The Walking Dead : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Oct 31, 2010
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
8.1

1. Dec 28, 2012
    This series, is absolutely amazing, it challenges you intellectually, and can affect you as a person. The acting is great, and the cinematography is amazing, as an aspiring film director and actor myself, this show has been greatly useful. I'd like to use a quote from someone else's review: 'the survivors' ultimate plan: bore the zombies death by spending two-thirds of every episodeThis series, is absolutely amazing, it challenges you intellectually, and can affect you as a person. The acting is great, and the cinematography is amazing, as an aspiring film director and actor myself, this show has been greatly useful. I'd like to use a quote from someone else's review: 'the survivors' ultimate plan: bore the zombies death by spending two-thirds of every episode discussing their feelings.' What else would you suppose they do? Have a party in the middle of the street, then all of them die and the series is one episode long? These reviewers are ridiculous and have no idea what a good TV series is. Expand
  2. Sep 19, 2012
    A diamond in the rough; one of the few shows that uses fantasy amazingly as a background to explore the complex human nature and their reactions to horrifying and post-apocalyptic events, whilst still maintaining a dose of suspense and gory head-smashing action that will leave you on the edge of your seat.
    With never-ending drama, deaths, emotions, friendships and intense adventures, The Walking Dead really is a show for everyone's taste.
  3. Jun 24, 2014
    This is the only consistent season of The Walking Dead. Frank Darabont's involvement was a huge boost and the series has never fully recovered from it. The only problem is in the 6 episodes not much is resolved. Also some of the acting was off at points.
  4. Aug 3, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I gotta say that this series is a thing, that you can watch these days. There is so much **** on TV these days, that you want to throw the TV out of the window and bash the skull of the "directors" who make crap like "2 broke girls" or "community".
    But if you want something deep, emotional and good taste of horror, you have come to the right series.
    I have to say, that interesting events are only happening every 4-5 episodes but besides that, this series is gold!
    8 points are fully earned!
    Sorry for my English, not my native language :D
  5. Nov 12, 2011
    Very enjoyable show, guns are nice, atmosphere is amazing; and this was actually like a zombie apocalypse. The only downside is that there weren't that many episodes for this season and it ended too quickly. They should have made more. Instead of just putting it in front of you for 5 minutes, then you'll see it next year.
  6. Sep 28, 2012
    Been playing the game and then I was hooked after first episode season one. Watched the entire first season in 24 hours. This is one of the better zombie shows, even better than 28 Days Later. It's really good!
  7. Nov 2, 2010
    "The Walking Dead" isn't a flashy no substance thrill-ride/scare-fest. It's more of a drama than anything else, which becomes apparent in the second half of the pilot episode. The story unfolds quickly, with no rhyme or reason, yet this is part of the allure of the series. That isn't to say the storyline is difficult to understand - in fact, it's blaringly simple. Zombies, called"The Walking Dead" isn't a flashy no substance thrill-ride/scare-fest. It's more of a drama than anything else, which becomes apparent in the second half of the pilot episode. The story unfolds quickly, with no rhyme or reason, yet this is part of the allure of the series. That isn't to say the storyline is difficult to understand - in fact, it's blaringly simple. Zombies, called "Walkers," suddenly infiltrate the population. Is it a virus, an extra-terrestrially induced disease? Is it man's moral bankruptcy that causes this outbreak of zombification? Who knows? All in all, the show is enjoyable, but I wasn't convinced that the characters aren't cookie-cutter stereotypes prevalent in this genre. Foreseeable is that there will be good guys going bad in order to survive. The whole "buddy-steals-your-woman" when you're presumably dead is played out. It's cheap melodrama. Despite this show's shortcomings, it's a beautiful piece of work. The cinematography captures the bleak tension and frantic action with pinpoint accuracy. I'm confident that the character development will sort itself out as the series progresses. There's nothing like it on TV right now and I'll definitely be watching to completion. Expand
  8. Dec 7, 2010
    AMC is certainly on the right track with this one. Every Sunday Night, i glued myself to this show instead of watching Sunday Night Football which is a feat in itself. The acting was brilliant for people ive never seen before and the production value for this was magnificent! The only thing that urks me is how short the season was but i love how it ended where it can keep going. ThisAMC is certainly on the right track with this one. Every Sunday Night, i glued myself to this show instead of watching Sunday Night Football which is a feat in itself. The acting was brilliant for people ive never seen before and the production value for this was magnificent! The only thing that urks me is how short the season was but i love how it ended where it can keep going. This is what a zombie franchise needed. A series is better for zombie plots because you cannot cover the emotional and sub plots of people in a movie. There simply isn't enough time. AMC could certainly sell this series to a more profitable station for a ton of money but i wouldn't be surprised if they keep it on AMC and draw in more viewers. Overall: Great series, Cant wait for season 2! Expand
  9. Oct 6, 2012
    Great show, first 2 episodes are by far the best and I like the season one finale.
    Season 2 was ok, took the whole "we are the only ones left of this earth" feeling away when 3/4 of the series was just shouting "SOPHIA!"'.
    Never read the comics because I'm 24 and I don't buy comics, TBH never even heard of it before the tv show. Shane was cool in series 1, lorri is a slag, that girl

Shane was cool in series 1, lorri is a slag, that girl who always wants to shoot guns is annoying, Carl is deffo bent, t-dog is a **** the old camper man was cool, glen the Chinese guy is very likeable, daryl is legend, the farm man is good and Rick is a BOSS! Very well acted for a out of nowhere tv show.

Lets hope it stays this good and takes best tv show from Lost or the sopranos.
  10. Nov 27, 2010
    "The Walking Dead' is one of the best new shows of the fall and I would like to personally thank AMC for the amazing shows they've been puting out. "The Walking Dead" is very well-acted and not kleshaed as some may have expected it to be. My only complaint is of the pacing. Sometimes the show is very slow then extremely fast moving and to-the-point near the end of the episode, but this is"The Walking Dead' is one of the best new shows of the fall and I would like to personally thank AMC for the amazing shows they've been puting out. "The Walking Dead" is very well-acted and not kleshaed as some may have expected it to be. My only complaint is of the pacing. Sometimes the show is very slow then extremely fast moving and to-the-point near the end of the episode, but this is really just nitpicking when it comes down to it. Expand
  11. Aug 20, 2011
    Excellently done zombie series, better than the comics IMHO. You really get a feel for the characters and their predicament. "Egg" from "This Life" is a decent lead. Season 1 final a tad disappointing.
  12. Oct 8, 2011
    in the 80's people used to talk about Miss World being a television event. **** The Walking Dead IS the real deal that cannot be missed. Everything from the gripping story lines, the costumes, the makeup, the crazy distopian landscapes, the uncertainty of what will happen to main characters helps to create a buzz that's like nothing else of TV. It has renewed my faith in the brilliance ofin the 80's people used to talk about Miss World being a television event. **** The Walking Dead IS the real deal that cannot be missed. Everything from the gripping story lines, the costumes, the makeup, the crazy distopian landscapes, the uncertainty of what will happen to main characters helps to create a buzz that's like nothing else of TV. It has renewed my faith in the brilliance of TV. Watch it. NOW. Expand
  13. Nov 7, 2011
    super exciting story line! Fast paced, no boring episode! I love the writing and direction of this show! I wish they will put more episodes into a series since the last time. I am definitely hooked and I can't wait for the next episode!
  14. Mar 11, 2012
    This is simply the best show on television right now. The series is perfect for anyone who likes zombies, as I do. It has a lot of suspense to it and the show is really developing a great following for a reason.

Best show on TV as of March 2012, period.
  15. Mar 14, 2012
    Survival horror is strong with this one. I have honestly never been more scared than since I have watched this show. Zombies may be slow, but they are freaking scary!
  16. Apr 1, 2012
    Although they should've added more episodes than just 6, on the other hand The Walking Dead: Season 1 is breath-taking and one of the best shows for Television.
  17. Mar 25, 2013
    I don't understand how this hasn't got a higher score. The best show on TV in my opinion. More gripping and emotionally involving than anything else out there right now.
  18. Jun 18, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Little good shows these days especially ones that aren't sitcoms. But this show just captures all the good and bad (which there is a lot of) about the zombie apocalypse and surprisingly there is so much main deaths and it feels like there is protective barrier that keeps rick and Carl safe no matter what which spoils the show a bit, but still its so good Norman reeds has gained a lot of attention for his outstanding role as daryl everyone's favourite, and now I'm waiting for season 4 ROLL ON OCTOBER Expand
  19. Mar 24, 2014
    Season 1 was brilliant then everything went downhill afterwards. .....................................................................................
  20. Nov 7, 2015
    I love TV series, films, games, books or anything really that have a degree of realism within it (if that makes any sense), Season 1 of The Walking Dead was very realistic and kept me interested the whole time, everything is just impeccable. Absolutely brilliant!!
  21. Dec 4, 2016
    If you don't like the walking dead then you are dead to me. This is the best show ever, hands down. No exceptions! -Neegan
    Just had to add that pun in there.
    But eye guess you already saw that coming.
  22. Feb 4, 2011
    Holy Sh** dude!!! This is fantastic. I could say more about this "TV SHOW" but i think that FrozenStar90 has already said it all, so if you can't make up your mind about watching this series PLEASE for pity sake do watch it because it will blow you away, have you glued to the couch and many more. Peace ;)
  23. Jun 20, 2011
    One of the best shows ever made. At first I didn't know what to expect; a full on blood-gushing TV series or just a run around scavenging survival tale, but the whole zombie genre was takes to whole new levels. Unlike zombie movies it is more than just a survival story, it is a whole odyssey of drama, emotions, and violence. It is a combination of your favorite drama and your favoriteOne of the best shows ever made. At first I didn't know what to expect; a full on blood-gushing TV series or just a run around scavenging survival tale, but the whole zombie genre was takes to whole new levels. Unlike zombie movies it is more than just a survival story, it is a whole odyssey of drama, emotions, and violence. It is a combination of your favorite drama and your favorite zombie movie. It asks many questions about our own sanity during difficult situations, what is the right thing to do, and how far will you go to save your loved ones. It has enough story and drama and zombie-killing action to back it up as a long-running series. Expand
  24. pps
    Nov 17, 2010
    i first watched this show thinking it would be the biggest crappfest on tv, mostly because i hate those horrible, unscary zombie movies with bad acting. but i was extremely surprised about how great it was, it kept you on the edge of your seat but also was truely about the characters, which really makes the show. i almost never like shows this much but it is really great, and makes mei first watched this show thinking it would be the biggest crappfest on tv, mostly because i hate those horrible, unscary zombie movies with bad acting. but i was extremely surprised about how great it was, it kept you on the edge of your seat but also was truely about the characters, which really makes the show. i almost never like shows this much but it is really great, and makes me can't wait to see the next episode becaus the show takes its time but is also fast paced. Expand
  25. Oct 12, 2011
    I really like the series but the first season was too short so we didn't have time to see the story to develop or to be emotionally attached to the characters. But the best thing about "The Walking Dead" is its humanistic and realistic side. We testify how people must to adapt to a new way of living, how they deal with the danger, death, and above all, how they have to count on oneI really like the series but the first season was too short so we didn't have time to see the story to develop or to be emotionally attached to the characters. But the best thing about "The Walking Dead" is its humanistic and realistic side. We testify how people must to adapt to a new way of living, how they deal with the danger, death, and above all, how they have to count on one another in order to persevere. Expand
  26. Feb 16, 2012
    This is by far one of the best shows of all time. It ranks second on my list of best TV shows of all time behind only Firefly. There is so many things that I love with the show, the one that I love the most are the characters. You can actually see them grow and feel for them. This is not one of those unrealistic zombie shoot 'em show, this is a realistic survival show which is amazing.This is by far one of the best shows of all time. It ranks second on my list of best TV shows of all time behind only Firefly. There is so many things that I love with the show, the one that I love the most are the characters. You can actually see them grow and feel for them. This is not one of those unrealistic zombie shoot 'em show, this is a realistic survival show which is amazing. Every waking moment of this show I am on the edge of my seat anticipation whats going to happen next. Expand
  27. Feb 28, 2013
    I finally gave in an watched the fist season of “The Walking Dead.” And you know what? It’s actually a really good show. The writing is strong and tackles themes of humanity, togetherness, and of survival/death. The show is incredibly involving and makes us care for each individual character. Actors do a great job and their performances are convincing. Not once do they lose sight of theI finally gave in an watched the fist season of “The Walking Dead.” And you know what? It’s actually a really good show. The writing is strong and tackles themes of humanity, togetherness, and of survival/death. The show is incredibly involving and makes us care for each individual character. Actors do a great job and their performances are convincing. Not once do they lose sight of the character. It is not only a well acted or written show, but also a really well made one with high production values not normally seen on TV. From the make up to the use of special effects, it is really well put together.

The first two episodes are alright, but generally slowly paced a bit confusing to be honest. However, from episode 3 and onwards the show has you hooked. The emotions are there and the sense of isolation. Every time a character wonders off, you only hope they come back alive. A lot of emotional stuff happens towards the end of the season and to say that I wasn’t tearing up a bit would be a horrible lie. The season finally is really good and really tackles a lot of the main themes of the show such as survival and accepting death. The best thing about it is that it gets us excited for what’s to come.

Overall, “The Walking Dead” is a really great show with compelling characters and strong writing. It challenges its viewers without talking down to them. It has a lot of emotional moments, but doesn’t just bask in the melodrama. There are well paced moments of action, but above all else a great sense of suspense and isolated ambiance. I give it a really strong 4/5, great writing and relateable characters with exciting action.

I am super excited for the next season. I would have given it a higher rating, but I didn’t really care for the first two episodes. However, I am now officially a fan. Lets go season 2!
  28. Jul 5, 2012
    Simply put, this is one of the best TV series I have ever watched, for fans of zombies or just of a good TV show, utterly fantastic. The show centres around Rick Grimes, a sherrif who was shot before the zombies started attacking people, and his struggle to find his wife and help others, the pacing is brilliant and the story is just fantastic, a show which should not be missed. TheSimply put, this is one of the best TV series I have ever watched, for fans of zombies or just of a good TV show, utterly fantastic. The show centres around Rick Grimes, a sherrif who was shot before the zombies started attacking people, and his struggle to find his wife and help others, the pacing is brilliant and the story is just fantastic, a show which should not be missed. The zombies look great, and the settings are very well done too, with realistic looking zombies as opposed to ones in some movies which look terrible. If you haven't watched the show, you really should, its television at its finest. Expand
  29. Jul 19, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This short, 6 episode season was really interesting and brought on an interesting premise, a group of intriguing characters and a bunch of questions about the mysterious catastrophe that hit the Earth. The acting was pretty decent and zombies were done really well. What was bad was the CSC explosion in the finale - it was really bad. I just hope this show doesn't become somewhat like Lost - which brought on many questions, but answered few (or dragged on to answered them). Also, while bringing some character drama, the love triangle with main guy, his wife and his best buddy is really cliche. They should do less of that. But I do enjoy many characters - like Daryl. This southern hillbilly shows he is courageous and smart and really can kick ass. I also liked Dale. Expand
  30. Jun 4, 2013
    Great show. Provides a good balance between human drama and horror action. The acting is very good the effects are also great. The characters are all interesting and keep you interested for sure. This show can appeal to just about everyone. I would reccommend this in a heartbeat.
  31. Oct 23, 2013
    The acting, dialogue, and depth of characters in this show are the reason I come back. I am, admittedly, a zombie fanatic, but the zombies are merely plot in this show, which is a nice change from typical zombie fare where the zombies almost seem to be the main characters.

There have been some plot choices that I didn't like, and then some that were just bad. I give this show a 10, and I won't do that for any other show I've ever seen. The difference between the 9 that I'll give and the 10, reserved exclusively for TWD, is the fact that this show haunts me all week until the new episode comes out. I have no idea what's going to happen and I love it when a show can surprise me. It's rare. I guess, I analyze, I debate and discuss this with my friends who like it. I have never been taken with a show like I am with this one.

Another reason is that TWD has raised my standards such that shows I might have liked a few years ago don't interest me now because they can't compete. I give shows 5 episodes to hook me, but the number of shows that have survived that trial in the last two years is really small. I blame The Walking Dead.
  32. Apr 28, 2014
    A pretty good start to a show. This show is pretty good nothing to spectacular but still an entertaining watch. I have only watched the first season and some of season 2 and I can say that this season is way better than season 2. There is a lot of gore and violence which I enjoy so I am entertained buy that. Some episodes are slow and boring but all in all a pretty good show.
  33. Sep 7, 2015
    I have watched this show since the first season and while there are a few boring episodes scattered about, the vast majority of the show is great! It is interesting, has a great "feel" to it. Characters are interesting and natural. Most of what happens is believable. The effects are great with minimal ugly CGI.
  34. Jan 14, 2015
    This show delivers until when it counts. The story lines are compelling, the situations are intense and the drama is engaging. The main shortfalls I find come with some of the actors and the reluctance to "remove" important characters from the series. It's worth watching at your leisure but not worth sitting through the preshow.
  35. Nov 18, 2016
    Although a short season, it's very addicting and has good characters and a very high production value. Recommended to anyone that has the stomach for this gory piece of art!
  36. Feb 23, 2015
    Some people don't really explain why they think the show why they think the tv show is bad, there's a lot more worse tv shows by far. What they want is explosions and zombies nothing to do with character development, that's what makes this show different is that it shows how people change when civilization falls, people are dynamic not one dimensional people who are just bad ass zombieSome people don't really explain why they think the show why they think the tv show is bad, there's a lot more worse tv shows by far. What they want is explosions and zombies nothing to do with character development, that's what makes this show different is that it shows how people change when civilization falls, people are dynamic not one dimensional people who are just bad ass zombie killers, if this show was only about killing zombies then this show would not have lasted past the second season. Expand
  37. Feb 23, 2015
    This is awesome just watch it! These other guys don't know what they're talking about good writing and interesting scenes some people are just silly here I tell you
  38. Nov 30, 2010
    Finally, a weekly TV series that gives me my much needed zombie fix. AMC has totally knocked it out of the park with this original series. It's not just about zombies, and escaping from zombies, and the ultimate shootout in the end where one or two characters manage to live. This series is about how life changes in the zombie apocalypse. It's about the characters, and their uniqueFinally, a weekly TV series that gives me my much needed zombie fix. AMC has totally knocked it out of the park with this original series. It's not just about zombies, and escaping from zombies, and the ultimate shootout in the end where one or two characters manage to live. This series is about how life changes in the zombie apocalypse. It's about the characters, and their unique perspective on life (and death), and even though the characters are so different they are truly very similar. This is an amazing show that brings real life and real characters to an otherwise quirky horror genre. Great show AMC, please just go ahead and renew the contracts and bring us seasons 3, 4, and 5. Expand
  39. Oct 31, 2010
    Just finished watching it. Wow, it was just as good as I expected it. Never was bored, I cared for the characters, the zombie effects were way better than I expected, I cant wait for the new episodes
  40. Nov 3, 2011
    It's not fun Zombie (Zombieland), it's more like 1968's Planet of the Apes in tone and kinda depressing. That's not a cut on the show, but a compliment. It says a lot about the world we live in.
  41. Nov 14, 2010
    I honestly can't find anything overwhelmingly unlikable about this show. The storyline is off to a good start. The characters are likable when they need to be. The blood and violence are intense, graphic, and very well done... but they don't use it as a crutch. All in all, this is probably the best new show I've seen in the last couple of years.
  42. Dec 8, 2010
    I haven't read the books which seems to be a problem for some of my friends, but maybe that is why I can love it for what it is. The human drama that unfolds is not only brought to life by the wonderful cast but the special effects are really great. The show features probably the best zombies I have ever seen on the screen. I do intend on reading the books soon but I think measuring aI haven't read the books which seems to be a problem for some of my friends, but maybe that is why I can love it for what it is. The human drama that unfolds is not only brought to life by the wonderful cast but the special effects are really great. The show features probably the best zombies I have ever seen on the screen. I do intend on reading the books soon but I think measuring a screen adaptation against the source material is unfair, just like Harry Potter films don't follow the books perfectly. Walking Dead is brilliant at what it does, it may be a bit deviant from the source material but that doesn't mean it cannot be appreciated for what it DOES do. Great show, I'm looking forward to the next season. Expand
  43. Jun 24, 2011
    A Zombie Horror TV Show based in the Deep South? Sounds good to me! Unlike Boardwalk Empire, Walking Dead did not take forever and a day to develop its characters. In fact, it was the people, not the zombies that made this show compelling. But you get just enough Zombie action to keep you thrilled. Great show.
  44. Nov 23, 2011
    I'm not much of a Zombie fan. This Series, however, has blown me away. The Walking Dead is loaded with suspense and action in every episode. The plot is mysterious and exciting, which always keeps you on the edge of your seat. I easily recommend The Walking Dead to everyone! Watch it!
  45. Mar 15, 2012
    I originally rated this show a 10/10. That was on the first season. I downgraded it to a 7/10 after the disappointing second season. What happened? The show started with a bang. It was suspenseful, compelling and well-crafted. The short season helped the show to keep it snappy. Then the second season comes out, the setting changes to a farm, and everything goes downhill from there. Let meI originally rated this show a 10/10. That was on the first season. I downgraded it to a 7/10 after the disappointing second season. What happened? The show started with a bang. It was suspenseful, compelling and well-crafted. The short season helped the show to keep it snappy. Then the second season comes out, the setting changes to a farm, and everything goes downhill from there. Let me put it this way: If you watch Breaking Bad, imagine if every character in the show was Skyler White. The characters became whiny, sanctimonious and not very bright. A longer season didn't benefit the show, as every episode has filler of people whining nonstop until something happens. The show has turned into a cliched horror movie, with characters so stupid you root for the zombies to finish them off. I have read the comics, and it's not like that, so I hope the show gets better and I'm willing to improve my score if it does. Expand
  46. Dec 27, 2012
    It has a movie like feel to it. I must say, it really is a great series that captures one's interest. If you like plot, this is the one to go for. Hands down best of its genre out there in the media today.
  47. Mar 25, 2012
    This is a 10 out of 10. Acting is pretty good. Not slot of score but still. Story/adaption is great. It's so intense, it's just great. I think it was robbed in the Emmys. You couldn't ask for an even better beginning. Can't wait for the next season.
  48. Dec 15, 2012
    I'll give this a 9/10 because the pacing of the first part of the Second Season was way too sloppy, I understand the need of them discussing morals, and I like that, but the plot doesn't move forward during those 5-ish episodes, the first part is awesome and the school part too, but the plot just stays still.

I love this series, and now it has an antagonist which is badass, and I also

I love this series, and now it has an antagonist which is badass, and I also loved how they would discuss morals in both the first and second season, this is going great
  49. Aug 3, 2012
    I read the comics. I saw the trailers. I watched the pilot. AMC's adaptation of The Walking Dead was truly mindblowing. The first series follows the events of the first 8 comic books. From Rick awaking from his coma up until the attack on camp. Now when they changed bits, some drastically such as the CEDA encounter for the final two episodes I was worried but they pulled it offI read the comics. I saw the trailers. I watched the pilot. AMC's adaptation of The Walking Dead was truly mindblowing. The first series follows the events of the first 8 comic books. From Rick awaking from his coma up until the attack on camp. Now when they changed bits, some drastically such as the CEDA encounter for the final two episodes I was worried but they pulled it off spectacularly and have given the TV show its own special place in an alternate setting to the comics (even if it does have a lot of the same characters). The cast are largely unknown to me but all are amazing at the role they play, bringing across the best interpretation of those well established characters possible. The Walking Dead is for any zombie fan or even people who like a good drama. A must watch by any means. Expand
  50. Apr 9, 2012
    AMC's "The Walking Dead" is an epic zombie series. It combines the scare everyone is after in a good zombie movie or show. While at the same time shows the hardships the characters go through living in a world where the dead have taken over, and now inhabit. It is bloody and brilliant, while at the same time having twists in the story leaving the viewers wanting more. "If you like bloodyAMC's "The Walking Dead" is an epic zombie series. It combines the scare everyone is after in a good zombie movie or show. While at the same time shows the hardships the characters go through living in a world where the dead have taken over, and now inhabit. It is bloody and brilliant, while at the same time having twists in the story leaving the viewers wanting more. "If you like bloody horror with plenty of zombies and suspense I would say this is the show for you!" Expand
  51. Oct 7, 2013
    The Walking Dead is overall a very good show (season 1,2,3) but the first ever season is by far the best and if the writers (who replaced the old ones) were able to improve on it I truly believe it could have been one of the greatest shows ever. Other than Ozymandias (Breaking Bad), the first episode of season 1 is probably the best episode of television I have ever watched.

As for

As for Season 1 in general, it was absolutely fantastic. It got me shouting at the TV with the jumps, the crazy moments and the sad moments. The characters were great, the story line was believable and the direction the show was heading could have ended up being up there with Breaking Bad and Game Of Thrones.

But with the writers being fired for Season 2 on wards, there is a noticeable difference between S1 and S2/S3. It has become so average, the story seems to be going no where which is disappointing. But dont get me wrong, The Walking Dead is one of my favorite shows, but I can't help but think it could have been an all time great if it built up from the brilliant season 1.

The Walking Dead Season 1: 10/10
  52. Apr 28, 2013
    Best zombie apocalypse series. All the things happening makes you think about what's going to happen next. The cast is good, the performance of the actors are simply perfect for every situation, watch the 1st episode and be ready to watch all the others seasons!
  53. Oct 21, 2012
    The Walking Dead is engaging, it's intense and overall very entertaining. Although a short season, this is definitely a strong one. It sets the atmosphere and story really well, has some good characters, and some annoying ones but overall it's a good start to the show and way better than season two.
  54. Mar 25, 2013
    In AMC's "The Walking Dead", you see some of the most developing and complex characters in television history. Based mainly on the comicbooks with some twists of its own the serie drags you into its world and makes you feel how these people have to survive. When the action is there, it's fresh and yet heart-pounding, and when it's not it will keep you glued to your screen because of theIn AMC's "The Walking Dead", you see some of the most developing and complex characters in television history. Based mainly on the comicbooks with some twists of its own the serie drags you into its world and makes you feel how these people have to survive. When the action is there, it's fresh and yet heart-pounding, and when it's not it will keep you glued to your screen because of the interresting dialog and stunning acting performances, especially from Norman reedus as Daryl Dixon a fan favorite. Expand
  55. Nov 9, 2013
    The Walking dead is one of the greatest series i've ever seen, only Breaking Bad is on same level. Right from actors, story, drama and character development its just great! Many think that there isnt enough action but then people dont understand what the walking dead is about. This show is about people and thats happens to them in when the world goes under.
  56. Mar 26, 2013
    serie fantástica, com muito desfechos inesperados e em um universo totalmente impensado anteriormente, um simbolo da cultura pop atual, e acho que se perpetuara em muitos tempos!
  57. Oct 23, 2013
    Season 1 of the Walking Dead was a great way to launch this epic zombie series. While the story isn't exactly original (due to it being based on zombies) it's still a great enjoyment. There are loveable characters, very hated characters and enough drama to keep it interesting. To me, what keeps the Walking Dead alive are all the great characters. We've gotten so attached to our favoriteSeason 1 of the Walking Dead was a great way to launch this epic zombie series. While the story isn't exactly original (due to it being based on zombies) it's still a great enjoyment. There are loveable characters, very hated characters and enough drama to keep it interesting. To me, what keeps the Walking Dead alive are all the great characters. We've gotten so attached to our favorite characters, whether it's our protagonist or our token black guy or our favorite redneck, we don't want to see them go and want to watch how their new lives in this zombie filled world unfold. Overall, the first season of the Walking Dead is a good watch and I'd highly recommend it. Expand
  58. Jul 4, 2014
    One of my favourite TV series alongside Breaking Bad, this world of walkers has been beautifully created and the characters have actual personality rather than some TV series. Being based off of the comics, although it is good to see their pages come to life, for those who read them before watching the TV series already knew what was going to happen.
  59. Nov 11, 2013
    AMAZING. One of the best pilots ever. Episode #1 was scary going down the stairs thinking a zombie will come out at any time but the reason it was so awesome was the fact that nothing happened. Drama at its best, and I loved it. Felt like I was there.
  60. Nov 23, 2014
    This TV show doesn't focus on the gore of zombie killing, but instead the emotions these people feel and moral decisions they have to make if for instance someone is 'bit'. Although some episodes seem slow, it always pays off at the mid-season finale or the season finale and it leaves us waiting for so many months to find out what happens to Rick and 'The Group'.
  61. Apr 29, 2016
    The Walking Dead creates the most unique zombie story of have ever seen. The fact that it was able to take all the cliches in zombie films, novels, etc and transform that into something different truely amazes me. Season 1 was a great opening to the show and it was enthralling to watch.

I will be reviewing season 2 soon! Rating: 9/10 A+ = 10 A = 9 A- = 8 B+ = 7 B = 6 B- = 5

I will be reviewing season 2 soon!

Rating: 9/10

D = 1.5
    D- = 1
    F = 0
  62. Jun 16, 2016
    I've been watching this TV show since September 2015 and still hyped about it. I really love the atmosphere: good characters, interesting plot, nice actors. First time I didn't understand all hype around it, but after watching the first episode of the show I realized how cool and fascinating this TV show is. I definitely recommend it if you haven't anything to watch.
  63. Oct 31, 2010
    Bloody brilliant. Amazingly paced, extremely well-acted, and wholly consuming. "The Walking Dead" will have me nailed to my couch for the next five episodes. Hands-down the best show or movie to feature zombies in a long, long time.
  64. Nov 12, 2010
    Wonderful. I have read 70 of the comics, so most of the plot has been ruined. However, AMC and Darabont included so many awesome points of embellishment to the meager beginnings of the series that the TV episodes stand on their own. This show is totally gripping. If you are a huge nerd, it can own your life. Since I am a huge nerd, I have no problems admitting I have not been thisWonderful. I have read 70 of the comics, so most of the plot has been ruined. However, AMC and Darabont included so many awesome points of embellishment to the meager beginnings of the series that the TV episodes stand on their own. This show is totally gripping. If you are a huge nerd, it can own your life. Since I am a huge nerd, I have no problems admitting I have not been this excited about any TV show since Lost. Expand
  65. Nov 1, 2010
    This show has been a long time coming. Being that it is based off the great Graphic Novel series of the same name, it holds water that it will continue to be fantastic. I had high hopes going in and was still completely blown away. The production value and directing, special effects and acting, and sheer scope of possibilities this has to offer is astounding. They don't pull anyThis show has been a long time coming. Being that it is based off the great Graphic Novel series of the same name, it holds water that it will continue to be fantastic. I had high hopes going in and was still completely blown away. The production value and directing, special effects and acting, and sheer scope of possibilities this has to offer is astounding. They don't pull any punches here, ie: it's as bloody and gory as any zombie flick worth noting. So if you are interested in a series that has the time to really connect you to the characters ( and by the looks of it, they plan to ), and are any kind of a zombie flick fan, this is what you've been waiting for. I for one, truly cannot wait to see more. Expand
  66. Dec 15, 2010
    Doesn't deserve a 10/10 but I think with it could get there. I really liked the drama/action scenes and I'm excited to see what Season 2 will bring to the show (I'm guessing the group will somehow go to France). But there was too much focus on the ridiculous social situation, I'ed be fine with most of the show being action intense scenes where the rest was focusing on the story andDoesn't deserve a 10/10 but I think with it could get there. I really liked the drama/action scenes and I'm excited to see what Season 2 will bring to the show (I'm guessing the group will somehow go to France). But there was too much focus on the ridiculous social situation, I'ed be fine with most of the show being action intense scenes where the rest was focusing on the story and development of the plot. Expand
  67. Dec 11, 2010
    An absolutly astounding series that has made me like zombie shows again after the abysmal Resident Evil films. The production quality is excellent for a TV series. The character development from episode to episode has been brilliant. The series takes alot of elements from the original comic series but then adds new elements to improve it even further and it succeeds!!!

One of the best TV

One of the best TV series I have seen in the last 2 years
  68. Oct 31, 2010
    Movie quality TV. Completely agree with that review. The acting, zombies, and cinematography is great. Definitely looking forward to the rest of this great TV show.
  69. Nov 1, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I know there is only a handful of you, but you people with poor reviews just amaze me! This was a TV show about Zombies!!! Not Shakespeare or a crappy Transformers movie with non stop stupid action!! If you don't like this show, you will never like anything! This was an absolute joy to watch! I know it was only one episode, but I loved the fact that they DID build on characters and they DID make you care for them. I didn't want the dad and son to be left behind! It did make you think as to what YOU would do if you were in the same situation of blowing your own wife's head (even though she is a zombie). I really don't know if I could! The few times they did pull at the heart strings, it did work!! Even the horse part made me upset! I have never written a review for a T.V. show before. But this one was so good that I had to say something. If you like Zombie movies, give this one a try. You will not be disappointed. Expand
  70. Dec 10, 2010
    This is alive and well while most of TV & movies are dead. Reality shows & overated spew like Inception & Hurtlocker. You have to grade on a curve a little rasing the score for this show. They need more zombies and action but it still is engaging and has its chilling moments, mostly it does well what Steven King does even if the story isnt the best it can grab you and have you eagerlyThis is alive and well while most of TV & movies are dead. Reality shows & overated spew like Inception & Hurtlocker. You have to grade on a curve a little rasing the score for this show. They need more zombies and action but it still is engaging and has its chilling moments, mostly it does well what Steven King does even if the story isnt the best it can grab you and have you eagerly awaiting what comes next. The rest of TV is run by the brain dead, shoot em in the head. Expand
  71. Jan 8, 2011
    The first episode blow me away! I'm addicted to this show. I think that the history line is really interesting and the characters and their stories will surprise us! And dispite some opinions i've heard, i think that the final episode ended really well! The door is open for more drama. The worst part, and i think that was not clever at all, its the one year between series.
  72. Apr 14, 2011
    One of the best shows on TV made for zombie lovers and haters. I've seen every episode at least three times now and they're all great. Props to AMC for giving so much freedom to the writers and producers. The wait for season 2 will be long and boring, but at least we'll have a full 13 episode season.
  73. Oct 17, 2011
    The season 2 premiere was edge-of-the-seat stuff, even given the fact they had to spend a little time re-establishing who's who. It was also quite possibly some of the goriest tv i've ever seen, but as always remains true to the plot, with excellent writing and fantastic special effects.
  74. Oct 25, 2011
    Amazing! My favorite show ever. Constant twists throughout the episodes with a great ending. I can expect season 2 to be even better. Daryl and T-Dog are the best.
  75. Feb 23, 2012
    Season 1 of The Walking Dead is simply amazing. The Show doesn't reinvent the "zombie apocalypse" or even come close. A lot of things can be familiar to anyone who's watched a few zombie movies, but this keeps you on your feet feeling a zombie expert watching their prey barely escape death constantly. The acting is great. The effects are fantastic for television. If you watch this season,Season 1 of The Walking Dead is simply amazing. The Show doesn't reinvent the "zombie apocalypse" or even come close. A lot of things can be familiar to anyone who's watched a few zombie movies, but this keeps you on your feet feeling a zombie expert watching their prey barely escape death constantly. The acting is great. The effects are fantastic for television. If you watch this season, you won't be disappointed. Expand
  76. Nov 15, 2011
    The Walking Dead television series is brilliant, such a good plot and very in depth, however it can be slow at points and take a more "Lost" approach in drawing the story out. Another good reason to watch this is because there is only 10 episodes so far (Across both series), so will be easy to get up to date with it.

However series 2 is even more slow then the first, this I think is

However series 2 is even more slow then the first, this I think is because they've been commissioned to create more episodes and series.
  77. Nov 15, 2011
    One of the best series from AMC. They did well with Mad Men, even better with Breaking Bad, and now completely outdone themselves with The Walking Dead. A perfect opening season for an amazing zombie show. The zombies on the show have to got to be the best I've seen in a while.
  78. Apr 28, 2012
    I absolutely love this series. The story is amazing, the characters are amazing, and the special effects are pretty good. My only problem is that the second season get a little slow at times.
  79. Feb 22, 2012
    what a great show! I have just caught up with the 2nd season now and it is probably better than the 1st already! why I only give it a 9 though is because the first season was maybe too short and also I didn't enjoy the last episode at all..so that's a 9 for season 1 and a 10 for season 2 so far!
  80. Mar 8, 2012
    After an overall solid first series yet a slow start to series 2, thw walking dead has finally reclaimed itself in my top 5 series of current times. Tension has been built up, the group is falling apart, things are getting epic again and i can't wait for the next 2 episodes.
  81. Mar 17, 2012
    This was a zombie masterpiece. It trumps most zombie movies out there and here it's just a TV show. Season 1 of The Walking Dead is something that's tough to beat. There's a good level of violence and character development here and that's just what you want on a show based on zombies.
  82. Jul 29, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. AMAZING! Everything I would expect but more! The suspense through the first season was awesome and the writers painted an amazing picture of the zombie apocalypse and how bad things were. Every character has it's own personality which makes you wonder as the show goes on how they will clash with other members of there camp. Every character can be related to in some aspect which makes it that more exciting to watch cause you think you know what the survivors will do next. The story always leads to new hope and also leads to great losses as well. Expand
  83. Sep 1, 2012
    I didn't thought this series was that good. I watched it and I enjoyed it - that's the main part. And then I found out why it was this good. It's based on a comic book. It's pretty darn good. I love the characters, though I had some trouble with Rick's wife and Shane. This series is definitely in the current top 10.
  84. Oct 27, 2012
    First season was superb compared to season two. There was little too much drama going on and the story proceeded very slowly. I recommend reading the comic books which are far more better then the TV show.
  85. Nov 7, 2012
    La mejor serie que he visto en mucho tiempo, fiel a los comics en muchos casos, escrita totalmente por Robert Kirkman, con drama, muertes que lo hacen una serie inesperada, inclusion de nuevos personajes como Daryl, una trama que se pueded seguir facilmente en ciertos puntos, una obra maestra.
  86. Jul 14, 2013
    This is quite frankly the magnum opus of the zombie genre. If you're looking for thrills and spectacular special effects, this show is for you. The makeup work is entirely without flaw, if zombies were real, this show portrays exactly what they'd look like, no hokiness to be had here. However, the story and drama has become merely average compared to the first season.
  87. Jan 13, 2013
    Absolutely breath-taking. I have only been watching the show since the end of season two, and I got addicted to watching it. The realism of it needs to go up a little bit, the actors are not too good. I just didn't see any improvement in their acting, especially when tears are shed. That is something that definitely needs put into work for the next season. This is my favorite show on AMC,Absolutely breath-taking. I have only been watching the show since the end of season two, and I got addicted to watching it. The realism of it needs to go up a little bit, the actors are not too good. I just didn't see any improvement in their acting, especially when tears are shed. That is something that definitely needs put into work for the next season. This is my favorite show on AMC, and probably my fifth favorite show all together. I highly recommend watching it if you're into dramas and science-fiction. Especially if you love hearing about zombies as a topic (no pun intended). Highly recommended. Expand
  88. Apr 17, 2013
    Pretty good. I personally think it's a bit overhyped. But it's still good. One thing I will say though is how BS some of the action sequences are. There needs to be more attention to detail. When the actor's are shooting .44s AKs and 12 gauges there is no recoil. Just a flash and a body falls down in the distance.. Really? Most of the actors do their part pretty well. But you never reallyPretty good. I personally think it's a bit overhyped. But it's still good. One thing I will say though is how BS some of the action sequences are. There needs to be more attention to detail. When the actor's are shooting .44s AKs and 12 gauges there is no recoil. Just a flash and a body falls down in the distance.. Really? Most of the actors do their part pretty well. But you never really care about any of them. Sure you don't like that they die but you really don't care honestly. The last thing I'll say about it is how FREAKING TERRIBLE the character Rick Grimes is. The actor tries WAYYYYYYYYY too hard to be dramatic in every way possible to EVERYTHING. Way too over-dramatic. I swear to god the next time I hear "LUUUUUUUUOOOOOOORRAAAAAAY!!!!!!" with him lisping and drooling from the mouth trying to be dramatic I'm going to tear my ears off my head. And the way he acts Mr. Tuff "I'm the leader and I'm going to broaden my shoulders and act like I know what I'm doing".. That's Rick Grimes in a nutshell. And he's going to annoy the hell outta especially since he's the main character. Expand
  89. Apr 4, 2013
    Season 1 of The Walking Dead is truly amazing for those who like the constant tension and anxiety of survival. The wake of the apocalyptic event truly entails a scenery that is both nostalgic and frightening. The pacing of the storyline, the character backgrounds and their emotional roller coasters are well-balanced leaving you wanting more. So don't be surprised when you catch yourselfSeason 1 of The Walking Dead is truly amazing for those who like the constant tension and anxiety of survival. The wake of the apocalyptic event truly entails a scenery that is both nostalgic and frightening. The pacing of the storyline, the character backgrounds and their emotional roller coasters are well-balanced leaving you wanting more. So don't be surprised when you catch yourself watching episode after episode. Expand
  90. May 14, 2013
    Really good stuff.
    The screenwriters of the walking dead did an fantastic job.They focus on the apocalyptic world and the live in it.The zombies are not the main feature but the give the series a little spice which makes it so enjoyable to watch.Good Work .
    Carry on.
  91. Oct 11, 2013
    One of the most remarkable dramas on TV. Stunning, scary, disgusting, dramatic, suspenseful.........pure entertainment!!!! Don't miss it!!! Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus are the best in my opinion.
  92. Aug 13, 2013
    This show is masterpiece. Every time I watch one episode, I want to go to the next episode. You get emotionally attached to the characters, and they kill them off, that makes you unpredictable of what is going to happen next
  93. Sep 26, 2013
    This show is awesome. But there are some parts where you question if this was the right way to go in terms of story and survival team co-existence and overall feeling. Nevertheless this show is worth your free time if you are into the whole zombie apocalypse theme and setting.
  94. Oct 15, 2013
    simply the best drama Tv series of all time. there ain't nothing like this show anywhere. anyone who thinks this is bad is a F...
    i HAVEN'T seen a zombie genre show like this. really effects on me.
  95. Oct 15, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The walking dead is an amazing series it has great characters it's scary and emotional It's an action packed tv series It's very gory I recomend it You should watch it Expand
  96. Nov 24, 2013
    The Walking Dead is a great show and an even better graphic novel. The first and second seasons of the show are by far the best. The current (fourth) season of the show leaves me feeling like I am always being hung over a cliff waiting for the next big thing to happen, but it just never comes. I really hope that the show continues to progress through the story and doesn't flicker out inThe Walking Dead is a great show and an even better graphic novel. The first and second seasons of the show are by far the best. The current (fourth) season of the show leaves me feeling like I am always being hung over a cliff waiting for the next big thing to happen, but it just never comes. I really hope that the show continues to progress through the story and doesn't flicker out in the fifth season, but judging by how the story is progressing now, that just may be the case. That being said: This is one of the best television series that I have ever watched and like I said earlier, an even better graphic novel (hint hint pick them up) Expand
  97. Dec 22, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I was a reader of the comics and fell in love with the atmosphere of them, the changing environment and the unforeseeable events. When I first saw the show, I fell in love. Season 1 and 2 brought a lot to the table. During Season 3, it started going down-hill.

The story was at first very exciting, because there was only a limited amount of characters and if they died, it'd leave the group struggling.

During the end of Season 3, when a bus full of survivors show up, it's like the writers are saying, "Hey, look at all these useless characters we can kill off!"

Season 1 was brilliant writing and then it turned into lazy writing.

Overall, a good television show with great potential remaining.
  98. Dec 27, 2013
    This show is great. Every episode is packed with action and thrills, leaving you at the edge of your seat the entire time. Andrew Lincoln's performance is superb and each new episode makes you jittery for the rest of the week wanting more. From slashing a walker's head with a katana to killing your infected family member this show really provides that action and suspense you really wantThis show is great. Every episode is packed with action and thrills, leaving you at the edge of your seat the entire time. Andrew Lincoln's performance is superb and each new episode makes you jittery for the rest of the week wanting more. From slashing a walker's head with a katana to killing your infected family member this show really provides that action and suspense you really want from a show. 10/10 no doubt. Expand
  99. Oct 25, 2015
    A great TV show that should be watched by all that just keeps getting better and will keep you guessing and on the edge of your seat, even if you read the excellent graphic novels this series is based on. With its great and very interesting cast of characters this series focuses on how these characters react and respond to the destruction of society and shows that these people will doA great TV show that should be watched by all that just keeps getting better and will keep you guessing and on the edge of your seat, even if you read the excellent graphic novels this series is based on. With its great and very interesting cast of characters this series focuses on how these characters react and respond to the destruction of society and shows that these people will do anything to survive and to protect the ones they love the most.

In conclusion a great show that you need to watch right now if you haven't already and experience the great show that is The Walking Dead.
  100. Jun 21, 2014
    My initial reaction to The Walking Dead left me feeling rather ill and sick, but after re-watching it, i discovered that the show about zombies, isn't just about zombies. We watch people break away into insanity and we watch people who get mauled and dismembered by zombies. The thing I love about this show are the relationships you develop with the characters, which makes it even worseMy initial reaction to The Walking Dead left me feeling rather ill and sick, but after re-watching it, i discovered that the show about zombies, isn't just about zombies. We watch people break away into insanity and we watch people who get mauled and dismembered by zombies. The thing I love about this show are the relationships you develop with the characters, which makes it even worse when you see them devoured... A solid 10 out of 10. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Tim Goodman
    Dec 7, 2010
    Darabont uses the TV-series format to break convention not only by defying the predictabilities of the horror genre (boo!) but also by infusing the recipe with more storytelling elan.
  2. Reviewed by: Alan Sepinwall
    Dec 7, 2010
    I was encouraged that the character-driven third episode was stronger than the zombie action-heavy second, and perhaps the producers will be proven right--that the longer this saga goes on past these initial six episodes, the more it will set itself apart from the zombie canon.
  3. Reviewed by: Mary McNamara
    Dec 7, 2010
    The Walking Dead, like any good horror tale, still believes in the importance of monsters, perfectly balancing the struggle of basic human decency with those palsied four-in-the-morning moments when we are convinced that everyone around us is trying to eat us alive