There Goes the Neighborhood : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Aug 9, 2009
2.8

1. MarkE
    Aug 30, 2009
    This has to be the worst idea EVER for a game. CBS took friends and families and bet their futures together as friends and families for crappy ratings. I am very disappointed in the show and think that they should wake up and fire the guy that gave them the idea for this crappy show.
  2. DannyM.
    Aug 10, 2009
    Limp and listless. There is an inherent flaw in the premise. In Big Brother everyone is stuck in one place which creates tension and constant strategizing. In Neigborhood the families spend most of the time in their own homes interacting with each other - something they have already done for years.
  3. ChrisC
    Aug 13, 2009
    I'll be honest. I like Survivor. I like The Amazing Race. I'll even watch Big Brother if I happen to be doing nothing else when it's on. Because I just like social games that much, I'll tolerate the stupid melodrama. Reality shows like this though are just designed around the mean spirited whims of the producers. The participants should be embarrassed to have agreed to this.
  4. CP
    Sep 15, 2009
    The best season of the best TV show ever.
  5. GlendaS.
    Aug 16, 2009
    I think it is cruel to put a game on like this where the neighbors gets mad at each other and don't put anything like this on again becfause it is offensive to me and I would never play a game like this.

1. There's not enough time for the strategizing, scheming and emotional breakdowns that make the three-times-per-week "Big Brother" a guilty pleasure.
  2. It is such an utterly cynical experiment, troublesome on so many levels (there are children involved, watching adults cry because their friends have "banished" them) and no matter how often people say "it's just a game," even without a big chunk of change on the line, family competitions are rarely bloodless.
    CBS' new social-experiment-on-a-budget-series, is one of those occasionally interesting summer replacement series that proves once more that "real" people will do anything to get on TV.