• Network: AMC
  • Series Premiere Date: Oct 31, 2010
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
8.1

1. Nov 13, 2017
    The Walking Dead is one of the best TV shows out there. It has a perfect mix of the zombies and the survivors. You follow Rick and his group as they encounter many problems. The show is what horror should be, with chilling scenes that don't involve jumpscares. Sometimes the writing feels a bit wacky, and the plot armour on some characters is very thick, but The Walking Dead always offersThe Walking Dead is one of the best TV shows out there. It has a perfect mix of the zombies and the survivors. You follow Rick and his group as they encounter many problems. The show is what horror should be, with chilling scenes that don't involve jumpscares. Sometimes the writing feels a bit wacky, and the plot armour on some characters is very thick, but The Walking Dead always offers something new and exciting to bring to the tables. Although this show has its moments, it is a great show which is continuing to run strong, and is definitely worth watching. Expand
  2. Nov 5, 2017
    I remember starting to watch this and the first time I saw Rick ride his horse into that giant hoard of walkers... man I fell in love with the show. The acting and character development are all brilliant. I remember simply just choosing this show to watch as I was with my dad and we wanted some horror with good acting for once, this show more than provides that and to this day we are stillI remember starting to watch this and the first time I saw Rick ride his horse into that giant hoard of walkers... man I fell in love with the show. The acting and character development are all brilliant. I remember simply just choosing this show to watch as I was with my dad and we wanted some horror with good acting for once, this show more than provides that and to this day we are still watching it. Expand
  3. Oct 20, 2017
    this is GOLD its that perfect mix between zombies and survivors i love everything about this series including the characters and zombies places and man many more things ...
  4. Oct 15, 2017
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. With Officer Rick Grimes awaking from coma he knows as much about the zombie apocalypse as the viewer and together with him they will get to know the world of 'The Walking Dead'.
    The first season is a great introduction to this series. You have great-looking zombies, a group of people trying to survive although they barely have the same opinion about what to do next and enough drama that it's much different to other zombie-films but nevertheless very bloody.
    As a viewer you're constantly asking yourself what you would've done in that situation and you can't even decide who's right and who's wrong and what's good and what's bad.
    For me a weakness of 'The Walking Dead' is that in some moments it felt like they had very much luck and only survived 'cause of this luck; and of course this vatos-story was really bad, but it's not that long and important so you could ignore that.
  5. Aug 6, 2017
    The first season of TWD is seen by some as the best in the series and I strongly disagree with them. While I loved the first episode with Rick waking out of his coma and seeing the world gone to hell, every episode after begins to undermine much of the characters not just from the comic level, but on the performance level that the main crowd is watching. Character development, motives andThe first season of TWD is seen by some as the best in the series and I strongly disagree with them. While I loved the first episode with Rick waking out of his coma and seeing the world gone to hell, every episode after begins to undermine much of the characters not just from the comic level, but on the performance level that the main crowd is watching. Character development, motives and decisions range so wildly that it was as if the director of the show wasn't sure what the personality should be for each one. There is a fundamental problem with some of the props, effects and behavior in the walkers that I couldn't help but roll my eyes over. In alot of ways, the first season was just a project that was in a time where zombie culture had become the norm and seeing new takes on it was getting pretty standard and samey. The first episode is one of the best episodes of this season however, and I do give praise some of the performances that did a decent job at presenting their characters. The finale was quite cheap, stupid and lazy on execution and logic. An average score for an average entry that makes me upset as a fan of Kirkman's comic series. Expand
  6. Jul 30, 2017
    Gran serie de TV.Muestra lo que ocurriria con la sociedad ante una catastrofe bioligica.Emotividad,sangre,amor,amistad,enemistad... Muy completa.Unico punto negativo,que hay algun que otro capitulo de relleno entre grandes capitulos
  7. Jul 27, 2017
    This show's performance is like a high school boy trying to sprint a full mile in front of the whole school. In the very beginning he starts off strong and fast, everyone is cheering for him. After 200 meters, he starts to feel the lactic acid build up between his muscles and the soreness makes him slow down a bit, but he is still fast enough to make girls give a second glance. AfterThis show's performance is like a high school boy trying to sprint a full mile in front of the whole school. In the very beginning he starts off strong and fast, everyone is cheering for him. After 200 meters, he starts to feel the lactic acid build up between his muscles and the soreness makes him slow down a bit, but he is still fast enough to make girls give a second glance. After another 200, meters he feels really really tired, and the people watching can tell that he's tired. However, in order to sustain the attention on him, he starts to do some unnecessary things such as silly faces and stunts. To some of the audience, this was entertaining; but to most others it was just some unneeded action that costs his body more energy. After another 200 meters, he is completely exhausted and starts to have the thought of giving up. However, he cannot give up, because he is sprinting a mother****ing mile in front of the whole mother****ing school, and he knows what people would say about him if he gives up. All he can do is forcefully power his legs to swing at their maximum speed, which by now isn't too fast, and stand back up trips after trips and keep on sprinting, even when the audience is probably all laughing their asses off and some may have even given up on him. That is where season 7 ends.

I remember watching the first two seasons, how it was so attractive and exciting that I had to tell my dad to hide the tv remote so I don't uncontrollably spend 24 hours every day watching. When I got to season 3, the introduction of the governor made the show somewhat different. Rick's people went from surviving from zombies to facing another, possibly more devastating, danger, the human savagery. This new theme was actually quite intriguing, and the episodes were no less awesome. On to season 4, the first season that I could't immediately recall what it was about. If you spend a week watching a season and end up not being able to recall what it was about, then that's when you should know the show's going a little bit south. This is the part where that mile-sprinter was doing some unnecessary stunts: entertaining to some, but really unnecessarily a waste of time and energy. Fortunately, after receiving some hints on wikipedia, I was able to remember some awesome moments in that episode, and I realized it wasn't too bad after all (p.s. Rick's final words of season 4 was awesome). Season 5 and 6 was similar to season 4, probably slightly worse. I remember at least 5 episodes in which the characters sorta just walked half of the screen time , reminds me a bit of how that sprinter was thinking about giving up but, for reputation reasons, couldn't. As for season 7, for those who hasn't seen it yet, (you were probably spoiled anyways) you can basically watch the first half of the first episode and the whole final episode, you really won't miss anything.

Fortunately, that high school sprinter has saved a little bit of energy during his previous 200 meters. He wasn't running as fast as he could have, on top of that the audience doesn't have that high of a standard for him anymore. For these causes, there is much reason to hope that he will start running surprisingly fast again in the next 200 meters. Personally, if he is still going to run like a little **** I would completely give up on him and leave the gym. Forever.
  8. Jun 5, 2017
    Sheriff Deputy Rick Grimes gets shot and falls into a coma. When awoken he finds himself in a Zombie Apocalypse. Not knowing what to do he sets out to find his family, after he's done that he gets connected to a group to become the leader. He takes charge and tries to help this group of people survive, find a place to live, and get them food. This show is all about survival, the risks, andSheriff Deputy Rick Grimes gets shot and falls into a coma. When awoken he finds himself in a Zombie Apocalypse. Not knowing what to do he sets out to find his family, after he's done that he gets connected to a group to become the leader. He takes charge and tries to help this group of people survive, find a place to live, and get them food. This show is all about survival, the risks, and the things you'll have to do to survive. Expand
  9. May 23, 2017
    So initially I would have given this show a 8-9 out of 10, good production, meaningful content, etc.

However, starting in season 5 the show sells out to gratuitous sensational material like cannibalism and torture, basically capitalizing on some audiences obsession with sadism. Basically a cheap thrill which illicit high levels of emotional response in the audience. This is certainly the sort of content I try to avoid, which is unfortunate as I enjoyed the balance the show tread during the first four seasons.

You may enjoy this show if you are able to watch this sort of material. However, I would ask you why you watch it and if it really leaves you feeling how you want to feel?
  10. Mar 19, 2017
    From cinematography to acting to the writing, this show is one of the worst. It looks like it was filmed in the early 90's and the over acting, excessive dialogue concerning everyones feelings is painful to sit through.

The only redeeming factor is the very rare times that a zombie with nice makeup pops onto the screen.
  11. Mar 2, 2017
    This season was the first experience we got of TWD it wasn't perfect lot of stuff seemed rushed or oddly placed such as Officer Rick Grimes and his connection to the decaying apocalypse more over society collapses to suddenly we are than introduced to the rest of the characters through a camp which Rick finds out about through the radio anyway we don't really have an actual antagonistThis season was the first experience we got of TWD it wasn't perfect lot of stuff seemed rushed or oddly placed such as Officer Rick Grimes and his connection to the decaying apocalypse more over society collapses to suddenly we are than introduced to the rest of the characters through a camp which Rick finds out about through the radio anyway we don't really have an actual antagonist except Shane Walsh who isn't really and Lorie is a really despicable character who cheats on Rick than when finding out he is alive tries to put the blame on Shane Ricks best friend we are introduced. Merle a racist white-pride redneck, T-Dog who's real name is not actually told to us and originals like Glen, Carol, Carl and Amy we get this big episode called Vatos where the group comes in contact with a mexican gang who is trying to provide for their own at the camp a walker attack happens and we witness actual human deaths for the first time in a gore filled scene that shows an unexpected attack on the camp the carnage and how the group can never be safe their is this CDC ark while it tries to explain what happened to Rick before the apocalypse and how the military got over run and started killing anyone. This paranoid scientists agrees to let them in to his secret lab he than plans to kill all of them to eliminate human life? Whatever Andrea another character tries to kill herself with but Dale a kind old man who has hope convinces her not to their is an explosion and now the group is on the look out once again for shelter and to provide for their families and themselves. Jenner the paranoid scientist we can see is our first true villain who tried to kill the group and our characters receive their first brutal reality. Expand
  12. Jan 25, 2017
    The beginning of one of my favorite TV shows ever. The Walking Dead's first season has the perfect number of episodes, neither one nor one less, and it kept me interested almost every time. There are not filler episodes at all, and that is something you will be suffering on the following seasons, but there are some boring chit chat scenes that will be appear more frequently. It is notThe beginning of one of my favorite TV shows ever. The Walking Dead's first season has the perfect number of episodes, neither one nor one less, and it kept me interested almost every time. There are not filler episodes at all, and that is something you will be suffering on the following seasons, but there are some boring chit chat scenes that will be appear more frequently. It is not scary at all, some scenes may be tense but this is not a horror show. Good acting, good characters, good special effects, good music, and the zombies (or "walkers") steal every scene they appear. I enjoyed a lot watching to this when it aired during 2010, and I am sure that I would enjoy it even more if I watch it today, taking into account how the show is nowadays. I am concerned that it is not the best show ever, I love it, but I think there are way better shows and I can not give this one more than 8. Expand
  13. Jan 11, 2017
    The walking dead is a TV series based on the zombie apocalypse written by Robert kirkman it follows the character Rick Grimes (Andrew Lincoln) in the first season rick wakes up in a hospital as rick wakes up in the new world which is filled of the living dead.
    Rick goes home to find his wife(Lori) and his son(Carl) and they am not there rick soon meets a man and his son Morgan and Duane and Morgan tells rick what is happening about the dead coming back and trying to eat the living.
    Morgan tells rick about Atlanta where it is supposed to be safe ricks goes to Atlanta on a horse with bags of guns to find his wife and son but when he gets there Atlanta is not what he thought it was there are herds of the undead rick soon gets trapped in a tank wondering what to do to get out of this mess.
    Then hears a voice on the walky-talky this man’s name is Glenn, Glenn helps rick get out the tank and get the roof when some other survivors are there but they am trapped rick helps the survivors get out then they head back to camp rick finds his wife and his son at the camp and also ricks best friend Shane.
    Later on the camp gets over run by walkers and they have to leave the camp and head to the CDC (Centres for Disease Control) they reach the CDC and there is nothing left and are forced to leave because the CDC is about to blow up and this is all in season 1.

Season 2 returns and the group end up on a high way trying to find a safe place to be where there are no walkers but on the high way a herd shows up and ricks group are forced to hide Sophia a younger girl gets chased by two walkers and then goes missing all threw the first half of season two they are looking for Sophia the group end up on farm and meet the Greene family Hershel, Maggie and Beth.
    Shane later tries to kill rick because Shane loves Lori and then the farm gets over run by walkers so they have to leave at the end of season 2.

Season 3 they end up at a prison all season they meet a man who is called the governor who tries to kill ricks group the governor runs a town called Woodbury when the season comes to an end the governor goes to the prison with all of his people to kill ricks group and let the dead have the prison rick forces the governors people out and then the governor goes crazy and shoots all of his people ricks goes to Woodbury after the attack looking for a group member that the governor took and tortured when ricks group get there she had got bitten and dies so rick takes all the old and young back to the prison.

Season 4 they have a tank ricks group has to then leave and am all split up they all end up at a place called terminus which is run by Gareth and the cannibals the group is forced to go into a train kart and then the season ends.

Season 5 returns and the group break out of terminus and end up at a church and meet a man called farther Gabriel later on in that season the group end up at a community called Alexandria which is run by a women called Diana Monroe the people at the community are worried rick and his people will try and take over.

Season 6 is started with rick and everyone by a quarry filled with walkers thousands of the dead they try to lead the horde away but half splits of and heads towards Alexandria because of a horn going of which is made because of the group called the wolves who kill loads of the people at Alexandria but then the wolves are killed and the herd ends up at the gates of Alexandria.
    Then the church falls crushing the walls and then the horde comes flooding threw the walls and filling Alexandria rick and some people are trapped in a house and are trying to get to the armoury to clear out Alexandria from the undead rick and the people with him cover themselves with walker blood and head towards the armoury.
    3 people get killed trying to get there and Carl gets shot in his eye then everyone in Alexandria go and kill all the walkers in there hand to hand.
  14. Dec 22, 2016
    The Walking Dead is well-acted, action paced, and well written. Some of the characters are unlikable but the walking dead is still a enjoyable TV show.

Days Gone Bye 7/10
    Guts 7/10
    Tell It to the Frogs 6/10
    Vatos 8/10
    Wildfire 6/10
    TS-19 8/10
  15. Dec 21, 2016
    Season 1 was okay- at least things happened. Every season after the first loses that momentum.
    This show is not for thinkers. If you're a thinker you wont be able to get over how they've been living in a zombie apocalypse for what now, years? Yet every character still acts like its their first week and the main protagonist, Rick, is a total plank. Every time someone dies- they have about ten minutes of long silences peppered with tearful blubbering.
  16. Dec 4, 2016
    If you don't like the walking dead then you are dead to me. This is the best show ever, hands down. No exceptions! -Neegan
    Just had to add that pun in there.
    But eye guess you already saw that coming.
  17. Nov 28, 2016
    good This first taste is damn near perfect.Bloody brilliant. Amazingly paced, extremely well-acted, and wholly consuming. "The Walking Dead" will have me nailed to my couch for the next five episodes. Hands-down the best show or movie to feature zombies in a long, long time.
  18. Nov 22, 2016
    Few things stop me from watching Sunday night football and TWD is one of them. All the people that love to hate this show can go fly a kite, yeah I said it! This is a great show, great story lines, great cast and I love how over the years the story has become more about survival in the new world and less about the zombies, they are more like gnats now, they are just an annoyance, but aFew things stop me from watching Sunday night football and TWD is one of them. All the people that love to hate this show can go fly a kite, yeah I said it! This is a great show, great story lines, great cast and I love how over the years the story has become more about survival in the new world and less about the zombies, they are more like gnats now, they are just an annoyance, but a deadly annoyance!! Expand
  19. Nov 18, 2016
    Although a short season, it's very addicting and has good characters and a very high production value. Recommended to anyone that has the stomach for this gory piece of art!
  20. Nov 1, 2016
    This show is amazing, and I'd love to give it a 10, but it has trouble delivering on a consistent basis. When the show gets bad, it gets bad, and it will falter for 5 or 6 episodes in a row. However, when the show is good, it's one of the best on television. Overall, I'd recommend it to everyone.
  21. Nov 1, 2016
    First time I saw part of this show I turned it off. Thought the premise was stupid but give it a shot and it grows on you. Who knew a zombie soap opera could be so good. Very dramatic and one of the best shows on tv. Will probably go on for at least 10 seasons.
  22. Oct 30, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Like many, I was extremely excited for the season 7 premiere of The Walking Dead. Season 6 ended with a huge cliffhanger, and I was anxious to see which member of Rick’s group would fall victim to Negan’s baseball bat. The season 7 premiere was extremely controversial and left me with mixed feelings of excitement, shock, and disgust.

The season premiere begins with the members of the group being tied up and surrounded by Negan and his men. However, instead of immediately showing Negan’s victim, viewers are forced to wait while Negan takes Rick on a side mission. This 30 or so mission is agonizing, and somewhat boring, as it doesn’t really add to the story. When the show finally returns to the group, viewers discover that Negan killed both Abraham and Glenn. While The Walking Dead is known for violence, no one was prepared for the way both of these characters went. The way they were beaten to a pulp made me sick to my stomach, something that rarely, if ever, happens. Additionally, Negan’s long, drawn out monologue seemed to go on forever. I feel like this could have been abbreviated and it would have had the same affect.

While the season premiere left much to be desired, it did do some things right. Once again, it showed that it is not afraid of killing off of any of the characters, regardless of their popularity. This is something that, while frustrating, keeps audiences guessing. It also gave viewers a new villain to hate. Actor Jeffrey Dean Morgan does an outstanding job of portraying the twisted and evil character that is Negan. Finally, the premiere did a good job of breaking Rick, something that has never been done before. It will be interesting to see what happens from here.
  23. Oct 24, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Ah, 'tis that time of the year again. Pumpkin spice in the air and The Walking Dead brutally reminding fans, no one gets out of here alive. At the end of last season Team Rick took a path fueled mostly by hubris which ended with them on their knees before their newest arch-nemesis, Negan. As the last episode ended, we knew someone on the team had danced with their last walker.

Oh how sweet are my memories of Team Rick's escape from Terminus seasons ago. At that time, they found themselves in a similar predicament. If not for the almost Deux Ex Machina way in which Carol saved the day, our plucky group of heroes would have been Sunday barbecue. In this season premier there is no such hail Mary rescue. Negan puts his barbed-wire wrapped bat "Lucille" to savage use on the skull of one of poor bastard on Team Rick. Driven to rage, Daryl leaps upon Negan landing a solid punch to the face.

I must admit a part of me did cheer for Team Rick at that moment but it was somewhat tempered by fear. Was this the day? The day Daryl Dixon, redneck beefcake walker-killer extraordinaire, strikes his last smoldering post-apocalyptic pose! I've read many fans this summer lamented the possible loss of their precious Daryl. Alas, Negan has darker plans for our red-necked avenger so he's merely taken hostage instead. That, I fear, might actually be worst.

The sometimes frustrating, at other times necessary tendency for Team Rick characters to underestimate the situation they find themselves in becomes clear immediately after Negan gets payback for Daryl's lack of understanding. Swinging "Lucille" with amoral efficiency Negan pounds his bat into the upper forehead of a very beloved member of Team Rick. What follows is one of most tragic yet merciless scenes in the history of the show. The frustrating part I alluded to earlier takes place when Rick, smoldering with rage, challenges Negan.

Rick saw two of his long time friends become unrecognizable from the neck up yet, he doesn't understand he's beaten. His responsibility, his duty, is to the survivors of his team but he's too blinded and forgetful in his rage. Negan has shown him not once but twice he's a man with a ruthlessly simple code; do as I say or else. Both due to its necessity to move the story along and to showcase Negan's vicious assertion of dominance, Rick and his captor take a little camping trip in the RV.

They have a marvelous adventures together. Negan gave Rick an axe but when Rick tried to use it he realized he brought an axe to a gun fight. Later, Negan loses the axe and send Rick to fetch it. There were a lot of walkers outside of the RV you see and it wasn't the safest thing for Rick do. Unfortunately, Negan and Mr. Assault Rifle really wanted Rick to get the axe back. It was for sentimental reasons only but you know how psychopathic megalomaniacs are. (Yeah, I'm lookin' at you Trump! j/k We cool right? Don't sue me!) Rick reluctantly gets Negan's axe back to him. This pleases Negan. All this time he's been reminding Rick to ponder what he has lost and could yet still lose. He's hoping Rick will see things his way but Rick doesn't have the look Negan is looking for.

Returning to Negan's army from their sojourn Rick is given a secondary yet not any less traumatic version of Abraham's choice. In the end, like a Dark God, Negan intervenes sparing the one-eyed boy. Negan now sees the look on Rick which he brutally murdered and tortured for. Rick defeated is wholly under Negan's thumb.

Team Rick is left to lick their wounds and bury their dead. It is a moving scene of unity and humanity. Negan did not take those away from them although his terrorism intended to do so. In the most dire of times Team Rick comes together, changed but one can only hope, more humble and perhaps spiritually stronger.

A note about the violence and brutality of the episode. I am not surprised by it and have expected AMC to allow more rated MA story lines in the future. They are competing with entertainment giants such as HBO in a multitude of outlets. They somehow have to keep their audience interested in their content while competing with premium cable programmers. Expect more of this type of action and violence with Into the Badlands and Preacher next year. There are plenty of warnings about the graphic violence of the show. To complain about it now seems a bit silly to me.
  24. Oct 24, 2016
    We have waited so long for this and it was great. Absolutely brilliant, great acting, intense, bloody and unexpected. Cant wait to see what will happen in the next episodes.
  25. Oct 15, 2016
    The Walking Dead is an amazing show! Season 1 despite how short it is definitely had me interested from the start. The Walking Dead season 1 is better than any other zombie show or movie out there in my opinion
  26. Sep 28, 2016
    The utter pain of AMC milking the life out of a series really is insulting to viewers.

I stuck with the Walking Dead for 5 and a half seasons, quitting before the Season 6 finale. Season 1 starts pretty strong, some likeable characters, a zombie apocoplase and a lead character, Rick, who wakes in a world turned upside down, but tries to keep his self and morals. Alike Breaking Bad,

Season 1 starts pretty strong, some likeable characters, a zombie apocoplase and a lead character, Rick, who wakes in a world turned upside down, but tries to keep his self and morals. Alike Breaking Bad, this is the story of his decline through his survival. But, like LOST, as the seasons roll on, it feels more and more like a dramatisation about the relationships and back stories of every character just to make 16 episodes a season and as many seasons as they can. Let alone a spin off series.

My problem with the walking dead is just this.

Season 4 was an ordeal to watch through, it was slow in pace, boring in script, yet had one stand out episode with Carol and the kids, outside that, it was dull with very little of consequence happening. I think this is probably because I'm no longer in the target audience demographic. If I wasn't in my 30s now, and was 15, I would be hooked on this series for the gore and killings alone. Seeing a zombies face being caved in by a butt of a gun would of been gore-p0rn for 15 year old me, but in my 30s, and having watched some truly horrific movies and gore (Irreversible/A Serbian Film/GuiniaPig etc) it now feels very repetitive, which sums up the Walking Dead. I imagine a team of writers looking to do the plot of a new season goes something like:
    "The gang learn of a new place to take refuge off a man that dies in the 1st episode. Milk 6-7 episodes reaching said place, ensuring plenty of back story and flashbacks to fill up the episodes with as much "Brother and Sisters" like drama as they can, then have a mid-season Finale on the next episode when they reach the destination. Episodes 9-13 tackle to dynamics of the new destination and the people there and how the gang mix or dont mix with them. Season Finale = gang realises that there's no refuge where they arrived, and decide to move onto the next place inline with the next season."

I read a few of the graphic novels, as a friend is obsessed with them, and the plots have a few massive differences. I think the show would of been better to keep with the comics plot. Now, it feels like this show has no direction other than Rick falling apart more and more, but it's so much filler and poorly written cliche back-stories, I can barely bother.

And I wont add a spoiler - but COME ON ... the entire death / non death of a character in Season 5 will make you think the writers are taking you for a mug.
  27. Sep 5, 2016
    It starts off quite well in Season 1. The main character is quite likeable.

But as the show goes on it starts getting into the same patterns again and again. Someone starts crying. Someone thinks that they are losing their "humanity". They do a raid somewhere to get supplies and get ambushed by The Walkers. Repeat. And in later seasons this starts repeating so much that it gets boring.
    It starts off quite well in Season 1. The main character is quite likeable.

Especially the governor character was annoying.

But the good things about this show are the original idea, the central character is very well made, some more central characters are quite interesting to watch like Darryl, the kid and a few others. Overall it was an entertaining show till Season 4.
  28. Aug 11, 2016
    TWD é bão , muito bão mesmo. Aprovado!!!! gortei muito dessa série tem zumbis e sanguinolência , girotao aprova e aprova mesmo , esperando a sétima temporada , pena que vai ser uma merda mas estou confiante!!!
  29. Aug 7, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The first few seasons were pretty exciting and fun, but the new seasons got worse because there barely was any zombie action, but the story line was still pretty cool. Expand
  30. Aug 6, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Its a good tv show, although most of the bad ratings will have been from season 2, it was a bit slow and it was not really what people whee looking for, just stick with it, it gets better. Expand
  31. Jul 29, 2016
    After watching the first season of the show, I can clearly state that I truly enjoyed the television show from the theatrical aspect to the plot development. The television show is highly addicting and can cause many television show addicts to begin binge watching. The show centers around the idea living in a post-apocalyptic environment where a group of individuals has to fight forAfter watching the first season of the show, I can clearly state that I truly enjoyed the television show from the theatrical aspect to the plot development. The television show is highly addicting and can cause many television show addicts to begin binge watching. The show centers around the idea living in a post-apocalyptic environment where a group of individuals has to fight for survival. The director uses different camera angles and shots that help create a sense of realism. The idea of living in this "natural" world in the Walking Dead is possible since human beings have developed this idea that the human race will be destroyed due to a natural disaster.

The pilot episode begins with a dramatic tension as Rick, the protagonist wakes up completely confused to an empty city with dead bodies. The reaction shot of Rick allows the audience to feel a sense of connection as they raise questions about the plot as well. The filming team does an effective job in ensuring a contrast in lighting. During the late night where the team sits around the camp fire, the lightning comes from the bonfire itself instead of using heavy studio lighting that can change the overall feeling of the scene. In addition, the majority of the scenes are filmed with natural lightning .Furthermore, the first episode revolves around the idea of using replay clips so the audience can understand what had occurred to Rick and act as a flashback for the protagonist himself.

The sound effects of the walkers being killed are highly effective in drawing the audiences' attention. Before a mob of walkers comes towards the group, the director puts an extreme close up of each of the actors' faces to emphasize the upcoming disaster. Their reaction shots are done selectively well as the audiences' attentions are captivated. Directors progressively increase the volume of the sound effects as the walkers comes closer towards the group.

One intelligent aspect about the television show is that the screen time is only once a week for an hour. It provides the audience enough content but at the same time provides an effective cliffhanger for the upcoming episode. In addition, the gap between each episode allows the audience to trigger conversations and increase their participation via social media including Twitter and other fan pages.

The locations made a huge impact of creating a sense of realism. By simply seeing the trees, birds and other forest animals from the scene, it truly makes the whole story line come true. Also, it is given that the whole season was not filmed in one go; hence the editors did an amazing job at using invisible editing. From the killing scenes to talking to each other, there were no parts that did not fade nicely. The whole season had such a huge sense of realism because the actions done by the actors were performed in real time and the plots were created in a logical format that made sense (cause and effect). For example, when a walker bites someone, it was given that they would die.

The makeup team did a magnificent job at making the walkers look so real. For example, it looked so real from the blood that was dropping to the interior organs that were chewed out of the bodies. As television audiences, we have seen numerous movies and television shows that plays from the concept of zombies; however, this is one of the first television shows that intensified this concept by adding interior body parts and other gory elements.
  32. Jun 16, 2016
    I've been watching this TV show since September 2015 and still hyped about it. I really love the atmosphere: good characters, interesting plot, nice actors. First time I didn't understand all hype around it, but after watching the first episode of the show I realized how cool and fascinating this TV show is. I definitely recommend it if you haven't anything to watch.
  33. Apr 29, 2016
    The Walking Dead creates the most unique zombie story of have ever seen. The fact that it was able to take all the cliches in zombie films, novels, etc and transform that into something different truely amazes me. Season 1 was a great opening to the show and it was enthralling to watch.

I will be reviewing season 2 soon! Rating: 9/10 A+ = 10 A = 9 A- = 8 B+ = 7 B = 6 B- = 5

I will be reviewing season 2 soon!

Rating: 9/10

D = 1.5
    D- = 1
    F = 0
  34. Apr 20, 2016
    The show got off to a great start. It has a beautiful score, deep characters, and tons of great action.My only problems are that it's too short, and the season finale deviates too much from the comic books and i just didn't find it enjoyable.
  35. Apr 6, 2016
  36. Apr 4, 2016
    This is by farm my favourite season, the ending was kind of weird but the rest was impeccable. Sadly I couldn't stand season 4 and after season 2 fiasco I was already on the edge and stop watching this.
  37. Dec 28, 2015
    Of all the seasons so far (haven't seen 5 and 6) is this probably the best. The pilot is very good and the following episodes are also. But season 1 doesn't feel as a standalone season. Not only because it has only 6 episodes, but it feels more like a quick prequel to the other seasons. But still, this is the most flawless season of them all, with no disappointing episodes whatsoever.Of all the seasons so far (haven't seen 5 and 6) is this probably the best. The pilot is very good and the following episodes are also. But season 1 doesn't feel as a standalone season. Not only because it has only 6 episodes, but it feels more like a quick prequel to the other seasons. But still, this is the most flawless season of them all, with no disappointing episodes whatsoever. Great acting, ok writing, very good make-up, acceptable special effects (for a tv-show), enough tension to keep you on the edge of your seat, enough drama and some good cliffhangers and unexpected turns. Great show, with an excellent first season. Expand
  38. Nov 7, 2015
    I love TV series, films, games, books or anything really that have a degree of realism within it (if that makes any sense), Season 1 of The Walking Dead was very realistic and kept me interested the whole time, everything is just impeccable. Absolutely brilliant!!
  39. Oct 25, 2015
    A great TV show that should be watched by all that just keeps getting better and will keep you guessing and on the edge of your seat, even if you read the excellent graphic novels this series is based on. With its great and very interesting cast of characters this series focuses on how these characters react and respond to the destruction of society and shows that these people will doA great TV show that should be watched by all that just keeps getting better and will keep you guessing and on the edge of your seat, even if you read the excellent graphic novels this series is based on. With its great and very interesting cast of characters this series focuses on how these characters react and respond to the destruction of society and shows that these people will do anything to survive and to protect the ones they love the most.

In conclusion a great show that you need to watch right now if you haven't already and experience the great show that is The Walking Dead.
  40. Sep 28, 2015
    This series is toats amazeballs ive never watched anything better i honestly say ive never watched anything better its SOOOOOO good. WATCH do it now NOW
  41. Sep 27, 2015
    Solid TV Show. It started greatly and ended on a satisfying, if not too exciting note. Some characters could have been fleshed out more. Some. Great use of tension and storytelling to make it gripping. Shane is becoming an intriguing character. Overall, it's a good first season but don't expect to feel excited for the finale, as much it entertains the viewers.

Final Score: 7/10
  42. Sep 19, 2015
    It's first two seasons had issues, issues that nearly caused me to give up on it part way through season 2, but i stuck with it, and after the start of season 3 it vastly improved with great action, better developed characters, and a well paced plot.
  43. Sep 7, 2015
    I have watched this show since the first season and while there are a few boring episodes scattered about, the vast majority of the show is great! It is interesting, has a great "feel" to it. Characters are interesting and natural. Most of what happens is believable. The effects are great with minimal ugly CGI.
  44. Aug 30, 2015
    The characters are dumb. They are not thought-over, they don't show any kind of development, they sometimes seem act at random. Like the writers forgot who they were between episodes. Apart from that major flaw, the show is nice.
  45. Aug 6, 2015
    It's a great start for an ambitious adaptation. It's a brutal, bone breaking, bonanza. The sets are impressively detailed as are the brilliantly realistic (in want of a better word) walkers. One main let down is that the show's characters are not as strong as say those in Breaking Bad or Game of Thrones. We are however let into a detailed post apocalyptic 'zombie' world that actually feels real.
  46. Jul 26, 2015
    In my opinion The Walking Dead is the best TV show ever, now I know most of you will be like "No Game of Thrones or Breaking Bad is the best TV show ever" but in my opinion it's The Walking Dead. If you don't agree with me I don't care everyone is entitled to their own opinion and this is mine.
  47. Jul 25, 2015
    Emotionally resonant, and featuring a powerful lead in Andrew Lincoln, The Walking Dead succeeds not just as a tale of apocalypse and horror, but as a character-driven survival story that ultimately refuses generic categorization by its dead inhabitants.
  48. Jul 19, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This short, 6 episode season was really interesting and brought on an interesting premise, a group of intriguing characters and a bunch of questions about the mysterious catastrophe that hit the Earth. The acting was pretty decent and zombies were done really well. What was bad was the CSC explosion in the finale - it was really bad. I just hope this show doesn't become somewhat like Lost - which brought on many questions, but answered few (or dragged on to answered them). Also, while bringing some character drama, the love triangle with main guy, his wife and his best buddy is really cliche. They should do less of that. But I do enjoy many characters - like Daryl. This southern hillbilly shows he is courageous and smart and really can kick ass. I also liked Dale. Expand
  49. May 28, 2015
    6 episodios, pero geniales, lleno de zombies bien maquillados, actuaciones buenas y gran historia. Muy recomendable su primera temporada. Ademas tiene unos guiños a Breaking Bad que siempre sacan el Heisenberg interior que tiene cada fan.
  50. Mar 30, 2015
    Emotionally resonant, and featuring a powerful lead in Andrew Lincoln, The Walking Dead succeeds not just as a tale of apocalypse and horror, but as a character-driven survival story that ultimately refuses generic categorization from its dead inhabitants.
  51. Mar 23, 2015
    In its first season, TWD shines bright in a sea of rehashed ideas. While the show doesn't get everything right - it's short set of episodes and lower starting budget can be partially blamed for this, TWD quickly becomes one of the most relevant pieces of entertainment in recent history. This is a show you must watch, assuming you can handle a heightened level of gore given the nature ofIn its first season, TWD shines bright in a sea of rehashed ideas. While the show doesn't get everything right - it's short set of episodes and lower starting budget can be partially blamed for this, TWD quickly becomes one of the most relevant pieces of entertainment in recent history. This is a show you must watch, assuming you can handle a heightened level of gore given the nature of the zombie survival setting and the fact that TWD is on AMC, allowing for more grit and realism that would be near-impossible on major networks. Expand
  52. Feb 23, 2015
    This is awesome just watch it! These other guys don't know what they're talking about good writing and interesting scenes some people are just silly here I tell you
  53. Feb 23, 2015
    Some people don't really explain why they think the show why they think the tv show is bad, there's a lot more worse tv shows by far. What they want is explosions and zombies nothing to do with character development, that's what makes this show different is that it shows how people change when civilization falls, people are dynamic not one dimensional people who are just bad ass zombieSome people don't really explain why they think the show why they think the tv show is bad, there's a lot more worse tv shows by far. What they want is explosions and zombies nothing to do with character development, that's what makes this show different is that it shows how people change when civilization falls, people are dynamic not one dimensional people who are just bad ass zombie killers, if this show was only about killing zombies then this show would not have lasted past the second season. Expand
  54. Feb 22, 2015
    Having not been familiar with the source material when first aired, I was very skeptical with the idea of stretching a story about a zombie apocalypse into an ongoing series and even though I was generally won over by the end of episode one, I still had doubts about its longevity.

Featuring Romero inspired gore and achieving a real sense of scale in spite of its television limitations, I was instantly won over by both its tone and style however it was the central story about the plight of Andrew Lincoln's Rick Grimes which carries it through the first season and indeed in all seasons since. Season one moves at a brisker pace with the introduction of a group of survivors whose lack of development is compensated by their diversity and general likability. It's testament to its excellent cast and writers that the pivotal and brutal night attack at the end of episode 4 really packs a punch whilst also serving as the real catalyst for climatic events in the second season.

Season one in hindsight feels bare in comparison to what follows but it does its job perfectly in setting the scene and introducing the character so successfully that you care for them whilst looking forward to seeing what happens next. It may only have six episodes but it certainly doesn't waste them.
  55. Feb 20, 2015
    My all time favourite TV show! Emotional character investments are instantly created with a major moral choice or event having a great and often satisfying effect on the viewers and how they perceive these deep characters - all the while brimming with the action of constantly trying to survive the zombie apocalypse.
  56. Feb 20, 2015
    If TWD had been only one season long, it would have been a classic. Less episodes and a budget you can see where it went. Before the days of TWD becoming a soap opera with no sense of direction, Season One was great. Recomended.
  57. Feb 15, 2015
    Terrible script writing and dialogue coupled with long touchey feely boring conversation between indistinct and frankly one sided characters makes for a dull over endorsed series and that's just season 1. A good test with any poor series is that you can skip the dialogue scenes yet still easily deduct the plot. A show made by the masses for the masses. If they put half the effort they haveTerrible script writing and dialogue coupled with long touchey feely boring conversation between indistinct and frankly one sided characters makes for a dull over endorsed series and that's just season 1. A good test with any poor series is that you can skip the dialogue scenes yet still easily deduct the plot. A show made by the masses for the masses. If they put half the effort they have put into making the sound effects for killing zombies into the development of the show then it would at least make it watchable... Expand
  58. Jan 25, 2015
    The Good: Well made and there are some compelling "morality/ethics based" storylines.
    The not so good: I'm getting Zombie fatigued getting into the 5th season.
  59. Jan 22, 2015
    No suelo hacer criticas a series de Tv... Son muy largas, exigen tiempo, hacer una critica como en una película sería tomar en cuenta cada capitulo por separado, etc... Aun así, intentare hacerlo.

Para empezar el capitulo 1 es increíble. En ves de el comic donde en el acto ponen acción como idiotas, aquí nos presentan todo mas despacio, nos muestran a los protas, nos muestran el tiroteo, la amenaza, el camino, las perdidas, etc. El capitulo 1 es magistral, muy bueno. Los siguientes son para buscar a su familia y liderar un grupo de supervivientes. Esta muy bien llevada, pero no es perfecta. Tiene sus detalles idiotas que te hacen preguntar si el apocalipsis nos volvería así de idiotas. Como que Merl cuando queda esposado a un tubo se corta la mano. La excusa es que las esposas son muy duras, pero fue esposado a un tubo de metal viejo, oxidado, muy corto y tiene una cierra. El podría haber cortado el tubo sin problemas. Tiene una cantidad moderada, pero constante, de estos momentos. Aun así es muy entretenido, la intriga, lo que pasara, los planes arruinados, las perdidas del camino... Algo que me gusta es que sientes que cualquiera puede morir en cualquier momento. Y tiene algo que me encanta, aquí la amenaza mas grande no son los zombies, son las personas, desde el inicio lo aclaran, y en las siguientes explotan mas este tema. También me gusta que aquí la historia es sobre las personas, con lo que viven en el camino, no como películas de mierda como Resident Evil que no muestran el potencial de las personas. Pero por ultimo... Esta temporada solo tiene 6 episodios... Una temporada tiene que tener mínimo 10... Pero los 6 episodios tienen muy buena calidad. Y el ultimo... Es increíble, nos dejan con dudas, pero con todo un mundo de posibilidades para las secuelas, y eso me encanta. Al final sus toques idiotas, solo 6 episodios y actuaciones solidas pero no grandiosas, lo bajan a un solido 08/10. Esta es una buena temporada para iniciar, si no te gusta mejor vete por que las demás son igual, pero si esta te gusto, las demás te encantaran también.
  60. Jan 14, 2015
    This show delivers until when it counts. The story lines are compelling, the situations are intense and the drama is engaging. The main shortfalls I find come with some of the actors and the reluctance to "remove" important characters from the series. It's worth watching at your leisure but not worth sitting through the preshow.
  61. Jan 6, 2015
    This show is like the best for those zombies lover. I got hooked up to this show since last week and i just cant stop. The cast is great, the story is great. Overall it is a very good show with a catchy ending in each part but thb some parts of the show are a little bit boring but most of the time towards the ending it was worth watching no matter what !
  62. Jan 5, 2015
    It started as a 9, then the hype came, and the production/direction/script and all went down, the story is basically silence on most of the episodes of the last two seasons (4-5) and there isn't even an interesting plot, i'm not even gonna compare it to the comic, but it is getting more boring as the seasons pass
  63. Jan 4, 2015
    I would have given this series at least an 8, if it would have kept up with it's first season's success, but it didn't. Like so many of these apocalypse tv shows, they wear thin after the first 3 seasons, and any good tv show would stop about then. However, the walking dead have not done this, and instead are pumping out seasons like there is no tommorow, this has ruined the whole show inI would have given this series at least an 8, if it would have kept up with it's first season's success, but it didn't. Like so many of these apocalypse tv shows, they wear thin after the first 3 seasons, and any good tv show would stop about then. However, the walking dead have not done this, and instead are pumping out seasons like there is no tommorow, this has ruined the whole show in my opinion. Expand
  64. Dec 21, 2014
    I absolutely love this series. I'm very glad that they could make such a great series about zombies which is a huge rarity. I have friends that love this show too. Even though this show may never reach the heights of the first season, it is still really entertaining. If you haven't already seen it and you're a zombie fan, watch it now if you have amc or netflix. My favourite character is Daryl.
  65. Dec 11, 2014
    "So, " The Walking Dead" is a show about zombies." As soon as my friend told me that, I said: "I'm sold!" I mean, just c' mon, it's a show about people surviving (mostly) in a zombie apocalypse! That is f****ing awesome! I didn't really need to know the people, I just wanted to see some zombie action. Preferably with a shotgun and some rifles. So, I started watching immediately, and, fair"So, " The Walking Dead" is a show about zombies." As soon as my friend told me that, I said: "I'm sold!" I mean, just c' mon, it's a show about people surviving (mostly) in a zombie apocalypse! That is f****ing awesome! I didn't really need to know the people, I just wanted to see some zombie action. Preferably with a shotgun and some rifles. So, I started watching immediately, and, fair enough, something happened that I didn't expect: I cared. Not just that the zombie action was good, but I cared about the people fighting the zombies. That's when I realized this wasn´t a show about zombies, it was a show about people trying to find some meaning in their little lives, with some zombies thrown in (and with "some", of course, I mean a ton). The zombies and the illness went from having full focus in Season 1 to become a force-like of dread spreading through the characters' environment. In Season 5 (aka. "the best season"), the characters are so developed that I could write a whole 50-page document about any of them. That's right, there is nuance in "The Walking Dead", and that's what makes this show special. It's ability to create an apocalyptic world in which the characters are more interesting than the world is an important factor in it's success (not to say that the world-building isn't important too; "The Walking Dead" does have it good, but it makes it's characters slightly better). If there's anything that holds this show back, is definitely some troubles with the pacing (most noticeably in Season 4, aka. "the worst season"), some forced dialogue and it's uneven use of secondary characters. In the end, I'd say this is a good, good series that I just have to check in sundays. Expand
  66. Dec 9, 2014
    E a 1 vez que assisto um seriado que min chamar tanto a atenção, "The Walking Dead" e uma evolução.Deve continuar o maximo possivel de tempo, por respeitos a todos os fanaticos por esse seriado que faz cada pessoa que gosta do assuntos fica conectadas, de uma forma direta, que e como se ela viverse o mundo de "The walking dead" Parabens a todos que fazem parte desse universo.
  67. Dec 7, 2014
    The 5th season was pretty promising at the beginning but after first three episodes it slows down horribly and gets SOOO UNBEARABLY BOOORING. It seems like even a pretty big group of ZEDS isn't a threat anymore. It's like few knife thrusts and the whole group of zombies is mopped up with no harm, and then half hour of talking starts... and WHY (OH WHY?) did you make me watch Glenn wentThe 5th season was pretty promising at the beginning but after first three episodes it slows down horribly and gets SOOO UNBEARABLY BOOORING. It seems like even a pretty big group of ZEDS isn't a threat anymore. It's like few knife thrusts and the whole group of zombies is mopped up with no harm, and then half hour of talking starts... and WHY (OH WHY?) did you make me watch Glenn went fishing? OK, I know, folks gotta eat, but you guys do not need to show me them fishing, I don't care, I wanna watch them finishing ZEDS off! Please do not test my patience too much AMC, cause I'm a BIG FAN of TWD, but I don't know how long I will bear it if this won't change. And sorry for my English, I'm a stranger. Expand
  68. Nov 30, 2014
    The score reflects the entire series not just individual season.

Fantastic show. It took its time building up but it is definitely worth watching. Great story and it keeps getting better with every episode and now I can't wait for it to air. Some of the stuff is pretty f***** up.
  69. Nov 23, 2014
    Where to start? Terrible writing? Terrible special effects? Terrible videography? Terrible editing? Yeah, I guess what zombies will deliver to television: Death to creativity. BTW, the notion that no-nothing 20-somethings will save you from anything requiring a knowledge of how the world actually works is a totally loopy idea!
  70. Nov 23, 2014
    This TV show doesn't focus on the gore of zombie killing, but instead the emotions these people feel and moral decisions they have to make if for instance someone is 'bit'. Although some episodes seem slow, it always pays off at the mid-season finale or the season finale and it leaves us waiting for so many months to find out what happens to Rick and 'The Group'.
  71. Nov 4, 2014
    I will start off by saying no character is safe from being killed and I won't go past that because I don't want to have any spoilers. This is one of the best TV shows that I've watched in a long time, but I will say that some episodes and particularly one season(I won't say anything else) gets quite boring. You start off with all this action and killing and then in one of the seasons itI will start off by saying no character is safe from being killed and I won't go past that because I don't want to have any spoilers. This is one of the best TV shows that I've watched in a long time, but I will say that some episodes and particularly one season(I won't say anything else) gets quite boring. You start off with all this action and killing and then in one of the seasons it slows down drastically. A few of the episodes I had to actually make myself watch, along with an episode in the current season. With that being said I still give this show a 9 because the overall aspect of the show is a great one. It's always interesting to watch and you won't be disappointed if you take the time to watch it. Expand
  72. Nov 2, 2014
    This show is hands down worst adaptation i ever laid my eyes upon. I caught myself face-palming full length of the last episode i watched, thinking, how is it possible to make this kind of garbage from such a great comic.
  73. Oct 31, 2014
    Walking Dead

In AMC’s zombie apocalypse thriller, The Walking Dead, producer Frank Darabont launches viewers into a world without any safety or order. A world taken over by the living dead. In most zombie apocalypse scenarios, zombies are the main source of fear and danger; In this series, people are who you need to be afraid of. When the series began, the producers introduced mainly
    Walking Dead

When the series began, the producers introduced mainly friendly characters to build the main cast. The main character Rick Grimes, joins a group of survivors and before almost any time at all takes the lead position. This leadership through Rick lasts until the present episodes. The characters in the show each have different personalities and attributes that not only fit, but enhance the groups survivability and likeability.
    The zombies, or walkers, are very graphic and play parts in every single episode; whether it be many, or the lone walker that ends up killing a character. The makeup art is very gruesome and very life like, making the walkers seem even more threatening.
    The real threat is the antagonist presence in the show, regular survivors like Rick and the group, but chose a different way to lead or survive. Whether it be to rule out of fear and kill anyone that could possibly threaten you, or to eat those who don’t follow your ways; Rick doesn’t agree, and blood is always shed between the groups.
    What makes the Walking Dead better than other apocalypse shows and movies is that every character in the show lived in a world that previously had no knowledge of zombies or an apocalypse like this ever happening(Hence the word ‘zombie’ is never used). This makes the show seem like it could actually happen, creating more fear in the viewers minds.
  74. Oct 26, 2014
    I don't understand why so many people like this show, I mean after watching the first and second season, I have to say, I've never seen such a boring show like this. Come on! Horror??? Really not!
  75. Oct 12, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. When it comes to watching horror movies or TV shows, there are many options out there. The genres of horror stories have changed dramatically over the years. They range from post-zombie apocalypse to gory spooky stuff. American filmmakers have turned the idea of horror shows into a joke. One popular show among high school and college students is The Walking Dead. Thankfully, the producers of the hit show, The Walking Dead, know what they are doing. After viewing a few episodes, a person will understand this. Bravo to the producers for how deranged, well acted and written the show is. The characters are well developed and it is based on things people might actually do if they were ever in situations like the ones in the first season.
    The pilot of The Walking Dead was great. This was a well-assembled show that creates great suspense and a scary fell to people. In this show, the series protagonist is Sheriff’s Deputy Rick Grimes. Shane Walsh is Rick’s best friend, Lori is Rick’s wife, Carl is Lori and Rick’s son, Andrea is a civil rights attorney, Amy is Andrea’s sister, Dale is the one who forms the group of survivors and owns an RV, and Glen is the one that’s sent on missions that are sometimes dangerous.
    In the beginning, Rick Grimes is left in a coma after a gunshot wound. He awakens to a post-zombie apocalyptic world. He calls these infectious zombies “walkers”. He discovers that the military is wrecked and have lost the battle. While he is on the look for this missing wife and son, he meets fellow survivors, Morgan Jones and his son Duane. They explain the whole situation to him. It has been rumored that the CDC is a quarantined safe-zone. Rick then believes that his wife and son could be there. He later learns that walkers overran it. Rick meets Glenn Rhee and becomes part of their group. Walkers attack them in a department store, which forces them to move.
    Rick’s wife Lori and son Carl are safe a few miles outside of Atlanta. Lori and Carl are with Shane Walsh, Rick’s former partner/best friend. Lori and Shane are now lovers because they believed Rick was dead. Rick reunites with Lori and Carl after escaping Atlanta. Rick does not know about Lori and Shane though. He becomes partners with Shane and is the leader of the group. Part of the group then goes back to the city with Rick to get weapons and to rescue Merle. Rick finds that Merle has escaped when the group arrives back to the building were Merle is. When they return to camp, they find that walkers overrun it. Andrea’s sister, Amy, is killed. Jim was injured during this period so the group plans to go back to Atlanta and try to get help from the CDC. When this is all over, one family sets off alone in hopes of finding their relatives. Jim tells the group that he wants to be abandoned on the road because of his infection from the zombie bite. The members left in the group then head towards the CDC.
    Once the group arrives at the CDC, they find only one staff member to be alive, Dr. Edwin Jenner. Dr. Jenner explains his study on this catastrophic zombie apocalypse. He then explains to the group that this building will self-destruct to keep the deadly diseases from escaping. Carol was able to save the group by a grenade that blows out a window. Dr. Jenner, Andrea, and Jacqui decide to stay as they have lost hope. Andrea goes back on her word because Dale refused to leave Andrea behind. They barely make it out of the building before it self-destructed. Jenner and Jacqui are killed. This all happens in the first season of The Walking Dead.
    Each episode leaves the viewers stunned. The show is interesting and thrilling as they leave one anxiously waiting to see what happens next. Some moments were upsettingly perfect. The characters are well developed and the idea of the post-zombie apocalypse is fascinating. The actions of the people in this TV show closely resemble what people would do in the real world as well. The audience that this show brings are people whom like zombie and gory scenes. In the end, the show gets plenty of viewers and is different from any other type of horror TV show.
  76. Oct 11, 2014
    I have generally fought zombies with any weapon used by humans cowered during fear in the apocalyptic era (period) of nightmares in "The Walking Dead".
  77. Oct 2, 2014
    A different author for almost every episode means uneven writing, hitting many more lows than highs. It's childishly bad in many places and painful to watch. Lots of filler, lots of explaining the obvious, lots of cheesy fakey makeup effects for the zombies. Plenty of bad acting. It's not worth the time it takes to watch, sadly.
  78. Oct 1, 2014
    Everything about this show is consuming. The simplicity of it mixed with fast paced action and adventure will have you cringing and on the edge of your seat.

I absolutely love anything and everything Zombie related. I'm one of those.

In my opinion anyone remotely interested in the zombie genre will find this franchise well worth their time.
  79. Sep 26, 2014
    Even if you don't want to dedicate thirty-eight hours to watching a TV show, just watch The Walking Dead Season 1. It's short, it's kinda sweet in a dark way, and it is six epic episodes that work as a stand-alone story.
    This season stays true to the comics, has all the excitement without the bore of season 2, and in my mind is just a really long, really awesome movie.
  80. Sep 23, 2014
    #KillCarl

Has The Walking Dead laid the inspiration for BBC zombification rendition in The Flesh? Or is it the Social Cancer (tm) of socialism drag that stalled its production into this series second airing season? There won't be a hint of a cure until latter seasons. These are zombies well-done albeit not cooked. Unfortunately there is some plot decay into Battlestar-speed
    #KillCarl

Unfortunately there is some plot decay into Battlestar-speed (slow) plots.
  81. Sep 10, 2014
    I remember watching Season 1 and just falling in love with this movie. Zombies rock!. The story, the characters, the actors and actresses are all awesome and do a great job. I can't wait to see what surprises Season 5 gives us!
  82. Aug 26, 2014
    I think this show is not that good, i mean all that is fun to see are the zombies and stuff, cause i mean nobody really care about the characters, they are just not so interesting. It's 4/10. Just my opinion.
  83. Aug 23, 2014
    Great show. Too bad I'm rather too bored of watching it. Let's start with the characters first, shall we?
    The characters are like in the comics but with some additions and some removals in the overhaul. The acting is O.K (voice acting too) and the costumes. Great, great, great. Action, drama and a lot more will await you on this series. Might be the best Zombie Series I ever watched.
  84. Aug 19, 2014
  85. Aug 18, 2014
    Perhaps the most overrated TV show of the last 10-20 years.

Perhaps the most overrated TV show of the last 10-20 years.

Take away the "walkers" and this show would have flopped...badly, Its the zombie fanboy element that have allowed this show to continue, The characters are dull, not much happens besides the predictable and tension free zombie attacks, which happen numerous times every episode because the writers cannot think of many interesting things for the characters to do,and don't get me started on how dumb the characters are.

All in all it could be a decent show but the zombie "action" and lack of interesting plot elements kill it for me.
  86. Aug 3, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I gotta say that this series is a thing, that you can watch these days. There is so much **** on TV these days, that you want to throw the TV out of the window and bash the skull of the "directors" who make crap like "2 broke girls" or "community".
    But if you want something deep, emotional and good taste of horror, you have come to the right series.
    I have to say, that interesting events are only happening every 4-5 episodes but besides that, this series is gold!
    8 points are fully earned!
    Sorry for my English, not my native language :D
  87. Jul 31, 2014
    This series was holding my attention for a couple seasons. The make-up was great, the action and suspense was there, and it was superbly acted. But then it seemed to get monotonous and repetitive. Then when I decided to start poking holes in it I realized the writers were just not that good. Perhaps it is because they were pigeon holed by the graphic novel (comic book). I don't know.This series was holding my attention for a couple seasons. The make-up was great, the action and suspense was there, and it was superbly acted. But then it seemed to get monotonous and repetitive. Then when I decided to start poking holes in it I realized the writers were just not that good. Perhaps it is because they were pigeon holed by the graphic novel (comic book). I don't know. But when you look at the technical aspects, such as their methods, something may dawn on you. They're not giving Americans or humans anything like credit for their intelligence and ingenuity. The characters make dumb, tactical mistakes on a constant basis. I can name a hundred dumb things- They were sitting outside at the farm with the lights on, at night, with not even bothering to board up the windows or re-enforce the doors. And in Season 1, they were sleeping outside in tents nearly with-in site of Atlanta. Their choice of a minimum security prison as a haven. Which is designed to keep people in, not out. Their inability to keep up the fence-why not park cars along the inside? Plenty of vehicles were available. Where they kept going inside the prison to be trapped by zombies. Why not rattle the doors and wait until they come out into the light? My final statement on this is that no zombie apocalypse survivors could possibly be as incredibly stupid as the characters in this show. Chimpanzees wouldn't be so stupid. Expand
  88. Jul 27, 2014
    great. another generic vampire show. havent seen this before. all it is are some british actors who fake accents. why? just go with the flow. and there are only six episodes in this season. id rather just watch season one of breaking bad. and why do they call them walkers? they can stand still why not call them stillers? or why not call them draculas? that would make more sense. what isgreat. another generic vampire show. havent seen this before. all it is are some british actors who fake accents. why? just go with the flow. and there are only six episodes in this season. id rather just watch season one of breaking bad. and why do they call them walkers? they can stand still why not call them stillers? or why not call them draculas? that would make more sense. what is this based off of a book or something? and who is this terrel dickson guy? just cause he carries a bow and arrow doesnt make him cool. he is a complete copy of katniss everdeen. im gonna go watch something actually decent by robert kirkman: prometheus. bye Expand
  89. Jul 9, 2014
    I love this show but I don't see where it's headed. It's like the writers have reached a dead end. I feel like they keep going in circles and nothing interesting happened in the last few episodes of season 4.
  90. Jul 4, 2014
    One of my favourite TV series alongside Breaking Bad, this world of walkers has been beautifully created and the characters have actual personality rather than some TV series. Being based off of the comics, although it is good to see their pages come to life, for those who read them before watching the TV series already knew what was going to happen.
  91. Jun 24, 2014
    This is the only consistent season of The Walking Dead. Frank Darabont's involvement was a huge boost and the series has never fully recovered from it. The only problem is in the 6 episodes not much is resolved. Also some of the acting was off at points.
  92. Jun 24, 2014
    A great new zombie show, but I just wish it was longer. This is just the beginning of what will become a ratings juggernaut this show becomes and it's gets awesome
  93. Jun 22, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. As a long time zombie geek and enthusiast I was thrilled and awed by the first 2 seasons of this show, with all the new characters, different plot twists, and awesomely developed effects and make up. This glow did not last, since the series has since fallen into a rut of **** acting, repetitive stereotype casting and a lack of real enthusiasm overall. So far that i have noticed this should be called "Daryl Dixon's Redneck Groupie Fantasy". I believe a lot of it has to do with who the actor was with the 'Boondock Saints' and nothing to do with the role he currently plays, which in a lot of ways is not truly fair to the actor. If the series does not find a end soon, I fear it will fall victim to the dreaded "Long Running Sitcom" plague that many companies like Disney or even WB. I hope that this next season is the last, because I do not see it lasting wit a strong character base any longer than that. Expand
  94. Jun 21, 2014
    My initial reaction to The Walking Dead left me feeling rather ill and sick, but after re-watching it, i discovered that the show about zombies, isn't just about zombies. We watch people break away into insanity and we watch people who get mauled and dismembered by zombies. The thing I love about this show are the relationships you develop with the characters, which makes it even worseMy initial reaction to The Walking Dead left me feeling rather ill and sick, but after re-watching it, i discovered that the show about zombies, isn't just about zombies. We watch people break away into insanity and we watch people who get mauled and dismembered by zombies. The thing I love about this show are the relationships you develop with the characters, which makes it even worse when you see them devoured... A solid 10 out of 10. Expand
  95. May 22, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is simply one of the best things never appeared on the small screen. What a fantastic, deep, emotioning, exciting, dramatic series is this. All the characters are so well narrated since the beginning. MILESTONE. Expand
  96. May 14, 2014
    Best show ever If I had to chose between Dr. Who (Favorite show) and The Walking Dead I would choose The Walking Dead because its SOOO suspensful!!! Keeps you on the edge of your seat with Action And jumpscares LOVE IT!!
  97. May 11, 2014
    This isn't the worst thing on TV, but it's pretty awful. Everything is just at the bottom of its game: the writing, the acting, the special effects (apart from the make up). They don't need 16 episodes to tell a story where something happens maybe every 6 episodes and the rest is just filler. And in case you were wondering whether they're building to some great action set-piece orThis isn't the worst thing on TV, but it's pretty awful. Everything is just at the bottom of its game: the writing, the acting, the special effects (apart from the make up). They don't need 16 episodes to tell a story where something happens maybe every 6 episodes and the rest is just filler. And in case you were wondering whether they're building to some great action set-piece or brilliantly scripted finale, no they're not. They've done this to me twice. Expand
  98. Apr 28, 2014
    This show is very overrated. Meaning that it's not bad but the way people describe this show is baffling. I loved the first season but after that it went downhill. There were a lot of misses than hits in every season after the first. Most of the episodes starts very strong .Overall it's just boring conversations and zombies just shows up once in a while.
  99. Apr 28, 2014
    A pretty good start to a show. This show is pretty good nothing to spectacular but still an entertaining watch. I have only watched the first season and some of season 2 and I can say that this season is way better than season 2. There is a lot of gore and violence which I enjoy so I am entertained buy that. Some episodes are slow and boring but all in all a pretty good show.
  100. Apr 19, 2014
    Awesome season. I couldn't stop watching. There's plenty of drama and action to satisfy everyone. The acting is fantastic and the story is awesome. One fight scene was obviously fake and I didn't like the script at times, but I had no other problems with this.

1. Reviewed by: Tim Goodman
    Dec 7, 2010
    Darabont uses the TV-series format to break convention not only by defying the predictabilities of the horror genre (boo!) but also by infusing the recipe with more storytelling elan.
  2. Reviewed by: Alan Sepinwall
    Dec 7, 2010
    I was encouraged that the character-driven third episode was stronger than the zombie action-heavy second, and perhaps the producers will be proven right--that the longer this saga goes on past these initial six episodes, the more it will set itself apart from the zombie canon.
  3. Reviewed by: Mary McNamara
    Dec 7, 2010
    The Walking Dead, like any good horror tale, still believes in the importance of monsters, perfectly balancing the struggle of basic human decency with those palsied four-in-the-morning moments when we are convinced that everyone around us is trying to eat us alive