• Network: AMC
  • Series Premiere Date: Oct 31, 2010
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5
7.4

1. Oct 13, 2013
    The best show on TV. Scary, dramatic, disgusting, romantic...........perfect!!!!! Don't miss it!!!!! Season 4 is gonna be amazing!!!!! Can't wait for the next episode!!!
  2. Oct 14, 2013
    i'm still thinking this Series is totally overrated...it's always the same thing from the beggining: they get a new place,new people then fight with zombies,then someone from the group turns into zombie and finally die...and is always like that..OVERRATED show ever.
  3. Nov 13, 2013
    Listen! I hear a foghorn: BOOOOOORRRINGGG! The money-saving formula for this show is this: 80% drawn out, concocted dialogue with inconsistent characterization, and 20% zombies (give or take a few percentage points on premieres, sweeps or finales). Basically a soap opera with zombies, only the actors and effects are good.
  4. Oct 30, 2013
    Horrible season. The same setting, the same laziness that dragged on since the second half of season 3, no interesting concepts. It has deviated too far from the comics and has become a retarded half-brother of the superior comic books. Not worth watching anymore.
  5. Nov 19, 2013
    They did it. I didn't think it was possible, but they did it. They managed to make the show even than it already was. Horrible acting, boring plot, and a slap in the face to original source material gives this an instant 0/10. High production values are the only reason this crap is still on TV. Read the comics
  6. Oct 14, 2013
    Definitely the strongest series opening presented by The Walking Dead so far, probably down to the episode being written by Scott M. Gimple, who has arguably written the best episodes of the show ('Clear' and '18 Miles Out' being fantastic examples). I was surprised to find it with an 87 rating on Metacritic on Friday, but now I have seen the episode I am even more surprised that the rating has dipped to 77. Absolutely fantastic. Expand
  7. Oct 14, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. [Please Note: I am not a professional reviewer, my opinion does not dominate yours in any way. This is just my opinion and my review. Please also note that this may contain spoilers for anyone who has not seen episode 401 of TWD, you have been warned]

Getting sick of all the hate for the show. Yes there are better shows. But the season just started, and there are many new unanswered questions that are keeping me on the edge of my seat waiting for the answers. The first episode showed us some of the changes to the prison, introduced new characters. To many this can seem kind of slow, but it didn't bother me any. When Rick was talking to the creepy lady in the forrest I do admit that it wasn't the brightest part of the episode. But it showed us how some people are living this far into the ZA. When it got to the Big Spot scene, it really kept me on the edge. The scene involved walkers falling through the roof, a new character being stuck, and eventually the death of another different new character. Which surprisingly his death gave me a chill, maybe it was because we haven't seen a good walker death scene in awhile, or maybe it was the combination of the chaos and how fast they killed him. Either way I found it pretty good. Then the death of Patrick alone increased my anticipation for the next episode and the desire to find out whats going on.

This episode hit 16.1 million viewers, which I agree that quality always beats quanity. But the show is entertaining to alot of people. And if they can find joy in it, then why are people so harsh to bring it down? Its like no one has anything better to do than bash other TV shows. I know it is a review website, but "critics" need to give it an actual review instead of saying "the series is so overrated so Im gonna give it lowest score" Seriously? Just cause something is popular and overated doesn't make it terrible. There are plotholes, just like in every TV series and every Movie (some more than others). But if your gonna just watch the show to scan for plotholes instead of actually enjoy the show, then just don't watch it in fact don't watch any show because you will just ruin it for yourself.

To wrap up my statement, this is just my opinion. The best way to decide if you like the new season or not is by watching it yourself, not by reading a review. Thank you for the time to read this! Whether you agree with me or not, thats is ok with me! Take care, and have a wonderful day!
  8. Feb 16, 2014
    So far absolutely NOTHING has happened in the return of the current season.

They literally spent an entire episode just following a few of the characters (not even all of them) while they walk around all sad and depressed because they lost the prison etc etc and are all divided and presumed dead.

Seriously, this is a really really bad trend. Lately they have been sub dividing episode
    plots to draw out the season as much as possible, and now they are even dividing the characters into their own episodes, last time with Carl Rick and Michone and next time with the others.

Honestly, they need to pick up the pace and start making sense with the plot again because right now it's just turning into yet another episodic snooze fest.
  9. Oct 13, 2013
    Season 4 is off to a great start! Like any episode of TWD that can be considered great, there's a great balance between zombie action and characterization. The pacing was very good and I never felt like the episode was moving too slow or fast. You can tell season 4 has a bigger budget, given how improved the gore and overall effects look compared to past seasons. Seriously, how killer was that grocery story sequence? I was very satisfied overall with the premiere and I can't wait to see what's next! Expand
  10. Oct 14, 2013
    After leaving season 3 on a not so-high-note, The Walking Dead season 4 premiere was nothing spectacular but still managed to interest me to where the show is going from here. When a video game adaptation of a show/comic book is 10x better than the show then there is likely a problem.
  11. Oct 14, 2013
    This show continues to head downhill at an astonishing pace. This episode, like the season finale before it, was a complete waste of time. The directors and producers of this show have absolutely zero idea on how to deliver drama and suspense. Giving this episode a 1 is being overly generous.
  12. Oct 13, 2013
    The biggest problem with this show has been the inconsistent writing, lack of a clear direction, and head scratching character decisions & motivations (Andrea's arc/Laurie's arc /Glenn in well/etc). What this show gets right is the macabre Zombie wipes/kills. It's a shame that this is the second straight season in which the group starts in the same exact location (the prison). Story progression is a concern. It would be beneficial if the writers put the team on a goal of finding a solution to the epidemic instead of settling for the status quo. Expand
  13. Nov 2, 2013
    I think having read the comics ruined any hope for me of liking this series. TWD just isn't making a good adaption to film. I can see its appeal, and can also see why people like it if they haven't read the comics. When you compare the two though the TV series is left in the dust over how good the comics are.
  14. Nov 11, 2013
    This show has been a bit of a snoozefest this season, it was always a slower paced show but it definitely needs something different and exciting.

The story just continues with the same characters who continue to live in the prison and fight zombies. It's getting stale and the thrill of fighting the zombies isn't there anymore because they are always hanging around the prison, it was
    better when they were suddenly "surprised" by them.

Another thing which is disappointing is that they are so loyal to the characters now so they have added 30 new characters which we don't know much about but they are either getting killed or sick so when they kill them off I don't see why we would even care for a character we have been introduced to for 15 minutes.

I don't know what this show will pick up because I have just lost interest but will continue to be loyal in watching it, just because I have come this far in. There are so many better shows out there at this point so it's disappointing.

I hope the governor doesn't return and I was very disappointed they didn't kill him off because the character was really terrible and they should have a new villain, keeping him as a villain again seems like a cheap way to write the story.

Anyways, here's to crossing our fingers for more excitement in this show!
  15. Nov 12, 2013
    Loved the first three seasons, hate this one. It's a fricking snooze fest so far (ep5) it's like zombie hospital emulator. Some action please. Some plot development. Rick must nut up!
  16. Dec 1, 2013
    The first 3 seasons were incredible. The 4th season is bad. Terrible shame on the writers for ruining this series. I suggest skip watching season 4 and wait for 5. "Man i loved this show. So disapointing."
  17. Oct 15, 2013
    LOL, as user below me said "best show on TV." That's without a doubt. I didn't think they'd go beyond the first season at first but it's definitely turned out to be more promising than some of "best" shows like Dexter and Breaking Bad. More suspense and GORE. I like the GORE. A lot.
  18. Nov 1, 2013
    I have loved every minute of seasons 1 through 3. The fresh overall concept had me hooked from the minute Rick Grimes crawled into the tank in Season 1. Season 4's first 3 episodes have left me feeling kinda "...meh" in relation to the previous season's offerings.

Maybe I'm done with the prison, maybe I'm not ready to accept Rick being a passive follower, and maybe there are just too
    many characters to follow.

Yes, it's all of those, but they all pale in comparison to the biggest problem I see: the virus. A show as viscerally, violently entertaining as this CANNOT resort to a virus as its menacing threat. It is just too boring... Many people complained about the farm in season 2, and its slower paced storytelling, but this is lurching along so slowly that they'll need 10 episodes to move past with it....too long..
    I LOVE story lines that make you think, but the virus is about as played out a notion as there can be. It's been done to .....well, to death. I hope they move out, and on to wilder, scarier things. I've always thought that the things humans do to each other is far scarier than anything mother nature and/or a virus could do.
  19. Nov 11, 2013
    I don't understand all the positive reviews. I understand season 1 was awesome, and the pilot was one of the best pilots ever. Season 2 dragged but was watchable and seeing the kid come from the barn was amazing. Season 3, started off ok and then episodes 3 through 8 had me on the edge of my seat the whole time. Episode 9 through the end of season 3 got worse with each episode and more disappointed. The whole drama with Andrea dying was made out to be so huge, when I could have cared less. Also the gov killing his people was just dumb.

Now, I have stopped watching Walking Dead. This makes me sad as I loved this show. It is just horrible and unwatchable. Nothing happens at all and people sit around and talk about things no one cares about. I never thought this show would be boring but it is. The zombies are not scary at all because we know they cannot kill any main characters which is the exact opposite of how the show started.

Sad to lose one of the best shows on TV, but I'm moving on.
  20. Oct 14, 2013
    While the first 10 minutes or so had some atrocious dialogue and acting, it improved as it went on and made for a decent episode of a show with bi-polar quality.
  21. Nov 2, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This show has lost steam so far in season 4. The story has gotten slow and it feels like the writers are reaching for story lines. The initial draw is all but gone. How many times is Rick going to go crazy? The new characters they are trying to introduce are boring and don't really stand out in anyway. What is the end game? They have already veered so far away from the graphic novel and now it feels like it just drags on and on. Expand
  22. Dec 3, 2013
    If you've not seen the half season finale, I will not spoil it by stating who lives or dies, but my biggest complaint is the inability of some to hit the broadside of a barn with heavy artilery, so to speak. And the amazing bullet stopping ability of certain office furniture (the magic file cabinet, table,etc.). Other than that, a fine resolution for the first half.
  23. Nov 15, 2013
    This season of the walking dead isn't at all what I had expected. The episodes aren't at all entertaining this season. It's better to just drop the walking dead and stop watching this series the first seasons were good but now I just think it's a little too much for this show to keep going. This show has lost all it's potential. And nothing can save this show. My rating is 3/4. I'm starting to drop this show. Expand
  24. Nov 19, 2013
    Loved seasons 1-3, unexpected thrills and excitement well blended with likable characters. Each season the characters developed consistently and the Governor came on as a true sociopath...making him an ideal villan. Now with this new writer all we see are ridiculous character changes...Rick farming and this twisted deal with Carol, Daryl has lost his emotional charm, Michonne hasn't had any of her supreme bad-ass female warrior moments, Beth is someone all together different.....now the Govenor is getting soft? HUH!!!!!! No consistency with the plot from show to show, it has become a mess. Why is 14 year old Carl shooting at walkers and working while all the Woodbury people,{ except Tyrese and Sasha,} sit around and do not contribute...all they have done all season 4 is let everybody else pull their weight around. Now their sneezing all over poor old Hershal. Really? I stay away from my grandma when I am sick out of respect for her well being. Very unlikable Woodbury people. Poor Glen. PLEASE bring the last writer back to clean up the horibble mess this season has become! Expand
  25. Nov 21, 2013
    I was waiting for something more from season 4. I didn't really enjoyed season 3 and all that governor storyline and now he's back again this season. boring! I don't get why the ratings are so high neither, season 1 and 2 the best seasons so far: more suspense/mistery and less useless shooting around.
  26. Nov 23, 2013
    This show has slowly developed into one of the three or four best shows on TV these days, which is saying a lot in this new Golden Age. The writing has gotten smarter and wiser with each new episode, the acting has settled into mostly solid with smatterings of excellence, and the character development is top notch. None of the parts, though, really accounts for the sum, which is absolutely great. It is probably the Governor who puts this over the top here, an excellent character played to pitch perfection by David Morrissey. ...Hands up if you knew he was actually British. Expand
  27. Nov 26, 2013
    This show gets progressively worse every season. Season 4 is just a re-hash of season 3. "Oh no, its the Governor... again! This time he's got another group of survivors to assault the prison... again. Wow! Didn't see that coming!" Honestly, it is like having your death star blown up by a group of teenagers, so you decide to make the same mistake, but this time with a bigger death star (now they have a tank from Vietnam oooOOOOoooo with the same disastrous results). Season 4 is so bad, it is as if another writers' strike is in progress. Honestly, it is most likely just excessive meddling by AMC executives with the storyline, as we've seen with season 2. This show is ridiculously unrealistic yes, I know, ignoring the zombies it is clear that the show creators have no idea how guns actually work. For example, in Season 3, Glenn and Maggie somehow manage to miss a group of people assaulting the prison, who are lined up in an alley way, while in a guard tower. Add to the fact that bullets are stopped by plywood, filing cabinets and tables... right. This show is low budget, predictable, boring and frankly insulting to anyone with an iota of common sense. But hey the people giving this show high ratings speak for themselves. They are the ignorant masses who eat up this garbage like mindless zombies. Oh yeah, I also hate the split seasons a pathetic way to try and keep interesting going year round. Really just a giant finger from the AMC executives to their sycophantic fans. Expand
  28. Dec 11, 2013
    Terrible. Coming from a former big time Walking Dead fan, S4 has been terrible so far. Killing off characters that take up 2 episodes of the season is wasteful. For an action show, there was no action until the final episode. The flu and the Governor coming back to the season, should not take up half the season. The creators of The Walking Dead hold on to things too much. The episodes with the flu and the Governor, I walked out on them. Then when I came back for the final episode, nothing was different. The 1 point for you is for having somewhat of an interesting final episode. The only reason that The Walking Dead is still around is because of it being a trend that is bringing in new people that have no mind and taking away all the true fans from the start. Get your together. Expand
  29. Jan 20, 2014
    The Walking Dead first premiered on Halloween. The show is not that scary. At times, there is graphic language. Every episode has a twist at the end. It's a good show. It's not only horrific, but it has action and adventure. zombies!
  30. Mar 15, 2014
    Brothers and sisters, I feel your season 4 pain. In the midst of this this golden age of TV, its rare that a show with this kind of cache disappoints on nearly every level.

Fans have a right to feel insulted--its obvious that the show's producers feel we will watch no matter what, and they are just shooting for a massive volume of episodes. I'm thinking like endless Star Trek
    spinoffs, Stargate, 7 terrible X files seasons. Thats the territory ahead.

If that doesn't make you want to gouge your own eyes out with a crossbow bolt, then by all means, keep watching.
  31. Oct 13, 2013
    The Walking Dead has never been the best tv show, but it some truly spectacular episodes like Days gone by and Killer Within that show what the could be if it tried. I not am saying that the other episodes are really bad, in fact they are pretty good. The 1st episode of the 4th season while most people will hate on for not adding more to the plot, is more a glimpse at the daily lives of the groups, to know that when true conflict starts, why the hell they are so tense and what they consider to be their current "normal" lives.. The intro action scene, is one of the most absurd yet, but still keeps a foot in reality like most of the series. The favorites amongst the actors are still here and doing what they do best. Reedus is still the sexy bad ass that he always was, Yeun is still bringing a bit of soul and joy to the grim series, and Cohan is still hot. The show isn't high art and won't replace Breaking Bad, Rectify or Game of Thrones, but dammit it is still enjoyable Expand
  32. Oct 14, 2013
    Everything seems to be perfect in the prison, vegetation is growing (for the most part) and everyone is getting along. Though in the end, like all the past seasons, it just too good to be true. This episode is great in setting up what is to come this season but it felt like it was already done. Sometimes love story can be overdone and unnecessary. It is actually nice though to see Rick and Carl finally communicating. However, Carl still needs to put in place. Expand
  33. Oct 17, 2013
    OK. I get why other people think this show is overrated. Those people are actually those who watch the show thinking about what other people think about the show and not about what the show offers. As someone who has seen this series and all its seasons, the attachment that I linked with the characters and their minds overwhelms the idea that a lot of people watch this because its appeal to human emotions (fear, regret, rejection, redemption) is magnified. Expand
  34. Oct 21, 2013
    We are two episodes in and people are ripping it all apart. IT takes time to develop. It was stated by the creators that the show would be very character based this season. It's doing a great job so far. One of the best shows in TV history.
  35. Nov 3, 2013
    Amazing first few episodes. Rick and the gang are faced with all new threats. Now all we need is the Governor. So far many conflicts and character building. So far amazing and its getting better and better!!!!! TEAM DARYL!!!!!!!
  36. Nov 9, 2013
    The Walking dead is one of the greatest series i've ever seen, only Breaking Bad is on same level. Right from actors, story, drama and character development its just great! Many think that there isnt enough action but then people dont understand what the walking dead is about. This show is about people and thats happens to them in when the world goes under.
  37. Nov 24, 2013
    The Walking Dead is a great show and an even better graphic novel. The first and second seasons of the show are by far the best. The current (fourth) season of the show leaves me feeling like I am always being hung over a cliff waiting for the next big thing to happen, but it just never comes. I really hope that the show continues to progress through the story and doesn't flicker out in the fifth season, but judging by how the story is progressing now, that just may be the case. That being said: This is one of the best television series that I have ever watched and like I said earlier, an even better graphic novel (hint hint pick them up) Expand
  38. Nov 25, 2013
    The tension in this series never lets you down. The script is coherent, the performances are more than convincing and, in my opinion, the best of it all: the excellent work of make up. The fourth season is as good as the previous ones. Congratulations to all the people behind The Walking Dead
  39. Nov 26, 2013
    This show fails to captivate me in any way shape or form. The only reason why I gave it a 1 is because the special effects are really good but, it's low-grade melodrama and the writing is a bore inconsistent mess like it was written by a 12 year old in English class. Walking Dead gives the impression of a totally insincere, mass-market cash-grab made to capitalize on the zombie fad. THIS IS AMERICAN TELEVISION.. Why has it turned to such rubbish? Just to mention HOW ON EARTH does this show have a meta critic rating of 82? While other shows that have much more work and time put into them (mad men, boardwalk empire, sopranos) get a lower score!? People have lost sight of the good television, instead all the kids and adults want to see now is zombies eat at each other while some character your supposed to care about goes and drops dead. Expand
  40. Dec 12, 2013
    I wonder, who is being more realistic, the people giving this season a 10 or the middling scores? The early seasons rose above an otherwise absurd storyline, but now that we're down to the 3rd tier showrunner the only thing consistent is the gore.
  41. Dec 12, 2013
    The end of the first half of this season left me emotionally drained, and all the better for it. The season seemed oddly structured as it was progressing, but any show that can get me so engaged with fate of the characters gets my highest vote.
  42. Dec 17, 2013
    Season 4 is weak. We are back to second-part-of-season-1 level of weakness. Must be because they fired the show runner and replaced him with an inexperienced writer. The plot holes have never been so big, forget about logic and consistency. It basically feels like a cheap slasher, or a soap opera. Only the last episode was decent (no spoiler).
  43. Jan 27, 2014
    Damn good show. Always anxious for Sunday nite to arrive. Good cast. Never predictable - that's what I like. Hope it stays for awhile. I can't stand when a good show gets cancelled. Keep it coming!
  44. Feb 3, 2014
    The first season was brilliant.
    The second season was good.
    The third season had its moments, although few and far between.
    The fourth season is outright bad. If I remember correctly, the writing staff was pretty much replaced and to telling effect. The story arc is overblown and boring and just seems to ponder along. There isn't enough plot to fill up the 45 minute episodes. I'm just
    giving up on this series. Expand
  45. Feb 14, 2014
    This show is so over-hyped it's beyond belief. I'm not saying this to provide a flippant and controversial reactionary counter view to the legions of die hard Walking Dead fans - most who I get the impression feel this show is completely devoid of fair criticism - it's just poor in my humble opinion. The reason why I feel largely underwhelmed throughout the whole time whilst watching this series, comes down to a variety of different aspects, including the mediocre cast (No coincidence AMC cut the budget massively when they realized they would have a mass audience for the show, funding or no...hmm) who in my mind fail to offer a true depiction of the charismatic characters in the fantastic graphic-novel series by Robert Kirkman and Charlie Adlard.

It isn't all negatives though. There are certainly some shining lights in the series, such as Andrew Lincoln who portrays the lead 'Rick Grimes' in the show, who actually manages to do a decent job at playing a troubled family man with the weight of the world on his shoulders and Daryl the debutante in the TV series is also an interesting character. The rest of the cast however come across as empty-headed robots who seem incapable of doing anything by themselves without being given permission first. Occasionally one or two do pluck up the courage and kill the odd zombie or two but 99% of the time they end up dying in a humorously idiotic and preventable way as a result. This seems like folly on the writers behalf who will once in a while throw a spanner in the works and spoon feeding us this forced drama which almost never seems coherent staying in line with the overall narrative.

I could go on about how the The Guv'nor is about as scary as the Cookie Monster, how the writers of the show failed to accurately capture the drama of the group inside the prison (as it did in the comics) and how series 2 up until the last few episodes nothing of interest particularly happened. I've watched up to series 4 and it's failed to grip me once. Heed my advice and read the novels first or play the beautifully crafted Telltale game series which managed to offer a much more gripping and memorable story in a 5 hour interactive episodic game than this did in x10's that.
  46. Oct 22, 2013
    Two episodes in, I must say that I am genuinely impressed. The 3rd season was in my eyes a complete disappointment. The writing was awful, there was too much filler, and the show was quite simply put:Dull. Though I can't speak for the quality for the rest of the season, I must say that season 4 is off to a great start. The show feels darker,creepier and there's a lingering sense of dread and despair in the air. The zombies are a bigger threat now, as well as another factor that really switches everything up.There's a bigger emphasis placed on the characters, and the dialogue feels much more natural than it did before. Do I consider The Walking Dead to be a top tier drama like say Breaking Bad,Boardwalk Empire, or Mad Men? Absolutely not, and it will never be. But it's a good show with incredible production values, solid cast and moody,dreary visuals.I am not sure about it's future, but so far so good. Expand
  47. Nov 22, 2013
    AMC better get it's stuff straight now. They keep getting rid of all the talented writers and producers and this is what happens. Killing off characters we don't care about is not drama, it's a bad zombie movie. Glenn and Maggie are becoming less and less relevant to me and I just care about Rick and The Governor. Morrissey continues to portray one of television's most interesting villains in the last 15 years. But man, it's time to start getting "dramatic" with it. I want to the Gov get his revenge already. Expand
  48. Nov 27, 2013
    I'm very much liking the shift of focus away from the prison and on to "Brian" aka "The Governor." The storyline focusing on Rick not knowing whether he should be the leader is getting stale, but the Governor brings so much heat to the series.
  49. Feb 17, 2014
    The show has evolved from emotional and action packed to plodding and dull. Has anything of any consequence even happened since the mid-season finale? I think not. The last several episodes consisted of perhaps a page of dialogue in total, along with a lot of walking around and killing zombies in the woods. They are definitely padding it out here to fill the season. Hopefully it will pick up again in later episodes. Expand
  50. Feb 20, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Season 4 of the Walking Dead has been the most difficult season to get my head around so far; on first viewing of each episode there was a real sense that the safety of the prison meant that there was a lack of urgency and threat especially since the Governor was nowhere to be seen at first. As the epidemic story began it almost felt like a desperate attempt to introduce some sort of threat until the Governor returned for episode 6 where the story established in season 3 would finally come to ahead. After re-watching the season during the mid-season break, it surprised me that, with hindsight, actually there was a lot more to this season that met the eye. There was a lot more content there than I had originally seen, thematically it was coherent, relevant throughout and also a natural follow on from the previous seasons key theme. I also found myself being drawn to characters that I hadn't originally considered such as Bob, Tyreese and Michonne. The mid-season finale 'Too Far Gone' is truly the epic battle I was hoping for and the excellent David Morrissey and Scott Wilson get the exits they both deserve. On repeat, I've found that season 4 has gone higher up in my estimations and I've been impressed with both 'After' and 'Inmates' so far leaving me with hope that unlike season 3, season 4 won't lose momentum and just keep going. Expand
  51. Mar 31, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Oh, how have the mighty have fallen.

Okay, fans seem to be hugely dramatic about how their favourite show is a shell of its former self after Season 4. For me, the shift hasn't been nearly as dramatic as I implied above. Case to point: the original six episodes where almost universally considered great, and I definitely agree. The next Season pulled the intensity back a hell of a lot, and gave us little else besides character development that wasn't interesting 100% of the time. After a promising, start, Season 3 fell apart after its mid-Season.

Sound familiar? It should, sense this Season follows an awfully similar structure found in the last two Seasons. The result is a Season that is far from bad, but can simultaneously be passed off as barely good. This was an uneven outing, to say the least.

If you haven't bought into any of the characters by now, my god would this Season have been boring for you. After the mid Season finale, there's a whole lot of characters doing nothing. Even as someone who bought into the characters previously, I was surprised that the plodding pace caused me to even lose interest in the fan-favourite Glenn and Maggie pairing. This really proves that pacing can be a lot, and never since Season 2 has the show stumbled so spectacularly in this department.

And I mean yeah, the outbreak at the prison was initially interesting but look at it now. The best character driven plot DID come from this (Carol and Tyreese) but what was the point of all those other episodes? Really, it just seemed to happen to give Hershel one last good deed under his belt. Aren't there better ways to illustrate this rather than taking a huge stride only to back up again? For a show whose themes are all about the grim fact that we can't walk away from our previous actions, the writers sure seem to be lacking a sense of consequence.

If it weren't for three key episodes, this Season could be written off as even less of an achievement. When I say I show like The Wire rewards your patience, it's a compliment, given how complex and satisfying it is. The Walking Dead, meanwhile, often overestimates the power of their characters, and randomly throws in intense moments to put us on the edge of our seats. However, TWD has done this too many damn times for it to be effective any more. The main strength of the show is knowing that anyone could die at any time, yet it now feels superfluous when someone gets close to being bitten. It's never more frustrating to watch than it is in that zombie-Rick fake-out in "After". If you think that scene was heart-pounding, you haven't been watching either the show or TV in general for too long, or fail to analyse it with any sort of detail whatsoever. It's a cheap trick that happens in various degrees throughout the Season. The rest sometimes don't feel as vital as Rick, but it seems like The Walking Dead doesn't have the guts to show the main characters bite the dust.

After Hershel died in "Too Far Gone", the show felt like it took enough of a risk and oversold how sad the audience would be. Hershel was a nice dude but let's face it: did anybody riot over his death? But I have to give the show credit for raw violence of the scene. How many shows would dispatch one of their mainstays in such a brutal fashion? "Too Far Gone" also remains a highlight thanks to its balls-to-the-walls intensity that was sorely lacking after the huge event.

I also have to give credit to "The Grove" for being bold. It was a huge breath of fresh air, and it probably takes the cake for the best episode of the Season. I mean wow. Lizzie is crazy. And doesn't this give us major questions about the true nature of the walkers? Maybe they're more than mindless beings in human form. This episode also gave us progress on the Carol and Tyreese drama.

The final episode, "A", was an effective finale. It makes me hope for a big improvement in Season 5. "They're skrewing with the wrong people" reeks of cheese, but otherwise, the episode gave us closure on Rick's long journey. I'm not convinced we're done with him yet, but for the first time, he proves that he can be a leader and do what it takes to survive... even if that means biting out a dude's carotid artery.

Nevertheless, even my favourite episodes of the Season can be deconstructed critically (except "The Groove, in my opinion). Why did we wait until now for the governor's attack? Why have two pointless episodes building up to it? And how come such a depressing show opts to kill no one important in even the Season finale? The Walking Dead remains as one of those shows were every cent of production shows up on screen, but I'm not convinced the show will be able to survive on a long-term basis.

The writers want us to think if the characters can come back from what they've done in the past. Perhaps the better question is whether or not the writers can come back and save a show that seems destined for mediocrity.
  52. Apr 2, 2014
    At one point we see Rick teaching his son Carl about laying a trap for animals by funneling a path towards a hanging noose. It works as a parallel to how the group eventually end up at Terminus, where things get ugly quick.
    But blood was already drawn earlier, when Rick and Carl and Michonne were attacked by the group of marauders Darryl joined. Even though he vouches for them, he gets
    beaten by the hooligans and that's when Rick gets badass. Trapped in a bear-hug by the ringleader, Rick rips the guy's throat with his teeth, and also guts the guy who pinned down Carl. Michonne is quick to escape her attacker by bending his gun-drawn arm into his own neck and firing the pistol into his head.
    When everyone meets at Terminus (not through their own will though) we only get glimpses into what this fenced-in community can be. We get hints, though: a large grill features lots of meat, but no livestock can be found; a pile of human bones huddles in one corner; the group stumbles on a weird memorial room featuring names and presumably those people's favourite objects, with a wall painted with the words "Never trust, never again."
    Is Terminus a hub for cannibals trapping wayward strangers? Is it another Woodbury?
    The episode ends with Rick and the group (minus Beth) stuck in a storage container, imprisoned there by the Terminus leader Gareth. Rick's final words set in motion the character transformation we've seen in the past few episodes: “They’re screwing with the wrong people.”
    Remember when Rick shunned violence so he could plant veggies in the prison garden? Remember how he was weirded out seeing Carl wield a gun? That was season 3 Rick, Walking Dead fans. Now it's time for kick-ass-and-take-names Rick for season 5.
  53. Apr 17, 2014
    The Walking Dead Season 4 is the first season which does not have ANYTHING going for it, but a distant hope that maybe it might get better. The gore isn't as good as it was; it's way too CGI and frequent and just looks like a bad video game. They've either killed off all the good characters or effectively killed off my interest in them. This show is pretty much entirely filler, and it rewards patience with nothing. I have been watching this show for 4 season (I really enjoyed season 1) and have been waiting for 2 season for it to get better, but each time it's just wasted my time. This is garbage TV disguised as a good drama. My Walking Dead journey ends here. Expand
  54. May 1, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I have long loved zombie movies, and have been willing to suspend my disbelief about how they can live without air, without a heart, without food, etc. A drawn-out TV show makes it even harder to swallow as their ordeal has been going on for years apparently and there is no slowdown in the quantity or quality of zombies coming out of the woodwork at just the most cliche moment. This show has never been one of my favorites, but Season 4 is kinda unbelievably bad in my opinion. It really seems like they know that they can pass off any bad writing just as long as they bring on some zombie mayhem every 15 minutes or so. The ‘season final’ was especially lame and very disappointing to watch the idiotic premise unfold with such ludicrous staging. Over and over again bad guys can just sneak right within 1 foot of our heroes when they are out in open land. Of course the camera is always in close range when this happens, but how could our esteemed heroes allow this to happen? And a couple of episodes earlier, in one of the absolutely dumbest of the season, Maggie decides to sleep between a couple of dead people outside on the street that just happens to be right outside the warehouse that Sasha wants to hole up in? And just then Sasha causes a freakin huge window to fall down two stories and smash, waking up Maggie? WTF? Apparently Maggie ‘knew’ that Sasha would look for a warehouse like that one so she took a nap outside on the street between some dead people? Of course when Maggie awakes suddenly from the noise it also riles up hoards of zombies where just moments before there seemed to be none. I know TV has no high bar to jump, but even Bonanza was better than this. Expand
  55. May 3, 2014
    Plodding and dull, Season 4 marks the beginning of the end for the Walking Dead. To give an example, episode 11 contains a scene where Carl describing his dislike of soy based products. While better shows have been cancelled, I imagine another series will be commissioned. However, if it retains the lack of quality, it shan't be worth watching
  56. Jul 26, 2014
    4 season surviving, new people come and some of them killed,found new place , nothing changed at all from season one nothing new just killing zombie and bad people than what? this is example should looking for ( safe place for ever or looking for cure or anything like that and how this virus come and who makes this virus) what i see in the trailer for season 5 nothing changed but i hope make it better Expand
  57. Aug 11, 2014
    Well that was bad. Its a character driven drama with bad characters. They're all underdeveloped and uninteresting. The actors are undeniably good, but that's about it. The dialogue is bad, the pacing is worse (things can happen in an episode that's not a season or midseason finale)
    This show has had its moments but for the most part, its mediocre.
  58. Oct 16, 2013
    As a huge fan of the zombie genre and the Walking Dead in general, I must say Season 4 feels a lot like Seasons 1 & 2 in a good way. While still holding ground at the prison, it's great to see how the survivors built their own little town within the prison walls. A lot of and guts are about to hit the fan, and I can't wait to get immersed in this glorious undead goop.
  59. Oct 18, 2013
    9 on a 10 MINIMUM. "QUALITY" is my descriptive word. Nice soundtrack, effect, storyline, actors... don't miss it. Zombie or non zombie fan can enjoy it. Even girlfriend who hate horror and bloody stuff..
  60. Oct 19, 2013
    A little bit of a slower start than I was expecting, but the walking dead continues to impress and show that it will be here to stay for awhile.
  61. Oct 20, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. EPISODE 1: 30 DAYS WITHOUT AN ACCIDENT:

My, my, what can I say about Episode 1 of Season 4; it was really good. I know that some people actually couldn't care less about the show now, but from seeing this as a fan all the way from Season 1's start I gotta say I was really impressed. The episode not only shows us how far the characters have come since the ending of Season 3, but also shows how they are more affected by what happens around them and that's really the beauty of The Walking Dead; you never know what's coming.

So what about the story? Well we see that Rick has developed since we last saw him and the group has grown into a huge community now; reminiscent of Woodbury from last season. Carl is actually less and much more likable than the previous season where I absolutely detested him and his personality. All the other characters have their own new attributes too, for example, Tyrese has a love interest....and so does Beth.....and Glenn and Maggie are trying to have a baby....Okay, since when did this become "The Romantic Dead"? I mean I have no problem wanting to expand but....you know what, I don't even care.

The story also provides loads of emotional tie ins too, for example, there is a scene where Rick and this girl he finds have a really heartfelt conversation just as she is about to die. What I really like about this scene is the way that you can clearly tell that the woman is not mentally stable and a little bit timid and that the apocalypse has clearly taken its toll on her. This shows off the true power of the world that these characters live in and you really start to feel for them more than you have before. However, the story does go a little slow over time in this episode and I felt that there was too much foreshadowing in this episode that made it too predictable at times, but does promise more tales as the season goes on.

The action is still prominent and gory than ever just the way we like it every season, providing much more blood fests to satisfy us. However, I felt that in one scene where some members of the crew are in a store the zombies falling from the rooftop and busting into the store were actually quite and I laughed a couple of times, but that's only my opinion. But I digress, the gore and the action is always spot on for a TV series of this caliber, it's gritty, it's dark, it's scary, it's romantic, it's emotional, it's Season 4 of THE WALKING DEAD!

Pros:
    -Action and suspense
    -Emotional parts that make you feel for the characters
    -The gore...just the gore

Cons:
    -Weird segmants of Loooove
    -Story is a bit too slow at times
    -Too much foreshadowing

VERDICT
  62. Nov 4, 2013
    It's only been 4 episodes but so far "The Walking Dead" is off to a great 4th season. After the disaster that was the second half of season 3, it's nice to see that the show is back to focusing on the zombies. Dumb writing still plagues this season and characters still act moronic, but it's still a highly enjoyable show. Action is gorier than ever and the new sickness sweeping through the prison, as well as other places, brings several big questions to the table that the show can tease us with. So The Walking Dead is still worth watching. I do have my complaints with it, like the idiotic writing and the shows apparent fear of adding any new characters that didn't com from the comics, but I'm really enjoying it. I'll update my review at a later time if I feel the show has either increased or decreased in quality. Expand
  63. Nov 5, 2013
    The first 4 episodes so far are very emotional and more gruesome and just very intense. I am now glued to these characters even more. Can't wait for these next 12 episodes to wrap up so i can give my full review of the season.
  64. Nov 6, 2013
    All I can say is I cannot wait until they get to the half point and leave it on a cliff hanger so I can be excited to watch the next episodes in the spring
  65. Nov 17, 2013
    The first half of this season has been very good. The flu outbreak story-arc is smart considering everyone has been so focused on the threats that walkers impose on the survivors but apparently had forgotten how humans are very vulnerable to many other things. I love the development of Carl character this season, though I'd love it to see more of Glenn & Maggie relationship being explored. It has so much potentials. Expand
  66. Mar 20, 2014
    The Walking Dead. A television show that is now completely synonymous with it's title in every way. The plot shambles along very slowly like a rotting walker, stinking, meandering, and occasionally walking into a tree and getting tangled in the branches. The dialog is equivalent to a walker's pathetic and desperate moans as it shambles along slowly following the loudest noise or shiniest object. The characters are very unintelligent and behave erratically against reason, looking at each other with their mouths hanging open while moaning gibberish, then shamble off in a pack much like a herd of walkers. The show spreads a disease to it fans much like a walker's bite, walking to their PVR every Sunday moaning "NORMAN REEEEEEEEEEDUS" then stare at the TV while more of their brain rots away. They also never get to see Mr. Reedus due to AMC's obvious and pathetic cost cutting measures to pay only 2 or 3 lead actors per episode.

Please someone bring an axe and put this Walking Dead out of it's misery.
  67. Nov 18, 2013
    Walking Dead Season 4 refreshes the series with a new threat, more zombies, and this year every character gets their own story. The change of pace is one that may bother some fans but once everyone is settled its an amazing experience.
  68. Nov 19, 2013
    Moments of season 3 made me question whether this show still had the hook that sucked me in during its first two seasons. Fortunately, season 4 of The Walking Dead serves as evidence that this show has still got it.
  69. Nov 21, 2013
    Scott Zimple has made TWD more gory and horrifying. Which makes it better but I prefer Darabont better. TWD is back with its goriest season yet! Rick Grimes is shooting more walkers and Shane is hitting on Lori. Better bros! Zimple was okay at direction, and the cast gave good acting but there is not a strong plot fixed and it gets boring easily. But TWD is still awesome, so is season 4.
  70. Nov 24, 2013
    Compelling suspenseful and a good amount of character development make for a solid show with interesting characters and try's to stay true to its source matierial at the same tim
  71. Nov 27, 2013
    merci beaucoup metacritic c'est grace vous que j'ai connu cette super série et encore grace vous si je la suis depuis 4 saisons vous faites du super boulot
  72. Nov 30, 2013
    Season 4 they really picked up the speed and more zombies and nice little steady plot holding everything together.Season 4 gives viewers none stop unpredictable action and give you a nightmares that you stuck in zombie apocalyptic era.
  73. Nov 30, 2013
    This season starts SLOW. Probably the slowest start of any season. However, after the introductory subplot that takes place over the first half dozen or so episodes, the story really picks up a lot. I admit the first episodes don't engage like previous seasons, the story is so much better now. If you're struggling through the beginning of the season, stick with it, it is worth it.

Great
    show though, the writing and acting is spot on. In order for a survival show to work, you have to care about the survivors. Walking Dead Season 4 continues what the previous seasons expertly accomplished by making you care about and love the characters. When people die (and they do), you feel something. Collapse
  74. Dec 4, 2013
    Cómo la web me pide un mínimo de 150 caracteres, y necesito hacer el review para poder tenerla archivada en mi perfil, pues suelto este rollo o o y mi votación es de 7. Un saludo.
  75. Dec 18, 2013
    A return to form, harking back the excellent character driven storytelling of season one. I particularly like how the new show runner is exploring the different perspectives and journeys of key characters, it makes the plot more three dimensional, rather than a basic good vs. bad tale. Really enjoyed this season.
  76. Dec 30, 2013
    Essa nova temporada começou regular e foi evoluindo com os episódios seguintes, e mais personagens entra na trama e vemos a perda de um bom personagens que vai deixar saudades.
  77. Apr 13, 2014
    The season starts with glimpses of life that has returned to the ordinary. Crops being grown, people socializing, councils being made. The sense of security that the prison has provided has helped flourish a kind of civilization, but also made them somewhat complacent. The fact that everyone comes back a walker no matter how they died has serious consequences for the group. This is not helped by the surge of a killer flu through the prison population.

The Governor returns but this time we are shown the more humane side of his albeit with surprisingly more violence and cruelty. Another group of survivors is introduced. Needless to say, we get to witness the Second Battle of Prison with more surprises and deaths. The mid season finale was by far my favourite episode of the entire show.

The characters splinter into couples and threesomes. A few of them die. Some of them unite to form bigger groups, some find new characters, others are left alone by themselves. I'm pleased that the characters didn't conveniently find each other by a miracle. Instead of being pitted against a main antagonist, an opportunity to develop and incorporate some of the sinister events was availed. We get to see Daryl and Michonne develop as bits of their pasts are revealed, making them more wholesome and interesting characters. Rick Grimes shows his savage side again when forced into a corner. I believe we've reached a point where the most dangerous and ruthless characters on the show are none other than the main characters themselves.
  78. Feb 17, 2014
    This show has lost its mojo. I loved the first season so much, I started reading the comic book. Now I'm a huge fan of the comic book... meanwhile I watch the TV show flounder. They have a ton of good content to work with, but they fail to translate it on screen. I blame a lot of it on the writers and directors. The actors are good enough, with the except of the kid that plays Carl. They need to figure out an end game, which is difficult because I don't see one for the written material yet. I think I speak for all fellow fans of the comic book when I say, "Where's Negan?!" Expand
  79. Mar 1, 2014
    This show, I'll tell you, when it's takes off fast in good direction it's awesome, but then it usually comes crashing down to Earth like a North Korean missile test. This second half of season 4 starts out slow and dull and focuses on two characters that put me to sleep everytime they're on the screen. Carl and Hershel's other daughter who isn't Maggie are boring people to follow. Carl makes so many mistakes and has so many close calls you can make a drinking game out of it. Hershel's other daughter who isn't Maggie was always dull and I thought they would've killed her off at the end of the first half of season 4, but oh no they've kept her on. The best thing you could say about this season so far is that they left that damn prison. Everybody is sad and mopey and it puts a depressing spin on the whole show. They really need to pick it up it terms of story and characters. And lastly STOP showing so much on the "Next time on the Walking Dead" pieces. It's starting to become like anime were you know where the next episode is going before you even watch it. Expand
  80. Mar 2, 2014
    It's the #1 show on TV for a reason. The Walking Dead continues to be my favorite show of all of TV. Amazing acting, great story telling, and edge of your seat action. The Walking Dead is the best show on TV PERIOD!!
  81. Mar 10, 2014
    I I could I would write 2 separate reviews. One for the first half of the season, a half I would give a solid 7/10. The second half thus far have been dull, boring and cheap... I would give it a weak 3/10. Up until the war scenes in the mid season final the show progressed rally good. You see "Brian" a.k.a the governor do a come back and with a little time fins his inner dictator. Rick is struggling with everything. Carl is becoming a man. The young farm girl is still totally uninteresting but has at least been starting to get portrayed as a young woman with hot legs. And so on.
    After the mid season brake we get episodes with sometimes only 2 characters. I used to do subtitles for this series and decided to do so when the series returned. Usually a 4-8 hour gig. It took me less than one hour. Meek, bleak, not at all sleek. This has continued and my guess is we will get a total cliffhanger at the end. No matter hoe they try, they will not be able to salvage this half of the season. Show the god damn sanctuary and be done with it. Giving dull side characters entire episodes to save money is so retarded. This is a reoccurring theme of this show. AMC you cheap bastards, stop this nonsense.
  82. Mar 11, 2014
    Awful show, the history is very slow and boring, bad acting with terrible dialogues, every season is worst than the one before. The comic is very good, i recommend you read the comic instead of watching the tv show .
  83. Mar 14, 2014
    What happened. Honestly what happened, when this season started this show just went to **** From season 2 the show never really lived up to the comics but even episodes season 2 and some of season 3 were still good but now all the writing and characters are crap except for Andrew Lincoln which really is a major point to watch the show in the first place. I think this might get cancelled sadly but you know you should have kept Frank Darbont on the production. Without him this wouldn't have even have gotten made. Expand
  84. Mar 16, 2014
    I've been enjoying TWD this season. The new showrunner has isolated the successful elements of the show: unconventional pairings of cast members, long doses of suspense interspersed with dynamic action, and aesthetically pleasing cinematography and locations. Without fail, every episode has been tense and high-energy (even the more intimate character studies), and there have been some really excellent showcases of technical film-making.

The Governor's return is probably the lamest element, but even he has improved from his waffling nonsensical origins to at least become a credible villain. The season's second half splits the party, with small-scale stories for each apparently random grouping of survivors. It provides an opportunity to get to know the characters, and the cast have shined. The nonsensical choices they always seems to be making have been reigned in a little bit, and most of the really irritating characters are dead by now. Yes, there are multiple significant characters killed off this season, but their deaths are done dramatically well.

A few new cast have been introduced, presumably prefacing the upcoming spinoff series, but not much has happened with them. Only a few episodes remain at this point, but this season is well worth watching, and with the same showrunner being retained for next season (an achievement given the show's tumultuous leadership situation), there is every reason to keep following it or to get on board.
  85. Mar 17, 2014
    This is obvious just my opinion based on the fact that i do like the series... Being a Romero Living Dead fan, this is the best Show ongoing now! The best post apocalyptic scenario, the best drama!
    For those that do read the comic book since 2008 like me, know that Robert Kirkman makes us get attached to a characters and then kills it... In the TV series, some of them don't die or live
    the some way.
    The medium is different, so the series as a more vivid twist and putts a smile on those that by reading the comic think that they know how it will happen.
    The point is, its completely different and completely the same... And that is good!

This is a series that looks like a movie in production. The acting isn't always brilliant, but is compelling and believable. Some low points are acceptable considering that is a ongoing series that sometimes as to fill the "meanwhiles" of the stories that matter!

Its a complete entertaining show of emotions, that delivers what was started in the George Romero 1967 movie. The irony and sarcasm of the human relations of those living in a phobic community of some apocalyptic scenario!

The secret of the series is the dramatization of the behavior of people in groups, with the effects of social relations and motivations interacting with and against their individual needs...
    As long the show stays true to that... I will always love it, and rated 10!
  86. Mar 17, 2014
    I'm still getting use to season 4 . season 3 was has drama in to much i still could not stand it but this years walking dead is good . but i hope there's no drama in this season
    Grade for season 3 F
    Grade for season 4 B-
  87. Mar 18, 2014
    It's very difficult to write a review for a TV show's season that is very close to it's end, 2 episodes away in this case, especially when the season has not offered too much.

The first half of the season was quite uplifting but proved to be extremely boring until the very last episode of the first half with the Governor. The boring first half was easily worth all of the build-up to
    that episode so I can't complain all that much, but the second half has been really different.

For the first time in the show since it's inception, the characters are not together. And that's not my complaint because it's very important to the story, but the way that they go about this separation in the show itself, the style if you will, is not something I like. Each episode is centered on a small group making their way to a hopeful salvation, but I would much rather see bits of each groups struggles rather than watch 45 minutes worth of stale character development with maybe 5 minutes of actual action. I just feel that this half of the season is very drawn out, when there is a lot of fat that could be cut off the episodes to make way for different kinds of character developments.

I can't complain much because I understand that this is a build-up to something big because I know that The Walking Dead could never disappoint its huge fan base, and I'm sure it would turn my score into a 10/10, but for now it feels very dry and stale.

I will say though that the episode on March 16th is what saves this score from being any worse. I don't want to give anything away but that gut-wrenching episode was the best episode in this half of the season so far. For now I give this season an 8/10 and hopefully the rest of the season won't disappoint us.
  88. Mar 26, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I just finished the Season 4 up to episode 15 and i am shocked how bad it has become. There is no logic at all in most of the episodes and character decisions, it is an outrage. Glenn and Maggie are becoming a pain in the ass, there is a scene with Glenn waking up on a Truck, already driving for 3 hours, then he starts screaming to stop because he wants to go back looking for Maggie.

The crap is that all about, you wanna walk back half a day through a zombie infested territory all by yourself? Same nonsense with the dark tunnel...

Maggie complaining all the time that they have to find Glenn and finally starts the search alone. After the other 2 find out she left them, they search for her until they split, because one of them is tired of wandering around. She then settles up in a building, watches out the window and guess what? Maggie laying between Zombies taking a nap. Oh Lord...

Daryl joined the order of the silent monks or something in between the prison escape and being lost in the woods. Maybe he busted his nuts on a tree while running and needed some episodes to recover.

The Kids are complaining and **** the whole time Carl and Lizzy drove me nearly insane. Acting is very bad in some Episodes too, especially noticeable since they focus on a few characters each Episode.

The only episode i enjoyed to a certain extend was the one with the focus on the Gov after they left him alone and he was wandering around finding new people. But his last battle against Rick... nobody ever wondered how they can fight for 10min between Walkers and all the other people without getting harassed? Maybe they had some sort of shield around them blocking Walkers and bullets.

Oh man... not sure if i can watch Season 5, this was on the edge of causing bodily harm.

Final Verdict:

YOU DONE **** IT UP!!!!
  89. Mar 30, 2014
    The first half of the season was fine. The governor odyssey created some back story before the final fight. The second half of this season was awful. The group is all over the place, the focus seemed too intent on character development and less on moving the plot. The problem is we want plot movements and this season was full of everything but that. It appears that Season 5 has some promise, but like "Heroes" before it, Walking Dead shouldn't try to change the model that got them here. Here's hoping TWD gets back to its roots. Expand
  90. Mar 30, 2014
    I thought this was better than season 3 but the plot still didn't move much and there were more questions than answers in the finale, cliff hangers are expected to some degree but there is a limit. It just doesn't feel like the people who are behind the show know where they are going to take it and with ratings increasing year after year i think they are just trying to ride that as long as possible with no focus or concern on how they end it. I hope i'm wrong. Expand
  91. Mar 30, 2014
    The storytelling was slower than it was last season, but in this case it's not a bad thing at all. The show is as intense as it has been since season one. This season wasn't perfect, but it did manage to stay interesting for 16 episodes. The acting was great as always and the writing has improved from last season. There were interesting new characters, as well as moments that kept you on the edge of your seat. From beginning to end there was solid dialogue, great acting, cool zombie moments, complex moral situations, and nice little breather moments thrown in. Overall, it wasn't perfect, but it was still pretty good. Expand
  92. Apr 15, 2014
    Al igual que la anterior temporada, tuvo una primera parte buena, pero en los capitulos donde se centra en el gobernador fueron muy mal desarrollados, sin embargo hubo capitulos en la segunda parte que me gustaron, el desarrollo de los personajes, la trama de la gripe, el episodio 8 y el 14 fueron brillantes. Una temporada que me gusto por igual que la tercera pero sin llegar al climax de lo que fue la primera. Expand
  93. Apr 20, 2014
    One of the best TV shows ever. I absolutely love The Walking Dead, everything is perfect in it. The characters, the storyline,... all the actors work so well together, all the crew and the result is magnificent! I never felt like this about a show.. I get so involved and this last season was the best in my opinion. The 1st was also too good, the second and the third were too, because we're talking about TWD!! But the season four was too damn awesome! They explored things they never did before, the way they presented us that and they did surprise us! Mostly the Season 4B had a structure we've never seen before! I'm speechless, this series are the best! I hope we can have it for a lot of more seasons. Can't wait for october, so excited!! Expand
  94. May 27, 2014
    As a fan of the series, the first half was disappointing to say the least. It was slow, uninteresting, and actually made me fall asleep at times. So 1/10 for the first half. Now the second half: Amazing!!! After 3.5 seasons we finally see some real character development. Then theres that kick a## finale. Don't let the first half discourage you: watch it.
  95. May 29, 2014
    They have got to make more progression in this show!! They have lost a lot of what made this show special. Each season has progressively gotten worst. They really need some help in the writing department to keep this boat afloat.
  96. Jun 2, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I don't know what to say really.
    Season 4 is such a mixed bag that I'm weighing whether to give up on the show or not.
    The best parts about this season have been the development of how brutal things have gotten, getting the build up to the season break with the Gov'ner(I know, but that's what I hear when anyone calls him that.) and the shocking end to that was great.
    As were the other characters slowly trying to find their way in the world after the break, but at times they just went too far. Seeing Michonne's development is a great thing and it's not a shock that she and Daryl are still fan favourites.
    But there were times when I truly thought that they'd gone too far. The Cannibals already feel like a tacked on idea that isn't needed. Having another character just up and disappear is another bad one.

I seriously don't know whether I'll be returning to the world of the walkers in season 5, because I don't think they'll take this anywhere that's good.
  97. Jun 2, 2014
    Another excellent season. Every episode is perfectly done with story, pacing and entertainment. You truly feel for every character and that makes the entire thing so relatable. In my opinion there really is nothing better than this on TV right now. Masterful stuff.
  98. Aug 27, 2014
    This season had so much promise and it delivered on most of them during the first half of season 4. It was action packed, violent, and the story was really good. The writing and directing were very well done, a new threat opposed them, and it was paced very well. I couldn't stand the two governor pov episodes. They were just okay and a complete waste of time. They built him as a good guy even though we all knew he was evil. It's a waste because he shows his evil in the mid season finale. That episode was one of the episode of the show. It had all the action we have expected from TWD and it has two major deaths. The second half of the season was a disappointment. The idea that all of the separated sounds good on paper, not in real life though. Most of the season was a bore fest and the action wasn't good enough. I wish all the characters were with one another. It did have some bright points like the little girls with Carol. The season finale was good and it put some faith back into the show. Most of them are held captive by cannibals who presented themselves as a safe haven. It had a good conclusion though and I can't wait for season 5. Expand
  99. Jun 24, 2014
    This season ruined The Walking Dead for me. They are still focusing on a character that is no longer interesting. Almost all of the 2nd half was filler. They could have all that travelling in one episode. If it weren't for the first half I would give it a 0. However the the 2nd half was so boring. The finale had no resolution at all and is completely unsatisfying.
  100. Jul 6, 2014
    Yet again another great season of The Walking Dead! The first half of the season was very suspenseful as many challenges hit the survivors. Unfortunately the 2nd half of the season wasn't too eventful until the last couple episodes. 8.5/10

1. Reviewed by: Emily Nussbaum
    Jan 3, 2014
    The Walking Dead might have been one of [the ambitious modern horror series], using a grotesque story to go deep, letting grief and repulsion rile and unsettle us. Instead, it stumbles forward, disguised as prestige TV but devoid of a soul.
  2. Reviewed by: Tim Goodman
    Oct 14, 2013
    If the first two episodes are any indication, not only is the series not missing a beat, it's actually growing into itself to allow new storytelling possibilitie
  3. Reviewed by: Mike Hale
    Oct 11, 2013
    The challenge with any extended zombie narrative is striking the right balance between gut-munching action and undergraduate philosophy seminar, and the first two episodes this season are pretty talky.