• Network: FOX
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 11, 2005
  • Season #: 1 , 2
3.8

1. Feb 12, 2012
    I do not think this show was as bad as users and critics make it out to be. Originally, I generally disliked 'War' because I felt Arrested Development was the better of the two sitcoms. The fact that War took over Arrested's Sunday night time slot made me angry. I think that is the reason why there is so much hostility towards The War at Home: the derivative and unoriginal sitcom had takenI do not think this show was as bad as users and critics make it out to be. Originally, I generally disliked 'War' because I felt Arrested Development was the better of the two sitcoms. The fact that War took over Arrested's Sunday night time slot made me angry. I think that is the reason why there is so much hostility towards The War at Home: the derivative and unoriginal sitcom had taken over the Emmy Award winning Arrested Development's coveted spot. But upon watching The War at Home on DVD it did have its funny moments. There was good comedy chemistry between Michael Rappaport and Anita Barone. Kyle Sullivan was funny as Larry, especially the episode of him playing the lead role in 'Annie Get Your Gun' and when he punched his dad out and bloodied his nose and then proceeded to cry and run away like a little girl. That was hilarious! Yes, parts of the show was offensive but, from my observation, in order to be hilarious you gotta offend people and step on toes and 'War' is hilariously offensive. Collapse
  2. Jan 26, 2012
    This is the best show i have ever seen. I don't understand you guys :| . From now on i will never rely on metacritic for anything. This isn't right. Do not listen to other reviewers ..This show was my favorite..ever.! Funny as hell.

Has absolutely nothing going for it.
  2. What this show does prove is that you can be racy and still somehow tediously tame.
  3. There’s nothing especially novel on “The War at Home,” except the way the familiar elements -- punch lines, fantasy sequences, sassy kids, talk-to-the-camera confessionals, bleeped profanity -- come together.