I didn't like it was, with the amount of "build up" leading to it, it was resolved too quickly and the "26 body count" that AMC was bragging about was just the Governor killing off all of his soldiers. So, in the end, I was left disappointed with how they ended things, but I have high hopes for Season 4 because of the greatness of the first half of season 3 and all the potential this new writer has. Expand
  20. Oct 19, 2013
    the third season of the walking dead began exploding and stayed that way throughout the season, she deserved high marks to release the last episode of this season in which I was quite disappointed.
  21. Oct 19, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Season three is a major improvement from season two. It brings life back into the characters who are two dimensional cut-outs. Although I'm happy they add new characters, settings and events that separate it from the comics, I was expecting an absolute brilliant season considering how scary and insane the Governor is but it strays so far from the original source material that it majorly lacks the same excitement the comics had involving the Governor.

This season also proved to me that the writers cannot write women, it is only Carol and Michonne that I can actually stand.
  22. Oct 15, 2013
    How many suspicious people question the Governor and then believe his delayed, fake-smiled, shifty eyed responses? How many characters KNOW what scum that guy is, had the chance to kill him, and didn't? They shoot people in the head who have died so they don't "turn"... Why does every character let this problem persist?

It's easy to spot the difference between an antagonist's luck and
    really bad story telling... and I was thinking that before the Governor started shooting his own people... including the guy who was already drawn on him... with an assault rifle... for five seconds... standing there like a deer statue in headlights... truly terrible. Expand
  23. Oct 11, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Wow. Failure. Spoilers follow. I feel like the original writers are completely gone, or they just ran out of ideas. Too much generic horror movie stuff, nonsensical zombies appearing out of nowhere, pointless relationships, and total failure to represent characters from the comic(except Michonne I guess, who still isn't accurate but I actually like her better in the show). Tyreese was absolutely epic in the comic, why even include him if you are just going to waste the reference? The governor, god... I don't even know where to start. If you want a totally different character with a couple of small references to the comic, make a new one. The show's governor is a complete waste of time, and the longer they draw that crap out the worse it makes everyone look. This guy with no police or military training can chase a bad-ass woman who can clearly handle herself, announcing himself as he goes, and she chooses to hide scared like a teenage girl in a horror movie over and over again instead of kill him. She also gets made into a complete moron for seeing how horrible this guy was and just writing it off repeatedly. Then we have Merle, who up until the end was portrayed as someone that nobody wanted to mess with, and because a few people kicked him while he was on the ground covering up(wouldn't that just anger the Merle we've known till now?), the governor totally destroys him in hand to hand combat, disarming him and killing him without suffering a scratch. Andrea and the Governor are portrayed pretty excellently in the comics, so to see these ideas reused in a much worse way makes little sense at all. Basically, if you've read the comic, don't bother with the show anymore. The comic is intelligent, character driven, and makes sense the majority of the time. The show has become a shadow of that, and I really feel like they have no good ideas of their own anymore so they keep going back and ripping off random stuff from the comic and changing the hell out of it for some reason in between bouts of ninja zombie packs. Expand
  24. Oct 7, 2013
    Now it starts to get good. It's not perfect but damn it's getting better and better. seeing characters die, zombies getting their skulls bashed in every 15 minutes and a great adversary, The Governor. It's a great show now. Can't wait for season 4 next week!
  25. Oct 3, 2013
    It's still kinda entertaining, the effects are good and the atmosphere often great, but in Season 3 I have the feeling that the writing is going downhill in a hurry. For lack of any better ideas, some old fashinoned western clishee (aka the governor) is introduced as a villain, probably to cover the fact that the writers have no bloody idea how else to continue keeping suspense and a feeling of constant threat up without the characters acting bloody frackin stupid...
    For a horror show to work, the viewer needs either to like the characters or to be able to identify with them. Otherwise, seeing them in danger and being killed off will just invoke a shrug.
    In season 3, I have more and more trouble to like the characters. Identifying with them was already done in season 2...
    Come on, we're 10 MONTHS into the zombie apocalypse and folks STILL run around walkers in a bloody tank top? I mean, really, even for a lack of some kevlar, *I* have a bloody leather jacket in my closet. Every home improvement store carries some cut-resistant gloves and trousers for woodwork. Some leather suit from the biker store? Hello?
    No, 10 months after the fact, folks still get bitten for walking by a corpse without making sure it stays dead, they STILL argue about leaving behind friends that got bitten and they STILL leave people that have proven themselves a deadly danger run unchecked.
    It's starting to get boring and repetitive and annoying, and without Michonne, Carl and Michael Rooker acting everyone's a** off, the season would fall into mediocrity.
    Oh, and, Andrea is being so blonde it hurts. :-P
  26. Oct 1, 2013
    The Walking Dead Season 3 starts off a bit after a time skip sometime after the end of Season 2. A lot has happened and many character changes have happened and will affect the overall development of the characters amongst themselves and amongst new characters. Several new characters have been added to the overall cast and bring forth a whole new view on the world of the TWD. A new feature introduced to this season is the fact that the storyline is divided between two groups of survivors. There are some episodes where they may feel like they are fillers but are essential to the character development of a already huge and growing cast of characters. Expand
  27. Sep 24, 2013
    Amazing show! It has everything a zombie apocalypse show should have! The acting is outstanding and has an amazing storyline. It has you on edge always worried about each character and what is about to happen to the group next. Some episodes have even made me cry! Amazing! I'm going to write this for all 3 season because they all truly are brilliant! No complaints!
  28. Sep 16, 2013
    Cómo la web me pide un mínimo de 150 caracteres, y necesito hacer el review para poder tenerla archivada en mi perfil, pues suelto este rollo y mi votación es de 8. Un saludo.
  29. Sep 1, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Too Long suffers the same problems from the second season, but at least its got more zombie killing action, also the 3rd season had an amazing start yet has a very somehow very Disappointing ending for its just to happy and i just couldn't believe what happened, it should have stayed in the direction of the comic book and make rick lose pretty much everything important to him and the group having to leave the prison. Overall i was rather quite disappointed with the 3rd season for i expected it to be better then the 2nd, Overall 6/10, i didn't wanna watch the last 3 episodes for about 6 months because i was so board, hopefully the 4th season can save the series, because i believe that Rick and the group have already spent WAY TOO MUCH TIME IN THE PRISON. Expand
  30. Aug 8, 2013
    When I first heard they were turning this comic into a show, I was sure it would not get many viewers and be cancelled. The Walking Dead at heart is a story about people trying to survive, or figuring out why even survive in the first place.
    I figured most genre fans would be upset with the lack of zombies, gore and 'coolness' in general. And I thought everybody else would think it
    would be too scary gory and violent to even tune in. However, both the show and viewers surprised me, and TWD has become the most popular cable show ever.

How Andrew Lincoln has not been nominated for an Emmy is simply amazing.
  31. Jul 25, 2013
    The first half of was kinda good. Feature some relentlessly, intense and emotional episodes. It was darker, the new addition of an antagonist proved that the show could be the next top drama. However, then came episodes where it dropped the ball. It completely lost focus, it's characters became poorly written, all these minor characters that seemed to be getting more and more screen time that didn't go anywhere, a subplot with Rick going mad became over done, episodes became poorly paced and of course it's finale left with a wimper.

S1 still remains the best. Last of half of S2 was pretty good, for the most part, the first half of S3 was pretty good.
  32. Jul 8, 2013
    In some cases, the acting could use some work and the plot of season 3 dragged to a limp conclusion. The episode before the conclusion was more exciting, which is a let down because of how awesome the farm attack was for the season 2 finale. Still, TWD is one of the best shows on TV and I can't wait for Season 4.
  33. Jun 22, 2013
    This is an example of a good show with a lot of gore but also a good and deep plot. Zombie apocalypse is very fashion this days, and i love. The way they survived was very plausible, the way they got from place to place and finally get to a good site. The way they planted to get food and how they made it to getting food for the baby, a lot of interesting aspects in this series that cannot be missed like the way they used close combat and the arrows very well. Expand
  34. Jun 16, 2013
    If zombies ever existed, I want to be on these guys team. The writers and producers of the show aren't afraid to take risk just to save their best characters. When you can kill off the star queen of the show who held everybody together for comfort, as a lioness nurtures her cubs, then you know The Walking Dead is genuine.

When you can feel the character pain is authentic and it leaps
    onto you, the production co. did their job. Expand
  35. Jun 16, 2013
    There is no comparison between this season and the two before. Plot extraordinary,. Action, suspense, Drama in one tv show. Great. That's all i can say. can't wait for the next season
  36. Jun 7, 2013
    It was a solid season. It wasn't as good as season one but was much better than season 2. I liked that they're starting to make other humans the main threat, as opposed to walkers. And with the exception of Holden, the acting was very good. The first half of the season was very exciting and well written. Unfortunately, the second half wasn't as good. There was a great episode in "Clear," a couple of good episodes, but most of them were decent at best and one, "I Ain't a Judas," was awful. The season also went out with more of a whimper than a bang, although I'm curious to see in what direction they go with the prison now. The season had a great start, but overall I thought it could be better. It was still enjoyable for the most part, but I'm really hoping season 4 brings us back to the greatness that was season 1. Expand
  37. May 23, 2013
    The best season of the series, so far. Best performances more epic moments, excellent script, perhaps the only thing that disappointed me was the end.
  38. May 21, 2013
    Been a pretty good season so far. It fades in and out through out the season but it has always been enjoyable to watch. I liked it as much as I did any other season.
  39. Apr 27, 2013
    Unfortunately The Walking dead Season 3 is not as good as season 1 and 2, it's only about blood, guns and shooting around. That Far west-Bad man (the Governor) VS good man (Rick Grimes) is nothing new. Especially the second half of the season is quite boring in my opinion. I also think it's useless introducing a character (the Governor) who wants to heal zombies and wants to keep his turned-into-zombie daughter "alive" when they already showed something like that on season 2 with farmer Hershel. I missed Shane watching season 3, a real and interesting controversial character. I hope they are going to do something better on season 4. Expand
  40. Apr 27, 2013
    Started off very strongly. This season is better than previous ones in all respects. More death, danger, zombie action, moral ambiguity and human threat. The first half ended on a high note and it only got better as the season progressed. I feel that if Andrea had devolved into a ruthless queen to the Governor, and totally shunned her former friends like they did her, it would have worked better for her character and plot. At least she wouldn't have been so replaceable. After watching this show, I think I know how to handle myself in a zombie apocalypse. Expand
  41. Apr 17, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Man, I love the walking dead. The best episodic series on television at the moment... I loved season 1, season 2 was even better, so this had to be good and it didn't disappoint! From start to finish I was absolutely entertained and shocked by some of the out comes. There were two episodes which I thought could of been explained better for example, the sudden and abrupt meeting between The Governor and Rik, where did that come from? And there should of been better use of the character, like the man who rik gave the radio to at season 1 (forgot his name). A mixed ending as well... BUT, all in all... Pretty much flawless... 10/10 Expand
  42. Apr 13, 2013
    The first thing that struck me during the season premiere was how skilled and comfortable the group have become in dealing with zombies. There has clearly been some time pass between seasons and in order to survive the group have become deadlier and more immune to the fear of zombies, especially in small numbers in open spaces but I found that in doing so, I didn't feel the fear, suspense or shock that I previously did either.

Perhaps sensitive to criticism of the slow nature of the last season, some pretty major events occur within the first four episodes this time around, reducing the number of the prison inhabitants by two and introducing (and in one case reintroducing) the residents of Woodbury to our screens. The show definitely improves with the introduction of Woodbury's de facto chief, The Governor. Already a merciless leader with some disturbing but well meant secrets, he becomes an increasingly violent madman after clashing with Michonne and the character becomes the driving force of the reminder of the season's storyline.

The story was again bogged down in places by frustrating character development. Rick and Lori's domestic issues, Rick's mental breakdown and Glenn and Maggie's issues post-Woodbury kidnap all being examples of the show not being at it's best.

The season is action packed, by the end zombies only really appeared as extras outside the prison perimeter, as the story focused solely on the impending battle between The Governor's Woodbury and Rick's prison. Caught in the middle of the two was Andrea, who had the most frustrating character storyline of the season and overtook Lori and Carl (no mean feat) as the show's most annoying character. Just as the season finale looked set to reveal the victor once and for all, it didn't. No cliffhanger, no nothing, the finale only serving to give polite notice that the personal duel had been postponed to next season.

With at least it's third showrunner taking over the helm for season four, The Walking Dead will need to hit the ground running next time around.
  43. Apr 12, 2013
    I was never planning on watching this series. Mostly I just don't like to watch horror. That said, this is such a good mix of drama and horror that I got hooked. Now I can't miss an episode. I think the third season was as strong as the previous two seasons and am eagerly awaiting season four.
  44. Apr 7, 2013
    The setting of the show is amazing the world is coming to an end and humanity is on the verge of returning to the Stone Age and becoming an agrarian economy. Zombies are decimating the world population I mean what was not to like!
    What surprised me was how the writers of the show managed to achieve the feat of making every character so unlikeable and pedestrian and as a consequence the
    series boring. The show fails remarkably in creating a dystopia. The post-apocalyptic vision the show captures is so mundane it was a struggle for me to sit through the six episodes of Season 1. The only good bits were the terrific visual effects.
    I’m going to fast forward to Season 3 and set up a scene for you A car is zipping across what is a deserted highway, brown leaves strewn on the road, you can tell the place has seen its share of carnage. One of the occupants of the car is our Hero, Rick Grimes. As the car races across the Road a solitary young man carrying a huge backpack appears and at first frantically urges the car to stop then begs and pleads with them to take pity on him and help him. There isn’t even a discussion by the occupants whether they should stop or not they just keep going. On the way back they cross the same patch of the Road. You can see there’s fresh blood on the gravel guts sprayed across the tarmac. There’s a dead body on the road it’s the same guy who wanted to be rescued desperately. The car crosses the Dead body or what’s left of it and as if as an afterthought the driver brings the car to a halt few metres ahead and pauses, then puts the car in reverse it comes to a stop next to the back pack. Somebody picks it up and they’r on their way again. Not a word is exchanged during all this. After all what is there to be said, characters are past debating the morality of such actions self-preservation now precedes everything and even 10 year old boys do horrible things not out of malice but out of necessity. And it’s not just Zombies that Humanity has to contend with it’s the danger they pose each other too, fighting over what are now quickly depleting resources. It’s moments like these that are flat our brilliant and for once you do believe the apocalypse is upon our planet. The problem is scenes such are these aren’t too frequent and that I believe is what’s now keeping it from becoming a cinematic achievement, but the show has improved considerably since early days and I believe now finally it’s hands down the best series ever created against the backdrop of a post-apocalyptic earth. Random thought would have been great to see someone adapt ‘World War Z’ into a TV series I know it is not going to happen. The movie Trilogy will be great 6- 8 hours of entertainment nonetheless, delivered over a course of three years.
    I felt nothing for the characters in ‘The Walking Dead’ even mid-way through season 2 and stopped watching after the 5th episode. But I’m glad I gave it another chance last week (couldn’t sleep, decided I’d watch one more episode and perhaps see why the US of A was so fixated on how amazing it really was, I ended up watching right through to the end of Season 3). It gets better during the latter half of the second season and the third season is when the show finally sets out to become what is should have been in the first place a chilling tale of survival on a doomed planet (YES, I took the trouble to think real hard and come up with the most hackneyed cliché to describe it). Like me, if you hated the show early on even though you were a fan of the genre and wanted to like the show, I’d recommend you give it another shot and stay with it a while you will not be disappointed unless you don’t like Zombie genre all together, if that is the case then I doubt you’ll find any merit at all in this tale.
    I can’t wait to see where they’ll be taking it come Season 4 because NO, I don’t read comic books so I don’t know what the story has in store for us.
  45. Apr 6, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Okay, full review for the 3rd season of the walking dead is needed, and how happy am I that this season has actually decided to do something!
    We all have our bad memories of season 2 and-luckily!!!-we've had nothing but a reversal this time around, with the occasional downward point that has made this season the equivalent of HIMYM's 'crazy girl scale' of movement. It's been great and terrible in virtually every episode-and you know, I kinda like it now.
    It's looking like 'The Gov'ner(still lol whenever I say that) is going to be a reoccurring villain and I like that, but the one thing I'm worried about is Carl's turn down the Dark Side, he may end up being a problem for season 4,but I hope they don't go too far.
    All in all it's a great season and I'll get it as soon as it's on DVD
  46. Apr 6, 2013
    Season 3 is severly disappointing.The first half of season 3 was excellent and full of tension and I honestly believed that the show has finally hit a stride and fixed it's numerous short-comings(poor dialogue,shoddy writing,boredom). I was wrong.The second half was terrible and full of clichés and mundane,unintersting storylines that were apparently building towards a "War" with Woodbury.This "War" never happened and it felt the season built towards absolutely nothing.The amount of filler used this season is inexcusable.I am no longer a viewer of The Walking Dead after this season.I enjoy the episode video-game and the comics,but the TV show is going nowhere. Expand
  47. Apr 5, 2013
    Another season of the highly acclaimed “The Walking Dead” has come and gone. When it comes to the though provoking themes of the series, they’re mostly kept intact. As it still is about survival even though the threat isn’t the zombies anymore.

In all honesty this is the worst season yet. Don’t get me wrong the show is still as entertaining and heart pounding as ever, but it doesn’t
    reach the series highs. This season starts off quite promising, but every opportunity to make it interesting or engaging is thrown aside. For instance, the whole season builds up to one grand confrontation, but ultimately disappoints as it leaves more questions than answers.

The characters also become less likable. Characters we like or start to like are either killed off or pushed aside. Rick personally started off the season as unbearable, but luckily finds himself near the end. A lot of these characters are left with more questions than answers, such as the season villain The Governor. It’s just a mixed feeling for most of these characters.

Overall season 3 is quite disappointing, but not so much that it is terrible. The characters are “meh,” this time around, but Glen and Daryl get great opportunities to show some leadership. Carl is just a annoying brat and probably the worst character of the season. The Governor is a pretty good villain and Mishon is probably the most useful female character added to the cast. The action is on an all time high as there is more and grander scaled fights. However, the finale is quite disappointing. I give this season a very low 4/5, great action and starts off well, but some characters become unbearable and fails on occasion to deliver what it promises.

Even though this season was quite disappointing, it was still well crafted and did build some great tension. However, I am looking forward to Season 4, hopefully they don’t make the same mistakes as they did here.
  48. Apr 4, 2013
    The third season is less addictive than the first two seasons. Endless discussions, mental breakdowns and fearless hand-to-hand domination over the walking dead... these are not the strength of this series. Though the rationality is legitimately influenced by past experiences, the extent to which characters take any reason not to do what is logical and best in the particular situation makes watching it a bit frustrating every now and then. The conflict with the rivalrous town enables for a more politically oriented kind of survival, which is a welcome change for a few episodes. However, it takes up the entire season making the series revolve more around inter-human conflicts, rather than the struggle for life against the walkers which have been capable of overthrowing army outposts. If season 1 would have been like season 3 the series certainly would have been less successful. Expand
  49. Apr 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I can finally talk about the 3rd Season let me tell you there are spoilers. Andrea Dying at the end was the best thing TWD could do I could not stand her. I rate this season a 9 because theres tons of big info we moved from a farm and you got big fights with a real "bad guy" instead of fighting over land and walkers the whole show. I like they added mashone she was one of my favorite characters and she beat some ass ..im also glad meryl is dead 2 for 2 now to get rid of the govener Expand
  50. Apr 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Unlike seasons 1&2, season 3 is entirely about the interaction between humans and humans...the walkers remain gross and menacing, but the real battle for the people living in this post-apocalyptic world is how they'll survive each other. Due to some major character deaths, many potential story lines have been wasted/eliminated/avoided, the writers keep giving us quality television nonetheless. I'm hooked! You need to be watching this show. Expand
  51. Apr 2, 2013
    I'm so done with this show. It is absolute crap compared to the comic. What was supposed to be an epic finale fell with a whimper. This is all too typical of this show. The overall story shuffles aimlessly with laughable character motivation and a total lack of development. Whether this is die toA MC meddling or just bad writing doesn't master. The show is a joke add only the zombies are consistent with their goals. This show is another typical example of hillto Hollywood under resourcing something which should have been great. Expand
  52. Apr 1, 2013
    I'm a huge Walking Dead fan. I love the comics and the show. So much so that I had no problem with the slower pace season two of the show took. This season started off the strongest of the 3, but by it's close became the most flawed season yet. The first half of the season was fantastic, filled with brutal and emotional moments and they somehow managed to ratchet up the intensity with each passing episode. There were some moments of poor writing, like how they made Rick look more evil than the Governor and that whole unnecessary missing Carol thing, but they hardly detracted from the show at all. It was awesome and made the first half of season 3 a true treat. But then came the second half of season and The Walking Dead's 3rd season took a noticeable decrease in quality. They still managed to make the show enjoyable and finally made the Governor a truly evil villain who you want to see torn apart limb from limb. They even made Rick stop being a.... jerk. But there were so many moments that the writing was so bad it not only made you question the characters intelligence, but also the writers. Some episodes just felt dull and that they were only there to make the limit of episodes required for this season. The writers made the character's constantly to things that were contrary to their personalities just to push on plot line further ahead. Now let's talk about the season finale. Let's put it this way it wasn't a "finale" at all and makes the whole season feel unfinished. When it comes down to it The Walking Dead's 3rd season was still great, but too often did it stumble. It made me hate characters I Ioved, shake my head in disbelief at the just poorly thought out feeling of its second half (which included worst and least romantic proposal ever), and concluded in the worst possible way. There was enough here to still keep me as a fan and as always I can't wait for the next season, but I can't help but worry that it might fall into the same traps this season fell into. Expand
  53. Apr 1, 2013
    Make no doubt about it, this show is propelled by the frightening, hopeless, gory world of the zombie threat, yet what drives us to come back to the Walking Dead-week after week-season after season-is the humanity that struggles to stay alive in the wonderful "live" characters we grow to admire and root for. The production values are so high-the characters and their relationships are superbly acted--the writing of each scenario is done with a master craftsman's touch-- that you are compelled to feel deeply for Rick and his group. And when a character dies like Andrea or Merle, you mourn for their loss--because of their humanity notwithstanding the zombie chaos. Kudos to all who are involved in this series because you have elevated a simple horror theme to a compelling drama we can't get enough of. Expand
  54. Apr 1, 2013
    What started off as an excellent undead survival series quickly went downhill as it essentially became a war between humans and less of an actually survival story. While part 1 of Series 3 kinda went down the right path, it made a left turn in part 2 and became everything that The Walking Dead is not. A slow paced, dragged out series with nothing that would draw viewers attention as a whole. Eight episodes separated the initial conflict with the final conflict only to be highly disappointing. The series could have cut out episodes 10 16 and nothing would be missed. Instead it was dragged out with boring fillers, unnecessary build ups and again, almost nothing to do with zombie outbreak survival. Series 1 was great, Series 2 was great, Series 3 part 1 was good but part 2 was just an outright disappointment. And what is with Rick playing happy families at the END OF THE FINALE. The closing 3 minutes contradicts everything that Rick stood for in his role over the group. Expand
  55. Apr 1, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. While season three hasn't fallen off my to watch list, it has left me with much more of a bad taste than previous episodes. The culprit of this bad taste? The Governor. Not to be overly critical as I appreciate the writers taking what could be a stagnant zombie show and injecting some rotten to the core human antagonists. However the Governors slow decent into this psychotic murderous person felt forced and played a little loose. In fact the one thing that seemed to be a legitimate catalyst for his journey into the psychotic felt trivial at best (his zombie daughters "murder"). The season earned a solid 7, with hopes for a fresh season that hopefully remembers that not only are our survivors fighting against walkers and people, but the environment and scarcity as well. Expand
  56. Mar 31, 2013
    Interesting, original season, that shows us the conflicts between two human groups The Goodguys, and the Badguys. In this season, there are two types of episodes The boring type, and the interesting, epic, tension-filled episode that gets your hopes up, but then just goes boring again.
  57. Mar 26, 2013
    um pouco frustrante com relação as outras temporadas, porem continua a manter o índice de boa serie, cativante e com muito sangue, acho que pode se melhorar sem fugir muito do roteiro!
  58. Mar 26, 2013
    Simply the best show on television. The perfect blend of character development, a great story, and plenty of zombie killing (if you're into that like I am). If you're expecting just a mindless show with plenty of pointless killing this is not it, you have to love it and trust me you will.
  59. Mar 24, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Season one is great. Season two and three turns the show in to a mostly boring soap opera mostly restricted to a few sets that for some reason are immune to the hordes of zombies we're told to expect in the first season. Shallowly drawn characters who act in completely contradictory ways provide the viewer no characters with which they can sympathize, as they repeatedly discuss their prior and future actions over and over again ad nauseam. The tension of being on the run that was established in season one is nowhere to be seen, as zombie attacks are easily fended off in the same way over and over again. Characters act in ways that make little to no logical sense, such as wandering around in the open after one of their number is sniped by an opposing group. Michael Rooker is one of the only saving graces of the show in terms of acting, and is reappearance is a welcome one. Unfortunately, his scenes just highlight the lack of skills of most of the other actors. To me, it's a big disappointment after season one. As a huge fan of the b-movie, grind-house zombie apocalypse genre, I think the show misses it entirely in season two and three. Expand
  60. Mar 22, 2013
    Zombies!! Are you kidding!! At first I thought it was a comedy plot, after a while I realized that it was not, but could not see the drama, so I goggled it and found it was a Terror TV Series!!! Those zombies scare less than a golden retriever puppy!!!
  61. Mar 21, 2013
    People arguing all time. No action, poor acting, poor directing, 0 apocalyptic feeling. I watched it 3 seasons in hope it get better, the first season 3 episodes were going in the right direction, but now I'm tired. This show is just terrible, I don't get how people can rate it so high, boring poor acted telenovela where zombies are rather victims of characters stupidity and not a threat.
  62. Feb 26, 2013
    As a huge fan of the series, it pains me to say how much it falters. Season 3 barely just has me coming back to watch it, and I only watch it in hope to see an amazing episode. There are many dry moments throughout the season, and the action doesn't feel as good as it was in the first season. The Walking Dead needs to solve their problems because it's been going downhill since Season 2. This show is the most overrated show ever made as well because it focuses on zombies, which has become a huge trend in the world. If you want a perfect show to watch, watch Breaking Bad. And if you want another amazing series, watch Homeland. Expand
  63. Feb 24, 2013
    With such a weak second season, the third season has proved episode after episode that this is the biggest survival horror of the present and will be for years to come.
  64. Feb 23, 2013
    The story development around the characters growth is great. Its so not about the blood and guts-- its about how to adapt in a new world and different challenges.
  65. Feb 14, 2013
    i think walking dead paves the way for horror tv for the future. its survival horror, its over the top moral dilema's. it has you thinking constantly, if i were rick what would i do better or differently (yes, we would all kill the zombies thru the chain link fence) everything is bit over the top with some great b grade moments. i love, love, love zombie movies, and for a tv show this is about as good as any Expand
  66. Feb 11, 2013
    This show, The Walking Dead is a masterfully well done piece of entertainment. From the acting to it's special effects it is a very captivating tale of Rick Grimes and his fight for survival. It explores themes usually left untouched, such as the darker side of humanity. It raises the question of what you, the viewer would do in such a situation. Survival of the fittest and compassion, what makes us human, in a constant struggle. The zombies aren't the focus, the struggles within are what is explored. The zombies only serve as a catalyst to convey this question, and sometimes the answers are not only griping, but downright horrifying. What we've got here is one of the best shows on television. With Season 3 in mind, what remains is nothing short of the first two seasons with no foreseeable intention of slowing down. Expand
  67. Feb 8, 2013
    Best show ever.. its really that simple. When I heard about this show, I thought, EH another zombie genre and didn't give it a look. After season 2 ended, it took Netflix and a boring Saturday to get me to start watching the show. After episode 3 of season 1 I was completely hooked. Not so much for the gore, but the human aspect and interactions. The dialogue is amazing. The idea of survival is so diverse and is well thought out with each character. Even when problems arise among the groups, its easy to lose sight of the bigger issue. The way the characters deal and interact with this larger issue is really what brings me back week to week. Season 3 is amazing so far and I can not wait to see what happens on the second half of that season. If you have not seen the show, i highly recommend watching as it is not what you would expect this kind of show to be. Absolutely brilliant! Expand
  68. Feb 3, 2013
    The Walking Dead is in my opinion the best show on television. The show has great character development and fantastic story arcs that will keep you on the edge of you're seat and wanting to know what is next. Season 3 adds and builds upon this with the prison story arc and with fantastic new characters such a The Governor or Michonne which change the dynamics of the show immensely.

10/10-Flawless Victory
  69. Jan 26, 2013
    Love this show. Been watching it since episode 1, and even though season two was "meh" this season definitely makes up for it. This is great television.
  70. Jan 13, 2013
    The negatives are so wrong on so many levels. This show is what is saving nighttime television (Dexter would to if it wasn't on showtime), IMO.
    The cast, the story, the constant suspense, the gore/graphics, EVERYTHING adds up to perfection! I am not a big television watcher, and i'm actually not that big into horror movies or shows, but i ABSOLUTELY love what they do with this one! Very
    good and i recommend to everyone i see everyday! Expand
  71. Jan 7, 2013
    After completing the first half of season three, where we have a season break, I'm pleased to say that The Walking Dead continues to be the must-see TV series on cable. Few shows deliver with each episode the quality that TWD has. With it set to resume it's third season in mid-January of 2013, I can only wait anxiously to see where all these characters end up and how the whole series eventually concludes. Expand
  72. Dec 28, 2012
    It's better then the soap opera that it was in the second season but, there is still a lot of work to be done for this show to get back to the high level it was at in season one.
  73. Dec 26, 2012
    The show is missing background drops to explain things, have a better character development to enhance the experience, one of the odds things I get is I don't feel anything when a main character is killed off, I feel indifferent and mostly due to not knowing enough to feel the drama, it doesn't have to be Lost type of character development but considering the apocalypse it wouldn't hurt. I would recommend and definitely keep on watching the 2nd half of the season, come on February Expand
  74. Dec 25, 2012
    While this show may be about dead, it is very much alive. And with every new season it is only getting better. If someone can digest the gore, there won't be any regrets.
  75. Dec 16, 2012
    The third season seems to revolve around the conflict between two human groups with the zombies being something of a filler, rather than the zombies being a main focus, nevertheless its still one of the best TV shows around. I do love the fact that no main character (except may be Rick) is immune to death and you are left with a feeling that anyone can be next.
  76. Dec 14, 2012
    This show has slowly been drifting away from the formula that made it such a good series to begin with. The first season was awesome. It had a perfect blend of character development, gore, suspense and a really good feeling, one that you'd associate with a zombie apocalypse, Very grim with a hint of "I don't know what the F%#K happened" suspense you shared with Rick which kept me interested. Now, i hardly feel like i'm watching the same show. It really feels more and more like a soap opera. They took the spot light off the damn zombies! why?! Besides the occasional zombie encounter, it's filled with practically no tension. On top, they've made these zombies out to be more like obstacles rather than actual threats (walking the speed that a child crawls, goofy attacks with rare success). Give us some "28 days later" zombies please! And more of them!! Expand
  77. Dec 14, 2012
    This mid-season has already reached a whole new level with characters interactions, it has become smarter than ever, and definitely the most thrilling season of the series.Although it hasn't reached it's maximum potential this season shows more professionalism than many other series in television and still keeping fans entertained in a whole new level.
  78. Dec 14, 2012
    This has by far been my favorite season of the Walking Dead yet, with an amazing plot that has none of the slow patches that afflicted the second season. Every episode I've watched has been completely interesting, and the entire ride has been very enjoyable.
  79. Dec 11, 2012
    The best season so far. The season premiere is fantastic, but the episode 3x04 is definitely the best episode of the show, terrific, amazing acted and brilliant directed. The Walking Dead is fantastic.
  80. Dec 5, 2012
    At the mid-season point, I am thoroughly anticipating what comes next. I did not mind the slow-pacing of the 2nd season as much as some people did (though I completely understand their reasons), but I find that they managed to keep the story steamrolling with plot twists while not sacrificing any of the character building. The fourth episode was some of the best, most emotionally wrenching television I have ever watched. Expand
  81. Dec 4, 2012
    They really pulled it off this time. This entire season has indeed been, as promised by the show's makers, better than the first two seasons put together. The group has been living for months on the run and has clearly been taught by Rick to protect itself, and he's now the undisputed, trusted leader. No more straggling damsels are left. Everyone has some idea how to kill zombies and has indeed had to do so. And that's just the beginning setup for the season. I don't want to say too much, so I'll just say it this way--if you gave up on the show, un-give up on it. They redeemed characters whose actions used to make me constantly facepalm (Lori, Carl) and now when there's drama, you can understand why because the dramatic choice is also the sensible one. Most of the time, the deaths feel pretty necessary when they happen instead of feeling stupid and random (like certain deaths to walkers in mid-season 2 particularly.) And seriously, them making me feel for Lori as much as I did was a freaking miracle, as I was so sick of her and ready to stop seeing the character EVER again during nearly all of season 2.

TWD is finally, truly worth watching--every episode.
  82. Nov 30, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This season so far has been intense. i am so impressed with the writing and acting. Chandler Riggs' portrayal of a boy soldier has been epic. He's so dark and mature now. Andrew Lincoln has been and continues to be simply awesome. Norman Reedus i have no superlatives for! He's so cool! This show can only get better. 9/10 coz everyone hates mid season breaks haha Expand
  83. Nov 28, 2012
    The first season of this show turned me into a fan instantly, and I started reading the comic book. The comic book is amazing, with so much content for the writers of the show to use. They blew it big time with the second season, but they've redeemed themselves by hitting a home run with the third season. They're using a lot more material from the comic book this time around and doing it perfectly! People who are not familiar with the material are in for a treat. Expand
  84. Nov 25, 2012
    First season: Refreshing. Funny. Exciting. Thrilling. Second season: Good start. Boring. Boring. Good ending. Now that I saw 6 new episodes of the third season I have to say that the show got its lost strength back. The opening was superb and I love the new Michonne storyline, it is a great variety. Why do I only give it 8 out of 10? Because the zombie effects get worse every episode. Especially when Michonne starts cutting their heads off! But we can ignore the fact because the plot just gets better and better. Not as good as the first season but you just have to stick to the series because it is so fun to watch! The only thing I dislike about the upcoming events is that I can't make myself out how the whole series could end without killing all the characters! And that's not even really bad because it keeps us watching! Expand
  85. Nov 24, 2012
    I haven't seen most of the series' first two series, but I found The Walking Dead to be very interesting ever since the current season's premiere. I like the drama, action and horror so far. and Rick Grimms is one of the better protagonists I've seen in recent years. Two characters you should keep an eye for are The Governor, who is proving to be an effective antagonist with a bit of humanity, and Michonne, the katana-wielding wanderer who is previously one of the featured characters in the graphic novels the series is based on. I can't wait what transpires next. Expand
  86. Nov 24, 2012
    A disgusting emotional trip, the walking dead represents ; edgy, violent and classy TV.
    i applause the characters 's psychological background work..especially rick's .
  87. Nov 22, 2012
    The Walking Dead from the get-go has been about its story telling and drama, as Robert Kirkman said himself "i wanted the Walking Dead to be about how people survive and hug and cry and sh*t. Season 3 takes what makes the Walking Dead good and mixes it up a little. Season 3 contains massive twists and turns with new characters and locations. Defiantly one of the best shows on air.
  88. Nov 17, 2012
    If you've made the through the first two seasons of this show you should know what to expect by now and are used to the flaws. The Governor has finally arrived and every bit as crazy as i wanted him to be. makeup is amazing, and the artists should all be given beers. this show stretches what is decent on on non HBO channel and is worth a watch.
  89. Nov 12, 2012
    cada capitulo que acaba fica cada vez mais evidente que é uma das series mais interessantes que eu já tive o prazer de acompanhar! vale cada minuto. os personagens estão bem mais humanizados e fortes demonstrando a evolução de cada um diante do terror que virou a vida na terra! cada capitulo tem trazido cada vez mais o psicológico do grupo e de cada personagem em relação a nova vida que eles tem no momento e como alguns acontecimentos podem mexer com a cabeça de cada um sem mais delongas é uma das melhores series se não a melhor, só não dei 100 por que acho que só se da nota máxima quando a uma perfeição e não é o caso. Expand
  90. Nov 9, 2012
    After last season's lull as a result of the lack of action and over-abundance of character study, changes have been made and I love it. One of the best dramas on television.
  91. Nov 8, 2012
    Robert Kirkman's comic book literally come to life - no pun intended!! AMC's hit show just keeps getting batter and better, with terror that only comes from the Walkers but from the living as well!! Now with Season 3 is rolling along, we're finally introduced to the comics' best antagonist - The Governor!!! With a fast pace and smart dialogue, this series just may surpass the brilliance of the comic book series!! Expand
  92. Nov 7, 2012
    La pesadilla zombie sigue, despues de casi un año desde que se estreno la segunda temporada, con una trama que ya me engancho, despues del final en que son perseguidos por una horda, de encontrar que hay un refugio de gente donde esta el hermano de daryl, merle, y de tantas muertes sorpresivas, solo habiendo visto 4 episodios, espero mas cosas haci.
  93. Nov 7, 2012
    Season 1 and especially the first episode was amazing. One of the best pilots I've ever seen ever, and I think the only one I've ever watched twice it was that good. Season 2 dragged on and on and was boring for a long time, outside of episode #7 in season 2. Season 3's first two episodes felt like they dumbed down the show big time into a shooting fest with no thought or character reality. No one misses ever and everyone nails head shots including a 10-year old boy. I like how he is involved in the shooting but wish people would run out of ammo and start using other weapons and miss every now and again. Then episode 3 and 4 have happened, and WOW!. All I can say is wow oh wow. I cannot wait for the rest of the season and so glad I've stayed around. Episode 3 was just off the charts and 4 followed it right up. The director Guy Ferland seems to be involved every time the show just blows me away. Not sure if him or what but I want more and more now!! If you left because of stupid episodes 1/2 please come back and watch episode #3 and you will love this show again! Expand
  94. Nov 4, 2012
    Finally a series with great writers! The Walking Dead has great directors, actors and writing, I haven't seen a show that understood how to make the audience hang on every word, every breath, and always come out satisfied. If your not watching this our missing something special.
  95. Nov 3, 2012
    While most of the reason I'm sticking around with this show is to see the quality of the first season return, I can feel that the show has re-found its roots and is prepared to take its time to get to the climax. Both Season 1 and Season 2 of the Walking Dead allowed us to fall in love with these characters (or vice versa) and now the situations have become prominent, showing us how these well developed characters face the growing threats of living in the zombie apocalypse. The dialogue is sometimes bland and the decisions of the characters questionable, but over all you get drawn into the show and the lives of the characters, which is good enough for a television programme designed to give good entertainment. Expand
  96. Oct 31, 2012
    A great start to season 3 with the first 3 episodes. Season 2 was a bit stagnant with the whole season based on the farm but the new story lines and scenarios have really invigorated the series.
    Can't wait for episode 4.
  97. Oct 29, 2012
    For me, the first two episodes have kinda dragged on. Noting major has happened. It's very much like season two. They've found a new safe haven that's gonna be the back drop for this season. Stuff's gonna happen. People are going to argue, disagree with how the groups going, fall in love. die etc. the same old storyline that's been happening for ages. It's only when I've watched the third episode that the season has begun to pick up. Andrea and her new friend Michonne stumble across a tiny civilization where the people have been living like an outbreak never happened, lead by a man only known as "Governor". As well as a character thought long gone since the first season. Something sinister is afoot with the new town of Woodbury and the man only known as Governor. This has peaked my interest and Curiosity and I can tell that something major is gonna go down here. Expand
  98. Oct 28, 2012
    This show plays hide and seek with plausibility and verisimilitude, neither of those being particularly abetted by the acting, writing or even the directing. The acting is often just annoying. (Hey, Andrew Lincoln, gritting your teeth is not really acting, it's just gritting your teeth). I like the prison setting for this season and I like the fact that Lori admits she is a bad mother (wayyyy overdue, mind you). This show has occasionally pulled off some doozy twists I've enjoyed immensely but there is so much B-movie flat acting and clunky dialogue you have to endure to find those fleeting instances of excellence. I think they are missing Frank Darabont... or they are certainly losing something as this continues. I might give up if things don't pick up soon. (This is written after two episodes, folks.) Expand
  99. Oct 28, 2012
    The only show worth watching on TV is back. After the stunning season 2 Rick and the other survivors find themselves a prison that they could potentially live in however tensions with the surviving inmates and the threat of attack from the nearby town on Woodbury threaten their safety. Who will survive to see another day?

There's still a sense that The Walking Dead is shambling along too lackadaisically. Great pulp is propulsive, ruthless. But the show's embrace of "B"-movie values is a heartening sign.
  2. Reviewed by: Willa Paskin
    Oct 12, 2012
    The Walking Dead is extremely realistic about the decayed, vast, destroyed world, and dopily idealistic about its main character.
  3. Reviewed by: Mary McNamara
    Oct 12, 2012
    If early episodes are any indication, Season 3 will provide a glorious payoff for those EST-ian weeks down on the farm.