• Network: AMC
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
8.2

Universal acclaim- based on 2016 Ratings

1. May 25, 2013
    Based on a series of graphic novels from Robert Kirkman The Walking Dead is certainly one of the most original (I know there have been lots of zombie movies but no TV show I can remember) and entertaining shows to debut in the last few years.

This first season may only be six episodes long, due to the expensive nature of the show, but it fits more action and drama into those six episodes than most shows fit into twenty. There is certainly enough blood and gore to satisfy fans of horror movies but sensibly show runner Frank Darabont has taken the decision to only follow the graphic novel storylines loosely, slowing down proceedings on occasions and allowing the characters a chance to develop themselves. In fact the only slight disappointment in this first season was the visit to the super high tech disease centre, elements of which went a little too far down the sci-fi route for comfort and losing what makes this show different. Thankfully this seems to have been an exception rather than the norm in what was a promising start to what could become a cult classic.
  2. Mar 20, 2012
    A pretty solid show, Will definenty watch season 2. The huge flaw of this season is lack of episodes, It allows little developement of story lines and characters so everything is really fast paced. Its still an enjoyable show though.
  3. Mar 6, 2011
    One of the best shows ever to grace the television, the characters are enjoyable, the story is great as is the acting, my only complaint is that the season finale while great wasn't the best episode, I absolutely can not wait for season 2.
  4. Jun 24, 2014
    A great new zombie show, but I just wish it was longer. This is just the beginning of what will become a ratings juggernaut this show becomes and it's gets awesome
  5. Dec 30, 2013
    O começo de uma das séries mais emocionantes da tv fantástica, The Walking Dead rompe todos os patamar e se estabelece com uma boa trama e ótimos personagens.
  6. Sep 23, 2014
    #KillCarl

Has The Walking Dead laid the inspiration for BBC zombification rendition in The Flesh? Or is it the Social Cancer (tm) of socialism drag that stalled its production into this series second airing season? There won't be a hint of a cure until latter seasons. These are zombies well-done albeit not cooked. Unfortunately there is some plot decay into Battlestar-speed
    #KillCarl

Unfortunately there is some plot decay into Battlestar-speed (slow) plots.
  7. Apr 18, 2011
    Great Show! Great Acting, Great Plots! Overall Great BUT! In A Few Ep's It Seems Kinda Boring..
    9!
  8. Nov 26, 2010
    I have never watched a Zombie movie since "Night Of The Living Dead." I visited "Sean Of The Dead" briefly and had decided that this genre is strictly for teens and those with too much free time on their hands. I'm hooked on this one though. It's a grown up survivor movie with Zombies thrown in. The script is smart, the actors are all low profile enough to share the spotlight and notI have never watched a Zombie movie since "Night Of The Living Dead." I visited "Sean Of The Dead" briefly and had decided that this genre is strictly for teens and those with too much free time on their hands. I'm hooked on this one though. It's a grown up survivor movie with Zombies thrown in. The script is smart, the actors are all low profile enough to share the spotlight and not detract from each other's characters, and the Director is Frank Darabont (Shawshank Redemption; The Green Mile.) And it has Sarah Wayne Callies a fellow alumni of mine (about 36 years apart), the cutie pie Doc of "Prison Break." What I love about this series is that it never disappoints, never lags, never forgets it's main purpose: to show movie making at it's most edgily entertaining. What I get from watching this is the same thing I got from watching "Alien" the first time: transportation to another under consciousness land of Hades. Expand
  9. Mar 23, 2015
    In its first season, TWD shines bright in a sea of rehashed ideas. While the show doesn't get everything right - it's short set of episodes and lower starting budget can be partially blamed for this, TWD quickly becomes one of the most relevant pieces of entertainment in recent history. This is a show you must watch, assuming you can handle a heightened level of gore given the nature ofIn its first season, TWD shines bright in a sea of rehashed ideas. While the show doesn't get everything right - it's short set of episodes and lower starting budget can be partially blamed for this, TWD quickly becomes one of the most relevant pieces of entertainment in recent history. This is a show you must watch, assuming you can handle a heightened level of gore given the nature of the zombie survival setting and the fact that TWD is on AMC, allowing for more grit and realism that would be near-impossible on major networks. Expand
  10. Apr 27, 2013
    Great first season. Very fast paced and action packed six episodes with tight excellent plotting. Thankfully, the season ended on a high note with almost no filler. Every episode counted in the overall story arc. The premise is age old and unoriginal, but the execution was impeccable. The main characters were fleshed out pretty decently. Oddly, my favorite character thus far has been theGreat first season. Very fast paced and action packed six episodes with tight excellent plotting. Thankfully, the season ended on a high note with almost no filler. Every episode counted in the overall story arc. The premise is age old and unoriginal, but the execution was impeccable. The main characters were fleshed out pretty decently. Oddly, my favorite character thus far has been the redneck with the crossbow, who always comes in handy to the group in tight spots. Expand
  11. Oct 19, 2013
    this first season of the walking dead was simply great, every episode has merits of being good, not only throughout the season but its end is great, I wanted to see what would be in that group of survivors with no goal to reach.
  12. Feb 26, 2013
    I did not want to get into AMC's The Walking Dead, because it is what a like to call, addictive television. I try to avoid shows like this, but I was at a friend house the other week and there were a group of people watching it, so I really didn't have a choice and I got sucked into it's grip. The reason I don't like to watch shows like this is because it's based on a book, which usuallyI did not want to get into AMC's The Walking Dead, because it is what a like to call, addictive television. I try to avoid shows like this, but I was at a friend house the other week and there were a group of people watching it, so I really didn't have a choice and I got sucked into it's grip. The reason I don't like to watch shows like this is because it's based on a book, which usually means, the show is amazing and very well written until they reach the end of the book and have to come up with new stuff on their own. At that point, the quality of the story quickly diminishes and the show either gets boring or goes way over the top. As I watched the first two seasons of The Walking Dead over the course of a couple weeks, I found that the same was true for it. The first season was an absolute delight and I hated the fact that it was only six episodes. The second season started out pretty good also, but that's when the book must have ended and things changed. This powerful, exciting show became extremely predictable, with every episode featuring about forty minutes of talking and five minutes of action. So, if I was so turned off by it at that point, why am I watching the new episodes right now? Addictive television! Now that I know the characters and their stories I want answers to the same four questions as everyone else. Who is fighting with who, who is having sex with who, how will the story end, and the big one, who lives and who dies. Similar to soap operas, shows like the Walking Dead, for the most part, aren't well written, are extremely predictable, and don't really develop much after the initial impact. I didn't see a single episode in the second or third season that I enjoyed as much as I did every episode from season 1. I am nevertheless invested in the show and what happens now, and to be honest it's not that it's a bad show. I really like Sarah Wayne Callies from Prison Break and Norman Reedus's character is the one guy who really evolved into someone who fascinates me. The action scenes, as well as the effects are terrific, and they do have a pretty talented cast. It's my hope that as it continues to gain popularity, that the writers turn to other sources, perhaps the author of the book or even some fan fiction for alternative ideas on how to keep things fresh and interesting, because right now, aside from the question of who lives and who dies, there isn't much there to attract new viewers to the show. If you like dark stories, horror, and end of the world type fiction, I'd give the show a try, but if you're a newbie whose thinking about getting into the Walking Dead, I warn you, the first season is amazing and will suck you in, but after that, as of yet, it hasn't gotten any better. Expand
  13. Mar 30, 2015
    Emotionally resonant, and featuring a powerful lead in Andrew Lincoln, The Walking Dead succeeds not just as a tale of apocalypse and horror, but as a character-driven survival story that ultimately refuses generic categorization from its dead inhabitants.
  14. Aug 19, 2014
  15. Nov 28, 2014
    Season 1 is short of a masterpiece of television. 6 episodes long and I wasn't bored. Interesting build up on characters and I honestly can say this is the best thing to come out of the walking dead series.. with the best episode ever being... the first.. and the second best being the finale of this season.. Sadly however the walking dead will never reach this height again.. well... thatSeason 1 is short of a masterpiece of television. 6 episodes long and I wasn't bored. Interesting build up on characters and I honestly can say this is the best thing to come out of the walking dead series.. with the best episode ever being... the first.. and the second best being the finale of this season.. Sadly however the walking dead will never reach this height again.. well... that is 4 years later... and it hasn't Expand
  16. Oct 1, 2011
    Being a fan of the graphic novel series, I was not too disappointed by the series premiere of THE WALKING DEAD. The television adaptation surely wasn't as faithful as it could have been, and it took some liberties that it certainly had the right to do, but it was good, if not, great.
  17. Apr 23, 2013
    Ok, so this show is by no means a 10 or a 1, it's not in the red or yellow either. This show has extremely believable qualities from acting to the effects, however it is not as hype as they say. Yeah it's good but not super. I mean Zombieland is more interesting to watch. But for hardcore fans of zombies you will really like this it's hard to get attached to any character the only time IOk, so this show is by no means a 10 or a 1, it's not in the red or yellow either. This show has extremely believable qualities from acting to the effects, however it is not as hype as they say. Yeah it's good but not super. I mean Zombieland is more interesting to watch. But for hardcore fans of zombies you will really like this it's hard to get attached to any character the only time I actually felt sadden was like 3 times. The little girl turned zombie, the kid having to kill his mom while she was giving birth, when that guy was shot while they stayed at that farm. Thats it, also like the other hyped up show Pretty Little Liars these shows can be hard to watch cause they would take long times getting to a point or climax. At lease with PLL it's always giving us a since that there being watched. I have stopped watching the show. I mean I was suspended for a week and while I was at home and it was raining I saw the whole first season and thought damn thats good, then by the second episode of season 2 It got boring. My review is watch if you either like horror/zombies/or really good filming/effects. 6.5 Expand
  18. Feb 3, 2012
    With top notch performances from Andrew Lincoln, Jon Bernthal, Laurie Holden, Sarah Wayne Callies and Norman Reedus, what's not to love about The Walking Dead? Due to a great ensemble cast and some of the best writers and directors in the game (most of them are responsible for writing and directing for some of the best shows on television, including: Breaking Bad, The Sopranos, The Wire,With top notch performances from Andrew Lincoln, Jon Bernthal, Laurie Holden, Sarah Wayne Callies and Norman Reedus, what's not to love about The Walking Dead? Due to a great ensemble cast and some of the best writers and directors in the game (most of them are responsible for writing and directing for some of the best shows on television, including: Breaking Bad, The Sopranos, The Wire, The Shield, Rescue Me, and Sons of Anarchy) The Walking Dead has became a mega-hit and due to a large fan base (Although some of you don't appreciate the Walking Dead's brilliance as much as others) a rating's juggernaut. Expand
  19. Dec 27, 2012
    Besides having some annoying characters, THE WALKING DEAD Season One is top-notch television; it is scary and suspenseful and feels very real, it is also very intense as well. I will be hard for the other seasons to top the brilliance that this introductory season offered.
  20. Mar 13, 2013
    Rarely does a show start off with such a bang. The Pilot is near-perfect showcase of the potential greatness of this show. While the subsequent episodes aren't as good, the final episode is an emotional rollercoaster and wraps the season up nicely. 8.5/10
  21. Oct 31, 2010
    I was a bit skeptical before the premiere but now I am sold. It's truly amazing how AMC continues to come up with such great series that pretty much put the big networks to shame. This series shows great promise. Watching this premiere was like watching a high production movie, but in a good way. Definitely hope it gets renewed for a second season if it hasn't yet.
  22. Apr 19, 2014
    Awesome season. I couldn't stop watching. There's plenty of drama and action to satisfy everyone. The acting is fantastic and the story is awesome. One fight scene was obviously fake and I didn't like the script at times, but I had no other problems with this.
  23. Oct 7, 2013
    It's a fun show. It's got everything you want from a zombie show; sorrow, brutal violence, great characters and attachment. It's a good show. The show that everyone will talk about in 30 years besides Breaking Bad.
  24. Sep 13, 2013
    This first season in a nutshell has been very good, but with some ups and downs, I really liked the pilot episode, my favorite characters are Rick and Morgan, the series deviates much from the comic in which they are based, but I can not deny that have excellent makeup to characterize the zombies out excellent highlight Noah Emmerich as Dr. Edwin Jenner.
  25. Oct 31, 2010
    The best zombie apocalypse TV show so far. In the vein of Romero's "Dawn of the Dead" (large quantities of slow-walking, entropy-like zombies, destroy the brain, don't get bit or scratched); very graphic, but mostly very serious (questions of race, gender, humanity under stress...), emotional, played straight and not afraid of slow, quiet moments. These are thinking person's zombies andThe best zombie apocalypse TV show so far. In the vein of Romero's "Dawn of the Dead" (large quantities of slow-walking, entropy-like zombies, destroy the brain, don't get bit or scratched); very graphic, but mostly very serious (questions of race, gender, humanity under stress...), emotional, played straight and not afraid of slow, quiet moments. These are thinking person's zombies and all hail AMC for another excellent series for adults. This and "Rubicon" should be getting some Emmies. Expand
  26. Sep 1, 2013
    The First Season of amc's the walking dead, blew me away, i was so surprised when i first sat down and watched the first episode i honestly wasn't expecting anything like this: A zombie drama that focuses more on the survivors and how they cope with the changing of their environment, The first season of the walking dead was so good, the Past was good, the action was great, the firstThe First Season of amc's the walking dead, blew me away, i was so surprised when i first sat down and watched the first episode i honestly wasn't expecting anything like this: A zombie drama that focuses more on the survivors and how they cope with the changing of their environment, The first season of the walking dead was so good, the Past was good, the action was great, the first episode was amazing followed by 6 other will down episodes, AMC's the Walking Dead is truly worth your time. FINAL VERDICT 10/10 Expand
  27. Dec 1, 2010
    AMC Originals is damn good TV and I can see this one going very far. I saw the first episode on Halloween and I had no idea it was a pilot to a new series. What a surprise! That was so cool - always been a big fan of the zombie movies. I hope that they can go the distance with such a complicated premise for a show. So far with only a few episodes they're off to an amazing start.
  28. Mar 30, 2012
    Even though its only seven episodes (7). season 1 was a great season. it gives us the tactics on how to survive a zombie apocalypse. Instant classic
  29. Feb 9, 2014
    The series got off to a stellar start! The pilot was absolutely perfectly done. The show also know how to strike a good blend between character development and amazing gory violence. So far so good.
  30. Sep 29, 2013
    Saw this show a while ago, ad just decided to write a review for this season. Brilliant writing and acting all around. Very well paced, and unlike a lot of recent zombie shows/movies, there are some genuinely scary scenes. The season was amazing and I was instantly hooked.
  31. Nov 9, 2012
    This first taste is damn near perfect.
  32. Nov 29, 2012
    I am SHOCKED that anyone has anything bad to say about this show - and I am a VERY critical person when it comes to television. The first season of this show has action and heart, and something sorely missing in modern storytelling - a hero. There's plenty of action and gore, heartfelt moments and incredible storytelling and character development, and incredible graphics that seamlesslyI am SHOCKED that anyone has anything bad to say about this show - and I am a VERY critical person when it comes to television. The first season of this show has action and heart, and something sorely missing in modern storytelling - a hero. There's plenty of action and gore, heartfelt moments and incredible storytelling and character development, and incredible graphics that seamlessly mix old world prosthetics and makeup with new world CGI, There is not a single weak link in the incredible ensemble.cast. The storytellers who are writing the plot keep things just twisty enough so you never know what will happen next - but not so twisty that you can't easily keep track of what's going on. The only reason this first season has a 9 instead of a 10 is that there are a lot of characters to keep track of, and in only 6 episodes, you don't have quite enough time to get really attached. Keep up the good work, Walking Dead!!! Expand
  33. Nov 5, 2013
    An amazing show about survival & zombies to be exact. Very emotional and it is hard to stop watching when your glued in. Not as good as Breaking Bad but it's a special show.
  34. Oct 13, 2013
    The first season of Walking Dead finally brings back the zombie genre. With great acting, characters, editing, and pacing, this show is not afraid to go all out and kill off main characters. Here's to hoping that this show sticks around a while!
  35. Jun 17, 2011
    Amazing, and there is no other way to put it. The Walking Dead is easily the best dramatic show on TV. It gets actual human emotions from a strong ensemble and great writing. This TV show manages to be both better then all non-Romero zombie movies, and it manages to be more dramatic then most other dramas. I honestly was starting to feel bad for the walkers, doomed to there horrible fate.Amazing, and there is no other way to put it. The Walking Dead is easily the best dramatic show on TV. It gets actual human emotions from a strong ensemble and great writing. This TV show manages to be both better then all non-Romero zombie movies, and it manages to be more dramatic then most other dramas. I honestly was starting to feel bad for the walkers, doomed to there horrible fate. This show, unlike most zombie movies, has likable characters that you really feel for. One of the top 5 shows on TV. Expand
  36. Dec 16, 2014
    It's a great start for an ambitious adaptation. It's a brutal, bone breaking, bonanza. The sets are impressively detailed as are the brilliantly realistic (in want of a better word) walkers. One main let down is that the show's characters are not as strong as say those in Breaking Bad or Game of Thrones. We are however let into a detailed post apocalyptic 'zombie' world that actually feels real.
  37. Nov 20, 2010
    The Walking Dead is not spoiled with Hollywood's glamorous charm. This show is a gritty, nasty zombie experience that will turn you into the said species as you watch the story unfold on your devil box.
  38. Oct 19, 2013
    The first part of the season is a well crafted, almost shot-for-shot adaptation of the original graphic novel. The second half strays away but maintains the excitement and terror you'd very much expect from a zombie apocalypse.
  39. Nov 4, 2014
    I will start off by saying no character is safe from being killed and I won't go past that because I don't want to have any spoilers. This is one of the best TV shows that I've watched in a long time, but I will say that some episodes and particularly one season(I won't say anything else) gets quite boring. You start off with all this action and killing and then in one of the seasons itI will start off by saying no character is safe from being killed and I won't go past that because I don't want to have any spoilers. This is one of the best TV shows that I've watched in a long time, but I will say that some episodes and particularly one season(I won't say anything else) gets quite boring. You start off with all this action and killing and then in one of the seasons it slows down drastically. A few of the episodes I had to actually make myself watch, along with an episode in the current season. With that being said I still give this show a 9 because the overall aspect of the show is a great one. It's always interesting to watch and you won't be disappointed if you take the time to watch it. Expand
  40. Nov 30, 2014
    The score reflects the entire series not just individual season.

Fantastic show. It took its time building up but it is definitely worth watching. Great story and it keeps getting better with every episode and now I can't wait for it to air. Some of the stuff is pretty f***** up.
  41. Jan 21, 2011
    Man, that pilot is one of the best things I saw on TV last year, but then, it went downhill after that. I feel a bit conflicted because there are some things I really love about this show, the atmosphere, mood, etc. but on the other hand its filled with clichéd dialogue, contrived situations, shoddy accents and acting, so overall I feel disappointed with it. I really thinkMan, that pilot is one of the best things I saw on TV last year, but then, it went downhill after that. I feel a bit conflicted because there are some things I really love about this show, the atmosphere, mood, etc. but on the other hand its filled with clichéd dialogue, contrived situations, shoddy accents and acting, so overall I feel disappointed with it. I really think that the show can only go up from here, now with a new writing staff hopefully they'll address these issue and if not, well, it did have an awesome pilot. Expand
  42. Nov 24, 2010
    The cinematography is amazing, the music is amazing, the actors are good, the plot is amazing, the atmosphere is very well crafted, and the general tone of the show is very well done. Do not miss The Walking Dead.
  43. May 19, 2011
    The Zombie genre is something has been worn out time and time again but thankfully AMC's The Walking Dead is nothing short of sensational! Following a zombie apocalypse a group of survivors led by Rick Grimes are travelling across a desolate Americain the search for a safety however the dead are now coming back to life and danger awaits them around every corner. An engaging, stimulatingThe Zombie genre is something has been worn out time and time again but thankfully AMC's The Walking Dead is nothing short of sensational! Following a zombie apocalypse a group of survivors led by Rick Grimes are travelling across a desolate Americain the search for a safety however the dead are now coming back to life and danger awaits them around every corner. An engaging, stimulating and intense debut season that will have you hooked right from the start. Incredibly well paced in showing the atmosphere of a bleak and deserted America and also to develope each character enabling the audience to connect with them. Acting on show is fantastic and the story has been been wonderfully written. The only criticism I have is it is a mere 6 episodes! However, its 6 hours of quality stuff. Bring on Season 2! Expand
  44. Jan 27, 2013
    Can there be a QUALITY show with loads of violence featuring zombies? You'll know that answer when you watch The Walking Dead. I fell in love almost immediately. Solid characters and great pacing really elevate the show.
  45. Feb 22, 2015
    Having not been familiar with the source material when first aired, I was very skeptical with the idea of stretching a story about a zombie apocalypse into an ongoing series and even though I was generally won over by the end of episode one, I still had doubts about its longevity.

Featuring Romero inspired gore and achieving a real sense of scale in spite of its television limitations, I was instantly won over by both its tone and style however it was the central story about the plight of Andrew Lincoln's Rick Grimes which carries it through the first season and indeed in all seasons since. Season one moves at a brisker pace with the introduction of a group of survivors whose lack of development is compensated by their diversity and general likability. It's testament to its excellent cast and writers that the pivotal and brutal night attack at the end of episode 4 really packs a punch whilst also serving as the real catalyst for climatic events in the second season.

Season one in hindsight feels bare in comparison to what follows but it does its job perfectly in setting the scene and introducing the character so successfully that you care for them whilst looking forward to seeing what happens next. It may only have six episodes but it certainly doesn't waste them.
  46. Nov 6, 2010
    This is by far the best show on television right now. It has movie quality acting, special effects, and storyline. It's basically an epic movie that amc is showing an hour of every week.
  47. May 11, 2013
    A very good start to the series. I'll take the first episode, as my favorite so far of the season. Without a doubt the best series of Zombies that can be found on television.
  48. Nov 2, 2010
    It definitely had me staring at the screen instead of my computer, especially the end scene in the city. I'm excited for the rest of this show, and glad there's a zombie tv show, and it's actually very good. You don't really know the characters too much yet, but I feel like we will find ourselves caring about them quite a bit. I mean, it is AMC, and they tend to do shows well. If only IIt definitely had me staring at the screen instead of my computer, especially the end scene in the city. I'm excited for the rest of this show, and glad there's a zombie tv show, and it's actually very good. You don't really know the characters too much yet, but I feel like we will find ourselves caring about them quite a bit. I mean, it is AMC, and they tend to do shows well. If only I didn't have to wait... Expand
  49. Mar 5, 2012
    I can't stand people hating this for no reason, this is one of the best shows i have ever seen. No one, and i repeat no one have ever done this before, getting the whole zombie apocalypse plot and putting it together for a TV show with such brilliance is just amazing. I wasn't sure i'll ever watch this show but i did somehow just to see if i like it and since then i am a big fan. This showI can't stand people hating this for no reason, this is one of the best shows i have ever seen. No one, and i repeat no one have ever done this before, getting the whole zombie apocalypse plot and putting it together for a TV show with such brilliance is just amazing. I wasn't sure i'll ever watch this show but i did somehow just to see if i like it and since then i am a big fan. This show is brilliantly paced and acted with many scenes that gives you heart stopping thrills and chills. The good thing is that it is written perfectly so it doesn't comes off as a cheap show with Zombies and all. Just brilliant. Expand
  50. Dec 14, 2012
    With season 1, the Walking Dead set itself up as a show far different then almost anything else on television. Though it had its share of hokey moments, the suspense that was built was truly remarkable. Great dialogue, wonderful acting, and an interesting plot all made this one of my favorite shows of all time.
  51. Feb 20, 2015
    If TWD had been only one season long, it would have been a classic. Less episodes and a budget you can see where it went. Before the days of TWD becoming a soap opera with no sense of direction, Season One was great. Recomended.
  52. Nov 22, 2010
    What could be more entertaining than watching a show about zombies? The answer is nothing. The characters are developed extremely well, and the core of the show is a dark and lonely tone, with everyone who hasn't been bitten by the infected people coming together to survive. Simplicity is a trend I have noticed in 2010, and the show creators create one of the most interesting and WTF?What could be more entertaining than watching a show about zombies? The answer is nothing. The characters are developed extremely well, and the core of the show is a dark and lonely tone, with everyone who hasn't been bitten by the infected people coming together to survive. Simplicity is a trend I have noticed in 2010, and the show creators create one of the most interesting and WTF? shows of the year. Expand
  53. May 14, 2012
    Yes yes we at the internet love zombies but the show needs more of them. The first season was great but with the exception of the first and last two episodes of season two it was terrible. except the episodes I mentioned each episodes is just people walking around saying "what do you think about so and so" then that person goes to another person and they say "what do you think about soYes yes we at the internet love zombies but the show needs more of them. The first season was great but with the exception of the first and last two episodes of season two it was terrible. except the episodes I mentioned each episodes is just people walking around saying "what do you think about so and so" then that person goes to another person and they say "what do you think about so and so" then they kill a single zombie and the show is over. If they continue as they ended the season this should could be really great. Expand
  54. Nov 21, 2013
    The Walking Dead is scary, thrilling and bloody brilliant. The acting is great, and the special effects are mesmerizing. TWD makes us realize that horror can be this effective and scary. While not as good as Breaking Bad, TWD has a good story, interesting characters such as Glenn and Rick with the awesome Dale, it makes its spot for an awesome tv show this season.
  55. Jun 16, 2013
    I loved it but it was really sad that it was only six episodes? Truly disappointed. What surprised me was that from even the first season some people die. Really liked it. It keeps you interest for the next season. Extraorrdinary
  56. Nov 2, 2010
    I'm not a fan of the horror genre but was pretty impressed by this show. Well acted, well-directed, well-written but could afford to move along at a little bit faster pace. More gore than I think I've ever seen on a basic cable show too. Looking forward to upcoming episodes and hope they utilize the twists and turns in the writing that AMC shows are known for.
  57. Dec 5, 2010
    I love this show. It dominates others.
  58. Nov 17, 2010
    This must be the best show of the year! The Walking Dead is based upon the brilliant comic book and isn't afraid to veer off from the original comic and change things up a bit. I like this, because it allows us to see this storyline and these characters in a different way to the comics. Directed by Frank Darabont and produced by Gale Anne Hurd, this show has some pedigree. Every week isThis must be the best show of the year! The Walking Dead is based upon the brilliant comic book and isn't afraid to veer off from the original comic and change things up a bit. I like this, because it allows us to see this storyline and these characters in a different way to the comics. Directed by Frank Darabont and produced by Gale Anne Hurd, this show has some pedigree. Every week is like a mini-movie, and done exceptionley well like a movie. If there was only 1 show for me to recommend this year, let alone this decade, it's be The Walking Dead Expand
  59. Oct 1, 2013
    The Walking Dead Season 1 was an amazing start to a great new series based on a zombie apocalypse. Rarely done as a TV series the zombie genre has crawled its way back from the dead after several rehash comedic movies and have started a Renaissance which produced new seasons of this show among numerous games, movies, comics and other forms of media based on the Zombie genre. About theThe Walking Dead Season 1 was an amazing start to a great new series based on a zombie apocalypse. Rarely done as a TV series the zombie genre has crawled its way back from the dead after several rehash comedic movies and have started a Renaissance which produced new seasons of this show among numerous games, movies, comics and other forms of media based on the Zombie genre. About the show itself however the characters, the storyline and the entire setting is quite nicely done. The emotion that is shown in the entire season is well put and despite the fact that some of the actors may not be well known upon the beginning of this show they will be known afterwards for years to come especially when newer seasons appear. The only main complaint in this season however is the length as the first season was only 6 episodes long. Expand
  60. Jul 22, 2012
    Being a fan of the comics I had to see the series. Its nothing like the comics except for characters, guys waking up in a hospital and other stuff. But it still is great on how they do it``(sometimes even better then the comic). Despite its not like the comic, this is a great tv show. The Walking Dead: Season 1 8.6/10
  61. Feb 24, 2013
    Brilliant TV show. I did not start watching it until late in 2012 and was very surprised at how good it is. Interesting characters, well-crafted setting, the zombies look great. Plenty of human drama to complement the action.
  62. Sep 24, 2013
    Amazing show! It has everything a zombie apocalypse show should have! The acting is outstanding and has an amazing storyline. It has you on edge always worried about each character and what is about to happen to the group next. Some episodes have even made me cry! Amazing! I'm going to write this for all 3 season because they all truly are brilliant! No complaints!
  63. May 28, 2015
    6 episodios, pero geniales, lleno de zombies bien maquillados, actuaciones buenas y gran historia. Muy recomendable su primera temporada. Ademas tiene unos guiños a Breaking Bad que siempre sacan el Heisenberg interior que tiene cada fan.
  64. Nov 18, 2010
    Who wouldn't want to watch 28 Days Later as a series on TV? As I waited for the show, I really hoped they would make it work, because a large dose of well-done zombies is hard to get. We have 6 episodes this season, which equates to about 3 movies. Well done.
  65. Apr 28, 2011
    Initially, I thought this show would just be another generic zombie show. However, it is actually quite a masterpiece of interesting characterization, dialogue, and action. Another great AMC production (on-par with Breaking Bad).
  66. Feb 4, 2012
    Somebody pinch me. I honestly think i'm dreaming because never in a million years would I think a successful zombie-themed television show be on the air. The Walking Dead is based on a series of comic books of the same name that are written by Robert Kirkman after first being published in 2003. This show has essential features from many other great TV programs, books and films. The actingSomebody pinch me. I honestly think i'm dreaming because never in a million years would I think a successful zombie-themed television show be on the air. The Walking Dead is based on a series of comic books of the same name that are written by Robert Kirkman after first being published in 2003. This show has essential features from many other great TV programs, books and films. The acting is on par for some of the best presently on the small screen. One drawback is how short the first season is with only six episodes. Expand
  67. Oct 21, 2012
    By far, one of the best shows on currently on cable, season one of 'The Walking Dead' manages to bring out the vibrant characters, set pieces, and palpable tension of the graphic novels, while not loosing the appeal in the transition to the medium of TV. Week after week we may find ourselves returning, not solely for the promise of zombies and gore (which are delivered in spades here, byBy far, one of the best shows on currently on cable, season one of 'The Walking Dead' manages to bring out the vibrant characters, set pieces, and palpable tension of the graphic novels, while not loosing the appeal in the transition to the medium of TV. Week after week we may find ourselves returning, not solely for the promise of zombies and gore (which are delivered in spades here, by the way), but for the lived-in, realistic drama of these troubled characters and their plights. Its a shame that the vast dramatic territory explored through the post-apocalyptic universe hasn't been charted yet (if it has, it hasn't been given justice apparently), and The Walking Dead makes for a great argument for the continuation of the horror genre. A great show that should please everyone (save for the squeamish, maybe). Expand
  68. Sep 28, 2012
    This is easily one of the best shows on TV. People who don't like this usually complain that zombies are not in it enough. This show is not about the zombies. If you read the comics, or watched the show you get that The Walking Dead refers to the people who are alive more than the zombies themselves. They are doing nothing, but postponing their inevitable demise. This is a show aboutThis is easily one of the best shows on TV. People who don't like this usually complain that zombies are not in it enough. This show is not about the zombies. If you read the comics, or watched the show you get that The Walking Dead refers to the people who are alive more than the zombies themselves. They are doing nothing, but postponing their inevitable demise. This is a show about people in a post apocalyptic world, and it does such and excellent job of showing the changes that occur in people when something like this happen. If you are not a fan of gore, then it might be hard to watch, but if you are willing to close your eyes every now and then to miss a head being smashed in, then by all means watch it. This is a MUST watch. Expand
  69. Oct 21, 2012
    The comic (and the episodic game, for that matter) are better. 100%. Any fan of the show should check out the comic and is missing out if they haven't. That said, I do LIKE the show (so far, after seeing Season 1). There are some really interesting new ideas, like what happens in the Season finale and how some of the stuff plays out differently. Not all the changes are for the best though.The comic (and the episodic game, for that matter) are better. 100%. Any fan of the show should check out the comic and is missing out if they haven't. That said, I do LIKE the show (so far, after seeing Season 1). There are some really interesting new ideas, like what happens in the Season finale and how some of the stuff plays out differently. Not all the changes are for the best though. The pacing is really off, especially the first episode (which is weaker than the rest of the Season, overall), Shane really isn't interesting enough to become a main character, that I definitely found regrettable. And even that which they took from the comics... well, some of the hammy acting actually makes the unfortunate awkward idiosyncracies of Kirkman's writing show, rather than highlighting how strong it can be at times. But despite these complaints, the show is enjoyable. A zombie apocalypse is rife with the kind of ongoing human drama that can sustain a series and I'm surprised that it hasn't been done before. So, despite its flaws (and it is flawed), the show ends up being really unique and worth a watch, although I would recommend the comic universe as the superior "Walking Dead" media. Expand
  70. Mar 24, 2013
    This show is truly intense in every standard. Thrills, suspense, drama, etc. It may not be so much a scary show, but you have to admit, it's one hell of a show. The zombies may be what makes the show suspensefull, but watching the people have to fight amongst each other not only shows great drama, but even thrills. Especially in season 3. I mean, watching the Governor being his bad,This show is truly intense in every standard. Thrills, suspense, drama, etc. It may not be so much a scary show, but you have to admit, it's one hell of a show. The zombies may be what makes the show suspensefull, but watching the people have to fight amongst each other not only shows great drama, but even thrills. Especially in season 3. I mean, watching the Governor being his bad, villanous self is what really brings in the thrills. I can't to see how season 3 will end. Overall, it's a tremendous zombie show. Truly TV's greatest thrilller. Expand
  71. Dec 7, 2013
    Zombie aren't the sexiest creatures to date, at which they do live up to their name "The Walking Dead". The post-apocalyptic setting has been a overused figure, although this time around it stand out of the pack. This series is a great accomplishment being dynamic and engaging with it's far shares of scare-fest points -who's turning the doorknob?!- it's definitely extremely bloody, asZombie aren't the sexiest creatures to date, at which they do live up to their name "The Walking Dead". The post-apocalyptic setting has been a overused figure, although this time around it stand out of the pack. This series is a great accomplishment being dynamic and engaging with it's far shares of scare-fest points -who's turning the doorknob?!- it's definitely extremely bloody, as zombie guts splatter all over the place like chunky borscht. Zombies fans will be impressed raring for more! Expand
  72. May 4, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Something I normally do when I watch a sort of disaster show or movie is to put myself in all of the characters shoes and normally I always do something that the people in the show never think of but with this show it gives you I real task to think of what to do, weather its deciding on shooting your wife, because she is a zombie obviously not just because she throw out all of my playboy magazines but enough of my personal problems! The only problem with the show is that the characters problems are just extremely boring and you dont care if some **** is cheating on her husband who she thinks is dead. Expand
  73. j30
    Jan 24, 2012
    A really well made show that feels more like a movie than a TV show. The make-up, acting, and direction all work together beautifully. Making a TV show where you care about the characters and what happens to them goes a long way.
  74. Nov 28, 2012
    A really good show but other shows are better i do like the killings and action and ppl dying but some of the characters are annoying as shotttttttttt
  75. Jan 25, 2015
    The Good: Well made and there are some compelling "morality/ethics based" storylines.
    The not so good: I'm getting Zombie fatigued getting into the 5th season.
  76. Nov 10, 2010
    The walking dead is a series that has lots of drama, zombies, and some social commentary. It also focueses on he human spirit to a degree, highlighting the trails that many of us would face in a survival situation. It also has moments of genius (i.e. how characters solve problems in unconventional ways). However, the shows loses steam with it's long, drawn out season opener, which took farThe walking dead is a series that has lots of drama, zombies, and some social commentary. It also focueses on he human spirit to a degree, highlighting the trails that many of us would face in a survival situation. It also has moments of genius (i.e. how characters solve problems in unconventional ways). However, the shows loses steam with it's long, drawn out season opener, which took far too long to establish characters and setting. It also loses steam from having too many instances of characters having long winded conversations with each other regarding nothing. It's not a good sign when you have to fast forward through the episode to get to good parts.

Overall, this is pretty good show; albeit, it has it's drawbacks.
  77. Jun 24, 2011
    I am a zombie kind of guy. I love the genre, even the pseudo zombie films like Resident Evil and 28 Days Later. Some are cheesy and enjoyable in their own right while others are marvelous. I am perhaps a "heretic" by saying that the remake of Dawn of the Dead was so much better than the original yet I think the original NoTLD is still the best. With Walking Dead I kind of had spoilersI am a zombie kind of guy. I love the genre, even the pseudo zombie films like Resident Evil and 28 Days Later. Some are cheesy and enjoyable in their own right while others are marvelous. I am perhaps a "heretic" by saying that the remake of Dawn of the Dead was so much better than the original yet I think the original NoTLD is still the best. With Walking Dead I kind of had spoilers going in because I had read the Kirkman books, but I was also apprehensive. When I heard a TV show was being developed I thought okay showtime or HBO, because they will be the only ones that can pull off the REQUIRED headshots, so I was worried that AMC had it. Not their rep for quality, just the reality of their audience. But wow, its gorgeous, and it had done a heck of a good job staying faithful to the source material. In the books the zombies are NOT in every frame, in fact they are ultimately secondary participants, and the fact that the show has followed this same blueprint is what makes the show superior. If the show continues keeps faith with the source, even if only 50%, we have some great television coming. Romero build the genre and the rules that go with it, but the Walking Dead will be looked upon as DEFINING the genre. Expand
  78. Oct 27, 2012
    This is one of the two best shows on TV. This first season was great and it keeps getting better & better. The 3rd season is starting off to be a hell of a ride. I dont know what some of these reviewers are talking about not caring about the characters; I like the show because of the character development! I was not into watching TV shows every week until I got into The Walking Dead &This is one of the two best shows on TV. This first season was great and it keeps getting better & better. The 3rd season is starting off to be a hell of a ride. I dont know what some of these reviewers are talking about not caring about the characters; I like the show because of the character development! I was not into watching TV shows every week until I got into The Walking Dead & Breaking Bad. These shows are like having 30+ hour movies! Expand
  79. Dec 26, 2012
    I enjoyed the 1st season, I watched it n dvd and when a series makes you want to start the next episode back to back then that must be a good indicator that you are hooked and entertainment level is high, definitely one the best apocalypse genre I've seen on TV, wish they spent more time on flashbacks though.
  80. Dec 11, 2014
    "So, " The Walking Dead" is a show about zombies." As soon as my friend told me that, I said: "I'm sold!" I mean, just c' mon, it's a show about people surviving (mostly) in a zombie apocalypse! That is f****ing awesome! I didn't really need to know the people, I just wanted to see some zombie action. Preferably with a shotgun and some rifles. So, I started watching immediately, and, fair"So, " The Walking Dead" is a show about zombies." As soon as my friend told me that, I said: "I'm sold!" I mean, just c' mon, it's a show about people surviving (mostly) in a zombie apocalypse! That is f****ing awesome! I didn't really need to know the people, I just wanted to see some zombie action. Preferably with a shotgun and some rifles. So, I started watching immediately, and, fair enough, something happened that I didn't expect: I cared. Not just that the zombie action was good, but I cared about the people fighting the zombies. That's when I realized this wasn´t a show about zombies, it was a show about people trying to find some meaning in their little lives, with some zombies thrown in (and with "some", of course, I mean a ton). The zombies and the illness went from having full focus in Season 1 to become a force-like of dread spreading through the characters' environment. In Season 5 (aka. "the best season"), the characters are so developed that I could write a whole 50-page document about any of them. That's right, there is nuance in "The Walking Dead", and that's what makes this show special. It's ability to create an apocalyptic world in which the characters are more interesting than the world is an important factor in it's success (not to say that the world-building isn't important too; "The Walking Dead" does have it good, but it makes it's characters slightly better). If there's anything that holds this show back, is definitely some troubles with the pacing (most noticeably in Season 4, aka. "the worst season"), some forced dialogue and it's uneven use of secondary characters. In the end, I'd say this is a good, good series that I just have to check in sundays. Expand
  81. Nov 1, 2010
    I was really expecting something cheesy. I was pleasantly surprised by this one. Hope future episodes are as good or better. Looking forward to next weeks episode.
  82. Nov 6, 2011
    Episode 1 was amazing!!! The end of the world atmosphere was captured, watching it took me into this world... I wanted more and more! Starting from episode 2 to 6 was alittle of a disappointment, it felt like it was Soap opera with a touch of zombies to get the action going. But, overall it was a very good show. I became a fan of "The walking dead"!!
  83. Jan 6, 2014
    I'm not sure if you can find a better example of adapting source material like the Comics for TWD in any genre. This is quintessentially perfect, and incredibly re-watchable even after 3 years it still is something I'll go back to and continually watch.
  84. Jan 8, 2013
    Simplistic and brilliantly crafted. Excellent character development and the acting is top notch. The only points against it are the slow pacing and the fact that Laurie is the most annoying character ever conceived on television.
  85. Mar 21, 2012
    if you say you hate the show you are lying through your teeth, even a zombie hater cant hate this serial drama, it can stand alone on its own merit, unlike most media adaptations based on interpreted source material.
  86. Dec 28, 2012
    This series, is absolutely amazing, it challenges you intellectually, and can affect you as a person. The acting is great, and the cinematography is amazing, as an aspiring film director and actor myself, this show has been greatly useful. I'd like to use a quote from someone else's review: 'the survivors' ultimate plan: bore the zombies death by spending two-thirds of every episodeThis series, is absolutely amazing, it challenges you intellectually, and can affect you as a person. The acting is great, and the cinematography is amazing, as an aspiring film director and actor myself, this show has been greatly useful. I'd like to use a quote from someone else's review: 'the survivors' ultimate plan: bore the zombies death by spending two-thirds of every episode discussing their feelings.' What else would you suppose they do? Have a party in the middle of the street, then all of them die and the series is one episode long? These reviewers are ridiculous and have no idea what a good TV series is. Expand
  87. Sep 19, 2012
    A diamond in the rough; one of the few shows that uses fantasy amazingly as a background to explore the complex human nature and their reactions to horrifying and post-apocalyptic events, whilst still maintaining a dose of suspense and gory head-smashing action that will leave you on the edge of your seat.
    With never-ending drama, deaths, emotions, friendships and intense adventures, The Walking Dead really is a show for everyone's taste.
  88. Feb 19, 2013
    People who negative most think Jersey Shore is a well produced... otherwise they need glasses and hearing aids.

This show is the BEST thing on Network TV, if you think otherwise good for you, but coming here to leave 0's when you prob saw one episode without watching the rest does nothing for people who want to watch it from the beginning you scumbags.
  89. Nov 6, 2013
    I like the direction where this season is headed. Even though we spent all of last season with Rick's group hunkered down in the prison, it felt like a secure place to live, at least for now. Now, it feels like a prison and all that it implies. There was a bit of an Aushwitz feel to separating the sick from the non sick, and I'm sure there will be another outbreak soon. But like most, inI like the direction where this season is headed. Even though we spent all of last season with Rick's group hunkered down in the prison, it felt like a secure place to live, at least for now. Now, it feels like a prison and all that it implies. There was a bit of an Aushwitz feel to separating the sick from the non sick, and I'm sure there will be another outbreak soon. But like most, in the back of my mind, I keep thinking, where's the governor and when will he return??!! Expand
  90. Jun 24, 2014
    This is the only consistent season of The Walking Dead. Frank Darabont's involvement was a huge boost and the series has never fully recovered from it. The only problem is in the 6 episodes not much is resolved. Also some of the acting was off at points.
  91. Aug 3, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I gotta say that this series is a thing, that you can watch these days. There is so much **** on TV these days, that you want to throw the TV out of the window and bash the skull of the "directors" who make crap like "2 broke girls" or "community".
    But if you want something deep, emotional and good taste of horror, you have come to the right series.
    I have to say, that interesting events are only happening every 4-5 episodes but besides that, this series is gold!
    8 points are fully earned!
    Sorry for my English, not my native language :D
  92. Sep 26, 2014
    Even if you don't want to dedicate thirty-eight hours to watching a TV show, just watch The Walking Dead Season 1. It's short, it's kinda sweet in a dark way, and it is six epic episodes that work as a stand-alone story.
    This season stays true to the comics, has all the excitement without the bore of season 2, and in my mind is just a really long, really awesome movie.
  93. Sep 28, 2012
    Been playing the game and then I was hooked after first episode season one. Watched the entire first season in 24 hours. This is one of the better zombie shows, even better than 28 Days Later. It's really good!
  94. Nov 2, 2010
    "The Walking Dead" isn't a flashy no substance thrill-ride/scare-fest. It's more of a drama than anything else, which becomes apparent in the second half of the pilot episode. The story unfolds quickly, with no rhyme or reason, yet this is part of the allure of the series. That isn't to say the storyline is difficult to understand - in fact, it's blaringly simple. Zombies, called"The Walking Dead" isn't a flashy no substance thrill-ride/scare-fest. It's more of a drama than anything else, which becomes apparent in the second half of the pilot episode. The story unfolds quickly, with no rhyme or reason, yet this is part of the allure of the series. That isn't to say the storyline is difficult to understand - in fact, it's blaringly simple. Zombies, called "Walkers," suddenly infiltrate the population. Is it a virus, an extra-terrestrially induced disease? Is it man's moral bankruptcy that causes this outbreak of zombification? Who knows? All in all, the show is enjoyable, but I wasn't convinced that the characters aren't cookie-cutter stereotypes prevalent in this genre. Foreseeable is that there will be good guys going bad in order to survive. The whole "buddy-steals-your-woman" when you're presumably dead is played out. It's cheap melodrama. Despite this show's shortcomings, it's a beautiful piece of work. The cinematography captures the bleak tension and frantic action with pinpoint accuracy. I'm confident that the character development will sort itself out as the series progresses. There's nothing like it on TV right now and I'll definitely be watching to completion. Expand
  95. Dec 7, 2010
    AMC is certainly on the right track with this one. Every Sunday Night, i glued myself to this show instead of watching Sunday Night Football which is a feat in itself. The acting was brilliant for people ive never seen before and the production value for this was magnificent! The only thing that urks me is how short the season was but i love how it ended where it can keep going. ThisAMC is certainly on the right track with this one. Every Sunday Night, i glued myself to this show instead of watching Sunday Night Football which is a feat in itself. The acting was brilliant for people ive never seen before and the production value for this was magnificent! The only thing that urks me is how short the season was but i love how it ended where it can keep going. This is what a zombie franchise needed. A series is better for zombie plots because you cannot cover the emotional and sub plots of people in a movie. There simply isn't enough time. AMC could certainly sell this series to a more profitable station for a ton of money but i wouldn't be surprised if they keep it on AMC and draw in more viewers. Overall: Great series, Cant wait for season 2! Collapse
  96. Oct 6, 2012
    Great show, first 2 episodes are by far the best and I like the season one finale.
    Season 2 was ok, took the whole "we are the only ones left of this earth" feeling away when 3/4 of the series was just shouting "SOPHIA!"'.
    Never read the comics because I'm 24 and I don't buy comics, TBH never even heard of it before the tv show. Shane was cool in series 1, lorri is a slag, that girl

Shane was cool in series 1, lorri is a slag, that girl who always wants to shoot guns is annoying, Carl is deffo bent, t-dog is a **** the old camper man was cool, glen the Chinese guy is very likeable, daryl is legend, the farm man is good and Rick is a BOSS! Very well acted for a out of nowhere tv show.

Lets hope it stays this good and takes best tv show from Lost or the sopranos.
  97. Nov 27, 2010
    "The Walking Dead' is one of the best new shows of the fall and I would like to personally thank AMC for the amazing shows they've been puting out. "The Walking Dead" is very well-acted and not kleshaed as some may have expected it to be. My only complaint is of the pacing. Sometimes the show is very slow then extremely fast moving and to-the-point near the end of the episode, but this is"The Walking Dead' is one of the best new shows of the fall and I would like to personally thank AMC for the amazing shows they've been puting out. "The Walking Dead" is very well-acted and not kleshaed as some may have expected it to be. My only complaint is of the pacing. Sometimes the show is very slow then extremely fast moving and to-the-point near the end of the episode, but this is really just nitpicking when it comes down to it. Expand
  98. Aug 20, 2011
    Excellently done zombie series, better than the comics IMHO. You really get a feel for the characters and their predicament. "Egg" from "This Life" is a decent lead. Season 1 final a tad disappointing.
  99. Oct 8, 2011
    in the 80's people used to talk about Miss World being a television event. **** The Walking Dead IS the real deal that cannot be missed. Everything from the gripping story lines, the costumes, the makeup, the crazy distopian landscapes, the uncertainty of what will happen to main characters helps to create a buzz that's like nothing else of TV. It has renewed my faith in the brilliance ofin the 80's people used to talk about Miss World being a television event. **** The Walking Dead IS the real deal that cannot be missed. Everything from the gripping story lines, the costumes, the makeup, the crazy distopian landscapes, the uncertainty of what will happen to main characters helps to create a buzz that's like nothing else of TV. It has renewed my faith in the brilliance of TV. Watch it. NOW. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Tim Goodman
    Dec 7, 2010
    Darabont uses the TV-series format to break convention not only by defying the predictabilities of the horror genre (boo!) but also by infusing the recipe with more storytelling elan.
  2. Reviewed by: Alan Sepinwall
    Dec 7, 2010
    I was encouraged that the character-driven third episode was stronger than the zombie action-heavy second, and perhaps the producers will be proven right--that the longer this saga goes on past these initial six episodes, the more it will set itself apart from the zombie canon.
  3. Reviewed by: Mary McNamara
    Dec 7, 2010
    The Walking Dead, like any good horror tale, still believes in the importance of monsters, perfectly balancing the struggle of basic human decency with those palsied four-in-the-morning moments when we are convinced that everyone around us is trying to eat us alive