The War at Home : Season 1

Season #: 1, 2
3.9

1. MattL.
    Jul 8, 2007
    OMG i want 2 hit all of u people this show is awesome it is deff. the best show ever!! the only people who dont like it are fags and gays!
  2. marshallm
    Oct 9, 2005
    not as bad as the critics are saying. it realy is funny at times, sometimes it IS a little bit cliched, but still, i did laugh.
  3. Nasdaq
    Jan 7, 2008
    I have only seen the first season and it was interesting. Something to watch while you are working on the pc.
    Oct 5, 2005
    A little slow at times, but still funny. Stupid critics.
  5. DanielN
    Dec 2, 2006
    This show has characters that the average american can relate to. Its the same kind of show and uses the same humor as Family Guy, The Simpsons, and American Dad! The only thing different is that its not animated. Everyone says this show is bad but its one of two live action shows overall on FOX to be renewed for the 2006-2007 season.
  6. AmandaK
    Mar 12, 2006
    The reason critics don't like it, is because they can't face the truth of American life. The War at Home is a wonderful show. This family seems very real; it's very much like a real, American family. It has my friends, my family and I laughing. Stupendous show, I would reccomend it to anyone who can take a joke.
  7. SarahL
    Mar 12, 2006
    Love this show!
  8. DeeDee
    Apr 29, 2006
    how can i not watch it? it's one of the most important moments watching it with my parents. i love the characters. and most of the jokes. and the confessions. the best thing is that my parents don'y have to tell me 'see, now you know why you shouldn't do that' because i already learn from the show. and they know it.
  9. ChrisC
    Oct 18, 2005
    Hliarous. I laughed during every episode. Best comedy of the year.
  10. GregJ
    Nov 8, 2005
    Excellent! I can't get enough of Kenny, he's so funny!!
  11. KG
    Oct 19, 2005
    Great show, better then some others that are out there on the airways. I find it quite a funny t.v. show actually. Hope they keep it on the air.
  12. JimP
    Dec 12, 2005
    I don't understand all of the bad reviews that this show is getting on here. It may not be a revolutionary, ground-breaking show, but it is surely reliable for a few good laughs, and occasionally some fall-down, slapping-the-ground-crying ones as well. This past week's episode had me and my roommate gasping in disbelief.
  13. HeatherR
    Dec 18, 2005
    I think this show is great. It is an honest show about normal families, dealing in a very funny, yet open way, about things that people don't like to talk about. Most shows don't actually address these issues, because they are somewhat controversial in nature, but some of these issues do cause discomfort in the day to day lives of normal families, because it is part of real I think this show is great. It is an honest show about normal families, dealing in a very funny, yet open way, about things that people don't like to talk about. Most shows don't actually address these issues, because they are somewhat controversial in nature, but some of these issues do cause discomfort in the day to day lives of normal families, because it is part of real life. The parents on this show address their own personal feelings and issues about what their teenagers are doing or how they are living their lives. They are not perfect parents, they have their own vices and prejudices, but they try to be open with themselves about those issues. This show has touched on racism, interracial dating, having a homosexual child, underage alcohol abuse, and teenage pregnancy, to name a few. I think this show is smart, funny, and most of all truly honest, which is hard to come by these days. Expand
  14. BillH
    Dec 21, 2006
    This show is horribly UNDERRATED. People who gave this show a low score are retarded. But honestly this show is good. Don't let the low score fool you. This show is developing really well. Seinfeld sucked in the beginning. So just think about that. In fact I felt the characters becoming more complex in the show just today (Dec 21)
  15. FrankM
    May 23, 2006
    Unbelievably hysterical. Im soooooo Happy its returning for another season! Congrats WAR AT HOME! You earned it. I hope this show lasts for 8 seasons! Way to go FOX !!!!
  16. js
    Nov 25, 2005
    I turned the tv on one sunday earlier before family guy and caught this show. I am glad I did. I think it is hilarious. and has be laughing out loud...it's strange I feel that the viewers either like it a lot or rreally dislike it.. count me as one of the former. What people may be having a problem with is that a lot of the stuff they do is true. For instance, many people in this I turned the tv on one sunday earlier before family guy and caught this show. I am glad I did. I think it is hilarious. and has be laughing out loud...it's strange I feel that the viewers either like it a lot or rreally dislike it.. count me as one of the former. What people may be having a problem with is that a lot of the stuff they do is true. For instance, many people in this country would be unhappy to see their daughter dating interracially. Same thing goes for finding out that you have a gay son. I think this show is just mocking and playing with the stereotypes which is funny. If you can't take a joke than this show isn't for you. Expand
  17. Jan 26, 2012
    This is the best show i have ever seen. I don't understand you guys :| . From now on i will never rely on metacritic for anything. This isn't right. Do not listen to other reviewers ..This show was my favorite..ever.! Funny as hell.
  18. Feb 12, 2012
    I do not think this show was as bad as users and critics make it out to be. Originally, I generally disliked 'War' because I felt Arrested Development was the better of the two sitcoms. The fact that War took over Arrested's Sunday night time slot made me angry. I think that is the reason why there is so much hostility towards The War at Home: the derivative and unoriginal sitcom had takenI do not think this show was as bad as users and critics make it out to be. Originally, I generally disliked 'War' because I felt Arrested Development was the better of the two sitcoms. The fact that War took over Arrested's Sunday night time slot made me angry. I think that is the reason why there is so much hostility towards The War at Home: the derivative and unoriginal sitcom had taken over the Emmy Award winning Arrested Development's coveted spot. But upon watching The War at Home on DVD it did have its funny moments. There was good comedy chemistry between Michael Rappaport and Anita Barone. Kyle Sullivan was funny as Larry, especially the episode of him playing the lead role in 'Annie Get Your Gun' and when he punched his dad out and bloodied his nose and then proceeded to cry and run away like a little girl. That was hilarious! Yes, parts of the show was offensive but, from my observation, in order to be hilarious you gotta offend people and step on toes and 'War' is hilariously offensive. Expand

Has absolutely nothing going for it.
  2. What this show does prove is that you can be racy and still somehow tediously tame.
  3. There’s nothing especially novel on “The War at Home,” except the way the familiar elements -- punch lines, fantasy sequences, sassy kids, talk-to-the-camera confessionals, bleeped profanity -- come together.