• Network: AMC
  • Series Premiere Date: Oct 31, 2010
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
7.1

1. Oct 13, 2013
    The best show on TV. Scary, dramatic, disgusting, romantic...........perfect!!!!! Don't miss it!!!!! Season 4 is gonna be amazing!!!!! Can't wait for the next episode!!!
  2. Feb 20, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Season 4 of the Walking Dead has been the most difficult season to get my head around so far; on first viewing of each episode there was a real sense that the safety of the prison meant that there was a lack of urgency and threat especially since the Governor was nowhere to be seen at first. As the epidemic story began it almost felt like a desperate attempt to introduce some sort of threat until the Governor returned for episode 6 where the story established in season 3 would finally come to ahead. After re-watching the season during the mid-season break, it surprised me that, with hindsight, actually there was a lot more to this season that met the eye. There was a lot more content there than I had originally seen, thematically it was coherent, relevant throughout and also a natural follow on from the previous seasons key theme. I also found myself being drawn to characters that I hadn't originally considered such as Bob, Tyreese and Michonne. The mid-season finale 'Too Far Gone' is truly the epic battle I was hoping for and the excellent David Morrissey and Scott Wilson get the exits they both deserve. On repeat, I've found that season 4 has gone higher up in my estimations and I've been impressed with both 'After' and 'Inmates' so far leaving me with hope that unlike season 3, season 4 won't lose momentum and just keep going. Expand
  3. Mar 17, 2014
    This is obvious just my opinion based on the fact that i do like the series... Being a Romero Living Dead fan, this is the best Show ongoing now! The best post apocalyptic scenario, the best drama!
    For those that do read the comic book since 2008 like me, know that Robert Kirkman makes us get attached to a characters and then kills it... In the TV series, some of them don't die or live the some way.
    The medium is different, so the series as a more vivid twist and putts a smile on those that by reading the comic think that they know how it will happen.
    The point is, its completely different and completely the same... And that is good!

This is a series that looks like a movie in production. The acting isn't always brilliant, but is compelling and believable. Some low points are acceptable considering that is a ongoing series that sometimes as to fill the "meanwhiles" of the stories that matter!

Its a complete entertaining show of emotions, that delivers what was started in the George Romero 1967 movie. The irony and sarcasm of the human relations of those living in a phobic community of some apocalyptic scenario!

The secret of the series is the dramatization of the behavior of people in groups, with the effects of social relations and motivations interacting with and against their individual needs...
    As long the show stays true to that... I will always love it, and rated 10!
  4. Dec 4, 2013
    Cómo la web me pide un mínimo de 150 caracteres, y necesito hacer el review para poder tenerla archivada en mi perfil, pues suelto este rollo o o y mi votación es de 7. Un saludo.
  5. Oct 14, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. [Please Note: I am not a professional reviewer, my opinion does not dominate yours in any way. This is just my opinion and my review. Please also note that this may contain spoilers for anyone who has not seen episode 401 of TWD, you have been warned]

Getting sick of all the hate for the show. Yes there are better shows. But the season just started, and there are many new unanswered questions that are keeping me on the edge of my seat waiting for the answers. The first episode showed us some of the changes to the prison, introduced new characters. To many this can seem kind of slow, but it didn't bother me any. When Rick was talking to the creepy lady in the forrest I do admit that it wasn't the brightest part of the episode. But it showed us how some people are living this far into the ZA. When it got to the Big Spot scene, it really kept me on the edge. The scene involved walkers falling through the roof, a new character being stuck, and eventually the death of another different new character. Which surprisingly his death gave me a chill, maybe it was because we haven't seen a good walker death scene in awhile, or maybe it was the combination of the chaos and how fast they killed him. Either way I found it pretty good. Then the death of Patrick alone increased my anticipation for the next episode and the desire to find out whats going on.

This episode hit 16.1 million viewers, which I agree that quality always beats quanity. But the show is entertaining to alot of people. And if they can find joy in it, then why are people so harsh to bring it down? Its like no one has anything better to do than bash other TV shows. I know it is a review website, but "critics" need to give it an actual review instead of saying "the series is so overrated so Im gonna give it lowest score" Seriously? Just cause something is popular and overated doesn't make it terrible. There are plotholes, just like in every TV series and every Movie (some more than others). But if your gonna just watch the show to scan for plotholes instead of actually enjoy the show, then just don't watch it in fact don't watch any show because you will just ruin it for yourself.

To wrap up my statement, this is just my opinion. The best way to decide if you like the new season or not is by watching it yourself, not by reading a review. Thank you for the time to read this! Whether you agree with me or not, thats is ok with me! Take care, and have a wonderful day!
  6. Nov 25, 2013
    The tension in this series never lets you down. The script is coherent, the performances are more than convincing and, in my opinion, the best of it all: the excellent work of make up. The fourth season is as good as the previous ones. Congratulations to all the people behind The Walking Dead
  7. Dec 12, 2013
    The end of the first half of this season left me emotionally drained, and all the better for it. The season seemed oddly structured as it was progressing, but any show that can get me so engaged with fate of the characters gets my highest vote.
  8. Nov 9, 2013
    The Walking dead is one of the greatest series i've ever seen, only Breaking Bad is on same level. Right from actors, story, drama and character development its just great! Many think that there isnt enough action but then people dont understand what the walking dead is about. This show is about people and thats happens to them in when the world goes under.
  9. Oct 14, 2013
    Definitely the strongest series opening presented by The Walking Dead so far, probably down to the episode being written by Scott M. Gimple, who has arguably written the best episodes of the show ('Clear' and '18 Miles Out' being fantastic examples). I was surprised to find it with an 87 rating on Metacritic on Friday, but now I have seen the episode I am even more surprised that theDefinitely the strongest series opening presented by The Walking Dead so far, probably down to the episode being written by Scott M. Gimple, who has arguably written the best episodes of the show ('Clear' and '18 Miles Out' being fantastic examples). I was surprised to find it with an 87 rating on Metacritic on Friday, but now I have seen the episode I am even more surprised that the rating has dipped to 77. Absolutely fantastic. Expand
  10. Dec 3, 2013
    If you've not seen the half season finale, I will not spoil it by stating who lives or dies, but my biggest complaint is the inability of some to hit the broadside of a barn with heavy artilery, so to speak. And the amazing bullet stopping ability of certain office furniture (the magic file cabinet, table,etc.). Other than that, a fine resolution for the first half.
  11. Oct 13, 2013
    Season 4 is off to a great start! Like any episode of TWD that can be considered great, there's a great balance between zombie action and characterization. The pacing was very good and I never felt like the episode was moving too slow or fast. You can tell season 4 has a bigger budget, given how improved the gore and overall effects look compared to past seasons. Seriously, how killer wasSeason 4 is off to a great start! Like any episode of TWD that can be considered great, there's a great balance between zombie action and characterization. The pacing was very good and I never felt like the episode was moving too slow or fast. You can tell season 4 has a bigger budget, given how improved the gore and overall effects look compared to past seasons. Seriously, how killer was that grocery story sequence? I was very satisfied overall with the premiere and I can't wait to see what's next! Expand
  12. Nov 1, 2013
    I have loved every minute of seasons 1 through 3. The fresh overall concept had me hooked from the minute Rick Grimes crawled into the tank in Season 1. Season 4's first 3 episodes have left me feeling kinda "...meh" in relation to the previous season's offerings.

Maybe I'm done with the prison, maybe I'm not ready to accept Rick being a passive follower, and maybe there are just too many characters to follow.

Yes, it's all of those, but they all pale in comparison to the biggest problem I see: the virus. A show as viscerally, violently entertaining as this CANNOT resort to a virus as its menacing threat. It is just too boring... Many people complained about the farm in season 2, and its slower paced storytelling, but this is lurching along so slowly that they'll need 10 episodes to move past with it....too long..
    I LOVE story lines that make you think, but the virus is about as played out a notion as there can be. It's been done to .....well, to death. I hope they move out, and on to wilder, scarier things. I've always thought that the things humans do to each other is far scarier than anything mother nature and/or a virus could do.
  13. Oct 13, 2013
    The Walking Dead has never been the best tv show, but it some truly spectacular episodes like Days gone by and Killer Within that show what the could be if it tried. I not am saying that the other episodes are really bad, in fact they are pretty good. The 1st episode of the 4th season while most people will hate on for not adding more to the plot, is more a glimpse at the daily lives ofThe Walking Dead has never been the best tv show, but it some truly spectacular episodes like Days gone by and Killer Within that show what the could be if it tried. I not am saying that the other episodes are really bad, in fact they are pretty good. The 1st episode of the 4th season while most people will hate on for not adding more to the plot, is more a glimpse at the daily lives of the groups, to know that when true conflict starts, why the hell they are so tense and what they consider to be their current "normal" lives.. The intro action scene, is one of the most absurd yet, but still keeps a foot in reality like most of the series. The favorites amongst the actors are still here and doing what they do best. Reedus is still the sexy bad ass that he always was, Yeun is still bringing a bit of soul and joy to the grim series, and Cohan is still hot. The show isn't high art and won't replace Breaking Bad, Rectify or Game of Thrones, but dammit it is still enjoyable Expand
  14. Nov 24, 2013
    The Walking Dead is a great show and an even better graphic novel. The first and second seasons of the show are by far the best. The current (fourth) season of the show leaves me feeling like I am always being hung over a cliff waiting for the next big thing to happen, but it just never comes. I really hope that the show continues to progress through the story and doesn't flicker out inThe Walking Dead is a great show and an even better graphic novel. The first and second seasons of the show are by far the best. The current (fourth) season of the show leaves me feeling like I am always being hung over a cliff waiting for the next big thing to happen, but it just never comes. I really hope that the show continues to progress through the story and doesn't flicker out in the fifth season, but judging by how the story is progressing now, that just may be the case. That being said: This is one of the best television series that I have ever watched and like I said earlier, an even better graphic novel (hint hint pick them up) Expand
  15. Nov 22, 2013
    AMC better get it's stuff straight now. They keep getting rid of all the talented writers and producers and this is what happens. Killing off characters we don't care about is not drama, it's a bad zombie movie. Glenn and Maggie are becoming less and less relevant to me and I just care about Rick and The Governor. Morrissey continues to portray one of television's most interestingAMC better get it's stuff straight now. They keep getting rid of all the talented writers and producers and this is what happens. Killing off characters we don't care about is not drama, it's a bad zombie movie. Glenn and Maggie are becoming less and less relevant to me and I just care about Rick and The Governor. Morrissey continues to portray one of television's most interesting villains in the last 15 years. But man, it's time to start getting "dramatic" with it. I want to the Gov get his revenge already. Expand
  16. Oct 15, 2013
    LOL, as user below me said "best show on TV." That's without a doubt. I didn't think they'd go beyond the first season at first but it's definitely turned out to be more promising than some of "best" shows like Dexter and Breaking Bad. More suspense and GORE. I like the GORE. A lot.
  17. Nov 23, 2013
    This show has slowly developed into one of the three or four best shows on TV these days, which is saying a lot in this new Golden Age. The writing has gotten smarter and wiser with each new episode, the acting has settled into mostly solid with smatterings of excellence, and the character development is top notch. None of the parts, though, really accounts for the sum, which isThis show has slowly developed into one of the three or four best shows on TV these days, which is saying a lot in this new Golden Age. The writing has gotten smarter and wiser with each new episode, the acting has settled into mostly solid with smatterings of excellence, and the character development is top notch. None of the parts, though, really accounts for the sum, which is absolutely great. It is probably the Governor who puts this over the top here, an excellent character played to pitch perfection by David Morrissey. ...Hands up if you knew he was actually British. Expand
  18. Oct 14, 2013
    While the first 10 minutes or so had some atrocious dialogue and acting, it improved as it went on and made for a decent episode of a show with bi-polar quality.
  19. Jan 20, 2014
    The Walking Dead first premiered on Halloween. The show is not that scary. At times, there is graphic language. Every episode has a twist at the end. It's a good show. It's not only horrific, but it has action and adventure. zombies!
  20. Nov 3, 2013
    Amazing first few episodes. Rick and the gang are faced with all new threats. Now all we need is the Governor. So far many conflicts and character building. So far amazing and its getting better and better!!!!! TEAM DARYL!!!!!!!
  21. Oct 14, 2013
    Everything seems to be perfect in the prison, vegetation is growing (for the most part) and everyone is getting along. Though in the end, like all the past seasons, it just too good to be true. This episode is great in setting up what is to come this season but it felt like it was already done. Sometimes love story can be overdone and unnecessary. It is actually nice though to see Rick andEverything seems to be perfect in the prison, vegetation is growing (for the most part) and everyone is getting along. Though in the end, like all the past seasons, it just too good to be true. This episode is great in setting up what is to come this season but it felt like it was already done. Sometimes love story can be overdone and unnecessary. It is actually nice though to see Rick and Carl finally communicating. However, Carl still needs to put in place. Expand
  22. Oct 17, 2013
    OK. I get why other people think this show is overrated. Those people are actually those who watch the show thinking about what other people think about the show and not about what the show offers. As someone who has seen this series and all its seasons, the attachment that I linked with the characters and their minds overwhelms the idea that a lot of people watch this because its appealOK. I get why other people think this show is overrated. Those people are actually those who watch the show thinking about what other people think about the show and not about what the show offers. As someone who has seen this series and all its seasons, the attachment that I linked with the characters and their minds overwhelms the idea that a lot of people watch this because its appeal to human emotions (fear, regret, rejection, redemption) is magnified. Expand
  23. Oct 21, 2013
    We are two episodes in and people are ripping it all apart. IT takes time to develop. It was stated by the creators that the show would be very character based this season. It's doing a great job so far. One of the best shows in TV history.
  24. Jan 27, 2014
    Damn good show. Always anxious for Sunday nite to arrive. Good cast. Never predictable - that's what I like. Hope it stays for awhile. I can't stand when a good show gets cancelled. Keep it coming!
  25. Nov 27, 2013
    I'm very much liking the shift of focus away from the prison and on to "Brian" aka "The Governor." The storyline focusing on Rick not knowing whether he should be the leader is getting stale, but the Governor brings so much heat to the series.
  26. Oct 22, 2013
    Two episodes in, I must say that I am genuinely impressed. The 3rd season was in my eyes a complete disappointment. The writing was awful, there was too much filler, and the show was quite simply put:Dull. Though I can't speak for the quality for the rest of the season, I must say that season 4 is off to a great start. The show feels darker,creepier and there's a lingering sense of dreadTwo episodes in, I must say that I am genuinely impressed. The 3rd season was in my eyes a complete disappointment. The writing was awful, there was too much filler, and the show was quite simply put:Dull. Though I can't speak for the quality for the rest of the season, I must say that season 4 is off to a great start. The show feels darker,creepier and there's a lingering sense of dread and despair in the air. The zombies are a bigger threat now, as well as another factor that really switches everything up.There's a bigger emphasis placed on the characters, and the dialogue feels much more natural than it did before. Do I consider The Walking Dead to be a top tier drama like say Breaking Bad,Boardwalk Empire, or Mad Men? Absolutely not, and it will never be. But it's a good show with incredible production values, solid cast and moody,dreary visuals.I am not sure about it's future, but so far so good. Expand
  27. Nov 30, 2013
    This season starts SLOW. Probably the slowest start of any season. However, after the introductory subplot that takes place over the first half dozen or so episodes, the story really picks up a lot. I admit the first episodes don't engage like previous seasons, the story is so much better now. If you're struggling through the beginning of the season, stick with it, it is worth it.

Great

Great show though, the writing and acting is spot on. In order for a survival show to work, you have to care about the survivors. Walking Dead Season 4 continues what the previous seasons expertly accomplished by making you care about and love the characters. When people die (and they do), you feel something.
  28. Nov 4, 2013
    It's only been 4 episodes but so far "The Walking Dead" is off to a great 4th season. After the disaster that was the second half of season 3, it's nice to see that the show is back to focusing on the zombies. Dumb writing still plagues this season and characters still act moronic, but it's still a highly enjoyable show. Action is gorier than ever and the new sickness sweeping through theIt's only been 4 episodes but so far "The Walking Dead" is off to a great 4th season. After the disaster that was the second half of season 3, it's nice to see that the show is back to focusing on the zombies. Dumb writing still plagues this season and characters still act moronic, but it's still a highly enjoyable show. Action is gorier than ever and the new sickness sweeping through the prison, as well as other places, brings several big questions to the table that the show can tease us with. So The Walking Dead is still worth watching. I do have my complaints with it, like the idiotic writing and the shows apparent fear of adding any new characters that didn't com from the comics, but I'm really enjoying it. I'll update my review at a later time if I feel the show has either increased or decreased in quality. Expand
  29. Nov 30, 2013
    Season 4 they really picked up the speed and more zombies and nice little steady plot holding everything together.Season 4 gives viewers none stop unpredictable action and give you a nightmares that you stuck in zombie apocalyptic era.
  30. Nov 21, 2013
    Scott Zimple has made TWD more gory and horrifying. Which makes it better but I prefer Darabont better. TWD is back with its goriest season yet! Rick Grimes is shooting more walkers and Shane is hitting on Lori. Better bros! Zimple was okay at direction, and the cast gave good acting but there is not a strong plot fixed and it gets boring easily. But TWD is still awesome, so is season 4.
  31. Oct 16, 2013
    As a huge fan of the zombie genre and the Walking Dead in general, I must say Season 4 feels a lot like Seasons 1 & 2 in a good way. While still holding ground at the prison, it's great to see how the survivors built their own little town within the prison walls. A lot of and guts are about to hit the fan, and I can't wait to get immersed in this glorious undead goop.
  32. Jun 2, 2014
    Another excellent season. Every episode is perfectly done with story, pacing and entertainment. You truly feel for every character and that makes the entire thing so relatable. In my opinion there really is nothing better than this on TV right now. Masterful stuff.
  33. Oct 19, 2013
    A little bit of a slower start than I was expecting, but the walking dead continues to impress and show that it will be here to stay for awhile.
  34. Apr 15, 2014
    Al igual que la anterior temporada, tuvo una primera parte buena, pero en los capitulos donde se centra en el gobernador fueron muy mal desarrollados, sin embargo hubo capitulos en la segunda parte que me gustaron, el desarrollo de los personajes, la trama de la gripe, el episodio 8 y el 14 fueron brillantes. Una temporada que me gusto por igual que la tercera pero sin llegar al climax deAl igual que la anterior temporada, tuvo una primera parte buena, pero en los capitulos donde se centra en el gobernador fueron muy mal desarrollados, sin embargo hubo capitulos en la segunda parte que me gustaron, el desarrollo de los personajes, la trama de la gripe, el episodio 8 y el 14 fueron brillantes. Una temporada que me gusto por igual que la tercera pero sin llegar al climax de lo que fue la primera. Expand
  35. Oct 18, 2013
    9 on a 10 MINIMUM. "QUALITY" is my descriptive word. Nice soundtrack, effect, storyline, actors... don't miss it. Zombie or non zombie fan can enjoy it. Even girlfriend who hate horror and bloody stuff..
  36. Nov 5, 2013
    The first 4 episodes so far are very emotional and more gruesome and just very intense. I am now glued to these characters even more. Can't wait for these next 12 episodes to wrap up so i can give my full review of the season.
  37. Nov 17, 2013
    The first half of this season has been very good. The flu outbreak story-arc is smart considering everyone has been so focused on the threats that walkers impose on the survivors but apparently had forgotten how humans are very vulnerable to many other things. I love the development of Carl character this season, though I'd love it to see more of Glenn & Maggie relationship being explored.The first half of this season has been very good. The flu outbreak story-arc is smart considering everyone has been so focused on the threats that walkers impose on the survivors but apparently had forgotten how humans are very vulnerable to many other things. I love the development of Carl character this season, though I'd love it to see more of Glenn & Maggie relationship being explored. It has so much potentials. Expand
  38. Nov 18, 2013
    Walking Dead Season 4 refreshes the series with a new threat, more zombies, and this year every character gets their own story. The change of pace is one that may bother some fans but once everyone is settled its an amazing experience.
  39. Nov 27, 2013
    merci beaucoup metacritic c'est grace vous que j'ai connu cette super série et encore grace vous si je la suis depuis 4 saisons vous faites du super boulot
  40. Nov 24, 2013
    Compelling suspenseful and a good amount of character development make for a solid show with interesting characters and try's to stay true to its source matierial at the same tim
  41. Dec 18, 2013
    A return to form, harking back the excellent character driven storytelling of season one. I particularly like how the new show runner is exploring the different perspectives and journeys of key characters, it makes the plot more three dimensional, rather than a basic good vs. bad tale. Really enjoyed this season.
  42. Apr 20, 2014
    One of the best TV shows ever. I absolutely love The Walking Dead, everything is perfect in it. The characters, the storyline,... all the actors work so well together, all the crew and the result is magnificent! I never felt like this about a show.. I get so involved and this last season was the best in my opinion. The 1st was also too good, the second and the third were too, because we'reOne of the best TV shows ever. I absolutely love The Walking Dead, everything is perfect in it. The characters, the storyline,... all the actors work so well together, all the crew and the result is magnificent! I never felt like this about a show.. I get so involved and this last season was the best in my opinion. The 1st was also too good, the second and the third were too, because we're talking about TWD!! But the season four was too damn awesome! They explored things they never did before, the way they presented us that and they did surprise us! Mostly the Season 4B had a structure we've never seen before! I'm speechless, this series are the best! I hope we can have it for a lot of more seasons. Can't wait for october, so excited!! Expand
  43. Nov 20, 2014
    I enjoyed this season more than season 3. The whole governor storyline then took a bit too long to my taste.
    Even if he returns in this season, i like how everything unfolds and you actually feel sympathy for him in the beginning. That was a ncie twist. Like other people said, has a bit of a slow start, but it gets better and better.
    Lots of gory action, some intense moments, some
    Lots of gory action, some intense moments, some emotional. After watching the season i felt like a whole lot of events happened. something i didnt feel while watching the third season. Still a great show.
  44. May 2, 2015
    The fourth season starts off from where it left off the last season. This season has a equal amount of action and character development making it the best season so far in the series. A lot of memorable moments and a lot of memorable characters in this season. The character development is as great as Season 2's and has similar if not more action than Season 3.
  45. Dec 30, 2013
    Essa nova temporada começou regular e foi evoluindo com os episódios seguintes, e mais personagens entra na trama e vemos a perda de um bom personagens que vai deixar saudades.
  46. Apr 13, 2014
    The season starts with glimpses of life that has returned to the ordinary. Crops being grown, people socializing, councils being made. The sense of security that the prison has provided has helped flourish a kind of civilization, but also made them somewhat complacent. The fact that everyone comes back a walker no matter how they died has serious consequences for the group. This is notThe season starts with glimpses of life that has returned to the ordinary. Crops being grown, people socializing, councils being made. The sense of security that the prison has provided has helped flourish a kind of civilization, but also made them somewhat complacent. The fact that everyone comes back a walker no matter how they died has serious consequences for the group. This is not helped by the surge of a killer flu through the prison population.

The Governor returns but this time we are shown the more humane side of his albeit with surprisingly more violence and cruelty. Another group of survivors is introduced. Needless to say, we get to witness the Second Battle of Prison with more surprises and deaths. The mid season finale was by far my favourite episode of the entire show.

The characters splinter into couples and threesomes. A few of them die. Some of them unite to form bigger groups, some find new characters, others are left alone by themselves. I'm pleased that the characters didn't conveniently find each other by a miracle. Instead of being pitted against a main antagonist, an opportunity to develop and incorporate some of the sinister events was availed. We get to see Daryl and Michonne develop as bits of their pasts are revealed, making them more wholesome and interesting characters. Rick Grimes shows his savage side again when forced into a corner. I believe we've reached a point where the most dangerous and ruthless characters on the show are none other than the main characters themselves.
  47. Aug 27, 2014
    This season had so much promise and it delivered on most of them during the first half of season 4. It was action packed, violent, and the story was really good. The writing and directing were very well done, a new threat opposed them, and it was paced very well. I couldn't stand the two governor pov episodes. They were just okay and a complete waste of time. They built him as a good guyThis season had so much promise and it delivered on most of them during the first half of season 4. It was action packed, violent, and the story was really good. The writing and directing were very well done, a new threat opposed them, and it was paced very well. I couldn't stand the two governor pov episodes. They were just okay and a complete waste of time. They built him as a good guy even though we all knew he was evil. It's a waste because he shows his evil in the mid season finale. That episode was one of the episode of the show. It had all the action we have expected from TWD and it has two major deaths. The second half of the season was a disappointment. The idea that all of the separated sounds good on paper, not in real life though. Most of the season was a bore fest and the action wasn't good enough. I wish all the characters were with one another. It did have some bright points like the little girls with Carol. The season finale was good and it put some faith back into the show. Most of them are held captive by cannibals who presented themselves as a safe haven. It had a good conclusion though and I can't wait for season 5. Expand
  48. Mar 30, 2014
    The storytelling was slower than it was last season, but in this case it's not a bad thing at all. The show is as intense as it has been since season one. This season wasn't perfect, but it did manage to stay interesting for 16 episodes. The acting was great as always and the writing has improved from last season. There were interesting new characters, as well as moments that kept youThe storytelling was slower than it was last season, but in this case it's not a bad thing at all. The show is as intense as it has been since season one. This season wasn't perfect, but it did manage to stay interesting for 16 episodes. The acting was great as always and the writing has improved from last season. There were interesting new characters, as well as moments that kept you on the edge of your seat. From beginning to end there was solid dialogue, great acting, cool zombie moments, complex moral situations, and nice little breather moments thrown in. Overall, it wasn't perfect, but it was still pretty good. Expand
  49. Oct 20, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. EPISODE 1: 30 DAYS WITHOUT AN ACCIDENT:

My, my, what can I say about Episode 1 of Season 4; it was really good. I know that some people actually couldn't care less about the show now, but from seeing this as a fan all the way from Season 1's start I gotta say I was really impressed. The episode not only shows us how far the characters have come since the ending of Season 3, but also shows how they are more affected by what happens around them and that's really the beauty of The Walking Dead; you never know what's coming.

So what about the story? Well we see that Rick has developed since we last saw him and the group has grown into a huge community now; reminiscent of Woodbury from last season. Carl is actually less and much more likable than the previous season where I absolutely detested him and his personality. All the other characters have their own new attributes too, for example, Tyrese has a love interest....and so does Beth.....and Glenn and Maggie are trying to have a baby....Okay, since when did this become "The Romantic Dead"? I mean I have no problem wanting to expand but....you know what, I don't even care.

The story also provides loads of emotional tie ins too, for example, there is a scene where Rick and this girl he finds have a really heartfelt conversation just as she is about to die. What I really like about this scene is the way that you can clearly tell that the woman is not mentally stable and a little bit timid and that the apocalypse has clearly taken its toll on her. This shows off the true power of the world that these characters live in and you really start to feel for them more than you have before. However, the story does go a little slow over time in this episode and I felt that there was too much foreshadowing in this episode that made it too predictable at times, but does promise more tales as the season goes on.

The action is still prominent and gory than ever just the way we like it every season, providing much more blood fests to satisfy us. However, I felt that in one scene where some members of the crew are in a store the zombies falling from the rooftop and busting into the store were actually quite and I laughed a couple of times, but that's only my opinion. But I digress, the gore and the action is always spot on for a TV series of this caliber, it's gritty, it's dark, it's scary, it's romantic, it's emotional, it's Season 4 of THE WALKING DEAD!

Pros:
    -Action and suspense
    -Emotional parts that make you feel for the characters
    -The gore...just the gore

Cons:
    -Weird segmants of Loooove
    -Story is a bit too slow at times
    -Too much foreshadowing

VERDICT
  50. Nov 19, 2014
    This season of the walking dead hasnt fired an writer or director, so i could understand everything, the story was a little bit better than the other seasons and its ending is really good.
  51. Mar 16, 2014
    I've been enjoying TWD this season. The new showrunner has isolated the successful elements of the show: unconventional pairings of cast members, long doses of suspense interspersed with dynamic action, and aesthetically pleasing cinematography and locations. Without fail, every episode has been tense and high-energy (even the more intimate character studies), and there have been someI've been enjoying TWD this season. The new showrunner has isolated the successful elements of the show: unconventional pairings of cast members, long doses of suspense interspersed with dynamic action, and aesthetically pleasing cinematography and locations. Without fail, every episode has been tense and high-energy (even the more intimate character studies), and there have been some really excellent showcases of technical film-making.

The Governor's return is probably the lamest element, but even he has improved from his waffling nonsensical origins to at least become a credible villain. The season's second half splits the party, with small-scale stories for each apparently random grouping of survivors. It provides an opportunity to get to know the characters, and the cast have shined. The nonsensical choices they always seems to be making have been reigned in a little bit, and most of the really irritating characters are dead by now. Yes, there are multiple significant characters killed off this season, but their deaths are done dramatically well.

A few new cast have been introduced, presumably prefacing the upcoming spinoff series, but not much has happened with them. Only a few episodes remain at this point, but this season is well worth watching, and with the same showrunner being retained for next season (an achievement given the show's tumultuous leadership situation), there is every reason to keep following it or to get on board.
  52. Mar 2, 2014
    It's the #1 show on TV for a reason. The Walking Dead continues to be my favorite show of all of TV. Amazing acting, great story telling, and edge of your seat action. The Walking Dead is the best show on TV PERIOD!!
  53. Mar 18, 2014
    It's very difficult to write a review for a TV show's season that is very close to it's end, 2 episodes away in this case, especially when the season has not offered too much.

The first half of the season was quite uplifting but proved to be extremely boring until the very last episode of the first half with the Governor. The boring first half was easily worth all of the build-up to that episode so I can't complain all that much, but the second half has been really different.

For the first time in the show since it's inception, the characters are not together. And that's not my complaint because it's very important to the story, but the way that they go about this separation in the show itself, the style if you will, is not something I like. Each episode is centered on a small group making their way to a hopeful salvation, but I would much rather see bits of each groups struggles rather than watch 45 minutes worth of stale character development with maybe 5 minutes of actual action. I just feel that this half of the season is very drawn out, when there is a lot of fat that could be cut off the episodes to make way for different kinds of character developments.

I can't complain much because I understand that this is a build-up to something big because I know that The Walking Dead could never disappoint its huge fan base, and I'm sure it would turn my score into a 10/10, but for now it feels very dry and stale.

I will say though that the episode on March 16th is what saves this score from being any worse. I don't want to give anything away but that gut-wrenching episode was the best episode in this half of the season so far. For now I give this season an 8/10 and hopefully the rest of the season won't disappoint us.
  54. Jul 6, 2014
    Yet again another great season of The Walking Dead! The first half of the season was very suspenseful as many challenges hit the survivors. Unfortunately the 2nd half of the season wasn't too eventful until the last couple episodes. 8.5/10
  55. Jul 14, 2014
    I don't understand why The Walking Dead has yet to be nominated for any acting or best show emmys!!! The show, while gory and gruesome to some viewers is easily my favorite TV show. The writing is superb, the acting is very good and should at least win a few awards. Yes, they've been nodded at for special effects, but come on, this show is not just a gut fest(like most people think it is).I don't understand why The Walking Dead has yet to be nominated for any acting or best show emmys!!! The show, while gory and gruesome to some viewers is easily my favorite TV show. The writing is superb, the acting is very good and should at least win a few awards. Yes, they've been nodded at for special effects, but come on, this show is not just a gut fest(like most people think it is). The writing focuses on great topics like what makes us human, and how do we keep our humanity, etc. WHY ARE THEY NOT ROLLING IN EMMYS!!!! Expand
  56. Aug 19, 2014
    With solid writing, beautiful cinematography, and great acting all around, the fourth season of The Walking Dead further proves that the series is one of the greatest additions to the zombie genre.
  57. Sep 26, 2014
    This series gets as good as it's ever been halfway through this season. It finally reminded me why I love this show! .
  58. Oct 7, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This season is quite lame. Almost nothing big and exciting happens at all. About 4 deaths that were memorable and almost nothing else happened other than the mid season finale which was kind of lame but still not that exciting. It was quite disappointing overall. Expand
  59. Feb 23, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I would say I would split season 4 into two names, the first half of the season would be called infection, and the second half would be called on the road. I remember season 4 clearly for those two main plots growing through this season. It's interesting to watch where our characters are now and how different the prison community is since the end of season 3. Also seeing the governor again with 2 episodes dedicated to his characters were really interesting, I enjoyed them and I liked how it didn't make him out to be this only crazed guy, but just a broken man. There's a couple episodes that really stood out in my mind and I like the themes they represented. Same thing with this season you have a lot of unnecessary hatred towards the show, while they're the minority they still do not really bring up good arguments towards their claims, again these are the kinds of people who claim they like character development till you find out they watch a terrible show that isn't written well what so ever. Expand
  60. Feb 23, 2015
    Damn I really loved this season it almost became hopeless for our characters in season 4. Man it's been so great. I've even reading the comics and I really love how similar the comic and tv show is and really awesome.
  61. Mar 30, 2015

1. Reviewed by: Emily Nussbaum
    Jan 3, 2014
    The Walking Dead might have been one of [the ambitious modern horror series], using a grotesque story to go deep, letting grief and repulsion rile and unsettle us. Instead, it stumbles forward, disguised as prestige TV but devoid of a soul.
  2. Reviewed by: Tim Goodman
    Oct 14, 2013
    If the first two episodes are any indication, not only is the series not missing a beat, it's actually growing into itself to allow new storytelling possibilitie
  3. Reviewed by: Mike Hale
    Oct 11, 2013
    The challenge with any extended zombie narrative is striking the right balance between gut-munching action and undergraduate philosophy seminar, and the first two episodes this season are pretty talky.