The Walking Dead : Season 4

• Series Premiere Date: Oct 31, 2010
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
6.7

1. Oct 13, 2013
    The best show on TV. Scary, dramatic, disgusting, romantic...........perfect!!!!! Don't miss it!!!!! Season 4 is gonna be amazing!!!!! Can't wait for the next episode!!!
  2. Feb 20, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Season 4 of the Walking Dead has been the most difficult season to get my head around so far; on first viewing of each episode there was a real sense that the safety of the prison meant that there was a lack of urgency and threat especially since the Governor was nowhere to be seen at first. As the epidemic story began it almost felt like a desperate attempt to introduce some sort of threat until the Governor returned for episode 6 where the story established in season 3 would finally come to ahead. After re-watching the season during the mid-season break, it surprised me that, with hindsight, actually there was a lot more to this season that met the eye. There was a lot more content there than I had originally seen, thematically it was coherent, relevant throughout and also a natural follow on from the previous seasons key theme. I also found myself being drawn to characters that I hadn't originally considered such as Bob, Tyreese and Michonne. The mid-season finale 'Too Far Gone' is truly the epic battle I was hoping for and the excellent David Morrissey and Scott Wilson get the exits they both deserve. On repeat, I've found that season 4 has gone higher up in my estimations and I've been impressed with both 'After' and 'Inmates' so far leaving me with hope that unlike season 3, season 4 won't lose momentum and just keep going. Expand
  3. Mar 17, 2014
    This is obvious just my opinion based on the fact that i do like the series... Being a Romero Living Dead fan, this is the best Show ongoing now! The best post apocalyptic scenario, the best drama!
    For those that do read the comic book since 2008 like me, know that Robert Kirkman makes us get attached to a characters and then kills it... In the TV series, some of them don't die or live the some way.
    The medium is different, so the series as a more vivid twist and putts a smile on those that by reading the comic think that they know how it will happen.
    The point is, its completely different and completely the same... And that is good!

This is a series that looks like a movie in production. The acting isn't always brilliant, but is compelling and believable. Some low points are acceptable considering that is a ongoing series that sometimes as to fill the "meanwhiles" of the stories that matter!

Its a complete entertaining show of emotions, that delivers what was started in the George Romero 1967 movie. The irony and sarcasm of the human relations of those living in a phobic community of some apocalyptic scenario!

The secret of the series is the dramatization of the behavior of people in groups, with the effects of social relations and motivations interacting with and against their individual needs...
    As long the show stays true to that... I will always love it, and rated 10!
  4. Dec 4, 2013
    Cómo la web me pide un mínimo de 150 caracteres, y necesito hacer el review para poder tenerla archivada en mi perfil, pues suelto este rollo o o y mi votación es de 7. Un saludo.
  5. Oct 14, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. [Please Note: I am not a professional reviewer, my opinion does not dominate yours in any way. This is just my opinion and my review. Please also note that this may contain spoilers for anyone who has not seen episode 401 of TWD, you have been warned]

Getting sick of all the hate for the show. Yes there are better shows. But the season just started, and there are many new unanswered questions that are keeping me on the edge of my seat waiting for the answers. The first episode showed us some of the changes to the prison, introduced new characters. To many this can seem kind of slow, but it didn't bother me any. When Rick was talking to the creepy lady in the forrest I do admit that it wasn't the brightest part of the episode. But it showed us how some people are living this far into the ZA. When it got to the Big Spot scene, it really kept me on the edge. The scene involved walkers falling through the roof, a new character being stuck, and eventually the death of another different new character. Which surprisingly his death gave me a chill, maybe it was because we haven't seen a good walker death scene in awhile, or maybe it was the combination of the chaos and how fast they killed him. Either way I found it pretty good. Then the death of Patrick alone increased my anticipation for the next episode and the desire to find out whats going on.

This episode hit 16.1 million viewers, which I agree that quality always beats quanity. But the show is entertaining to alot of people. And if they can find joy in it, then why are people so harsh to bring it down? Its like no one has anything better to do than bash other TV shows. I know it is a review website, but "critics" need to give it an actual review instead of saying "the series is so overrated so Im gonna give it lowest score" Seriously? Just cause something is popular and overated doesn't make it terrible. There are plotholes, just like in every TV series and every Movie (some more than others). But if your gonna just watch the show to scan for plotholes instead of actually enjoy the show, then just don't watch it in fact don't watch any show because you will just ruin it for yourself.

To wrap up my statement, this is just my opinion. The best way to decide if you like the new season or not is by watching it yourself, not by reading a review. Thank you for the time to read this! Whether you agree with me or not, thats is ok with me! Take care, and have a wonderful day!
  6. Nov 25, 2013
    The tension in this series never lets you down. The script is coherent, the performances are more than convincing and, in my opinion, the best of it all: the excellent work of make up. The fourth season is as good as the previous ones. Congratulations to all the people behind The Walking Dead
  7. Dec 12, 2013
    The end of the first half of this season left me emotionally drained, and all the better for it. The season seemed oddly structured as it was progressing, but any show that can get me so engaged with fate of the characters gets my highest vote.
  8. Nov 9, 2013
    The Walking dead is one of the greatest series i've ever seen, only Breaking Bad is on same level. Right from actors, story, drama and character development its just great! Many think that there isnt enough action but then people dont understand what the walking dead is about. This show is about people and thats happens to them in when the world goes under.
  9. Oct 14, 2013
    Definitely the strongest series opening presented by The Walking Dead so far, probably down to the episode being written by Scott M. Gimple, who has arguably written the best episodes of the show ('Clear' and '18 Miles Out' being fantastic examples). I was surprised to find it with an 87 rating on Metacritic on Friday, but now I have seen the episode I am even more surprised that theDefinitely the strongest series opening presented by The Walking Dead so far, probably down to the episode being written by Scott M. Gimple, who has arguably written the best episodes of the show ('Clear' and '18 Miles Out' being fantastic examples). I was surprised to find it with an 87 rating on Metacritic on Friday, but now I have seen the episode I am even more surprised that the rating has dipped to 77. Absolutely fantastic. Expand
  10. Dec 3, 2013
    If you've not seen the half season finale, I will not spoil it by stating who lives or dies, but my biggest complaint is the inability of some to hit the broadside of a barn with heavy artilery, so to speak. And the amazing bullet stopping ability of certain office furniture (the magic file cabinet, table,etc.). Other than that, a fine resolution for the first half.
  11. Oct 13, 2013
    Season 4 is off to a great start! Like any episode of TWD that can be considered great, there's a great balance between zombie action and characterization. The pacing was very good and I never felt like the episode was moving too slow or fast. You can tell season 4 has a bigger budget, given how improved the gore and overall effects look compared to past seasons. Seriously, how killer wasSeason 4 is off to a great start! Like any episode of TWD that can be considered great, there's a great balance between zombie action and characterization. The pacing was very good and I never felt like the episode was moving too slow or fast. You can tell season 4 has a bigger budget, given how improved the gore and overall effects look compared to past seasons. Seriously, how killer was that grocery story sequence? I was very satisfied overall with the premiere and I can't wait to see what's next! Expand
  12. Nov 1, 2013
    I have loved every minute of seasons 1 through 3. The fresh overall concept had me hooked from the minute Rick Grimes crawled into the tank in Season 1. Season 4's first 3 episodes have left me feeling kinda "...meh" in relation to the previous season's offerings.

Maybe I'm done with the prison, maybe I'm not ready to accept Rick being a passive follower, and maybe there are just too many characters to follow.

Yes, it's all of those, but they all pale in comparison to the biggest problem I see: the virus. A show as viscerally, violently entertaining as this CANNOT resort to a virus as its menacing threat. It is just too boring... Many people complained about the farm in season 2, and its slower paced storytelling, but this is lurching along so slowly that they'll need 10 episodes to move past with it....too long..
    I LOVE story lines that make you think, but the virus is about as played out a notion as there can be. It's been done to .....well, to death. I hope they move out, and on to wilder, scarier things. I've always thought that the things humans do to each other is far scarier than anything mother nature and/or a virus could do.
  13. Oct 13, 2013
    The Walking Dead has never been the best tv show, but it some truly spectacular episodes like Days gone by and Killer Within that show what the could be if it tried. I not am saying that the other episodes are really bad, in fact they are pretty good. The 1st episode of the 4th season while most people will hate on for not adding more to the plot, is more a glimpse at the daily lives ofThe Walking Dead has never been the best tv show, but it some truly spectacular episodes like Days gone by and Killer Within that show what the could be if it tried. I not am saying that the other episodes are really bad, in fact they are pretty good. The 1st episode of the 4th season while most people will hate on for not adding more to the plot, is more a glimpse at the daily lives of the groups, to know that when true conflict starts, why the hell they are so tense and what they consider to be their current "normal" lives.. The intro action scene, is one of the most absurd yet, but still keeps a foot in reality like most of the series. The favorites amongst the actors are still here and doing what they do best. Reedus is still the sexy bad ass that he always was, Yeun is still bringing a bit of soul and joy to the grim series, and Cohan is still hot. The show isn't high art and won't replace Breaking Bad, Rectify or Game of Thrones, but dammit it is still enjoyable Expand
  14. Nov 24, 2013
    The Walking Dead is a great show and an even better graphic novel. The first and second seasons of the show are by far the best. The current (fourth) season of the show leaves me feeling like I am always being hung over a cliff waiting for the next big thing to happen, but it just never comes. I really hope that the show continues to progress through the story and doesn't flicker out inThe Walking Dead is a great show and an even better graphic novel. The first and second seasons of the show are by far the best. The current (fourth) season of the show leaves me feeling like I am always being hung over a cliff waiting for the next big thing to happen, but it just never comes. I really hope that the show continues to progress through the story and doesn't flicker out in the fifth season, but judging by how the story is progressing now, that just may be the case. That being said: This is one of the best television series that I have ever watched and like I said earlier, an even better graphic novel (hint hint pick them up) Expand
  15. Nov 22, 2013
    AMC better get it's stuff straight now. They keep getting rid of all the talented writers and producers and this is what happens. Killing off characters we don't care about is not drama, it's a bad zombie movie. Glenn and Maggie are becoming less and less relevant to me and I just care about Rick and The Governor. Morrissey continues to portray one of television's most interestingAMC better get it's stuff straight now. They keep getting rid of all the talented writers and producers and this is what happens. Killing off characters we don't care about is not drama, it's a bad zombie movie. Glenn and Maggie are becoming less and less relevant to me and I just care about Rick and The Governor. Morrissey continues to portray one of television's most interesting villains in the last 15 years. But man, it's time to start getting "dramatic" with it. I want to the Gov get his revenge already. Expand
  16. Oct 15, 2013
    LOL, as user below me said "best show on TV." That's without a doubt. I didn't think they'd go beyond the first season at first but it's definitely turned out to be more promising than some of "best" shows like Dexter and Breaking Bad. More suspense and GORE. I like the GORE. A lot.
  17. Nov 23, 2013
    This show has slowly developed into one of the three or four best shows on TV these days, which is saying a lot in this new Golden Age. The writing has gotten smarter and wiser with each new episode, the acting has settled into mostly solid with smatterings of excellence, and the character development is top notch. None of the parts, though, really accounts for the sum, which isThis show has slowly developed into one of the three or four best shows on TV these days, which is saying a lot in this new Golden Age. The writing has gotten smarter and wiser with each new episode, the acting has settled into mostly solid with smatterings of excellence, and the character development is top notch. None of the parts, though, really accounts for the sum, which is absolutely great. It is probably the Governor who puts this over the top here, an excellent character played to pitch perfection by David Morrissey. ...Hands up if you knew he was actually British. Expand
  18. Oct 14, 2013
    While the first 10 minutes or so had some atrocious dialogue and acting, it improved as it went on and made for a decent episode of a show with bi-polar quality.
  19. Jan 20, 2014
    The Walking Dead first premiered on Halloween. The show is not that scary. At times, there is graphic language. Every episode has a twist at the end. It's a good show. It's not only horrific, but it has action and adventure. zombies!
  20. Nov 3, 2013
    Amazing first few episodes. Rick and the gang are faced with all new threats. Now all we need is the Governor. So far many conflicts and character building. So far amazing and its getting better and better!!!!! TEAM DARYL!!!!!!!
  21. Oct 14, 2013
    Everything seems to be perfect in the prison, vegetation is growing (for the most part) and everyone is getting along. Though in the end, like all the past seasons, it just too good to be true. This episode is great in setting up what is to come this season but it felt like it was already done. Sometimes love story can be overdone and unnecessary. It is actually nice though to see Rick andEverything seems to be perfect in the prison, vegetation is growing (for the most part) and everyone is getting along. Though in the end, like all the past seasons, it just too good to be true. This episode is great in setting up what is to come this season but it felt like it was already done. Sometimes love story can be overdone and unnecessary. It is actually nice though to see Rick and Carl finally communicating. However, Carl still needs to put in place. Expand
  22. Oct 17, 2013
    OK. I get why other people think this show is overrated. Those people are actually those who watch the show thinking about what other people think about the show and not about what the show offers. As someone who has seen this series and all its seasons, the attachment that I linked with the characters and their minds overwhelms the idea that a lot of people watch this because its appealOK. I get why other people think this show is overrated. Those people are actually those who watch the show thinking about what other people think about the show and not about what the show offers. As someone who has seen this series and all its seasons, the attachment that I linked with the characters and their minds overwhelms the idea that a lot of people watch this because its appeal to human emotions (fear, regret, rejection, redemption) is magnified. Expand
  23. Oct 21, 2013
    We are two episodes in and people are ripping it all apart. IT takes time to develop. It was stated by the creators that the show would be very character based this season. It's doing a great job so far. One of the best shows in TV history.
  24. Jan 27, 2014
    Damn good show. Always anxious for Sunday nite to arrive. Good cast. Never predictable - that's what I like. Hope it stays for awhile. I can't stand when a good show gets cancelled. Keep it coming!
  25. Nov 27, 2013
    I'm very much liking the shift of focus away from the prison and on to "Brian" aka "The Governor." The storyline focusing on Rick not knowing whether he should be the leader is getting stale, but the Governor brings so much heat to the series.
  26. Oct 22, 2013
    Two episodes in, I must say that I am genuinely impressed. The 3rd season was in my eyes a complete disappointment. The writing was awful, there was too much filler, and the show was quite simply put:Dull. Though I can't speak for the quality for the rest of the season, I must say that season 4 is off to a great start. The show feels darker,creepier and there's a lingering sense of dreadTwo episodes in, I must say that I am genuinely impressed. The 3rd season was in my eyes a complete disappointment. The writing was awful, there was too much filler, and the show was quite simply put:Dull. Though I can't speak for the quality for the rest of the season, I must say that season 4 is off to a great start. The show feels darker,creepier and there's a lingering sense of dread and despair in the air. The zombies are a bigger threat now, as well as another factor that really switches everything up.There's a bigger emphasis placed on the characters, and the dialogue feels much more natural than it did before. Do I consider The Walking Dead to be a top tier drama like say Breaking Bad,Boardwalk Empire, or Mad Men? Absolutely not, and it will never be. But it's a good show with incredible production values, solid cast and moody,dreary visuals.I am not sure about it's future, but so far so good. Expand
  27. Nov 30, 2013
    This season starts SLOW. Probably the slowest start of any season. However, after the introductory subplot that takes place over the first half dozen or so episodes, the story really picks up a lot. I admit the first episodes don't engage like previous seasons, the story is so much better now. If you're struggling through the beginning of the season, stick with it, it is worth it.

Great

Great show though, the writing and acting is spot on. In order for a survival show to work, you have to care about the survivors. Walking Dead Season 4 continues what the previous seasons expertly accomplished by making you care about and love the characters. When people die (and they do), you feel something.
  28. Nov 4, 2013
    It's only been 4 episodes but so far "The Walking Dead" is off to a great 4th season. After the disaster that was the second half of season 3, it's nice to see that the show is back to focusing on the zombies. Dumb writing still plagues this season and characters still act moronic, but it's still a highly enjoyable show. Action is gorier than ever and the new sickness sweeping through theIt's only been 4 episodes but so far "The Walking Dead" is off to a great 4th season. After the disaster that was the second half of season 3, it's nice to see that the show is back to focusing on the zombies. Dumb writing still plagues this season and characters still act moronic, but it's still a highly enjoyable show. Action is gorier than ever and the new sickness sweeping through the prison, as well as other places, brings several big questions to the table that the show can tease us with. So The Walking Dead is still worth watching. I do have my complaints with it, like the idiotic writing and the shows apparent fear of adding any new characters that didn't com from the comics, but I'm really enjoying it. I'll update my review at a later time if I feel the show has either increased or decreased in quality. Expand
  29. Nov 30, 2013
    Season 4 they really picked up the speed and more zombies and nice little steady plot holding everything together.Season 4 gives viewers none stop unpredictable action and give you a nightmares that you stuck in zombie apocalyptic era.
  30. Nov 21, 2013
    Scott Zimple has made TWD more gory and horrifying. Which makes it better but I prefer Darabont better. TWD is back with its goriest season yet! Rick Grimes is shooting more walkers and Shane is hitting on Lori. Better bros! Zimple was okay at direction, and the cast gave good acting but there is not a strong plot fixed and it gets boring easily. But TWD is still awesome, so is season 4.

1. Reviewed by: Emily Nussbaum
    Jan 3, 2014
    The Walking Dead might have been one of [the ambitious modern horror series], using a grotesque story to go deep, letting grief and repulsion rile and unsettle us. Instead, it stumbles forward, disguised as prestige TV but devoid of a soul.
  2. Reviewed by: Tim Goodman
    Oct 14, 2013
    If the first two episodes are any indication, not only is the series not missing a beat, it's actually growing into itself to allow new storytelling possibilitie
  3. Reviewed by: Mike Hale
    Oct 11, 2013
    The challenge with any extended zombie narrative is striking the right balance between gut-munching action and undergraduate philosophy seminar, and the first two episodes this season are pretty talky.