• Network: FX
  • Series Premiere Date: Mar 28, 2006
9.0

1. path
    Apr 3, 2007
    This was a GREAT show, to bad it had to end.
  2. AkeishaW
    Jan 29, 2007
    I like this show! It had me sitting and thinking about what would be next and it was so REAL!!!! I felt that everything that was going on was really happening at that moment. Good Stuff....
  3. Anna
    Dec 28, 2006
    I think this was a pretty good show, I watched every episode some were better than others and I was looking foward to a 2nd season!
  4. KyleN
    Dec 8, 2006
    Typical, the best show of the year only gets 6 episodes and probably will not be back. I guess it has something to do with the fact that it requires a brain to understand it. NOTHING but crap on the TV today. I have not enjoyed a show this much since Boomtown "the police series done from different points of view" In any case Andre Braugher is incredible. I'll be looking for his work to come.
  5. TravisK
    Nov 26, 2006
    I can't believe they cancelled this show! Amazing acting, good writing. I don't see how a show like this gets cancelled and yet we can watch @##$in' wrestling or some stupid game show every day of the week. Says something about the current human condition huh? It's more than a little depressing.
  6. jaimec
    Oct 26, 2006
    i=I absolutely love this show! Me and my cousins call each other every week after it goes off. I cant wait til it comes back on!
  7. ShawnG
    Sep 26, 2006
    Please do a second season! One of the best tv shows out. Me and my girlfriend had a hard time waiting for the next episode.
  8. char
    Sep 25, 2006
    I am not hooked on any tv show but this. It MUST come back for season 2.
  9. ChelseaC
    Sep 12, 2006
    I absolutely loved this show! Aundre was AMAZING andPERFECT! Mea Whitman was pretty good too for being so young. It's original and reminds me of The Shield. The bad part is that there are some characters that if they were to leave the show my interest would majorly drop, like Tammy or obviously Nick. I'm hoping for season 2!
  10. RosalindW
    Jul 30, 2006
    I love this show please dont take it off the air.
  11. DonaldA
    May 15, 2006
    Fantastic! Outstanding! Even the finale was great. Andre Braugher is 100 proof, strong but worth the taste. Really good tv shows never start with a large steady following. I think this show requires a refined taste. Good acting and great cast members, however shortlived, will make this show a winner over time. Please make a season two.
  12. AishaG
    May 10, 2006
    Television shows are almost always shallow in characterization and thin on plot. Americans have come to expect very little. Thief is strongly intense and well written. The acting is superb. Andre Braugher is a gift. I thank the writers for giving us, the audience, a lot of credit for our ability to handle a complex plot and characterizations that aren't simple.
  13. toddg
    May 7, 2006
    Thief on FX is an AWESOME Show!!
  14. PeterB
    May 6, 2006
    Loved the show. Seasons too short but Braugher is great. The Anthony Hamilton music is great too. Never heard of the guy before the show but I went a checked out a couple of songs after the end of the season finale. Great ending song. Can't wait for the show to run a full season.
  15. GloriaE
    May 6, 2006
    Wow!, when will the second season begin? These characters are totally diverse,intriguiging, likeable,and curiosity stimulating. I will be waitng impatiently for the next episodes. Braugher is just indescribably superb.
  16. AdamB
    May 5, 2006
    Braugher is an acting genius!
  17. kenneths
    May 3, 2006
    good to have another great show to watch after "The Shield" is over for the season. Could hardly wait for Tuesday night to come. Wish the season was longer.
  18. SethW
    May 2, 2006
    Great show!!! I am totally riveted. Love the plot, please bring it back real soon. I never watch the same episode twice, but with thief I watch to see if I missed anything the first time.
  19. langstonh
    May 2, 2006
    Simply thrilling. simply.
  20. LipskeV
    Apr 28, 2006
    This slow winding story has a visual intensity that keeps my eyes glued to the screen each week. It' slike a tightly wound clock that;s about to spring. It proves that even the crooks get stuck dealing with family drama.
  21. GeorgeN
    Apr 26, 2006
    A series that keeps you glued to your seat! Braugher takes you along with him every step of the way with great acting. I'm impressed.
  22. GregF
    Apr 25, 2006
    I usually don't participate in surveys like this, but this show is a hit.
  23. JimB
    Apr 23, 2006
    Excellent show, great plot and character development. Keep it up!
  24. KashadM
    Apr 18, 2006
    Braugher is terrific. It feels good to see a story that has so many African-American influences from the Anthony Hamilton music to the underlying racial tension of between Nick and his daughter
  25. BrandonS
    Apr 18, 2006
    It's great to have Andre Braugher back, that's for sure. While I think it was a shame that Hack threw away everything that was good about its first season - and therefore failed miserably - in retrospect, I'm glad. Because that meant Braugher was free to take on a new leading role, where he belongs. Thank goodness it's an FX show, which means the ratings don't It's great to have Andre Braugher back, that's for sure. While I think it was a shame that Hack threw away everything that was good about its first season - and therefore failed miserably - in retrospect, I'm glad. Because that meant Braugher was free to take on a new leading role, where he belongs. Thank goodness it's an FX show, which means the ratings don't have to be through the roof to keep it on the air beyond it's 6-episode limited first season run. Andre Braugher is the best dramatic actor of our time, and one of the reasons for this is that he picks projects that allow him to be great. The show is excellent now, and, given a full-season order and some room to breathe, I think it will have a great chance at growing into one of the best. Expand
  26. ChrisC
    Apr 13, 2006
    Very engaging television. While there are moments that require the suspension of belief. Thief convincing depicts people that are a mixture of personal qualities. Braugher is absolutely a stand out, but he's supported by a quality cast and the writing along with the directing is top notch. I wish there were more programs on TV that were this interesting.
  27. NicoleS
    Apr 12, 2006
    Gritty, smart and stellar performances all around. Finally, a fabulous show for intelligent adults. FX, this one is a keeper!
  28. DebraJ
    Apr 12, 2006
    I really like this show...please keep it on.
  29. RossE
    Apr 10, 2006
    only six episodes: you have to be kidding.
  30. BrianT
    Apr 1, 2006
    Room for improvement certainly. And only a six episode first season is depressing. But Braugher is magic in this role and the complexities surrounding the characters and events promises thrills not unlike The Shield. I loved it.
  31. victoriae
    Apr 1, 2006
    I loved THIEF because it is an orginal concept. The writting, acting and emotional journey was a great ride. The cast did a great job too. Thanks,
  32. TimM
    Mar 29, 2006
    Good start for an interesting series. Braugher is always great, and this is something he can sink his teeth into. Want to see more of New Orleans and more music. Pleanty of room for good character development.
  33. AngelaS
    Mar 29, 2006
    LOVED IT! Have always loved Andre Braugher and Yancey Arias. Have been waiting on them since Homicide and Kingpin. Didn't want the show to end last night and can hardly wait until next week.
  34. AubryS
    Mar 28, 2006
    The acting is well above par, and the writing out of the box is excellent. If the strory line continues on the same trajectory as the pilot, and the cast stays together, this show will soon be collecting Emmys along with FX's other high caliber series. I look forward to watching each Tuesday night.
  35. AlG
    Mar 28, 2006
    Awesome!!! Believe the hype...this is great TV.
  36. matthewn
    Mar 28, 2006
    A great was really into it cant wait to see next it next tuesday
  37. JaimeW
    Mar 28, 2006
    Thief has a twist that rides to the end but never allows you to get off.
    WOW!
  39. GCPulley
    Mar 28, 2006
    Braugher and the Crew are excellent. Second place only to The Wire, so far. Bravo, Thief!
  40. AlbertC
    Mar 27, 2006
    Everyone keeps writing about Andre Braugher, and they should, he's quite brilliant in the series. But what's more reflective is just how refreshing a show can be when it tells the truth, something Network television no longer does. Being a thief is brutal; this is not Cary Grant in It Takes A Thief, but despite the fact that it asks you care about these people, it's never Everyone keeps writing about Andre Braugher, and they should, he's quite brilliant in the series. But what's more reflective is just how refreshing a show can be when it tells the truth, something Network television no longer does. Being a thief is brutal; this is not Cary Grant in It Takes A Thief, but despite the fact that it asks you care about these people, it's never arch about it. Rather it's in your face and it's emotional and it's a thankful addition to the television landscape which as we all know, is beyond repair at this stage. Expand

1. We don’t yet know if Thief will go anywhere surprising.
    As a character study of one man, "Thief" works, but it's going to take a lot more than that to pull us into this very dark, very unforgiving story.
  3. "Thief" is a worthy addition to [FX's] schedule.