• Network: AMC
  • Series Premiere Date: Oct 31, 2010
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4
8.4

1. Mar 30, 2012
    Even though its only seven episodes (7). season 1 was a great season. it gives us the tactics on how to survive a zombie apocalypse. Instant classic
  2. Mar 20, 2012
    A pretty solid show, Will definenty watch season 2. The huge flaw of this season is lack of episodes, It allows little developement of story lines and characters so everything is really fast paced. Its still an enjoyable show though.
  3. Mar 5, 2012
    I can't stand people hating this for no reason, this is one of the best shows i have ever seen. No one, and i repeat no one have ever done this before, getting the whole zombie apocalypse plot and putting it together for a TV show with such brilliance is just amazing. I wasn't sure i'll ever watch this show but i did somehow just to see if i like it and since then i am a big fan. This show is brilliantly paced and acted with many scenes that gives you heart stopping thrills and chills. The good thing is that it is written perfectly so it doesn't comes off as a cheap show with Zombies and all. Just brilliant. Expand
  4. Feb 16, 2012
    This is by far one of the best shows of all time. It ranks second on my list of best TV shows of all time behind only Firefly. There is so many things that I love with the show, the one that I love the most are the characters. You can actually see them grow and feel for them. This is not one of those unrealistic zombie shoot 'em show, this is a realistic survival show which is amazing. Every waking moment of this show I am on the edge of my seat anticipation whats going to happen next. Expand
  5. Feb 22, 2012
    what a great show! I have just caught up with the 2nd season now and it is probably better than the 1st already! why I only give it a 9 though is because the first season was maybe too short and also I didn't enjoy the last episode at all..so that's a 9 for season 1 and a 10 for season 2 so far!
  6. Mar 8, 2012
    After an overall solid first series yet a slow start to series 2, thw walking dead has finally reclaimed itself in my top 5 series of current times. Tension has been built up, the group is falling apart, things are getting epic again and i can't wait for the next 2 episodes.
  7. Jan 8, 2013
    Simplistic and brilliantly crafted. Excellent character development and the acting is top notch. The only points against it are the slow pacing and the fact that Laurie is the most annoying character ever conceived on television.
  8. Mar 21, 2012
    if you say you hate the show you are lying through your teeth, even a zombie hater cant hate this serial drama, it can stand alone on its own merit, unlike most media adaptations based on interpreted source material.
  9. Mar 25, 2012
    This is a 10 out of 10. Acting is pretty good. Not slot of score but still. Story/adaption is great. It's so intense, it's just great. I think it was robbed in the Emmys. You couldn't ask for an even better beginning. Can't wait for the next season.
  10. Feb 28, 2013
    I finally gave in an watched the fist season of “The Walking Dead.” And you know what? It’s actually a really good show. The writing is strong and tackles themes of humanity, togetherness, and of survival/death. The show is incredibly involving and makes us care for each individual character. Actors do a great job and their performances are convincing. Not once do they lose sight of the character. It is not only a well acted or written show, but also a really well made one with high production values not normally seen on TV. From the make up to the use of special effects, it is really well put together.

The first two episodes are alright, but generally slowly paced a bit confusing to be honest. However, from episode 3 and onwards the show has you hooked. The emotions are there and the sense of isolation. Every time a character wonders off, you only hope they come back alive. A lot of emotional stuff happens towards the end of the season and to say that I wasn’t tearing up a bit would be a horrible lie. The season finally is really good and really tackles a lot of the main themes of the show such as survival and accepting death. The best thing about it is that it gets us excited for what’s to come.

Overall, “The Walking Dead” is a really great show with compelling characters and strong writing. It challenges its viewers without talking down to them. It has a lot of emotional moments, but doesn’t just bask in the melodrama. There are well paced moments of action, but above all else a great sense of suspense and isolated ambiance. I give it a really strong 4/5, great writing and relateable characters with exciting action.

I am super excited for the next season. I would have given it a higher rating, but I didn’t really care for the first two episodes. However, I am now officially a fan. Lets go season 2!
  11. Dec 15, 2012
    I'll give this a 9/10 because the pacing of the first part of the Second Season was way too sloppy, I understand the need of them discussing morals, and I like that, but the plot doesn't move forward during those 5-ish episodes, the first part is awesome and the school part too, but the plot just stays still.

I love this series, and now it has an antagonist which is badass, and I also
    loved how they would discuss morals in both the first and second season, this is going great Expand
  12. Apr 1, 2012
    Although they should've added more episodes than just 6, on the other hand The Walking Dead: Season 1 is breath-taking and one of the best shows for Television.
  13. Jul 22, 2012
    Being a fan of the comics I had to see the series. Its nothing like the comics except for characters, guys waking up in a hospital and other stuff. But it still is great on how they do it``(sometimes even better then the comic). Despite its not like the comic, this is a great tv show. The Walking Dead: Season 1 8.6/10
  14. Apr 16, 2012
    Simply put amazing, outstanding a must watch series for anybody my mum loves it lol also check out this awesome walking dead blog!
  15. Dec 5, 2013
    La primera temporada de esta serie merece la pena, buena historia contada con buen ritmo y con grandes escenas, el viajar por un país lleno de muertos vivientes ofrece muchas posibilidades de hacer una gran serie.
  16. May 20, 2012
    i love this show and i hope it always gets good ratings and hope it goes on for a long time......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... Expand
  17. Oct 31, 2013
    It's plain and simple. Very boring. Some horrible acting and terrible subplots really hurt the show. It's also nothing like the comic, which are honestly far superior. It gets 3 points for having good special effects.
  18. Oct 21, 2012
    By far, one of the best shows on currently on cable, season one of 'The Walking Dead' manages to bring out the vibrant characters, set pieces, and palpable tension of the graphic novels, while not loosing the appeal in the transition to the medium of TV. Week after week we may find ourselves returning, not solely for the promise of zombies and gore (which are delivered in spades here, by the way), but for the lived-in, realistic drama of these troubled characters and their plights. Its a shame that the vast dramatic territory explored through the post-apocalyptic universe hasn't been charted yet (if it has, it hasn't been given justice apparently), and The Walking Dead makes for a great argument for the continuation of the horror genre. A great show that should please everyone (save for the squeamish, maybe). Expand
  19. Jul 5, 2012
    Full of emotion, action and zombies. Combine it and you will get "The Walking Dead". It totally takes me into the story, the feelings of characters and everything.
  20. Feb 9, 2014
    The series got off to a stellar start! The pilot was absolutely perfectly done. The show also know how to strike a good blend between character development and amazing gory violence. So far so good.
  21. Jul 14, 2012
    Simply the best series I have seen in a long time. The pace is fast, which I like. I actually care about the characters. The zombie makeup is stellar. The plot, borrowed from a comic, is riviting. This series is the Gold Standard against which other action series should be held. It exceeds my expectations in every area (except maybe musical score) and is far and away better than many theatrical releases on the zombie genre. I also watched season two, and the progression of the character development during this and the next season is truly amazing. HATS OFF TO ALL INVOLVED IN THIS PRODUCTION. Expand
  22. Jul 28, 2013
    A very gripping, emotional, intense journey through the zombie-infested state of Georgia. You will grow attached to these people (well, maybe not some of them!) and care for their fate. A good watch.
  23. Sep 28, 2012
    This is easily one of the best shows on TV. People who don't like this usually complain that zombies are not in it enough. This show is not about the zombies. If you read the comics, or watched the show you get that The Walking Dead refers to the people who are alive more than the zombies themselves. They are doing nothing, but postponing their inevitable demise. This is a show about people in a post apocalyptic world, and it does such and excellent job of showing the changes that occur in people when something like this happen. If you are not a fan of gore, then it might be hard to watch, but if you are willing to close your eyes every now and then to miss a head being smashed in, then by all means watch it. This is a MUST watch. Expand
  24. Oct 7, 2013
    The Walking Dead is overall a very good show (season 1,2,3) but the first ever season is by far the best and if the writers (who replaced the old ones) were able to improve on it I truly believe it could have been one of the greatest shows ever. Other than Ozymandias (Breaking Bad), the first episode of season 1 is probably the best episode of television I have ever watched.

As for
    Season 1 in general, it was absolutely fantastic. It got me shouting at the TV with the jumps, the crazy moments and the sad moments. The characters were great, the story line was believable and the direction the show was heading could have ended up being up there with Breaking Bad and Game Of Thrones.

But with the writers being fired for Season 2 on wards, there is a noticeable difference between S1 and S2/S3. It has become so average, the story seems to be going no where which is disappointing. But dont get me wrong, The Walking Dead is one of my favorite shows, but I can't help but think it could have been an all time great if it built up from the brilliant season 1.

The Walking Dead Season 1: 10/10
  25. Jul 29, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. AMAZING! Everything I would expect but more! The suspense through the first season was awesome and the writers painted an amazing picture of the zombie apocalypse and how bad things were. Every character has it's own personality which makes you wonder as the show goes on how they will clash with other members of there camp. Every character can be related to in some aspect which makes it that more exciting to watch cause you think you know what the survivors will do next. The story always leads to new hope and also leads to great losses as well. Expand
  26. Aug 1, 2012
    A great example of what most horror media should be like. Not something jumping at your face and just trying to scare you for the point of just being scary. This show has a lot of depth and characters to relate to. Often at times I completely forget I am watching a show because the acting is so well done. I must admit I'm not a huge fan of horror, but this show is still really enjoyable for me to watch. The zombies in it are exactly what zombies should be and they did them perfectly. A great show and I would recommend it to most. Expand
  27. Dec 28, 2012
    This series, is absolutely amazing, it challenges you intellectually, and can affect you as a person. The acting is great, and the cinematography is amazing, as an aspiring film director and actor myself, this show has been greatly useful. I'd like to use a quote from someone else's review: 'the survivors' ultimate plan: bore the zombies death by spending two-thirds of every episode discussing their feelings.' What else would you suppose they do? Have a party in the middle of the street, then all of them die and the series is one episode long? These reviewers are ridiculous and have no idea what a good TV series is. Expand
  28. Jan 21, 2013
    Breaking bad and the walking dead are one of the best shows on tv now.They have one of the best suitable actors for comic characters ever.The show has a great story and great story telling.I recommend this tv show for zombie movie, lovers and other people who like action and good story.My final verdict for this show is a 10-10 whit a seal of badass approval.
  29. Apr 28, 2013
    Best zombie apocalypse series. All the things happening makes you think about what's going to happen next. The cast is good, the performance of the actors are simply perfect for every situation, watch the 1st episode and be ready to watch all the others seasons!
  30. Sep 1, 2012
    I didn't thought this series was that good. I watched it and I enjoyed it - that's the main part. And then I found out why it was this good. It's based on a comic book. It's pretty darn good. I love the characters, though I had some trouble with Rick's wife and Shane. This series is definitely in the current top 10.
  31. Oct 27, 2012
    First season was superb compared to season two. There was little too much drama going on and the story proceeded very slowly. I recommend reading the comic books which are far more better then the TV show.
  32. Sep 19, 2012
    A diamond in the rough; one of the few shows that uses fantasy amazingly as a background to explore the complex human nature and their reactions to horrifying and post-apocalyptic events, whilst still maintaining a dose of suspense and gory head-smashing action that will leave you on the edge of your seat.
    With never-ending drama, deaths, emotions, friendships and intense adventures, The
    Walking Dead really is a show for everyone's taste. Expand
  33. Oct 21, 2012
    The comic (and the episodic game, for that matter) are better. 100%. Any fan of the show should check out the comic and is missing out if they haven't. That said, I do LIKE the show (so far, after seeing Season 1). There are some really interesting new ideas, like what happens in the Season finale and how some of the stuff plays out differently. Not all the changes are for the best though. The pacing is really off, especially the first episode (which is weaker than the rest of the Season, overall), Shane really isn't interesting enough to become a main character, that I definitely found regrettable. And even that which they took from the comics... well, some of the hammy acting actually makes the unfortunate awkward idiosyncracies of Kirkman's writing show, rather than highlighting how strong it can be at times. But despite these complaints, the show is enjoyable. A zombie apocalypse is rife with the kind of ongoing human drama that can sustain a series and I'm surprised that it hasn't been done before. So, despite its flaws (and it is flawed), the show ends up being really unique and worth a watch, although I would recommend the comic universe as the superior "Walking Dead" media. Expand
  34. Mar 13, 2013
    Rarely does a show start off with such a bang. The Pilot is near-perfect showcase of the potential greatness of this show. While the subsequent episodes aren't as good, the final episode is an emotional rollercoaster and wraps the season up nicely. 8.5/10
  35. Oct 27, 2012
    Easily one of the best shows on TV at the moment. The show delivers massively intense scenes with each episode. The danger surrounding our characters in everything they do keeps you on the edge of your seat. The acting is fantastic. The make-up and effects department are probably the best I've ever seen.
    The one downside to the show is the writing of certain characters, specifically
    females, however the majority of characters are brilliant. The Walking Dead not only refers to its realistic zombies AKA Walkers, but the minds and soul of our characters and how the world around them effects their declining morality. Expand
  36. Oct 27, 2012
    This is one of the two best shows on TV. This first season was great and it keeps getting better & better. The 3rd season is starting off to be a hell of a ride. I dont know what some of these reviewers are talking about not caring about the characters; I like the show because of the character development! I was not into watching TV shows every week until I got into The Walking Dead & Breaking Bad. These shows are like having 30+ hour movies! Expand
  37. Nov 7, 2012
    La mejor serie que he visto en mucho tiempo, fiel a los comics en muchos casos, escrita totalmente por Robert Kirkman, con drama, muertes que lo hacen una serie inesperada, inclusion de nuevos personajes como Daryl, una trama que se pueded seguir facilmente en ciertos puntos, una obra maestra.
  38. Dec 30, 2013
    O começo de uma das séries mais emocionantes da tv fantástica, The Walking Dead rompe todos os patamar e se estabelece com uma boa trama e ótimos personagens.
  39. Nov 7, 2012
    This show pist me off how the writer made everyone make stupid decisions except the Korean boy. He is the only character who makes sense. This show gives me headache and it bothers me that I commit my self to always finish what I start watching. I hate every character in this series dumb asses.
  40. Nov 8, 2012
    Honestly, I have never seen a movie with a zombie apocalypse that is more interesting, thrilling, breath-taking than this TV Series. AMC really did succeed on bringing entertainment through the film. I haven't seen the comic books. Maybe that's why I got thrilled all the time. Talking about actors and their performances, one word: Legitimately magnificent.
  41. Jul 14, 2013
    This is quite frankly the magnum opus of the zombie genre. If you're looking for thrills and spectacular special effects, this show is for you. The makeup work is entirely without flaw, if zombies were real, this show portrays exactly what they'd look like, no hokiness to be had here. However, the story and drama has become merely average compared to the first season.
  42. Nov 28, 2012
    A really good show but other shows are better i do like the killings and action and ppl dying but some of the characters are annoying as shotttttttttt
  43. Dec 1, 2012
    To be truthful, i havent read the comics. I dont think its fair to right off a series based on how well they have copied the comic from which it is adapted from. The Walking Dead is a an excellently filmed series with accurate characters. The series may have suffered in terms of popularity in the first and second season because the plot and the story was still developing. Apocalyptic series or films have been known to take long to develop a story, like the film Resident Evil which has along sequel. The plot is great and I think we'l get a good 10 seasons Expand
  44. Apr 27, 2013
    Great first season. Very fast paced and action packed six episodes with tight excellent plotting. Thankfully, the season ended on a high note with almost no filler. Every episode counted in the overall story arc. The premise is age old and unoriginal, but the execution was impeccable. The main characters were fleshed out pretty decently. Oddly, my favorite character thus far has been the redneck with the crossbow, who always comes in handy to the group in tight spots. Expand
  45. Mar 25, 2013
    I don't understand how this hasn't got a higher score. The best show on TV in my opinion. More gripping and emotionally involving than anything else out there right now.
  46. Jan 27, 2013
    Can there be a QUALITY show with loads of violence featuring zombies? You'll know that answer when you watch The Walking Dead. I fell in love almost immediately. Solid characters and great pacing really elevate the show.
  47. Dec 5, 2012
    Just like tens of millions of Americans across the nation, I have been infected by AMC
  48. Dec 14, 2012
    With season 1, the Walking Dead set itself up as a show far different then almost anything else on television. Though it had its share of hokey moments, the suspense that was built was truly remarkable. Great dialogue, wonderful acting, and an interesting plot all made this one of my favorite shows of all time.
  49. Dec 23, 2012
    The walking dead is an interesting take on the lives of survivors and what happens when rules and regulations they have clinged on to disappear as a strange virus/disease/whatever takes over, raising the dead and turning them into hungry abominations. The Walking Dead is more about the psychological aspects and how humans deal with these issues. While the zombies are a threat, they are not the main focus of the show.

I think the show is really great, though the special effects are really poor in the first Season and most of the second. By the third season, it's obvious the budget has greatly improved. There are some lulls, and there seems to be a bit of filler, but the series does a good job of following the comics and such (Or vice versa?).

Perhaps the biggest complaint I have is how big a crackshot each of the survivors seem to be. Give them a gun, and they're scoring headshots left and right. The show addresses this a bit, but it's obvious you need to "Accept it as is" to keep the story moving on, as it's only a minor complaint.

All in all, it is an entertaining adventure and seeing the survivor's minds decay faster than the dead around them is what you can expect if you go into it.

If you like zombies, drama and post-apocalyptic worlds, this series is for you.
  50. Dec 26, 2012
    I enjoyed the 1st season, I watched it n dvd and when a series makes you want to start the next episode back to back then that must be a good indicator that you are hooked and entertainment level is high, definitely one the best apocalypse genre I've seen on TV, wish they spent more time on flashbacks though.
  51. Mar 25, 2013
    I'm sure not everyone will agree. but this is my favorite tv show of all time. I first watched episode one of this TV show in school during media, and it just made me eager to watch on. The story line is amazing, so much tension involved. PEACE to WAR in a couple of minuted. Then an ambush of zombies, what else could you want. The special effects are also amazing. Would recommend that everyone watched it but before you do start from season one, episode one so you get the drift of the story line. Expand
  52. Jan 13, 2013
    Absolutely breath-taking. I have only been watching the show since the end of season two, and I got addicted to watching it. The realism of it needs to go up a little bit, the actors are not too good. I just didn't see any improvement in their acting, especially when tears are shed. That is something that definitely needs put into work for the next season. This is my favorite show on AMC, and probably my fifth favorite show all together. I highly recommend watching it if you're into dramas and science-fiction. Especially if you love hearing about zombies as a topic (no pun intended). Highly recommended. Expand
  53. Feb 19, 2013
    People who negative most think Jersey Shore is a well produced... otherwise they need glasses and hearing aids.

This show is the BEST thing on Network TV, if you think otherwise good for you, but coming here to leave 0's when you prob saw one episode without watching the rest does nothing for people who want to watch it from the beginning you scumbags.
  54. Jun 28, 2013
    I love this tv show people need too stop hate-ing on this show there is tons too like and if like. Zombies you will definitely want too check it out if you have not already.
  55. Jan 21, 2013
    A great but short beginnning of a benchmark-setting series telling the story of former sheriff deputy Rick Grimes who wakes up from a coma finding out nothing's like it used to be before. The only thing he wants now is finding and look after his wife and son. This is not just a series about zombies or the "walkers". This is a series about how people act when the world around them comes to an end. This is a series about getting to know all the different characters, learning to understand their thoughts, their feelings and then crying over them suddenly passing away. A world where not the walkers are the main enemies humanity has to face: Humanity has to face itself. Expand
  56. Dec 26, 2013
    An amazing show, always managing to outperform itself as it gets better and better, throughout the seasons.
    hopefully it will be a very long time before it is finished.
  57. Nov 21, 2013
    The Walking Dead is scary, thrilling and bloody brilliant. The acting is great, and the special effects are mesmerizing. TWD makes us realize that horror can be this effective and scary. While not as good as Breaking Bad, TWD has a good story, interesting characters such as Glenn and Rick with the awesome Dale, it makes its spot for an awesome tv show this season.
  58. Feb 24, 2013
    Brilliant TV show. I did not start watching it until late in 2012 and was very surprised at how good it is. Interesting characters, well-crafted setting, the zombies look great. Plenty of human drama to complement the action.
  59. Feb 21, 2013
    The series had a good start, it was looking promising, but got lost along the way. The HQ is extremely good, it really catches your attention, but the TV series lack all the drama, the horror and the intelligence the comic books have. It really isn't worth it.
  60. Mar 25, 2013
    In AMC's "The Walking Dead", you see some of the most developing and complex characters in television history. Based mainly on the comicbooks with some twists of its own the serie drags you into its world and makes you feel how these people have to survive. When the action is there, it's fresh and yet heart-pounding, and when it's not it will keep you glued to your screen because of the interresting dialog and stunning acting performances, especially from Norman reedus as Daryl Dixon a fan favorite. Expand
  61. Nov 9, 2013
    The Walking dead is one of the greatest series i've ever seen, only Breaking Bad is on same level. Right from actors, story, drama and character development its just great! Many think that there isnt enough action but then people dont understand what the walking dead is about. This show is about people and thats happens to them in when the world goes under.
  62. Mar 7, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The first season of The Walking Dead is a fantastic introduction to a new world overrun by zombies. In the first episode of the season we are really given the scope and magnitude of the infection. Frank Darabont made a fantastic choice in developing this idea from the comic page to the small screen. With producers like this show has, how could it possibly fail!

From the streets of Atlanta to the offices of the CDC, we don't just encounter zombies but we get a refreshing taste of drama! The character interactions in this series is fantastically portrayed and the acting gives it a realism you rarely get from other programs!

If you haven't watched this series, you haven't lived! (So to speak...)
  63. Mar 18, 2013
    A very good pilot, an average first season, then it really got boring and repetitive.
    When I thought second season was terrible, third came and it went even worse.

This show is all about people arguing, they do nothing interesting, there is no real apocalyptic feeling watching it. I really did my best to keep watching it in the hope of it getting better, but I give up, this show is
    hopeless from directing to acting to the screenplay, I just can't watch it anymore, it's painful. Expand
  64. Apr 23, 2013
    Ok, so this show is by no means a 10 or a 1, it's not in the red or yellow either. This show has extremely believable qualities from acting to the effects, however it is not as hype as they say. Yeah it's good but not super. I mean Zombieland is more interesting to watch. But for hardcore fans of zombies you will really like this it's hard to get attached to any character the only time I actually felt sadden was like 3 times. The little girl turned zombie, the kid having to kill his mom while she was giving birth, when that guy was shot while they stayed at that farm. Thats it, also like the other hyped up show Pretty Little Liars these shows can be hard to watch cause they would take long times getting to a point or climax. At lease with PLL it's always giving us a since that there being watched. I have stopped watching the show. I mean I was suspended for a week and while I was at home and it was raining I saw the whole first season and thought damn thats good, then by the second episode of season 2 It got boring. My review is watch if you either like horror/zombies/or really good filming/effects. 6.5 Expand
  65. Nov 6, 2013
    I like the direction where this season is headed. Even though we spent all of last season with Rick's group hunkered down in the prison, it felt like a secure place to live, at least for now. Now, it feels like a prison and all that it implies. There was a bit of an Aushwitz feel to separating the sick from the non sick, and I'm sure there will be another outbreak soon. But like most, in the back of my mind, I keep thinking, where's the governor and when will he return??!! Expand
  66. Mar 23, 2013
    After sitting down and watching The Walking Dead Season 1, I'm not sure as to why so many people dislike it. I believe its because of the fact that they don't see this first season for what it is, Character Development. And great character development at that. This season was merely to build up the tension and prepare fans for the events in Season 2. This series revolves around the main protagonist, Rick Grimes and his band of survivors as they attempt to rebuild their lives in a post apocalyptic world full of the undead. As well as the undead they must also face off with bandits and psychos who are trying to claim the world for themselves. The Walking Dead has a knack for making you fall in love with a character and then having them die horribly in the next episode. Some sections of the show seem to drag on for a bit too long and may leave you a bit uninterested. The action scenes are executed perfectly and the zombies look and move as they should. Overall if you love other zombie filled franchises than your sure to love The Walking Dead. Expand
  67. Mar 24, 2013
    This show is truly intense in every standard. Thrills, suspense, drama, etc. It may not be so much a scary show, but you have to admit, it's one hell of a show. The zombies may be what makes the show suspensefull, but watching the people have to fight amongst each other not only shows great drama, but even thrills. Especially in season 3. I mean, watching the Governor being his bad, villanous self is what really brings in the thrills. I can't to see how season 3 will end. Overall, it's a tremendous zombie show. Truly TV's greatest thrilller. Expand
  68. Mar 26, 2013
    serie fantástica, com muito desfechos inesperados e em um universo totalmente impensado anteriormente, um simbolo da cultura pop atual, e acho que se perpetuara em muitos tempos!
  69. Apr 17, 2013
    Pretty good. I personally think it's a bit overhyped. But it's still good. One thing I will say though is how BS some of the action sequences are. There needs to be more attention to detail. When the actor's are shooting .44s AKs and 12 gauges there is no recoil. Just a flash and a body falls down in the distance.. Really? Most of the actors do their part pretty well. But you never really care about any of them. Sure you don't like that they die but you really don't care honestly. The last thing I'll say about it is how FREAKING TERRIBLE the character Rick Grimes is. The actor tries WAYYYYYYYYY too hard to be dramatic in every way possible to EVERYTHING. Way too over-dramatic. I swear to god the next time I hear "LUUUUUUUUOOOOOOORRAAAAAAY!!!!!!" with him lisping and drooling from the mouth trying to be dramatic I'm going to tear my ears off my head. And the way he acts Mr. Tuff "I'm the leader and I'm going to broaden my shoulders and act like I know what I'm doing".. That's Rick Grimes in a nutshell. And he's going to annoy the hell outta especially since he's the main character. Expand
  70. Mar 26, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. An excellent adaptation of Kirkman's 'The Walking Dead'. The TV series follows suit with the story of Rick Grimes as he journeys through the wasteland of North America. The show has grown in strength entering season 3 after a brief lull during season 2 Season 3 brings memorable characters such as The Governor to the fray as well as racking up the tension, emotion and the brutal kills. Expand
  71. Apr 4, 2013
    Season 1 of The Walking Dead is truly amazing for those who like the constant tension and anxiety of survival. The wake of the apocalyptic event truly entails a scenery that is both nostalgic and frightening. The pacing of the storyline, the character backgrounds and their emotional roller coasters are well-balanced leaving you wanting more. So don't be surprised when you catch yourself watching episode after episode. Expand
  72. Apr 26, 2013
    I am pleased with the route the series has taken with a spin off of the comic books. Keeps everyone suspenseful and leaves nobody safe. The direction of season 3 was questionable but with a new man in charge for season 4 and viewing some of the episodes he directed in season 3 I believe the series has a very bright future.
  73. May 11, 2013
    A very good start to the series. I'll take the first episode, as my favorite so far of the season. Without a doubt the best series of Zombies that can be found on television.
  74. Jun 4, 2013
    Great show. Provides a good balance between human drama and horror action. The acting is very good the effects are also great. The characters are all interesting and keep you interested for sure. This show can appeal to just about everyone. I would reccommend this in a heartbeat.
  75. May 14, 2013
    Really good stuff.
    The screenwriters of the walking dead did an fantastic job.They focus on the apocalyptic world and the live in it.The zombies are not the main feature but the give the series a little spice which makes it so enjoyable to watch.Good Work .
    Carry on.
  76. May 10, 2013
    The first show that I have smiled all the way though in a long time! Good work AMC and thank you Robert Kirkman
    Tony Moore
    Charlie Adlard
    For Creating A Phenomenon
  77. Oct 13, 2013
    The first season of Walking Dead finally brings back the zombie genre. With great acting, characters, editing, and pacing, this show is not afraid to go all out and kill off main characters. Here's to hoping that this show sticks around a while!
  78. Sep 29, 2013
    Saw this show a while ago, ad just decided to write a review for this season. Brilliant writing and acting all around. Very well paced, and unlike a lot of recent zombie shows/movies, there are some genuinely scary scenes. The season was amazing and I was instantly hooked.
  79. Jul 29, 2013
    Esta fue una buena temporada de "The Walking Dead", comenzo buena y termino mejor, me gusto la trama y el maquillaje que les pusieron a los zombies, tambien hay que destacar el vestuario.
  80. Oct 23, 2013
    Season 1 of the Walking Dead was a great way to launch this epic zombie series. While the story isn't exactly original (due to it being based on zombies) it's still a great enjoyment. There are loveable characters, very hated characters and enough drama to keep it interesting. To me, what keeps the Walking Dead alive are all the great characters. We've gotten so attached to our favorite characters, whether it's our protagonist or our token black guy or our favorite redneck, we don't want to see them go and want to watch how their new lives in this zombie filled world unfold. Overall, the first season of the Walking Dead is a good watch and I'd highly recommend it. Expand
  81. May 29, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Great show, good acting zombie make up is great, the location from season 1 to season 3 is great all characters are great the young boy in it takes a very good part but so do all the others roll on the next season Expand
  82. Dec 7, 2013
    Zombie aren't the sexiest creatures to date, at which they do live up to their name "The Walking Dead". The post-apocalyptic setting has been a overused figure, although this time around it stand out of the pack. This series is a great accomplishment being dynamic and engaging with it's far shares of scare-fest points -who's turning the doorknob?!- it's definitely extremely bloody, as zombie guts splatter all over the place like chunky borscht. Zombies fans will be impressed raring for more! Expand
  83. Jun 16, 2013
    I loved it but it was really sad that it was only six episodes? Truly disappointed. What surprised me was that from even the first season some people die. Really liked it. It keeps you interest for the next season. Extraorrdinary
  84. Aug 21, 2013
    Moderately entertaining. Season one is the only season that I found worth watching. The dialogue is too cheesy (pilot episode about women leaving the lights on for an example). The characters are really boring and don't show much emotion. Rick Grimes is not a good lead protagonist. Other shows have Walter White, Tyrion Lannister, or Tony Soprano. This has boring Rick Grimes who is surrounded by other boring characters. The show isn't scary either, and it hardly has zombies in it! The coolest parts of the show are with the zombies, and they aren't on screen that often. The pacing is dreadfully slow as well. Season two is when I was done with the show as they spent the entire season at a farm. Watch the first season, but I can't recommend that you watch anything past that. Expand
  85. Jun 14, 2013
    One of the most over rated tv shows in recent memory. It is still a decent show but some points make me cringe at how bad the acting is and the plot isn't the greatest. If The Walking Dead kept up with the awesomeness that was Pilot episode this would be a much better show. The Pilot was so well executed and the show just seemed to take a nose dive once Rick met up with the group. Seriously, go watch the Pilot and then compare it to a random episode. Expand
  86. Jun 18, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Little good shows these days especially ones that aren't sitcoms. But this show just captures all the good and bad (which there is a lot of) about the zombie apocalypse and surprisingly there is so much main deaths and it feels like there is protective barrier that keeps rick and Carl safe no matter what which spoils the show a bit, but still its so good Norman reeds has gained a lot of attention for his outstanding role as daryl everyone's favourite, and now I'm waiting for season 4 ROLL ON OCTOBER Expand
  87. Oct 11, 2013
    One of the most remarkable dramas on TV. Stunning, scary, disgusting, dramatic, suspenseful.........pure entertainment!!!! Don't miss it!!! Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus are the best in my opinion.
  88. Jul 27, 2013
    Conceptually, The Walking Dead had me sold from the very first episode. Zombie apocalypse, survival horror, intense drama between survivors...these are a few of my favorite things. Looking back on three seasons in the books, The Walking Dead peaked early and has hit a comfortable middle ground since. There are signs of things picking back up, as the 2nd and 3rd seasons almost feel like catalysts for what's bound to come next. Regardless, after three seasons, I feel comfortable in my opinion that this is the best non-HBO series to be found on television. Expand
  89. Oct 13, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. there is no logic in the series, the characters are stupid, just irritate their illogical behavior. There is no common sense, the actions of the survivors contradicting themselves. 1 of only 10 in the first series of the first season. Expand
  90. Aug 13, 2013
    This show is masterpiece. Every time I watch one episode, I want to go to the next episode. You get emotionally attached to the characters, and they kill them off, that makes you unpredictable of what is going to happen next
  91. Sep 13, 2013
    This first season in a nutshell has been very good, but with some ups and downs, I really liked the pilot episode, my favorite characters are Rick and Morgan, the series deviates much from the comic in which they are based, but I can not deny that have excellent makeup to characterize the zombies out excellent highlight Noah Emmerich as Dr. Edwin Jenner.
  92. Mar 24, 2014
    Season 1 was brilliant then everything went downhill afterwards. .....................................................................................
  93. Sep 17, 2013
    I don't understand all the hype for this show. I saw the first episode among others, and the show is kind of dull, to be honest. It has a lot of shots of Andrew Lincoln's confused face as the events in the first episode unfold, and a lot of confusion and devices to move the story long. It isn't a bad show, per se, but it definitely doesn't deserve all the hype it's been getting.
  94. Sep 24, 2013
    Amazing show! It has everything a zombie apocalypse show should have! The acting is outstanding and has an amazing storyline. It has you on edge always worried about each character and what is about to happen to the group next. Some episodes have even made me cry! Amazing! I'm going to write this for all 3 season because they all truly are brilliant! No complaints!
  95. Sep 26, 2013
    This show is awesome. But there are some parts where you question if this was the right way to go in terms of story and survival team co-existence and overall feeling. Nevertheless this show is worth your free time if you are into the whole zombie apocalypse theme and setting.
  96. Oct 28, 2013
    After watching all the seasons and including new episodes of season 4, I am really impressed. The acting isn't great but not bad. The story lines amazing, the zombie makeup is REVOLUTIONARY, and along with blood and gore, I would highly recommend this for zombie lovers and drama lovers.
  97. Oct 9, 2013
    Post Apocalyptic Zombies in a Television series. It's original, and what's not to like? Well, for starters, how about, the characters. Yes, the characters. The cast of the Walking Dead is so SO unlikable that after somehow managing to struggle through the first season before I gave up on it, I was rooting for the zombies. Women like this show because of Daryl, who is a good looking actor, but a horrible character, which I guess doesn't matter. At this point, I believe the reason the Walking Dead has becoming so popular among TV watchers is for the following few reasons, 1. Other people you know watch it and you want to talk about it with them, 2. It's not afraid to kill off cast members (thank god), 3. It has Zombies, and 4. It has zombies. I challenge you to tell me, in more than 5 words what about The Walking Dead is actually deserving of positive reviews. Lets talk about the "action" element of the show. How does one kill an enemy that doesn't posses the brain power to fight back? Well... you shoot it, or you chop it's head off while it stands there. Very static. How do zombies kill you? They outnumber you. Again, static. What zombie films have that make them good, the walking dead does not. By the end of the first season, we have no idea where they came from, and the entire show is just watching unlikable characters survive and piss each other off, including the audience. 3 Stars. Barely. Expand
  98. Oct 15, 2013
    The Walking Dead não traz grandes surpresas, e não se diferencia de outras obras com tema zumbis, a não ser pelo formado serie, e ai que a exigências aumentam. Para prender o telespectador a trama tem que ter muitos ganchos e sub temas atrativos e aqui isso não acontece, seguindo uma unica linha narrativa a trama se prende demais a estética zumbi e deixa a narração de lado.
  99. Oct 12, 2013
    The acting in this season is amazing by Andrew Lincoln and of course everyone's favorite Norman Reedus or Daryl Dixon some hiccups along the way which is why i dont give it a ten but much better than season 2 I WONDER WHY COUGH COUGH FRANK DARANBONT COUGH COUGH but overall an amazing show

1. Reviewed by: Tim Goodman
    Dec 7, 2010
    Darabont uses the TV-series format to break convention not only by defying the predictabilities of the horror genre (boo!) but also by infusing the recipe with more storytelling elan.
  2. Reviewed by: Alan Sepinwall
    Dec 7, 2010
    I was encouraged that the character-driven third episode was stronger than the zombie action-heavy second, and perhaps the producers will be proven right--that the longer this saga goes on past these initial six episodes, the more it will set itself apart from the zombie canon.
  3. Reviewed by: Mary McNamara
    Dec 7, 2010
    The Walking Dead, like any good horror tale, still believes in the importance of monsters, perfectly balancing the struggle of basic human decency with those palsied four-in-the-morning moments when we are convinced that everyone around us is trying to eat us alive