The Walking Dead : Season 4

• Series Premiere Date: Oct 31, 2010
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
6.7

1. Mar 14, 2014
    What happened. Honestly what happened, when this season started this show just went to **** From season 2 the show never really lived up to the comics but even episodes season 2 and some of season 3 were still good but now all the writing and characters are crap except for Andrew Lincoln which really is a major point to watch the show in the first place. I think this might get cancelledWhat happened. Honestly what happened, when this season started this show just went to **** From season 2 the show never really lived up to the comics but even episodes season 2 and some of season 3 were still good but now all the writing and characters are crap except for Andrew Lincoln which really is a major point to watch the show in the first place. I think this might get cancelled sadly but you know you should have kept Frank Darbont on the production. Without him this wouldn't have even have gotten made. Expand
  2. Oct 14, 2013
    This show continues to head downhill at an astonishing pace. This episode, like the season finale before it, was a complete waste of time. The directors and producers of this show have absolutely zero idea on how to deliver drama and suspense. Giving this episode a 1 is being overly generous.
  3. Oct 14, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. [Please Note: I am not a professional reviewer, my opinion does not dominate yours in any way. This is just my opinion and my review. Please also note that this may contain spoilers for anyone who has not seen episode 401 of TWD, you have been warned]

Getting sick of all the hate for the show. Yes there are better shows. But the season just started, and there are many new unanswered questions that are keeping me on the edge of my seat waiting for the answers. The first episode showed us some of the changes to the prison, introduced new characters. To many this can seem kind of slow, but it didn't bother me any. When Rick was talking to the creepy lady in the forrest I do admit that it wasn't the brightest part of the episode. But it showed us how some people are living this far into the ZA. When it got to the Big Spot scene, it really kept me on the edge. The scene involved walkers falling through the roof, a new character being stuck, and eventually the death of another different new character. Which surprisingly his death gave me a chill, maybe it was because we haven't seen a good walker death scene in awhile, or maybe it was the combination of the chaos and how fast they killed him. Either way I found it pretty good. Then the death of Patrick alone increased my anticipation for the next episode and the desire to find out whats going on.

This episode hit 16.1 million viewers, which I agree that quality always beats quanity. But the show is entertaining to alot of people. And if they can find joy in it, then why are people so harsh to bring it down? Its like no one has anything better to do than bash other TV shows. I know it is a review website, but "critics" need to give it an actual review instead of saying "the series is so overrated so Im gonna give it lowest score" Seriously? Just cause something is popular and overated doesn't make it terrible. There are plotholes, just like in every TV series and every Movie (some more than others). But if your gonna just watch the show to scan for plotholes instead of actually enjoy the show, then just don't watch it in fact don't watch any show because you will just ruin it for yourself.

To wrap up my statement, this is just my opinion. The best way to decide if you like the new season or not is by watching it yourself, not by reading a review. Thank you for the time to read this! Whether you agree with me or not, thats is ok with me! Take care, and have a wonderful day!
  4. Oct 20, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. EPISODE 1: 30 DAYS WITHOUT AN ACCIDENT:

My, my, what can I say about Episode 1 of Season 4; it was really good. I know that some people actually couldn't care less about the show now, but from seeing this as a fan all the way from Season 1's start I gotta say I was really impressed. The episode not only shows us how far the characters have come since the ending of Season 3, but also shows how they are more affected by what happens around them and that's really the beauty of The Walking Dead; you never know what's coming.

So what about the story? Well we see that Rick has developed since we last saw him and the group has grown into a huge community now; reminiscent of Woodbury from last season. Carl is actually less and much more likable than the previous season where I absolutely detested him and his personality. All the other characters have their own new attributes too, for example, Tyrese has a love interest....and so does Beth.....and Glenn and Maggie are trying to have a baby....Okay, since when did this become "The Romantic Dead"? I mean I have no problem wanting to expand but....you know what, I don't even care.

The story also provides loads of emotional tie ins too, for example, there is a scene where Rick and this girl he finds have a really heartfelt conversation just as she is about to die. What I really like about this scene is the way that you can clearly tell that the woman is not mentally stable and a little bit timid and that the apocalypse has clearly taken its toll on her. This shows off the true power of the world that these characters live in and you really start to feel for them more than you have before. However, the story does go a little slow over time in this episode and I felt that there was too much foreshadowing in this episode that made it too predictable at times, but does promise more tales as the season goes on.

The action is still prominent and gory than ever just the way we like it every season, providing much more blood fests to satisfy us. However, I felt that in one scene where some members of the crew are in a store the zombies falling from the rooftop and busting into the store were actually quite and I laughed a couple of times, but that's only my opinion. But I digress, the gore and the action is always spot on for a TV series of this caliber, it's gritty, it's dark, it's scary, it's romantic, it's emotional, it's Season 4 of THE WALKING DEAD!

Pros:
    -Action and suspense
    -Emotional parts that make you feel for the characters
    -The gore...just the gore

Cons:
    -Weird segmants of Loooove
    -Story is a bit too slow at times
    -Too much foreshadowing

VERDICT
  5. Oct 18, 2013
    9 on a 10 MINIMUM. "QUALITY" is my descriptive word. Nice soundtrack, effect, storyline, actors... don't miss it. Zombie or non zombie fan can enjoy it. Even girlfriend who hate horror and bloody stuff..
  6. Oct 30, 2013
    Horrible season. The same setting, the same laziness that dragged on since the second half of season 3, no interesting concepts. It has deviated too far from the comics and has become a retarded half-brother of the superior comic books. Not worth watching anymore.
  7. Nov 2, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This show has lost steam so far in season 4. The story has gotten slow and it feels like the writers are reaching for story lines. The initial draw is all but gone. How many times is Rick going to go crazy? The new characters they are trying to introduce are boring and don't really stand out in anyway. What is the end game? They have already veered so far away from the graphic novel and now it feels like it just drags on and on. Expand
  8. Nov 6, 2013
    All I can say is I cannot wait until they get to the half point and leave it on a cliff hanger so I can be excited to watch the next episodes in the spring
  9. Nov 18, 2013
    Walking Dead Season 4 refreshes the series with a new threat, more zombies, and this year every character gets their own story. The change of pace is one that may bother some fans but once everyone is settled its an amazing experience.
  10. Nov 19, 2013
    Loved seasons 1-3, unexpected thrills and excitement well blended with likable characters. Each season the characters developed consistently and the Governor came on as a true sociopath...making him an ideal villan. Now with this new writer all we see are ridiculous character changes...Rick farming and this twisted deal with Carol, Daryl has lost his emotional charm, Michonne hasn't hadLoved seasons 1-3, unexpected thrills and excitement well blended with likable characters. Each season the characters developed consistently and the Governor came on as a true sociopath...making him an ideal villan. Now with this new writer all we see are ridiculous character changes...Rick farming and this twisted deal with Carol, Daryl has lost his emotional charm, Michonne hasn't had any of her supreme bad-ass female warrior moments, Beth is someone all together different.....now the Govenor is getting soft? HUH!!!!!! No consistency with the plot from show to show, it has become a mess. Why is 14 year old Carl shooting at walkers and working while all the Woodbury people,{ except Tyrese and Sasha,} sit around and do not contribute...all they have done all season 4 is let everybody else pull their weight around. Now their sneezing all over poor old Hershal. Really? I stay away from my grandma when I am sick out of respect for her well being. Very unlikable Woodbury people. Poor Glen. PLEASE bring the last writer back to clean up the horibble mess this season has become! Expand
  11. Nov 27, 2013
    merci beaucoup metacritic c'est grace vous que j'ai connu cette super série et encore grace vous si je la suis depuis 4 saisons vous faites du super boulot
  12. Nov 24, 2013
    Compelling suspenseful and a good amount of character development make for a solid show with interesting characters and try's to stay true to its source matierial at the same tim
  13. Dec 11, 2013
    Terrible. Coming from a former big time Walking Dead fan, S4 has been terrible so far. Killing off characters that take up 2 episodes of the season is wasteful. For an action show, there was no action until the final episode. The flu and the Governor coming back to the season, should not take up half the season. The creators of The Walking Dead hold on to things too much. The episodes withTerrible. Coming from a former big time Walking Dead fan, S4 has been terrible so far. Killing off characters that take up 2 episodes of the season is wasteful. For an action show, there was no action until the final episode. The flu and the Governor coming back to the season, should not take up half the season. The creators of The Walking Dead hold on to things too much. The episodes with the flu and the Governor, I walked out on them. Then when I came back for the final episode, nothing was different. The 1 point for you is for having somewhat of an interesting final episode. The only reason that The Walking Dead is still around is because of it being a trend that is bringing in new people that have no mind and taking away all the true fans from the start. Get your together. Expand
  14. Mar 15, 2014
    Brothers and sisters, I feel your season 4 pain. In the midst of this this golden age of TV, its rare that a show with this kind of cache disappoints on nearly every level.

Fans have a right to feel insulted--its obvious that the show's producers feel we will watch no matter what, and they are just shooting for a massive volume of episodes. I'm thinking like endless Star Trek spinoffs, Stargate, 7 terrible X files seasons. Thats the territory ahead.

If that doesn't make you want to gouge your own eyes out with a crossbow bolt, then by all means, keep watching.
  15. Mar 18, 2014
    It's very difficult to write a review for a TV show's season that is very close to it's end, 2 episodes away in this case, especially when the season has not offered too much.

The first half of the season was quite uplifting but proved to be extremely boring until the very last episode of the first half with the Governor. The boring first half was easily worth all of the build-up to that episode so I can't complain all that much, but the second half has been really different.

For the first time in the show since it's inception, the characters are not together. And that's not my complaint because it's very important to the story, but the way that they go about this separation in the show itself, the style if you will, is not something I like. Each episode is centered on a small group making their way to a hopeful salvation, but I would much rather see bits of each groups struggles rather than watch 45 minutes worth of stale character development with maybe 5 minutes of actual action. I just feel that this half of the season is very drawn out, when there is a lot of fat that could be cut off the episodes to make way for different kinds of character developments.

I can't complain much because I understand that this is a build-up to something big because I know that The Walking Dead could never disappoint its huge fan base, and I'm sure it would turn my score into a 10/10, but for now it feels very dry and stale.

I will say though that the episode on March 16th is what saves this score from being any worse. I don't want to give anything away but that gut-wrenching episode was the best episode in this half of the season so far. For now I give this season an 8/10 and hopefully the rest of the season won't disappoint us.
  16. Mar 30, 2014
    The first half of the season was fine. The governor odyssey created some back story before the final fight. The second half of this season was awful. The group is all over the place, the focus seemed too intent on character development and less on moving the plot. The problem is we want plot movements and this season was full of everything but that. It appears that Season 5 has someThe first half of the season was fine. The governor odyssey created some back story before the final fight. The second half of this season was awful. The group is all over the place, the focus seemed too intent on character development and less on moving the plot. The problem is we want plot movements and this season was full of everything but that. It appears that Season 5 has some promise, but like "Heroes" before it, Walking Dead shouldn't try to change the model that got them here. Here's hoping TWD gets back to its roots. Expand
  17. Apr 20, 2014
    One of the best TV shows ever. I absolutely love The Walking Dead, everything is perfect in it. The characters, the storyline,... all the actors work so well together, all the crew and the result is magnificent! I never felt like this about a show.. I get so involved and this last season was the best in my opinion. The 1st was also too good, the second and the third were too, because we'reOne of the best TV shows ever. I absolutely love The Walking Dead, everything is perfect in it. The characters, the storyline,... all the actors work so well together, all the crew and the result is magnificent! I never felt like this about a show.. I get so involved and this last season was the best in my opinion. The 1st was also too good, the second and the third were too, because we're talking about TWD!! But the season four was too damn awesome! They explored things they never did before, the way they presented us that and they did surprise us! Mostly the Season 4B had a structure we've never seen before! I'm speechless, this series are the best! I hope we can have it for a lot of more seasons. Can't wait for october, so excited!! Expand
  18. May 1, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I have long loved zombie movies, and have been willing to suspend my disbelief about how they can live without air, without a heart, without food, etc. A drawn-out TV show makes it even harder to swallow as their ordeal has been going on for years apparently and there is no slowdown in the quantity or quality of zombies coming out of the woodwork at just the most cliche moment. This show has never been one of my favorites, but Season 4 is kinda unbelievably bad in my opinion. It really seems like they know that they can pass off any bad writing just as long as they bring on some zombie mayhem every 15 minutes or so. The ‘season final’ was especially lame and very disappointing to watch the idiotic premise unfold with such ludicrous staging. Over and over again bad guys can just sneak right within 1 foot of our heroes when they are out in open land. Of course the camera is always in close range when this happens, but how could our esteemed heroes allow this to happen? And a couple of episodes earlier, in one of the absolutely dumbest of the season, Maggie decides to sleep between a couple of dead people outside on the street that just happens to be right outside the warehouse that Sasha wants to hole up in? And just then Sasha causes a freakin huge window to fall down two stories and smash, waking up Maggie? WTF? Apparently Maggie ‘knew’ that Sasha would look for a warehouse like that one so she took a nap outside on the street between some dead people? Of course when Maggie awakes suddenly from the noise it also riles up hoards of zombies where just moments before there seemed to be none. I know TV has no high bar to jump, but even Bonanza was better than this. Expand
  19. Jul 14, 2014
    I don't understand why The Walking Dead has yet to be nominated for any acting or best show emmys!!! The show, while gory and gruesome to some viewers is easily my favorite TV show. The writing is superb, the acting is very good and should at least win a few awards. Yes, they've been nodded at for special effects, but come on, this show is not just a gut fest(like most people think it is).I don't understand why The Walking Dead has yet to be nominated for any acting or best show emmys!!! The show, while gory and gruesome to some viewers is easily my favorite TV show. The writing is superb, the acting is very good and should at least win a few awards. Yes, they've been nodded at for special effects, but come on, this show is not just a gut fest(like most people think it is). The writing focuses on great topics like what makes us human, and how do we keep our humanity, etc. WHY ARE THEY NOT ROLLING IN EMMYS!!!! Expand
  20. Jul 26, 2014
    4 season surviving, new people come and some of them killed,found new place , nothing changed at all from season one nothing new just killing zombie and bad people than what? this is example should looking for ( safe place for ever or looking for cure or anything like that and how this virus come and who makes this virus) what i see in the trailer for season 5 nothing changed but i hope4 season surviving, new people come and some of them killed,found new place , nothing changed at all from season one nothing new just killing zombie and bad people than what? this is example should looking for ( safe place for ever or looking for cure or anything like that and how this virus come and who makes this virus) what i see in the trailer for season 5 nothing changed but i hope make it better Expand
  21. Oct 11, 2014
    Crappy, campy and predictable acting and story make this show so bad that it is one of the biggest internet jokes running now. This is also the show I use to judge review sites on. When something this notoriously bad gets good reviews on a site it tends to tell me the site itself isn't one to take seriously either.
  22. Feb 16, 2015
    The start of the season is nothing more than mediocre, it gradually got better with the governor story arc; good story telling, shining a new light on the villain. The mid season finale was very good ... too bad they threw away all of that potential by making the remainder of the season 90% filler - the other 10% is great but there is no way in hell that a 5 to 10 minutes of good TV makesThe start of the season is nothing more than mediocre, it gradually got better with the governor story arc; good story telling, shining a new light on the villain. The mid season finale was very good ... too bad they threw away all of that potential by making the remainder of the season 90% filler - the other 10% is great but there is no way in hell that a 5 to 10 minutes of good TV makes up for the pointless walking in circles (literally). (Note there were two episodes after the midseason finale that were worth watching)

AMC's brilliant marketing tactics meant that the best and most tense parts of the episodes were usually on the end, and guess what? Cliff hangers! Now that you're amped to see what’s going to happen next, but guess what? Nothing does happen. Biggest blue balls in a TV series ever.

I spent most of the time having the walking dead season 4 plays in the background as filler and to kill time because there was nothing better on TV at the time. Honestly if you haven't stopped at season 2/3 then you should do so now, or watch a youtube summary, I Guarantee you it'll be more entertaining than this snore fest.

The only reason I'm giving this a 4 is because the first half of the season makes up for it. The writing is awful, and it gets worse each season. The walking dead season 4 contains maybe 2 to 3 good episodes, thank you amc.

1. Reviewed by: Emily Nussbaum
    Jan 3, 2014
    The Walking Dead might have been one of [the ambitious modern horror series], using a grotesque story to go deep, letting grief and repulsion rile and unsettle us. Instead, it stumbles forward, disguised as prestige TV but devoid of a soul.
  2. Reviewed by: Tim Goodman
    Oct 14, 2013
    If the first two episodes are any indication, not only is the series not missing a beat, it's actually growing into itself to allow new storytelling possibilitie
  3. Reviewed by: Mike Hale
    Oct 11, 2013
    The challenge with any extended zombie narrative is striking the right balance between gut-munching action and undergraduate philosophy seminar, and the first two episodes this season are pretty talky.