• Network: AMC
  • Series Premiere Date: Oct 31, 2010
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4
8.4

1. Jul 9, 2014
    I love this show but I don't see where it's headed. It's like the writers have reached a dead end. I feel like they keep going in circles and nothing interesting happened in the last few episodes of season 4.
  2. Jul 4, 2014
    One of my favourite TV series alongside Breaking Bad, this world of walkers has been beautifully created and the characters have actual personality rather than some TV series. Being based off of the comics, although it is good to see their pages come to life, for those who read them before watching the TV series already knew what was going to happen.
  3. Jun 24, 2014
    This is the only consistent season of The Walking Dead. Frank Darabont's involvement was a huge boost and the series has never fully recovered from it. The only problem is in the 6 episodes not much is resolved. Also some of the acting was off at points.
  4. Jun 24, 2014
    A great new zombie show, but I just wish it was longer. This is just the beginning of what will become a ratings juggernaut this show becomes and it's gets awesome
  5. Jun 22, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. As a long time zombie geek and enthusiast I was thrilled and awed by the first 2 seasons of this show, with all the new characters, different plot twists, and awesomely developed effects and make up. This glow did not last, since the series has since fallen into a rut of **** acting, repetitive stereotype casting and a lack of real enthusiasm overall. So far that i have noticed this should be called "Daryl Dixon's Redneck Groupie Fantasy". I believe a lot of it has to do with who the actor was with the 'Boondock Saints' and nothing to do with the role he currently plays, which in a lot of ways is not truly fair to the actor. If the series does not find a end soon, I fear it will fall victim to the dreaded "Long Running Sitcom" plague that many companies like Disney or even WB. I hope that this next season is the last, because I do not see it lasting wit a strong character base any longer than that. Expand
  6. Jun 21, 2014
    My initial reaction to The Walking Dead left me feeling rather ill and sick, but after re-watching it, i discovered that the show about zombies, isn't just about zombies. We watch people break away into insanity and we watch people who get mauled and dismembered by zombies. The thing I love about this show are the relationships you develop with the characters, which makes it even worse when you see them devoured... A solid 10 out of 10. Expand
  7. May 22, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is simply one of the best things never appeared on the small screen. What a fantastic, deep, emotioning, exciting, dramatic series is this. All the characters are so well narrated since the beginning. MILESTONE. Expand
  8. May 14, 2014
    Best show ever If I had to chose between Dr. Who (Favorite show) and The Walking Dead I would choose The Walking Dead because its SOOO suspensful!!! Keeps you on the edge of your seat with Action And jumpscares LOVE IT!!
  9. May 11, 2014
    This isn't the worst thing on TV, but it's pretty awful. Everything is just at the bottom of its game: the writing, the acting, the special effects (apart from the make up). They don't need 16 episodes to tell a story where something happens maybe every 6 episodes and the rest is just filler. And in case you were wondering whether they're building to some great action set-piece or brilliantly scripted finale, no they're not. They've done this to me twice. Expand
  10. Apr 28, 2014
    This show is very overrated. Meaning that it's not bad but the way people describe this show is baffling. I loved the first season but after that it went downhill. There were a lot of misses than hits in every season after the first. Most of the episodes starts very strong .Overall it's just boring conversations and zombies just shows up once in a while.
  11. Apr 28, 2014
    A pretty good start to a show. This show is pretty good nothing to spectacular but still an entertaining watch. I have only watched the first season and some of season 2 and I can say that this season is way better than season 2. There is a lot of gore and violence which I enjoy so I am entertained buy that. Some episodes are slow and boring but all in all a pretty good show.
  12. Apr 19, 2014
    Awesome season. I couldn't stop watching. There's plenty of drama and action to satisfy everyone. The acting is fantastic and the story is awesome. One fight scene was obviously fake and I didn't like the script at times, but I had no other problems with this.
  13. Apr 11, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Having a few horrifyingly disturbing zombie scenes sprinkled through the show is enough to satisfy some people, but not me. I have absolutely no sympathy with any of the characters. Each and every one of them is exactly what you would expect from an apocalypse show. There are no interesting situations. It's simply "Oh, no! Walkers are coming now!" and then "Oh, no! MORE walkers!" That gets boring fast. I'm no the kind of person who shrieks with excitement every time I see a jump-scare. Jump-scares are simple and boring.

Why am I supposed to care about any of them? They've given me nothing to care about! We don't know anything about them, other than they're scared of zombies. They need to go further into their past to interest me. The plot is very simple and easily explained. I could explain the entire episode in a few seconds because it's that simple. It's like this, "Oh, the stupid little girl ran into the woods because she was being chased by a walker. And now they spent the next three episodes looking for her." COME ON! That's boring! Sometimes NOTHING happens in five or so episodes.

They have lots of random unfortunate accidents, like the little boy getting shot. And the reason those accidents are boring is that you KNOW that the kid's going to survive. I mean, come on! There is no possible way they could kill a kid in the show. No way. It's a simple shocker to get unintelligent people to go "OH, NO! NOT LI'L BILLY!"

Furthermore, the plot is not directed toward one goal. It's so depressing because the survivors have nothing to live for other than for the sake of living. They need to have some main goal they're working toward. Not just "Well, I sure hope we don't die tomorrow!"

Apocalyptic shows are so easy to make "interesting." Just throw a few zombies in and people say "THIS SHOW IS SO INTENSE!" No, it's not. A good show will make you think "I have no idea what I would do in this situation." A good show puts YOU in the shoes of the characters.

Also the acting is pretty bad. Not horrible, but pretty bad. Don't confuse a sad character with a character with depth. Being somber doesn't make you deep. It means you're sad. Period.

But I will say they did a good job with the zombies. They're pretty cool, and it is entertaining to watch people get eaten by zombies, but that alone is not enough to make a show worthwhile.
  14. Apr 2, 2014
    This is the show I wanted so bad to love. I watched the entire first season waiting for things to get interesting. Then I was told that it gets better and to keep watching. So I watched Season 2. Now I'm being told Season 3 is "even better!" No thanks. The acting is terrible, the writing wooden, and the plot bumbles from one big reveal to another, each trying harder than the last to shock me into caring. But I don't.

If you're looking for shocking moments that actually matter, try Game of Thrones or Breaking Bad. If you want horror, try Hannibal or early seasons of Supernatural. If you want zombies, just watch Night of the Living Dead or Dawn of the Dead. Don't want this.
  15. Mar 24, 2014
    Season 1 was brilliant then everything went downhill afterwards. .....................................................................................
  16. Mar 17, 2014
    The first season of AMC's 'The Walking Dead' was a huge hit.
    The series has provided some of the best acting performances seen on TV in recent times and its plot; a frighteningly gripping story; has been an intense roller-coaster of horror and emotion.
    In conclusion, AMC's 'The Walking Dead' is one of / if not the best Zombie themed TV show or movie anyone has seen for a decade.
  17. Mar 15, 2014
    One of the best TV shows ever! Really, I love it.
    If you're in doubt if watching it or not, go instantly to watch it..
    The story is really good, and the atrezzo decorations are really worked.. Dialogues are few, but they're interesting..
    Have fun!
  18. Mar 12, 2014
    One of my all time favorite shows!!It has had me on the edge of my seat quite a bit!Ya never know what will happen next and the effects and graphics are phenomenal!!The cast is perfect...especially Hershal and Carl....well ok so I like all of the cast but those two are my favs...and Darryl...ya all are fabulous and hope it doesn't end soon...Thanks for the awesome show:)
  19. Mar 12, 2014
    I watch this show, for a few reason, mostly because of the characters of the show. This last season 2014... After they forced to leave the prison I dislike it.... It's pretty slow paced and although I get the feel of it, I am annoyed by the zombies. I do feel the show needs a spin off.... How do zombies sneak up on anyone. How can the get a wound but not turn into zombies, but they get bitten they turn in one(active vs dormant) ... Do they freeze in colder claimants? They can make so much noise and yet when a human make a noise of any kind, watch out. Why do they eat when they survive with heads chopped off. There a many other... I will still watch the show. Oh why are they stupid, need a zombie spray scent! Lol Expand
  20. Mar 11, 2014
    I loved this season, lost of suspense and action and plenty of places to take the series, but as soon as it went mainstream, Seasons 2, 3, and 4 have been complete and utter **** Season 2 was a snooze fest. They tried to turn the show into a drama with some zombies here and there. Absolute boring & the drama was completely stupid too. Season 3 they tried to incorporate action with a new town but it's too late, they were just filling in their own grave. It's boring, each episode has the same style and it's all predictable with ****ty ass characters. If they would've taken a good turn after Season 1 this probably would be one of my favorite shows, but it's complete **** now. My rating is for Season 1 and Season 1 ONLY. Not for the other ****ty seasons. Expand
  21. Mar 11, 2014
    I've just discovered this television show after watching many, many other fantasy and sf shows and I became, feeling like a newbie, a big fan starting to watch it from the first season and dive into it for a promising couple of great seasons, I hope, and after I've red many of the reviews, I think that the next couple of weeks will be very zombie coloured... I'll get back soon to go deeper in to the human factor which is definitively also well represented after watching a couple of the season 1 episodes, tada Expand
  22. Mar 11, 2014
    A very bad one, extremely slow history, you will see 1 or 2 things happen in every episode i give it a point because the production, the rest is garbage.
  23. Mar 5, 2014
    How the Walking Dead got an 84 is baffling to me. The show is bland and dumb. You dont give a flying **** about any of the characters. And the plot line is just stupid. I think people like this show just because it has zombies in it. I've asked many people what they like about this show, and I have not heard one that was not "Cuz it's badass," or "Zombies man, totally rad." The first season was ok, but after that they stopped developing a plot. The past three seasons have just been the group finding a new place to stay for the season (i.e. the farm, the prison), gaining and loosing characters, and then finally have a big confrontation at the end of the season (i.e. the war, the raid on the farm). I could go on for hours about all of the dumb stuff in this show, but you get the point. Just go watch Breaking Bad, or something else Expand
  24. Mar 2, 2014
    Since i started watching this TV Show has been just my favorite one, a lot of drama, real messages to your life, nice actors... bla bla

The history line is just awesome, i just don't know what to say, since season 4 anything became very tasty.!
  25. Feb 21, 2014
    This show is amazingly written. Like other series they are messy and loose their storyline but with the Walking Dead ABSOLUTELY IMPRESSED! LOVE IT MUST WATCH
  26. Feb 17, 2014
    When I see "critically acclaimed" and then see 3 seasons of emptiness with zombies, I have to wonder, who are this critics...

The Walking Dead is probably one of the worst series I managed to keep watching, why? Because it has zombies and everyone likes a survivalist zombie story, so I keep watching it hoping that it will improve, but then I saw the first episode of season 4, and
    nothing changed.

Characters:
    They don't look like people, they look like zombies, they are that empty, the best characters are those who fall into the cliche category, because at least they are something.

Nonsense:
    The amount of nonsense is just staggering. The decisions of the group are so stupid and ridiculous it makes me facepalm constantly. An example, character X goes on a supply run which is expected to last a day, character Y for absolutely no reason decides that after 1 hour, 1 hour!!! that someone should go see if character X is alright, OMG! The problem is that this nonsense is prevalent through all the seasons.

Learning Curve:
    The characters have no learning curve, they are just as stupid as they were in the very first episode, they keep doing the most ridiculous mistakes over and over again.

More nonsense:
    The world is almost empty of survivors, yet, they can't find a damn good car, they keep using 70's cars instead of, I don't know... maybe some bad ass HUMV? Maybe a truck? Anything that isn't the worst possible choice please?

And more nonsense:
    Yes let's use old bolt action rifles, because in the USA, one of the most armed countries in the world, there's no better solutions, national guard is gone, everything is gone, but there's no good weapons, the cookie monster took them away and ate them. In all fairness this improved in the last season.

Zombies:
    The slowest and dumbest zombies ever made, its just amazing how the characters over-complicate everything. And then there's the magic zombies who all of a sudden show up from nowhere.

And even more nonsense:
    You have an entire forest, where there's a small pack of zombies moving through. You are "cloaked" from them, they can't smell you and they are going the same route as you are. Apparently there's two choices, you go through any other forest path, or you go into the middle of the horde and go with them. What would you chose? Be in the middle of a horde of flesh eating monsters or not? The characters in this series seem to think that being in the center of the horde is the most viable and sane choice.

This series really took a new step into the realm of silliness, there's no story, no characters, no learning, no evolution, no horror, no fear, no empathy, absolutely no realism at all. There's very little to like, acting is ok, scenarios are fine, and that's pretty much it.
  27. Feb 16, 2014
    Obviously one of the greatest horror shows on television, The Walking Dead had enough bloody zombie violence (Which most of us came to watch) to keep up entertained but over time the popular series becomes more of a drama that has declined from it's original state and eventually cause me to lose interest around mid-season 3.
  28. Feb 9, 2014
    The series got off to a stellar start! The pilot was absolutely perfectly done. The show also know how to strike a good blend between character development and amazing gory violence. So far so good.
  29. Jan 31, 2014
    Best series I've ever seen.. Great characters, great, deep story and the zombies are looking so damn good. I'm so excited to watch the 4th and the other two Episodes :)
  30. Jan 6, 2014
    I'm not sure if you can find a better example of adapting source material like the Comics for TWD in any genre. This is quintessentially perfect, and incredibly re-watchable even after 3 years it still is something I'll go back to and continually watch.
  31. Dec 31, 2013
    Extremely overrated. Think about it for a minute, and how repetitive, slow, and poorly acted the show really is. Also, none of the characters are too interesting, they all just seem annoying. People don't understand that this is a disappointing show, because zombies are cool but the show makes them dull. Watch a movie like 28 Days Later and you'll see how zombies and zombie films/shows should be like. Expand
  32. Dec 30, 2013
    O começo de uma das séries mais emocionantes da tv fantástica, The Walking Dead rompe todos os patamar e se estabelece com uma boa trama e ótimos personagens.
  33. Dec 27, 2013
    This show is great. Every episode is packed with action and thrills, leaving you at the edge of your seat the entire time. Andrew Lincoln's performance is superb and each new episode makes you jittery for the rest of the week wanting more. From slashing a walker's head with a katana to killing your infected family member this show really provides that action and suspense you really want from a show. 10/10 no doubt. Expand
  34. Dec 26, 2013
    An amazing show, always managing to outperform itself as it gets better and better, throughout the seasons.
    hopefully it will be a very long time before it is finished.
  35. Dec 22, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I was a reader of the comics and fell in love with the atmosphere of them, the changing environment and the unforeseeable events. When I first saw the show, I fell in love. Season 1 and 2 brought a lot to the table. During Season 3, it started going down-hill.

The story was at first very exciting, because there was only a limited amount of characters and if they died, it'd leave the group struggling.

During the end of Season 3, when a bus full of survivors show up, it's like the writers are saying, "Hey, look at all these useless characters we can kill off!"

Season 1 was brilliant writing and then it turned into lazy writing.

Overall, a good television show with great potential remaining.
  36. Dec 13, 2013
    This is by far the best TV series i have ever seen. I wish i could give it a 100, but it will have to settle for a 10 out of 10. You get so into the series, and in with the characters that you feel your in the situation right then with them. an unbelievably good series. every season gets a 10 out of 10 for me (a 100 if i could). :)

This series just keeps getting better every episode. If
    they put out a movie, of The Walking Dead, you can bet that it will be the best movie ever produced, i'd guarantee it. especially since those people who have Dish don't get to experience such an awesome TV series. I'm not trying to sell out Dish, but you got to see The Walking Dead. You will get hooked right after the first episode. Expand
  37. Dec 7, 2013
    Zombie aren't the sexiest creatures to date, at which they do live up to their name "The Walking Dead". The post-apocalyptic setting has been a overused figure, although this time around it stand out of the pack. This series is a great accomplishment being dynamic and engaging with it's far shares of scare-fest points -who's turning the doorknob?!- it's definitely extremely bloody, as zombie guts splatter all over the place like chunky borscht. Zombies fans will be impressed raring for more! Expand
  38. Dec 5, 2013
    Not as much of a let-down as a show like Dexter sinceThe Walking Dead is more of a steady uniform malaise that has no heights to fall from. It's a sugary rush that leaves you empty though you'll probably notice a lingering dissatisfaction from watching the series long after you're done. There are no real characters, no cohesive viewpoints, no real theme–all empty calories. If you're in for great special effects and cheap thrills and don't want to wrestle with big ideas or emotional weight stemming from what great characters and great writing in a series can bring you, then you will be rewarded by watching this series. Expand
  39. Dec 5, 2013
    La primera temporada de esta serie merece la pena, buena historia contada con buen ritmo y con grandes escenas, el viajar por un país lleno de muertos vivientes ofrece muchas posibilidades de hacer una gran serie.
  40. Nov 26, 2013
    I usually don't stick with TV series (sometimes movies are already too long), but after I saw the first episode I got hooked. I'm watching the second season at the moment and it's even better than this one.
  41. Nov 25, 2013
    season is by far the best season because it is so eventful compered to the rest of the series. it leaves you on the edge of your seat wondering what will happen next. out of the 'bigger' shows on TV such as game of thrones, breaking bad and such this shows first season in my opinion is by far the best. its so disappointing that the writers made the show so slow in the second and third season, and now the fourth is reviving the paste just a little bit. so if you want to watch a good show this one is a great one to watch because even though it becomes painfully slow it pays of at the end of each season making you want to continue watching all that much more. I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did Expand
  42. Nov 24, 2013
    The Walking Dead is a great show and an even better graphic novel. The first and second seasons of the show are by far the best. The current (fourth) season of the show leaves me feeling like I am always being hung over a cliff waiting for the next big thing to happen, but it just never comes. I really hope that the show continues to progress through the story and doesn't flicker out in the fifth season, but judging by how the story is progressing now, that just may be the case. That being said: This is one of the best television series that I have ever watched and like I said earlier, an even better graphic novel (hint hint pick them up) Expand
  43. Nov 22, 2013
    This season of the walking dead is a good season so far and the governor is back. i do not want spoiled the next week episode of it is all about the governor again
  44. Nov 21, 2013
    The Walking Dead is scary, thrilling and bloody brilliant. The acting is great, and the special effects are mesmerizing. TWD makes us realize that horror can be this effective and scary. While not as good as Breaking Bad, TWD has a good story, interesting characters such as Glenn and Rick with the awesome Dale, it makes its spot for an awesome tv show this season.
  45. Nov 11, 2013
    AMAZING. One of the best pilots ever. Episode #1 was scary going down the stairs thinking a zombie will come out at any time but the reason it was so awesome was the fact that nothing happened. Drama at its best, and I loved it. Felt like I was there.
  46. Nov 9, 2013
    The Walking dead is one of the greatest series i've ever seen, only Breaking Bad is on same level. Right from actors, story, drama and character development its just great! Many think that there isnt enough action but then people dont understand what the walking dead is about. This show is about people and thats happens to them in when the world goes under.
  47. Nov 6, 2013
    I like the direction where this season is headed. Even though we spent all of last season with Rick's group hunkered down in the prison, it felt like a secure place to live, at least for now. Now, it feels like a prison and all that it implies. There was a bit of an Aushwitz feel to separating the sick from the non sick, and I'm sure there will be another outbreak soon. But like most, in the back of my mind, I keep thinking, where's the governor and when will he return??!! Expand
  48. Nov 5, 2013
    An amazing show about survival & zombies to be exact. Very emotional and it is hard to stop watching when your glued in. Not as good as Breaking Bad but it's a special show.
  49. Oct 31, 2013
    It's plain and simple. Very boring. Some horrible acting and terrible subplots really hurt the show. It's also nothing like the comic, which are honestly far superior. It gets 3 points for having good special effects.
  50. Oct 28, 2013
    After watching all the seasons and including new episodes of season 4, I am really impressed. The acting isn't great but not bad. The story lines amazing, the zombie makeup is REVOLUTIONARY, and along with blood and gore, I would highly recommend this for zombie lovers and drama lovers.
  51. Oct 23, 2013
    The acting, dialogue, and depth of characters in this show are the reason I come back. I am, admittedly, a zombie fanatic, but the zombies are merely plot in this show, which is a nice change from typical zombie fare where the zombies almost seem to be the main characters.

There have been some plot choices that I didn't like, and then some that were just bad. I give this show a 10, and
    I won't do that for any other show I've ever seen. The difference between the 9 that I'll give and the 10, reserved exclusively for TWD, is the fact that this show haunts me all week until the new episode comes out. I have no idea what's going to happen and I love it when a show can surprise me. It's rare. I guess, I analyze, I debate and discuss this with my friends who like it. I have never been taken with a show like I am with this one.

Another reason is that TWD has raised my standards such that shows I might have liked a few years ago don't interest me now because they can't compete. I give shows 5 episodes to hook me, but the number of shows that have survived that trial in the last two years is really small. I blame The Walking Dead.
  52. Oct 23, 2013
    Season 1 of the Walking Dead was a great way to launch this epic zombie series. While the story isn't exactly original (due to it being based on zombies) it's still a great enjoyment. There are loveable characters, very hated characters and enough drama to keep it interesting. To me, what keeps the Walking Dead alive are all the great characters. We've gotten so attached to our favorite characters, whether it's our protagonist or our token black guy or our favorite redneck, we don't want to see them go and want to watch how their new lives in this zombie filled world unfold. Overall, the first season of the Walking Dead is a good watch and I'd highly recommend it. Expand
  53. Oct 19, 2013
    this first season of the walking dead was simply great, every episode has merits of being good, not only throughout the season but its end is great, I wanted to see what would be in that group of survivors with no goal to reach.
  54. Oct 19, 2013
    The first part of the season is a well crafted, almost shot-for-shot adaptation of the original graphic novel. The second half strays away but maintains the excitement and terror you'd very much expect from a zombie apocalypse.
  55. Oct 15, 2013
    I try really hard to like this show, since it has always gotten such good reviews and it's actually so popular, another reason for me trying is because I've always liked zombies, so this is a first. I find it to be one the worst tv shows I've watched, the plot is dull, the acting isn't the best and I definitely believe this show is highly overrated. It has gotten to the point of annoyance. I hate it. Expand
  56. Oct 15, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The walking dead is an amazing series it has great characters it's scary and emotional It's an action packed tv series It's very gory I recomend it You should watch it Expand
  57. Oct 15, 2013
    The Walking Dead não traz grandes surpresas, e não se diferencia de outras obras com tema zumbis, a não ser pelo formado serie, e ai que a exigências aumentam. Para prender o telespectador a trama tem que ter muitos ganchos e sub temas atrativos e aqui isso não acontece, seguindo uma unica linha narrativa a trama se prende demais a estética zumbi e deixa a narração de lado.
  58. Oct 15, 2013
    I am starting to fall in love with the brand new season (season 4) omg I just love the walking dead. The way they started episode 1 off was just genius. If you havnt watched it then I suggest you do! Here come the walkers!
  59. Oct 15, 2013
    simply the best drama Tv series of all time. there ain't nothing like this show anywhere. anyone who thinks this is bad is a F...
    i HAVEN'T seen a zombie genre show like this. really effects on me.
  60. Oct 13, 2013
    The first season of Walking Dead finally brings back the zombie genre. With great acting, characters, editing, and pacing, this show is not afraid to go all out and kill off main characters. Here's to hoping that this show sticks around a while!
  61. Oct 13, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. there is no logic in the series, the characters are stupid, just irritate their illogical behavior. There is no common sense, the actions of the survivors contradicting themselves. 1 of only 10 in the first series of the first season. Expand
  62. Oct 12, 2013
    The acting in this season is amazing by Andrew Lincoln and of course everyone's favorite Norman Reedus or Daryl Dixon some hiccups along the way which is why i dont give it a ten but much better than season 2 I WONDER WHY COUGH COUGH FRANK DARANBONT COUGH COUGH but overall an amazing show
  63. Oct 11, 2013
    One of the most remarkable dramas on TV. Stunning, scary, disgusting, dramatic, suspenseful.........pure entertainment!!!! Don't miss it!!! Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus are the best in my opinion.
  64. Oct 9, 2013
    Post Apocalyptic Zombies in a Television series. It's original, and what's not to like? Well, for starters, how about, the characters. Yes, the characters. The cast of the Walking Dead is so SO unlikable that after somehow managing to struggle through the first season before I gave up on it, I was rooting for the zombies. Women like this show because of Daryl, who is a good looking actor, but a horrible character, which I guess doesn't matter. At this point, I believe the reason the Walking Dead has becoming so popular among TV watchers is for the following few reasons, 1. Other people you know watch it and you want to talk about it with them, 2. It's not afraid to kill off cast members (thank god), 3. It has Zombies, and 4. It has zombies. I challenge you to tell me, in more than 5 words what about The Walking Dead is actually deserving of positive reviews. Lets talk about the "action" element of the show. How does one kill an enemy that doesn't posses the brain power to fight back? Well... you shoot it, or you chop it's head off while it stands there. Very static. How do zombies kill you? They outnumber you. Again, static. What zombie films have that make them good, the walking dead does not. By the end of the first season, we have no idea where they came from, and the entire show is just watching unlikable characters survive and piss each other off, including the audience. 3 Stars. Barely. Expand
  65. Oct 7, 2013
    It's a fun show. It's got everything you want from a zombie show; sorrow, brutal violence, great characters and attachment. It's a good show. The show that everyone will talk about in 30 years besides Breaking Bad.
  66. Oct 7, 2013
    The Walking Dead is overall a very good show (season 1,2,3) but the first ever season is by far the best and if the writers (who replaced the old ones) were able to improve on it I truly believe it could have been one of the greatest shows ever. Other than Ozymandias (Breaking Bad), the first episode of season 1 is probably the best episode of television I have ever watched.

As for
    Season 1 in general, it was absolutely fantastic. It got me shouting at the TV with the jumps, the crazy moments and the sad moments. The characters were great, the story line was believable and the direction the show was heading could have ended up being up there with Breaking Bad and Game Of Thrones.

But with the writers being fired for Season 2 on wards, there is a noticeable difference between S1 and S2/S3. It has become so average, the story seems to be going no where which is disappointing. But dont get me wrong, The Walking Dead is one of my favorite shows, but I can't help but think it could have been an all time great if it built up from the brilliant season 1.

The Walking Dead Season 1: 10/10
  67. Oct 1, 2013
    The Walking Dead Season 1 was an amazing start to a great new series based on a zombie apocalypse. Rarely done as a TV series the zombie genre has crawled its way back from the dead after several rehash comedic movies and have started a Renaissance which produced new seasons of this show among numerous games, movies, comics and other forms of media based on the Zombie genre. About the show itself however the characters, the storyline and the entire setting is quite nicely done. The emotion that is shown in the entire season is well put and despite the fact that some of the actors may not be well known upon the beginning of this show they will be known afterwards for years to come especially when newer seasons appear. The only main complaint in this season however is the length as the first season was only 6 episodes long. Expand
  68. Sep 29, 2013
    Saw this show a while ago, ad just decided to write a review for this season. Brilliant writing and acting all around. Very well paced, and unlike a lot of recent zombie shows/movies, there are some genuinely scary scenes. The season was amazing and I was instantly hooked.
  69. Sep 26, 2013
    This show is awesome. But there are some parts where you question if this was the right way to go in terms of story and survival team co-existence and overall feeling. Nevertheless this show is worth your free time if you are into the whole zombie apocalypse theme and setting.
  70. Sep 24, 2013
    Amazing show! It has everything a zombie apocalypse show should have! The acting is outstanding and has an amazing storyline. It has you on edge always worried about each character and what is about to happen to the group next. Some episodes have even made me cry! Amazing! I'm going to write this for all 3 season because they all truly are brilliant! No complaints!
  71. Sep 17, 2013
    I don't understand all the hype for this show. I saw the first episode among others, and the show is kind of dull, to be honest. It has a lot of shots of Andrew Lincoln's confused face as the events in the first episode unfold, and a lot of confusion and devices to move the story long. It isn't a bad show, per se, but it definitely doesn't deserve all the hype it's been getting.
  72. Sep 13, 2013
    This first season in a nutshell has been very good, but with some ups and downs, I really liked the pilot episode, my favorite characters are Rick and Morgan, the series deviates much from the comic in which they are based, but I can not deny that have excellent makeup to characterize the zombies out excellent highlight Noah Emmerich as Dr. Edwin Jenner.
  73. Sep 1, 2013
    The First Season of amc's the walking dead, blew me away, i was so surprised when i first sat down and watched the first episode i honestly wasn't expecting anything like this: A zombie drama that focuses more on the survivors and how they cope with the changing of their environment, The first season of the walking dead was so good, the Past was good, the action was great, the first episode was amazing followed by 6 other will down episodes, AMC's the Walking Dead is truly worth your time. FINAL VERDICT 10/10 Expand
  74. Aug 24, 2013
    zOMG Walking Bad is a epic RAWR! zombiez and de bacon and like epic zombie bacons are like SO epic. This epic show is like SO epically in tune with my young generation's epic aesthetic legacy right meow meng. I feel so in tune with my generation because I watch this show about zombies right meow. Epic zomby apocolips is like so comin dudes. If you don't like Walking Bad than you are incompetent. If you don't think this is the best tv show of the decade you don't understand the magnitude of important uniquely intellectual epic zombiez symbolizm right meow. You will be proven wrong as time passes and people look back on this as profoundly prophetically epic and edgy. Watching Walking Bad and enjoying it is tantamount to moral and intellectual truth. Walking Bad is pure swag so don't be critical of it in any way or you will be considered an uncultured idiot. I want to watch it again right meow YOLO K thx bai Expand
  75. Aug 21, 2013
    Moderately entertaining. Season one is the only season that I found worth watching. The dialogue is too cheesy (pilot episode about women leaving the lights on for an example). The characters are really boring and don't show much emotion. Rick Grimes is not a good lead protagonist. Other shows have Walter White, Tyrion Lannister, or Tony Soprano. This has boring Rick Grimes who is surrounded by other boring characters. The show isn't scary either, and it hardly has zombies in it! The coolest parts of the show are with the zombies, and they aren't on screen that often. The pacing is dreadfully slow as well. Season two is when I was done with the show as they spent the entire season at a farm. Watch the first season, but I can't recommend that you watch anything past that. Expand
  76. Aug 13, 2013
    This show is masterpiece. Every time I watch one episode, I want to go to the next episode. You get emotionally attached to the characters, and they kill them off, that makes you unpredictable of what is going to happen next
  77. Jul 28, 2013
    A very gripping, emotional, intense journey through the zombie-infested state of Georgia. You will grow attached to these people (well, maybe not some of them!) and care for their fate. A good watch.
  78. Jul 27, 2013
    Conceptually, The Walking Dead had me sold from the very first episode. Zombie apocalypse, survival horror, intense drama between survivors...these are a few of my favorite things. Looking back on three seasons in the books, The Walking Dead peaked early and has hit a comfortable middle ground since. There are signs of things picking back up, as the 2nd and 3rd seasons almost feel like catalysts for what's bound to come next. Regardless, after three seasons, I feel comfortable in my opinion that this is the best non-HBO series to be found on television. Expand
  79. Jul 14, 2013
    This is quite frankly the magnum opus of the zombie genre. If you're looking for thrills and spectacular special effects, this show is for you. The makeup work is entirely without flaw, if zombies were real, this show portrays exactly what they'd look like, no hokiness to be had here. However, the story and drama has become merely average compared to the first season.
  80. Jul 11, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. That series sucks. Why? The story is so artificial and cliche.

- First at episode 2, just when they are passing the walkers starts rain. Just when cant rain. You watch 20 episodies, and never rain!
    - At episode 4, the fight with the others is without reason, is stupid. At same episode the final is so dramatic too. The walkers are more slow than my grandmother, then the girls stop and waits to be bitten. She dont defend her self, and start scream after bite.

- Mille cut of his hand to escape? Oh my god, that was so original! I doubt that a saw can cut off a hand but cant cut the link of the handcuff.

- Most episodes have much pointless drama, like a soap opera. Is note a action series, is a drama novel.

- The car stolen, the sport one. Is that true, just go there and steal? The gas is ok? The batteries too?

To me, after play last of us, stories like that is pointless and artificial. Like i said, is a dramatic novel for ladies, a soap.
  81. Jun 28, 2013
    I love this tv show people need too stop hate-ing on this show there is tons too like and if like. Zombies you will definitely want too check it out if you have not already.
  82. Jun 18, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Little good shows these days especially ones that aren't sitcoms. But this show just captures all the good and bad (which there is a lot of) about the zombie apocalypse and surprisingly there is so much main deaths and it feels like there is protective barrier that keeps rick and Carl safe no matter what which spoils the show a bit, but still its so good Norman reeds has gained a lot of attention for his outstanding role as daryl everyone's favourite, and now I'm waiting for season 4 ROLL ON OCTOBER Expand
  83. Jun 16, 2013
    I loved it but it was really sad that it was only six episodes? Truly disappointed. What surprised me was that from even the first season some people die. Really liked it. It keeps you interest for the next season. Extraorrdinary
  84. Jun 14, 2013
    One of the most over rated tv shows in recent memory. It is still a decent show but some points make me cringe at how bad the acting is and the plot isn't the greatest. If The Walking Dead kept up with the awesomeness that was Pilot episode this would be a much better show. The Pilot was so well executed and the show just seemed to take a nose dive once Rick met up with the group. Seriously, go watch the Pilot and then compare it to a random episode. Expand
  85. Jun 4, 2013
    Great show. Provides a good balance between human drama and horror action. The acting is very good the effects are also great. The characters are all interesting and keep you interested for sure. This show can appeal to just about everyone. I would reccommend this in a heartbeat.
  86. May 29, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Great show, good acting zombie make up is great, the location from season 1 to season 3 is great all characters are great the young boy in it takes a very good part but so do all the others roll on the next season Expand
  87. May 25, 2013
    Based on a series of graphic novels from Robert Kirkman The Walking Dead is certainly one of the most original (I know there have been lots of zombie movies but no TV show I can remember) and entertaining shows to debut in the last few years.

This first season may only be six episodes long, due to the expensive nature of the show, but it fits more action and drama into those six
    episodes than most shows fit into twenty. There is certainly enough blood and gore to satisfy fans of horror movies but sensibly show runner Frank Darabont has taken the decision to only follow the graphic novel storylines loosely, slowing down proceedings on occasions and allowing the characters a chance to develop themselves. In fact the only slight disappointment in this first season was the visit to the super high tech disease centre, elements of which went a little too far down the sci-fi route for comfort and losing what makes this show different. Thankfully this seems to have been an exception rather than the norm in what was a promising start to what could become a cult classic. Expand
  88. May 14, 2013
    Really good stuff.
    The screenwriters of the walking dead did an fantastic job.They focus on the apocalyptic world and the live in it.The zombies are not the main feature but the give the series a little spice which makes it so enjoyable to watch.Good Work .
    Carry on.
  89. May 11, 2013
    A very good start to the series. I'll take the first episode, as my favorite so far of the season. Without a doubt the best series of Zombies that can be found on television.
  90. May 10, 2013
    The first show that I have smiled all the way though in a long time! Good work AMC and thank you Robert Kirkman
    Tony Moore
    Charlie Adlard
    For Creating A Phenomenon
  91. Apr 28, 2013
    Best zombie apocalypse series. All the things happening makes you think about what's going to happen next. The cast is good, the performance of the actors are simply perfect for every situation, watch the 1st episode and be ready to watch all the others seasons!
  92. Apr 27, 2013
    Great first season. Very fast paced and action packed six episodes with tight excellent plotting. Thankfully, the season ended on a high note with almost no filler. Every episode counted in the overall story arc. The premise is age old and unoriginal, but the execution was impeccable. The main characters were fleshed out pretty decently. Oddly, my favorite character thus far has been the redneck with the crossbow, who always comes in handy to the group in tight spots. Expand
  93. Apr 26, 2013
    I am pleased with the route the series has taken with a spin off of the comic books. Keeps everyone suspenseful and leaves nobody safe. The direction of season 3 was questionable but with a new man in charge for season 4 and viewing some of the episodes he directed in season 3 I believe the series has a very bright future.
  94. Apr 23, 2013
    Ok, so this show is by no means a 10 or a 1, it's not in the red or yellow either. This show has extremely believable qualities from acting to the effects, however it is not as hype as they say. Yeah it's good but not super. I mean Zombieland is more interesting to watch. But for hardcore fans of zombies you will really like this it's hard to get attached to any character the only time I actually felt sadden was like 3 times. The little girl turned zombie, the kid having to kill his mom while she was giving birth, when that guy was shot while they stayed at that farm. Thats it, also like the other hyped up show Pretty Little Liars these shows can be hard to watch cause they would take long times getting to a point or climax. At lease with PLL it's always giving us a since that there being watched. I have stopped watching the show. I mean I was suspended for a week and while I was at home and it was raining I saw the whole first season and thought damn thats good, then by the second episode of season 2 It got boring. My review is watch if you either like horror/zombies/or really good filming/effects. 6.5 Expand
  95. Apr 17, 2013
    Pretty good. I personally think it's a bit overhyped. But it's still good. One thing I will say though is how BS some of the action sequences are. There needs to be more attention to detail. When the actor's are shooting .44s AKs and 12 gauges there is no recoil. Just a flash and a body falls down in the distance.. Really? Most of the actors do their part pretty well. But you never really care about any of them. Sure you don't like that they die but you really don't care honestly. The last thing I'll say about it is how FREAKING TERRIBLE the character Rick Grimes is. The actor tries WAYYYYYYYYY too hard to be dramatic in every way possible to EVERYTHING. Way too over-dramatic. I swear to god the next time I hear "LUUUUUUUUOOOOOOORRAAAAAAY!!!!!!" with him lisping and drooling from the mouth trying to be dramatic I'm going to tear my ears off my head. And the way he acts Mr. Tuff "I'm the leader and I'm going to broaden my shoulders and act like I know what I'm doing".. That's Rick Grimes in a nutshell. And he's going to annoy the hell outta especially since he's the main character. Expand
  96. Apr 10, 2013
    If you've seen movies such as Dawn of the Dead, 28 Days/Weeks later, Land of the Dead or even the Resident Evil series you'll find nothing new here. On top of that you've got boring characters doing stupid things and zombies that appear to have script adjusted speed. Many times characters say don't do X and then the next minute do X with predictable results.
    In short this is a series with
    zombies, written by zombies for zombies. Give it a miss, things get worse in series 2. [3/10] Expand
  97. Apr 7, 2013
    The setting of the show is amazing the world is coming to an end and humanity is on the verge of returning to the Stone Age and becoming an agrarian economy. Zombies are decimating the world population I mean what was not to like!
    What surprised me was how the writers of the show managed to achieve the feat of making every character so unlikeable and pedestrian and as a consequence the
    series boring. The show fails remarkably in creating a dystopia. The post-apocalyptic vision the show captures is so mundane it was a struggle for me to sit through the six episodes of Season 1. The only good bits were the terrific visual effects.
    I’m going to fast forward to Season 3 and set up a scene for you A car is zipping across what is a deserted highway, brown leaves strewn on the road, you can tell the place has seen its share of carnage. One of the occupants of the car is our Hero, Rick Grimes. As the car races across the Road a solitary young man carrying a huge backpack appears and at first frantically urges the car to stop then begs and pleads with them to take pity on him and help him. There isn’t even a discussion by the occupants whether they should stop or not they just keep going. On the way back they cross the same patch of the Road. You can see there’s fresh blood on the gravel guts sprayed across the tarmac. There’s a dead body on the road it’s the same guy who wanted to be rescued desperately. The car crosses the Dead body or what’s left of it and as if as an afterthought the driver brings the car to a halt few metres ahead and pauses, then puts the car in reverse it comes to a stop next to the back pack. Somebody picks it up and they’r on their way again. Not a word is exchanged during all this. After all what is there to be said, characters are past debating the morality of such actions self-preservation now precedes everything and even 10 year old boys do horrible things not out of malice but out of necessity. And it’s not just Zombies that Humanity has to contend with it’s the danger they pose each other too, fighting over what are now quickly depleting resources. It’s moments like these that are flat our brilliant and for once you do believe the apocalypse is upon our planet. The problem is scenes such are these aren’t too frequent and that I believe is what’s now keeping it from becoming a cinematic achievement, but the show has improved considerably since early days and I believe now finally it’s hands down the best series ever created against the backdrop of a post-apocalyptic earth. Random thought would have been great to see someone adapt ‘World War Z’ into a TV series I know it is not going to happen. The movie Trilogy will be great 6- 8 hours of entertainment nonetheless, delivered over a course of three years.
    I felt nothing for the characters in ‘The Walking Dead’ even mid-way through season 2 and stopped watching after the 5th episode. But I’m glad I gave it another chance last week (couldn’t sleep, decided I’d watch one more episode and perhaps see why the US of A was so fixated on how amazing it really was, I ended up watching right through to the end of Season 3). It gets better during the latter half of the second season and the third season is when the show finally sets out to become what is should have been in the first place a chilling tale of survival on a doomed planet (YES, I took the trouble to think real hard and come up with the most hackneyed cliché to describe it). Like me, if you hated the show early on even though you were a fan of the genre and wanted to like the show, I’d recommend you give it another shot and stay with it a while you will not be disappointed unless you don’t like Zombie genre all together, if that is the case then I doubt you’ll find any merit at all in this tale.
    I can’t wait to see where they’ll be taking it come Season 4 because NO, I don’t read comic books so I don’t know what the story has in store for us.
  98. Apr 4, 2013
    Season 1 of The Walking Dead is truly amazing for those who like the constant tension and anxiety of survival. The wake of the apocalyptic event truly entails a scenery that is both nostalgic and frightening. The pacing of the storyline, the character backgrounds and their emotional roller coasters are well-balanced leaving you wanting more. So don't be surprised when you catch yourself watching episode after episode. Expand
  99. Apr 2, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This show has fallen far from where it started. the first season was well done, actually creating tension within the group led by Rick with zombies! Now the show has devolved into "Days of our Lives" zombie edition with nothing but walking, talking, and petty drama issues that are basically, "he did it, no he did it, no she did it." It's upsetting to see the zombies have taken a complete backseat to these kind of dilemmas. When watching an episode you have a 10% a zombie will pose an actual threat. Otherwise back to the petty squabbles of humanity. I would understand if they had the drama like the first season with Merle and T-Dog but keep the zombies as the forefront of the problem. The stupid governor and his village has carried on with absolutely nothing happening in each episode for far too long. The writers even managed to make me hate basically all the characters except for Daryl and Merle (and he died when they were finally giving him some back story). I'm sorry but I was glad when Lori died (she always screwed something up and never watched Carl), I hate Carl (he is the reason Dale died), Hershel is pretty cool (he's just Santa without a foot), Rick doesn't really seem to know what's going on anymore, Michonne has potential but I started to dislike her after that dumb picture/cat scene she had with Carl. In the previously mentioned cat/picture scene I was hopeful they were bringing Morgan (that was his name right?) back from the first season because I really liked his character. He's just coocoo for cocopoofs though because his son died (it is a tragedy but I didn't like where they left him personally). They should stick to a "zombie" show that actually has zombies and not people just at each other with nothing ever happening in any of the episodes. Waste of time. Expand
  100. Mar 26, 2013
    serie fantástica, com muito desfechos inesperados e em um universo totalmente impensado anteriormente, um simbolo da cultura pop atual, e acho que se perpetuara em muitos tempos!

1. Reviewed by: Tim Goodman
    Dec 7, 2010
    Darabont uses the TV-series format to break convention not only by defying the predictabilities of the horror genre (boo!) but also by infusing the recipe with more storytelling elan.
  2. Reviewed by: Alan Sepinwall
    Dec 7, 2010
    I was encouraged that the character-driven third episode was stronger than the zombie action-heavy second, and perhaps the producers will be proven right--that the longer this saga goes on past these initial six episodes, the more it will set itself apart from the zombie canon.
  3. Reviewed by: Mary McNamara
    Dec 7, 2010
    The Walking Dead, like any good horror tale, still believes in the importance of monsters, perfectly balancing the struggle of basic human decency with those palsied four-in-the-morning moments when we are convinced that everyone around us is trying to eat us alive