• Network: AMC
  • Series Premiere Date: Oct 31, 2010
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4
8.4

1. Apr 19, 2014
    Awesome season. I couldn't stop watching. There's plenty of drama and action to satisfy everyone. The acting is fantastic and the story is awesome. One fight scene was obviously fake and I didn't like the script at times, but I had no other problems with this.
  2. Apr 11, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Having a few horrifyingly disturbing zombie scenes sprinkled through the show is enough to satisfy some people, but not me. I have absolutely no sympathy with any of the characters. Each and every one of them is exactly what you would expect from an apocalypse show. There are no interesting situations. It's simply "Oh, no! Walkers are coming now!" and then "Oh, no! MORE walkers!" That gets boring fast. I'm no the kind of person who shrieks with excitement every time I see a jump-scare. Jump-scares are simple and boring.

Why am I supposed to care about any of them? They've given me nothing to care about! We don't know anything about them, other than they're scared of zombies. They need to go further into their past to interest me. The plot is very simple and easily explained. I could explain the entire episode in a few seconds because it's that simple. It's like this, "Oh, the stupid little girl ran into the woods because she was being chased by a walker. And now they spent the next three episodes looking for her." COME ON! That's boring! Sometimes NOTHING happens in five or so episodes.

They have lots of random unfortunate accidents, like the little boy getting shot. And the reason those accidents are boring is that you KNOW that the kid's going to survive. I mean, come on! There is no possible way they could kill a kid in the show. No way. It's a simple shocker to get unintelligent people to go "OH, NO! NOT LI'L BILLY!"

Furthermore, the plot is not directed toward one goal. It's so depressing because the survivors have nothing to live for other than for the sake of living. They need to have some main goal they're working toward. Not just "Well, I sure hope we don't die tomorrow!"

Apocalyptic shows are so easy to make "interesting." Just throw a few zombies in and people say "THIS SHOW IS SO INTENSE!" No, it's not. A good show will make you think "I have no idea what I would do in this situation." A good show puts YOU in the shoes of the characters.

Also the acting is pretty bad. Not horrible, but pretty bad. Don't confuse a sad character with a character with depth. Being somber doesn't make you deep. It means you're sad. Period.

But I will say they did a good job with the zombies. They're pretty cool, and it is entertaining to watch people get eaten by zombies, but that alone is not enough to make a show worthwhile.
  3. Apr 2, 2014
    This is the show I wanted so bad to love. I watched the entire first season waiting for things to get interesting. Then I was told that it gets better and to keep watching. So I watched Season 2. Now I'm being told Season 3 is "even better!" No thanks. The acting is terrible, the writing wooden, and the plot bumbles from one big reveal to another, each trying harder than the last to shock me into caring. But I don't.

If you're looking for shocking moments that actually matter, try Game of Thrones or Breaking Bad. If you want horror, try Hannibal or early seasons of Supernatural. If you want zombies, just watch Night of the Living Dead or Dawn of the Dead. Don't want this.
  4. Mar 24, 2014
    Season 1 was brilliant then everything went downhill afterwards. .....................................................................................
  5. Mar 17, 2014
    The first season of AMC's 'The Walking Dead' was a huge hit.
    The series has provided some of the best acting performances seen on TV in recent times and its plot; a frighteningly gripping story; has been an intense roller-coaster of horror and emotion.
    In conclusion, AMC's 'The Walking Dead' is one of / if not the best Zombie themed TV show or movie anyone has seen for a decade.
  6. Mar 15, 2014
    One of the best TV shows ever! Really, I love it.
    If you're in doubt if watching it or not, go instantly to watch it..
    The story is really good, and the atrezzo decorations are really worked.. Dialogues are few, but they're interesting..
    Have fun!
  7. Mar 12, 2014
    One of my all time favorite shows!!It has had me on the edge of my seat quite a bit!Ya never know what will happen next and the effects and graphics are phenomenal!!The cast is perfect...especially Hershal and Carl....well ok so I like all of the cast but those two are my favs...and Darryl...ya all are fabulous and hope it doesn't end soon...Thanks for the awesome show:)
  8. Mar 12, 2014
    I watch this show, for a few reason, mostly because of the characters of the show. This last season 2014... After they forced to leave the prison I dislike it.... It's pretty slow paced and although I get the feel of it, I am annoyed by the zombies. I do feel the show needs a spin off.... How do zombies sneak up on anyone. How can the get a wound but not turn into zombies, but they get bitten they turn in one(active vs dormant) ... Do they freeze in colder claimants? They can make so much noise and yet when a human make a noise of any kind, watch out. Why do they eat when they survive with heads chopped off. There a many other... I will still watch the show. Oh why are they stupid, need a zombie spray scent! Lol Expand
  9. Mar 11, 2014
    I loved this season, lost of suspense and action and plenty of places to take the series, but as soon as it went mainstream, Seasons 2, 3, and 4 have been complete and utter **** Season 2 was a snooze fest. They tried to turn the show into a drama with some zombies here and there. Absolute boring & the drama was completely stupid too. Season 3 they tried to incorporate action with a new town but it's too late, they were just filling in their own grave. It's boring, each episode has the same style and it's all predictable with ****ty ass characters. If they would've taken a good turn after Season 1 this probably would be one of my favorite shows, but it's complete **** now. My rating is for Season 1 and Season 1 ONLY. Not for the other ****ty seasons. Expand
  10. Mar 11, 2014
    I've just discovered this television show after watching many, many other fantasy and sf shows and I became, feeling like a newbie, a big fan starting to watch it from the first season and dive into it for a promising couple of great seasons, I hope, and after I've red many of the reviews, I think that the next couple of weeks will be very zombie coloured... I'll get back soon to go deeper in to the human factor which is definitively also well represented after watching a couple of the season 1 episodes, tada Expand
  11. Mar 11, 2014
    A very bad one, extremely slow history, you will see 1 or 2 things happen in every episode i give it a point because the production, the rest is garbage.
  12. Mar 5, 2014
    How the Walking Dead got an 84 is baffling to me. The show is bland and dumb. You dont give a flying **** about any of the characters. And the plot line is just stupid. I think people like this show just because it has zombies in it. I've asked many people what they like about this show, and I have not heard one that was not "Cuz it's badass," or "Zombies man, totally rad." The first season was ok, but after that they stopped developing a plot. The past three seasons have just been the group finding a new place to stay for the season (i.e. the farm, the prison), gaining and loosing characters, and then finally have a big confrontation at the end of the season (i.e. the war, the raid on the farm). I could go on for hours about all of the dumb stuff in this show, but you get the point. Just go watch Breaking Bad, or something else Expand
  13. Mar 2, 2014
    Since i started watching this TV Show has been just my favorite one, a lot of drama, real messages to your life, nice actors... bla bla

The history line is just awesome, i just don't know what to say, since season 4 anything became very tasty.!
  14. Feb 21, 2014
    This show is amazingly written. Like other series they are messy and loose their storyline but with the Walking Dead ABSOLUTELY IMPRESSED! LOVE IT MUST WATCH
  15. Feb 17, 2014
    When I see "critically acclaimed" and then see 3 seasons of emptiness with zombies, I have to wonder, who are this critics...

The Walking Dead is probably one of the worst series I managed to keep watching, why? Because it has zombies and everyone likes a survivalist zombie story, so I keep watching it hoping that it will improve, but then I saw the first episode of season 4, and
    nothing changed.

Characters:
    They don't look like people, they look like zombies, they are that empty, the best characters are those who fall into the cliche category, because at least they are something.

Nonsense:
    The amount of nonsense is just staggering. The decisions of the group are so stupid and ridiculous it makes me facepalm constantly. An example, character X goes on a supply run which is expected to last a day, character Y for absolutely no reason decides that after 1 hour, 1 hour!!! that someone should go see if character X is alright, OMG! The problem is that this nonsense is prevalent through all the seasons.

Learning Curve:
    The characters have no learning curve, they are just as stupid as they were in the very first episode, they keep doing the most ridiculous mistakes over and over again.

More nonsense:
    The world is almost empty of survivors, yet, they can't find a damn good car, they keep using 70's cars instead of, I don't know... maybe some bad ass HUMV? Maybe a truck? Anything that isn't the worst possible choice please?

And more nonsense:
    Yes let's use old bolt action rifles, because in the USA, one of the most armed countries in the world, there's no better solutions, national guard is gone, everything is gone, but there's no good weapons, the cookie monster took them away and ate them. In all fairness this improved in the last season.

Zombies:
    The slowest and dumbest zombies ever made, its just amazing how the characters over-complicate everything. And then there's the magic zombies who all of a sudden show up from nowhere.

And even more nonsense:
    You have an entire forest, where there's a small pack of zombies moving through. You are "cloaked" from them, they can't smell you and they are going the same route as you are. Apparently there's two choices, you go through any other forest path, or you go into the middle of the horde and go with them. What would you chose? Be in the middle of a horde of flesh eating monsters or not? The characters in this series seem to think that being in the center of the horde is the most viable and sane choice.

This series really took a new step into the realm of silliness, there's no story, no characters, no learning, no evolution, no horror, no fear, no empathy, absolutely no realism at all. There's very little to like, acting is ok, scenarios are fine, and that's pretty much it.
  16. Feb 16, 2014
    Obviously one of the greatest horror shows on television, The Walking Dead had enough bloody zombie violence (Which most of us came to watch) to keep up entertained but over time the popular series becomes more of a drama that has declined from it's original state and eventually cause me to lose interest around mid-season 3.
  17. Feb 9, 2014
    The series got off to a stellar start! The pilot was absolutely perfectly done. The show also know how to strike a good blend between character development and amazing gory violence. So far so good.
  18. Jan 31, 2014
    Best series I've ever seen.. Great characters, great, deep story and the zombies are looking so damn good. I'm so excited to watch the 4th and the other two Episodes :)
  19. Jan 6, 2014
    I'm not sure if you can find a better example of adapting source material like the Comics for TWD in any genre. This is quintessentially perfect, and incredibly re-watchable even after 3 years it still is something I'll go back to and continually watch.
  20. Dec 31, 2013
    Extremely overrated. Think about it for a minute, and how repetitive, slow, and poorly acted the show really is. Also, none of the characters are too interesting, they all just seem annoying. People don't understand that this is a disappointing show, because zombies are cool but the show makes them dull. Watch a movie like 28 Days Later and you'll see how zombies and zombie films/shows should be like. Expand
  21. Dec 30, 2013
    O começo de uma das séries mais emocionantes da tv fantástica, The Walking Dead rompe todos os patamar e se estabelece com uma boa trama e ótimos personagens.
  22. Dec 27, 2013
    This show is great. Every episode is packed with action and thrills, leaving you at the edge of your seat the entire time. Andrew Lincoln's performance is superb and each new episode makes you jittery for the rest of the week wanting more. From slashing a walker's head with a katana to killing your infected family member this show really provides that action and suspense you really want from a show. 10/10 no doubt. Expand
  23. Dec 26, 2013
    An amazing show, always managing to outperform itself as it gets better and better, throughout the seasons.
    hopefully it will be a very long time before it is finished.
  24. Dec 22, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I was a reader of the comics and fell in love with the atmosphere of them, the changing environment and the unforeseeable events. When I first saw the show, I fell in love. Season 1 and 2 brought a lot to the table. During Season 3, it started going down-hill.

The story was at first very exciting, because there was only a limited amount of characters and if they died, it'd leave the group struggling.

During the end of Season 3, when a bus full of survivors show up, it's like the writers are saying, "Hey, look at all these useless characters we can kill off!"

Season 1 was brilliant writing and then it turned into lazy writing.

Overall, a good television show with great potential remaining.
  25. Dec 13, 2013
    This is by far the best TV series i have ever seen. I wish i could give it a 100, but it will have to settle for a 10 out of 10. You get so into the series, and in with the characters that you feel your in the situation right then with them. an unbelievably good series. every season gets a 10 out of 10 for me (a 100 if i could). :)

This series just keeps getting better every episode. If
    they put out a movie, of The Walking Dead, you can bet that it will be the best movie ever produced, i'd guarantee it. especially since those people who have Dish don't get to experience such an awesome TV series. I'm not trying to sell out Dish, but you got to see The Walking Dead. You will get hooked right after the first episode. Expand
  26. Dec 7, 2013
    Zombie aren't the sexiest creatures to date, at which they do live up to their name "The Walking Dead". The post-apocalyptic setting has been a overused figure, although this time around it stand out of the pack. This series is a great accomplishment being dynamic and engaging with it's far shares of scare-fest points -who's turning the doorknob?!- it's definitely extremely bloody, as zombie guts splatter all over the place like chunky borscht. Zombies fans will be impressed raring for more! Expand
  27. Dec 5, 2013
    Not as much of a let-down as a show like Dexter sinceThe Walking Dead is more of a steady uniform malaise that has no heights to fall from. It's a sugary rush that leaves you empty though you'll probably notice a lingering dissatisfaction from watching the series long after you're done. There are no real characters, no cohesive viewpoints, no real theme–all empty calories. If you're in for great special effects and cheap thrills and don't want to wrestle with big ideas or emotional weight stemming from what great characters and great writing in a series can bring you, then you will be rewarded by watching this series. Expand
  28. Dec 5, 2013
    La primera temporada de esta serie merece la pena, buena historia contada con buen ritmo y con grandes escenas, el viajar por un país lleno de muertos vivientes ofrece muchas posibilidades de hacer una gran serie.
  29. Nov 26, 2013
    I usually don't stick with TV series (sometimes movies are already too long), but after I saw the first episode I got hooked. I'm watching the second season at the moment and it's even better than this one.
  30. Nov 25, 2013
    season is by far the best season because it is so eventful compered to the rest of the series. it leaves you on the edge of your seat wondering what will happen next. out of the 'bigger' shows on TV such as game of thrones, breaking bad and such this shows first season in my opinion is by far the best. its so disappointing that the writers made the show so slow in the second and third season, and now the fourth is reviving the paste just a little bit. so if you want to watch a good show this one is a great one to watch because even though it becomes painfully slow it pays of at the end of each season making you want to continue watching all that much more. I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did Expand

1. Reviewed by: Tim Goodman
    Dec 7, 2010
    Darabont uses the TV-series format to break convention not only by defying the predictabilities of the horror genre (boo!) but also by infusing the recipe with more storytelling elan.
  2. Reviewed by: Alan Sepinwall
    Dec 7, 2010
    I was encouraged that the character-driven third episode was stronger than the zombie action-heavy second, and perhaps the producers will be proven right--that the longer this saga goes on past these initial six episodes, the more it will set itself apart from the zombie canon.
  3. Reviewed by: Mary McNamara
    Dec 7, 2010
    The Walking Dead, like any good horror tale, still believes in the importance of monsters, perfectly balancing the struggle of basic human decency with those palsied four-in-the-morning moments when we are convinced that everyone around us is trying to eat us alive