• Network: ABC
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 22, 2010
  • Season #: 1
7.6

1. Sep 23, 2010
    In my opinion this new legal drama is absolutely unwatchable. The acting is unbelievably stiff and the storyline as unrealistic as it can possibly be. What a big step down for Maura Tierney ! Her abilities, as seen in ER, are way under-appreciated in this show. Rob Morrow could have done better too.
    Jerry Bruckheimer really screwed the pooch on this one !
    Law and Order depicted the legal
    Jerry Bruckheimer really screwed the pooch on this one !

Law and Order depicted the legal system much better, even in its disappointing twentieth season. Don't watch it if you have any requirement for at least a basis of realism. I know, I won't watch past the pilot.
  2. Sep 30, 2010
    Refreshing concept. Interesting, captivating storylines. Intelligent, quick, perfect for those with limited attention span. Provocative, leads to watercooler discussion. Acting well done. The relationships and show in general will gel and improve. This show deserves to be watched and appreciated.
  3. Oct 21, 2010
    A solid start for a very interesting courtroom drama. Unlike Law and Order (which I love), the show has no cut and dry Good vs Bad angle to work off of. Instead, the development of the case and the interplay between the Prosecution and Defense must hold interest. The episodes have been hit and miss so far (and during), but given the chance to find its rhythm I think it offers something newA solid start for a very interesting courtroom drama. Unlike Law and Order (which I love), the show has no cut and dry Good vs Bad angle to work off of. Instead, the development of the case and the interplay between the Prosecution and Defense must hold interest. The episodes have been hit and miss so far (and during), but given the chance to find its rhythm I think it offers something new outside the typical Good vs Bad drama TV. Expand
  4. Oct 24, 2010
    Three words: tension, suspense, pace. This show has all three in abundance. It does a nice job of creating believable, likeable, well-rounded characters. The plot is gripping, realistic, and emotionally charged. It's fascinating and gripping. It has you constantly guessing and switching allegiance. One criticism: the good guys always win, and that detracts from the realistic premise; asThree words: tension, suspense, pace. This show has all three in abundance. It does a nice job of creating believable, likeable, well-rounded characters. The plot is gripping, realistic, and emotionally charged. It's fascinating and gripping. It has you constantly guessing and switching allegiance. One criticism: the good guys always win, and that detracts from the realistic premise; as the series develops, no doubt that will change though. Expand

1. There's some minor Rashomon-style point-of-view switching as the attorneys prepare their opposing cases each week, and never know who's going to win, which makes this a bit different, and a bit more intriguing, than many standard lawyer shows.
  2. Reviewed by: Alan Sepinwall
    Where other law shows tend to have one side view the other as the embodiment of evil, here we see that these two are old friends from law school who enjoy the battle of wits even as they're convinced they're on the right side of every fight. On those occasions when The Whole Truth slows down to just let those two bounce off each other, it's a show I almost want to watch. But the rest of it is too fast, and too thin, to bother with.
  3. Each warrior is given equal time and the evidence is piled up on both sides to maximize the suspense around the weekly suspect's guilt or innocence. But the personality cost is too high for the payoff.