• Network: AMC
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
8.2

Universal acclaim- based on 1985 Ratings

1. Dec 7, 2010
    amazing characters great plot and storyline daryle is a badass they should air him more. better than resident evil. will be waiting for season two to air. and whoever does the zombie makeup is a extremely talented
  2. Dec 8, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Great new show, I've read the entire comic book series up to 79 and season one only loosely uses the comic book story. (the part where Rick and Glenn cover themselves with rotting flesh actually comes from the comic version of the srory) I read a article the other day that says that Frank Darabont fired all the writers that wrote the first season and is bringing in some new writers. I am really looking forward to season 2.
    I
  3. Dec 9, 2010
    Nothing original in the first 6 episodes, but the writing and direction surpasses most of the material it plagiarizes. Overall, The Walking Dead had a strong (albeit short) first season. Looking forward to the second season.
  4. Dec 10, 2010
    This is alive and well while most of TV & movies are dead. Reality shows & overated spew like Inception & Hurtlocker. You have to grade on a curve a little rasing the score for this show. They need more zombies and action but it still is engaging and has its chilling moments, mostly it does well what Steven King does even if the story isnt the best it can grab you and have you eagerlyThis is alive and well while most of TV & movies are dead. Reality shows & overated spew like Inception & Hurtlocker. You have to grade on a curve a little rasing the score for this show. They need more zombies and action but it still is engaging and has its chilling moments, mostly it does well what Steven King does even if the story isnt the best it can grab you and have you eagerly awaiting what comes next. The rest of TV is run by the brain dead, shoot em in the head. Expand
  5. Mar 6, 2011
    One of the best shows ever to grace the television, the characters are enjoyable, the story is great as is the acting, my only complaint is that the season finale while great wasn't the best episode, I absolutely can not wait for season 2.
  6. Jan 8, 2011
    The first episode blow me away! I'm addicted to this show. I think that the history line is really interesting and the characters and their stories will surprise us! And dispite some opinions i've heard, i think that the final episode ended really well! The door is open for more drama. The worst part, and i think that was not clever at all, its the one year between series.
  7. Jan 28, 2011
    I always wished to see a 10 hours Zombie movie. I know that it's not going to happen, but walking dead was exactly what I was looking for. A very good serie about the theme I aways like to see. I like everything about zombies and this serie has the best of it, It´s serious and have a good story. I give it a 10
  8. May 4, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Something I normally do when I watch a sort of disaster show or movie is to put myself in all of the characters shoes and normally I always do something that the people in the show never think of but with this show it gives you I real task to think of what to do, weather its deciding on shooting your wife, because she is a zombie obviously not just because she throw out all of my playboy magazines but enough of my personal problems! The only problem with the show is that the characters problems are just extremely boring and you dont care if some **** is cheating on her husband who she thinks is dead. Expand
  9. Apr 18, 2011
    Great Show! Great Acting, Great Plots! Overall Great BUT! In A Few Ep's It Seems Kinda Boring..
    9!
  10. Mar 3, 2011
    Based on the pilot episode alone, im delighted with what I saw. The Walking Dead offers detail that no zombie movie could ever be able to get across. Admittedly, I am intrigued by anything in the zombie apocalypse genre, but I have a good feeling that this one shall be better than most other series or movie dealing with the undead. It's safe to say I look forward to seeing the rest of theBased on the pilot episode alone, im delighted with what I saw. The Walking Dead offers detail that no zombie movie could ever be able to get across. Admittedly, I am intrigued by anything in the zombie apocalypse genre, but I have a good feeling that this one shall be better than most other series or movie dealing with the undead. It's safe to say I look forward to seeing the rest of the series. Let's just hope it stays real and doesn't go down the same pathetic road as the resident evil series. Expand
  11. Mar 16, 2011
    Boy, this show sure does have potential. I'd been reading the comics a few months before the TV show was announced and I was ecstatic. I was incredibly excited to hear my favorite series of comics would be manufactured into a TV show. And with Frank Darabont at the helm what could ever go wrong right? Right....? Well what we got was a show that is quite simply meh. They do a few thingsBoy, this show sure does have potential. I'd been reading the comics a few months before the TV show was announced and I was ecstatic. I was incredibly excited to hear my favorite series of comics would be manufactured into a TV show. And with Frank Darabont at the helm what could ever go wrong right? Right....? Well what we got was a show that is quite simply meh. They do a few things well (Supporting cast, cinematography, makeup, set design) and a few things wrong. (All of the new characters invented especially for the show, Rick's character, that Walking Dead feel) The show really does nail the supporting cast. Dale, Lorie, Andrea, Glenn, all are perfectly cast and very well acted. Also the cinematography is beautiful. The zombies are great looking as well. But the show is holding itself back. The easiest to see is definitely the new characters. Merle is probably the least interesting character of any AMC series. I honestly hate the guy. Nothing is interesting about him. He's a cliche redneck who is dumb and doesn't belong in this group. How did he get in the group to begin with? Why would they rescue such an unlikable guy? I won't bother getting into T-Dogg or some of the red shirts, but I find them to be annoying as well. One thing that really bugged me while watching the show was the atrocious job they are doing with Rick's character. Anyone who has read the comics knows that Rick is far from perfect. He is an incredibly emotional guy who often makes the best out of the wrong decisions. He is a natural leader, but his position affects him to the core. He often becomes violent with people and will do anything to guarantee safety. Now that is not the Rick from the TV show. What we get from the TV show is a Rick who is the quintessential everyday superhero. He is calm, collective, always has a plan, knows what he is doing, is always sure of himself, and for whatever reason, loves to whisper. This could not be farther from the incredibly flawed and interesting character that is Rick from the books. The last thing I didn't like about the show was the fact that they introduced (spoilers) some Hispanic guys taking care of some old people. Not only did I find this silly in the context of the universe Robert Kirkman has created but I also find it hurtful to the atmosphere. One thing I love about the comics is the atmosphere that Kirkman created. You feel like the people your around in the books are the only people still functioning like normal, civil people. You feel alone except for these people. You feel how damned important they are because they are civil. Loneliness is pervasive in the comicbooks and having these extra groups running around with little interaction with our group is just bad storytelling. The Hispanics are introduced and then gone. If there had been more interaction with them and some character development maybe it would have made sense, but unfortunately, it did not.
    This show has serious potential. I hope that other people agree with me.
  12. May 19, 2011
    The Zombie genre is something has been worn out time and time again but thankfully AMC's The Walking Dead is nothing short of sensational! Following a zombie apocalypse a group of survivors led by Rick Grimes are travelling across a desolate Americain the search for a safety however the dead are now coming back to life and danger awaits them around every corner. An engaging, stimulatingThe Zombie genre is something has been worn out time and time again but thankfully AMC's The Walking Dead is nothing short of sensational! Following a zombie apocalypse a group of survivors led by Rick Grimes are travelling across a desolate Americain the search for a safety however the dead are now coming back to life and danger awaits them around every corner. An engaging, stimulating and intense debut season that will have you hooked right from the start. Incredibly well paced in showing the atmosphere of a bleak and deserted America and also to develope each character enabling the audience to connect with them. Acting on show is fantastic and the story has been been wonderfully written. The only criticism I have is it is a mere 6 episodes! However, its 6 hours of quality stuff. Bring on Season 2! Expand
  13. May 24, 2011
    An interesting take on the zombie apocalypse story. The season keeps pace very well, and adds twists at the right moments. Due to large production values (and stellar casting) the whole thing is like a feature-length movie experience, and makes this a perfect DVD release on top of a good show. The only criticism I have, that pulled my rating down one, was the overuse of similar scenarios,An interesting take on the zombie apocalypse story. The season keeps pace very well, and adds twists at the right moments. Due to large production values (and stellar casting) the whole thing is like a feature-length movie experience, and makes this a perfect DVD release on top of a good show. The only criticism I have, that pulled my rating down one, was the overuse of similar scenarios, and the occasional blip in VFX and acting. Not to spoil, but that grenade... really? Still, a great start to a hopefully good storyline. Lookout for Season 2. Expand
  14. Apr 14, 2011
    One of the best shows on TV made for zombie lovers and haters. I've seen every episode at least three times now and they're all great. Props to AMC for giving so much freedom to the writers and producers. The wait for season 2 will be long and boring, but at least we'll have a full 13 episode season.
  15. Apr 28, 2011
    Initially, I thought this show would just be another generic zombie show. However, it is actually quite a masterpiece of interesting characterization, dialogue, and action. Another great AMC production (on-par with Breaking Bad).
  16. May 25, 2013
    Based on a series of graphic novels from Robert Kirkman The Walking Dead is certainly one of the most original (I know there have been lots of zombie movies but no TV show I can remember) and entertaining shows to debut in the last few years.

This first season may only be six episodes long, due to the expensive nature of the show, but it fits more action and drama into those six episodes than most shows fit into twenty. There is certainly enough blood and gore to satisfy fans of horror movies but sensibly show runner Frank Darabont has taken the decision to only follow the graphic novel storylines loosely, slowing down proceedings on occasions and allowing the characters a chance to develop themselves. In fact the only slight disappointment in this first season was the visit to the super high tech disease centre, elements of which went a little too far down the sci-fi route for comfort and losing what makes this show different. Thankfully this seems to have been an exception rather than the norm in what was a promising start to what could become a cult classic.
  17. May 6, 2011
    The acting is superb. Visually, it's beautiful. The story is intriguing, mainly because one becomes interested in seeing what the human survivors will do next. The suspense is intense. The music is very good and helps draw you in. All in all, this show is excellent. A zombie fan's dream come true. Keep 'em coming!
  18. May 14, 2012
    Yes yes we at the internet love zombies but the show needs more of them. The first season was great but with the exception of the first and last two episodes of season two it was terrible. except the episodes I mentioned each episodes is just people walking around saying "what do you think about so and so" then that person goes to another person and they say "what do you think about soYes yes we at the internet love zombies but the show needs more of them. The first season was great but with the exception of the first and last two episodes of season two it was terrible. except the episodes I mentioned each episodes is just people walking around saying "what do you think about so and so" then that person goes to another person and they say "what do you think about so and so" then they kill a single zombie and the show is over. If they continue as they ended the season this should could be really great. Expand
  19. Jun 3, 2011
    Great Show! I love zombies films/ tv shows. Finished the first season in a day cause it was that good! Cant wait for season 2!!! Best show on television right now.
  20. Jun 17, 2011
    Amazing, and there is no other way to put it. The Walking Dead is easily the best dramatic show on TV. It gets actual human emotions from a strong ensemble and great writing. This TV show manages to be both better then all non-Romero zombie movies, and it manages to be more dramatic then most other dramas. I honestly was starting to feel bad for the walkers, doomed to there horrible fate.Amazing, and there is no other way to put it. The Walking Dead is easily the best dramatic show on TV. It gets actual human emotions from a strong ensemble and great writing. This TV show manages to be both better then all non-Romero zombie movies, and it manages to be more dramatic then most other dramas. I honestly was starting to feel bad for the walkers, doomed to there horrible fate. This show, unlike most zombie movies, has likable characters that you really feel for. One of the top 5 shows on TV. Expand
  21. Jun 24, 2011
    A Zombie Horror TV Show based in the Deep South? Sounds good to me! Unlike Boardwalk Empire, Walking Dead did not take forever and a day to develop its characters. In fact, it was the people, not the zombies that made this show compelling. But you get just enough Zombie action to keep you thrilled. Great show.
  22. Jul 28, 2011
    This is easily one of the (if not the) greatest television show on right now. I just bought the DVD, and am rewatching all the episodes. What is brilliant about The Walking Dead is that it shares the same feel of the old Romero movies. It is quick, consuming, beautiful, gory, dark, and a lot of fun. And one more thing-for all of you complaining how the show was too gory, or had to muchThis is easily one of the (if not the) greatest television show on right now. I just bought the DVD, and am rewatching all the episodes. What is brilliant about The Walking Dead is that it shares the same feel of the old Romero movies. It is quick, consuming, beautiful, gory, dark, and a lot of fun. And one more thing-for all of you complaining how the show was too gory, or had to much nudity (which, mind you, there is none at all. There was underwear in ep. 2, does that count as nudity to you psychos?) I'm gonna say this-to you, directly. ITS A F#$%ING ZOMBIE SHOW! It is a show about the living dead, who can only be killed with a shot to the head. You can't make this show without making it gory. So if you're one of those p%$$!#$ that likes clean entertainment for the whole family, go watch Nick Jr. Because people have grown up, and you should too. Expand
  23. Oct 1, 2011
    Being a fan of the graphic novel series, I was not too disappointed by the series premiere of THE WALKING DEAD. The television adaptation surely wasn't as faithful as it could have been, and it took some liberties that it certainly had the right to do, but it was good, if not, great.
  24. Aug 20, 2011
    Excellently done zombie series, better than the comics IMHO. You really get a feel for the characters and their predicament. "Egg" from "This Life" is a decent lead. Season 1 final a tad disappointing.
  25. Sep 15, 2011
    Even know, I'm not a fan of zombie movies. The Walking Dead is one of the best shows on cable. Season 1 was amazing, filled with thrills and chills. Season 2, needs to come faster.
  26. Oct 8, 2011
    in the 80's people used to talk about Miss World being a television event. **** The Walking Dead IS the real deal that cannot be missed. Everything from the gripping story lines, the costumes, the makeup, the crazy distopian landscapes, the uncertainty of what will happen to main characters helps to create a buzz that's like nothing else of TV. It has renewed my faith in the brilliance ofin the 80's people used to talk about Miss World being a television event. **** The Walking Dead IS the real deal that cannot be missed. Everything from the gripping story lines, the costumes, the makeup, the crazy distopian landscapes, the uncertainty of what will happen to main characters helps to create a buzz that's like nothing else of TV. It has renewed my faith in the brilliance of TV. Watch it. NOW. Expand
  27. Oct 10, 2011
    I decided to do my own review based on a lot of the Negative responses that I've seen like it's "disgusting' stuff like that. Now obviously its not a family show it was made more directly for zombie lovers do to the fact that for a long time no one had a good zombie show out their but vampires,their everywhere. This show is a bit stop and go as far as excitement but theirs always aI decided to do my own review based on a lot of the Negative responses that I've seen like it's "disgusting' stuff like that. Now obviously its not a family show it was made more directly for zombie lovers do to the fact that for a long time no one had a good zombie show out their but vampires,their everywhere. This show is a bit stop and go as far as excitement but theirs always a surprise twist in all of it even some stuff no one see's coming. the show was aiming for a good realistic zombie apocalypse show that could ensnare it's viewers keep us all guessing and just when we think we got it figured out something bigger happens myself personally I think some things could have been portrayed better but I'm loving this show and looking forward to the next season which is soon to come and if you haven't seen the show and you like zombies, and your not afraid to get a but grossed out then this is an excellent show heart stopping, emotional, bloody, thrill ride excellent show with few flaws Expand
  28. Dec 27, 2012
    Besides having some annoying characters, THE WALKING DEAD Season One is top-notch television; it is scary and suspenseful and feels very real, it is also very intense as well. I will be hard for the other seasons to top the brilliance that this introductory season offered.
  29. Dec 27, 2012
    It has a movie like feel to it. I must say, it really is a great series that captures one's interest. If you like plot, this is the one to go for. Hands down best of its genre out there in the media today.
  30. Feb 13, 2013
    I had always heard that the Walking Dead was very good, and it is, probably the best drama I have seen on TV. The series started off with a massive bang, and ended (literally) with one. The first episode remains my favourite, it was every bit excellent, violent and filled with drama, 10/10. The second episode was also very good, but episodes 3, 4 and 5 were not quite as good as the rest ofI had always heard that the Walking Dead was very good, and it is, probably the best drama I have seen on TV. The series started off with a massive bang, and ended (literally) with one. The first episode remains my favourite, it was every bit excellent, violent and filled with drama, 10/10. The second episode was also very good, but episodes 3, 4 and 5 were not quite as good as the rest of the series (as the sixth episode is also very good). Essentially, the first episode was incredible, awesome stuff, and the rest was not quite up to the same standards: none of it is bad, or boring however, just not quite as good. Great, 87/100. Expand
  31. Oct 1, 2013
    The Walking Dead Season 1 was an amazing start to a great new series based on a zombie apocalypse. Rarely done as a TV series the zombie genre has crawled its way back from the dead after several rehash comedic movies and have started a Renaissance which produced new seasons of this show among numerous games, movies, comics and other forms of media based on the Zombie genre. About theThe Walking Dead Season 1 was an amazing start to a great new series based on a zombie apocalypse. Rarely done as a TV series the zombie genre has crawled its way back from the dead after several rehash comedic movies and have started a Renaissance which produced new seasons of this show among numerous games, movies, comics and other forms of media based on the Zombie genre. About the show itself however the characters, the storyline and the entire setting is quite nicely done. The emotion that is shown in the entire season is well put and despite the fact that some of the actors may not be well known upon the beginning of this show they will be known afterwards for years to come especially when newer seasons appear. The only main complaint in this season however is the length as the first season was only 6 episodes long. Expand
  32. Apr 28, 2012
    I absolutely love this series. The story is amazing, the characters are amazing, and the special effects are pretty good. My only problem is that the second season get a little slow at times.
  33. Jan 6, 2014
    I'm not sure if you can find a better example of adapting source material like the Comics for TWD in any genre. This is quintessentially perfect, and incredibly re-watchable even after 3 years it still is something I'll go back to and continually watch.
  34. Feb 26, 2013
    I did not want to get into AMC's The Walking Dead, because it is what a like to call, addictive television. I try to avoid shows like this, but I was at a friend house the other week and there were a group of people watching it, so I really didn't have a choice and I got sucked into it's grip. The reason I don't like to watch shows like this is because it's based on a book, which usuallyI did not want to get into AMC's The Walking Dead, because it is what a like to call, addictive television. I try to avoid shows like this, but I was at a friend house the other week and there were a group of people watching it, so I really didn't have a choice and I got sucked into it's grip. The reason I don't like to watch shows like this is because it's based on a book, which usually means, the show is amazing and very well written until they reach the end of the book and have to come up with new stuff on their own. At that point, the quality of the story quickly diminishes and the show either gets boring or goes way over the top. As I watched the first two seasons of The Walking Dead over the course of a couple weeks, I found that the same was true for it. The first season was an absolute delight and I hated the fact that it was only six episodes. The second season started out pretty good also, but that's when the book must have ended and things changed. This powerful, exciting show became extremely predictable, with every episode featuring about forty minutes of talking and five minutes of action. So, if I was so turned off by it at that point, why am I watching the new episodes right now? Addictive television! Now that I know the characters and their stories I want answers to the same four questions as everyone else. Who is fighting with who, who is having sex with who, how will the story end, and the big one, who lives and who dies. Similar to soap operas, shows like the Walking Dead, for the most part, aren't well written, are extremely predictable, and don't really develop much after the initial impact. I didn't see a single episode in the second or third season that I enjoyed as much as I did every episode from season 1. I am nevertheless invested in the show and what happens now, and to be honest it's not that it's a bad show. I really like Sarah Wayne Callies from Prison Break and Norman Reedus's character is the one guy who really evolved into someone who fascinates me. The action scenes, as well as the effects are terrific, and they do have a pretty talented cast. It's my hope that as it continues to gain popularity, that the writers turn to other sources, perhaps the author of the book or even some fan fiction for alternative ideas on how to keep things fresh and interesting, because right now, aside from the question of who lives and who dies, there isn't much there to attract new viewers to the show. If you like dark stories, horror, and end of the world type fiction, I'd give the show a try, but if you're a newbie whose thinking about getting into the Walking Dead, I warn you, the first season is amazing and will suck you in, but after that, as of yet, it hasn't gotten any better. Expand
  35. Mar 30, 2012
    Even though its only seven episodes (7). season 1 was a great season. it gives us the tactics on how to survive a zombie apocalypse. Instant classic
  36. Mar 20, 2012
    A pretty solid show, Will definenty watch season 2. The huge flaw of this season is lack of episodes, It allows little developement of story lines and characters so everything is really fast paced. Its still an enjoyable show though.
  37. Dec 21, 2014
    I absolutely love this series. I'm very glad that they could make such a great series about zombies which is a huge rarity. I have friends that love this show too. Even though this show may never reach the heights of the first season, it is still really entertaining. If you haven't already seen it and you're a zombie fan, watch it now if you have amc or netflix. My favourite character is Daryl.
  38. Jan 8, 2013
    Simplistic and brilliantly crafted. Excellent character development and the acting is top notch. The only points against it are the slow pacing and the fact that Laurie is the most annoying character ever conceived on television.
  39. Mar 21, 2012
    if you say you hate the show you are lying through your teeth, even a zombie hater cant hate this serial drama, it can stand alone on its own merit, unlike most media adaptations based on interpreted source material.
  40. Feb 28, 2013
    I finally gave in an watched the fist season of “The Walking Dead.” And you know what? It’s actually a really good show. The writing is strong and tackles themes of humanity, togetherness, and of survival/death. The show is incredibly involving and makes us care for each individual character. Actors do a great job and their performances are convincing. Not once do they lose sight of theI finally gave in an watched the fist season of “The Walking Dead.” And you know what? It’s actually a really good show. The writing is strong and tackles themes of humanity, togetherness, and of survival/death. The show is incredibly involving and makes us care for each individual character. Actors do a great job and their performances are convincing. Not once do they lose sight of the character. It is not only a well acted or written show, but also a really well made one with high production values not normally seen on TV. From the make up to the use of special effects, it is really well put together.

The first two episodes are alright, but generally slowly paced a bit confusing to be honest. However, from episode 3 and onwards the show has you hooked. The emotions are there and the sense of isolation. Every time a character wonders off, you only hope they come back alive. A lot of emotional stuff happens towards the end of the season and to say that I wasn’t tearing up a bit would be a horrible lie. The season finally is really good and really tackles a lot of the main themes of the show such as survival and accepting death. The best thing about it is that it gets us excited for what’s to come.

Overall, “The Walking Dead” is a really great show with compelling characters and strong writing. It challenges its viewers without talking down to them. It has a lot of emotional moments, but doesn’t just bask in the melodrama. There are well paced moments of action, but above all else a great sense of suspense and isolated ambiance. I give it a really strong 4/5, great writing and relateable characters with exciting action.

I am super excited for the next season. I would have given it a higher rating, but I didn’t really care for the first two episodes. However, I am now officially a fan. Lets go season 2!
  41. Apr 1, 2012
    Although they should've added more episodes than just 6, on the other hand The Walking Dead: Season 1 is breath-taking and one of the best shows for Television.
  42. Jul 22, 2012
    Being a fan of the comics I had to see the series. Its nothing like the comics except for characters, guys waking up in a hospital and other stuff. But it still is great on how they do it``(sometimes even better then the comic). Despite its not like the comic, this is a great tv show. The Walking Dead: Season 1 8.6/10
  43. Apr 16, 2012
    Simply put amazing, outstanding a must watch series for anybody my mum loves it lol also check out this awesome walking dead blog!
  44. Dec 5, 2013
    La primera temporada de esta serie merece la pena, buena historia contada con buen ritmo y con grandes escenas, el viajar por un país lleno de muertos vivientes ofrece muchas posibilidades de hacer una gran serie.
  45. Oct 21, 2012
    By far, one of the best shows on currently on cable, season one of 'The Walking Dead' manages to bring out the vibrant characters, set pieces, and palpable tension of the graphic novels, while not loosing the appeal in the transition to the medium of TV. Week after week we may find ourselves returning, not solely for the promise of zombies and gore (which are delivered in spades here, byBy far, one of the best shows on currently on cable, season one of 'The Walking Dead' manages to bring out the vibrant characters, set pieces, and palpable tension of the graphic novels, while not loosing the appeal in the transition to the medium of TV. Week after week we may find ourselves returning, not solely for the promise of zombies and gore (which are delivered in spades here, by the way), but for the lived-in, realistic drama of these troubled characters and their plights. Its a shame that the vast dramatic territory explored through the post-apocalyptic universe hasn't been charted yet (if it has, it hasn't been given justice apparently), and The Walking Dead makes for a great argument for the continuation of the horror genre. A great show that should please everyone (save for the squeamish, maybe). Expand
  46. Jul 5, 2012
    Full of emotion, action and zombies. Combine it and you will get "The Walking Dead". It totally takes me into the story, the feelings of characters and everything.
  47. Feb 9, 2014
    The series got off to a stellar start! The pilot was absolutely perfectly done. The show also know how to strike a good blend between character development and amazing gory violence. So far so good.
  48. Jul 28, 2013
    A very gripping, emotional, intense journey through the zombie-infested state of Georgia. You will grow attached to these people (well, maybe not some of them!) and care for their fate. A good watch.
  49. Oct 7, 2013
    The Walking Dead is overall a very good show (season 1,2,3) but the first ever season is by far the best and if the writers (who replaced the old ones) were able to improve on it I truly believe it could have been one of the greatest shows ever. Other than Ozymandias (Breaking Bad), the first episode of season 1 is probably the best episode of television I have ever watched.

As for

As for Season 1 in general, it was absolutely fantastic. It got me shouting at the TV with the jumps, the crazy moments and the sad moments. The characters were great, the story line was believable and the direction the show was heading could have ended up being up there with Breaking Bad and Game Of Thrones.

But with the writers being fired for Season 2 on wards, there is a noticeable difference between S1 and S2/S3. It has become so average, the story seems to be going no where which is disappointing. But dont get me wrong, The Walking Dead is one of my favorite shows, but I can't help but think it could have been an all time great if it built up from the brilliant season 1.

The Walking Dead Season 1: 10/10
  50. Aug 1, 2012
    A great example of what most horror media should be like. Not something jumping at your face and just trying to scare you for the point of just being scary. This show has a lot of depth and characters to relate to. Often at times I completely forget I am watching a show because the acting is so well done. I must admit I'm not a huge fan of horror, but this show is still really enjoyableA great example of what most horror media should be like. Not something jumping at your face and just trying to scare you for the point of just being scary. This show has a lot of depth and characters to relate to. Often at times I completely forget I am watching a show because the acting is so well done. I must admit I'm not a huge fan of horror, but this show is still really enjoyable for me to watch. The zombies in it are exactly what zombies should be and they did them perfectly. A great show and I would recommend it to most. Expand
  51. Dec 28, 2012
    This series, is absolutely amazing, it challenges you intellectually, and can affect you as a person. The acting is great, and the cinematography is amazing, as an aspiring film director and actor myself, this show has been greatly useful. I'd like to use a quote from someone else's review: 'the survivors' ultimate plan: bore the zombies death by spending two-thirds of every episodeThis series, is absolutely amazing, it challenges you intellectually, and can affect you as a person. The acting is great, and the cinematography is amazing, as an aspiring film director and actor myself, this show has been greatly useful. I'd like to use a quote from someone else's review: 'the survivors' ultimate plan: bore the zombies death by spending two-thirds of every episode discussing their feelings.' What else would you suppose they do? Have a party in the middle of the street, then all of them die and the series is one episode long? These reviewers are ridiculous and have no idea what a good TV series is. Expand
  52. Jan 21, 2013
    Breaking bad and the walking dead are one of the best shows on tv now.They have one of the best suitable actors for comic characters ever.The show has a great story and great story telling.I recommend this tv show for zombie movie, lovers and other people who like action and good story.My final verdict for this show is a 10-10 whit a seal of badass approval.
  53. Apr 28, 2013
    Best zombie apocalypse series. All the things happening makes you think about what's going to happen next. The cast is good, the performance of the actors are simply perfect for every situation, watch the 1st episode and be ready to watch all the others seasons!
  54. Sep 19, 2012
    A diamond in the rough; one of the few shows that uses fantasy amazingly as a background to explore the complex human nature and their reactions to horrifying and post-apocalyptic events, whilst still maintaining a dose of suspense and gory head-smashing action that will leave you on the edge of your seat.
    With never-ending drama, deaths, emotions, friendships and intense adventures, The Walking Dead really is a show for everyone's taste.
  55. Oct 21, 2012
    The comic (and the episodic game, for that matter) are better. 100%. Any fan of the show should check out the comic and is missing out if they haven't. That said, I do LIKE the show (so far, after seeing Season 1). There are some really interesting new ideas, like what happens in the Season finale and how some of the stuff plays out differently. Not all the changes are for the best though.The comic (and the episodic game, for that matter) are better. 100%. Any fan of the show should check out the comic and is missing out if they haven't. That said, I do LIKE the show (so far, after seeing Season 1). There are some really interesting new ideas, like what happens in the Season finale and how some of the stuff plays out differently. Not all the changes are for the best though. The pacing is really off, especially the first episode (which is weaker than the rest of the Season, overall), Shane really isn't interesting enough to become a main character, that I definitely found regrettable. And even that which they took from the comics... well, some of the hammy acting actually makes the unfortunate awkward idiosyncracies of Kirkman's writing show, rather than highlighting how strong it can be at times. But despite these complaints, the show is enjoyable. A zombie apocalypse is rife with the kind of ongoing human drama that can sustain a series and I'm surprised that it hasn't been done before. So, despite its flaws (and it is flawed), the show ends up being really unique and worth a watch, although I would recommend the comic universe as the superior "Walking Dead" media. Expand
  56. Mar 13, 2013
    Rarely does a show start off with such a bang. The Pilot is near-perfect showcase of the potential greatness of this show. While the subsequent episodes aren't as good, the final episode is an emotional rollercoaster and wraps the season up nicely. 8.5/10
  57. Oct 27, 2012
    Easily one of the best shows on TV at the moment. The show delivers massively intense scenes with each episode. The danger surrounding our characters in everything they do keeps you on the edge of your seat. The acting is fantastic. The make-up and effects department are probably the best I've ever seen.
    The one downside to the show is the writing of certain characters, specifically
    The one downside to the show is the writing of certain characters, specifically females, however the majority of characters are brilliant. The Walking Dead not only refers to its realistic zombies AKA Walkers, but the minds and soul of our characters and how the world around them effects their declining morality.
  58. Oct 27, 2012
    This is one of the two best shows on TV. This first season was great and it keeps getting better & better. The 3rd season is starting off to be a hell of a ride. I dont know what some of these reviewers are talking about not caring about the characters; I like the show because of the character development! I was not into watching TV shows every week until I got into The Walking Dead &This is one of the two best shows on TV. This first season was great and it keeps getting better & better. The 3rd season is starting off to be a hell of a ride. I dont know what some of these reviewers are talking about not caring about the characters; I like the show because of the character development! I was not into watching TV shows every week until I got into The Walking Dead & Breaking Bad. These shows are like having 30+ hour movies! Expand
  59. Nov 7, 2012
    La mejor serie que he visto en mucho tiempo, fiel a los comics en muchos casos, escrita totalmente por Robert Kirkman, con drama, muertes que lo hacen una serie inesperada, inclusion de nuevos personajes como Daryl, una trama que se pueded seguir facilmente en ciertos puntos, una obra maestra.
  60. Dec 30, 2013
    O começo de uma das séries mais emocionantes da tv fantástica, The Walking Dead rompe todos os patamar e se estabelece com uma boa trama e ótimos personagens.
  61. Nov 7, 2012
    This show pist me off how the writer made everyone make stupid decisions except the Korean boy. He is the only character who makes sense. This show gives me headache and it bothers me that I commit my self to always finish what I start watching. I hate every character in this series dumb asses.
  62. Nov 8, 2012
    Honestly, I have never seen a movie with a zombie apocalypse that is more interesting, thrilling, breath-taking than this TV Series. AMC really did succeed on bringing entertainment through the film. I haven't seen the comic books. Maybe that's why I got thrilled all the time. Talking about actors and their performances, one word: Legitimately magnificent.
  63. Jul 14, 2013
    This is quite frankly the magnum opus of the zombie genre. If you're looking for thrills and spectacular special effects, this show is for you. The makeup work is entirely without flaw, if zombies were real, this show portrays exactly what they'd look like, no hokiness to be had here. However, the story and drama has become merely average compared to the first season.
  64. Nov 28, 2012
    A really good show but other shows are better i do like the killings and action and ppl dying but some of the characters are annoying as shotttttttttt
  65. Dec 1, 2012
    To be truthful, i havent read the comics. I dont think its fair to right off a series based on how well they have copied the comic from which it is adapted from. The Walking Dead is a an excellently filmed series with accurate characters. The series may have suffered in terms of popularity in the first and second season because the plot and the story was still developing. ApocalypticTo be truthful, i havent read the comics. I dont think its fair to right off a series based on how well they have copied the comic from which it is adapted from. The Walking Dead is a an excellently filmed series with accurate characters. The series may have suffered in terms of popularity in the first and second season because the plot and the story was still developing. Apocalyptic series or films have been known to take long to develop a story, like the film Resident Evil which has along sequel. The plot is great and I think we'l get a good 10 seasons Expand
  66. Apr 27, 2013
    Great first season. Very fast paced and action packed six episodes with tight excellent plotting. Thankfully, the season ended on a high note with almost no filler. Every episode counted in the overall story arc. The premise is age old and unoriginal, but the execution was impeccable. The main characters were fleshed out pretty decently. Oddly, my favorite character thus far has been theGreat first season. Very fast paced and action packed six episodes with tight excellent plotting. Thankfully, the season ended on a high note with almost no filler. Every episode counted in the overall story arc. The premise is age old and unoriginal, but the execution was impeccable. The main characters were fleshed out pretty decently. Oddly, my favorite character thus far has been the redneck with the crossbow, who always comes in handy to the group in tight spots. Expand
  67. Mar 25, 2013
    I don't understand how this hasn't got a higher score. The best show on TV in my opinion. More gripping and emotionally involving than anything else out there right now.
  68. Jan 27, 2013
    Can there be a QUALITY show with loads of violence featuring zombies? You'll know that answer when you watch The Walking Dead. I fell in love almost immediately. Solid characters and great pacing really elevate the show.
  69. Dec 5, 2012
    Just like tens of millions of Americans across the nation, I have been infected by AMC
  70. Dec 14, 2012
    With season 1, the Walking Dead set itself up as a show far different then almost anything else on television. Though it had its share of hokey moments, the suspense that was built was truly remarkable. Great dialogue, wonderful acting, and an interesting plot all made this one of my favorite shows of all time.
  71. Dec 23, 2012
    The walking dead is an interesting take on the lives of survivors and what happens when rules and regulations they have clinged on to disappear as a strange virus/disease/whatever takes over, raising the dead and turning them into hungry abominations. The Walking Dead is more about the psychological aspects and how humans deal with these issues. While the zombies are a threat, they are notThe walking dead is an interesting take on the lives of survivors and what happens when rules and regulations they have clinged on to disappear as a strange virus/disease/whatever takes over, raising the dead and turning them into hungry abominations. The Walking Dead is more about the psychological aspects and how humans deal with these issues. While the zombies are a threat, they are not the main focus of the show.

I think the show is really great, though the special effects are really poor in the first Season and most of the second. By the third season, it's obvious the budget has greatly improved. There are some lulls, and there seems to be a bit of filler, but the series does a good job of following the comics and such (Or vice versa?).

Perhaps the biggest complaint I have is how big a crackshot each of the survivors seem to be. Give them a gun, and they're scoring headshots left and right. The show addresses this a bit, but it's obvious you need to "Accept it as is" to keep the story moving on, as it's only a minor complaint.

All in all, it is an entertaining adventure and seeing the survivor's minds decay faster than the dead around them is what you can expect if you go into it.

If you like zombies, drama and post-apocalyptic worlds, this series is for you.
  72. Dec 26, 2012
    I enjoyed the 1st season, I watched it n dvd and when a series makes you want to start the next episode back to back then that must be a good indicator that you are hooked and entertainment level is high, definitely one the best apocalypse genre I've seen on TV, wish they spent more time on flashbacks though.
  73. Mar 25, 2013
    I'm sure not everyone will agree. but this is my favorite tv show of all time. I first watched episode one of this TV show in school during media, and it just made me eager to watch on. The story line is amazing, so much tension involved. PEACE to WAR in a couple of minuted. Then an ambush of zombies, what else could you want. The special effects are also amazing. Would recommendI'm sure not everyone will agree. but this is my favorite tv show of all time. I first watched episode one of this TV show in school during media, and it just made me eager to watch on. The story line is amazing, so much tension involved. PEACE to WAR in a couple of minuted. Then an ambush of zombies, what else could you want. The special effects are also amazing. Would recommend that everyone watched it but before you do start from season one, episode one so you get the drift of the story line. Expand
  74. Jan 13, 2013
    Absolutely breath-taking. I have only been watching the show since the end of season two, and I got addicted to watching it. The realism of it needs to go up a little bit, the actors are not too good. I just didn't see any improvement in their acting, especially when tears are shed. That is something that definitely needs put into work for the next season. This is my favorite show on AMC,Absolutely breath-taking. I have only been watching the show since the end of season two, and I got addicted to watching it. The realism of it needs to go up a little bit, the actors are not too good. I just didn't see any improvement in their acting, especially when tears are shed. That is something that definitely needs put into work for the next season. This is my favorite show on AMC, and probably my fifth favorite show all together. I highly recommend watching it if you're into dramas and science-fiction. Especially if you love hearing about zombies as a topic (no pun intended). Highly recommended. Expand
  75. Feb 19, 2013
    People who negative most think Jersey Shore is a well produced... otherwise they need glasses and hearing aids.

This show is the BEST thing on Network TV, if you think otherwise good for you, but coming here to leave 0's when you prob saw one episode without watching the rest does nothing for people who want to watch it from the beginning you scumbags.
  76. Jun 28, 2013
    I love this tv show people need too stop hate-ing on this show there is tons too like and if like. Zombies you will definitely want too check it out if you have not already.
  77. Jan 21, 2013
    A great but short beginnning of a benchmark-setting series telling the story of former sheriff deputy Rick Grimes who wakes up from a coma finding out nothing's like it used to be before. The only thing he wants now is finding and look after his wife and son. This is not just a series about zombies or the "walkers". This is a series about how people act when the world around them comes toA great but short beginnning of a benchmark-setting series telling the story of former sheriff deputy Rick Grimes who wakes up from a coma finding out nothing's like it used to be before. The only thing he wants now is finding and look after his wife and son. This is not just a series about zombies or the "walkers". This is a series about how people act when the world around them comes to an end. This is a series about getting to know all the different characters, learning to understand their thoughts, their feelings and then crying over them suddenly passing away. A world where not the walkers are the main enemies humanity has to face: Humanity has to face itself. Expand
  78. Dec 26, 2013
    An amazing show, always managing to outperform itself as it gets better and better, throughout the seasons.
    hopefully it will be a very long time before it is finished.
  79. Nov 21, 2013
    The Walking Dead is scary, thrilling and bloody brilliant. The acting is great, and the special effects are mesmerizing. TWD makes us realize that horror can be this effective and scary. While not as good as Breaking Bad, TWD has a good story, interesting characters such as Glenn and Rick with the awesome Dale, it makes its spot for an awesome tv show this season.
  80. Feb 24, 2013
    Brilliant TV show. I did not start watching it until late in 2012 and was very surprised at how good it is. Interesting characters, well-crafted setting, the zombies look great. Plenty of human drama to complement the action.
  81. Feb 21, 2013
    The series had a good start, it was looking promising, but got lost along the way. The HQ is extremely good, it really catches your attention, but the TV series lack all the drama, the horror and the intelligence the comic books have. It really isn't worth it.
  82. Mar 25, 2013
    In AMC's "The Walking Dead", you see some of the most developing and complex characters in television history. Based mainly on the comicbooks with some twists of its own the serie drags you into its world and makes you feel how these people have to survive. When the action is there, it's fresh and yet heart-pounding, and when it's not it will keep you glued to your screen because of theIn AMC's "The Walking Dead", you see some of the most developing and complex characters in television history. Based mainly on the comicbooks with some twists of its own the serie drags you into its world and makes you feel how these people have to survive. When the action is there, it's fresh and yet heart-pounding, and when it's not it will keep you glued to your screen because of the interresting dialog and stunning acting performances, especially from Norman reedus as Daryl Dixon a fan favorite. Expand
  83. Nov 9, 2013
    The Walking dead is one of the greatest series i've ever seen, only Breaking Bad is on same level. Right from actors, story, drama and character development its just great! Many think that there isnt enough action but then people dont understand what the walking dead is about. This show is about people and thats happens to them in when the world goes under.
  84. Mar 7, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The first season of The Walking Dead is a fantastic introduction to a new world overrun by zombies. In the first episode of the season we are really given the scope and magnitude of the infection. Frank Darabont made a fantastic choice in developing this idea from the comic page to the small screen. With producers like this show has, how could it possibly fail!

From the streets of Atlanta to the offices of the CDC, we don't just encounter zombies but we get a refreshing taste of drama! The character interactions in this series is fantastically portrayed and the acting gives it a realism you rarely get from other programs!

If you haven't watched this series, you haven't lived! (So to speak...)
  85. Mar 18, 2013
    A very good pilot, an average first season, then it really got boring and repetitive.
    When I thought second season was terrible, third came and it went even worse.
    When I thought second season was terrible, third came and it went even worse.

This show is all about people arguing, they do nothing interesting, there is no real apocalyptic feeling watching it. I really did my best to keep watching it in the hope of it getting better, but I give up, this show is hopeless from directing to acting to the screenplay, I just can't watch it anymore, it's painful.
  86. Apr 23, 2013
    Ok, so this show is by no means a 10 or a 1, it's not in the red or yellow either. This show has extremely believable qualities from acting to the effects, however it is not as hype as they say. Yeah it's good but not super. I mean Zombieland is more interesting to watch. But for hardcore fans of zombies you will really like this it's hard to get attached to any character the only time IOk, so this show is by no means a 10 or a 1, it's not in the red or yellow either. This show has extremely believable qualities from acting to the effects, however it is not as hype as they say. Yeah it's good but not super. I mean Zombieland is more interesting to watch. But for hardcore fans of zombies you will really like this it's hard to get attached to any character the only time I actually felt sadden was like 3 times. The little girl turned zombie, the kid having to kill his mom while she was giving birth, when that guy was shot while they stayed at that farm. Thats it, also like the other hyped up show Pretty Little Liars these shows can be hard to watch cause they would take long times getting to a point or climax. At lease with PLL it's always giving us a since that there being watched. I have stopped watching the show. I mean I was suspended for a week and while I was at home and it was raining I saw the whole first season and thought damn thats good, then by the second episode of season 2 It got boring. My review is watch if you either like horror/zombies/or really good filming/effects. 6.5 Expand
  87. Nov 6, 2013
    I like the direction where this season is headed. Even though we spent all of last season with Rick's group hunkered down in the prison, it felt like a secure place to live, at least for now. Now, it feels like a prison and all that it implies. There was a bit of an Aushwitz feel to separating the sick from the non sick, and I'm sure there will be another outbreak soon. But like most, inI like the direction where this season is headed. Even though we spent all of last season with Rick's group hunkered down in the prison, it felt like a secure place to live, at least for now. Now, it feels like a prison and all that it implies. There was a bit of an Aushwitz feel to separating the sick from the non sick, and I'm sure there will be another outbreak soon. But like most, in the back of my mind, I keep thinking, where's the governor and when will he return??!! Expand
  88. Mar 23, 2013
    After sitting down and watching The Walking Dead Season 1, I'm not sure as to why so many people dislike it. I believe its because of the fact that they don't see this first season for what it is, Character Development. And great character development at that. This season was merely to build up the tension and prepare fans for the events in Season 2. This series revolves around the mainAfter sitting down and watching The Walking Dead Season 1, I'm not sure as to why so many people dislike it. I believe its because of the fact that they don't see this first season for what it is, Character Development. And great character development at that. This season was merely to build up the tension and prepare fans for the events in Season 2. This series revolves around the main protagonist, Rick Grimes and his band of survivors as they attempt to rebuild their lives in a post apocalyptic world full of the undead. As well as the undead they must also face off with bandits and psychos who are trying to claim the world for themselves. The Walking Dead has a knack for making you fall in love with a character and then having them die horribly in the next episode. Some sections of the show seem to drag on for a bit too long and may leave you a bit uninterested. The action scenes are executed perfectly and the zombies look and move as they should. Overall if you love other zombie filled franchises than your sure to love The Walking Dead. Expand
  89. Mar 24, 2013
    This show is truly intense in every standard. Thrills, suspense, drama, etc. It may not be so much a scary show, but you have to admit, it's one hell of a show. The zombies may be what makes the show suspensefull, but watching the people have to fight amongst each other not only shows great drama, but even thrills. Especially in season 3. I mean, watching the Governor being his bad,This show is truly intense in every standard. Thrills, suspense, drama, etc. It may not be so much a scary show, but you have to admit, it's one hell of a show. The zombies may be what makes the show suspensefull, but watching the people have to fight amongst each other not only shows great drama, but even thrills. Especially in season 3. I mean, watching the Governor being his bad, villanous self is what really brings in the thrills. I can't to see how season 3 will end. Overall, it's a tremendous zombie show. Truly TV's greatest thrilller. Expand
  90. Mar 26, 2013
    serie fantástica, com muito desfechos inesperados e em um universo totalmente impensado anteriormente, um simbolo da cultura pop atual, e acho que se perpetuara em muitos tempos!
  91. Apr 17, 2013
    Pretty good. I personally think it's a bit overhyped. But it's still good. One thing I will say though is how BS some of the action sequences are. There needs to be more attention to detail. When the actor's are shooting .44s AKs and 12 gauges there is no recoil. Just a flash and a body falls down in the distance.. Really? Most of the actors do their part pretty well. But you never reallyPretty good. I personally think it's a bit overhyped. But it's still good. One thing I will say though is how BS some of the action sequences are. There needs to be more attention to detail. When the actor's are shooting .44s AKs and 12 gauges there is no recoil. Just a flash and a body falls down in the distance.. Really? Most of the actors do their part pretty well. But you never really care about any of them. Sure you don't like that they die but you really don't care honestly. The last thing I'll say about it is how FREAKING TERRIBLE the character Rick Grimes is. The actor tries WAYYYYYYYYY too hard to be dramatic in every way possible to EVERYTHING. Way too over-dramatic. I swear to god the next time I hear "LUUUUUUUUOOOOOOORRAAAAAAY!!!!!!" with him lisping and drooling from the mouth trying to be dramatic I'm going to tear my ears off my head. And the way he acts Mr. Tuff "I'm the leader and I'm going to broaden my shoulders and act like I know what I'm doing".. That's Rick Grimes in a nutshell. And he's going to annoy the hell outta especially since he's the main character. Expand
  92. Mar 26, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. An excellent adaptation of Kirkman's 'The Walking Dead'. The TV series follows suit with the story of Rick Grimes as he journeys through the wasteland of North America. The show has grown in strength entering season 3 after a brief lull during season 2 Season 3 brings memorable characters such as The Governor to the fray as well as racking up the tension, emotion and the brutal kills. Expand
  93. Apr 4, 2013
    Season 1 of The Walking Dead is truly amazing for those who like the constant tension and anxiety of survival. The wake of the apocalyptic event truly entails a scenery that is both nostalgic and frightening. The pacing of the storyline, the character backgrounds and their emotional roller coasters are well-balanced leaving you wanting more. So don't be surprised when you catch yourselfSeason 1 of The Walking Dead is truly amazing for those who like the constant tension and anxiety of survival. The wake of the apocalyptic event truly entails a scenery that is both nostalgic and frightening. The pacing of the storyline, the character backgrounds and their emotional roller coasters are well-balanced leaving you wanting more. So don't be surprised when you catch yourself watching episode after episode. Expand
  94. Jun 24, 2014
    A great new zombie show, but I just wish it was longer. This is just the beginning of what will become a ratings juggernaut this show becomes and it's gets awesome
  95. Apr 26, 2013
    I am pleased with the route the series has taken with a spin off of the comic books. Keeps everyone suspenseful and leaves nobody safe. The direction of season 3 was questionable but with a new man in charge for season 4 and viewing some of the episodes he directed in season 3 I believe the series has a very bright future.
  96. May 11, 2013
    A very good start to the series. I'll take the first episode, as my favorite so far of the season. Without a doubt the best series of Zombies that can be found on television.
  97. Jun 4, 2013
    Great show. Provides a good balance between human drama and horror action. The acting is very good the effects are also great. The characters are all interesting and keep you interested for sure. This show can appeal to just about everyone. I would reccommend this in a heartbeat.
  98. Nov 30, 2014
    The score reflects the entire series not just individual season.

Fantastic show. It took its time building up but it is definitely worth watching. Great story and it keeps getting better with every episode and now I can't wait for it to air. Some of the stuff is pretty f***** up.
  99. May 14, 2013
    Really good stuff.
    The screenwriters of the walking dead did an fantastic job.They focus on the apocalyptic world and the live in it.The zombies are not the main feature but the give the series a little spice which makes it so enjoyable to watch.Good Work .
    Carry on.
  100. May 10, 2013
    The first show that I have smiled all the way though in a long time! Good work AMC and thank you Robert Kirkman
    Tony Moore
    Charlie Adlard
    For Creating A Phenomenon

1. Reviewed by: Tim Goodman
    Dec 7, 2010
    Darabont uses the TV-series format to break convention not only by defying the predictabilities of the horror genre (boo!) but also by infusing the recipe with more storytelling elan.
  2. Reviewed by: Alan Sepinwall
    Dec 7, 2010
    I was encouraged that the character-driven third episode was stronger than the zombie action-heavy second, and perhaps the producers will be proven right--that the longer this saga goes on past these initial six episodes, the more it will set itself apart from the zombie canon.
  3. Reviewed by: Mary McNamara
    Dec 7, 2010
    The Walking Dead, like any good horror tale, still believes in the importance of monsters, perfectly balancing the struggle of basic human decency with those palsied four-in-the-morning moments when we are convinced that everyone around us is trying to eat us alive