• Network: AMC
  • Series Premiere Date: Oct 31, 2010
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5
8.4

1. Sep 13, 2013
    This first season in a nutshell has been very good, but with some ups and downs, I really liked the pilot episode, my favorite characters are Rick and Morgan, the series deviates much from the comic in which they are based, but I can not deny that have excellent makeup to characterize the zombies out excellent highlight Noah Emmerich as Dr. Edwin Jenner.
  2. Mar 24, 2014
    Season 1 was brilliant then everything went downhill afterwards. .....................................................................................
  3. Sep 17, 2013
    I don't understand all the hype for this show. I saw the first episode among others, and the show is kind of dull, to be honest. It has a lot of shots of Andrew Lincoln's confused face as the events in the first episode unfold, and a lot of confusion and devices to move the story long. It isn't a bad show, per se, but it definitely doesn't deserve all the hype it's been getting.
  4. Sep 24, 2013
    Amazing show! It has everything a zombie apocalypse show should have! The acting is outstanding and has an amazing storyline. It has you on edge always worried about each character and what is about to happen to the group next. Some episodes have even made me cry! Amazing! I'm going to write this for all 3 season because they all truly are brilliant! No complaints!
  5. Sep 26, 2013
    This show is awesome. But there are some parts where you question if this was the right way to go in terms of story and survival team co-existence and overall feeling. Nevertheless this show is worth your free time if you are into the whole zombie apocalypse theme and setting.
  6. Oct 28, 2013
    After watching all the seasons and including new episodes of season 4, I am really impressed. The acting isn't great but not bad. The story lines amazing, the zombie makeup is REVOLUTIONARY, and along with blood and gore, I would highly recommend this for zombie lovers and drama lovers.
  7. Oct 9, 2013
    Post Apocalyptic Zombies in a Television series. It's original, and what's not to like? Well, for starters, how about, the characters. Yes, the characters. The cast of the Walking Dead is so SO unlikable that after somehow managing to struggle through the first season before I gave up on it, I was rooting for the zombies. Women like this show because of Daryl, who is a good looking actor,Post Apocalyptic Zombies in a Television series. It's original, and what's not to like? Well, for starters, how about, the characters. Yes, the characters. The cast of the Walking Dead is so SO unlikable that after somehow managing to struggle through the first season before I gave up on it, I was rooting for the zombies. Women like this show because of Daryl, who is a good looking actor, but a horrible character, which I guess doesn't matter. At this point, I believe the reason the Walking Dead has becoming so popular among TV watchers is for the following few reasons, 1. Other people you know watch it and you want to talk about it with them, 2. It's not afraid to kill off cast members (thank god), 3. It has Zombies, and 4. It has zombies. I challenge you to tell me, in more than 5 words what about The Walking Dead is actually deserving of positive reviews. Lets talk about the "action" element of the show. How does one kill an enemy that doesn't posses the brain power to fight back? Well... you shoot it, or you chop it's head off while it stands there. Very static. How do zombies kill you? They outnumber you. Again, static. What zombie films have that make them good, the walking dead does not. By the end of the first season, we have no idea where they came from, and the entire show is just watching unlikable characters survive and piss each other off, including the audience. 3 Stars. Barely. Expand
  8. Oct 15, 2013
    The Walking Dead não traz grandes surpresas, e não se diferencia de outras obras com tema zumbis, a não ser pelo formado serie, e ai que a exigências aumentam. Para prender o telespectador a trama tem que ter muitos ganchos e sub temas atrativos e aqui isso não acontece, seguindo uma unica linha narrativa a trama se prende demais a estética zumbi e deixa a narração de lado.
  9. Oct 12, 2013
    The acting in this season is amazing by Andrew Lincoln and of course everyone's favorite Norman Reedus or Daryl Dixon some hiccups along the way which is why i dont give it a ten but much better than season 2 I WONDER WHY COUGH COUGH FRANK DARANBONT COUGH COUGH but overall an amazing show
  10. Oct 15, 2013
    simply the best drama Tv series of all time. there ain't nothing like this show anywhere. anyone who thinks this is bad is a F...
    i HAVEN'T seen a zombie genre show like this. really effects on me.
  11. Oct 15, 2013
    I am starting to fall in love with the brand new season (season 4) omg I just love the walking dead. The way they started episode 1 off was just genius. If you havnt watched it then I suggest you do! Here come the walkers!
  12. Oct 15, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The walking dead is an amazing series it has great characters it's scary and emotional It's an action packed tv series It's very gory I recomend it You should watch it Expand
  13. Oct 15, 2013
    I try really hard to like this show, since it has always gotten such good reviews and it's actually so popular, another reason for me trying is because I've always liked zombies, so this is a first. I find it to be one the worst tv shows I've watched, the plot is dull, the acting isn't the best and I definitely believe this show is highly overrated. It has gotten to the point of annoyance.I try really hard to like this show, since it has always gotten such good reviews and it's actually so popular, another reason for me trying is because I've always liked zombies, so this is a first. I find it to be one the worst tv shows I've watched, the plot is dull, the acting isn't the best and I definitely believe this show is highly overrated. It has gotten to the point of annoyance. I hate it. Expand
  14. Oct 19, 2013
    this first season of the walking dead was simply great, every episode has merits of being good, not only throughout the season but its end is great, I wanted to see what would be in that group of survivors with no goal to reach.
  15. Oct 23, 2013
    The acting, dialogue, and depth of characters in this show are the reason I come back. I am, admittedly, a zombie fanatic, but the zombies are merely plot in this show, which is a nice change from typical zombie fare where the zombies almost seem to be the main characters.

There have been some plot choices that I didn't like, and then some that were just bad. I give this show a 10, and I won't do that for any other show I've ever seen. The difference between the 9 that I'll give and the 10, reserved exclusively for TWD, is the fact that this show haunts me all week until the new episode comes out. I have no idea what's going to happen and I love it when a show can surprise me. It's rare. I guess, I analyze, I debate and discuss this with my friends who like it. I have never been taken with a show like I am with this one.

Another reason is that TWD has raised my standards such that shows I might have liked a few years ago don't interest me now because they can't compete. I give shows 5 episodes to hook me, but the number of shows that have survived that trial in the last two years is really small. I blame The Walking Dead.
  16. Jul 4, 2014
    One of my favourite TV series alongside Breaking Bad, this world of walkers has been beautifully created and the characters have actual personality rather than some TV series. Being based off of the comics, although it is good to see their pages come to life, for those who read them before watching the TV series already knew what was going to happen.
  17. Nov 11, 2013
    AMAZING. One of the best pilots ever. Episode #1 was scary going down the stairs thinking a zombie will come out at any time but the reason it was so awesome was the fact that nothing happened. Drama at its best, and I loved it. Felt like I was there.
  18. Nov 25, 2013
    season is by far the best season because it is so eventful compered to the rest of the series. it leaves you on the edge of your seat wondering what will happen next. out of the 'bigger' shows on TV such as game of thrones, breaking bad and such this shows first season in my opinion is by far the best. its so disappointing that the writers made the show so slow in the second and thirdseason is by far the best season because it is so eventful compered to the rest of the series. it leaves you on the edge of your seat wondering what will happen next. out of the 'bigger' shows on TV such as game of thrones, breaking bad and such this shows first season in my opinion is by far the best. its so disappointing that the writers made the show so slow in the second and third season, and now the fourth is reviving the paste just a little bit. so if you want to watch a good show this one is a great one to watch because even though it becomes painfully slow it pays of at the end of each season making you want to continue watching all that much more. I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did Expand
  19. Nov 22, 2013
    This season of the walking dead is a good season so far and the governor is back. i do not want spoiled the next week episode of it is all about the governor again
  20. Nov 24, 2013
    The Walking Dead is a great show and an even better graphic novel. The first and second seasons of the show are by far the best. The current (fourth) season of the show leaves me feeling like I am always being hung over a cliff waiting for the next big thing to happen, but it just never comes. I really hope that the show continues to progress through the story and doesn't flicker out inThe Walking Dead is a great show and an even better graphic novel. The first and second seasons of the show are by far the best. The current (fourth) season of the show leaves me feeling like I am always being hung over a cliff waiting for the next big thing to happen, but it just never comes. I really hope that the show continues to progress through the story and doesn't flicker out in the fifth season, but judging by how the story is progressing now, that just may be the case. That being said: This is one of the best television series that I have ever watched and like I said earlier, an even better graphic novel (hint hint pick them up) Expand
  21. Feb 17, 2014
    When I see "critically acclaimed" and then see 3 seasons of emptiness with zombies, I have to wonder, who are this critics...

The Walking Dead is probably one of the worst series I managed to keep watching, why? Because it has zombies and everyone likes a survivalist zombie story, so I keep watching it hoping that it will improve, but then I saw the first episode of season 4, and nothing changed.

Characters:
    They don't look like people, they look like zombies, they are that empty, the best characters are those who fall into the cliche category, because at least they are something.

Nonsense:
    The amount of nonsense is just staggering. The decisions of the group are so stupid and ridiculous it makes me facepalm constantly. An example, character X goes on a supply run which is expected to last a day, character Y for absolutely no reason decides that after 1 hour, 1 hour!!! that someone should go see if character X is alright, OMG! The problem is that this nonsense is prevalent through all the seasons.

Learning Curve:
    The characters have no learning curve, they are just as stupid as they were in the very first episode, they keep doing the most ridiculous mistakes over and over again.

More nonsense:
    The world is almost empty of survivors, yet, they can't find a damn good car, they keep using 70's cars instead of, I don't know... maybe some bad ass HUMV? Maybe a truck? Anything that isn't the worst possible choice please?

And more nonsense:
    Yes let's use old bolt action rifles, because in the USA, one of the most armed countries in the world, there's no better solutions, national guard is gone, everything is gone, but there's no good weapons, the cookie monster took them away and ate them. In all fairness this improved in the last season.

Zombies:
    The slowest and dumbest zombies ever made, its just amazing how the characters over-complicate everything. And then there's the magic zombies who all of a sudden show up from nowhere.

And even more nonsense:
    You have an entire forest, where there's a small pack of zombies moving through. You are "cloaked" from them, they can't smell you and they are going the same route as you are. Apparently there's two choices, you go through any other forest path, or you go into the middle of the horde and go with them. What would you chose? Be in the middle of a horde of flesh eating monsters or not? The characters in this series seem to think that being in the center of the horde is the most viable and sane choice.

This series really took a new step into the realm of silliness, there's no story, no characters, no learning, no evolution, no horror, no fear, no empathy, absolutely no realism at all. There's very little to like, acting is ok, scenarios are fine, and that's pretty much it.
  22. Dec 13, 2013
    This is by far the best TV series i have ever seen. I wish i could give it a 100, but it will have to settle for a 10 out of 10. You get so into the series, and in with the characters that you feel your in the situation right then with them. an unbelievably good series. every season gets a 10 out of 10 for me (a 100 if i could). :)

This series just keeps getting better every episode. If

This series just keeps getting better every episode. If they put out a movie, of The Walking Dead, you can bet that it will be the best movie ever produced, i'd guarantee it. especially since those people who have Dish don't get to experience such an awesome TV series. I'm not trying to sell out Dish, but you got to see The Walking Dead. You will get hooked right after the first episode.
  23. Mar 17, 2014
    The first season of AMC's 'The Walking Dead' was a huge hit.
    The series has provided some of the best acting performances seen on TV in recent times and its plot; a frighteningly gripping story; has been an intense roller-coaster of horror and emotion.
    In conclusion, AMC's 'The Walking Dead' is one of / if not the best Zombie themed TV show or movie anyone has seen for a decade.
  24. Dec 22, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I was a reader of the comics and fell in love with the atmosphere of them, the changing environment and the unforeseeable events. When I first saw the show, I fell in love. Season 1 and 2 brought a lot to the table. During Season 3, it started going down-hill.

The story was at first very exciting, because there was only a limited amount of characters and if they died, it'd leave the group struggling.

During the end of Season 3, when a bus full of survivors show up, it's like the writers are saying, "Hey, look at all these useless characters we can kill off!"

Season 1 was brilliant writing and then it turned into lazy writing.

Overall, a good television show with great potential remaining.
  25. Dec 27, 2013
    This show is great. Every episode is packed with action and thrills, leaving you at the edge of your seat the entire time. Andrew Lincoln's performance is superb and each new episode makes you jittery for the rest of the week wanting more. From slashing a walker's head with a katana to killing your infected family member this show really provides that action and suspense you really wantThis show is great. Every episode is packed with action and thrills, leaving you at the edge of your seat the entire time. Andrew Lincoln's performance is superb and each new episode makes you jittery for the rest of the week wanting more. From slashing a walker's head with a katana to killing your infected family member this show really provides that action and suspense you really want from a show. 10/10 no doubt. Expand
  26. Dec 31, 2013
    Extremely overrated. Think about it for a minute, and how repetitive, slow, and poorly acted the show really is. Also, none of the characters are too interesting, they all just seem annoying. People don't understand that this is a disappointing show, because zombies are cool but the show makes them dull. Watch a movie like 28 Days Later and you'll see how zombies and zombie films/showsExtremely overrated. Think about it for a minute, and how repetitive, slow, and poorly acted the show really is. Also, none of the characters are too interesting, they all just seem annoying. People don't understand that this is a disappointing show, because zombies are cool but the show makes them dull. Watch a movie like 28 Days Later and you'll see how zombies and zombie films/shows should be like. Expand
  27. Nov 28, 2014
    Season 1 is short of a masterpiece of television. 6 episodes long and I wasn't bored. Interesting build up on characters and I honestly can say this is the best thing to come out of the walking dead series.. with the best episode ever being... the first.. and the second best being the finale of this season.. Sadly however the walking dead will never reach this height again.. well... thatSeason 1 is short of a masterpiece of television. 6 episodes long and I wasn't bored. Interesting build up on characters and I honestly can say this is the best thing to come out of the walking dead series.. with the best episode ever being... the first.. and the second best being the finale of this season.. Sadly however the walking dead will never reach this height again.. well... that is 4 years later... and it hasn't Expand
  28. Jan 31, 2014
    Best series I've ever seen.. Great characters, great, deep story and the zombies are looking so damn good. I'm so excited to watch the 4th and the other two Episodes :)
  29. Feb 16, 2014
    Obviously one of the greatest horror shows on television, The Walking Dead had enough bloody zombie violence (Which most of us came to watch) to keep up entertained but over time the popular series becomes more of a drama that has declined from it's original state and eventually cause me to lose interest around mid-season 3.
  30. Mar 2, 2014
    Since i started watching this TV Show has been just my favorite one, a lot of drama, real messages to your life, nice actors... bla bla

The history line is just awesome, i just don't know what to say, since season 4 anything became very tasty.!

1. Reviewed by: Tim Goodman
    Dec 7, 2010
    Darabont uses the TV-series format to break convention not only by defying the predictabilities of the horror genre (boo!) but also by infusing the recipe with more storytelling elan.
  2. Reviewed by: Alan Sepinwall
    Dec 7, 2010
    I was encouraged that the character-driven third episode was stronger than the zombie action-heavy second, and perhaps the producers will be proven right--that the longer this saga goes on past these initial six episodes, the more it will set itself apart from the zombie canon.
  3. Reviewed by: Mary McNamara
    Dec 7, 2010
    The Walking Dead, like any good horror tale, still believes in the importance of monsters, perfectly balancing the struggle of basic human decency with those palsied four-in-the-morning moments when we are convinced that everyone around us is trying to eat us alive