• Network: AMC
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
8.2

Universal acclaim- based on 1985 Ratings

1. Mar 30, 2015
    Emotionally resonant, and featuring a powerful lead in Andrew Lincoln, The Walking Dead succeeds not just as a tale of apocalypse and horror, but as a character-driven survival story that ultimately refuses generic categorization from its dead inhabitants.
  2. Mar 23, 2015
    In its first season, TWD shines bright in a sea of rehashed ideas. While the show doesn't get everything right - it's short set of episodes and lower starting budget can be partially blamed for this, TWD quickly becomes one of the most relevant pieces of entertainment in recent history. This is a show you must watch, assuming you can handle a heightened level of gore given the nature ofIn its first season, TWD shines bright in a sea of rehashed ideas. While the show doesn't get everything right - it's short set of episodes and lower starting budget can be partially blamed for this, TWD quickly becomes one of the most relevant pieces of entertainment in recent history. This is a show you must watch, assuming you can handle a heightened level of gore given the nature of the zombie survival setting and the fact that TWD is on AMC, allowing for more grit and realism that would be near-impossible on major networks. Expand
  3. Feb 23, 2015
    This is awesome just watch it! These other guys don't know what they're talking about good writing and interesting scenes some people are just silly here I tell you
  4. Feb 23, 2015
    Some people don't really explain why they think the show why they think the tv show is bad, there's a lot more worse tv shows by far. What they want is explosions and zombies nothing to do with character development, that's what makes this show different is that it shows how people change when civilization falls, people are dynamic not one dimensional people who are just bad ass zombieSome people don't really explain why they think the show why they think the tv show is bad, there's a lot more worse tv shows by far. What they want is explosions and zombies nothing to do with character development, that's what makes this show different is that it shows how people change when civilization falls, people are dynamic not one dimensional people who are just bad ass zombie killers, if this show was only about killing zombies then this show would not have lasted past the second season. Expand
  5. Feb 22, 2015
    Having not been familiar with the source material when first aired, I was very skeptical with the idea of stretching a story about a zombie apocalypse into an ongoing series and even though I was generally won over by the end of episode one, I still had doubts about its longevity.

Featuring Romero inspired gore and achieving a real sense of scale in spite of its television limitations, I was instantly won over by both its tone and style however it was the central story about the plight of Andrew Lincoln's Rick Grimes which carries it through the first season and indeed in all seasons since. Season one moves at a brisker pace with the introduction of a group of survivors whose lack of development is compensated by their diversity and general likability. It's testament to its excellent cast and writers that the pivotal and brutal night attack at the end of episode 4 really packs a punch whilst also serving as the real catalyst for climatic events in the second season.

Season one in hindsight feels bare in comparison to what follows but it does its job perfectly in setting the scene and introducing the character so successfully that you care for them whilst looking forward to seeing what happens next. It may only have six episodes but it certainly doesn't waste them.
  6. Feb 20, 2015
    My all time favourite TV show! Emotional character investments are instantly created with a major moral choice or event having a great and often satisfying effect on the viewers and how they perceive these deep characters - all the while brimming with the action of constantly trying to survive the zombie apocalypse.
  7. Feb 20, 2015
    If TWD had been only one season long, it would have been a classic. Less episodes and a budget you can see where it went. Before the days of TWD becoming a soap opera with no sense of direction, Season One was great. Recomended.
  8. Feb 15, 2015
    Terrible script writing and dialogue coupled with long touchey feely boring conversation between indistinct and frankly one sided characters makes for a dull over endorsed series and that's just season 1. A good test with any poor series is that you can skip the dialogue scenes yet still easily deduct the plot. A show made by the masses for the masses. If they put half the effort they haveTerrible script writing and dialogue coupled with long touchey feely boring conversation between indistinct and frankly one sided characters makes for a dull over endorsed series and that's just season 1. A good test with any poor series is that you can skip the dialogue scenes yet still easily deduct the plot. A show made by the masses for the masses. If they put half the effort they have put into making the sound effects for killing zombies into the development of the show then it would at least make it watchable... Expand
  9. Jan 25, 2015
    The Good: Well made and there are some compelling "morality/ethics based" storylines.
    The not so good: I'm getting Zombie fatigued getting into the 5th season.
  10. Jan 22, 2015
    No suelo hacer criticas a series de Tv... Son muy largas, exigen tiempo, hacer una critica como en una película sería tomar en cuenta cada capitulo por separado, etc... Aun así, intentare hacerlo.

Para empezar el capitulo 1 es increíble. En ves de el comic donde en el acto ponen acción como idiotas, aquí nos presentan todo mas despacio, nos muestran a los protas, nos muestran el tiroteo, la amenaza, el camino, las perdidas, etc. El capitulo 1 es magistral, muy bueno. Los siguientes son para buscar a su familia y liderar un grupo de supervivientes. Esta muy bien llevada, pero no es perfecta. Tiene sus detalles idiotas que te hacen preguntar si el apocalipsis nos volvería así de idiotas. Como que Merl cuando queda esposado a un tubo se corta la mano. La excusa es que las esposas son muy duras, pero fue esposado a un tubo de metal viejo, oxidado, muy corto y tiene una cierra. El podría haber cortado el tubo sin problemas. Tiene una cantidad moderada, pero constante, de estos momentos. Aun así es muy entretenido, la intriga, lo que pasara, los planes arruinados, las perdidas del camino... Algo que me gusta es que sientes que cualquiera puede morir en cualquier momento. Y tiene algo que me encanta, aquí la amenaza mas grande no son los zombies, son las personas, desde el inicio lo aclaran, y en las siguientes explotan mas este tema. También me gusta que aquí la historia es sobre las personas, con lo que viven en el camino, no como películas de mierda como Resident Evil que no muestran el potencial de las personas. Pero por ultimo... Esta temporada solo tiene 6 episodios... Una temporada tiene que tener mínimo 10... Pero los 6 episodios tienen muy buena calidad. Y el ultimo... Es increíble, nos dejan con dudas, pero con todo un mundo de posibilidades para las secuelas, y eso me encanta. Al final sus toques idiotas, solo 6 episodios y actuaciones solidas pero no grandiosas, lo bajan a un solido 08/10. Esta es una buena temporada para iniciar, si no te gusta mejor vete por que las demás son igual, pero si esta te gusto, las demás te encantaran también.
  11. Jan 14, 2015
    This show delivers until when it counts. The story lines are compelling, the situations are intense and the drama is engaging. The main shortfalls I find come with some of the actors and the reluctance to "remove" important characters from the series. It's worth watching at your leisure but not worth sitting through the preshow.
  12. Jan 6, 2015
    This show is like the best for those zombies lover. I got hooked up to this show since last week and i just cant stop. The cast is great, the story is great. Overall it is a very good show with a catchy ending in each part but thb some parts of the show are a little bit boring but most of the time towards the ending it was worth watching no matter what !
  13. Jan 5, 2015
    It started as a 9, then the hype came, and the production/direction/script and all went down, the story is basically silence on most of the episodes of the last two seasons (4-5) and there isn't even an interesting plot, i'm not even gonna compare it to the comic, but it is getting more boring as the seasons pass
  14. Jan 4, 2015
    I would have given this series at least an 8, if it would have kept up with it's first season's success, but it didn't. Like so many of these apocalypse tv shows, they wear thin after the first 3 seasons, and any good tv show would stop about then. However, the walking dead have not done this, and instead are pumping out seasons like there is no tommorow, this has ruined the whole show inI would have given this series at least an 8, if it would have kept up with it's first season's success, but it didn't. Like so many of these apocalypse tv shows, they wear thin after the first 3 seasons, and any good tv show would stop about then. However, the walking dead have not done this, and instead are pumping out seasons like there is no tommorow, this has ruined the whole show in my opinion. Expand
  15. Dec 21, 2014
    I absolutely love this series. I'm very glad that they could make such a great series about zombies which is a huge rarity. I have friends that love this show too. Even though this show may never reach the heights of the first season, it is still really entertaining. If you haven't already seen it and you're a zombie fan, watch it now if you have amc or netflix. My favourite character is Daryl.
  16. Dec 16, 2014
    It's a great start for an ambitious adaptation. It's a brutal, bone breaking, bonanza. The sets are impressively detailed as are the brilliantly realistic (in want of a better word) walkers. One main let down is that the show's characters are not as strong as say those in Breaking Bad or Game of Thrones. We are however let into a detailed post apocalyptic 'zombie' world that actually feels real.
  17. Dec 11, 2014
    "So, " The Walking Dead" is a show about zombies." As soon as my friend told me that, I said: "I'm sold!" I mean, just c' mon, it's a show about people surviving (mostly) in a zombie apocalypse! That is f****ing awesome! I didn't really need to know the people, I just wanted to see some zombie action. Preferably with a shotgun and some rifles. So, I started watching immediately, and, fair"So, " The Walking Dead" is a show about zombies." As soon as my friend told me that, I said: "I'm sold!" I mean, just c' mon, it's a show about people surviving (mostly) in a zombie apocalypse! That is f****ing awesome! I didn't really need to know the people, I just wanted to see some zombie action. Preferably with a shotgun and some rifles. So, I started watching immediately, and, fair enough, something happened that I didn't expect: I cared. Not just that the zombie action was good, but I cared about the people fighting the zombies. That's when I realized this wasn´t a show about zombies, it was a show about people trying to find some meaning in their little lives, with some zombies thrown in (and with "some", of course, I mean a ton). The zombies and the illness went from having full focus in Season 1 to become a force-like of dread spreading through the characters' environment. In Season 5 (aka. "the best season"), the characters are so developed that I could write a whole 50-page document about any of them. That's right, there is nuance in "The Walking Dead", and that's what makes this show special. It's ability to create an apocalyptic world in which the characters are more interesting than the world is an important factor in it's success (not to say that the world-building isn't important too; "The Walking Dead" does have it good, but it makes it's characters slightly better). If there's anything that holds this show back, is definitely some troubles with the pacing (most noticeably in Season 4, aka. "the worst season"), some forced dialogue and it's uneven use of secondary characters. In the end, I'd say this is a good, good series that I just have to check in sundays. Expand
  18. Dec 9, 2014
    E a 1 vez que assisto um seriado que min chamar tanto a atenção, "The Walking Dead" e uma evolução.Deve continuar o maximo possivel de tempo, por respeitos a todos os fanaticos por esse seriado que faz cada pessoa que gosta do assuntos fica conectadas, de uma forma direta, que e como se ela viverse o mundo de "The walking dead" Parabens a todos que fazem parte desse universo.
  19. Dec 7, 2014
    The 5th season was pretty promising at the beginning but after first three episodes it slows down horribly and gets SOOO UNBEARABLY BOOORING. It seems like even a pretty big group of ZEDS isn't a threat anymore. It's like few knife thrusts and the whole group of zombies is mopped up with no harm, and then half hour of talking starts... and WHY (OH WHY?) did you make me watch Glenn wentThe 5th season was pretty promising at the beginning but after first three episodes it slows down horribly and gets SOOO UNBEARABLY BOOORING. It seems like even a pretty big group of ZEDS isn't a threat anymore. It's like few knife thrusts and the whole group of zombies is mopped up with no harm, and then half hour of talking starts... and WHY (OH WHY?) did you make me watch Glenn went fishing? OK, I know, folks gotta eat, but you guys do not need to show me them fishing, I don't care, I wanna watch them finishing ZEDS off! Please do not test my patience too much AMC, cause I'm a BIG FAN of TWD, but I don't know how long I will bear it if this won't change. And sorry for my English, I'm a stranger. Expand
  20. Nov 30, 2014
    The score reflects the entire series not just individual season.

Fantastic show. It took its time building up but it is definitely worth watching. Great story and it keeps getting better with every episode and now I can't wait for it to air. Some of the stuff is pretty f***** up.
  21. Nov 28, 2014
    Season 1 is short of a masterpiece of television. 6 episodes long and I wasn't bored. Interesting build up on characters and I honestly can say this is the best thing to come out of the walking dead series.. with the best episode ever being... the first.. and the second best being the finale of this season.. Sadly however the walking dead will never reach this height again.. well... thatSeason 1 is short of a masterpiece of television. 6 episodes long and I wasn't bored. Interesting build up on characters and I honestly can say this is the best thing to come out of the walking dead series.. with the best episode ever being... the first.. and the second best being the finale of this season.. Sadly however the walking dead will never reach this height again.. well... that is 4 years later... and it hasn't Expand
  22. Nov 23, 2014
    Where to start? Terrible writing? Terrible special effects? Terrible videography? Terrible editing? Yeah, I guess what zombies will deliver to television: Death to creativity. BTW, the notion that no-nothing 20-somethings will save you from anything requiring a knowledge of how the world actually works is a totally loopy idea!
  23. Nov 23, 2014
    This TV show doesn't focus on the gore of zombie killing, but instead the emotions these people feel and moral decisions they have to make if for instance someone is 'bit'. Although some episodes seem slow, it always pays off at the mid-season finale or the season finale and it leaves us waiting for so many months to find out what happens to Rick and 'The Group'.
  24. Nov 4, 2014
    I will start off by saying no character is safe from being killed and I won't go past that because I don't want to have any spoilers. This is one of the best TV shows that I've watched in a long time, but I will say that some episodes and particularly one season(I won't say anything else) gets quite boring. You start off with all this action and killing and then in one of the seasons itI will start off by saying no character is safe from being killed and I won't go past that because I don't want to have any spoilers. This is one of the best TV shows that I've watched in a long time, but I will say that some episodes and particularly one season(I won't say anything else) gets quite boring. You start off with all this action and killing and then in one of the seasons it slows down drastically. A few of the episodes I had to actually make myself watch, along with an episode in the current season. With that being said I still give this show a 9 because the overall aspect of the show is a great one. It's always interesting to watch and you won't be disappointed if you take the time to watch it. Expand
  25. Nov 2, 2014
    This show is hands down worst adaptation i ever laid my eyes upon. I caught myself face-palming full length of the last episode i watched, thinking, how is it possible to make this kind of garbage from such a great comic.
  26. Oct 31, 2014
    Walking Dead

In AMC’s zombie apocalypse thriller, The Walking Dead, producer Frank Darabont launches viewers into a world without any safety or order. A world taken over by the living dead. In most zombie apocalypse scenarios, zombies are the main source of fear and danger; In this series, people are who you need to be afraid of. When the series began, the producers introduced mainly
    Walking Dead

When the series began, the producers introduced mainly friendly characters to build the main cast. The main character Rick Grimes, joins a group of survivors and before almost any time at all takes the lead position. This leadership through Rick lasts until the present episodes. The characters in the show each have different personalities and attributes that not only fit, but enhance the groups survivability and likeability.
    The zombies, or walkers, are very graphic and play parts in every single episode; whether it be many, or the lone walker that ends up killing a character. The makeup art is very gruesome and very life like, making the walkers seem even more threatening.
    The real threat is the antagonist presence in the show, regular survivors like Rick and the group, but chose a different way to lead or survive. Whether it be to rule out of fear and kill anyone that could possibly threaten you, or to eat those who don’t follow your ways; Rick doesn’t agree, and blood is always shed between the groups.
    What makes the Walking Dead better than other apocalypse shows and movies is that every character in the show lived in a world that previously had no knowledge of zombies or an apocalypse like this ever happening(Hence the word ‘zombie’ is never used). This makes the show seem like it could actually happen, creating more fear in the viewers minds.
  27. Oct 26, 2014
    I don't understand why so many people like this show, I mean after watching the first and second season, I have to say, I've never seen such a boring show like this. Come on! Horror??? Really not!
  28. Oct 12, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. When it comes to watching horror movies or TV shows, there are many options out there. The genres of horror stories have changed dramatically over the years. They range from post-zombie apocalypse to gory spooky stuff. American filmmakers have turned the idea of horror shows into a joke. One popular show among high school and college students is The Walking Dead. Thankfully, the producers of the hit show, The Walking Dead, know what they are doing. After viewing a few episodes, a person will understand this. Bravo to the producers for how deranged, well acted and written the show is. The characters are well developed and it is based on things people might actually do if they were ever in situations like the ones in the first season.
    The pilot of The Walking Dead was great. This was a well-assembled show that creates great suspense and a scary fell to people. In this show, the series protagonist is Sheriff’s Deputy Rick Grimes. Shane Walsh is Rick’s best friend, Lori is Rick’s wife, Carl is Lori and Rick’s son, Andrea is a civil rights attorney, Amy is Andrea’s sister, Dale is the one who forms the group of survivors and owns an RV, and Glen is the one that’s sent on missions that are sometimes dangerous.
    In the beginning, Rick Grimes is left in a coma after a gunshot wound. He awakens to a post-zombie apocalyptic world. He calls these infectious zombies “walkers”. He discovers that the military is wrecked and have lost the battle. While he is on the look for this missing wife and son, he meets fellow survivors, Morgan Jones and his son Duane. They explain the whole situation to him. It has been rumored that the CDC is a quarantined safe-zone. Rick then believes that his wife and son could be there. He later learns that walkers overran it. Rick meets Glenn Rhee and becomes part of their group. Walkers attack them in a department store, which forces them to move.
    Rick’s wife Lori and son Carl are safe a few miles outside of Atlanta. Lori and Carl are with Shane Walsh, Rick’s former partner/best friend. Lori and Shane are now lovers because they believed Rick was dead. Rick reunites with Lori and Carl after escaping Atlanta. Rick does not know about Lori and Shane though. He becomes partners with Shane and is the leader of the group. Part of the group then goes back to the city with Rick to get weapons and to rescue Merle. Rick finds that Merle has escaped when the group arrives back to the building were Merle is. When they return to camp, they find that walkers overrun it. Andrea’s sister, Amy, is killed. Jim was injured during this period so the group plans to go back to Atlanta and try to get help from the CDC. When this is all over, one family sets off alone in hopes of finding their relatives. Jim tells the group that he wants to be abandoned on the road because of his infection from the zombie bite. The members left in the group then head towards the CDC.
    Once the group arrives at the CDC, they find only one staff member to be alive, Dr. Edwin Jenner. Dr. Jenner explains his study on this catastrophic zombie apocalypse. He then explains to the group that this building will self-destruct to keep the deadly diseases from escaping. Carol was able to save the group by a grenade that blows out a window. Dr. Jenner, Andrea, and Jacqui decide to stay as they have lost hope. Andrea goes back on her word because Dale refused to leave Andrea behind. They barely make it out of the building before it self-destructed. Jenner and Jacqui are killed. This all happens in the first season of The Walking Dead.
    Each episode leaves the viewers stunned. The show is interesting and thrilling as they leave one anxiously waiting to see what happens next. Some moments were upsettingly perfect. The characters are well developed and the idea of the post-zombie apocalypse is fascinating. The actions of the people in this TV show closely resemble what people would do in the real world as well. The audience that this show brings are people whom like zombie and gory scenes. In the end, the show gets plenty of viewers and is different from any other type of horror TV show.
  29. Oct 11, 2014
    I have generally fought zombies with any weapon used by humans cowered during fear in the apocalyptic era (period) of nightmares in "The Walking Dead".
  30. Oct 2, 2014
    A different author for almost every episode means uneven writing, hitting many more lows than highs. It's childishly bad in many places and painful to watch. Lots of filler, lots of explaining the obvious, lots of cheesy fakey makeup effects for the zombies. Plenty of bad acting. It's not worth the time it takes to watch, sadly.

1. Reviewed by: Tim Goodman
    Dec 7, 2010
    Darabont uses the TV-series format to break convention not only by defying the predictabilities of the horror genre (boo!) but also by infusing the recipe with more storytelling elan.
  2. Reviewed by: Alan Sepinwall
    Dec 7, 2010
    I was encouraged that the character-driven third episode was stronger than the zombie action-heavy second, and perhaps the producers will be proven right--that the longer this saga goes on past these initial six episodes, the more it will set itself apart from the zombie canon.
  3. Reviewed by: Mary McNamara
    Dec 7, 2010
    The Walking Dead, like any good horror tale, still believes in the importance of monsters, perfectly balancing the struggle of basic human decency with those palsied four-in-the-morning moments when we are convinced that everyone around us is trying to eat us alive